Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

+32
CloveGlee
Molly2
Georgette888
Stephanieeee
kac
TimF
Divalicious
opals
bayth
glimmerle
tanita_mors
arina
MissSoniaPP
coxfire
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Vir Cotto
angelnessa
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
sheny
sjonnepon
ColferInspired
AnneNeville
Jellyrolls
fantastica
brisallie
ColdFlame96
Ranwing
Buenos
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
36 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 29 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  sheny 7/20/2013, 7:00 am

arina wrote:I don't know maybe I am delusional too but if my favorite actor was in something whatever it would be and I had the chance to see it I would go to the cinema too, maybe even several times. I think it's normal for fans to be biased imo. Also everyone has different taste, I love some movies who got maybe 30 % from critics...

You're right but it just annoys me that most of the girls who go to see the movie several times in a row are doing it not because they care about him as an artist but because they want to see him half naked in a sex scene over and over again. At least that's what most of the comments in the DC tag were about.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 29 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  Ranwing 7/20/2013, 7:51 am

arina wrote:I don't know maybe I am delusional too but if my favorite actor was in something whatever it would be and I had the chance to see it I would go to the cinema too, maybe even several times. I think it's normal for fans to be biased imo. Also everyone has different taste, I love some movies who got maybe 30 % from critics...

I've been willing to sit through absolutely shit movies because it had an actor that I liked. I could accept that it was a shit film (and wonder why my fav needed the paycheck that badly) but still enjoy seeing my fav in it. And I have more than a few "guilty pleasure" movies that I know are dumb, but I enjoy them and watch them whenever they show up on cable. I won't hold it against the Blarren stans for being more enthusiastic than the critics or the general public, but I take their opinions with a huge grain of salt.

GML had all the red flags of being box office poison. Despite having a likeable star (and no, am not talking about Darren), the buzz was positively lackluster. It took forever to get released and spent more than a year playing a film festivals before getting this very modest limited distribution. Real movie critics have not been restrained with their opinions. And while Darren has bee heavily featured in the film promotion, his role is fairly modest and the best compliments that his performance earned was that he was likable. Quite a few critics failed to mention him at all, and others claimed that he failed to make any real impression. If he wants a film career post-Glee, not sure this is going to help him.

And yeah... I'm taking a bit of malicious pleasure that his first big screen film is a big old stink bomb given how distasteful and self-serving I've found his behavior.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/20/2013, 7:54 am

sheny wrote:

You're right but it just annoys me that most of the girls who go to see the movie several times in a row are doing it not because they care about him as an artist but because they want to see him half naked in a sex scene over and over again. At least that's what most of the comments in the DC tag were about.

ONTD_glee posted the "sex scene" (it's on YouTube) and it's one of the least erotic, least sexy sex scenes I've ever seen. And if they were shooting for comedy, it failed too. And the scene was a grand total of 50 seconds from start to finish. Not a whole lot of payoff for sitting through a painfully mediocre film.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 7/20/2013, 8:09 am

Ranwing wrote:
sheny wrote:

ONTD_glee posted the "sex scene" (it's on YouTube) and it's one of the least erotic, least sexy sex scenes I've ever seen. And if they were shooting for comedy, it failed too. And the scene was a grand total of 50 seconds from start to finish. Not a whole lot of payoff for sitting through a painfully mediocre film.

That scene is probably not the only reason they watch the movie of course. His character sings in a boy band, wears eyeliner and from the promo it looks like he spends half of the time shirtless. But since the sex scene was leaked last night it's what most of his stans talk about. The are freaking out how hot it is Rolling Eyes and how they want to be in Kristen's place.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/20/2013, 8:25 am

Many of us Chris fans have been wanting a shirtless photoshoot for years, and I'm sure we'd have (good) heart attacks if Chris were to ever do a sex scene (I mean, I have still not recovered from "I Do"...WOW!) But what I love about Chris is that he's an artist of substance and intelligence...he does not want to rely on the most basic, lower level trick (selling sex) in order to get interest. And as fans, I think that most of us love him for that even if we may scream for a shirtless picture now and then. Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/20/2013, 9:24 am

sheny wrote:That scene is probably not the only reason they watch the movie of course. His character sings in a boy band, wears eyeliner and from the promo it looks like he spends half of the time shirtless. But since the sex scene was leaked last night it's what most of his stans talk about. The are freaking out how hot it is Rolling Eyes and how they want to be in Kristen's place.

Their standards are a lot lower than mine. It take a lot more than a pretty face to rev my motor. I totally get that it's the self-insertion fantasy that's getting them heated (which is why they are so dedicated to the Klaine pairing - they can use Kurt as the avatar for their own fantasies about Darren/Blaine). But Darren is nothing more than pretty ornamentation on a crap pile in GML. And considering that he's basically playing... Darren Criss, I don't see this boosting his film career potential.

MoviesAreLife wrote:Many of us Chris fans have been wanting a shirtless photoshoot for years, and I'm sure we'd have (good) heart attacks if Chris were to ever do a sex scene (I mean, I have still not recovered from "I Do"...WOW!) But what I love about Chris is that he's an artist of substance and intelligence...he does not want to rely on the most basic, lower level trick (selling sex) in order to get interest. And as fans, I think that most of us love him for that even if we may scream for a shirtless picture now and then. Wink

We do live for those glimpses of skin (and Chris has been very kind to oblige us more recently with lots of pictures of him in shorts and tank tops). But there's a big difference between just being out and about sexy and being openly marketed as a sex symbol. Chris is extremely attractive and it's not shied away from (given how many amazing photo shoots he's done in the past few years), but he's being marketed as much for his intellect as his physical appeal. Darren is going for the sexy (miles may vary) and the downside of that approach is that there are lots of hot looking men being marketed in the same manner (many far more attractive than Darren) and the shelf-life for such an approach is very brief. If he doesn't have more to offer than just a pretty face (again, miles may vary), then he's going to be quickly replaced by the next pretty face that comes down the pike.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/20/2013, 10:53 am

Ranwing wrote:We do live for those glimpses of skin (and Chris has been very kind to oblige us more recently with lots of pictures of him in shorts and tank tops). But there's a big difference between just being out and about sexy and being openly marketed as a sex symbol. Chris is extremely attractive and it's not shied away from (given how many amazing photo shoots he's done in the past few years), but he's being marketed as much for his intellect as his physical appeal. Darren is going for the sexy (miles may vary) and the downside of that approach is that there are lots of hot looking men being marketed in the same manner (many far more attractive than Darren) and the shelf-life for such an approach is very brief. If he doesn't have more to offer than just a pretty face (again, miles may vary), then he's going to be quickly replaced by the next pretty face that comes down the pike.

Oh, I agree. I am so sick of the sex objects/sex symbols. Nothing wrong with being confident and proud of your attractiveness and "showing off" once in a while, but to rely on that constantly feels cheap. It annoys me and it's boring. It's been exploited since the beginning of time. It's desperate and so basic. Very manipulative. I could go on and on. Anyway, intelligence and talent are so much more appealing to me.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/20/2013, 11:31 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:Oh, I agree. I am so sick of the sex objects/sex symbols. Nothing wrong with being confident and proud of your attractiveness and "showing off" once in a while, but to rely on that constantly feels cheap. It annoys me and it's boring. It's been exploited since the beginning of time. It's desperate and so basic. Very manipulative. I could go on and on. Anyway, intelligence and talent are so much more appealing to me.

Sex symbols generally have a short shelf life unless they can prove that they've got some kind of appeal that goes beyond just looking good. The problem with Darren (and Chord) is that there's just not much else there. I get that his stans find Darren all kinds of charming and talented, but as an actor and singer (the talents that got him this gig) he's very mediocre. He doesn't have the "once in a generation" (as RM put it) voice that Lea has (and she will do fine if she never gets another tv or movie job and returns to Broadway). He doesn't have Chris's acting chops or talent as a writer. They have appeals far beyond being gorgeous and sexy (which they both definitely are). Darren really doesn't and his got a pretty brief window to make an impact outside of the Glee and Starkids fandom. Thus far, he's had a few small successes, but his first big movie (that barely made it off the festival circuit and seems destined to die a quick death in the theaters. If his album doesn't make a big splash, Glee might be the high point of his career if he doesn't find some way to distinguish himself.

I don't need to see Chris shirtless or in "fuck me" poses to find him sexy. Put him in a slim-tailored suit with one of his quirky accessories and he just oozes sex appeal to me. I wouldn't mind seeing him shirtless at some point because... hey, I can be as shallow as the rest of them. But I'd rather see it in a candid of him at the beach with Will and not something staged and posed that's designed to be sexy. Chris is sexy without having to try to hard or be so overt about it.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/20/2013, 12:56 pm

Yes, Chris is classier than that. There is nothing more appealing than someone who is accidentally sexy....someone who isn't trying so hard to be like: "Look at me and how sexy I am!!" All of these little causally sexy moments Chris has given us are more than enough. Less is more.Smile 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/20/2013, 1:25 pm

Well, we're not the only ones who've notices that Chris is a hot piece. Vanity Fair has certainly taken notice. And it's very telling who's on this list and who is not. tongue2 

Young Guns

Hollywood loves a golden boy. But while a previous generation of leading men may have catapulted to stardom in baggy jeans and Fruit of the Loom T-shirts, today’s rising stars demonstrate as much talent in fashion as they do on film. We’d say these 10 are ones to watch, but then again, you probably already knew that.

CHRIS COLFER

As Kurt Hummel on Fox’s Glee, Chris Colfer showcases a range of charms, including a penchant for unapologetic trendsetting. But when he’s not playing his best-known character, the multi-hyphenate writes, publishes, and produces as well. Colfer’s wardrobe is equally eclectic. The Golden Globe–winning actor has made a habit of detail-oriented accoutrements, open-collar shirts, and unflappable poise.
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 29 Best-dressed-actors.sw.8.ss04-chris-colfer-best-dressed-under-30
http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2013/07/best-dressed-actors_slideshow_Chris-Colfer_4
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/20/2013, 9:36 pm

^ See?! Sexy without even trying. Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 7/20/2013, 9:40 pm

Ranwing wrote:Well, we're not the only ones who've notices that Chris is a hot piece. Vanity Fair has certainly taken notice. And it's very telling who's on this list and who is not. tongue2 

Young Guns

Hollywood loves a golden boy. But while a previous generation of leading men may have catapulted to stardom in baggy jeans and Fruit of the Loom T-shirts, today’s rising stars demonstrate as much talent in fashion as they do on film. We’d say these 10 are ones to watch, but then again, you probably already knew that.

CHRIS COLFER

As Kurt Hummel on Fox’s Glee, Chris Colfer showcases a range of charms, including a penchant for unapologetic trendsetting. But when he’s not playing his best-known character, the multi-hyphenate writes, publishes, and produces as well. Colfer’s wardrobe is equally eclectic. The Golden Globe–winning actor has made a habit of detail-oriented accoutrements, open-collar shirts, and unflappable poise.
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 29 Best-dressed-actors.sw.8.ss04-chris-colfer-best-dressed-under-30
http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2013/07/best-dressed-actors_slideshow_Chris-Colfer_4

I love when he makes lists like this Smile
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/20/2013, 9:41 pm

I love that most of the focus is on his talent, with just a hint to his blossoming looks...not being shallow, but not ignoring the elephant in the room either! Smile

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/20/2013, 10:11 pm

this kind of list is a thousand times more meaningful than those "100 hottest balloons" or "sexiest racoons alive" crap out there.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/20/2013, 10:38 pm

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 29 Chord-overstreet-jj-spotlight-of-the-week-exclusive-02

Can I just say that I hate it when actors with a young fan base pose for pictures with cigarettes? I don't care that he smokes--it's his life and his choice, he can smoke all he wants.

I just think it's irresponsible for actors with teens and tweens as fans to do photoshoots where they pose with cigarettes and make it look sexy or glamorous to have a cigarette. Smoking is not sexy or glamorous. If even one kid decides to pick up a cigarette because they saw how sexy Chord looks with one, it is a shame.

OK, I think I'm done now.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/20/2013, 10:46 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 29 Chord-overstreet-jj-spotlight-of-the-week-exclusive-02

Can I just say that I hate it when actors with a young fan base pose for pictures with cigarettes?  I don't care that he smokes--it's his life and his choice, he can smoke all he wants.  

I just think it's irresponsible for actors with teens and tweens as fans to do photoshoots where they pose with cigarettes and make it look sexy or glamorous to have a cigarette.  Smoking is not sexy or glamorous.  If even one kid decides to pick up a cigarette because they saw how sexy Chord looks with one, it is a shame.

I didn't know actors/actresses/models still did that in this day and age! Shocked 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/20/2013, 10:53 pm

Robert Pattinson did a few photoshoots with cigarettes when he was in Twilight (and I think one or two others from twilight did too).

Like I said, I don't care if they decide to smoke (since I don't have to be around them when they do it), but there is no need to glamorize smoking when you have young fans.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  TimF 7/20/2013, 10:56 pm

Chris is among pretty nice company on the Vanity Fair list. I'm a such proud fanboy right now. Not that I'm not always a proud fanboy, but I'm even more so when he gets recognition for being amazing from important sources. He's getting noticed for both talent and fashion now, that has to feel really good to him. Watch him get some awesome modeling job from some famous suit designer, he has the body type for it. Smile

And ugh, Chord posing with a cigarette, it is not even a little classy when you have such a young fan base. (I'm assuming his fans are young as you can't be an adult and like how dumb his character is.)
TimF
TimF
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/20/2013, 10:57 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Robert Pattinson did a few photoshoots with cigarettes when he was in Twilight (and I think one or two others from twilight did too).

Like I said, I don't care if they decide to smoke (since I don't have to be around them when they do it), but there is no need to glamorize smoking when you have young fans.

Didn't Glee do that once? Although, it was played for laughs and not taken seriously.

Rachel: I wish I could sing like you! How do you sing like that?

Santana: Thank you, that is so sweet. I smoke cigars.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/20/2013, 11:00 pm

Yes, Glee did have that conversation in there. I didn't like that either.

Just like I didn't like the scene where they had puck say he doesn't use condoms.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/20/2013, 11:05 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Yes, Glee did have that conversation in there.  I didn't like that either.

Just like I didn't like the scene where they had puck say he doesn't use condoms.

I don't remember that one. Ew.

But Tina did mention using protection in TFT, so that's good.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/20/2013, 11:23 pm

this "cigarette is sexy" undertone is so out of date and repulsive now. i'd much prefer him holding an infant rattle.

i believe a few cast member (Diana for example) do smoke but she never posted a sexy picture w/ a cigarette in hand. she smokes privately. If chord does smoke it's his private business, but posing "sexy" knowing his fans are mostly young teens is simply irresponsible.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/21/2013, 12:02 am

fantastica wrote:this "cigarette is sexy" undertone is so out of date and repulsive now. i'd much prefer him holding an infant rattle.

i believe a few cast member (Diana for example) do smoke but she never posted a sexy picture w/ a cigarette in hand. she smokes privately. If chord does smoke it's his private business, but posing "sexy" knowing his fans are mostly young teens is simply irresponsible.

I believe she did pose with a cigarette once...but it was a casual picture, not a sexy or professional photoshoot.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/21/2013, 8:33 am

Jellyrolls wrote:Can I just say that I hate it when actors with a young fan base pose for pictures with cigarettes?  I don't care that he smokes--it's his life and his choice, he can smoke all he wants.  

I just think it's irresponsible for actors with teens and tweens as fans to do photoshoots where they pose with cigarettes and make it look sexy or glamorous to have a cigarette.  Smoking is not sexy or glamorous.  If even one kid decides to pick up a cigarette because they saw how sexy Chord looks with one, it is a shame.

I fully agree. Smoking is so bad for your health, it really kills! And it's true that so many young people only start smoking because they think it's cool when they see their idols and therefore other copying peers smoke (as I can't imagine people actually liking the taste of smoke when they try a cigarette, bah vomit2)

MoviesAreLife wrote:Didn't Glee do that once? Although, it was played for laughs and not taken seriously.

Rachel: I wish I could sing like you! How do you sing like that?

Santana: Thank you, that is so sweet. I smoke cigars.
Ugh, yes they did. It was supposed to be funny and not taken seriously, but as a vocal coach I shuddered at those words. Smoking does nothing for your singing, on contrary: it ruins your breathing and timbre in the long run. beam 

fantastica wrote:this "cigarette is sexy" undertone is so out of date and repulsive now. i'd much prefer him holding an infant rattle.

Lea smokes (or at least used to smoke last year according to fan accounts). Lea!!! I've also heard of other cast members smoking.

I can't believe professional singers would choose to smoke. When I was at the conservatory we had a master class of a reasonable famous Dutch singer and she smoked like a chimney, even during that master class!
I'm sorry, but seeing singers and/or teen idols smoke makes me really angry, as I see the result in my singing practice daily and it is not good. Plus my father died of smoking. Evil or Very Mad 
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/21/2013, 6:14 pm

I'm sorry about your father, Marie. :(

It always shocks me when singers with beautiful voices smoke (like Charlotte Church). Like...why would you destroy your gift?? I thought I was hearing things when I picked up a slight rasp in Lea's singing voice in "We've Got Tonight" and her solo version of "Don't Stop Believing"...but now I'm convinced it's real. I think Chris is one of the few cast members who doesn't smoke.

Naya's speaking voice went from very high pitched and clear to her lower, raspier voice that she has now because she smokes. Dianna also has a slight (very slight) smoky haze to her voice sometimes that wasn't there in season one.

In the musical RENT, the actress/singer Daphne Rubin Vega had a huge voice change from the 1994 workshop of the show, to the 1996 Broadway production....her voice went from smooth to VERY raspy and scratchy...almost unpleasantly so. People think this was from smoking.

Idina Menzel's voice went the opposite way. From rougher to more smooth and rich sounding. Does she smoke?

Anyway, I could go on and on about how smoking changes the quality of voice for some singers. Sometimes it destroys (Daphne Rubin Vega) and other times, it almost adds a little more...depth? Like in Naya's case. She would've sounded like a child had she sang with that unchanged voice of hers. I'm NOT advocating smoking at all....I think it's disgusting and I can't stand the smell. Of course, Naya's huge voice change could have been because of voice lessons.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next