Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

+32
Piciollina
Porcelainbyfire
Catt24
Vir Cotto
ColferGirl
Ireth
dap1217
Georgette888
MissSoniaPP
bayth
coxfire
tanita_mors
glimmerle
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
ChrisColferFan1
TimF
ColferInspired
sheny
fantastica
Divalicious
Delight
Glorfindel
ladydianab
valkeakuulas
Buenos
arina
brisallie
AnneNeville
MoviesAreLife
ColdFlame96
Lottie2303
36 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3 - Page 19 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Jellyrolls 7/18/2013, 1:51 pm

arina wrote:I am not sure I will be strong enough to continue watching. I know it's not the writers fault, they have to do something but it's just so drastic and sad I don't think I would handle it. Watching and loving the character for four years, seeing him finally find his place and deciding becoming teacher and now this. Watching Carole losing her son after she already lost her husband, another disaster for Kurt, watching Rachel cry over Finn while knowing the tears are real.... The whole thing is just so depressing and terribly sad, I am crying just thinking about it...

My take on this, no matter how they decide to handle it, if Lea comes back, and if Chris is there, and any of the other original cast members are there, I will watch. As hard as it will be to watch, it's nothing compared to what the original cast members will be going through to go back on set and create Glee without Cory/Finn. So if they have the strength and courage to go back and film episodes, then I will be watching the episodes as a way of supporting them.

As much of Cory/Finn was a part of Glee, it's not just about him. There are lots of actors who made Glee what it is (and I'm still talking the original cast here), and I will support them is they continue to make episodes.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3 - Page 19 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/18/2013, 1:52 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:As hard as it will be to watch, it's nothing compared to what the original cast members will be going through to go back on set and create Glee without Cory/Finn.  So if they have the strength and courage to go back and film episodes, then I will be watching the episodes as a way of supporting them.

I like this attitude. Smile

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/18/2013, 2:03 pm

it won't affect my viewing habit, which is kurt edits only.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/18/2013, 2:50 pm

If they give Kurt SL's in S5, I'll completely in. I can't look away when Chris Colfer is on the screen. I like Glee on a basic level and as long some of the original cast is standing I'll watch.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Piciollina 7/18/2013, 4:44 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:

My take on this, no matter how they decide to handle it, if Lea comes back, and if Chris is there, and any of the other original cast members are there, I will watch.  As hard as it will be to watch, it's nothing compared to what the original cast members will be going through to go back on set and create Glee without Cory/Finn.  So if they have the strength and courage to go back and film episodes, then I will be watching the episodes as a way of supporting them.  

As much of Cory/Finn was a part of Glee, it's not just about him.  There are lots of actors who made Glee what it is (and I'm still talking the original cast here), and I will support them is they continue to make episodes.  

I agree!
Piciollina
Piciollina
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/18/2013, 4:52 pm

Buenos wrote:If they give Kurt SL's in S5, I'll completely in.    I can't look away when Chris Colfer is on the screen.  I like Glee on a basic level and as long some of the original cast is standing I'll watch.

Good points. I just hope most if not all of his SLs don't involved Blaine in anyway.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/18/2013, 5:18 pm

Buenos wrote:If they give Kurt SL's in S5, I'll completely in.    I can't look away when Chris Colfer is on the screen.  I like Glee on a basic level and as long some of the original cast is standing I'll watch.
Same.

But with Finn, Puck, Quinn and Mercedes already gone, and Artie and Will steered to the sidelines, the ropes that keep me tethered to Glee are getting very thin. Basically: if Chris would quit Glee the few others of the old cast I like that are left would not be enough for me to continu watching the show.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/18/2013, 10:12 pm

Despite this sudden turn of events, Chris is still the main reason I watch the show. And I really like his interactions with Lea. I am curious to see how they'll pull this off though.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/19/2013, 9:37 am

I've got through this before, losing an actor and a character on a show that I enjoyed. Usually it takes me a few weeks to be wanting to watch the episodes with that actor again. Right now things are still very fresh and seeing Cory hurts. But in a month or so, once everyone has had a chance to grieve and come to terms, when the memorial servicies are done, then I'll be able to watch the old eps again. Just... not right now.

Sadly, in the real world, young people die. My neice lost a close friend and classmate during her senior year of high school when he was hit by a car. Senseless deaths happen. While it's going to hurt to hear of Finn spoken about in the past tense, to see Kurt and Rachel mounging someone that they were close to and loved, it happens. It's tragic and painful but no one is immune to death. Even beloved television characters.

I don't know how this will change the storylines that the writers already had planned out beyond Finchel. Maybe they will have Rachel cast in Funny Girl (though I think that this will be a mistake and will further isolate a character that already spent most of the past season isolated at NYADA). I would rather see the core of the NY characters (Kurt, Rachel, Santana, and soon Artie and I'm presuming Blaine at some point) banding together. The NY storyline needs to be consolidated in some way and sticking Rachel in her own locale (again) will futher dilute a storyline that's already too fragmented. And I don't buy an arguement that it would be right to give Rachel something to make up for losing Finn (not after the way Kurt lost everything he went for in season three and the beginning of season 4).

I think that some kind of time jump is going to be necessary in order to make things work properly. Instead of going along with the idea of picking up right where season 4 left off, we need to fast foward a few months (even to the begining of the next school year). Have a voice over talking about all the changes - ND making it to Nationals, but losing. Graduation. Rachel not being cast but surprisingly handling it well. And Finn dying over the summer in a car accident (which Rachel is handling far less well). The characters can still be shown shocked over the loss, but having no option but to move forward with their own lives.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/19/2013, 5:27 pm

Ranwing wrote:Maybe they will have Rachel cast in Funny Girl (though I think that this will be a mistake and will further isolate a character that already spent most of the past season isolated at NYADA). I would rather see the core of the NY characters (Kurt, Rachel, Santana, and soon Artie and I'm presuming Blaine at some point) banding together. The NY storyline needs to be consolidated in some way and sticking Rachel in her own locale (again) will futher dilute a storyline that's already too fragmented. And I don't buy an arguement that it would be right to give Rachel something to make up for losing Finn (not after the way Kurt lost everything he went for in season three and the beginning of season 4).

I can see a tragedy like this (losing one of their own) causing everyone to band together, like in the old days. As for Rachel...why not both? Have her lose Finn and Fanny. Show us what she's made of. The reason many of us love Kurt is because he's so strong and has handled so much crap with such grace and dignity. Let Rachel step into that strong role for once. I love her, but I'd like to see her a little lost in the beginning. Maybe to put things into perspective a little bit: losing a role does not suck nearly as much as losing a loved one. This will cause her to gain a healthy mentality when it comes to showbusiness, not this "My life is over because I lost a role" attitude.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/19/2013, 5:46 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
Ranwing wrote:Maybe they will have Rachel cast in Funny Girl (though I think that this will be a mistake and will further isolate a character that already spent most of the past season isolated at NYADA). I would rather see the core of the NY characters (Kurt, Rachel, Santana, and soon Artie and I'm presuming Blaine at some point) banding together. The NY storyline needs to be consolidated in some way and sticking Rachel in her own locale (again) will futher dilute a storyline that's already too fragmented. And I don't buy an arguement that it would be right to give Rachel something to make up for losing Finn (not after the way Kurt lost everything he went for in season three and the beginning of season 4).

I can see a tragedy like this (losing one of their own) causing everyone to band together, like in the old days. As for Rachel...why not both? Have her lose Finn and Fanny. Show us what she's made of. The reason many of us love Kurt is because he's so strong and has handled so much crap with such grace and dignity. Let Rachel step into that strong role for once. I love her, but I'd like to see her a little lost in the beginning. Maybe to put things into perspective a little bit: losing a role does not suck nearly as much as losing a loved one. This will cause her to gain a healthy mentality when it comes to showbusiness, not this "My life is over because I lost a role" attitude.

I agree. I also would like it if Blaine lose something too.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/19/2013, 5:48 pm

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:I agree. I also would like it if Blaine lose something too.

Oh, yeah. Blaine...I forgot about him in this whole mess! XD

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/19/2013, 6:01 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:I agree. I also would like it if Blaine lose something too.

Oh, yeah. Blaine...I forgot about him in this whole mess! XD

Blaine always wins, so it would be great if he lose something, not part of New Directions ,but on his own.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/19/2013, 6:10 pm

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:Blaine always wins, so it would be  great if he lose  something, not part of New Directions ,but on his own.

Like NYADA. Twisted Evil Wink 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/19/2013, 6:21 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:Blaine always wins, so it would be  great if he lose  something, not part of New Directions ,but on his own.

If Blaine were to lose just one thing I would want it to Be NYADA by far.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/19/2013, 6:36 pm

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:If Blaine were to lose just one thing I would want it to Be NYADA  by far.

Yes. If they must send him to NYC, send him to Tish School of the Arts or something. He doesn't have to be at NYADA (therefore, hogging every scene Kurt is in).

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/19/2013, 6:48 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:If Blaine were to lose just one thing I would want it to Be NYADA  by far.

Yes. If they must send him to NYC, send him to Tish School of the Arts or something. He doesn't have to be at NYADA (therefore, hogging every scene Kurt is in).

Agree, him hogging ever scene Kurt is in is the mainly reason I don't want him at NYADA. I would rather if he does not go to NYC ,but if he sent there I want to be Tish, or some other school, besides NYADA.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/19/2013, 7:31 pm

From the Glee facebook page:

In light of the tragic passing of beloved GLEE cast member Cory Monteith, the series’ executive producers, 20th Century Fox Television and Fox Broadcasting Company have jointly decided to delay the start of production of GLEE until early August. Season Five of GLEE will now premiere on Thursday, Sept. 26 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.  No further details are available at this time.

Monteith played loveable FINN HUDSON, the star quarterback of McKinley High who became a leader of glee club New Directions. Outside of GLEE, Monteith worked closely with several charitable organizations, devoted to helping people effect positive change in their lives. In honor of his passing, the following groups will be accepting donations in his name:

·      Project Limelight Society: www.projectlimelightsociety.org

·      Virgin Unite: www.virginunite.com

·      Chrysalis: www.changelives.org/donate

GLEE is produced by Ryan Murphy Television in association with 20th Century Fox Television. Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan are co-creators of the series. Murphy, Falchuk, Brennan and Dante Di Loreto serve as executive producers. “Like” GLEE on Facebook and download the Facebook Fan Page app at www.facebook.com/Glee. Follow the series on Twitter @GLEEonFOX and join the discussion at #glee.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/19/2013, 7:38 pm

^ Wow! I would have thought they'd push it back much farther than just one week. Shocked

So, things have not changed much.

Original schedule: Production was to start in late July, Glee was to start airing Sept 19th

New schedule: Production is now to start in early August, Glee is to begin airing Sept 26th

I hope the cast can handle this. :(

Last edited by MoviesAreLife on 7/19/2013, 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/19/2013, 7:40 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:^ Wow! I would have thought they'd push it back much farther than just one week. Shocked 

I thought so too,like a month or so,
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/19/2013, 7:43 pm

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:^ Wow! I would have thought they'd push it back much farther than just one week. Shocked 

I hope it's not too soon for the cast members.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/19/2013, 7:48 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:

I hope it's not too soon for the cast members.

I agree. It would be for me ,if I was a cast member.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/19/2013, 8:42 pm

So the rumours were wrong, and Glee won't be delay until november. I'm guessing the first episodes will be focused on MK, because I don't think so Lea is coming back anytime soon. And I'm not sure if Glee will give all the responsibility to Chris and Naya to lead the NY plot. I would do, but I'm not the writers or producers.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/19/2013, 9:22 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:

Why not NYADA and Kurt?

I hate to say it, but if there is one good thing that might result in the storyline from this, it might be finally allowing these "end game" couples to fade into the past. High school couples sometimes end in lifelong relationships, but most don't. Not nowadays. Especially when it's your first real relationship. The show killed off Brittana long before Heather got pregnant and left the show. Finchel is over for obvious reasons. Why should Klaine limp along?

It would make good sense at this stage to allow Klaine to die off. Brittany and Santana ended for numerous reasons, primarily because they just could not longer fit one another into their lives (and Brittany's heart drifted in another direction). Finn and Rachel broke up initially because Finn could not fit into Rachel's dreams and then was finally done in by tragedy. It would make perfect sense for Kurt and Blaine to be broken up, and remain broken up, due to infidelity and a loss of trust. Especially with Kurt making those first steps into a romantic life without Blaine.

Just... let it go already. Let Jarley (the utter boredom that they are) be the big pairing. But Klaine? That ship broke up on the rocks a long time ago.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/19/2013, 9:27 pm

brisallie wrote:So the rumours were wrong, and Glee won't be delay until november. I'm guessing the first episodes will be focused on MK, because I don't think so Lea is coming back anytime soon. And I'm not sure if Glee will give all the responsibility to Chris and Naya to lead the NY plot. I would do, but I'm not the writers or producers.

It would be easy for write Rachel away from things for a few episodes (or at least dramatically reduce her presence). She doesn't get the part in Funny Girl and is despondent, so her fathers swoop in to take her away for a little bit to cheer her up. While she's away, we get the news about Finn. The other characters deal with the initial fallout and Rachel can return for the memorial service.

I've seen it brought up elsewhere that while the show should be sensitive to Lea's situation, she is still a professional and this is her job. She can't just vanish for three months. They'll be mindful that Cory and she were in a relationship, but unless she quits, there's only so long she can be absent. Her stans insist that she's the star of the show, so she needs to be there at some point.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next