Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

+32
Piciollina
Porcelainbyfire
Catt24
Vir Cotto
ColferGirl
Ireth
dap1217
Georgette888
MissSoniaPP
bayth
coxfire
tanita_mors
glimmerle
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
ChrisColferFan1
TimF
ColferInspired
sheny
fantastica
Divalicious
Delight
Glorfindel
ladydianab
valkeakuulas
Buenos
arina
brisallie
AnneNeville
MoviesAreLife
ColdFlame96
Lottie2303
36 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3 - Page 18 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/16/2013, 7:58 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
fantastica wrote:it's official: 'the glee project' canceled at oxygen

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/official-glee-project-canceled-at-586159

Good.
Agree.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3 - Page 18 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/16/2013, 8:05 pm

It's good that everyone will get a little time to take a breather. I didn't expect them to stick to the old schedule at all. It's wise and compassionate to let everyone grieve a little. This will impact everyone on that set who knew him, even a few of the newbies who worked with him, like Melissa....but especially the originals. He seemed close with all of the originals but especially Lea, Chris and Mark (is Mark returning?) Lea is one of my favorite cast members and Rachel is my second favorite character, but if Lea feels it's too painful to return, I understand. That would leave just two good actors to hold down the NYC storylines...I don't know if that's possible.

Rachel does tend to crumble at every bump in the road she meets, but this one (losing a person you love) is enough to truly knock her on her ass, I think....at least, for a little while. I wouldn't even blame her. Same goes for Lea. Arg....I feel weird blurring the lines between fiction and reality. So many good changes and character growth can come from this tragedy, just as Ranwing said, but damn. I don't know if it's worth it.

I hope RIB don't use this as a tool to force together the last remaining, big "endgame" couple. It would be foolish to do so. You know when Finn gave the stalker-y speech to Rachel in "I Do" about always being her endgame where ever she goes, whatever she does and forever? Well, real life does not work that way. This is plainly obvious now more than ever. Sick of me to say, I know. When I thought of how I wanted the endgame couples to die, it was through various circumstances involving the fictional characters, not the actors: someone moves away, a loss of interest, they grow up and grow apart, a new romance starts with someone else, they are better as friends, someone decides to focus on a career and to not let a childhood romance define them (first love means shit in the real world). You know, they just do what real people do and move on with their lives. Never did death enter the equation, but yes...death is very prevalent in real life and does tear "soulmates" apart. It's awful but it happens.

It's sad we'll never see the dreams of Finn Hudson unfold. I know it sounds fucked up to be talking about a fictional character now. But Finn was one of the few kids in the series who didn't want to have a performing arts career. I really did root for teacher!Finn (the only time I ever really loathed Finn was when he was a part of Finchel). He was just starting to find himself and then...BAM! Gone.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/16/2013, 9:32 pm

Since we can all use laughs tonight, don't forget that Kevin is scheduled to appear on the new version of Whose Line Is It Anyways tonight (the second episode that is airing is the one he is supposed to be on). It's on right now.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/16/2013, 10:18 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Since we can all use laughs tonight, don't forget that Kevin is scheduled to appear on the new version of Whose Line Is It Anyways tonight (the second episode that is airing is the one he is supposed to be on).  It's on right now.

Tell me about it. Thanks for the reminder. Kevin is one of my favorite cast members and he's just hilarious. I used to love WLIIA. So many bad things are happening lately: Cory, the Zimmerman trail, Talia Castellano. Come on, Kate...push that baby out already! Wink I don't even care about the Royal Family like the way Chris does, but something in the news other than death and injustice would be nice.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 7/18/2013, 3:16 am

I found this speculation post about what should happen in season 5 on Tumblr. It's very well written I hope the Glee writers will come up with something close to her ideas.

Spoiler:

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/18/2013, 3:29 am

I like most of her ideas,  but I do but I do not want Klaine get back together. I especially don't want Klaine get back together if they use Cory's/Finns death as an excuse for Klaine getting back together. Mainly because of the reason Klaine are no longer together.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Porcelainbyfire 7/18/2013, 5:07 am

Hi, I haven't posted here in forever because I am just a natural born lurker. But I just wanted to throw out an idea that i haven't really seen any where else. Everyone seems to be thinking that this tragedy will push Kurt closer to Blaine but what if the opposite happens. What if Finns death (if it happens in cannon) causes Kurt to kind of shrink into his comfort zone and lean and depend on his father instead of Blaine. I mean his mom died when he is very young, his dad has had two medical scares in a relatively short period of time, the love of his life betrayed him, and now his step brother suddenly dies. This string of events could make anyone jaded and cynical. Then Kurt can go back to New York and throw himself into his work and school kind of mirroring Rachel who will do the same but off screen. I also think its possible that Blaine will stay in Lima as a student aide from a nearby University to anchor Mckinley and remain lead there maybe with Sam as his sidekick.

I also think a time jump is necessary so that Kurt,Rachel,Carole,Burt, etc. won't be miserable for too long on our screens.

Last thing What if Burt and Carole move to New York. Burt to be closest to his only son and Carole because being in Lima is too painful. Which would add another dynamic to the New York narrative.

I know this all sounds very depressing but when has that ever stopped the writers. In addition sometimes the darkest dramas are the funniest.

Porcelainbyfire
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 7/18/2013, 5:53 am

I think Mike O'Malley is/will be a regular on a new show so he won't be able to be more than a guest star for 1-2 episodes.

Last edited by sheny on 7/18/2013, 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 7/18/2013, 5:54 am

Porcelainbyfire wrote:Hi, I haven't posted here in forever because I am just a natural born lurker. But I just wanted to throw out an idea that i haven't really seen any where else. Everyone seems to be thinking that this tragedy will push Kurt closer to Blaine but what if the opposite happens. What if Finns death (if it happens in cannon) causes Kurt to kind of shrink into his comfort zone and lean and depend on his father instead of Blaine. I mean his mom died when he is very young, his dad has had two medical scares in a relatively short period of time, the love of his life betrayed him, and now his step brother suddenly dies. This string of events could make anyone jaded and cynical. Then Kurt can go back to New York and throw himself into his work and school kind of mirroring Rachel who will do the same but off screen. I also think its possible that Blaine will stay in Lima as a student aide from a nearby University to anchor Mckinley and remain lead there maybe with Sam as his sidekick.

As much as I would love this to happen, unfortunately, I am sure that this won't happen, simply because the writers are dead set on Klaine being soulmates, endgame forever or whatever, and secondly because despite the opinions that we all have here on the Klaine subject, Klainers are loud, loud fans, and even the media seem to be "Team Klaine", so, in my opinion, what Glee PTB and RIB see is that the audience "wants" Klaine. That might not be true, but apart from this forum and few people out there, "Klaine forever" is what is the most visible out there.
Besides, as Glorfindel said, Glee "gave" cancer to Burt for the sole purpose to deliver the "life is too short, enjoy your loved ones" message they needed to justify a Klaine duet and bring the boys closer. I can see them taking the shortcut with Finn's death, of Kurt having the "revelation" that Blaine could die any moment and that he MUST get back to the "love of his life before it's too late" (excuse me, I have to puke).
I don't know, I might be wrong, I hope so, and I wish Glee writers could understand that life doesn't turn around romance only, but that personal growth and self achievements are important matters and good storytelling material (see: Struck by lightning), particularly when you have the chance to work with characters that transition from teens to young adults, but I can't see that happen.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 7/18/2013, 6:03 am

Also, Klaine is the only one of the romances that are established (other than Jarley) that they can do. I cannot imagine that will be able to give Rachel another love interest until S6 at the earliest, and even then that is touch and go, out of sensitivity to Lea and because the fans would go apeshit.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 7/18/2013, 6:12 am

Of course personal growth and self achievements are very important that's why they will probably give that to Rachel.

But romance is important too. Not all film and TV show can be like SBL and that's actually a good thing becasue it make Chris' movie different and special.

Jarley is not popular enough so Klaine is Glee's only option for a romantic storyline for now.

Last edited by sheny on 7/18/2013, 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/18/2013, 7:09 am

I suppose I'm not entirely against the idea of truly "promoting" Klaine to the actual foreground, but as it is now it won't work. Klaine by the end of S4 wasn't making any sense. They'd have to start actually handling both boys as individuals: give Kurt opportunities to think outside of Blaine, live a little and give Blaine some sense and few more humble brain cells.

And yes to all individual character development for both Rachel and Kurt. If they truly have two seasons then what's the hurry?

But Kurt has to be after all these tragedies (if Finn dies) one of the most saddest characters in television history, and in a comedy as well. Kurt could be made an epic example of self-growth and dignitiy after going through all this crap. Bad things happen all the time and not everyone crumbles entirely under those circumstances, I've never seen Kurt as a character that just gives up.

Even during S4 when they didn't show his pain at all, I never imagined he'd just give up. I just don't nessesarely need relationship troubles to enjoy a good SL, but somehow it seems to be a mandatory aspect of any entertainment product that handles young people. (Well not even young people.)
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 7/18/2013, 10:03 am

Jane Lynch got an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actress.

Here are some other nominations for Glee

Outstanding Guest Actress In A Comedy Series: Dot-Marie Jones as Shannon Beiste
Outstanding Directing For A Comedy Series: Diva - Directed by Paris Barclay
Outstanding Makeup For A Single-Camera Series (Non-Prosthetic): Guilty Pleasures

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MissSoniaPP 7/18/2013, 10:24 am

sheny wrote:Jane Lynch got an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actress.

Outstanding Makeup For A Single-Camera Series (Non-Prosthetic): Guilty Pleasures

Marie Jones was again nominated:) 
MissSoniaPP
MissSoniaPP
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/18/2013, 10:30 am

Do I remember right, but didn't both Diva and Guilty Pleasures have at least some sort of Kurt VO?

Congrats to Jane and Dot-Marie, didn't see much of them since I refused to watch MK side.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/18/2013, 11:07 am

valkeakuulas wrote:Do I remember right, but didn't both Diva and Guilty Pleasures have at least some sort of Kurt VO?

Yes, Diva had the whole thing about Rachel being a Diva (followed by the amazing Hummelberry argument and of course Bring Him Home). Guilty Pleasures had the voice over about Bruce (including the sweating with the oldies part).

Kurlow. I still ship you so hard!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/18/2013, 11:19 am

sheny wrote:Jane Lynch got an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actress.

Well, good for Jane...she's had a rough year so far, aside from Annie. Good for Dot, too. But I honestly can't remember any stand out moments for either of them this season?? Season three, yes...season four? I don't know....unsure 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 7/18/2013, 11:24 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:Well, good for Jane...she's had a rough year so far, aside from Annie. Good for Dot, too. But I honestly can't remember any stand out moments for either of them this season?? Season three, yes...season four? I don't know....unsure 

she was very great in her scene with Iqbal (Figgins) at the end of the otherwise awful "Shooting star" episode. When Sue says how she'll only be remembered for a single mistake while all her accomplishements would be forgotten. Jane "saved" this episode for me with this scene.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/18/2013, 11:39 am

Porcelainbyfire wrote:Hi, I haven't posted here in forever because I am just a natural born lurker. But I just wanted to throw out an idea that i haven't really seen any where else. Everyone seems to be thinking that this tragedy will push Kurt closer to Blaine but what if the opposite happens. What if Finns death (if it happens in cannon) causes Kurt to kind of shrink into his comfort zone and lean and depend on his father instead of Blaine. I mean his mom died when he is very young, his dad has had two medical scares in a relatively short period of time, the love of his life betrayed him, and now his step brother suddenly dies. This string of events could make anyone jaded and cynical. Then Kurt can go back to New York and throw himself into his work and school kind of mirroring Rachel who will do the same but off screen. I also think its possible that Blaine will stay in Lima as a student aide from a nearby University to anchor Mckinley and remain lead there maybe with Sam as his sidekick.

I also think a time jump is necessary so that Kurt,Rachel,Carole,Burt, etc. won't be miserable for too long on our screens.

Last thing What if Burt and Carole move to New York. Burt to be closest to his only son and Carole because being in Lima is too painful. Which would add another dynamic to the New York narrative.

I know this all sounds very depressing but when has that ever stopped the writers. In addition sometimes the darkest dramas are the funniest.

Hey, didn't you celebrate a birthday a few days ago?? Happy late birthday! Sorry....I hate the idea of anyone having a forgotten birthday and no birthday wishes. But things have been crazy since "that day". :(Also, I wasn't sure if you were still posting here, so I didn't know if I should've said anything.

Kurt Hummel...that poor kid. He is surrounded by death, isn't he? His mom, his dad and now his step brother. What I admire about Kurt is that he's so unexpectedly strong. He handles all the shit life throws at him with grace and dignity. He refuses to crumble. Others might call him "delicate" but he is anything but. And for once, this latest tragedy was not something the writers made up in order to torture Kurt...it just happened. I wonder if Kurt will start thinking he's cursed? Still, despite it all, he's got a good heart. Anyone else would have a heart of ice a long time ago.

I still hate Klaine. I'm going to try to tone down my negativity, but I believe there is more to life than romance, even if Glee does not seem to feel the same. I never, ever liked the idea of "endgame" and "soulmates"...a story about goals and dreams and an identity outside of a relationship is a far more powerful message to teach young people...not that someone else "completes" them because no one is ever incomplete in the first place.

That doesn't mean that I want Kurt to be an old maid (what is the masculine version of that?) Romance is a part of life, just not your whole life. I'd rather that romance be Kadam than Klaine. Just let both boys (Kurt and Blaine) move on from this silly high school romance already. It's getting ridiculous.

Rachel, however, I'm sad to say but I don't think she should ever get a new romance. I know it's awful for me to say...real life people do move on from the death of their partner...some after years, some after months. But given the real life circumstances of it all (Lea and Cory dating in real life) it would just be cruel to do that to Lea, no matter how professional she is. Plus, it would feel like a betrayal to Cory and Finn. I'm torn. To have her (the character Rachel) remain alone seems cruel as well....but to have her move on would be hard on Lea. If Cory wasn't dead and if he wasn't dating Lea in real life, I'd love for her to get a new love interest...even if they had killed off Finn (of course, it would've still been sad). But given the real life tragedy here....I don't know. Rachel standing on her own two feet like an adult would be nice. She is so needy. I don't blame her if this Finn news knocks her on her ass and throws her into a depression for a while. That would also be a major challenge for her to overcome, making her sympathetic. Yes, she lost for once...the "love of her life".

I like the idea of the adults in NYC, even if Burt does seem like a Lima guy. Wink

Seeing Rachel have a storyline dominated by her dreams and talents and not a silly romance seems like a dream come true, but why did it have to come at the price of a nightmare?

If RIB simply must to the endgame bullshit, I hope they switch it over to less offensive (yet more boring) couples like Jarley and Tike. I don't mind these couples.

Last edited by MoviesAreLife on 7/18/2013, 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/18/2013, 11:46 am

coxfire wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:Well, good for Jane...she's had a rough year so far, aside from Annie. Good for Dot, too. But I honestly can't remember any stand out moments for either of them this season?? Season three, yes...season four? I don't know....unsure 

she was very great in her scene with Iqbal (Figgins) at the end of the otherwise awful "Shooting star" episode. When Sue says how she'll only be remembered for a single mistake while all her accomplishements would be forgotten. Jane "saved" this episode for me with this scene.

How could I forget?! She was outstanding in that scene! What about Dot?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/18/2013, 11:46 am

i can see rachel having a male heterosexual friend (aka brody 2.0) near her in the later half of the season, but it would not be a full blown romance. maybe a cliff hanger (will they or won't they kiss) at the finale. the 2 new girls hired this season can give one of the ND guys a new romantic boost. glee can't write young people well w/o some sort of triangular romance.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/18/2013, 11:54 am

fantastica wrote:i can see rachel having a male heterosexual friend (aka brody 2.0) near her in the later half of the season, but it would not be a full blown romance. maybe a cliff hanger (will they or won't they kiss) at the finale.  the 2 new girls hired this season can give one of the ND guys a new romantic boost. glee can't write young people well w/o some sort of triangular romance.

Maybe. Having Rachel become an old maid at 18 would be tragic. Having her remain alone for the rest of her life would be sad. This is a good way for the character Rachel to have some chance of a romance on her horizon without putting Lea through the agony of....."cheating" on her dead lover....

The more I think about this idea, the more I like it.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/18/2013, 12:31 pm

sheny wrote:I found this speculation post about what should happen in season 5 on Tumblr. It's very well written I hope the Glee writers will come up with something close to her ideas.

Spoiler:

As for Finn's death, I like (ew, sounds like a wrong word to use...you know what I mean) the idea of it being a heart condition or a car accident....something random and out of his control, the way life sometimes is. However, I know most people hate the PSA storylines, but I like them. I like the serious, teachable moments. Having Finn die from a secret drug addiction can be seen as poignant or offensive, I choose to see it as poignant though I understand that some people would see it as exploitive. This is a very sensitive issue. Also, so much of Cory was in Finn...that lost boy who felt worthless. I can see why he'd feel the need to turn to drugs, even if he was getting his life together and planning on being a teacher when he died. People with a drug issue can surprise you...it's not always apparent or who you'd expect.

And yes, going backwards, I think they should kill off Finn. I do think the idea of sending him off to an off-screen happily ever after is sweet...it's a way to soothe our feelings about Cory. But given the off screen tragedy, it would feel so bloody fake. How will they explain away never seeing him again? Becoming a ghost? It's corny and sloppy. It would make no sense for him to randomly disappear and to leave everyone while he lives his perfect life. This is a cop out. Cory is an original cast member and one of the major stars since the very beginning and he (and Finn) deserve a proper send off and a real goodbye, not some cheap and very fake happy ending. And yes, it can be cathartic. It's also closure.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 7/18/2013, 1:19 pm

I am not sure I will be strong enough to continue watching. I know it's not the writers fault, they have to do something but it's just so drastic and sad I don't think I would handle it. Watching and loving the character for four years, seeing him finally find his place and deciding becoming teacher and now this. Watching Carole losing her son after she already lost her husband, another disaster for Kurt, watching Rachel cry over Finn while knowing the tears are real.... The whole thing is just so depressing and terribly sad, I am crying just thinking about it...
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/18/2013, 1:50 pm

arina wrote:I am not sure I will be strong enough to continue watching. I know it's not the writers fault, they have to do something but it's just so drastic and sad I don't think I would handle it. Watching and loving the character for four years, seeing him finally find his place and deciding becoming teacher and now this. Watching Carole losing her son after she already lost her husband, another disaster for Kurt, watching Rachel cry over Finn while knowing the tears are real.... The whole thing is just so depressing and terribly sad, I am crying just thinking about it...

It is all so tragic. And to think Glee started off a dark comedy and a satire...mind you, this is the first dramatic event that they haven't written into the show. It's real, and that makes it much worse. It's a true reflection on the ugliness of life...

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next