General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Buenos on 8/27/2013, 7:50 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Buenos wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Nope, not expecting anything from this show anymore.
Except Marie, that Kurt is usually portrayed as the strong character.  TBH, he's probably the strongest character on the show, as far as knowing who he is and being confident about himself.  
Compared to him, Rachel comes off as insecure and unsure of herself, let alone Blaine and others.

Whether he's in a relationship with Blaine or not, that always comes through about his character.  Even his hesitancy so far in going back to Blaine hasn't ruined him Yet.

I've actually LIKED how Chris has acted out Kurt's journey.  Kurt's SL as far as the cheating in S4 wasn't bad, as far as his POV, (he was hurt, angry, anguished, forgiving, hesitant, etc, the whole gamut of emotions)  the problem was there wasn't enough of it.
I agree that Kurt is a strong character, and I think Chris' acting saved a lot of the character Kurt in season 4.
But all it takes is for the writers to wipe all that out if they want to. There's only so much Chris can do with his acting when the writing is crap.

A good example might be (and something that has always grated with me) the way Kurt complimented Blaine when Cooper was around, when they were about to sing the Duran Duran song. Something like "Blaine, you have to: you're both so handsome and good.". I mean.....vomit2
What if they write him like that from now on?

These are the writers that made Sam forget he pined for Mercedes for a season long and made him say he wantedto date Brittany instead.
I also remember how Finn and Rachel were written in season 3, with Rachel OOC willing to give up everything for Finn. And then in season 4 she thanked him for beating up Brody!
Don't disagree, as you pointed out it's not as if Kurt is the only character who has to mouth such things. I mean I know he's not a favorite around here but the actual characterization of Blaine doesn't do him any favors, he comes across as needy in Kurt's presence almost 24/7. Ditto practically any character on Glee, so I temper my annoyance with the fact that none of the characters on the show are particularly well written, and that Kurt is even now, probably the most developed character on the show.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious on 8/27/2013, 8:29 pm

Writing on this show will always be inconsistent, because they cater to the newest thing. Whether it be a song, or a dance, or whomever the teenyboppers fancy. I do think the whole Klaine moving ahead despite Blaine crushing on Sam so heavily is hugely impacted by the lack of couples the show has now. Brittana, over, Wemma-likely over soon. No chance of Quick, little chance of Mike and Tina, unless TIIC actually decide Tina should go after a guy who can return her feelings. Sam has become the dating destination, but no one sticks with him long. Sadly, no Finchel anymore either. People aren't going to buy into Jake and Marley, especially since they know the actress is actually dating what's his character. They have one single, solitary on-going relationship that people actually care about, for whatever reason. That is Klaine. So whether we want it or not, and despite the huge flaws in the whole relationship, they are going to go for it. I do think there will be something to derail it, whether it be Burt saying no to an engagement (please, please). Kurt's own eyes straying, perhaps to Adam Lambert's character (that love-hate thing we didn't get with Sebastian) and him realizing he's not ready to get married. Cue long, engagement that will be long distance, so they don't have to show any boy kisses. Just have them having their engagement party last episode of the series, and darn it all, weren't they ground breaking?

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 8/27/2013, 8:32 pm

Buenos wrote:Don't disagree, as you pointed out it's not as if Kurt is the only character who has to mouth such things. I mean I know he's not a favorite around here but the actual characterization of Blaine doesn't do him any favors, he comes across as needy in Kurt's presence almost 24/7. Ditto practically any character on Glee, so I temper my annoyance with the fact that none of the characters on the show are particularly well written, and that Kurt is even now, probably the most developed character on the show.
True, Blaine as a character got changed a lot and ruined over the seasons.

And so far Kurt is still Kurt for the most part (the only thing I really don't buy was him sleeping with his cheating ex at the wedding when that ex hurt him so much, and even publicly making out in a car at a parking lot of all places).

Glee's writing is just crap in general.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 8/27/2013, 8:36 pm

Divalicious wrote:(---)
They have one single, solitary on-going relationship that people actually care about, for whatever reason.  That is Klaine.  So whether we want it or not, and despite the huge flaws in the whole relationship, they are going to go for it.  I do think there will be something to derail it, whether it be Burt saying no to an engagement (please, please).  Kurt's own eyes straying, perhaps to Adam Lambert's character (that love-hate thing we didn't get with Sebastian) and him realizing he's not ready to get married.  Cue long, engagement that will be long distance, so they don't have to show any boy kisses.  Just have them having their engagement party last episode of the series, and darn it all, weren't they ground breaking?
I wonder what will happen when Blaine comes to New York and Klaine is together? There's no way they would have Blaine move in with Kurt.
But how realistic would it be if Klaine had sex regularly and both were living in New York, planning to get married, but not having them live together? Laughing

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel on 8/27/2013, 8:42 pm

I was just kinda skimming through everyone's posts and thought some of the points were interesting.

Personally, I feel that Kurt was doing the right by taking some time away from Blaine. Blaine said he was sorry but Kurt wasn't ready to accept it yet. I think I speak for all the Klainers when I say that we've been patient and can't wait to see what Kurt and Blaine will be like in season 5.

Like I said before, it wouldn't surprise me if Kurt said no to the proposal because he wants to work on rebuilding their relationship.
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious on 8/27/2013, 8:50 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
They have one single, solitary on-going relationship that people actually care about, for whatever reason.  That is Klaine.  So whether we want it or not, and despite the huge flaws in the whole relationship, they are going to go for it.  I do think there will be something to derail it, whether it be Burt saying no to an engagement (please, please).  Kurt's own eyes straying, perhaps to Adam Lambert's character (that love-hate thing we didn't get with Sebastian) and him realizing he's not ready to get married.  Cue long, engagement that will be long distance, so they don't have to show any boy kisses.  Just have them having their engagement party last episode of the series, and darn it all, weren't they ground breaking?
I wonder what will happen when Blaine comes to New York and Klaine is together? There's no way they would have Blaine move in with Kurt.
But how realistic would it be if Klaine had sex regularly and both were living in New York, planning to get married, but not having them live together? Laughing
We don't know that Blaine is going to NY. Yes, I am sure it is likely, but we don't know that it will happen. Especially if my dream of Blaine getting his first dose of reality by NOT getting into NYADA happens. I guess I don't want to let go of that idea, and mentally am keeping him in Lima Wink  Because the second Blaine arrives in NY Kurt will go to propping him up instead of Rachel. Now we have Santana to pick up his Rachel propping duties. I want Kurt to have a voice, I want to hear that voice, singing and stating how he feels about things. I want him to expose Blaine for the little boy playing house that he is, even if they do make us watch them together, let it be as two young adults learning about life, not Blaine continuing to have his Peter Pan wish fulfillment life. Kurt has paid a helluva lot of dues, with the writers going right behind that showing the opposite for Blaine. I am sure on paper they think they are just showing both sides of the story, but as a viewer what I get is straight acting (even if not straight dressing) gay boys are acceptable, and effeminate gay boys should expect to have adversity piled in their face. Because Kurt has to fight and fight, and Blaine just walks in the room and someone walks up with a plateful of warm cookies and asks him what his next wish might be. And then hands it to him. Kurt should be fought for, or at least show the effort of growing up to be worthy of him.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 8/27/2013, 8:51 pm

Glorfindel wrote:And so far Kurt is still Kurt for the most part
Believe me Marie I cling to that like a life jacket in the middle of the ocean.. Smile 
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 8/27/2013, 8:57 pm

[quote="Divalicious"][quote="Glorfindel"]
)  Because the second Blaine arrives in NY Kurt will go to propping him up instead of Rachel.  Now we have Santana to pick up his Rachel propping duties.  I want Kurt to have a voice, I want to hear that voice, singing and stating how he feels about things.   
I understand your frustrations, however, I don't think the problem is  Rachel or Blaine or Santana with Kurt, it's the writers not giving Kurt any story lines , suffice screen time and POV focus.

It's the writers who need to give Kurt SL's, I don't think it's all about the other characters quite frankly.   Kurt had very little screen time even with Vogue or NYADA last year.  The bigger hurdle is the writers giving the NY narrative storylines (even if interlinked) to  all 3 characters including Kurt.

Last year was a strange aberration that hopefully won't be repeated.   I mean compared to Kurt Satana didn't get much and even Rachel was reduced to jukebox video by season end.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny on 8/28/2013, 2:38 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Buenos wrote:Let's wait and see because I can't see Burt agreeing to a Proposal of marriage.
Spoiler:
He will still bring Kurt to Dalton for the 4 choirs serenade.
I think that Burt got already halfway ruined at Christmas, and then in the spring encouraging Blaine to not give up (even though being against an early marriage) was the final nail in Burt's coffin for me.

Unless Burt knows nothing about the cheating, but even then: he should have talked to Kurt first before bringing Blaine into Kurt's home at X-mas, and he should not have made reassurances and promises to Blaine about his son's feelings when Blaine gave him the rainbow pin.
I'm not mad at Burt for bringing Blaine as Christmas present for Kurt. Kurt obviously was not ready to see Blaine and spend time with him yet but he realized it too late because during the Klaine phone call (their one and only real conversation last season) in 4x08 Kurt told Blaine he was going back to Lima for Christmas and he wanted to see him. 2 episodes later he told Rachel he had to cancel because he was saving his money for NYADA. Maybe Burt found out about his son's initial plans and he decided to bring Blaine with him to NY. 

But I'm definitely angry with Burt for telling Blaine about his health condition before telling his own son.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 8/28/2013, 2:47 am

sheny wrote:
But I'm definitely angry with Burt for telling Blaine about his health condition before telling his own son.
Even I , the ultimate  Burt stan, have a hard timer reconciling telling your son's ex before your son about your diagnosis of Cancer.

That's why it's hard to gauge the  SL's with Glee.  One would think Burt's cancer would have to lead somewhere, but in the end it just turned out to be a narrative tool to bring Burt/Blaine to Ny and for Kurt to travel to Lima.  Literally that is all the cancer story was. Shocked 

Shrug, I don't expect Burt to be perfect, and overall he's still the best Dad and one of the best characters of Glee.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 8/28/2013, 3:38 am

^Yeah, sure Burt is a good dad (good dads also make mistakes), but I don't like how the trope "Best dad in TV's history" has been tacked on to him, because he's not.

sheny wrote:I'm not mad at Burt for bringing Blaine as Christmas present for Kurt. Kurt obviously was not ready to see Blaine and spend time with him yet but he realized it too late because during the Klaine phone call (their one and only real conversation last season) in 4x08 Kurt told Blaine he was going back to Lima for Christmas and he wanted to see him. 2 episodes later he told Rachel he had to cancel because he was saving his money for NYADA. Maybe Burt found out about his son's initial plans and he decided to bring Blaine with him to NY.

There's quite a difference between enabling your son to have one talk with his ex (which lbr: could have happened over the phone or via skype), and bringing that ex to a place where your son would have had to be inhumane to refuse said ex to stay (as in sleeping, eating and showering) in his own home for a couple of days, at Christmas at that..... while your dear son who already lost a parent just found out his dad has cancer (and dad told the ex first to boot).

No, I'll never get over that. If my parents had pulled a stunt like that on me..... not cool. nowee

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 8/28/2013, 4:31 am

I think most of everyones fears here relate to the fact that we're afraid of Kurt being demoted into a drone. Because the day they make Kurt simply one of the fainting 'girls' and Chris is not given the chance to act the many sides of Kurt, Kurt will be just like any other horrible characters in Glee. Make a character so simple there is none left that can happen.

I cannot see nothing but sidekick status for Kurt if Blaine becomes the main man. Rachel WILL have a new BFF if Blaine is moved to New York and that is something I personally dredd. I know Blanchel duets are the ones we're used to but mostly so far they've been just that: a working team, not actual friends. But since it's been discussed again on here, Blaine seems to be on a trip where he sucks out all of Kurt's near and dear from around him and Rachel might be the next.

I know Hummelberry isn't for everyones taste and sometimes Hummelberry can come out just as uneven as Klaine. But Rachel has never tried to reign in Kurt the way Blaine has. Yes, they've been horrible towards each other, Rachel moreso, but Kurt knows what she's like, he's prepared for that backstabbing if Rachel gets pushed into a corner. With Blaine he didn't realise that and Kurt is still picking the pieces up.

And Burt oh Burt. I will say my final opinion about him after Finn's fate has been dealt and aired with. Because this kind of "turning point" allows writers to write all kinds of crap under the pretence of loss and grief. It's somewhat an easy way out. And I know it may sound callous but killing off a character has been used to speedy up storylines forever and with the way Glee is made I have no doubt this will be done somehow. Some characters will be doing a full 180 because of this episode. And right now, today I feel they are doing it to Burt. Which might in default mean Kurt is being thrown in as well.
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 8/28/2013, 4:38 am

Sorry I can't buy this "sidekick" status for Kurt.  
As a an actor and character, he isn't overshadowed ever, even with Rachel and Santana, two verifiable scene stealers, KUrt/Chris has always more than hold his own in scenes with them .  He's never been wallpaper in any scene.  Finn, Rachel, Burt, Blaine, Sue, etc Kurt more than matches them on screen.

So until I see it, rumors of his demise and descent into  a sidekick are just that rumors.  Razz
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 8/28/2013, 4:48 am

Buenos wrote:Sorry I can't buy this "sidekick" status for Kurt.  
As a an actor and character, he isn't overshadowed ever, even with Rachel and Santana, two verifiable scene stealers, KUrt/Chris has always more than hold his own in scenes with them .  He's never been wallpaper in any scene.  Finn, Rachel, Burt, Blaine, Sue, etc Kurt more than matches them on screen.

So until I see it, rumors of his demise and descent into  a sidekick are just that rumors.  Razz
I know it's all depression, panic and over working brains but the way you phrase it here makes it sound like 17th century epic battles between "two households both alike in dignity...etc. etc."! Smile
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 8/28/2013, 4:50 am

If this would be any other show, I'd be convinced they playing the most thoroughly and thought out executed storyline ever. Actually, Glee has gold at its hands and the possibility to really inform and educate people, also with the opportunities to truly shock people and get talked about in the media. Really, they can so easily decide to identify Blaine as emotionally abusive and with stalker tendencies, as all the signs are actually there. By making all the Blarren fans fall in love him, dismissing Kurt and its welfare and also how no character seems to see through them, they could actually show a very accurate and realistic picture of how emotionally abusive people act. It would also give Darren and Chris some great material to work with. Also that even the strongest and most independent people (i.e. Kurt) can falll victim. It won't happen, but it is a shame. With a bit of thought, they really could provided a storyline that would be groundbreaking and revolutionary.

Don't get my started about Burt. I really won't ever understand his motivations in S4 and it really makes me sad how he seemed to talk for Blaine all the time, dismissing his own son. I am still not over the fact that no one mentioned to Blaine, that he and Kurt are not dating, therefore no he cannot propose.
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 8/28/2013, 4:53 am

valkeakuulas wrote:
Buenos wrote:Sorry I can't buy this "sidekick" status for Kurt.  

I know it's all depression, panic and over working brains but the way you phrase it here makes it sound like 17th century epic battles between "two households both alike in dignity...etc. etc."! Smile
Are we already back in Verona?

That was Season 3; "I am Unicorn." Razz 

-------

http://chriscolferfanforum.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=516
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down