Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12

+33
Piciollina
fantastica
Delight
TimF
CloveGlee
ariel189
sahhar
AnneNeville
ladydianab
ColferGirl
coxfire
sjonnepon
SippyCupofLuv
Ireth
M&M
crazypumpkin
glimmerle
tanita_mors
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
ColferInspired
rooszie
Divalicious
brisallie
Glorfindel
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Lottie2303
ChrisColferFan1
arina
colfhummel
sheny
BigDestiny
37 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12

Post  ColferInspired 4/14/2013, 7:43 am

Lottie2303 wrote:The school shooting in AHS was also one of the most disturbing but well executed scenes of the show. Murphy can do it right. Also abusive relationships get called out and are ended at the end of the season. Why is it so different on Glee?

Chris would be so good on that show. I can imagine once Glee and the contract to FOX is over, he might get one (or a few) of the kids to gueststar. Maybe not major roles, but something minor but juicy, to show their versatility.

I hope so to, as Naya said she would like to guest star on AHS as well.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12

Post  Glorfindel 4/14/2013, 10:33 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan seeing that woman with the "my gays" billboard
Spoiler:
(and him then tweeting that pic) had prompted this sudden proposal nonsense.

And then they have the impertinence to tell the ones protesting against 'Shooting Star' that they plan and prepare storylines and episodes 6-8 months in advance! :angry:
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/14/2013, 11:20 am

You can vote on AfterElton on what you think about the proposal spoiler.
Please vote: link. ajkula

-ETA-
And another poll, on TVline: link
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/14/2013, 12:24 pm

Glorfindel wrote:You can vote on AfterElton on what you think about the proposal spoiler.
Please vote: link. ajkula

-ETA-
And another poll, on TVline: link

I've already voted. And I've seen the "agree" and "disagree" options are quite close in numbers. So please guys vote.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/14/2013, 12:53 pm

The one about TV line bothers me, as they do not even let me disagree about it entirely. They only ask if they should propose 'now' or 'later'. That is so annoying.

Their is so much backlash already about this idea. I wouldn't put it past RIB to change the script last minute, to either calm the masses or rile them up. I don't get they realize that this storyline could potentially drive a away a large number of fans who cannot deal with the nonsense anymore.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/14/2013, 1:00 pm

Yeah, after this news came out, I chatted with my hubby--who has watched the show with me faithfully through our "catch-up" marathon to the present (so, for the last year and a half). He is of the opinion that at this point absolutely nothing can be done to save Glee because at this point "they don't even sing and dance very well anymore."

So . . . the plot is horrid, the characters are ruined, and he doesn't even enjoy the music.

Since yesterday (and since seeing Shooting Star), I've had a sick feeling in my stomach. I may not be able to keep watching, even for Chris. Every episode since the lead-up to "I Do" has been painful--to the point that I *made* myself watch them in the hope that I'd enjoy some parts.

And I did like the little Kurt voiceovers. But there was little else . . .

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  SippyCupofLuv 4/14/2013, 1:52 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:That is nice to know. It is not like I want Chris to be in a unhappy, working environment. Still doesn't explain why Ryan is so deadset to dismiss Kurt (and Rachel) as characters and focus on the Newbies. Shouldn't he want to showcase Chris, his talents and preferably write episodes for him to win more awards? Why is he so deadset to highlight actors who just will not ever be nominated for any awards whatsoever and with an increasing 'hate'base? I don't get it.

(However I am currently re-watching S1 of AHS, and the first epsiodes are so good. The last ones are a mess. I think Ryan needs to delete his Twitter account and stop listening to anyone. His best episodes and stories are those he writes without any fan-pleasing/demeaning purpose. )

I don't think it's a case of Ryan being dismissive of/'punishing'(for whatever reason) Chris/Kurt and Lea/Rachel and NY or not even that he isn't invested or interested in them. It may seem that way because we have more precise focus and the perspective of being on the receiving end of the production of the episodes.

I think it's more that Ryan, the other writers, and Fox are juggling multiple and often conflicting goals/agendas for multiple elements and in focusing on a few elements that are struggling to meet their goals and damaging controlling the hell out of them, other elements unintentionally suffer.

Fox is clearly invested in NY and Chris and Lea, Kurt and Rachel. The writers are clearly invested in them as well because the writing is so much better for NY (as are the characters and acting, but DUH! Wink ) I think the problem results from Ryan/Fox wanting and needing McKinley to work and it's just not, but they, or at least Ryan, are determined to MAKE it work.

The under-utilization and even neglect of NY, Kurt/Chris, Rachel/Lea, and even Adam/Oliver are the unintended collateral damage of that 'damage control'.

Fox seems to be pushing for an ALL NY S5 or NY-heavy (basically a flip of S4). So the priority should return back to what DOES work. From our perspective, we could see that if they wanted Glee to still be viable for awards and critical acclaim, the focus should have been on NY from nearly the start.

But those other agendas are/were blinding them from either seeing it or the wisdom of letting go of the failing agendas.

I wouldn't be surprised, IF Darren/Blaine's in S5 and in NY, that the Blaine overdose of S4 will be past. Even is someone is still determined to 'make Darren happen", the failure this season, as seen in the repeated ratings drops on Blaine-heavy episodes and poor iTunes sales, will likely force a change in tactics or outright giving up. Like: shoving him down the audience's throats didn't work, so maybe "quality over quantity"will (lol).

To be fair, IF they dialed Blaine back, wayyyyyyyyyy back, gave him comedy bits in small doses, stopped giving him drama (and songs), stopped handing him everything (give him a 'NY rude-awakening' of having to face his utter mediocrity and personality-fail and NY doesn't care), AND killed Klaine dead, 5eva for "eternity" (even if they still string along the Klainers, as long as it's dead dead dead), well he won't be a 'Star' but he could be workable.

I also wouldn't be surprised (I expect it, even) that Oliver/Adam will be added to the S5 cast, maybe as a regular (assuming Oliver is available and agrees).

Fox wants to "REVIVE" Glee. That says to me that they're not at all interested in repeating the failures of S4, and S3. It shows an awareness that something is seriously wrong with the direction of the show. And that Fox intends to not just set Glee back on a proper course, but make big changes, including in their priorities (focusing on what's worked in S3/S4: NY/Kurt/Rachel/Santana/Adam over what hasn't.).

SippyCupofLuv
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/14/2013, 2:05 pm

I have seen couple of times posts about storylines for New York being better writen but I personally don't see it at all although I would love them to be.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/14/2013, 2:12 pm

SippyCupofLuv wrote:I don't think it's a case of Ryan being dismissive of/'punishing'(for whatever reason) Chris/Kurt and Lea/Rachel and NY or not even that he isn't invested or interested in them. It may seem that way because we have more precise focus and the perspective of being on the receiving end of the production of the episodes.

I think it's more that Ryan, the other writers, and Fox are juggling multiple and often conflicting goals/agendas for multiple elements and in focusing on a few elements that are struggling to meet their goals and damaging controlling the hell out of them, other elements unintentionally suffer.

Fox is clearly invested in NY and Chris and Lea, Kurt and Rachel. The writers are clearly invested in them as well because the writing is so much better for NY (as are the characters and acting, but DUH! Wink ) I think the problem results from Ryan/Fox wanting and needing McKinley to work and it's just not, but they, or at least Ryan, are determined to MAKE it work.

The under-utilization and even neglect of NY, Kurt/Chris, Rachel/Lea, and even Adam/Oliver are the unintended collateral damage of that 'damage control'.

Fox seems to be pushing for an ALL NY S5 or NY-heavy (basically a flip of S4). So the priority should return back to what DOES work. From our perspective, we could see that if they wanted Glee to still be viable for awards and critical acclaim, the focus should have been on NY from nearly the start.

But those other agendas are/were blinding them from either seeing it or the wisdom of letting go of the failing agendas.

I wouldn't be surprised, IF Darren/Blaine's in S5 and in NY, that the Blaine overdose of S4 will be past. Even is someone is still determined to 'make Darren happen", the failure this season, as seen in the repeated ratings drops on Blaine-heavy episodes and poor iTunes sales, will likely force a change in tactics or outright giving up. Like: shoving him down the audience's throats didn't work, so maybe "quality over quantity"will (lol).

To be fair, IF they dialed Blaine back, wayyyyyyyyyy back, gave him comedy bits in small doses, stopped giving him drama (and songs), stopped handing him everything (give him a 'NY rude-awakening' of having to face his utter mediocrity and personality-fail and NY doesn't care), AND killed Klaine dead, 5eva for "eternity" (even if they still string along the Klainers, as long as it's dead dead dead), well he won't be a 'Star' but he could be workable.

I also wouldn't be surprised (I expect it, even) that Oliver/Adam will be added to the S5 cast, maybe as a regular (assuming Oliver is available and agrees).

Fox wants to "REVIVE" Glee. That says to me that they're not at all interested in repeating the failures of S4, and S3. It shows an awareness that something is seriously wrong with the direction of the show. And that Fox intends to not just set Glee back on a proper course, but make big changes, including in their priorities (focusing on what's worked in S3/S4: NY/Kurt/Rachel/Santana/Adam over what hasn't.).

Great post and I especially like your positivism. Sometimes it is really hard to take a step back and look at it logically. For instance, I don't believe for a second that Klaine will get engaged, but just the sheer idea and the potential storyline surrounding it makes me so mad and anxious. The pictures of Chris today are a great anti-formula, as I am reminded once again that I am primary a fan of Chris and no matter what happens on Glee (and I am prepared for the worst), I discovered a great actor I truly admire and respect.

I hope you are correct about cutting down Darren's time. I thought it was already quite telling that his scenes during the last episode were cut back. Maybe they figured finally out that drama isn't Darrens strong suit. Furthermore, the hate towards Blaine as character and all his storyline seems to attract an constantly increasing number of annoyance. However, I am terrified that they reconnect him with Chris, hoping to make the character work again next to a great talent, in in process continue to destroy Kurt.

Agreed about the different agendas and ideas. But Ryan is a veteran showrunner, he should know his job. It cannot be that unprofessional audience members can see the most logical steps for future decisions, while RIB got so blindsided to push their own agenada and new characters, that in the process they efficiently ruin the show.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/14/2013, 2:15 pm

arina wrote:I have seen couple of times posts about storylines for New York being better writen but I personally don't see it at all although I would love them to be.

I think not a lot has happened in NYC yet. But the sets, storylines and supporting characters are most certainly fresh, more interesting and mature.

Still, the entire Cassie storyline was so stupid, because they wasted a chance for Rachel to have legit competion and make her likable during her studies, instead we got an alcoholic who is jealous of her. Le sigh dryy .

Overall, the actors are just better. They can make almost every storyline work, no matter how stupid, and sometimes even spin gold out of it.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/14/2013, 2:20 pm

My favorite option is that Blaine *does* propose, and Kurt turns him down in a very forceful manner. Perhaps that would spur some character development, or at least keep the two away from each other.

Is the lesbian/mentor couple definitely in NYC? I wasn't clear from the article, but if they are in NYC then that would suggest the show is being moved in that direction. Why else would you introduce multiple new characters +bring back both Cassie and Isabelle?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/14/2013, 2:25 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
arina wrote:I have seen couple of times posts about storylines for New York being better writen but I personally don't see it at all although I would love them to be.

I think not a lot has happened in NYC yet. But the sets, storylines and supporting characters are most certainly fresh, more interesting and mature.

Still, the entire Cassie storyline was so stupid, because they wasted a chance for Rachel to have legit competion and make her likable during her studies, instead we got an alcoholic who is jealous of her. Le sigh dryy .

Overall, the actors are just better. They can make almost every storyline work, no matter how stupid, and sometimes even spin gold out of it.

Mean as Cassie is, I think she was an important character. If only the show had stuck to Rachel struggling instead of turning her once again into the star who gets everything easily, it would have been a GREAT choice and contrast to Will's style (where HAS MM been this year? Was he shooting a movie?).

Unfortunately, I can tell you as someone who has worked in the theatre business for 17 years, including as a PA on Broadway with international/tv stars, the field is BRUTAL. Rachel couldn't even land community theatre roles. She NEEDS a Cassandra in her life.

Speaking of Cassandra, she's aptly named. There was no way that Rachel would ever believe the painful truths that her teacher spoke. I've met people like Rachel, and they are in no way cut out for the entertainment business--at least not until they realize they are going to have to suffer.

A lot.

And struggle and starve and work multiple jobs and not be able to have nice things and work terrible hours.

Cassandra July is an important character. She should stick around, if the show continues in NYC. No one else seems to understand what the entertainment field is like.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/14/2013, 2:37 pm

I don't mind Cassandra at all, if they would have executed her properly. I don't like Rachel because of her special snowflake treatment. I know I am not the only one thinking that way. NYC was a great opportunity to show Rachel's strengths as she has to struggle with the very tough and firm competition. Instead she gets everything handed on a silver platter again. In case she'll also get the role on Broadway for Funny Girl, I'll scream. RIB don't do themselves and Rachel any favor by having her be so successful instantaneously. Especially when other fan favorites, such a Kurt, have to lose in order to achieve a balance.

However, back to Cassie, she wasn't a professional teacher. Instead of actually being a mean, strict, demanding and straight forward teacher who actually handed out legit criticism, she was a jealous of Rachel and an alcoholic. That bothers me especially because Rachel/Lea isn't a great dancer and they had so much potential to use her weakness as a great plot device.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/14/2013, 2:42 pm

i don't mind Cassandra as a character but all Rachel's scenes in the beginning of season were all the same. Arguing with Cassandra in dance class, it became very repetitive and tiring after a while.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 4/14/2013, 3:13 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:...Sometimes it is really hard to take a step back and look at it logically. For instance, I don't believe for a second that Klaine will get engaged, but just the sheer idea and the potential storyline surrounding it makes me so mad and anxious. The pictures of Chris today are a great anti-formula, as I am reminded once again that I am primary a fan of Chris and no matter what happens on Glee (and I am prepared for the worst), I discovered a great actor I truly admire and respect.

I was looking at the photos of Chris today and I was trying to find something to say and you have excatly said what I also thought: Chris as a actor and as a persona can save a lot with his talents but Glee might be over that point. And it's good to remind ourselves why we watch this show, we all love and respect Chris as a man and as a actor. But the positive in this mess is that he can be a good actor and writer outside of Glee and people telling and most importantly seeing this over and over and over again, even in Glee, makes his future brighter.

Kurt Hummel can be used as a tool in Glee but Chris makes his own decisions which so far have been pretty interesting and good. And I'm glad for Fox for giving me even the little bit of Kurt so that I can see Chris work. If he really moves into making films we'll get to see him even less and further apart than in Glee.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/14/2013, 3:21 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I don't mind Cassandra at all, if they would have executed her properly. I don't like Rachel because of her special snowflake treatment. I know I am not the only one thinking that way. NYC was a great opportunity to show Rachel's strengths as she has to struggle with the very tough and firm competition. Instead she gets everything handed on a silver platter again. In case she'll also get the role on Broadway for Funny Girl, I'll scream. RIB don't do themselves and Rachel any favor by having her be so successful instantaneously. Especially when other fan favorites, such a Kurt, have to lose in order to achieve a balance.

However, back to Cassie, she wasn't a professional teacher. Instead of actually being a mean, strict, demanding and straight forward teacher who actually handed out legit criticism, she was a jealous of Rachel and an alcoholic. That bothers me especially because Rachel/Lea isn't a great dancer and they had so much potential to use her weakness as a great plot device.

I'm sorry to say that if you work in the entertainment business, you'relikely to spend a lot of time with unprofessional, mean, jealous, alcoholic people. And many of them hand out legit criticism that you'd be wise to follow (and a good bit of Cassie's criticism of Rachel was legit). You also have to learn how to figure out which is legit, and which is sabotage.

Her sleeping with a student was a major mistake, though. Though again, not unbelievable.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/14/2013, 3:32 pm

AnneNeville wrote:I'm sorry to say that if you work in the entertainment business, you'relikely to spend a lot of time with unprofessional, mean, jealous, alcoholic people. And many of them hand out legit criticism that you'd be wise to follow (and a good bit of Cassie's criticism of Rachel was legit). You also have to learn how to figure out which is legit, and which is sabotage.

Her sleeping with a student was a major mistake, though. Though again, not unbelievable.

Thanks a lot for the input. Obviously I have no connection with Broadway, so it is always great to get insider information.

However Glee portrayed the relationship as Cassie being 'wrong' and Rachel being 'right'. I mean, I thought Rachel was incredible rude and condescending towards Cassie, for instance telling in front of the class she smells like alcohol. No matter how true, that is just rude and Cassie is still her teacher. Especially as Cassie had good points as Racheln isn't a good dancer and only her voice is most likely not going to cut it (advise me if I am wrong about that assumption, please). However, as usual with Glee, it was implied that Rachel was in the right and allowed to act that way. As harsh as it sounds, I wanted Rachel to dramatically get a reality check and fail. Then I'd loved to follow her rise to stardom. Now, it just feels like contrived television writing with no intention to ever give any legit competition.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/14/2013, 4:05 pm

I gave up on the proposal thing long time ago. I'm tired of getting upset because of Klaine. I don't care what happens. Now I'm angry because of something else.
GOBr just revealed a second song spoiler for episode 22 and I am so mad. Who the hell is that Frida Romero and why does this woman have two solos in the season finale instead of someone from the regular glee cast. Even if it is not Chris give the solos to Kevin, Naya, Amber, Lea or somebody else I don't care. This is so stupid there probably will be 6 songs in the final episode and two of them are sung by some stranger who will show up out of nowhere and nobody will care about. Chris has only 2 solos for the entire season but this new character (probably played by Jessica Sanchez) will have two songs in one episode. Evil or Very Mad Great, just great. beam

#22 – All Or Nothing

Clarity - Frida Romero & The Hoosierdaddies
Wings - Frida Romero & The Hoosierdaddies

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/14/2013, 4:48 pm

How many songs in the season finale?

6 Songs

5 Regionals [The Hoosierdaddies (2); New Directions (3)]

1 Rachel solo

Now I'm even angrier. 3 ND song, only one solo and it's for Rachel. How exiting dryy . Stupid show.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 4/14/2013, 4:52 pm

sheny wrote:Who the hell is that Frida Romero and why does this woman have two solos in the season finale instead of someone from the regular glee cast. Even if it is not Chris give the solos to Kevin, Naya, Amber, Lea or somebody else I don't care. This is so stupid there probably will be 6 songs in the final episode and two of them are sung by some stranger who will show up out of nowhere and nobody will care about.
This was literally my first thought when I read the spoiler about her second song.
Way to piss off your audience, Glee, bravo!
I guess the American Idol cross-promotion machinery is running at full speed again.
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/14/2013, 5:00 pm

They've got to be kidding me blinkk .
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/14/2013, 5:07 pm

sheny wrote:

How many songs in the season finale?

6 Songs

5 Regionals [The Hoosierdaddies (2); New Directions (3)]

1 Rachel solo

Now I'm even angrier. 3 ND song, only one solo and it's for Rachel. How exiting dryy . Stupid show.
This song distribution would not have been a problem if it had been for a Regionals episode around 4x16 or thereabout. But now that it is the last episode of the season it is indeed infuriating, but very typical of how this entire season has been.
The best at this point is to just write off season 4 completely. dryy

On the upside: no Blaine solo outside of his mandatory Regionals performance to declare his neverdying love (untill someone else is in his vicinity Rolling Eyes) to Kurt during his proposal, while Kurt sits on a stool in the shadows.
(Although I think we can mentally prepare ourselves for Kurt sitting in the audience at Regionals.)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/14/2013, 5:11 pm

You don't know who is singing what songs. I totally expect Blaine to sing a cheesy love song, realize his undying love and chase off to NYC to propose. Excuse me, while I vomit. Can I hope it is farewell to MK and therefore the reason for all the focus???! Shocked

They really want to lose their audience. The next episodes must be filled with great NYC/Kurt plots, otherwise... I really don't know how I'll react.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 12 Empty So this was my question on AfterElton on the engagement page

Post  BigDestiny 4/14/2013, 7:34 pm

So I'd like it if the Blaine/Klaine fans would answer me this: if Blaine is the same person he was before the cheating, then what is to stop Blaine from cheating the next time 'Kurt isn't there for him'?

This is the only response I've gotten so far:
It'll be different, once they're engaged. Smile

This is a joke, right? They're being facetious?

BigDestiny
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/14/2013, 8:13 pm

BigDestiny wrote:So I'd like it if the Blaine/Klaine fans would answer me this: if Blaine is the same person he was before the cheating, then what is to stop Blaine from cheating the next time 'Kurt isn't there for him'?

This is the only response I've gotten so far:
It'll be different, once they're engaged. Smile

This is a joke, right? They're being facetious?

No, they are children or damaged adults who don't understand how a real marriage works, and think that relationships like Edward and Bella are normal.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next