Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12

+33
Piciollina
fantastica
Delight
TimF
CloveGlee
ariel189
sahhar
AnneNeville
ladydianab
ColferGirl
coxfire
sjonnepon
SippyCupofLuv
Ireth
M&M
crazypumpkin
glimmerle
tanita_mors
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
ColferInspired
rooszie
Divalicious
brisallie
Glorfindel
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Lottie2303
ChrisColferFan1
arina
colfhummel
sheny
BigDestiny
37 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 26 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12

Post  sheny 4/26/2013, 6:28 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
sheny wrote:They probably cut the rest of the scene because that would have made him look like a total douche. He suddenly wishing to propose to Kurt after being so disappointed that some guy didn't flirt with him but with some of the girls behind him definitely would have made him look awful and nobody would have believed his declarations of love in the next episode.

But why write it in the first place when they know they want to reunite Klaine the next episode? In case they want to make it happen in a sincere way, they basically once again eliminated all non-shippers why Klaine should be back together. It makes so sense. The episode wouldn't have changed one bit by leaving out this interaction blinkk .

The episode was written by Ryan Murphy who also wrote TBU when Blaine cheated with Eli C. I think also wrote "The first time" when Sebastian showed up for the first time. They all have something in common. Some other guy shows up and Blaine is smitten with them totally forgetting about Kurt. I don't know what he is trying to accomplish. Maybe show us how great and desirable Blaine is and how he can have every guy that crosses his path.

Maybe he realized this scene makes no sense considering what's coming next and decided to cut it.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 26 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12

Post  AnneNeville 4/26/2013, 6:33 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:Well, if Blaine was shown as crestfallen because Orange Shirt Guy didn't want him, then the promo "I want to marry Kurt" ran, people would definitely notice and get upset. As it is edited right now, if that interview with Mr. Marr hadn't surfaced, diehard Klainers would (and in fact still are) deny that there was any Blaine/Random Guy flirtation going on.

IE, RIB is trolling the fans. What remains is enough to make those who dislike Blaine outraged, and sexy enough/subtle enough that Klaine/Blaine fans won't even notice what flashed before their eyes.

But still, the interaction wasn't needed. The guy wasn't needed. No one would have expected a male guy anyway in that scene. They added him just for the sake of it. They must have know at that point that they wanted to reunite Klaine next episode (if that is about to happen). Are they that desperate to show Blaine as hotshit stuff Kurt should be happy to hit on??!

::points to earlier in this thread or the Lights Out thread when I complained that the lighting and costume on Kurt made him look younger, less defined, rounder-faced and more baby-penguin-esque::

Yes, I have some worries that they are once again degrading Kurt's attractiveness and promoting Blaine's sex-on-a-stick-ness. Like, you know, Kurt will never do better!

(Nevermind Adam. He's been in cold-storage while the producers found out if the show was getting renewed. But enough people liked Adam and Kurt together that I think the producers have to pump up the old Kurt-Blaine dynamic. Can't have us thinking of Kurt as a desirable individual who is liked by other men who some might consider more attractive than Blaine).

I've never gotten what it is about Blaine that is supposed to be so sexy. I just don't see it. I see a kind of average looking guy with bad clothes and over-gelled hair. (This is not about Darren--I've seen headshots of him where he looks quite good.)

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/26/2013, 6:33 pm

sheny wrote:The episode was written by Ryan Murphy who also wrote TBU when Blaine cheated with Eli C. I think also wrote "The first time" when Sebastian showed up for the first time. They all have something in common. Some other guy shows up and Blaine is smitten with them totally forgetting about Kurt. I don't know what he is trying to accomplish. Maybe show us how great and desirable Blaine is and how he can have every guy that crosses his path.

Maybe he realized this scene makes no sense considering what's coming next and decided to cut it.

But that proves my point: there is not freaking reason. Razz They only want to show him as the attractive, desirable option between the two of them. Kurts individuality, storyline and attractiveness be damned. No wonder more and more people seem to jump ship from K(B)laine. Thank god Chris appears rather confident, otherwise his self-esteem might take a blow. I would struggle not to take it personal fanny2 .

(The Blind Items about the Casting Couch sound more and more plausible. Here I thought they were utter pile of garbage...)
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/26/2013, 6:38 pm

AnneNeville wrote:::points to earlier in this thread or the Lights Out thread when I complained that the lighting and costume on Kurt made him look younger, less defined, rounder-faced and more baby-penguin-esque::

Yes, I have some worries that they are once again degrading Kurt's attractiveness and promoting Blaine's sex-on-a-stick-ness. Like, you know, Kurt will never do better!

(Nevermind Adam. He's been in cold-storage while the producers found out if the show was getting renewed. But enough people liked Adam and Kurt together that I think the producers have to pump up the old Kurt-Blaine dynamic. Can't have us thinking of Kurt as a desirable individual who is liked by other men who some might consider more attractive than Blaine).

I've never gotten what it is about Blaine that is supposed to be so sexy. I just don't see it. I see a kind of average looking guy with bad clothes and over-gelled hair. (This is not about Darren--I've seen headshots of him where he looks quite good.)

I get why people find Darren attractive and I would be certainly interessted if I'd meet someone looking like him. But I don't like his Blaine look and he doesn't look more manly (and I use this term very losely, as I hate that expression) than Kurt. At least Kurt brings some personality and uniqueness. Blaine was suited rather well for the proper school boy look but then they gave him all those odd clothes that didn't fit. We don't have to talk about the hair.

But I have a major amount of schadenfreude how Sebastian (supposed to be there for Blaine) enlightened a very strong Kurtbastian fandom, Adam was really well perceived, Kum STILL has followers and even Puck/Finn are paired up with him. Blaine however is paired 99% of time with Kurt in FF. That actually should speak volumes whom the audience prefers uhuhu .

ETA: SO agreed about Kurt looking younger and boyish. Le sigh, I really want to be one day capable of reading the mind of the writers.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/26/2013, 6:50 pm

@Lottie, first I've to ask you is schadenfreude a german word, right? What it means?

I've never looking for Blaine FF to know if he's been paired with someone else than Kurt. But I know by experience (I've read lots of fics) that Kurt is one, if not the one, who's paired with most of the Glee characters. This boy is a stud.

And as regards Blaine's look, I think he would look better, if they stick to the preppy style. A polo shirt and a pair of jeans would be perfectly fine.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/26/2013, 6:54 pm

brisallie wrote:@Lottie, first I've to ask you is schadenfreude a german word, right? What it means?

I've never looking for Blaine FF to know if he's been paired with someone else than Kurt. But I know by experience (I've read lots of fics) that Kurt is one, if not the one, who's paired with most of the Glee characters. This boy is a stud.

And as regards Blaine's look, I think he would look better, if they stick to the preppy style. A polo shirt and a pair of jeans would be perfectly fine.

And cut down the gel.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/26/2013, 6:57 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
brisallie wrote:@Lottie, first I've to ask you is schadenfreude a german word, right? What it means?

And cut down the gel.

In season two he didn't use so much gel. But then he started to have an obsession with hair gel, and seriously is like his hair is glued to his head.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/26/2013, 7:01 pm

Malicious joy or spitefulness. Schadenfreude is used within the English language, therefore I used it. Sorry for confusing you neutre .

I only read Kurt FF's but I would even go so far and say most FF's feature Kurt prominently. It is a very clear sign who the audience prefers.

Also the nonsense about Chris not being marketable because he is gay. I am straight, older and he is not my usual type, but he is looking good! Also his fans just love him, no matter his sexuality, and don't want to change anything. HW, Fox and Glee has some very screwed views of preference from viewers.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/26/2013, 7:02 pm

brisallie wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:

And cut down the gel.

In season two he didn't use so much gel. But then he started to have an obsession with hair gel, and seriously is like his hair is glued to his head.

However, I don't want to change it. I think is looks really ugly but is part of Blaines character. I am afraid they would add too much Darren once they get rid of the gel.

But yeah, S2 was most certainly his best look and season personality wise.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/26/2013, 7:35 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:

Malicious joy or spitefulness. Schadenfreude is used within the English language, therefore I used it. Sorry for confusing you neutre .

I only read Kurt FF's but I would even go so far and say most FF's feature Kurt prominently. It is a very clear sign who the audience prefers.

Also the nonsense about Chris not being marketable because he is gay. I am straight, older and he is not my usual type, but he is looking good! Also his fans just love him, no matter his sexuality, and don't want to change anything. HW, Fox and Glee has some very screwed views of preference from viewers.

Thanks for the explanation. And it always good to add more words to our vocab, especially when isn't your language.

Umm how I put this?... for me isn't only the fact that Chris is gay why he's not marketable, but I think the problem the industry have is they don't want someone who's "obviously" gay. What in Chris's case I don't see it that obvious, actually I think this boy could play a good role in a romcom. But there're also another problem, usually actors are tagged with their first role in a movie or series, so sometimes is hard to make people forget that character. What I don't think is bad, but they have to realize actors are versatile.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/26/2013, 7:51 pm

The problem is that there is still this very discriminating perception in HW that heterosexuals can play homosexuals (and may even be honored for such a brave portrayal) but homosexuals could never, ever successful convey parts in straights relationships. Even LGBT organisations tends to focus more on homosexual-supportive actors than homosexual actors (i.e. Darren for the Trevor Project).

I firmly believe Chris is currently breaking a lot of boundaries for young, gay actors as he is truly unique coming out so early, not making a fuss out of it and not letting himself be resigned just to certain parts.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/26/2013, 9:07 pm

I hate the double standard. Heterosexuals are honored for played homosexuals, while homosexuals are criticized (sometimes) because they aren't good enough to play heteroxual roles.

Sneak Peek of next episode

I know Kurt is in Lima because of his dad, but I dislike he, Mercedes and Mike are there as props to ND.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/27/2013, 12:48 am

I really like Kurt and Mike interactions in the episode. At least what I've seen in the promo and the stills. They are sitting next to each other, hugging when they first meet in the halfway. I think Mike is the first boy they let Kurt hug except for his father, brother and Blaine. Blaine always participates in group hugs with the boys or with Sam. Kurt was only allowed to be close with the girls. I'm happy they are finally showing us that Kurt can have male friends too.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 26 Tumblr_mlvylje2Dv1qlpkoio1_r1_250Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 26 Tumblr_mlvylje2Dv1qlpkoio3_r1_250

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 26 Tumblr_mlw361vdV01s4jnwio1_1280Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 26 Tumblr_mlw361vdV01s4jnwio2_1280Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 26 Tumblr_mlw361vdV01s4jnwio4_1280

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 26 Tumblr_mlvy85EBKV1qfcdl6o2_500

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 26 Tumblr_mlvzaadDHp1qaxxelo1_250Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 26 Tumblr_mlvzaadDHp1qaxxelo2_250

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/27/2013, 2:23 am

The whole proposing storyline is just so ridiculous. If they knew they wanted to touch the subject the least they could do to make it at least little bit more believable was not to let Blaine sing romantic song to Sam and be so into him just few episodes before his thinking of proposing and even using Kurt as excuse and wanting him being so flirty with other guy only one episode before does not help either. But I forgot RIB does not usually have plans more than one episode episode beforehand, and continuity is foreign word to them so that probably makes sense.

Edit: Everytime the old cast shows in McKinle is just to proping ND :( , but I cannot say it does not make me little bit happy to see him interact with some different than Rachel and Blaine.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  SippyCupofLuv 4/27/2013, 4:16 am

arina wrote:The whole proposing storyline is just so ridiculous. If they knew they wanted to touch the subject the least they could do to make it at least little bit more believable was not to let Blaine sing romantic song to Sam and be so into him just few episodes before his thinking of proposing and even using Kurt as excuse and wanting him being so flirty with other guy only one episode before does not help either. But I forgot RIB does not usually have plans more than one episode episode beforehand, and continuity is foreign word to them so that probably makes sense.

Edit: Everytime the old cast shows in McKinle is just to proping ND :( , but I cannot say it does not make me little bit happy to see him interact with some different than Rachel and Blaine.
Ah, but you're going on the assumption it's supposed to be a good/positive for Blaine/Klaine storyline and NOT ridiculous.

I think all those things were VERY deliberate to further the continued undermining/deconstruction of Klaine/Blaine, I'd say since TBU but it's been a steady progression since S3, if not S2.

(Klaine has always been 'off' and wrong for Kurt, especially if one goes by Kurt's basic underlying theme of defiantly being "proud to be different" and true to oneself, which was stifled/undermined with Blaine/Klaine and he's flourished back into in NY and with ADAM.)

It looks strongly like Blaine (and K(B)lainers) are in for a VERY rude awakening by the end of the season. RIB have avoided any real development for Blaine, especially in regards to why Klaine broke up and him working on earning Kurt's trust and love. Unlike other major couples, like Finchel and Wemma who have WORKING back towards each other as a more present part of their storylines/history.

Particularly with Finchel in S2 when Rachel cheated on Finn. Some of how she went about it was the wrong way, BUT we SAW it. Unlike with Blaine.

Another thing that's an interesting contrast is RIB have seemed to carefully make sure Rachel (or Finn, or KURT) haven't crossed the very serious line in how they cheated or whether they did.

Rachel made out with Puck (2x09), but it stopped there. Even though it was still hurtful to Finn, if she had slept with Puck it would have been worse, and with her motives probably irredeemable.

Then in S4, while Rachel was still hung up on Finn, he had 'let her go' last season, and he was UNcontactable for MONTHS. Rachel being with Brody wasn't cheating and YET RIB still only allowed for her and Brody to have shared a brief KISS.

Finn wasn't dating Rachel when he had sex with Santana. And it was reiterated multiple times that Finchel hadn't been together when it happened, so WASN'T cheating (even if he should have been honest with Rachel about not being a virgin.)

Kurt wasn't cheating with Chandler. The 'flirty' texts were clearly JOKES and he shared them with Sam, both of them laughing over them.

Then there's Kurt in I Do, where RIB also made sure that Kurt was clear of being guilty of cheating. Kurt's "sort of dating someone in NY" but the implication is that there's no exclusivity. It's casual dating at most, thus NOT cheating. Which is later confirmed in 4x15 when Adam both doesn't make any issue of it even though he's being direct and upfront with Kurt about his feelings and concerns AND that it's in that scene where TAKING the step to becoming more serious occurs.

However, with BLAINE, RIB go full-out to have Blaine cheat in the WORST possible way, one they've protected Rachel, Finn, and KURT from doing (almost making a concerted effort to avoid going 'there' with them.)

There's all this "Everyone cheats on Glee" from Blaine-pologists however, NOT everyone cheats (Kurt and Artie haven't) and almost ALL the cheating has been kissing/making out with someone else, NOT SEX WITH THEM.

RIB took that extra betraying step with Blaine that they avoid with most everyone else, AND that has meant done, dead, over for the few couples where the cheating was sexual (Fuinn, Bartie).

Then to compound upon the offense, they have Blaine BLAME Kurt for it, after setting it up with the implication Blaine did it willfully and after a very SHORT amount of time apart and a FEW calls unanswered, AND even in the sequence that shows the lead up Blaine is explicitly shown calling Kurt AT WORK (at the beginning of 'Barely Breathing' Blaine is shown looking at his phone with "Kurt's Work" on the screen as the number he's calling and not getting through is what triggers his cheatin'-ass-blangst. And not only that, but that he's doing it to PUNISH Kurt (both the timing and the smirk at 'poking' Eli and getting the "What's up sexy?") Douche!

(There's also the deeper implication that Eli ISN'T purely a 'random' since he's Blaine's Facebook FRIEND (so they've been in contact before) AND that Blaine probably has hung out with Eli, in person, before too, since Eli asks "You want to come over?" right after the "What's up, Sexy?"

Basically, Sebastian all over again!

Then to top off the mountain of douchiness, RIB have Blaine mope and whine about the break-up without any effort towards FIXING what caused it or working towards earning Kurt's trust, ('buying' it, yet, but NOT earning it.) Or at the very least, working on dealing with his shit, growing the hell up, or trying to better himself. Not right after or the MONTHS that follow.

Instead he's crushing on/'in love with' Sam for months, sings Sam a love song that he covers it being for Sam by lying that it's for KURT, because that's who everyone expects it to be for since Blaine's 'so in love with Kurt'. Doesn't mention Kurt really at all. The last time being Kurt as Sam!crush-cover. And then the week before deciding he wants to ask Kurt to marry him, flirting with some random guy in Sue's class.

This veered way off, but the point is Blaine's behavior this season (and every actually) has been persistent, consistent, and pervasive. Too much to be mere coincidence or RIB not realizing what they're making Blaine look like or Klaine.

That, coupled with getting ADAM soooooooooooooooo right, a real healthy, mature, and good for Kurt relationship and in a way Klaine NEVER was, and in so little screentime, seems to indicate RIB fully mean to negatively do what they're doing with Klaine/Blaine.

And maybe Kurt's near silence in the break-up storyline is another part of deconstructing Klaine because it's so apparent that Kurt's pov isn't being as valued, much like it isn't being valued BY BLAINE ("Don't minimize this, ..... Kurt!") The break-up has been in weight of focus ALL about BLAINE, much like the relationship was.

And even with all that focus, Blaine isn't any more sympathetic, quite the opposite. We're shown how entitled, spoiled, selfish, and fickle he is. Although we also see how the things he COULDN'T do for Kurt, he does for his crush-Sam and his groupie-Tina.

tl;dr: I think RIB are deliberately setting Blaine and K(B)lainers up for a HUGE let-down/comeuppance and this 'proposal' idea of Blaine's is the tipping point. Maybe even killing Klaine dead (but likely in a way that's obvious to everyone except K(B)lainers and keeps K(B)lainers 'hoping' all through the Summer even while they're raging (lbr, it doesn't take much for them to be raging or squeeing. Like 'one less Blaine solo' vs hula-hoops.))

SippyCupofLuv
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/27/2013, 4:58 am

Great post but it still makes no sense to me why they're doing all these things to show the audience that Blaine is a spoiled brat who flirts with everything that walks on two legs and at the same time they are trying to convince us that he is a hero who saves the Glee club every other week, who helps his friends and now he is even trying to help Sue get her job back.

What is their goal? They are making Blaine one of the most hated characters but they keep pushing him front and center almost in every episode. Why?

I won't be surprised if there's a shocking plot twist to excuse his behavior like Blaine having an evil twin brother (not very realistic I know but this is Glee and nothing can surprise me anymore) or maybe he has a Multiple Personality Disorder. One of his identities is in love with Kurt and wants to marry him, the second one has a crush on Sam and thinks he is superhero named Nightbird and the third one is a slutty douche who likes to sleep around.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/27/2013, 5:19 am

I unfortunately believe that the writers are writing Blaine this way without thinking it makes him look unlikeable and absolutely withouth any continuity.. I know it is weird but it seems to me that way. It also seems to me the writers write their own episodes as individiual separeted episodes and they don't discuss together where they would like to see someone's storylines go in the future etc, it looks like they don't even watch each others episodes and then we get this mess. The characteristic one of the writers put in some character for his episode just isn't connected to episodes of the other writers. They all have their own weird ideas for their episodes and does not care it doesn't fit together. It's like we are watching every week part of fanfiction of different authors (or the same author but different fics). They use the same characters but very differently.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 4/27/2013, 5:35 am

I've wondered about the theory that writers are not really working "together" either. It is especially visible on Blaine...which must make Darrens work hard when you think about it, if HE thinks about it. There has been more inconsistancies in characters this season than ever before, for almost all of them.

It is really sad that mediocre writers get these opportunities when really good writers and show creators don't get a chance because they don't have previous work history with the studios. It is like they have a competition between who has the most outrageous, people attention grabbing episode in the season instead of communicating with the canon and season lasting arc.

They are good at giving hints though so that fan fiction writers can write pretty much what ever they want and it can be justified with the canon.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/27/2013, 5:38 am

I like how happy Kurt looks with Mercedes and Mike. I'll wait for the episode to air until I realize he only exists for a prop. RIB are really desperate to set up those kids Razz

I agree about Klaine maybe getting set up for the final break. However I don't agree that they purposely write Blaine in a bad light. He is supposed to be the hero. The only reason we haven't seen Kurt's POV is very simply that Chris would have acted the hell out of those scenes and fans would have started to dislike Blaine/Klaine.

Coming back to the discussion above, Blaine is represented by a straight actor and therefore a safer choice. I just hope FOX and RIB realize the damage by dismissing Kurt/Chris and linking him to Kurt. If they would care about the character as they once did, they would never allow him to transform back into a submissive punchingbag. Nowadays... I also believe RIB are oblivious enough to think Kurt fans will be happy to see he him more featured again just by linking him with Blaine. I sometimes wonder if they have any idea about Kurts fandom or the GA at all, as they only seem to cater to shippers.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/27/2013, 5:41 am

valkeakuulas wrote:I've wondered about the theory that writers are not really working "together" either. It is especially visible on Blaine...which must make Darrens work hard when you think about it, if HE thinks about it. There has been more inconsistancies in characters this season than ever before, for almost all of them.

It is really sad that mediocre writers get these opportunities when really good writers and show creators don't get a chance because they don't have previous work history with the studios. It is like they have a competition between who has the most outrageous, people attention grabbing episode in the season instead of communicating with the canon and season lasting arc.

They are good at giving hints though so that fan fiction writers can write pretty much what ever they want and it can be justified with the canon.

Didn't Darren once say the writing is so good, he doesn't have to add his own layers? That is showing.

I firmly believe the great and popular actors are those who just created their own personality. All of big Kurt moments were inspired by Chris himself. Rachel, Santana, and this season Kitty get recognition (even if you don't really like them) because they are consistent. Chort and Darren however are great examples of only reading the script and just rely on their fanbase.

Agreed about the writers not working together. Hence it is a big mess.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/27/2013, 5:55 am

Lottie2303 wrote:I like how happy Kurt looks with Mercedes and Mike. I'll wait for the episode to air until I realize he only exists for a prop. RIB are really desperate to set up those kids Razz

I agree about Klaine maybe getting set up for the final break. However I don't agree that they purposely write Blaine in a bad light. He is supposed to be the hero. The only reason we haven't seen Kurt's POV is very simply that Chris would have acted the hell out of those scenes and fans would have started to dislike Blaine/Klaine.

Coming back to the discussion above, Blaine is represented by a straight actor and therefore a safer choice. I just hope FOX and RIB realize the damage by dismissing Kurt/Chris and linking him to Kurt. If they would care about the character as they once did, they would never allow him to transform back into a submissive punchingbag. Nowadays... I also believe RIB are oblivious enough to think Kurt fans will be happy to see he him more featured again just by linking him with Blaine. I sometimes wonder if they have any idea about Kurts fandom or the GA at all, as they only seem to cater to shippers.

They are not even catering to shippers anymore unless it's the Jarley shippers. They seem to be the only couple whose fans van be really happy. They gave Klainers CWM and the make out/sex in 4x14 but other than that they totally ruined their ship. If RIB was really catering them Blaine would have never cheated at least not by actually having sex with Eli, he would have never developed a crush on Sam or sang "Against All Odds" to him.
Ryan Murphy just likes screwing up with everyone's heads. Kursies, Klainers, Finchel or Brittana shippers should never expect anything good from him. I won't be surprised if he decides to kill a few characters by the end of the serious just for the drama and shock effect.
In his previous high school show "Popular" he gave one of his main characters leukemia. The guy is happy when the fans suffer.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/27/2013, 6:18 am

And no one cares about Jarley!!! ptdr

Kill of the Newbies and even some originals. I'd probably celebrate. It is a good indicator how bad Glee actually is that I was hoping 'Shooting Star' could be used to get rid of character... dryy

But are right. He only wants to shock. Another reason I actually expect a non-reunion. The next two episodes will be all CWM again, with high expectations and a different end then expected.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  SippyCupofLuv 4/27/2013, 6:24 am

sheny wrote:Great post but it still makes no sense to me why they're doing all these things to show the audience that Blaine is a spoiled brat who flirts with everything that walks on two legs and at the same time they are trying to convince us that he is a hero who saves the Glee club every other week, who helps his friends and now he is even trying to help Sue get her job back.

What is their goal? They are making Blaine one of the most hated characters but they keep pushing him front and center almost in every episode. Why?

I won't be surprised if there's a shocking plot twist to excuse his behavior like Blaine having an evil twin brother (not very realistic I know but this is Glee and nothing can surprise me anymore) or maybe he has a Multiple Personality Disorder. One of his identities is in love with Kurt and wants to marry him, the second one has a crush on Sam and thinks he is superhero named Nightbird and the third one is a slutty douche who likes to sleep around.

For several possible reasons.

One thing I think we often forget is Glee started as a satire/parody/dark-comedy about high school. While I think it has lost some of its way since S1/S2 in that regard, there are still those original elements firmly in place.

It's most prevalent in how RIB use 'unreliable narration' to contradict what they're telling vs what they're SHOWING.

Also, look at Will. He too is 'declared' a "Hero" and "The Best teacher eva!", yet we're shown how actually AWFUL he is at this job repeatedly and with much explicit shade thrown. Sue used to be one of the biggest sources of calling attention to how shitty Will is as a teacher, and sometimes as a person.

Hell, Will was introduced with this contradiction of 'tell' vs 'show' when TWICE, in S1x01 and S1x02 he is oblivious to Kurt being bullied and about to be thrown into a dumpster, and then Will walks away, ignoring it. Yet, we're told, including by Will, how much he "cares about these kids" that "feel invisible". RIGHT AFTER he treated Kurt like he and his abuse were INVISIBLE. (Hence Kurt's "Mr Cellophane" for his glee audition.)

And then there's Will setting-up and blackmailing Finn into joining glee... with a poster (that they zoom into focus) that says "Priority #1: Help the kids" on the wall next to him.

With Blaine, the shade is often a little more subtle, especially with Santana no longer around him. But Sue has also acted in the role as well, like in Feud, calling Blaine out for his "lack of commitment". Even more shaded by his quitting Cheerios only a DAY after joining, perhaps mirroring the only 2 WEEKS of Kurt being in NY before Blaine cheated. And there's also Blaine deciding to return to Dalton and betraying his commitment to ND. Or Blaine upset at losing the bet with Burt and saying "Couldn't you hold out 10 more seconds?!"

Then there's the biggest Blaine-shader, BLAINE. He blangsts over hair-gel and superficial things, acting like it's comparable to Kurt's bullying or even the Holocaust! Or whining about Kurt's "cheating" by texting Chandler all the while he's been doing the same with Sebastian (more so because Sebastian is NOT "family friendly".)

Or singing "Hopelessly Devoted" in the very next episode after he's revealed cheating on Kurt with some guy on Facebook, who he willfully and premeditatedly had sex with because Kurt wouldn't answer his call while Kurt was at work.

'Everyone' may seem to worship Blaine and 'say' he's a "hero", but not only is it constantly undermined by the rest of the narrative, explicitly and implicitly, it's ridiculous. Absurd. Like Will as "The Best teacher!" is absurd.

Maybe we're not meant to HATE them (although I do wonder), but certainly to roll our eyes at the ridiculousness.

I have a few other theories too, which have to do with meta-shade of how Kurt/Chris has been treated in the media/fandom vs Blaine/Darren (like Kurt's Finn-crush ("Creepy, predatory, etc..") vs Blaine's Sam-crush "Cute, 'Poor Blaine!', 'Let Sam be bi/gay!', etc... ) But it would get really long and I'm still working out the details.

Last edited by SippyCupofLuv on 4/27/2013, 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total

SippyCupofLuv
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/27/2013, 6:35 am

It doesn't change the fact however that Blaine gets a lot of screentime, worship and for the normal viewer he can do no wrong according to the show. It also doesn't change the fact that Kurt gets criminally underused and his POV gets entirely dismissed. So it is satire, still doesn't give me all the great Kurt scenes back I've been robbed off as we weren't allowed to see his pain. I like your theory as it would mean eventually there would be an epic downfall, but I believe RIB don't think that far ahead.

In Glee I feel like they always try to push me in one direction but I run to the opposite end because I discover the real interesting storylines lay over there.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  SippyCupofLuv 4/27/2013, 7:07 am

Lottie2303 wrote:It doesn't change the fact however that Blaine gets a lot of screentime, worship and for the normal viewer he can do no wrong according to the show. It also doesn't change the fact that Kurt gets criminally underused and his POV gets entirely dismissed. So it is satire, still doesn't give me all the great Kurt scenes back I've been robbed off as we weren't allowed to see his pain. I like your theory as it would mean eventually there would be an epic downfall, but I believe RIB don't think that far ahead.

In Glee I feel like they always try to push me in one direction but I run to the opposite end because I discover the real interesting storylines lay over there.

True. But that's where I think conflicting agendas come into play. They want to play to what appears to be a huge fanbase (but isn't quite as big as K(B)lainers present or think themselves to be... and is dwindling every day/week). Chasing the 'Teenage Dream' type iTunes sales.

I've long suspected that Fox was more behind pushing Darren/Blaine because they saw the $$$ with TD and The Warblers. It's just taking them this long to realize they were suckered.

It would also explain the almost passive/aggressive writing of Blaine (and McKinley).

Ryan is arrogant enough to think he can waste a season of 'his' show to show Fox, fans, the media, etc.. who's 'Boss', set them in their 'place', without it damaging his status. K(B)lainers seem to be on his shit-list, despite the apparent pandering (since so far he's completely trolled them.) And that Ryan thinks he has ALL the time in the world to shift focus back to the show's actual talents later, when he's done fucking with K(B)lainers and everyone else.

So while the Blaine/Darren focus could Ryan having a creepy obsession, that the focus includes a consistent undermining and negative-Blaine 'characterization', across the writers, I suspect more that Blaine's supposed to be awful.

If one's starting point for Blaine's characterization is what we see his end-point as, a selfish, fickle, attention-whoring, entitled douche-clown, then he is actually one of the most consistent characters on the show (almost). The mistake seems to be in thinking he's supposed to be good, "in love with Kurt", and everything the "Blaine is a cuppycake"!K(B)lainers believe.

It sucks! And hopefully Fox is reining Ryan in for S5-6 from his self-indulgence. But I just can't see how Blaine as douchebag ISN'T intentional, especially when they go out of their way for it. (The break-up could have still happened but without Blaine having SEX with someone else and still lasted the whole season. But RIB at every turn take the more douchey option for Blaine when a sympathetic one could have been taken.)

SippyCupofLuv
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next