Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11

+30
Vir Cotto
CloveGlee
BigDestiny
SippyCupofLuv
Delight
Buenos
MissSoniaPP
sahhar
valkeakuulas
glimmerle
arina
Sani
Lottie2303
tanita_mors
brisallie
opals
M&M
Ireth
ColferInspired
bayth
fantastica
MoviesAreLife
sheny
ColferGirl
Divalicious
ChrisColferFan1
coxfire
Ranwing
Glorfindel
Jellyrolls
34 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11 - Page 36 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11

Post  sheny 4/5/2013, 2:19 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11 - Page 36 Tumblr_mkrgxftGW21r4ezfzo1_1280Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11 - Page 36 Tumblr_mkrnsdVF5O1qe476yo1_500Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11 - Page 36 Tumblr_mkrnsdVF5O1qe476yo2_1280

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11 - Page 36 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11

Post  arina 4/5/2013, 3:21 am

It's a morning here and reading Kurt is going to sing You Are The Sunshin of my Life nearly caused me a heartattack. It's sure thing he is singing it to Burt?

And is Blaine really singing a duet with Mercedes? If so that makes me soooo angry, so he's sang with all the people (it was not hard) Kurt has sang duet since the beginning of the show + of course with Finn and Sam and Artie and Sue and Britanny and I don't know who else.... Why cannot Kurt sing with someone else than him for a change? Duet with Mercedes after three years would be more than welcomed. Mercedes was always primarily Kurt's friend!
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 4/5/2013, 3:56 am

There are so much good and so much bad to take from these spoilers, it's a mess.

What is lovely for me is that my head canon might be verifyed: Kurt and Rachel have known each other since way back which would make sense in a small town like Lima and their joint interests. I can imagine little Kurt wanting that tutu the same way he wanted those sensible heels.

What is sad about these spoilers might also either be that Kurt is been given to Blaine as a trophy for his excruciating, loveless wait (you guys get what I mean) or that Kurt is "stuck" at Lima because Burt't cancer takes a a turn for the worse, since everything must be sacrificed at the Klaine altar but also Kurt is the kind of personthat would take a break from school to support his dad dispite Carol being there. I know Ryan has said Burt will not die but I don't know now that they now have to quickly crate another cliffhanger instead of Finchel.

As the level of the writers imagination has always been poor, assassinating Burt might not be that far from their minds.And what is more sickening in that line of thought is that I'm sure some Klainers will see Burt's faith an ample opportunity to throw Kurt into Blaine's arms. I however would not see how losing a parent would do anything to enhance a persons trust to other people, especially to people who have not stood up for you before.

Still no confirmation about the terms of renewal...funny that. I truly hope that the bosses are just waiting to see the ratings from 18 to finally make their demands. Ryan has lots of other shows on the pipeline so I'm little bit worried it doesn't matter to him if the show gets cancelled or not but what about Ian and Brad? Do they have something else going?
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 4/5/2013, 4:18 am

Knowing those writers, Burt's cancer is just a plot device to remind Kurt that life is too short to "stay mad at the ones you love" and BAM cue to Kurt forgiving Mr Perfect Blaine and getting back to him. Blergh. And once more Blaine will get what he wants without sweating for it. Him singing with Mercedes and worming his way between Kurt and his Dad sickens me. I was alteady pissed that Burt told him about the cancer before Kurt, but having his face shoven down my throat during Kurt's family time is too much to take. Let him have his bloody Bro-time with Sam and keep him out of Kurt's storyline, thank you very much.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/5/2013, 6:35 am

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/5/2013, 7:57 am

Jellyrolls wrote:

I hope these means Artie is finally getting a storyline. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11 - Page 36 4247136565
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/5/2013, 8:01 am

ColferInspired wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:

I hope these means Artie is finally getting a storyline. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11 - Page 36 4247136565
I truly hopes so, Artie was incredibly underused the whole season. Although with famous guest stars it's often rather about showing off those guest stars rather than about them supporting the main characters. I truly hope Artie is the one the storyline is primarily about, not his mother.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/5/2013, 8:48 am

arina wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:

I truly hopes so, Artie was incredibly underused the whole season. Although with famous guest stars it's often rather about showing off those guest stars rather than about them supporting the main characters. I truly hope Artie is the one the storyline is primarily about, not his mother.

I hope so too.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/5/2013, 8:54 am

arina wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:

With the exception of Blaine, Sam, Brittany, and Tina, all of the original cast member were incredibly underused (and I am including Rachel, Finn, and Santana in this simply by the fact that they were left out of so many episodes this season). And even though Tina wound up with more screen time than usual, here screen time was so offensive that it ruined her character. She probably would have been better off to be an underused character.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/5/2013, 9:03 am

It seems they are getting back to the strengths and former successes of the show. You know something is changing when they are giving an original character a family member. I look forward to the Artie storyline.

This season resembles one of those cheap cd collector's albums of artists you can buy in the supermarket: it's full of songs so it looks promising, and the first 3-5 songs are some of their biggest hits, and so are the last 3-5 songs on the album. But the rest of the 20+ songs inbetween are obscure unknown or bad quality live songs noone really wants to have.
Marketing people know that customers always look at the titles of the first couple of songs on the play-list when they skim over an album in a supermarket, than skip till the end of the list to look if the quality of the rest of the songs is indeed as good as the beginning they just checked promised, and then buy the cd without looking at the songs in the middle.
With Glee this season it's the same: the first episodes had the old cast to get the viewers attached, then there was this big black hole of newbies and Blam, and now in the last episodes of the season they resort to the strengths and familiar/popular features of their product again, so people might get tempted to think the show is getting better again and along with the cliffhangers the show might be worth watching season 5 after all.

Ranwing wrote:Wow... RM is really pushing the Ballet performance like... well, like the survival of his show depends on it. suspectt

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11 - Page 36 BHC-4O-CUAAnhip

Yes, baby Santana, Rachel and Kurt are adorable and it's nice to get confirmation that Kurt does have some early dance training (keeping in with my head cannon that his classes likely ended when his mother died), but why is he in a pink tutu? Do we really need to hammer home the point again that Kurt is capital G Gay? vexe
I'm glad there is now canon confirmation that Kurt wanted to perform all his life and took lessons as a child. That will shut up some people. hapitgh

The pink tutu makes no sense. If little Kurt had ballet lessons with girls (which is quite common), as a boy he would never been required to wear a tutu, and most ballet teachers would never indulge a boy even if he wanted to wear a tutu. This is typical Glee and their effemiphobia issues.
Another telltale sign: little Kurt is smaller than little Santana and little Rachel. I think they did this also to emphasize his effeminacy, because in canon Kurt is older than both of them, and was always taller than them, even in season 1.

ColferInspired wrote:I bet this is them getting so desperate they are doing another Grilled Cheesus type storyline. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11 - Page 36 357632081
Of course they have to use their Golden Globe winning actor. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11 - Page 36 4247136565
I wonder if this is Fox getting desperate or RIB. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11 - Page 36 1238107359
Having Darren in the mix will just cheapen any scenes, so I think he should not be a part of any of those scenes.
banzai Yes, a big yes to all of this.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/5/2013, 9:05 am

'You Are The Sunshine Of My Life' will be interesting, because Chris' voice is so different from Stevie Wonder's. I think the best for him would be to not try to imitate Stevie but create his own version/sound. As we've all heard him do that before with other songs, and I think it's one of his biggest strengths and appeals in his singing, I don't think that's a problem. fanny2
I'm quite curious actually: I can't really imagine Chris singing YATSOML (and I usually can with an announced Kurt song), so this will be a surprise for me too. wub

There's not much melody in the song, but there are some lovely runs to high notes and some low notes, so Chris can show his impressive range.
I wonder what they will do with the key? Stevie's voice is high enough for Chris to sing in the original key, but they might put it a little bit higher to give the song a more 'vulnerable'/loving Kurt to Burt feeling, like 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand'. A lot will depend on the arrangement, but this season (and the last part of season 3) they are doing it right with arranging Kurt songs, so I'm not worried. hapitgh

This is not my favorite Stevie Wonder song, as it is quite repetitive, but it's a nice song with a catchy chorus that gets stuck in your head. Big plusses: it's a male song and a golden oldie pop song from a very good artist, not another Broadway song. It's not a slow ballad either, as it has an up tempo beat.

I love the lyrics, and I think they fit quite nicely for Burt and Kurt's situation. Maybe Kurt just wants to cheer Burt up with a happy song while showing to him how much he loves him. I think then the words fit very well. neutre

-ETA-
And of course we'll get a Blainecedes duet to prop Blaine up some more. It's not like we've ever expressed wanting another Kurtcedes duet again. dryy They finally have Kurt in the vicinity of other characters besides Rachel and Blaine and they pair Mercedes up with Blaine. :angry:
If it's 'Ebony and Ivory' I'm gonna cut a bitch. antifana
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/5/2013, 10:01 am

Glorfindel wrote:The pink tutu makes no sense. If little Kurt had ballet lessons with girls (which is quite common), as a boy he would never been required to wear a tutu, and most ballet teachers would never indulge a boy even if he wanted to wear a tutu. This is typical Glee and their effemiphobia issues.
Another telltale sign: little Kurt is smaller than little Santana and little Rachel. I think they did this also to emphasize his effeminacy, because in canon Kurt is older than both of them, and was always taller than them, even in season 1.

Little Kurt in the tutu doesn't bother me at all. To me, that's just Kurt. As others have pointed out, we're talking about a kid who wanted sensible heels at 3, and a Maria bonnet. Him wanting to wear a tutu at age five or six (or whatever age he was in this), it wouldn't surprise. I like that they show him like this--showing that he was comfortable dressing how and wanted to dress, and being who he wanted to be. And it's nice that in canon, Burt and Kurt's mom would let their boy express his individuality thought his clothing and interests.

Oddly enough, I have a four year old little cousin who loves to dance, and loves watching dancing with his mom. He loves to wear a pink tutu when he is dancing around the house.

As for Kurt being smaller than, Rachel and Santana, this could be because they may not have had plans for Kurt to be in this part of the scene originally. The original casting notices called for Kurt (3 or 4) to be younger than Rachel and Santana (6 or 7). So, they may have cast the little boy with the intention of having him just dance around the house or something, realized that it made more sense to have him with the girls, and just used the same little boy rather than try to recast the little boy when everyone else was ready to shoot the scene. Also as a side note, girls in grammar school often grow faster than boys, so I don't find it completely surprising to see Kurt be smaller than the girls, and then have a growth spurt when he was in middle school.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/5/2013, 10:21 am

Glorfindel wrote:I'm glad there is now canon confirmation that Kurt wanted to perform all his life and took lessons as a child. That will shut up some people. hapitgh

The pink tutu makes no sense. If little Kurt had ballet lessons with girls (which is quite common), as a boy he would never been required to wear a tutu, and most ballet teachers would never indulge a boy even if he wanted to wear a tutu. This is typical Glee and their effemiphobia issues.

My ballet days are many years behind me, but when I was a kid, there were only two boys in my early classes and having classes that are mostly if not exclusively girls is not uncommon. I can easily see Kurt being the only boy in a class full of girls. A very sympathetic teacher might not make a fuss over the only boy in the class wanting to wear a tutu so he was like all the others, but he's otherwise dressed in normal boy's ballet gear. Him being smaller than Santana and Rachel also doesn't bother me - we know that Kurt was a late bloomer and it's not unusual for boys to be smaller (sometimes much smaller) than girls of similar age until they hit their big adolescent growth spurt. My brother was much shorter than I was until he hit his late teens and then shot up.

Yeah, the effemiphobia is grating and not likely to ever go away. RM is such a hypocrite about that because he’s hardly a paragon of masculinity and seems to be using Blaine to act out his teenage fantasies of the “perfect” boyfriend. Though it says something about RM if his ideal man is a clingy, emotionally needy mess that’s incapable of fidelity.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/5/2013, 10:26 am

Both Amber and Darren have said in the past that they would love to sing a duet together on the the show so Ryan is just giving the actors what they want. I'm just happy for Kurt's solo and don't care who sings what or whit whom.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/5/2013, 11:14 am

Ranwing wrote:My ballet days are many years behind me, but when I was a kid, there were only two boys in my early classes and having classes that are mostly if not exclusively girls is not uncommon. I can easily see Kurt being the only boy in a class full of girls. A very sympathetic teacher might not make a fuss over the only boy in the class wanting to wear a tutu so he was like all the others, but he's otherwise dressed in normal boy's ballet gear. Him being smaller than Santana and Rachel also doesn't bother me - we know that Kurt was a late bloomer and it's not unusual for boys to be smaller (sometimes much smaller) than girls of similar age until they hit their big adolescent growth spurt. My brother was much shorter than I was until he hit his late teens and then shot up.

Yeah, the effemiphobia is grating and not likely to ever go away. RM is such a hypocrite about that because he’s hardly a paragon of masculinity and seems to be using Blaine to act out his teenage fantasies of the “perfect” boyfriend. Though it says something about RM if his ideal man is a clingy, emotionally needy mess that’s incapable of fidelity.
I can understand the height difference at that age, but that would mean that Glee actively thought about that and integrated it, and I just don't think they would be so smart. If they thought of this at all they would not have actively sought for a 3 year old opposite 7 year olds for Santana and Rachel, as 7 year old boys could have been smaller as well, just with more muscle and proportion than this little kid.
I still think it's done to not show a sturdy, 'normal' 7 year-old Kurt, but a more petite 'prissy' one (pardon the language). Kurt was still a bit puffy with babyfat when he was a sophomore, so he was not a delicate child at age 7, but that's what they are trying to show us here.
I'm not willing to give them anymore benefits of the doubt, I guess.

As for the tutu: most ballet teachers are very stern and as far as I have noticed (and I've been to many ballet classes in my study and with my daughters when they were younger) they all have strict dress codes. The chance of Kurt getting a ballet teacher who would allow a boy to wear a pink(!) tutu are about 1:10. And let's not forget that this ballet lesson took place in conservative Lima, Ohio.
Anyway: RIB deliberately put Kurt in a pink tutu, and with their track record, the odds are very likely they did that on purpose to show his effeminacy (and the deeply rooted prejudice that ballet is for sissy gay boys only and not a 'real' man's sport).

(JFYI: My son also had a period when he wanted to wear a skirt and jewelry, and I indulged him till his interests shifted to something else. I personally don't mind bending or crossing the gender rules. But in this context I do mind, because we all know that if this had been Blaine or Jesse the little kid would not have worn a tutu.)

sheny wrote:Both Amber and Darren have said in the past that they would love to sing a duet together on the the show so Ryan is just giving the actors what they want. I'm just happy for Kurt's solo and don't care who sings what or whit whom.
Yes, and Chris repeatedly said he and Amber should do 'Ebony and Ivory' together, so it's still blatantly favoring and pandering to only one character/actor.

TBH: I think they are not doing it because Darren and Amber wanted it so much, but only to pair up Blaine once again to someone who is popular and stronger as either an actor, singer or dancer, to make him look good for being allowed to play with the big guns. It only usually backfires because it lays his shortcomings (no pun intended) and lower level of talent in comparison painfully bare each time.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/5/2013, 12:56 pm

Little Kurt in a pink tutu is so cute! It seems very...him, you know what I mean? And I get that he was smaller, as he's a very late bloomer in canon, not having a real growth spurt until 17 years old. But it's a good point that if the little gay boy was Jesse or Blaine taking ballet lessons, he wouldn't be dressed like one of the girls. But that to me it just Kurt being Kurt. *shrugs*

Excited for Artie's storyline! :D

Thank GOD Kurt is singing his song to Burt! I'm scared for Burt now, but I'm so relieved that this isn't a Klaine moment. Grilled Cheesus 2.0. Get your hankies ready, ladies! Chris will rock the hell out of this! The only Stevie Wonder song I really like is "Superstition"...upbeat, with a funky beat. But Kurt hardly ever gets upbeat, fun songs to sing...which sucks, because he can do the funner, more pop (or rock) sound just as well as he can do the more emotional ballads.

The only thing I'm worried about now is them causing Kurt to be stuck in Lima because Burt's health took a turn for the worst. I will be so pissed off if they force Chris to hold up the McKinley side of the show via this trap of a storyline, but they might just go there to ensure that S5 lives. Forget school, forget your job, forget your new home and dreams, forget your wonderful new boyfriend. Kurt needs to stay with his "true love" (the immature, cheating whiner and brat) in Lima until he has graduated from HS, and then they can ride off into the sunset (to NYC) together. Kurt should not have to drop his whole life for Blaine. I pray this storyline doesn't go down this route. But you know Glee and their love of cliffhangers....

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/5/2013, 1:09 pm

If Kurt is going back to Lima because of Burt, it would give a very plausable explaination why he's not auditioning for Funny Girl. He wouldn't commit to doing a show (on the remote chance that he was cast) with his father not well and the possibility that he would have to return to Lima on a regular basis.

And crazy thought... in the press release for ep 19, the tagline was that you're never too old to chase your dreams. Now we know that Shelby is going to be coaching Rachel for her audition, but that doesn't explain why Shelby is in NY in the first place. I'm starting to think that Shelby is there to give her own career another shot and is going to be auditioning for the role of Fanny Brice herself. And may very well beat Rachel out for the part.

Yes... sheer speculation, I know. But I admit that I will laugh my ass off if that's how things pan out. moque
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/5/2013, 1:14 pm

still the only reason to watch next week

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11 - Page 36 00938610
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/5/2013, 1:15 pm

Ranwing wrote:If Kurt is going back to Lima because of Burt, it would give a very plausable explaination why he's not auditioning for Funny Girl. He wouldn't commit to doing a show (on the remote chance that he was cast) with his father not well and the possibility that he would have to return to Lima on a regular basis.

And crazy thought... in the press release for ep 19, the tagline was that you're never too old to chase your dreams. Now we know that Shelby is going to be coaching Rachel for her audition, but that doesn't explain why Shelby is in NY in the first place. I'm starting to think that Shelby is there to give her own career another shot and is going to be auditioning for the role of Fanny Brice herself. And may very well beat Rachel out for the part.

Yes... sheer speculation, I know. But I admit that I will laugh my ass off if that's how things pan out. moque

Actually, that makes sense as to why Kurt would not be auditioning for Funny Girl. I just hope he's in the clear when a better show comes up to audition for.

I think Cassie will be the one to audition for Funny Girl, or do something to screw up Rachel's audition. We know she returns as well, and it's been stated that she does something unexpected in the audition episode. And we all know how she's obsessed with Rachel (that woman needs serious mental help for her issues).

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/5/2013, 1:16 pm

I love cats, but not even Lord Tubbington can get me to tune in next Thursday. vexe
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/5/2013, 1:18 pm

Ranwing wrote:I love cats, but not even Lord Tubbington can get me to tune in next Thursday. vexe

Me either. No Kurt, no watching for me. Although I'd probably still vote the episode as "Bad" even without watching it, which does seem unfair. Oh well. tonguue

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/5/2013, 1:36 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
Ranwing wrote:I love cats, but not even Lord Tubbington can get me to tune in next Thursday. vexe

Me either. No Kurt, no watching for me. Although I'd probably still vote the episode as "Bad" even without watching it, which does seem unfair. Oh well. tonguue

Agree 100% I won't be watching at all next Thursday.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 4/5/2013, 2:01 pm

[quote="Glorfindel"]
Ranwing wrote:. But in this context I do mind, because we all know that if this had been Blaine or Jesse the little kid would not have worn a tutu.)

Blaine would have worn a big pink bowtie with it,
oh and a golden balletsuit with glitters, so the people would notice him faster.

sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/5/2013, 2:07 pm

sjonnepon wrote:Blaine would have worn a big pink bowtie with it,
oh and a golden balletsuit with glitters, so the people would notice him faster.

And he would have been tap dancing. Just so he would stand out. moque
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/5/2013, 2:30 pm

Someone posted this on p_f.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11 - Page 36 Tumblr_mksd49NeEJ1ql1znmo1_400

They are all cute, but look at little Kurt! Adorable!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next