Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10

+31
BlueJazz
azure
sjonnepon
msjoanlucette
ecka
coxfire
Ireth
Adamina
opals
Piciollina
ladydianab
sahhar
MissSoniaPP
M&M
Divalicious
brisallie
tanita_mors
glimmerle
arina
Delight
Glorfindel
Ranwing
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
MoviesAreLife
bayth
ChrisColferFan1
fantastica
ColferGirl
valkeakuulas
sheny
35 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10 - Page 19 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10

Post  Ireth 2/22/2013, 12:54 am

Since this is Kurt's fantasy, I'm actually glad about the context of the NY roommates watching Moulin Rouge and Santana mentioning that CWM was supposed to be Kurt and Blaine's wedding song, because then it's only natural that watching it would make Kurt think about Blaine. We'll have to wait to see what he decides in the episode itself. I think it's much better than Kurt conjuring up fantasy sequences with Blaine out of the blue, which shows there are some very strong feelings for Blaine remaining.

I just hope that Adam will be back after 4.15.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10 - Page 19 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10

Post  ColferGirl 2/22/2013, 1:45 am

Ranwing wrote:I'm not at all worried about that spoiler. When Kurt and Blaine came up with that, they had a good relationship and this was before the cheating that shattered not only Kurt's trust in Blaine, but the image Kurt had always had of both Blaine and his relationship with Blaine. Trust might be regained, but that image is changed forever.

This could be Kurt playing out the fantasy he'd held onto of a future with Blaine and that perfect romantic moment with him before saying goodbye to it. One day he may decide that he does want to be with Blaine, but it will be the rational decision of a man who had experienced life and not a that of a boy caught up in the fantasy of a first love.

I agree 100% with all of this. Also, I'm so happy about this being Kurt's dream sequence, because it gives me hope that we will finally - FINALLY - get Kurt's POV and his feelings about everything that went down with Blaine and the cheating, and how he feels about love now - with Adam and Blaine - and what he wants to do. We've all been waiting the whole season for the writers to really show us Kurt's perspective and what's in his heart since the break up, and we may finally get it in this episode. I'm really looking forward to it. wub

Also, a cute tidbit - in the small moment we can see of Come What May in the promo, Blaine is wearing a black bowtie, and Kurt is wearing a white bowtie. I guess to reflect the "their wedding song" aspect of the dream. neutre

And Dean Geyer tweeted today that he was recording another song, this time for episode 17.....which suggests a Rachel storyline. Still hoping we'll get a Kurt one along with hers (maybe a Kurtana storyline? that'd be great!), and not just more Brochel drama....
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 2/22/2013, 2:57 am

fantastica wrote:
I don't think there's any indication that oliver will be on the show after 15. if so that will be bad. we need news that oliver will be back on the show to know adam still matters. gosh this show is unbearable now. i doubt many kurt-only (not klaine) fans still have any appetite to watch this damn show. i certainly don't. will force myself to watch 15 because Adam but that's about it.

Should we ask Oliver on his fb page? I'm afraid he won't reply after all mess went on in his page, though... Maybe I'll just tweet RIB about it.

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/22/2013, 5:27 am

I'm not bothered by CMW being Kurt's fantasy. I actually prefer it because:

1)
It will be Kurt's POV. Finally, after a dozen of Blaine moping songs.
The only ironic and very irritating thing about that is that Blaine gets his countless POV solos, while Kurt has to share his 1 POV song with Blaine, even being the duet partner who will probably get the least of the song. But that's Klaine for ya.

2)
If Kurt starts the fantasy and therefore the song, then maybe he'll get to sing the first verse, or at least the first part of Ewan's lines. Maybe Kurt won't be restricted to the Satine parts, but they'll mix it up (and I will keep clinging onto that hope/headcanon untill proven wrong, and I probably will be, *sigh*)

3)
If it's Kurt's fantasy it means that he is in control of it, not Blaine. Of course, RIB+ will probably go the romantic ~Prince Charming route with Blaine anyway, but at least it's not creepy stalker Blaine pining over Kurt again and pretending that Kurt is in love with him as much as he's in love with Kurt.
The fantasy will be Kurt's honest feelings, and good or bad: they are Kurt's real canon feelings, and not whatever headcanon people deducted from his few lines in 'I Do'. No more smug "Kurt said no, we're just friends, but he didn't mean it" -talk from Klainers.

4) I don't see it as Kurt pining over Blaine that much, more reminiscing and thinking of what could have been, when Santana brings up that song as being Klaine's intented wedding song. It's okay for Kurt to still have (romantic) feelings for Blaine: Kurt never wanted the break-up in the first place. After the wedding shenanigans in 'I do' it's only logical that Kurt evaluates what he (still) feels about Blaine.

5)
If Klaine wanted CMW as their wedding song, but instead they are singing it now in the show (even though it's a fantasy), then that's a bad omen. In tv-terms speaking it's like a movie or series showing a scene where the bride is wearing her wedding dress before the wedding: that's usually a sign that there will be no wedding, at least not for now. Case in point: Wemma.

6)
CMW is scene 6 in the episode. There will be 3 "word-heavy" scenes with Adam in 4x15, so it seems that CMW will only be the catalyst for further scenes in the Hummelberry loft, where Adam is snowed in with Kurt.
Unless Kurt decides to call Blaine at the end of the episode to get back together again (and this sounds very non-epic to me in Glee standards) I think Kadam is on after 4x15. Also taking into account that GOBr said that 4x14 was a better episode for Klaine than 4x15.

Would I have wanted CMW to be Blaine's fantasy? Yes and no.
On the one hand yes because it would be Blaine still thinking of and pining over Kurt instead of the other way around.
On the other hand it would be his (creepy stalker Blaine) POV again, and Kurt would, once more be a helpless pawn without any agency in their relationship drama.
We'd still wouldn't know how Kurt feels, because RIB+ would be manipulating their audience again in making them feel sympathy for Blaine again (poor Blainers is still so much in luvv) while robbing Kurt of his POV again (come on Kurt: we know you still love perfect Blainey, even if you pretend you don't while living the free life in New York).

It would be the same MO this whole Klaine cheating storyline consisted of so far: instead of showing what Kurt really feels RIB would give heavy suggestions as to what Kurt is supposed to feel, or what we as viewers are supposed to think Kurt feels, in their ongoing attempt to sweep the actual cheating even further under the rug, woobify Blaine's actions, and romanticize the Klaine getting back together aspect, while in the mean time destroying Kurt as an independent character.
At least we won't get that horrible scenario, although I'm sure they'll mess it up anyway. But grateful for small favors, I guess: that's the most we can expect from Glee these days. dryy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/22/2013, 7:33 am

BlueJazz wrote:
fantastica wrote:
I don't think there's any indication that oliver will be on the show after 15. if so that will be bad. we need news that oliver will be back on the show to know adam still matters. gosh this show is unbearable now. i doubt many kurt-only (not klaine) fans still have any appetite to watch this damn show. i certainly don't. will force myself to watch 15 because Adam but that's about it.

Should we ask Oliver on his fb page? I'm afraid he won't reply after all mess went on in his page, though... Maybe I'll just tweet RIB about it.

I don't think we will be seeing Oliver replying to fans anytime soon. The blarren Stans ruined that for us because the ruin everything that is good.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 2/22/2013, 7:35 am

Glorfindel wrote:I'm not bothered by CMW being Kurt's fantasy. I actually prefer it because:

2)
If Kurt starts the fantasy and therefore the song, then maybe he'll get to sing the first verse, or at least the first part of Ewan's lines. Maybe Kurt won't be restricted to the Satine parts, but they'll mix it up (and I will keep clinging onto that hope/headcanon untill proven wrong, and I probably will be, *sigh*)
I hope for tha too but wasn't in the part of script Murphy tweeted that Blaine starts singing the song? Although I cannot remember exactly what that said.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/22/2013, 8:02 am

^Yup, I found it again: link

Ah well: another bubble burst..... crycry
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 2/22/2013, 8:05 am

Glorfindel wrote:^Yup, I found it again: link

Ah well: another bubble burst..... crycry
I hoped I was wrong. :(
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/22/2013, 10:41 am

It's funny, but I'm not actually upset that Blaine is starting off the duet, because this would be evidence that he's pursuing Kurt (rather than the other way around, which would have been infuriating to me). Blaine can sing all those professions about his undying love, and in the end, Kurt still ends up rejecting them. If this goes the way I'm expecting (and hoping) it to, Kurt will acknowledge that he does love Blaine, but he has moved on. The relationship, as it was, is over.

I keep in mind the context of the song in the film - that despite Christian's professions that he loves Satine, he loses her in the end (to death). So it's not exactly a happy song.

Marie, I agree with you that it's extremely frustrating that after multiple Blaine POV solos, the first real POV that we get from strictly Kurt's perspective has to be shared with Blaine's voice, but it kind of fits in with how I see Kurt viewing this issue. Blaine is chasing him, wanting him back (as Christian wanted Satine back after pushing her away), and while there might still be feelings of love there on Kurt's part, it makes sense for him to have the pursued figures role in the song. I'm okay with Kurt talking about how awful his life was before they met (which it was - he was in about as horrible a place mentally and emotionally that he could be), but I don't think this is going to change the outcome. Kurt will rouse himself from that fantasy and smile at Adam, glad that he's there.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 2/22/2013, 10:47 am

I always knew CWM would be a fantasy, and I knew it was a moment for the Klainers, because, just like all the Finchel scenes last season, they have to give the fans something to tide them over in the breakup. I fully expected a lot of Blaine, even though Kurt has been given so little in his point of view. Somehow I think when deciding how to break them up, they knew one would be the "heavy" and that one would require a lot of repair work, so lots of songs etc. If they were more interested in Kurt singing, I think they would have had him cheat, even though Kurt is more interested in romance than sex. But they want Blainesongs, so cheat he did, and get a lot of mileage out of it. I think the song will be fairly equal, because it is a Klaine moment, not a Kurt moment. Kurt's moments will come afterwards, with Adam.

Adam seems to be in every other episode, so I am hoping that he will be in 17, especially since there are getting a NY story. Kurt really needs to work out for himself what he really wants from Blaine. He got sex, but does he want more, does he want to return to the same relationship that failed due to long distance. I think he will find out just how Adam feels about him in this next episode, and be surprised that he has an option. I think Kurt is used to people liking him, the ones that don't slushy or bully him, but finding a man who really likes him romantically will open his eyes to his own value.

I think there will be a lot of reflection on just how immature Blaine currently is (pasta picture anyone?) and how adult Adam is, and which world does Kurt want to be in. So it isn't just choosing Adam over Blaine, it is choosing to grow up, rather than remain a kid. That will take a little heat off Kurt, in "choosing" someone who hasn't cheated on him, because he isn't just choosing Adam, he is choosing adulthood and NY. Of course, the Blainers will hate on him either way, and contemplate what kind of options they come up for Blaine, as Mr. Supersexy moves on in his life. I kind of want that, so people see just how Chris elevates the scenes he is in with Darren. I don't want to diss on Darren, but he has great chemistry with the girls, but he plays a gay boy, and needs to have chemistry with the guys. We haven't seen so much of that. He needs a scene partner that has chemistry with everyone, and that is Chris. I could be wrong, that is just how I see it. I also don't think people will like it if Blaine isn't the alpha gay in a couple, but they also won't like a wimpy beta for him to be partnered with. Kurt is the perfect partner for Blaine because he is strong and beautiful, smart and talented, and while he is the "beta" we all know who rules that relationship non-song wise. Let's give them what they want, and shut the Blainer's the hell up. I do think all their hate on Oliver is their fear that people will like Kurt with someone else, and deep down they know that Blaine hasn't worked with anyone else. They say that Kurt has held back Blaine development, but from my POV it is Darren's ability to imbue a lot of emotion while singing. If Kurt sang as much as Blaine, story would have been told. Darren has fun when he sings, and his performances are fun to watch, but they are like popcorn, quickly gone.

I wish they would have a little more confidence in RIB. While we may hate on certain aspects of this team, they have shown a lot of loyalty to the cast. They bring them back even for nonsensical reasons, I think just to give them a reason to give them a paycheck. Darren isn't going anywhere unless he wants to. They will find something for Blaine to do, the problem is it won't be as entertaining as scenes with Kurt.

I think Kurt and Adam could really work, but Glee isn't about reality, it is about end-game romances. I have no doubt Klaine will reunite by the end of the series, I am just hoping to see Adam hang around until the end of the show, if anything just to listen to his lovely accent.

Have more to say, but I have a class in Seattle I have to drive to, and must go.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/22/2013, 11:21 am

Ranwing wrote:Marie, I agree with you that it's extremely frustrating that after multiple Blaine POV solos, the first real POV that we get from strictly Kurt's perspective has to be shared with Blaine's voice, but it kind of fits in with how I see Kurt viewing this issue. Blaine is chasing him, wanting him back (as Christian wanted Satine back after pushing her away), and while there might still be feelings of love there on Kurt's part, it makes sense for him to have the pursued figures role in the song. I'm okay with Kurt talking about how awful his life was before they met (which it was - he was in about as horrible a place mentally and emotionally that he could be), but I don't think this is going to change the outcome. Kurt will rouse himself from that fantasy and smile at Adam, glad that he's there.
Unfortunately I don't think the writers have put this much thought into the song as you and I have.
I'm at the point that not even your nice headcanon of why Blaine is singing more in what should have been Kurt's solo POV song can placate me. :angry: blushh

Divalicious wrote:I always knew CWM would be a fantasy, and I knew it was a moment for the Klainers, because, just like all the Finchel scenes last season, they have to give the fans something to tide them over in the breakup. I fully expected a lot of Blaine, even though Kurt has been given so little in his point of view. Somehow I think when deciding how to break them up, they knew one would be the "heavy" and that one would require a lot of repair work, so lots of songs etc. If they were more interested in Kurt singing, I think they would have had him cheat, even though Kurt is more interested in romance than sex. But they want Blainesongs, so cheat he did, and get a lot of mileage out of it. I think the song will be fairly equal, because it is a Klaine moment, not a Kurt moment. Kurt's moments will come afterwards, with Adam.
I'm sorry, but I don't think this is true. If Kurt had cheated Blaine would have sung all the songs anyway, only then he would have been justified to sing the sappy, sympathy asking songs.
Strictly speaking, this is a Kurt moment, not a Klaine one (as all the times Blaine was thinking of Klaine they were Blaine moments aka solos).
And Klaine moments in song are usually Blaine moments with a little Kurt in the background and his verse being cut from the episode. dryy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/22/2013, 12:14 pm

CWM is not a Klaine moment. Let's be honest about what it is. It's Ryan seeing dollar signs in the form of iTunes sales after the relentless tweeting from the obnoxious Klainers to get the song, and it's about those same obnoxious Klainers getting their way like they always do.

Once again, I feel the need to add that I feel bad for the decent, respectable Klainers who are receptive to Klaine being apart so they can grow as individuals being lumped in with the obnoxious Klainers who are really just Blarrenstans (and spending a few minutes looking at the Come What May tweets last night when it was trending, you could see where the loyalties of a large majority of the fans tweeting about it lies--most of them seemed to have Blarren names, and tweeted pictures that heavily favored Blaine).

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/22/2013, 2:31 pm

I think that RIB are giving the Klainers this last gift (CWM, which they have been begging for since...season two?) as an attempt to let them down as gently as possible. I truly believe this is the last Klaine moment we're going to get in a long time. Smile

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/22/2013, 2:39 pm

Great. Kurt's POV is about blaine singing. Im so done with this crap.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/22/2013, 2:53 pm

Now, now. Kurt sings too. Laughing This is him re-evaluating the Klaine relationship, after all....and hopefully saying goodbye to it for good.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 2/22/2013, 3:00 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:I think that RIB are giving the Klainers this last gift (CWM, which they have been begging for since...season two?) as an attempt to let them down as gently as possible. I truly believe this is the last Klaine moment we're going to get in a long time. Smile
This. As much as the excessive pandering to the Klainers annoys me, I think you are right and it's perfectly possible this song marks the (temporary) end of Klaine. I suppose they'll enter the summer hiatus with a cliffhanger for their "endgame" couples, though, or at least with a storyline twist that'll keep all the shippers hopeful and invested till the next season starts. Any other solution might cost them a chunk of disillusioned viewers over the long break.
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 2/22/2013, 5:19 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10 - Page 19 Tumblr_mimysz1Dyv1re4zoio1_1280Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10 - Page 19 Tumblr_mimysz1Dyv1re4zoio2_1280Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10 - Page 19 Tumblr_mimyww1sVG1ql1znmo2_1280

Is that Chris in the right corner?

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/22/2013, 5:30 pm

Damn, Lea!!!! aa54

Btw, what's with the glasses? Is she playing around with a prop or is Rachel wearing glasses for a scene? I'm almost certain that's Chris...nice jeans. What a good looking cast.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/22/2013, 5:40 pm

Lea's legs look so long in these pictures.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 2/22/2013, 6:09 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Damn, Lea!!!! aa54

Btw, what's with the glasses? Is she playing around with a prop or is Rachel wearing glasses for a scene? I'm almost certain that's Chris...nice jeans. What a good looking cast.
Maybe Lea wears glasses/contacts.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/22/2013, 6:12 pm

the glasses she wears has no prescription on it. It doesn't make her eyes look bigger or smaller through the lenses. it's just decorative.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 2/22/2013, 6:30 pm

Wait, they are filming again at the loft set...goody. And whos bed are they filming with them rumpled sheets? Mysteries, mysteries, it's good that Lea is back on full force with her twitter.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/22/2013, 7:35 pm

they could have written a whole show based on this NY loft. but no, we only get to see like a few minutes of scenes here and there, and even less of them w/ chris in it. I am so unhappy w/ this show. too much stuff w/ people i don't care or hate, and way too little of what I really want to see. even when they do feature Kurt, so little singing and such bad story/writing associated w/ it. I refuse to use my head canons to delude myself that this show is still watchable.

my hubby has moved on to Smash. this season is a lot better than last season because they abandoned the focus on endless relationship drama and cheating, which ruined the second half of its first season. If it keeps its quality writing it may still have a chance for renew next year. glee is able to get away w/ stupid writing because most of its audience are stupid kids (no offense to our smart younger readers/fans here) who are only interested in fairy tale ships. i think glee will be a lot more successful if they create video games based on certain popular couples in a SIM-like setting so the kids can play pretends w/ their klaine or whatever pairiing like they play w/ Ken and barbie dolls. at least this way their fantasy play won't ruine the viewing experience of us older and less imaginative audiences.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/22/2013, 7:48 pm

The problem is that RIB have painted themselves in a corner by having Blaine cheat. They had to show how sorry he is and he won't stray again. PLus they has to make sure Kurt's angst and POV was limited because otherwise audience sympathy would swing so much toward Kurt. So we literally had a character tell Blaine he was a hero after all his self flagellation in song.

So now the cheating frees up Kurt to move on and date. I think RM wanted this .

The problem is that they want their cake and eat it too. They want "Klaine" to remain alive, so they will have Blaine still in love with Kurt. Thus CMW. But as others have said, it may be the last gasp for awhile.

If the show was serious about relationships, they would have BOTH Kurt and Blaine move on an get significant others for awhile. That makes the most sense and then eventually reconcile if they realize they still love each other.

The problem with doing this is that it makes the Blaine character, first be cheating, and then by having another LI , less then 100 percent sympathetic. I don't see the big deal, he cheated, Kurt broke up with him and Blaine is free to move on. End of Story. But the show doesn't want to make Blaine even less the teenage dream, not after the "cheating" they can't allow the character to stray much. IE the useless crush on the 100 percent straight Sam.

So Kurt will be the one who has to "decide" which won't make the Klainers happy.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/22/2013, 7:58 pm

It would be better to let both boys move on, if only to keep the Blaine fans happy that a new character has been chained to their favorite. Then, they can leave Kurt and Adam alone.

banzai I've tried watching Smash, but I think that show is kind of awful. Is it really better this season? Perhaps I'll have to try to give it another shot.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next