Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10

+31
BlueJazz
azure
sjonnepon
msjoanlucette
ecka
coxfire
Ireth
Adamina
opals
Piciollina
ladydianab
sahhar
MissSoniaPP
M&M
Divalicious
brisallie
tanita_mors
glimmerle
arina
Delight
Glorfindel
Ranwing
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
MoviesAreLife
bayth
ChrisColferFan1
fantastica
ColferGirl
valkeakuulas
sheny
35 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10 - Page 20 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10

Post  Jellyrolls 2/22/2013, 8:03 pm

fantastica wrote:they could have written a whole show based on this NY loft. but no, we only get to see like a few minutes of scenes here and there, and even less of them w/ chris in it. I am so unhappy w/ this show. too much stuff w/ people i don't care or hate, and way too little of what I really want to see. even when they do feature Kurt, so little singing and such bad story/writing associated w/ it. I refuse to use my head canons to delude myself that this show is still watchable.

my hubby has moved on to Smash. this season is a lot better than last season because they abandoned the focus on endless relationship drama and cheating, which ruined the second half of its first season. If it keeps its quality writing it may still have a chance for renew next year. glee is able to get away w/ stupid writing because most of its audience are stupid kids (no offense to our smart younger readers/fans here) who are only interested in fairy tale ships. i think glee will be a lot more successful if they create video games based on certain popular couples in a SIM-like setting so the kids can play pretends w/ their klaine or whatever pairiing like they play w/ Ken and barbie dolls. at least this way their fantasy play won't ruine the viewing experience of us older and less imaginative audiences.

Off topic, but Smash is different this year because the creator/showrunner stepped down due to creative differences (though she is still an executive producer). Though I haven't seen him in about 15 years, I used to know the new showrunner, and I can tell you he is a very creative, dedcated, and hard-working writer. The show should be safe in his hands.

Too bad the Glee show runners won't due the same and put us in charge.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10 - Page 20 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10

Post  Jellyrolls 2/22/2013, 8:14 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote: I've tried watching Smash, but I think that show is kind of awful. Is it really better this season? Perhaps I'll have to try to give it another shot.

The quality of the singers on Smash blows Glee away. Though some of the supporting cast seems a bit weak, the leads are all very good. They just added Jeremy Jordan to the cast, and he is fantastic. I saw him as Drew in Rock of Ages on Broadway a few years ago, and I was amazed by him. Oh, and since I know you are a "Rent" fan, I should mention that Jesse L. Martin is going to be a guest star at some point this season.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 2/22/2013, 8:24 pm

fantastica wrote:If it keeps its quality writing it may still have a chance for renew next year.
Jellyrolls wrote:I used to know the new showrunner, and I can tell you he is a very creative, dedcated, and hard-working writer. The show should be safe in his hands.

Too bad the Glee show runners won't due the same and put us in charge.
Smash's ratings are pretty much at rock bottom, though (0.9 in the demo this week!). If NBC's scripted shows wouldn't be flopping across the board this season (including Murphy's The New Normal), they'd probably think about pulling it from the schedule already.
I gave up on Smash three episodes into season one because it bored and annoyed me. If it's actually better now in it's second season I wish it all the best, but I doubt it will be able to recover from such a bad start. Just like Glee, I think it has garnered a bad reputation from bad creative decisions in the past that will be virtually impossible to overcome.
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/22/2013, 9:01 pm

I think the two female leads, Katherine and Megan, are outstanding singers (and Megan is a damned good actress despite her awful character)! But I wouldn't say that there aren't amazing singers on Glee as well: Lea, Amber, Chris, Naya, Kevin, Matt...and so on. And thank you about the Jesse news! I'll have to check that out then! I wonder if they'll have more RENT castmembers on?! (I know they had the final Broadway Roger--Will Chase---in a storyarc with Debra Messing's character). I think Daphne Rubin Vega (OBC Mimi) is also going to be on? I hope they get Wilson Jermaine Heredia on as well! :D

At least Glee had a good start, but Smash seemed DOA. The performances are wonderful...but everything annoying about Glee, especially the contrived relationship issues, cheating and backstabbing, the annoying characters...is/was ten times worse in Smash. And unlike Glee, which sometimes has an odd sense of humor because it's a comedy-drama, Smash is a straight up drama and takes itself too seriously. At least Glee can excuse some of the cheesy plotlines by being self aware and calling itself out on its own shit with a wink and a nudge to the audience. Smash doesn't have that freedom.

At least with the insane plots of Glee, I have Chris, Kurt and (to a lesser extent) Rachel to love and keep me watching. I don't care for any of the Smash cast members or the characters. The characters specifically range from annoying, lukewarm, to downright hateful. The only character I can stand is Karen, and I like her...I don't love her enough to keep watching. She's a bit bland, after all...but she's the one I find the least obnoxious out of all of them. And while Megan is a great actress, I loathe her basketcase/bitch character Ivy. I kind of wished she had OD'd on those pills last season.

Last edited by MoviesAreLife on 2/22/2013, 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/22/2013, 9:15 pm

I am so looking forward to Hummelperberry loft dynamics. The snark will be to the 10th degree.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/22/2013, 9:30 pm

i assume it's hummelpezberry now. plus a bit dean here and there. i desperately want to hear about any future appearance by Oliver. you can't have Kadam w/o Oliver, and Kadam is our only way to delay klaine reunion.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/22/2013, 10:01 pm

Ryan just tweeted a pic of Blaine in a Cheerio uniform. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10 - Page 20 357632081
Watch no-one care.
If we do hear anything about Adam/Oliver it might be closer to episode 17 if he is in it, as he isn't in episode 16. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10 - Page 20 3181402168
If they revealed it now, or Oliver did, he would get another invasion of Blarren stans on his Facebook, and the Blarren stans will start tweeting threats and abuse to Ryan and others. Plus it might alert them that Klaine don't get back together in episode 15, that Kadam is happening.
I hope we see Adam after episode 15.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/22/2013, 10:17 pm

i hope oliver is silent now because of the nasty fan bullying, not because he's not coming back. i do not trust the glee writers at all.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 2/22/2013, 10:22 pm

fantastica wrote:i hope oliver is silent now because of the nasty fan bullying, not because he's not coming back. i do not trust the glee writers at all.

I agree 100%.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/22/2013, 10:52 pm

fantastica wrote:i hope oliver is silent now because of the nasty fan bullying, not because he's not coming back. i do not trust the glee writers at all.
I don't trust them either. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10 - Page 20 357632081
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 2/22/2013, 11:06 pm

Yeah, but I just keep thinking that they were looking a long time for someone to play Adam. And that he needed to be able to act. And that there's a possibility of him returning next season as a full time actor on the show. I can't give up hope yet. I love the idea of Kurt being with a character that actually cares about him and wants to see him happy.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 2/22/2013, 11:11 pm

Going back to Lea's picture,, I think that is Dean in the back. He's a little more thick in the trunk than Chris, and the jeans looked stone washed, not really Kurt's style. Of course, Kurt's style has expanded its range this year.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/22/2013, 11:32 pm

bayth wrote:Yeah, but I just keep thinking that they were looking a long time for someone to play Adam. And that he needed to be able to act. And that there's a possibility of him returning next season as a full time actor on the show. I can't give up hope yet. I love the idea of Kurt being with a character that actually cares about him and wants to see him happy.

I really believe that we will see Adam again after the next episode. As bayth said, they spent a lot of time casting the part, so I would have to think that they are planning on developing the relationship more. Though I don't really trust RIB, I am hopeful that because Ryan has responded to two tweets about him (my tweet and one where he said he liked the idea of a Kadam duet), and Brad said he liked them together (before tweeting about French Fries).

That being said, I am also worried that the behavior of the obnoxious side of the Klaine fandom towards Oliver will make them drop the storyline because they always get their way.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/22/2013, 11:36 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
bayth wrote:Yeah, but I just keep thinking that they were looking a long time for someone to play Adam. And that he needed to be able to act. And that there's a possibility of him returning next season as a full time actor on the show. I can't give up hope yet. I love the idea of Kurt being with a character that actually cares about him and wants to see him happy.

I really believe that we will see Adam again after the next episode. As bayth said, they spent a lot of time casting the part, so I would have to think that they are planning on developing the relationship more. Though I don't really trust RIB, I am hopeful that because Ryan has responded to two tweets about him (my tweet and one where he said he liked the idea of a Kadam duet), and Brad said he liked them together (before tweeting about French Fries).

That being said, I am also worried that the behavior of the obnoxious side of the Klaine fandom towards Oliver will make them drop the storyline because they always get their way.

That is why if there is something going on with progressing Kadam, that they keep quiet about it.
It will just start another shitstorm.
Let the Klainers think because there is nothing more about Kadam at this point, think that Klaine is safe.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/22/2013, 11:40 pm

to be honest, if they know how to write some good klaine stories - i mean, really interesting stories, i can accept them together on my screen. but so far it's all about kurt watching blaine sing and blaine returning puppy love looks. or else we get cheating! are the writers so uncreative?! can't they write a decent story for a couple at all? sigh...
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/22/2013, 11:44 pm

now w/ my above logic even if they do bring kurt and adam together seriously, it will probably end up a disaster too. if it turns out nothing but adam admiring kurt and kurt returning loving looks what's the difference?!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/22/2013, 11:54 pm

fantastica wrote:now w/ my above logic even if they do bring kurt and adam together seriously, it will probably end up a disaster too. if it turns out nothing but adam admiring kurt and kurt returning loving looks what's the difference?!
Maybe the old Kurt would have, but I don't see this Kurt will be doing that so much. So far they have had more communication than Klaine have ever have. They actually talk and listen to each other.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/23/2013, 12:02 am

^ no they don't. you probably read too many kadam fanfics. Smile i mean, adam hasn't even appeared on screen enough to have enough conversations w/ kurt. what a shame!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/23/2013, 12:04 am

I think the Kadam dynamic will be more mature, for one thing. These aren't two high school boys anymore. The immature antics of Blaine won't be repeated. Kurt is also more mature now, more relaxed, confident and experienced.

Poor Oliver, having to deal with this crap from some of the Klainers. I don't blame him for staying silent and not wanting to deal with all the bullying, although I really wish he'd call them out and not let them push him around. They will look even worse in the general fandom's eyes if he does that.

And Divalicious, I really do think that's Kurt. I don't think Brody knows how to dress that well. Plus, Kurt's style has gotten more edgy, mature and sometimes more casual as of late. And maybe Chris has more of an ass than any of us previously thought! Laughing BUT if it's not him, I'll eat my words. fanny2

Adam is already more supportive of Kurt than Blaine ever was.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/23/2013, 12:11 am

fantastica wrote:^ no they don't. you probably read too many kadam fanfics. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10 - Page 20 650269930 i mean, adam hasn't even appeared on screen enough to have enough conversations w/ kurt. what a shame!

I should have meant that Blaine talks more and doesn't listen. Adam listens as far as we have seen, though brief it has been their conversations.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/23/2013, 12:45 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:Poor Oliver, having to deal with this crap from some of the Klainers. I don't blame him for staying silent and not wanting to deal with all the bullying, although I really wish he'd call them out and not let them push him around. They will look even worse in the general fandom's eyes if he does that.

He did try to call them out (in nice way), and that lead to the ridiculous fighting on the thread that he has since pulled down. He can't really argue with the fans who don't like, especially not fans who are as obnoxious and entitled as the ones who caused trouble on his facebook page. He is still new in the cast, and I would think he would want to get on as many episodes as possible. Fighting with the fans would not go over well with RIB, especially fighting with the fans that RIB seems to cater to the most.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/23/2013, 12:49 am

That makes sense. Well, I wish Ryan or someone would call them out then. Make them stop their crap.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/23/2013, 12:53 am

the only way to stop their crap is for fox to stop the show. that ain't gonna happen if so many people are still so "passionate" about the damn show. (of course when the ratings are low enough it will happen). I read on ontd_glee that glee's rating is falling worldwide too. in Australia it got booted from its current time slot. if glee comes back at all next year it will be in a worse time slot here in the US too.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/23/2013, 12:57 am

I don't know. I don't think the show has to stop...but it would do Ryan/Glee a world of good if he could protect his actors a little more and snap at the childish fans.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/23/2013, 1:03 am

fantastica wrote:the only way to stop their crap is for fox to stop the show. that ain't gonna happen if so many people are still so "passionate" about the damn show. (of course when the ratings are low enough it will happen). I read on ontd_glee that glee's rating is falling worldwide too. in Australia it got booted from its current time slot. if glee comes back at all next year it will be in a worse time slot here in the US too.

We are still seeing Glee here in Australia. We see it at 7:30 pm on a Wednesday.
Our promo's show more of the New York side then McKinley. This is mostly because of Dean of course. Plus, Australian Idol was on this network. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10 - Page 20 1688725052
The last time it had high ratings was when Furt was shown.
Rachel is one of the most popular characters here as well, so I would think her episodes rated just as well. I was just concerned about Kurt centric episodes, when I started watching the show after watching the POM, so I didn't follow the ratings of season one. I was just a casual viewer then.
Furt reached 1.3 million and was third in the ratings that week.
This episode impressed me so much, from Chris's and Max's acting that I wanted to know what it rated.
I started watching the ratings of Glee after that. And this episode is still one of the highest rated episodes from that season.
It was in the back half of season 2 that the show started slipping.
Then season 3 came along and the highest viewership was over 500,000 at the end of the rating period.
The only reason we are still getting Glee has to be because Dean is in it, or there are a still a lot of old fans of the old cast. I think it is a combination of that.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next