Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

+32
ladydianab
BlueJazz
bayth
sjonnepon
Dame Loli
emilynna
MissSoniaPP
brisallie
sheny
coxfire
opals
glimmerle
arina
valkeakuulas
CloveGlee
Ireth
Delight
tanita_mors
Glorfindel
Catt24
Divalicious
ColferGirl
sahhar
M&M
Ranwing
zuppid
fantastica
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
MoviesAreLife
Jellyrolls
36 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 11 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  Dame Loli 2/8/2013, 1:02 am

I'm probably in the minority around here, but I hate the Hummelberry dynamics. They don't make good friends because Rachel only sees Kurt as a pawn in the grand Rachel Berry Show and Kurt has to be de-clawed (Is that even a word?). And even when Kurt wins fair and square in not even his strongest registrer, he gets slammed and call St Kurt.
Dame Loli
Dame Loli
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

http://dameloli.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 11 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  Delight 2/8/2013, 2:25 am

Dame Loli wrote:I'm probably in the minority around here, but I hate the Hummelberry dynamics. They don't make good friends because Rachel only sees Kurt as a pawn in the grand Rachel Berry Show and Kurt has to be de-clawed (Is that even a word?). And even when Kurt wins fair and square in not even his strongest registrer, he gets slammed and call St Kurt.

Wha...? Who are these bitter idiots who-- You know what, never mind. I'll just give myself unnecessary high blood pressure if I have to read about Kurt-bashing for winning a competition fair and square against Rachel.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/8/2013, 2:34 am

don't go about reading these nasty comments. same advice to blarren fans NOT to visit our Snark and Bark thread.

haters gonna hate. just ignore them.

if there are no conflict there will be no interesting stories. if there are conflicts people will naturally take sides. when people take sides there will be people on the opposite of our side. that means they will say things we don't like to hear. so don't listen to them. you don't have to go on tumblr or visit some other forums/groups, you know.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 2/8/2013, 8:15 am

I just need to rant, so please excuse me if I go overboard.
I made the mistake to read some comments on an another forum (silly), and am officially fed up with the St Kurt bashing and the double standard between him and Blaine. Yes, Kurt is presented sometimes as too moral and too goody-2-shoes, I recognize it myself since I'd like him to not always take the high road, but at least least Kurt is sometimes prented as bitchy and self-centered, two of his "plans" with straight guys backfired in his face, he was constantly mocked (by Santana, Beaiste, Artie, Sebastian) for the sake of comedy.

But Blaine? He is presented by the show like the embodiement of perfection (perfect friend, perfect singer, perfect "gay"), apparently it's OK. And when, oh, miracle, he is allowed to do something wrong (like cheating), he's got a shitloads of excuses because, you know, he's so "sexyfoxmachintrucbidule". This season, there was so much Blaine's asskissing I wanted to slap the writers. Blaine should be renamed Mr Perfect and we (and all the other characters) should bow to him.

I can't stand his obliviousness anymore (that's such an excuse to stroke your own ego, you know, pretending to be oblivious), I can't stand that he complained in 404 that all he had in McKinley was Kurt when obviously Sam and Tina consider him their best friend and most of all, I am fed up with people giving him a pass just because of his looks (which are OK but nothing exceptionnal either).

This is a big difference betwen his character and Kurt: when Glee started, Kurt wasn't "sexy" (sorry, but Chris was still a baby at this time), he didn't have this factor with him. Everything that made the audience like/love Kurt was his personnality: his boldness, his wit, his defience towards the jock, his relationship with his dad, and the great actor portraying him. Kurt earned his place as one of the main 3, it wasn't handed to him or based on the solely fact that "OMG!! Is so magefoxymachintrucbidule".
Which is why the Blaine worshipping is beyond me: Blaine's has no personnality, should he look like JewFro, or be feminized as much as Kurt was, he would never have sparked any interest in the viewers in the first place. Plus, a whole lot of his popularity stems from the fact that he was dating Kurt. Would he have had such an impact had he been Quinn's new boyfriend? I don't think so.

So yes, Kurt might be st Kurt, but these people could at least admot that Blaine is Mr Bland McPerfect.

End of rant, sorry for all the Blaine lovers over here (and I repeat: I don't mind Darren, he's just the guys who has the unfortunate task of portraying his character)
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/8/2013, 11:18 am

Oh.My.God. ohmy
Those Jesse Tyler Ferguson tweets are embarrassing. Not his tweets obviously, but the replies he's apparently getting. Well, that should warn him to not make 'funny' jokes unawares.
But at least it confirms that he was inded unaware of the crazy crisscolfers and just made an awkward joke. Phew, I would hate to dislike him: he seems so sweet.
Still, Darren should have known better than to retweet.

Delight wrote:Wha...? Who are these bitter idiots who-- You know what, never mind. I'll just give myself unnecessary high blood pressure if I have to read about Kurt-bashing for winning a competition fair and square against Rachel.
I don't know where @Dame Loli read it, but TWoP is full of St. Kurt slurs again. To be fair: there are just as many, maybe even more, posters defending Kurt at that site, and the name-callers are mostly fervent Rachel stans.
I'll copy a reply I really liked about it, I'm not sure who the poster is (if he/she is someone we know):

And yes, people are going to bitch, St. Kurt because he was gracious towards Rachel, but if he did gloat and act even a fraction as arrogant as Rachel had, people would be bitching about that instead. If he's moral and kind, he's St. Kurt. If he's the least bit selfish or snarky, it gets blown out of proportion x 1000 and he's an ass.
Couldn't agree more.

They are too fond of the St. Kurt nickname. It was probably a (bad) joke when first uttered, but by now it is nothing more than plain bullying. :angry:
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 2/8/2013, 11:46 am

Glorfindel wrote:Oh.My.God. ohmy
Those Jesse Tyler Ferguson tweets are embarrassing. Not his tweets obviously, but the replies he's apparently getting. Well, that should warn him to not make 'funny' jokes unawares.
But at least it confirms that he was inded unaware of the crazy crisscolfers and just made an awkward joke. Phew, I would hate to dislike him: he seems so sweet.
Still, Darren should have known better than to retweet.

Delight wrote:Wha...? Who are these bitter idiots who-- You know what, never mind. I'll just give myself unnecessary high blood pressure if I have to read about Kurt-bashing for winning a competition fair and square against Rachel.
I don't know where @Dame Loli read it, but TWoP is full of St. Kurt slurs again. To be fair: there are just as many, maybe even more, posters defending Kurt at that site, and the name-callers are mostly fervent Rachel stans.
I'll copy a reply I really liked about it, I'm not sure who the poster is (if he/she is someone we know):

And yes, people are going to bitch, St. Kurt because he was gracious towards Rachel, but if he did gloat and act even a fraction as arrogant as Rachel had, people would be bitching about that instead. If he's moral and kind, he's St. Kurt. If he's the least bit selfish or snarky, it gets blown out of proportion x 1000 and he's an ass.
Couldn't agree more.

They are too fond of the St. Kurt nickname. It was probably a (bad) joke when first uttered, but by now it is nothing more than plain bullying. :angry:

I replied there, because, as much as sometimes I am too a bit frustrated that the writers insist on Kurt taking the high road, he is not the only character that is given a pass for his actions/attitude, but is the only one basically pointed out for that.

Last edited by coxfire on 2/8/2013, 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/8/2013, 12:09 pm

^Was that you?!?
I thanked you for that post, lol (and added some). Smile

-ETA-
Of course it was you, I just didn't look at your username before copying and pasting. Duh! blushh

Well, thank you (again). iagree
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 2/8/2013, 12:18 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^Was that you?!?
I thanked you for that post, lol (and added some). Smile

-ETA-
Of course it was you, I just didn't look at your username before copying and pasting. Duh! blushh

Well, thank you (again). iagree

You're more than welcolme, since you put yourself out there a lot more often than I do!! And you know, knowing you are a vocal coach, I often think to myself "Oh, Marie must be sooooo pissed" when I read some of the comment I read there (ex: I ACHE for you, sometimes.

Last edited by coxfire on 2/8/2013, 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/8/2013, 12:40 pm

coxfire wrote:You're more than welcolme, since you put yourself out there a lot more often than I do!! And you know, knowing you are a vocal coach, I often think to myself "Oh, Marie must be sooooo pissed" when I read some of the comment I read there (ex: that Kurt had a feeble tremolo i Being Alive, when you just described here the quality of his vibrato, for instance). I ACHE for you, sometimes.
Ha, have you read the latest added gem by that same poster? (In the Diva episode thread) Laughing
I don't ache, I just laugh my butt off. moque

fanny2

Last edited by Glorfindel on 2/8/2013, 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 2/8/2013, 12:45 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
coxfire wrote:You're more than welcolme, since you put yourself out there a lot more often than I do!! And you know, knowing you are a vocal coach, I often think to myself "Oh, Marie must be sooooo pissed" when I read some of the comment I read there (ex: that Kurt had a feeble tremolo i Being Alive, when you just described here the quality of his vibrato, for instance). I ACHE for you, sometimes.
Ha, have you read the latest added gem by that same poster? (In the Diva episode thread) Laughing
I don't ache, I just laugh my butt off. moque

fanny2

Well,
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/8/2013, 12:49 pm

I love that Kurt's 'Bring Him Home' is higher up in the ranks than Rachel's, and even popular songs like Blaine's 'Don't Stop Me Now' and 'Hung Up'. hapitgh

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Loli 2/8/2013, 1:58 pm

Hey, sorry everyone fir the rant. I've calmed down. Funny, usually I'm a very zen person and it takes a lot to enrage me.

And yes it was on TWOP. I read some Kurt bashing there from time to time, but there's Kurt love at the same time between the posts. Not this time, it was three pages of burning Kurt on the stake because how dare he win against Rachel!!!1!!1!

This double standard gets me even more than the Blatant Blarren stans. That everyone show bow to the magnificience that is Rachel Berry and coddle her because of course talent is an excuse to be an ass.

I've worked with real life Rachel Berry and there's a reason they don't have friends : they judged everyone as personnal stepping stones.
Dame Loli
Dame Loli
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

http://dameloli.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  opals 2/8/2013, 2:16 pm

it was three pages of burning Kurt on the stake because how dare he win against Rachel!!!1!!1!

I see the comments.There along the lines of How dare the show hint that anyone bested Rachel in a singing competition! In what world are they equals?!

In my personal opinion they're not. Rachel Berry is clearly the next Barbra Streisand. And while great, since when is the 2.0 ever as great as the original?

Kurt Hummel is clearly the first of his kind.
opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 2/8/2013, 3:13 pm

The issue those people have, not just disliking Kurt (the fools) but believing that belting a song with an amazing voice is sufficient unto itself. I am not a Broadway buff like many here, I am not familiar with these songs really, but from what I understand it is a prayer, a supplication for divine intervention, not a demand, give me what I want because I am singing with all my soul sort of thing. Yes, Rachel can belt the notes, but can you tell the story. Kurt told the story, and even though they gave Rachel most of the glory notes, you still felt the stoic sadness in Kurt's rendition.

I think there are still a lot of people who resent Kurt having won anything, because they cannot acknowledge all that he has lost or missed out on. They focus on him being perfect, but resent him when he makes mistakes. I think St. Kurt came about from all the incredible backlash of his Finn crush, and the writers were protecting the character, because they knew not only is he a valuable character, Chris is a great actor. But like many things Glee, the writers get stuck in a rut, and keep having the character perform the same roles in the stories. Rachel is the oblivious diva, Blaine the oblivious heart throb, Finn and Britney, just oblivious with moments of wisdom. Kurt gets the never-gives-up noble role. I don't want him to be one-note, and neither does Chris, he always gives him nuances.

I just have to ignore these angry people, who don't realize this is story telling and not real life. Real life wouldn't have people not noticing Kurt becoming a total knock-out. Real life wouldn't have Britney scoring perfectly on the SAT's by drawing a penis. Or kids able to fly across country at the drop of a hat. So why should anything be real?

However, I do think in real life Kurt would have won, because he would be singing it for people who knew the context of the song. The rest would be amazed by Rachel's pipes, but stunned she didn't capture the meaning of the song. They can live in their world, I am quite happy in mine.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/8/2013, 3:31 pm

^In real life Kurt is 'winning', at least according to the charts now (and considering him losing 1-2 days in sales). hapitgh
His BHH is at #150 now.

opals wrote:In my personal opinion they're not. Rachel Berry is clearly the next Barbra Streisand. And while great, since when is the 2.0 ever as great as the original?

Kurt Hummel is clearly the first of his kind.
rooots
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/8/2013, 8:03 pm

I wouldn't worry about it. Kurt can't win with these biased haters. If he is the least bit snarky (and rightfully so nowadays), he's considered an ass to them. If he is a good, moral and kind hearted character, he's "St. Kurt". Basically, they are looking for any pathetic excuse to bash him, all the while kissing the asses of other more badly behaved and more worshipped characters. It's a double standard and they know it, they just don't care.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 2/8/2013, 8:08 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:I wouldn't worry about it. Kurt can't win with these biased haters. If he is the least bit snarky (and rightfully so nowadays), he's considered an ass to them. If he is a good, moral and kind hearted character, he's "St. Kurt". Basically, they are looking for any pathetic excuse to bash him, all the while kissing the asses of other more badly behaved and more worshipped characters. It's a double standard and they know it, they just don't care.

Great post.I agree with it 100%.

Last edited by FanofChrisC&MaxA1 on 2/8/2013, 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To fixed a typo)
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/8/2013, 8:48 pm

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 11 Tumblr_inline_mhvu4norQn1qz4rgp

Retweeted by Adam Lambert......
ptdr
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/8/2013, 9:56 pm

Razz

btw blaine should never wear any hat. any hat on him makes him look like a clown. few people can wear many types of hat. I am not one of them. but someone, like princess Di, and chris colfer, can wear just about any hat.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/8/2013, 11:55 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 11 Tumblr_inline_mhvu4norQn1qz4rgp

Retweeted by Adam Lambert......
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 11 2641883990
Wait until the Blarren stans see this. Not that Adam or AfterElton would care. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 11 3429310274
I love that are they insulting Blaine. This is delicious. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 11 3933776953
Though I don't like the love Blaine part, unless it was sarcastic. But then maybe it wasn't. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 11 1688725052
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/10/2013, 10:10 am

Chris hasn't tweeted since the Darren happy birthday/Jesse Tyler Ferguson thing. I hate it when idiot fans keep him from tweeting to us.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/10/2013, 12:31 pm

I want a Kurt voiceover where he is deciding between Adam and Blaine:

Do I pick the handsome charming sophisticated Brit with the sexy accent who compliments and respects me? Or do I pick the whiny attention whore who cares more about himself and hair gel than he does about me, who will also leave grease stains on my egyptian cotton sheets?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/10/2013, 12:50 pm

^
That's funny, but if he ever say that, I bet blainers/klainers will hate him. And I can see the hate tweets Chris will receive, though it won't be his fault, but the writers.

And btw, Adam wore that fur jacket better, for me is not like he's wearing a costume.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 2/11/2013, 2:52 am

brisallie wrote:^
That's funny, but if he ever say that, I bet blainers/klainers will hate him. And I can see the hate tweets Chris will receive, though it won't be his fault, but the writers.

True, he would receive hate tweets.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/11/2013, 3:46 am

Jellyrolls wrote:Chris hasn't tweeted since the Darren happy birthday/Jesse Tyler Ferguson thing. I hate it when idiot fans keep him from tweeting to us.
He's probably too busy with his boyfriend or writing. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 11 650269930
I can forgive him for both. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 11 4247136565
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next