Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

+32
ladydianab
BlueJazz
bayth
sjonnepon
Dame Loli
emilynna
MissSoniaPP
brisallie
sheny
coxfire
opals
glimmerle
arina
valkeakuulas
CloveGlee
Ireth
Delight
tanita_mors
Glorfindel
Catt24
Divalicious
ColferGirl
sahhar
M&M
Ranwing
zuppid
fantastica
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
MoviesAreLife
Jellyrolls
36 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 40 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  Jellyrolls 4/3/2013, 11:47 am

Glorfindel wrote:Someone on another board posted this gif set. Be ready to either laugh hysterically, throw something, or retch: take your pick (I think I did all 3, tbh).

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 40 Tumblr_mknic8aAIf1qd1240o4_r1_250Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 40 Tumblr_mknic8aAIf1qd1240o1_r1_250
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 40 Tumblr_mknic8aAIf1qd1240o3_r2_250Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 40 Tumblr_mknic8aAIf1qd1240o2_r1_250
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 40 Tumblr_mknic8aAIf1qd1240o5_r1_250Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 40 Tumblr_mknic8aAIf1qd1240o6_r3_250

The caption: "All because they do not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do"

Our poor suffering ~heroes. So inspirational. vomit2

You know what's interesting about the Blarren part of this? When they show him being lonely, it is Kurt related, but when they show him being kind, his actions are towards girls.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 40 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  Ranwing 4/3/2013, 12:39 pm

Am a serious GoT junkie, having read all the books thus far. Am trying very hard not to spoil things for anyone this season, but don't get too attached to old favorite characters. Just saying... suspectt

Martin is an excellent author, but even he's made mistakes. The fourth book in the series is the least engaging because most of the critical POV characters (Jon Snow, Tyrion and Daenerys) and because he was focusing on setting up the next major round of action so it was a slow read. But for the most part he's excellent in juggling the numerous characters that play important roles. What is key is that he doesn't get distracted by marginal characters that don't require hundreds of pages of focus and he's got a clear vision of his story so he doesn't go off on blind tangents that don't add anything to the greater storyline.

Glee's problem isn't too many characters. It's that characters that do not warrant major focus, or who are played by actors incapable of giving strong overall performances (in both singing and acting) are given way too much attention. Brittany in particular should never have been given the level of attention that she's recieved. Heather is a lovely girl and a great dancer, but she is absolutely wooden as an actress. Darren is a fair actor and engaging when it comes to comedy, but he is painfully bad in dramatic scenes. The show then compounds the problem by pairing weak characters/actors with other weak characters/actors and then spending far too much time on them. The number of actors that can carry the heaviest burden of the show (Lea, Chris, Matt, Cory and to a slightly lesser degree, Naya) have been sidelined for the most part and instead of using them to give weaker performs the boost that they need, Darren, Chord and Heather and the noobs are mostly playing off one another. It’s no wonder that Blam, Bram and noob scenes are the weakest in any given episode.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/3/2013, 3:06 pm

None of those characters are inspirational or "heros" in that gif. dryy

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/3/2013, 3:50 pm

I'll give season 2 Sam some hero points, because he was the guy willing to take on Karofsky for Kurt's sake. The black eye he's sporting in the gif was a result. Of course, he lost most of those points in season 4 when he pronounced that Kurt that Kurt wasn't his "bro", but Blaine was (because he apparently lost enough IQ points to figure that a mutual liking of comic books beats out helping out your family when you're homeless).
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/4/2013, 8:21 am

Speaking of TV shows I want to see Chris in... I want something in the vein of a comedy-drama like 'Gilmore Girls', but instead of a young mother and her daughter being the leads, it'll be a father and son team, with Chris taking the role of the son. We're talking 45-minute episodes (with around 22 episodes per season) where the story revolves around two main characters, so that would mean plenty of screentime for Chris.

Sigh... I can dream, can't I?

ColferGirl wrote:Seconding the notion of - What are you waiting for? WATCH GAME OF THRONES!!!!!!! It's amazing. My only warning is be careful who you give your heart to in that show, because a lot of people die and will die, and no favorite is safe. :(

I listened to the audiobook of the first book, and was so shocked and depressed by the beheading of a certain character that I couldn't bear to continue reading the series. (I've since then wiki'ed the later books and found out that the doom and gloom only gets worse). I've heard a lot of good things about the TV adaptation of GoT though. Maybe I would get over my avoidance of depressing stories one day, and watch this series even if for no reason other than to see how good are the actors who played the dwarf and the boy-king.

Ranwing wrote:
Glee's problem isn't too many characters. It's that characters that do not warrant major focus, or who are played by actors incapable of giving strong overall performances (in both singing and acting) are given way too much attention.

^ I second this opinion.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/4/2013, 5:25 pm

Ha, finally realized what is bothering me so much about Klaine and Finchel (you probably all did ages ago, but I was sincerely trying to find the very core of the problem).

The assigned roles of couples don't make sense for the characters and are actually for whatever strange reason reversed!

RIB are so desperately keen on showing Finn and Blaine as alpha males: confident, brave and as the dominate part of the couples, but they are the exact opposite as individuals. They are not allowed to have flaws, that even characters on the show find excuses when they act badly. However they are actually received by the audience and written by the writers as rather insecure, attention-seeking, need constant approval and kind of lost without guidance.

Rachel and Kurt are the ones shown as needing guidance within a relationship, as they are too unpopular, getting bullied, too unique and too talented for their own good. They are presented as the "female" ,weak and lost within their life part. Finn and Blaine are constantly shown to be essential to give reassurance, confidence-boosts and support. However, Rachel and Kurt are the most strong willed, ambitious, confident and independent characters on the show.

Of course they don't make sense. Of course people get annoyed even if they cannot even pinpoint the flaws. It is just the biggest sign to me why the writers cannot write relationships as they do not understand their own characters and how they'd act accordingly with a partner. The relationships are so messed up as they do not make any sense whatsoever with each other.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/4/2013, 6:13 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Ha, finally realized what is bothering me so much about Klaine and Finchel (you probably all did ages ago, but I was sincerely trying to find the very core of the problem).

The assigned roles of couples don't make sense for the characters and are actually for whatever strange reason reversed!

RIB are so desperately keen on showing Finn and Blaine as alpha males: confident, brave and as the dominate part of the couples, but they are the exact opposite as individuals. They are not allowed to have flaws, that even characters on the show find excuses when they act badly. However they are actually received by the audience and written by the writers as rather insecure, attention-seeking, need constant approval and kind of lost without guidance.

Rachel and Kurt are the ones shown as needing guidance within a relationship, as they are too unpopular, getting bullied, too unique and too talented for their own good. They are presented as the "female" ,weak and lost within their life part. Finn and Blaine are constantly shown to be essential to give reassurance, confidence-boosts and support. However, Rachel and Kurt are the most strong willed, ambitious, confident and independent characters on the show.

Of course they don't make sense. Of course people get annoyed even if they cannot even pinpoint the flaws. It is just the biggest sign to me why the writers cannot write relationships as they do not understand their own characters and how they'd act accordingly with a partner. The relationships are so messed up as they do not make any sense whatsoever with each other.

You pretty much nailed it. Tike, while boring, was the only couple that seemed evenly matched. In the other canon couples, there is always one partner trying to drag the other down (Brittany was bad for Santana, Finn is awful for Rachel, and Blaine is damaging to Kurt). Thank God the Brittana BS stopped, but it literally took a force of nature (Heather's pregnancy) to sink that ship for good. Whereas, I fear that the toxic messes that are Klaine and Finchel will be risen from the dead, over and over again, until they are reunited for good ( vomir ) no matter how many fans hate them.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/4/2013, 7:47 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
You pretty much nailed it. Tike, while boring, was the only couple that seemed evenly matched. .

Except they ruined even them in "Props".
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/4/2013, 8:22 pm

Oh yeah. Forgot about that.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/5/2013, 12:19 am

As I say in my signature, Blarren stans are the reason we can't have nice things.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/5/2013, 3:13 am

Both Klaine and Finchel are very toxic unhealthy relationships, but I think Finchel ruins Finn the same as it ruins Rachel. And I think there is big difference how the show treats Blaine and Finn. Finn was thrown under the bus many times and I definitely don't think he is not alloweed to have flaws, actually I think RIB or at least Murphy likes him of this four people the least and it's noticeable on the show.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/5/2013, 12:26 pm

Holy crap, Karen! I didn't see this before, but the crazies in this fandom are everywhere, huh? I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. Tell the little bitch that it's a free country, and you're free to like or dislike whomever you choose. Seeing as you're kind of spearheading the Adam-love movement, it makes sense that this idiot Blaine fan is targeting you. She's threatened by you, pure and simple. You know you're doing something right if you have a stalker.

Arina, I agree that Finchel also ruins Finn. I really don't mind Finn at all when he's not with Rachel or moping over her or stalking her. I like him best when he has nothing to do with her, and she with him. I just hate Finchel so much. Their epic "romance" reminds me of that obnoxious "romance" in the fim "Like Crazy"...aka, two people who don't love each other, who cheat on each other and treat each other badly, two people who bring out the worst in one another. Yet, they stay together because they are CRAZY, just as the title states (that's how I see it). Finn and Rachel are so awful together. Rachel becomes a weak, needy, depedant mouse who will give up everything for her man. Finn becomes a resentful guy who can't keep up with her, so he tries to get her to lower her standards. He needs someone more laid back and less high strung and ambitious to date. Like Brittany....

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/5/2013, 1:19 pm

Actually I hope I don't offend anyone but I think the show made Britanny so (unrealisticaly) stupid that I don't think anyone of the Glee characters would date her. They had to make Sam lose his brain to be more suitable for her.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/5/2013, 1:24 pm

arina wrote:Actually I hope I don't offend anyone but I think the show made Britanny so (unrealisticaly) stupid that I don't think anyone of the Glee characters would date her. They had to make Sam lose his brain to be more suitable for her.

That's very true. That's why my best friend and I both don't like Brittana. She is a huge Santana fan, just as I am a Kurt fan. She hated Brittana because she felt that a girl with the mind of a toddler was holding her favorite character back. I also disliked Brittana because, even though I'm lukewarm at best towards Santana's character, even I could see that Brittany would need to be taken care of the rest of her life by Santana, thus, being a huge burden. And now, they've even ruined Sam's character by turning him into a hopelessly stupid "bro" in order to date Brittany. I find Brittany annoying most of the time, but I'd pair Finn with literally anyone but Rachel. I'm desperate. tonguue

Thank God that ship has sunk (Thank you, Heather!). Now if only Darren can get pregnant! Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 4/5/2013, 5:53 pm

Be prepared to barf. Look what is in the new Entertainment Weekly magazine that came today in the mail:

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 40 Fa74a840-872c-4609-b06b-11551c3cb9e6_zps0c85ec83

Sorry, the picture isn't great- I took it on my iphoto in my MacBookPro. The quote for "Klaine" is: "Glee. Kurt and Blaine's high school (and beyond) romance was a teenage dream, complete with complementary bow ties and harmonies." vomit2 vomir

Who should we all vote for to take down Klaine?
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/5/2013, 5:56 pm

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40