Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Page 1 of 67 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  Jellyrolls on 1/25/2013, 10:48 pm

I posted the tweet on Oliver's facebook page, and he responded with this:

Just - proper wicked mate.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  MoviesAreLife on 1/25/2013, 10:52 pm

Thank you, Erin! I think that a little positive feelings on this thread wouldn't be a bad thing. Although, I know it's the Snark and Bark thread, but it couldn't hurt to see things from a less negative standpoint. I personally feel that the writers are taking notice to how beautifully Chris has matured over the years....the rest of the world has, and now I think they are catching up. NYC, NYADA and Adam can all give them the excuse they need to push the issue more. He's all grown up. Also, I LOVE Kurt's feminine qualities as well...I think they are adorable. Actually, I think Kurt is this magical blend of the best of both masculine and feminine qualities. It's wonderful. He's wonderful. Btw, I love that Hummelberry hug gif! It's the sweetest thing ever! :D

And Marie, you're right about Blaine always getting complimented. Although, some of the people doing the complimenting may not be of sound mind or coming from a sincere place. Sebastian was a horndog who just wanted to get into his pants, and Tina has a borderline delusional, little fangirl crush on him. Of course she sees him as "perfect", but reality would slap her in the face if she ever were to call up Kurt and ask about the real reason behind the breakup (does she know he cheated?) But you're right...Blaine gets complimented far more than Kurt does. Lets hope that Adam and now Rachel will even that score a little more. Maybe RIB are feeding into the fantasy that the fangirls have about Blaine being their perfect, gay Ken...although, I doubt it. They made him screw up SO badly by cheating on Kurt. That will forever be a spot on his once squeaky clean reputation.

They did parallel Kurt with the girls, but I don't think it was as direct to say that Kurt would be the "girl" of the Kadam relationship, but it does reflect on his slightly feminine attributes. He did describe himself as an honorary girl once. But for all of his feminine qualities, he has some masculine ones as well (chivalry) and has made it clear that he identifies as a boy (refusing to dress as Frank for The Rocky Horror Picture Show, being upset at being named Prom Queen, refusing to wear a dress at Nationals). I think that Kurt can suprise us all with whatever is coming up next, just in case anyone ever sees him as the girl in the relationship. Either way, there is no denying his feminine side and, yes, people in general tend to see a homosexual couple as mimicing a straight couple in terms of gender roles. It's easy to see why a more feminine boy like Kurt can be considered the "girly" one next to a guy like Adam, who is more "boyish". Hell, even my ex girlfriend and I mimiced the male/female dynamic that straight couples have. I think most gay couples do. We didn't do it on purpose, it just happened. I was "the girl" and she was "the boy". Oftentimes, people mistook us for a straight couple in public and called her "Sir" all the time. And speaking from experience, niether one of us felt insulted by our gender roles. It just is what it is. BUT looks can be decieving, and just because it appears one way (this is the girl, that is the boy) doesn't mean that it is always that way 100 percent. The cool thing about gay couples is that gender roles are much more flexible than with straight couples. Kurt doesn't strike me as the type who would stand for being considered a "girl" all the time, nor should he be. But I don't think he would be as insulted by it as many would believe (the prom queen prank is a different story because that was just cruel).

I think that scene was more or less commenting on his wallflower attitude, which he does have. It doesn't mean that you are unattractive for real, it just means you're shy and have low self esteem. Look at Marley...she's beautiful but considers herself a wallflower also. And even if Ashley doesn't fit the stereotype of classic Hollywood beauty, neither does Lea, and Rachel is called hot all the time. Jenna and Venessa are both beautiful, IMO. Tina's attitude may suck, but there is no denying she's a gorgeous girl. But shyness and low self esteem is not a girl thing, it's a human thing that is very hard to overcome, warrented or not.

If anything, Kurt is BETTER than his other half. He is the most well rounded male character I've ever seen, with that beautiful blend and balance of masculine and feminine qualities. I hope the show makes this known someday. I also hope that Kurt realizes he IS a catch, because he IS. Thank you, Adam and Rachel, for telling it how it is. Please, continue. I simpily think that scene meant to say that Kurt has unfortunate, unfounded self esteem issues brought on by a lifetime of undeserved abuse and neglect brought on by ignorance, nothing more.

I don't think Kurt is at the bottom of the NYADA ladder. I think he's just totally unknown right now. He's brand new and he's a freshmen (that disgusting "Freshmen are pond scum" bias probably exists in that school, even Rachel was treated like crap by her teacher and fellow dancers for a while). He seems unknown, not looked down upon. I'm sure once Kurt finds his voice and his footing, he'll make great friends in that school and certainly with the college showchoir and maybe even the choir will gain popularity. There is nothing wrong with Kurt, but there are people out there who have something wrong with their perspectives on what is "right" and "good" and "normal". Kurt will shatter those biased veiws, as they are the problem of the veiwer, not the character. Remember that Kurt got into that school by pulling off the surprise audition of the century, so I'm sure that is going to help him down the road.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 1/25/2013, 11:14 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Thank you, Erin! I think that a little positive feelings on this thread wouldn't be a bad thing. Although, I know it's the Snark and Bark thread, but it couldn't hurt to see things from a less negative standpoint. I personally feel that the writers are taking notice to how beautifully Chris has matured over the years....the rest of the world has, and now I think they are catching up. NYC, NYADA and Adam can all give them the excuse they need to push the issue more. He's all grown up. Also, I LOVE Kurt's feminine qualities as well...I think they are adorable. Actually, I think Kurt is this magical blend of the best of both masculine and feminine qualities. It's wonderful. He's wonderful. Btw, I love that Hummelberry hug gif! It's the sweetest thing ever! :D

And Marie, you're right about Blaine always getting complimented. Although, some of the people doing the complimenting may not be of sound mind or coming from a sincere place. Sebastian was a horndog who just wanted to get into his pants, and Tina has a borderline delusional, little fangirl crush on him. Of course she sees him as "perfect", but reality would slap her in the face if she ever were to call up Kurt and ask about the real reason behind the breakup (does she know he cheated?) But you're right...Blaine gets complimented far more than Kurt does. Lets hope that Adam and now Rachel will even that score a little more. Maybe RIB are feeding into the fantasy that the fangirls have about Blaine being their perfect, gay Ken...although, I doubt it. They made him screw up SO badly by cheating on Kurt. That will forever be a spot on his once squeaky clean reputation.

They did parallel Kurt with the girls, but I don't think it was as direct to say that Kurt would be the "girl" of the Kadam relationship, but it does reflect on his slightly feminine attributes. He did describe himself as an honorary girl once. But for all of his feminine qualities, he has some masculine ones as well (chivalry) and has made it clear that he identifies as a boy (refusing to dress as Frank for The Rocky Horror Picture Show, being upset at being named Prom Queen, refusing to wear a dress at Nationals). I think that Kurt can suprise us all with whatever is coming up next, just in case anyone ever sees him as the girl in the relationship. Either way, there is no denying his feminine side and, yes, people in general tend to see a homosexual couple as mimicing a straight couple in terms of gender roles. It's easy to see why a more feminine boy like Kurt can be considered the "girly" one next to a guy like Adam, who is more "boyish". Hell, even my ex girlfriend and I mimiced the male/female dynamic that straight couples have. I think most gay couples do. We didn't do it on purpose, it just happened. I was "the girl" and she was "the boy". Oftentimes, people mistook us for a straight couple in public and called her "Sir" all the time. And speaking from experience, niether one of us felt insulted by our gender roles. It just is what it is. BUT looks can be decieving, and just because it appears one way (this is the girl, that is the boy) doesn't mean that it is always that way 100 percent. The cool thing about gay couples is that gender roles are much more flexible than with straight couples. Kurt doesn't strike me as the type who would stand for being considered a "girl" all the time, nor should he be. But I don't think he would be as insulted by it as many would believe (the prom queen prank is a different story because that was just cruel).

I think that scene was more or less commenting on his wallflower attitude, which he does have. It doesn't mean that you are unattractive for real, it just means you're shy and have low self esteem. Look at Marley...she's beautiful but considers herself a wallflower also. And even if Ashley doesn't fit the stereotype of classic Hollywood beauty, neither does Lea, and Rachel is called hot all the time. Jenna and Venessa are both beautiful, IMO. Tina's attitude may suck, but there is no denying she's a gorgeous girl. But shyness and low self esteem is not a girl thing, it's a human thing that is very hard to overcome.

If anything, Kurt is BETTER than his other half. He is the most well rounded male character I've ever seen, with that beautiful blend and balance of masculine and feminine qualities. I hope the show makes this known someday. I also hope that Kurt realizes he IS a catch, because he IS. Thank you, Adam and Rachel, for telling it how it is. Please, continue. I simpily think that scene meant to say that Kurt has unfortunate, unfounded self esteem issues brought on by a lifetime of undeserved abuse and neglect brought on by ignorance, nothing more.

I don't think Kurt is at the bottom of the NYADA ladder. I think he's just totally unknown right now. He's brand new and he's a freshmen (that disgusting "Freshmen are pond scum" bias probably exists in that school, even Rachel was treated like crap by her teacher and fellow dancers for a while). He seems unknown, not looked down upon. I'm sure once Kurt finds his voice and his footing, he'll make great friends in that school and certainly with the college showchoir and maybe even the choir will gain popularity. There is nothing wrong with Kurt, but there are people out there who have something wrong with their perspectives on what is "right" and "good" and "normal". Kurt will shatter those biased veiws, as they are the problem of the veiwer, not the character. Remember that Kurt got into that school by pulling off the surprise audition of the century, so I'm sure that is going to help him down the road.

I adored your last post Heather, and I adore this one as well.

I understand where Marie is coming from, and it is frustating. But I am making myself see the positive things in Kurt's journey. If I didn't, I wouldn't be watching this show anymore.

Can someone be a sweetheart and post up the New York parts of this episode on Youtube please?

I don't want to see the McKinley side as I know I won't enjoy it.

ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 1/25/2013, 11:27 pm

Thank you, Liz! Smile

I understand, too. You should have seen the meltdown I sent to my friend during the season three finale. It was a several page long rant about how much they torture Kurt and how much I hate it. But if I focus on what I don't like about the show, I'll have a heart attack. I believe that RM and company have good intentions overall, and I believe that Glee, despite all of its problems, is a good hearted show with good intentions at the core. Best of all, Glee saved Chris from Clovis and got him his start in Hollywood, and it introduced us to the lovely character of Kurt Hummel. There is alot of good to be had here. (Umm...should I move this off the Snark and Bark thread??)

I believe that all of the Kurt scenes can be found here: http://chriscolfernews.tumblr.com/tagged/4x11

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 1/25/2013, 11:31 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Thank you, Liz! Smile

I understand, too. You should have seen the meltdown I sent to my friend during the season three finale. It was a several page long rant about how much they torture Kurt and how much I hate it. But if I focus on what I don't like about the show, I'll have a heart attack. I believe that RM and company have good intentions overall, and I believe that Glee, despite all of its problems, is a good hearted show with good intentions at the core. Best of all, Glee saved Chris from Clovis and got him his start in Hollywood, and it introduced us to the lovely character of Kurt Hummel. There is alot of good to be had here. (Umm...should I move this off the Snark and Bark thread??)

I believe that all of the Kurt scenes can be found here: http://chriscolfernews.tumblr.com/tagged/4x11

Good points. But I think Blaine should lose sometimes and Kurt should win sometimes. I don't like it that Blaine always seems to win. If I wrote for Glee I would make him lose sometimes and make Kurt win sometimes. Also I wish more people found out that Blaine cheated and blamed Kurt,and he got told off.

Last edited by FanofChrisC&MaxA1 on 1/25/2013, 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.

ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 1/25/2013, 11:31 pm

I agree! Blaine gets too much adoration, gets off too much scott free....whereas Kurt can barely catch a break and seems to get the shitty end of the stick (to quote Carson) far too often. Also, it's about damned time that Kurt gets complimented too. I agree that there is a severe, unfair and unfounded imbalance there that needs to be corrected.

Maybe in a way, the writers are showing how unfair life can really be sometimes. I'm not saying it's right, but someone like Blaine will always have an easier time of it and more acceptance than someone like Kurt. It's very, very stupid, wrong and backwards. I don't think that the writers have anything against Chris or Kurt...but maybe they are just showing society's reactions to things. Hell, Ryan based Kurt a little off of himself...maybe he's putting his own hardships onto the character? Nonetheless, I think that things are finally getting better for Kurt and I know that, no matter what they throw at him, he will always rise above it. Blaine is nowhere near that strong.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 1/26/2013, 12:46 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:I agree! Blaine gets too much adoration, gets off too much scott free....whereas Kurt can barely catch a break and seems to get the shitty end of the stick (to quote Carson) far too often. Also, it's about damned time that Kurt gets complimented too. I agree that there is a severe, unfair and unfounded imbalance there that needs to be corrected.

Maybe in a way, the writers are showing how unfair life can really be sometimes. I'm not saying it's right, but someone like Blaine will always have an easier time of it and more acceptance than someone like Kurt. It's very, very stupid, wrong and backwards. I don't think that the writers have anything against Chris or Kurt...but maybe they are just showing society's reactions to things. Hell, Ryan based Kurt a little off of himself...maybe he's putting his own hardships onto the character? Nonetheless, I think that things are finally getting better for Kurt and I know that, no matter what they throw at him, he will always rise above it. Blaine is nowhere near that strong.

You could be right. I hope so. I hope the writters have nothing against Chris or Kurt. If so ,they should be very very ashamed of themselves. I also think things are finally geting better for Kurt. Just hope it lasts. I also agree Kurt is stonger than Blaine.

Last edited by FanofChrisC&MaxA1 on 1/26/2013, 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add on to post)

ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 1/26/2013, 2:08 am

Honestly I think we as Kurt fans, and I include myself, can get sometimes a little too caught up about Kurt/Blaine comparisons on the show .

The bottom line is that Kurt will probably go down as one of the most iconic characters in TV history, Chris Colfer is the most critically acclaimed of the younger actors on Glee, and the character of Kurt is the most well developed character on the show, with a real arc and journey, for all that the show has mishandled so much about him.

Yes we have legit reasons to gripe but at the same time the character of Kurt is so strong and indelible that it doesn't need excessive propping or contrived SLs to let us see how memorable he is.

Season 5 is pretty much a forgone conclusion so I'm here for the long haul. Smile

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 1/26/2013, 2:42 am

you are right. this is just a silly show and chris is an actor who is getting a career out of this and paid handsomely for his first job. otherwise don't take teh stories seriously. it's made for entertainment, not cerebral analysis.

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  zuppid on 1/26/2013, 3:53 am

I'm so glad at least we did this...I'm so much in love with Adam that it is painful for me this "Klaineisendgame" crap...
I hope they change their minds and keep Adam but I don't hold my breath...I'll try to enjoy as much as I can Chris's beautiful face and the Kadam interactions.

But I think it's kind of funny that they know how much unhealty Klaine had become if acknowledging Kurt's self-confidence issue is any indication...

dryy

Last edited by zuppid on 1/26/2013, 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total

zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 1/26/2013, 3:57 am

i say don't bet on it. max adler had a lot of fans who were very vocal about bringing him back. so they did, for a few episodes, then completely done w/ him. i just wish adam/oliver has better luck w/ this show. granted he's got a very good resume...

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 1/26/2013, 4:02 am

fantastica wrote:i say don't bet on it. max adler had a lot of fans who were very vocal about bringing him back. so they did, for a few episodes, then completely done w/ him. i just wish adam/oliver has better luck w/ this show. granted he's got a very good resume...

I agree. I admit that is one reason I no longer ship Kurtofsky, except in Fan Fiction.

ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 1/26/2013, 4:05 am

The problem with both Max Adler and Grant Gustin is that their characters were not originally conceived as sympathetic and narratively came to a deadend. If anything their characters provoked GA antipathy. It was a pity because both actors were very talented.

Adam doesn't necessarily come with the same built in obsolescence.

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 1/26/2013, 4:14 am

^ adam's character starts from a blank slate so he's got hope. u r right that the other two's characters were written w/ a very limited way. but then if the writers REALLY wanted to do something they can bend backwards to make that happen - such as make blaine younger and make santana gay. nothing is set in stone. they can make dave graduate and go to school in NY. they can make Sebastian a graduate too and appear in NY. or whatever. anything can happen. we are not talking about reality. we are talking about stories that are created by human beings.

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 1/26/2013, 7:21 am

I don't even think having Adam being a senior at NYADA would be any kind of roadblock to a relationship with Kurt lasting beyond season 4 (if Kadam really takes off and the audience likes the relationship). Adam can remain in NY doing shows and auditioning and living with Kurt, so we can see a lot of them together.

And apparently all hope for Kadam isn't completely futile, going by RM's latest twitter Q&A (curtosy of our own JellyRolls).

Ranwing
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 67 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top