Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  Jellyrolls on 1/26/2013, 12:48 am

I posted the tweet on Oliver's facebook page, and he responded with this:

Just - proper wicked mate.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13



Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Posts : 6568
Join date : 2012-02-18
Location : Boston, Massachusetts
Real Name : Karen

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  MoviesAreLife on 1/26/2013, 12:52 am

Thank you, Erin! I think that a little positive feelings on this thread wouldn't be a bad thing. Although, I know it's the Snark and Bark thread, but it couldn't hurt to see things from a less negative standpoint. I personally feel that the writers are taking notice to how beautifully Chris has matured over the years....the rest of the world has, and now I think they are catching up. NYC, NYADA and Adam can all give them the excuse they need to push the issue more. He's all grown up. Also, I LOVE Kurt's feminine qualities as well...I think they are adorable. Actually, I think Kurt is this magical blend of the best of both masculine and feminine qualities. It's wonderful. He's wonderful. Btw, I love that Hummelberry hug gif! It's the sweetest thing ever! :D

And Marie, you're right about Blaine always getting complimented. Although, some of the people doing the complimenting may not be of sound mind or coming from a sincere place. Sebastian was a horndog who just wanted to get into his pants, and Tina has a borderline delusional, little fangirl crush on him. Of course she sees him as "perfect", but reality would slap her in the face if she ever were to call up Kurt and ask about the real reason behind the breakup (does she know he cheated?) But you're right...Blaine gets complimented far more than Kurt does. Lets hope that Adam and now Rachel will even that score a little more. Maybe RIB are feeding into the fantasy that the fangirls have about Blaine being their perfect, gay Ken...although, I doubt it. They made him screw up SO badly by cheating on Kurt. That will forever be a spot on his once squeaky clean reputation.

They did parallel Kurt with the girls, but I don't think it was as direct to say that Kurt would be the "girl" of the Kadam relationship, but it does reflect on his slightly feminine attributes. He did describe himself as an honorary girl once. But for all of his feminine qualities, he has some masculine ones as well (chivalry) and has made it clear that he identifies as a boy (refusing to dress as Frank for The Rocky Horror Picture Show, being upset at being named Prom Queen, refusing to wear a dress at Nationals). I think that Kurt can suprise us all with whatever is coming up next, just in case anyone ever sees him as the girl in the relationship. Either way, there is no denying his feminine side and, yes, people in general tend to see a homosexual couple as mimicing a straight couple in terms of gender roles. It's easy to see why a more feminine boy like Kurt can be considered the "girly" one next to a guy like Adam, who is more "boyish". Hell, even my ex girlfriend and I mimiced the male/female dynamic that straight couples have. I think most gay couples do. We didn't do it on purpose, it just happened. I was "the girl" and she was "the boy". Oftentimes, people mistook us for a straight couple in public and called her "Sir" all the time. And speaking from experience, niether one of us felt insulted by our gender roles. It just is what it is. BUT looks can be decieving, and just because it appears one way (this is the girl, that is the boy) doesn't mean that it is always that way 100 percent. The cool thing about gay couples is that gender roles are much more flexible than with straight couples. Kurt doesn't strike me as the type who would stand for being considered a "girl" all the time, nor should he be. But I don't think he would be as insulted by it as many would believe (the prom queen prank is a different story because that was just cruel).

I think that scene was more or less commenting on his wallflower attitude, which he does have. It doesn't mean that you are unattractive for real, it just means you're shy and have low self esteem. Look at Marley...she's beautiful but considers herself a wallflower also. And even if Ashley doesn't fit the stereotype of classic Hollywood beauty, neither does Lea, and Rachel is called hot all the time. Jenna and Venessa are both beautiful, IMO. Tina's attitude may suck, but there is no denying she's a gorgeous girl. But shyness and low self esteem is not a girl thing, it's a human thing that is very hard to overcome, warrented or not.

If anything, Kurt is BETTER than his other half. He is the most well rounded male character I've ever seen, with that beautiful blend and balance of masculine and feminine qualities. I hope the show makes this known someday. I also hope that Kurt realizes he IS a catch, because he IS. Thank you, Adam and Rachel, for telling it how it is. Please, continue. I simpily think that scene meant to say that Kurt has unfortunate, unfounded self esteem issues brought on by a lifetime of undeserved abuse and neglect brought on by ignorance, nothing more.

I don't think Kurt is at the bottom of the NYADA ladder. I think he's just totally unknown right now. He's brand new and he's a freshmen (that disgusting "Freshmen are pond scum" bias probably exists in that school, even Rachel was treated like crap by her teacher and fellow dancers for a while). He seems unknown, not looked down upon. I'm sure once Kurt finds his voice and his footing, he'll make great friends in that school and certainly with the college showchoir and maybe even the choir will gain popularity. There is nothing wrong with Kurt, but there are people out there who have something wrong with their perspectives on what is "right" and "good" and "normal". Kurt will shatter those biased veiws, as they are the problem of the veiwer, not the character. Remember that Kurt got into that school by pulling off the surprise audition of the century, so I'm sure that is going to help him down the road.


MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  ColferInspired on 1/26/2013, 1:14 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:Thank you, Erin! I think that a little positive feelings on this thread wouldn't be a bad thing. Although, I know it's the Snark and Bark thread, but it couldn't hurt to see things from a less negative standpoint. I personally feel that the writers are taking notice to how beautifully Chris has matured over the years....the rest of the world has, and now I think they are catching up. NYC, NYADA and Adam can all give them the excuse they need to push the issue more. He's all grown up. Also, I LOVE Kurt's feminine qualities as well...I think they are adorable. Actually, I think Kurt is this magical blend of the best of both masculine and feminine qualities. It's wonderful. He's wonderful. Btw, I love that Hummelberry hug gif! It's the sweetest thing ever! :D

And Marie, you're right about Blaine always getting complimented. Although, some of the people doing the complimenting may not be of sound mind or coming from a sincere place. Sebastian was a horndog who just wanted to get into his pants, and Tina has a borderline delusional, little fangirl crush on him. Of course she sees him as "perfect", but reality would slap her in the face if she ever were to call up Kurt and ask about the real reason behind the breakup (does she know he cheated?) But you're right...Blaine gets complimented far more than Kurt does. Lets hope that Adam and now Rachel will even that score a little more. Maybe RIB are feeding into the fantasy that the fangirls have about Blaine being their perfect, gay Ken...although, I doubt it. They made him screw up SO badly by cheating on Kurt. That will forever be a spot on his once squeaky clean reputation.

They did parallel Kurt with the girls, but I don't think it was as direct to say that Kurt would be the "girl" of the Kadam relationship, but it does reflect on his slightly feminine attributes. He did describe himself as an honorary girl once. But for all of his feminine qualities, he has some masculine ones as well (chivalry) and has made it clear that he identifies as a boy (refusing to dress as Frank for The Rocky Horror Picture Show, being upset at being named Prom Queen, refusing to wear a dress at Nationals). I think that Kurt can suprise us all with whatever is coming up next, just in case anyone ever sees him as the girl in the relationship. Either way, there is no denying his feminine side and, yes, people in general tend to see a homosexual couple as mimicing a straight couple in terms of gender roles. It's easy to see why a more feminine boy like Kurt can be considered the "girly" one next to a guy like Adam, who is more "boyish". Hell, even my ex girlfriend and I mimiced the male/female dynamic that straight couples have. I think most gay couples do. We didn't do it on purpose, it just happened. I was "the girl" and she was "the boy". Oftentimes, people mistook us for a straight couple in public and called her "Sir" all the time. And speaking from experience, niether one of us felt insulted by our gender roles. It just is what it is. BUT looks can be decieving, and just because it appears one way (this is the girl, that is the boy) doesn't mean that it is always that way 100 percent. The cool thing about gay couples is that gender roles are much more flexible than with straight couples. Kurt doesn't strike me as the type who would stand for being considered a "girl" all the time, nor should he be. But I don't think he would be as insulted by it as many would believe (the prom queen prank is a different story because that was just cruel).

I think that scene was more or less commenting on his wallflower attitude, which he does have. It doesn't mean that you are unattractive for real, it just means you're shy and have low self esteem. Look at Marley...she's beautiful but considers herself a wallflower also. And even if Ashley doesn't fit the stereotype of classic Hollywood beauty, neither does Lea, and Rachel is called hot all the time. Jenna and Venessa are both beautiful, IMO. Tina's attitude may suck, but there is no denying she's a gorgeous girl. But shyness and low self esteem is not a girl thing, it's a human thing that is very hard to overcome.

If anything, Kurt is BETTER than his other half. He is the most well rounded male character I've ever seen, with that beautiful blend and balance of masculine and feminine qualities. I hope the show makes this known someday. I also hope that Kurt realizes he IS a catch, because he IS. Thank you, Adam and Rachel, for telling it how it is. Please, continue. I simpily think that scene meant to say that Kurt has unfortunate, unfounded self esteem issues brought on by a lifetime of undeserved abuse and neglect brought on by ignorance, nothing more.

I don't think Kurt is at the bottom of the NYADA ladder. I think he's just totally unknown right now. He's brand new and he's a freshmen (that disgusting "Freshmen are pond scum" bias probably exists in that school, even Rachel was treated like crap by her teacher and fellow dancers for a while). He seems unknown, not looked down upon. I'm sure once Kurt finds his voice and his footing, he'll make great friends in that school and certainly with the college showchoir and maybe even the choir will gain popularity. There is nothing wrong with Kurt, but there are people out there who have something wrong with their perspectives on what is "right" and "good" and "normal". Kurt will shatter those biased veiws, as they are the problem of the veiwer, not the character. Remember that Kurt got into that school by pulling off the surprise audition of the century, so I'm sure that is going to help him down the road.


I adored your last post Heather, and I adore this one as well.

I understand where Marie is coming from, and it is frustating. But I am making myself see the positive things in Kurt's journey. If I didn't, I wouldn't be watching this show anymore.

Can someone be a sweetheart and post up the New York parts of this episode on Youtube please?

I don't want to see the McKinley side as I know I won't enjoy it.

ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8727
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  MoviesAreLife on 1/26/2013, 1:27 am

Thank you, Liz! Smile

I understand, too. You should have seen the meltdown I sent to my friend during the season three finale. It was a several page long rant about how much they torture Kurt and how much I hate it. But if I focus on what I don't like about the show, I'll have a heart attack. I believe that RM and company have good intentions overall, and I believe that Glee, despite all of its problems, is a good hearted show with good intentions at the core. Best of all, Glee saved Chris from Clovis and got him his start in Hollywood, and it introduced us to the lovely character of Kurt Hummel. There is alot of good to be had here. (Umm...should I move this off the Snark and Bark thread??)

I believe that all of the Kurt scenes can be found here: http://chriscolfernews.tumblr.com/tagged/4x11

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 1/26/2013, 1:31 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:Thank you, Liz! Smile

I understand, too. You should have seen the meltdown I sent to my friend during the season three finale. It was a several page long rant about how much they torture Kurt and how much I hate it. But if I focus on what I don't like about the show, I'll have a heart attack. I believe that RM and company have good intentions overall, and I believe that Glee, despite all of its problems, is a good hearted show with good intentions at the core. Best of all, Glee saved Chris from Clovis and got him his start in Hollywood, and it introduced us to the lovely character of Kurt Hummel. There is alot of good to be had here. (Umm...should I move this off the Snark and Bark thread??)

I believe that all of the Kurt scenes can be found here: http://chriscolfernews.tumblr.com/tagged/4x11

Good points. But I think Blaine should lose sometimes and Kurt should win sometimes. I don't like it that Blaine always seems to win. If I wrote for Glee I would make him lose sometimes and make Kurt win sometimes. Also I wish more people found out that Blaine cheated and blamed Kurt,and he got told off.


Last edited by FanofChrisC&MaxA1 on 1/26/2013, 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.

ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  MoviesAreLife on 1/26/2013, 1:31 am

I agree! Blaine gets too much adoration, gets off too much scott free....whereas Kurt can barely catch a break and seems to get the shitty end of the stick (to quote Carson) far too often. Also, it's about damned time that Kurt gets complimented too. I agree that there is a severe, unfair and unfounded imbalance there that needs to be corrected.

Maybe in a way, the writers are showing how unfair life can really be sometimes. I'm not saying it's right, but someone like Blaine will always have an easier time of it and more acceptance than someone like Kurt. It's very, very stupid, wrong and backwards. I don't think that the writers have anything against Chris or Kurt...but maybe they are just showing society's reactions to things. Hell, Ryan based Kurt a little off of himself...maybe he's putting his own hardships onto the character? Nonetheless, I think that things are finally getting better for Kurt and I know that, no matter what they throw at him, he will always rise above it. Blaine is nowhere near that strong.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 1/26/2013, 2:46 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:I agree! Blaine gets too much adoration, gets off too much scott free....whereas Kurt can barely catch a break and seems to get the shitty end of the stick (to quote Carson) far too often. Also, it's about damned time that Kurt gets complimented too. I agree that there is a severe, unfair and unfounded imbalance there that needs to be corrected.

Maybe in a way, the writers are showing how unfair life can really be sometimes. I'm not saying it's right, but someone like Blaine will always have an easier time of it and more acceptance than someone like Kurt. It's very, very stupid, wrong and backwards. I don't think that the writers have anything against Chris or Kurt...but maybe they are just showing society's reactions to things. Hell, Ryan based Kurt a little off of himself...maybe he's putting his own hardships onto the character? Nonetheless, I think that things are finally getting better for Kurt and I know that, no matter what they throw at him, he will always rise above it. Blaine is nowhere near that strong.

You could be right. I hope so. I hope the writters have nothing against Chris or Kurt. If so ,they should be very very ashamed of themselves. I also think things are finally geting better for Kurt. Just hope it lasts. I also agree Kurt is stonger than Blaine.


Last edited by FanofChrisC&MaxA1 on 1/26/2013, 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add on to post)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.

ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  Buenos on 1/26/2013, 4:08 am

Honestly I think we as Kurt fans, and I include myself, can get sometimes a little too caught up about Kurt/Blaine comparisons on the show .

The bottom line is that Kurt will probably go down as one of the most iconic characters in TV history, Chris Colfer is the most critically acclaimed of the younger actors on Glee, and the character of Kurt is the most well developed character on the show, with a real arc and journey, for all that the show has mishandled so much about him.

Yes we have legit reasons to gripe but at the same time the character of Kurt is so strong and indelible that it doesn't need excessive propping or contrived SLs to let us see how memorable he is.

Season 5 is pretty much a forgone conclusion so I'm here for the long haul. Smile

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6254
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  fantastica on 1/26/2013, 4:42 am

you are right. this is just a silly show and chris is an actor who is getting a career out of this and paid handsomely for his first job. otherwise don't take teh stories seriously. it's made for entertainment, not cerebral analysis.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9633
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  zuppid on 1/26/2013, 5:53 am



I'm so glad at least we did this...I'm so much in love with Adam that it is painful for me this "Klaineisendgame" crap...
I hope they change their minds and keep Adam but I don't hold my breath...I'll try to enjoy as much as I can Chris's beautiful face and the Kadam interactions.

But I think it's kind of funny that they know how much unhealty Klaine had become if acknowledging Kurt's self-confidence issue is any indication...

dryy


Last edited by zuppid on 1/26/2013, 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Posts : 234
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  fantastica on 1/26/2013, 5:57 am

i say don't bet on it. max adler had a lot of fans who were very vocal about bringing him back. so they did, for a few episodes, then completely done w/ him. i just wish adam/oliver has better luck w/ this show. granted he's got a very good resume...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9633
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 1/26/2013, 6:02 am

fantastica wrote:i say don't bet on it. max adler had a lot of fans who were very vocal about bringing him back. so they did, for a few episodes, then completely done w/ him. i just wish adam/oliver has better luck w/ this show. granted he's got a very good resume...

I agree. I admit that is one reason I no longer ship Kurtofsky, except in Fan Fiction.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.

ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  Buenos on 1/26/2013, 6:05 am

The problem with both Max Adler and Grant Gustin is that their characters were not originally conceived as sympathetic and narratively came to a deadend. If anything their characters provoked GA antipathy. It was a pity because both actors were very talented.

Adam doesn't necessarily come with the same built in obsolescence.

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6254
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  fantastica on 1/26/2013, 6:14 am

^ adam's character starts from a blank slate so he's got hope. u r right that the other two's characters were written w/ a very limited way. but then if the writers REALLY wanted to do something they can bend backwards to make that happen - such as make blaine younger and make santana gay. nothing is set in stone. they can make dave graduate and go to school in NY. they can make Sebastian a graduate too and appear in NY. or whatever. anything can happen. we are not talking about reality. we are talking about stories that are created by human beings.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9633
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  Ranwing on 1/26/2013, 9:21 am

I don't even think having Adam being a senior at NYADA would be any kind of roadblock to a relationship with Kurt lasting beyond season 4 (if Kadam really takes off and the audience likes the relationship). Adam can remain in NY doing shows and auditioning and living with Kurt, so we can see a lot of them together.

And apparently all hope for Kadam isn't completely futile, going by RM's latest twitter Q&A (curtosy of our own JellyRolls).


Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3523
Join date : 2012-07-18
Location : Levittown, NY
Real Name : Wendy

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  Jellyrolls on 1/26/2013, 12:59 pm

I'm glad that Ryan chose to respond to my tweet out of all of the tweets about Adam. It's been interesting seeing all of the tweets from the people responding. There is lot of Adam support out there, and the reasoning behind the Adam dislike, as we all knew, is that he is Blaine's competition. Some of them have been tweeting me that Joey and Tessa are the only good part of the apples. So yeah, we know where some people's loyalties lie.

I will have to say is that one thing that has been refreshing is to see some people who have said that they were expecting to hate Adam and they were for Klaine all the way. But when they saw Adam they liked him, and they want to see what happens between them.

I really hope that Ryan and the writers keep Adam around for a while. I think he's a good thing for the show. It can't be interesting for the writers or the actors to give into the Blainers and Klainers who favor Blaine all the time.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13



Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Posts : 6568
Join date : 2012-02-18
Location : Boston, Massachusetts
Real Name : Karen

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  M&M on 1/26/2013, 1:51 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I'm glad that Ryan chose to respond to my tweet out of all of the tweets about Adam. It's been interesting seeing all of the tweets from the people responding. There is lot of Adam support out there, and the reasoning behind the Adam dislike, as we all knew, is that he is Blaine's competition. Some of them have been tweeting me that Joey and Tessa are the only good part of the apples. So yeah, we know where some people's loyalties lie.

I will have to say is that one thing that has been refreshing is to see some people who have said that they were expecting to hate Adam and they were for Klaine all the way. But when they saw Adam they liked him, and they want to see what happens between them.

I really hope that Ryan and the writers keep Adam around for a while. I think he's a good thing for the show. It can't be interesting for the writers or the actors to give into the Blainers and Klainers who favor Blaine all the time.

I was so excited when I saw your tweet yesterday Smile Ditto on all of this, but I have a hard time trusting RM anymore. I keep thinking he is messing with the Klainers and is sick of them, but then I realize its Glee and I should always expect the worst.

Fact is, Chris and Oliver had great chemistry on screen. Adam has generated some buzz, and there has been a ton of tweets, good and bad, about him. Klainers are watching and will remain watching even if it is to send hate about Adam. RM knows he has them.

M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Posts : 813
Join date : 2012-02-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  sahhar on 1/26/2013, 3:39 pm

M&M wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:I'm glad that Ryan chose to respond to my tweet out of all of the tweets about Adam. It's been interesting seeing all of the tweets from the people responding. There is lot of Adam support out there, and the reasoning behind the Adam dislike, as we all knew, is that he is Blaine's competition. Some of them have been tweeting me that Joey and Tessa are the only good part of the apples. So yeah, we know where some people's loyalties lie.

I will have to say is that one thing that has been refreshing is to see some people who have said that they were expecting to hate Adam and they were for Klaine all the way. But when they saw Adam they liked him, and they want to see what happens between them.

I really hope that Ryan and the writers keep Adam around for a while. I think he's a good thing for the show. It can't be interesting for the writers or the actors to give into the Blainers and Klainers who favor Blaine all the time.

I was so excited when I saw your tweet yesterday Smile Ditto on all of this, but I have a hard time trusting RM anymore. I keep thinking he is messing with the Klainers and is sick of them, but then I realize its Glee and I should always expect the worst.

Fact is, Chris and Oliver had great chemistry on screen. Adam has generated some buzz, and there has been a ton of tweets, good and bad, about him. Klainers are watching and will remain watching even if it is to send hate about Adam. RM knows he has them.

Preach. I was so happy to see Ryan reply to Karen's tweet!. I also tweeted him yesterday letting him know I liked Adam and Kurt's chemistry, so glad to see there are people who liked Adam, and I also noticed just like you that a lot of Klainers (to my absolute surprise) were conflicted because they ship Klaine but also really like Adam and Kadam Smile . I really hope Ryan and Co pursue this storyline.

On the topic of Klainers, I wholeheartedly agree. A lot of them (maybe not all) are Darren fans, and as long as Darren (and Chris, for fans of both) are both on the show, Klainers will NEVER stop watching the show. Never, because they'll always want to see what happens next Smile . So Ryan really shouldn't worry about Klainers tuning off Glee, as long as their favorite actors/characters are on Glee, ex-boyfriends Klaine or not, they will continue watching.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1442
Join date : 2012-02-25
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  ColferGirl on 1/26/2013, 4:12 pm

Just so everyone knows, thanks to Karen getting Ryan's attention, we're (our forum) is getting some negative comments on tumblr. *shrugs* Most of it is just some Klaine fans saying that the posters here are going to keep tweeting to Ryan about wanting Kadam "even though we decided this before he ever appeared on the show" and encouraging other Klainers to tweet as much as possible about wanting Adam to be a friend, not a boyfriend.

We'll never ever beat the Klainers in a tweeting war because there's so many of them and a lot of them are young with tons of time on their hands. But I don't think we have to tweet more than them, just as long as we steadily do keep tweeting our own positive opinions about Adam and wanting him and Kurt to have a romantic relationship (and whatever else we want for Kurt, solos etc). We just have to have our voices heard, they don't have to be loudest or most often. And Ryan is definitely hearing us. So just keep it up, slowly and steadily, I think. hapitgh For example, there's thousands more Finchel fans than Brochel fans and they trend topics all the time, but Brochel is still going strong and lasting all season so far. Ryan doesn't always let the intense shippers get their way, at least not immediately.

As for us deciding to like Kadam before this week's episode even aired....the hypocrisy just makes me laugh. Because I know there were fan forums and fanfic and the like about Kurt and Blaine before Never Been Kissed ever aired. Same with TONS of fic and fanart about Blaine and Cooper before he ever even appeared, and Rachel and Brody, and Kurt and Sam, etc. etc. So that criticism is ridiculous and hypocritical. Especially now that a lot of us really do genuinely love Adam, after we've seen him, so things have changed now - we like him not just for the possibility anymore but because we truly love him and Kurt together.

Kinda off topic but - does it strike anyone else as a little odd that we have like, 150 registered posters here but only about 20 of us post regularly? Who are the rest of these people? Lurkers that are too shy (or don't have enough time) to post, so they just read? Or are some of them spies? blinkk And yes Glee fandom is absolutely immature enough to have spies.

ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Posts : 641
Join date : 2012-02-21
Location : Utah
Real Name : Erin

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  MoviesAreLife on 1/26/2013, 5:19 pm

What can I say? These little kids need to grow up and realize that "first loves" and high school romances never last anymore...that they are not meant to last forever in today's more realistic society. I don't care that Blaine is their perfect gay Ken...the fact is is that, not only has he hurt Kurt, but Kurt has outgrown him (literally moque ) emotionally and maturity wise. It's time for Kurt to move on from this boyish romance into something more adult and with more substance. They need to get over themselves and their Blaine worship. Kurt's life does not need to revolve around Blaine. Adam is SO much better for him in all ways and if they don't like that fact, well, tough shit. It is what it is. If they truly cared about Kurt, they'd want what's best for him...all of this selfish,immature whining makes it clear who they are really a fan of. Fine. Let them be Blaine fans...but leave Kurt alone. They need to understand that there is no such thing as an "endgame" in real life...if the show wants to go for a shred of reality, it would reflect this fact. This endgame that they keep pushing is only going to damage Kurt in the end.

As for all of the inactive members, I was a lurker for nine months before I worked up the courage to join and post. The fact is is that you don't have to be a member in order to "spy", seeing as I was enjoying this site daily without any of you ever knowing I was there. Luckily, I'm not a spy, just a Chris fan. Smile But I have no doubt that there are indeed spies with less than good intentions: Klaine shippers, Blainers, maybe even Chris haters. The majority of the "guests" are probably just like me: Chris fans who are maybe too shy to join? But there are less honorable lurkers out there, I'm sure. In order to shut them out, the board can be made private to where only logged in members can see what goes on. I'm aware that some other boards have already done this in order to keep out a creepy stalker (you all know who I'm talking about). And hey, if I can join after nine months, then I'm sure all of the legit Chris fans can as well.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  Divalicious on 1/26/2013, 6:07 pm

Regarding spies and agendas, this fandom from the get go has blinders on. If it is regarding someone you like, they are perfect, should have even more songs and should be desired by the other characters as much as the fan desires the character. If it is someone you don't like, or don't approve of what they represent, it is more why the hell give them anything at all.

Glee, to me, was supposed to be about all the underdogs and losers in the world of teendom. Who discover, once they enter the adult world, there are places for each and everyone of them, you just have to find them. Places where even as a "loser" you can excel. Look at the geek assumption, pocket protectors and glasses in high school, making 6 figures in the adult world, where a jock may be working at a menial job forever, lamenting his or her high school popularity. It was about these losers excelling in what they do, gaining confidence and finding their way in the world.

Glee kind of lost that in seasons 2 and 3, working on the ships, insulating characters (partially because they have so many) in pairings so they stagnated. They also began to focus on the "beautiful and perfect" rather than the underdogs.

I do think Glee is trying to work their way out of that, with various amounts of success. They bit the bullet and broke people up, so we can see them interact with more than just their LI. They are creating less perfect creatures, even if they don't seem to make up their mind on Blaine. They give him flaws, but then mitigate by having him have a broship, and a girl seeking the stars in his eyes. Rachel they are being a lot more daring with, but I think this is to make Brody more sympathetic, because people just aren't latching onto him.

As for people blaming us for trying to push Adam, why not? I am all for Kurt getting to interact with anyone, because everyone sees a person differently, and brings out different aspects of a person. It also is true that while Blaine adored Kurt, he also was insecure, immature, and unaware that he kind of hogs the spotlight his boyfriend would like to share from time to time. Kurt isn't perfect either, and I would never want him to be. I love his snark, and his sweet insecurities. When he has a victory I get to celebrate myself because they aren't constant. When he gets a compliment, you realize how little positive and specific reinforcement he's had in his life. Blaine may love him, but the writers rarely went into any details, other than you are adorable, or the most interesting kid in Lima. That doesn't say things about how attractive you find the other. Kurt has said several times how handsome Blaine is, but I don't recall Blaine ever returning the favor. That doesn't mean that he wouldn't, just that for whatever reason, the writers just don't go there. That just isn't how they write Blaine. But Adam, they do go there, he compliments Kurt, and makes sure that Kurt accepts it.

I am a Klainer only to the aspect that I do believe it is endgame for the writers, and so to make sure I can enjoy my Kurt as much as possible I accept the Blaine aspect. I don't dislike Blaine, but I also don't adulate him either, he's just kind of there for me. I can enjoy Kadam, because I am invested in the Kurt aspect of it, and Adam seems quite agreeable. Oliver seems personable and talented. So why not? Again, the people saying we are pushing for this are likely the same who pushed for Blaine and Sebastian, and Blaine and anyone else. Just your point of view, which young kids seem to assume is the only correct point of view. Any deviation from what they perceive is heinous and wrong, and what could you be thinking. They just don't have the maturity to realize that each person like what they like. I didn't watch Glee and decide, yep, that is the person I am going to like, it just happened. I loved Kurt from the get go, and it has evolved as he has, mainly because I also have developed an adoration of all that is Chris Colfer. Others may not like them, I don't agree with them, but I also won't argue with them, because you can't change what people feel. I do feel they are missing out, and I am sure they feel the same way about some of my own views.

That is also why I don't care what people might say about this forum, or the things we post. We have a right to feel what we do, and so do they. I don't go posting hate on anyone on their fan sites, just like I wouldn't accept anyone posting hate about Chris/Kurt here. I may grouse about certain characters, their over exposure IMO, but I don't go posting that in places with multi fandom. There is far too much bullying in internet fandoms, it seems, and we have to take the good with the bad. We have this lovely forum, which I have posted on far more since it's conception, than the entire time I dwelt on another fan forum. We have a community, small as it may be, that discuss a lovely character and talented actor. I am quite content to occasionally lurk elsewhere, but will leave them to their devices, and happily post here.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1284
Join date : 2012-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  Catt24 on 1/26/2013, 6:33 pm

ColferGirl wrote:Just so everyone knows, thanks to Karen getting Ryan's attention, we're (our forum) is getting some negative comments on tumblr. *shrugs* Most of it is just some Klaine fans saying that the posters here are going to keep tweeting to Ryan about wanting Kadam "even though we decided this before he ever appeared on the show" and encouraging other Klainers to tweet as much as possible about wanting Adam to be a friend, not a boyfriend.

We'll never ever beat the Klainers in a tweeting war because there's so many of them and a lot of them are young with tons of time on their hands. But I don't think we have to tweet more than them, just as long as we steadily do keep tweeting our own positive opinions about Adam and wanting him and Kurt to have a romantic relationship (and whatever else we want for Kurt, solos etc). We just have to have our voices heard, they don't have to be loudest or most often. And Ryan is definitely hearing us. So just keep it up, slowly and steadily, I think. hapitgh For example, there's thousands more Finchel fans than Brochel fans and they trend topics all the time, but Brochel is still going strong and lasting all season so far. Ryan doesn't always let the intense shippers get their way, at least not immediately.

As for us deciding to like Kadam before this week's episode even aired....the hypocrisy just makes me laugh. Because I know there were fan forums and fanfic and the like about Kurt and Blaine before Never Been Kissed ever aired. Same with TONS of fic and fanart about Blaine and Cooper before he ever even appeared, and Rachel and Brody, and Kurt and Sam, etc. etc. So that criticism is ridiculous and hypocritical. Especially now that a lot of us really do genuinely love Adam, after we've seen him, so things have changed now - we like him not just for the possibility anymore but because we truly love him and Kurt together.

Kinda off topic but - does it strike anyone else as a little odd that we have like, 150 registered posters here but only about 20 of us post regularly? Who are the rest of these people? Lurkers that are too shy (or don't have enough time) to post, so they just read? Or are some of them spies? blinkk And yes Glee fandom is absolutely immature enough to have spies.

I'm here, but I've been way too busy and fed up with certain parts of the Klaine fandom to really gripe about their immature tirades. Please note that I do not think all fans of Klaine are immature. I have seen some Klainers who are really thoughtful to BOTH Kurt & Blaine, and to be critical of the writing of that dynamic. However, that seems to be muted when some of the more louder sect of that fandom seems to make their opinions heard in a manner that is often un-becoming and rude, especially towards Chris himself (as evidence by the latest tweets of his so-called "fans" last night). It's funny that Chris made that comment about Kurt & Klaine and compared it to the Twilight fandom because he's right on the money. It's like they expect Chris (and esp. Kurt) to be some sort of male Kristen Stewart version or some love struck co-star who is a complete sycophant working with Darren, as oppose to acting like a professional, and being pragmatic about the writing and characters. Besides, RM and some fans have already occupied the sycophant role even if Chris wanted to at this point in time. I truly blame RM for his lack of objectivity when it comes Blaine/Darren in fueling this "Blaine can do wrong, but it's all good because he's such a teenage dream that anyone would be so lucky to have him, let's have him sing and be shirtless" trope that he's feeding onto the show and the fans. Which is in similar respects, to how he writes for Kurt who has become a pacifist, with no fire or spunk because RM wants a moral PSA avatar, who has lost his own agency for the last 2 seasons. :( Mad

As far as Adam goes, I like Oliver/Adam, but I wished, instead of bringing him in on as student, that they would've brought him on as a young TA just because he comes off more as TA than a fellow student, and that would've been a more interesting & believable dynamic. I gotta confess, I did not care for Baby Got Back or the performance. I just hate the song and while I understand the controversy surrounding it, let's be real, this song is idiotic and isn't worth loosing a sleep for.. Anyways, I don't get the constant gripe about his age considering that I grew up watching 90210, soaps that often cast male 20 somethings to act opposite real-life 15-16 year old female actresses (that was so skeevy). So Oliver being in his late twenties (early thirties) and working alongside Chris, who is in his early twenties is not a big deal to me.. It's called suspension of disbelief, and I'm willing to go for the ride. However, I don't think Adam or Kadam will overtake the Klaine ship even if would make the best sense of direction for BOTH Kurt & Blaine to part in this point in time because Ryan has a personal stake with Klaine (citing that it mirrors his own personal relationship). Although, I do think showing support towards an alternative to Klaine/Blaine could at least slow down the Klaine endgame engine, and remind RIB that fans care for Kurt outside of Klaine/Blaine relationship.

Overall, I'm just watching Kurt's storyline with a detached prism because I don't have any confidence that it would lead to a satisfying conclusion at this rate, especially with the spoilers as of late.



Last edited by Catt24 on 1/26/2013, 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More thoughts to add)

Catt24
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Posts : 68
Join date : 2012-03-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  ColferGirl on 1/26/2013, 6:52 pm

Divalicious wrote: That is also why I don't care what people might say about this forum, or the things we post. We have a right to feel what we do, and so do they. I don't go posting hate on anyone on their fan sites, just like I wouldn't accept anyone posting hate about Chris/Kurt here. I may grouse about certain characters, their over exposure IMO, but I don't go posting that in places with multi fandom. There is far too much bullying in internet fandoms, it seems, and we have to take the good with the bad. We have this lovely forum, which I have posted on far more since it's conception, than the entire time I dwelt on another fan forum. We have a community, small as it may be, that discuss a lovely character and talented actor. I am quite content to occasionally lurk elsewhere, but will leave them to their devices, and happily post here.

You're right. I'll try not to let comments about our forum bother me. I love it here and everyone who posts here, so who cares what they think. hapitgh

Catt24 wrote: I'm here, but I've been way too busy and fed up with certain parts of the Klaine fandom to really gripe about their immature tirades. Please note that I do not think all fans of Klaine are immature. I have seen some Klainers who are really thoughtful to BOTH Kurt & Blaine, and to be critical of the writing of that dynamic. However, that seems to be muted when some of the more louder sect of that fandom seems to make their opinions heard in a manner that is often un-becoming and rude, especially towards Chris himself (as evidence by the latest tweets of his so-called "fans" last night).

At the bolded, I agree. There's at least fifteen wonderful Klainers that I follow on tumblr that are very thoughtful and sweet, and as you said, are critical of Kurt and Blaine's storyline. Not in a hateful way, but they don't glorify it or ignore its flaws, even though they love it still. A lot of them are multishippers, and are really excited and enthusiastic about Kadam too. There really are nice, mature Klainers - and they're in their 20s or above, not just teens (though I've met an awesome, well-spoken teen fan as well!). I try to follow Klainers that are clear Kurtsies as well, and put Kurt first. They do exist. They're fun and awesome to listen to and make great meta posts and so on. Smile but I'm really shy on tumblr so I mainly lurk on their blogs like a creeper but I do enjoy them

That's why it's really frustrating that everyone is at each other's throat all the time over just fictional couples. :( I've seen those same multi-shipping Klaine fans I spoke of, who never say anything mean and who tag all their posts correctly, get so much anonymous hate for stating their well thought-out opinions or daring to like Kurbastian/Hevans/what have you but especially Kadam. Klaine fans are being bullied by Klaine fans, it's sad. :( (and I know it's some Klaine fans posting the hate by what they say) I know I've said my fair share of negative comments about Blaine/Klaine and had rage moments, but I've never went after someone personally like that, they can ship Klaine and I can ship Kadam and it's all good. For a show about tolerance and love, I wish Glee fandom was less hateful, on all sides of the spectrum. But it's really hard. It's hard not to feel angry and hateful back, after seeing such nasty awful things some Klainers tweet Chris and other shippers or some of their horrible, obliviously hurtful posts and anonymous bullying like that.


However, I do not think Adam or Kadam will overtake the Klaine ship even if would make the best sense of direction for BOTH Kurt & Blaine because Ryan has a personal stake with Klaine (citing that it mirrors his own personal relationship). Although, I do think showing support towards an alternative to Klaine/Blaine could at least slow down the Klaine endgame engine. Overall, I'm just watching Kurt's storyline with a detached prism because I don't have any confidence that it would lead to a satisfying conclusion at this rate.

Also agreed. I don't think anyone here, or anyone I've seen who likes Kadam, genuinely believes Kadam will overtake Klaine and become the new "endgame". I think mostly people are just hoping that the inevitable Klaine reunion can be pushed back, and delayed farther, so that Kadam can last longer before it ends. I just want to enjoy Kurt and Adam together as long as I can, as much as I can. That's what I'm hoping tweeting to Ryan does for us - makes him see how much some people love Kadam, so he'll let them have more episodes together before Klaine get back together. Not ditch Klaine altogether, which I'm sure will never happen. But if I can have Kadam for the rest of this season, and maybe an epic Adam/Kurt/Blaine triangle next season for a few episodes before Kurt returns to Blaine? That would be awesome. That would make me happy. That's the best I'm wishing for. And then in my personal headcanon/fanon, I can have Kurt still be with Adam. Just look at all the Kurbastian fics and videos and fanart that exist - Kadam will live on in the fandom, and get just as much if not more fics/art/videos than them because it was actually temporarily canon. There's still good things to look forward to. And often, fanfics are written better than canon anyhow. Smile


Last edited by ColferGirl on 1/26/2013, 7:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Posts : 641
Join date : 2012-02-21
Location : Utah
Real Name : Erin

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  Glorfindel on 1/26/2013, 6:59 pm

The new ship war is spreading and it's getting really ridiculous.

But besides the Klaine<>Kadam ship war, I think there is more going on. There is definitely also a Lima<>New York 'war' going on, and connected to that a Blaine<>Adam war that goes beyond the best bf competition for Kurt.

If New York gets (even) more popular because of Adam and his Apples, the Gleeks who prefer Lima will see their branch of Glee lose screentime. We all know that Glee is bleeding viewers and that a lot of people in the fandom and the business think that the noobs and the Lima part is causing this hemorrhage. The Lima fans fear that next year Fox will drop the Lima part, and so of course they are against any new positive buzz of the New York part.
The Blaine loving Klainers have even more of a stake in this, as Adam does not only threatens their Klaine, but also Lima where their Blaine is supposed to be the leading man to anchor that part. And there are a lot of people also agreeing that Darren is not up to that task. If Lima does get dropped next year in favor of New York it can be seen as a confirmation that Blaine indeed fell short (hehe) this season. (But of course his fans will spin it that when Blaine has graduated and gone to New York Lima loses its star quality). Rolling Eyes


Last edited by Glorfindel on 1/26/2013, 7:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel

Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8602
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  tanita_mors on 1/26/2013, 7:45 pm

if the glee creators are smart at all, if glee goes into season 5 and new york becomes prominent and if blaine get into nyada (which we all know is imminent) and if adam continues to garner ok reviews from general audience and fandom, they have their gay love triangle for next year. adam can be a young teaching assistant after graduating (he is a senior right), and he will be there to tempt kurt. not into cheating mind you, but to be there and create some natural friction. god knows klaine is one of the dullest onscreen couples i have ever seen, and a love triangle is the only way they are willing to create tension. frankly, i would love if once and for all we came back to that huge missed opportunity from i am unicorn - the unusual situation of a 2 people in a relationship going for the same parts and goals. 2 stars dating and the sure tension that comes from that. it's a very specific situation for klaine given that they are the only same sex couple with the same goal. it's unfortunate that the creators chickened out and just declared blaine the perfection for everything because that has no baring in reality. i want kurt's need to succeed and knowledge that he is good and deserves the spotlight for it to clash with blaine's constant need for attention and entitlement at the spotlight.(in this instance bliane is the male version of rachel) i want them pitted against each other and for all the flows of their characters to come right out in the open.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________




tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : Serbia
Real Name : Ivana

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:35 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum