Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

+32
ladydianab
BlueJazz
bayth
sjonnepon
Dame Loli
emilynna
MissSoniaPP
brisallie
sheny
coxfire
opals
glimmerle
arina
valkeakuulas
CloveGlee
Ireth
Delight
tanita_mors
Glorfindel
Catt24
Divalicious
ColferGirl
sahhar
M&M
Ranwing
zuppid
fantastica
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
MoviesAreLife
Jellyrolls
36 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 25 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  arina 3/5/2013, 6:19 am

I personally have a good opinion of Darren, but he is very (over)friendly to his fans and I think his problem is he cannot say "no" to them, even if sometimes he definitely should because satisfying fans like on the SBL premiere was not appropriate... I know some of the others were signing too but because they weren't that interesting as Darren for fans it was not that visible and did not bring that much attention.

I did not hear about Chris refusing to sign on the Ambers's event saying it was her night. But I know that some people were angry he did not come to stage door for signing - which I personally think woud be very inappropriate of him if he went to sign to the stage door that it is place for stars of the show.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 25 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  sheny 3/5/2013, 6:23 am

Glorfindel wrote:^But Darren didn't only pose for pictures: he signed autographs when it wasn't appropiate, namely in the theatre self.
According to reports Darren didn't go to his seat right away, but was standing around very obviously to be noticed, and then fans approached him for pictures and autographs (in the theatre where SBL was about to be shown!), and he let them! Apparently quite a few people in the theatre, including people in the business (who don't really know Darren) were annoyed by that. That will not help his career, I bet.
This should never have happened. Even if fans approached Darren against his will he should have told him "No, not now, this is Chris' night: maybe later in the lobby", but he didn't. There's no excuse for that, imo. No

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw on tumblr that the distributors who want 'Imogene' in the French cinemas are urging people to go see SBL when it is shown in the French theatres, because if SBL gets more viewers it will help 'Imogene' get more theatre deals and locations when it comes out a few months after SBL. (source)
So not only Darren wants to ride Chris' coattails, but the distributors of 'his' movie too. :angry:

I agree that he should have acted differently. My comment was only about the red carped photos.

bou thet SBL/Imogene talk on Facebook I think those people are just some delusional Darren Criss stans who shouldn't be taken too seriously. Let them discuss and do whatever they want. In the end it will probably only help SBL do better in France. I don't understand how SBL'doing well can help ''Imogene''. They are done from different people, with different actors. The only thing they have in common is the fact that Chris and Darren work together on a TV show.

What annoys me about ''Imogene'', I may even watch it because I like Kristen, is his stans who constanly call it Darren's new movie. It's not his, it's Kristen Wiig's. He didn't wrote it or produced, he is just in a supporting role. It's like calling SBL Rebel Wilson's new movie. Why these people have to make everything about him? Mad

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/5/2013, 7:24 am

I don't think walking the red carpet was that bad. It's common for celebrities to walk the red carpet when they attend an event (if memory serves me correctly, Chris and other Glee cast members were photographed on the red carpet at the New Years Eve premiere). But signing autographs and posing for pictures with fans was crossing the line.

Regarding the adult characters on Glee, just wanted to comment that Jayma Mays and Dot Marie have guest star status so they aren't paid every week the way Matt, Chris, and Lea are when they aren't on he show.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/5/2013, 10:09 am

sheny wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:^But Darren didn't only pose for pictures: he signed autographs when it wasn't appropiate, namely in the theatre self.
According to reports Darren didn't go to his seat right away, but was standing around very obviously to be noticed, and then fans approached him for pictures and autographs (in the theatre where SBL was about to be shown!), and he let them! Apparently quite a few people in the theatre, including people in the business (who don't really know Darren) were annoyed by that. That will not help his career, I bet.
This should never have happened. Even if fans approached Darren against his will he should have told him "No, not now, this is Chris' night: maybe later in the lobby", but he didn't. There's no excuse for that, imo. No

I saw on tumblr that the distributors who want 'Imogene' in the French cinemas are urging people to go see SBL when it is shown in the French theatres, because if SBL gets more viewers it will help 'Imogene' get more theatre deals and locations when it comes out a few months after SBL. (source)
So not only Darren wants to ride Chris' coattails, but the distributors of 'his' movie too. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 25 3181402168

I agree that he should have acted differently. My comment was only about the red carped photos.

bou thet SBL/Imogene talk on Facebook I think those people are just some delusional Darren Criss stans who shouldn't be taken too seriously. Let them discuss and do whatever they want. In the end it will probably only help SBL do better in France. I don't understand how SBL'doing well can help ''Imogene''. They are done from different people, with different actors. The only thing they have in common is the fact that Chris and Darren work together on a TV show.

What annoys me about ''Imogene'', I may even watch it because I like Kristen, is his stans who constanly call it Darren's new movie. It's not his, it's Kristen Wiig's. He didn't wrote it or produced, he is just in a supporting role. It's like calling SBL Rebel Wilson's new movie. Why these people have to make everything about him? Mad

I see that all the time, and get angry. He is not even a lead. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 25 3181402168
Maybe I am being unfair about Darren, but when I try to like him again, I see something that he has done and said and I get angry again.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/5/2013, 10:59 am

ColferInspired wrote:
sheny wrote:

So not only Darren wants to ride Chris' coattails, but the distributors of 'his' movie too. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 25 3181402168

I see that all the time, and get angry. He is not even a lead. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 25 3181402168
Maybe I am being unfair about Darren, but when I try to like him again, I see something that he has done and said and I get angry again.

You know, I realize that a lot of my dislike for Darren stems from the behavior of his stans, which probably is a bit unfair to Darren.

But at the same time, I also realize that Darren uses his stans to his advantage, and doesn't do anything to discourage their behavior. So much of what he does is to get a reaction from his stans. And I do believe that he does what he can to stay on Chris' coattails whenever possible to make himself more relevant.

Recent case in point, when he retweeted Jesse Tyler Ferguson's comment on his birthday--which Jesse removed from his own timeline, but still remains on Darren's timeline a month later. Darren knew full well how the stans would react to that type of comment, and that is why he retweeted it. It's disrespectful to Chris, and it's disrespectful to Jesse--who I do believe was trying to make a little joke, not realize the nuttiness of the crisscolfer stans.

Darren is the king of self promotion, and he takes full advantage of every opportunity. I get that this is Hollywood, and you need to do self-promotion. Showing up at events, and getting photgraphed is all part of the Hollywood game. But at the same time, you have to balance the opportunities, and use them appropriately. Darren does things to pull focus on himself (like what seems to be the trademark Starkid goofy open mouth grin in group photos so the eye is drawn to them, or things like falling out of the limo that time). All stars want to be noticed when they go to events, but Darren goes out of his way to make himself noticed, and that's the difference between him and most others who walk the red carpet.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 3/5/2013, 1:33 pm

I personnaly don't mind Darren. I think that he tends to overpander to his fans, without thinking through the impacts of his behaviour all the time. I don't think he's malevolent per se., but that he doesn't measure all the time the repercussions of his actions when it comes to fan pandering.

The Blainestans, that's something else. When I read stupidities like "In the real world, Blaine would never date Kurt, he deserves so much better" that infuriates me beyond reason. Because 1) I have a lot of gay friends, and, just as in heterosexual couples, there are a lot of diversity in couples and 2) On what criteria is Blaine so much better than Kurt? His looks? Well, taste is subjective and I don't think Blaine is the most handsome guy on the planet, and don't find him more attractive than Kurt (but I blame the show for creating this rift). His personnality? PLEASE!! Kurt HAS a personnality, he IS a well-rounded character. We know his qualities (smart, witty, fighter, caring, loyal) and his flaws (stubborn, high maintenance, intransigeant), we know his passions and what he hates. Even Blaine called him "the most interesting kid of Ohio". Blaine, on the contrary, I don't know. He sings. But what drives him? I don't know.
When I read Blaine stans saying that "Blaine benefited from S4", I'm like, WHAT? He polluted infected invested a lot of screentime, but did he EVOLVE? Was he DEVELOPPED as a character? No. He moped from 405 to 409, was oblivious to Tina from 411 to 414, crushed on Sam all the while still clinging to Kurt. Did he go through an interesting journey, a significant one with resonance through the viewers? NO.
I guess that if I didn't read left and right that Blaine is the frigging gift to this world, I wouldn't get so pissed, but seeing people praising one of the blandest character ever? THAT irks me to no end.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/5/2013, 1:57 pm

I used to don't dislike Darren, actually he was bearable for me. But after realized that he tends to please his fans wherever he's, even when is his friend's premiere for instance, I started to dislike that behaviour. Because is so show off. I understand that you must be there for your fans, but there're moments and moments. Actually this bring to my mind some nasty comparisons, that it says Darren is nice all the time, while Chris isn't. Umm maybe the difference is that one of them know how to behave in the right situations.

Currently, I'm not sure what are my feelings toward Darren, I just trying to not pay attention. But I'm agree in something with all of you: blarrenstans are insufferable.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 3/5/2013, 2:51 pm

After a very good night sleep, a busy day at work and some nice unGlee chats with friends, I start to feel so much better now.

I decided I still like Darren and partially Blaine and blame, once again, FOX and RIB for not being capable to create a fair, balanced cast. I will blame them even more how neglectful they've been to Chris this season for giving him almost nothing to do. I sincerely believe that they think that him (and Lea) are so popular, talented and famous that they do not need a lot of screentime. Of course everytime he (and partially her) are shown, they do steal the scene. It doesn't change the fact however that their storylines are limited, and in case of Kurt, always supporting. They also damage Blaine and therefore Darren. People (aka: me) will notice and eventually get vocal about their dislike for his characters. Not only Darren fans can be loud on the internet.

Consequently, I enjoy the outrage on Tumblr so much. People, also outside of the Kurt/Klaine fandom do notice. A lot seem to complain. Kurt fans apparently reached the tip of the iceberg with CWM and the lack of spoilers and started to get really vocal with their disapproval. There is no way that FOX and RIB will not hear about the complains. Probably it won't bother them and they won't change anything anyway, but even the patience of the hardest fans will eventually disappear. I really doubt they want to experience the consequences if Kurt fans just cannot handle the treatment anymore and simply stop watching.

(...I really laugh about my first sentence now. Apparently there is still a lot of anger fanny2 ).
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 3/5/2013, 3:04 pm

Since I've never met him, and don't really pay attention to any on-line stuff negative or positive about him, I try not to form an opinion on Darren. Blarren fans, the vocal fanbase, however, are insufferable. They get tons of stuff that ends up meaning nothing, read a lot into it, and still demand more. These people are at the emotional level of a 5 year old, who has to be taught how to share. Unfortunately, they have a lenient Mommy in RIB, who allow them to get everything they want, and pander for more. The rest of the kids, in this case, the actors, get to suffer from neglect.

I used to be a Klainer, mainly because I wanted Kurt to be in a happy relationship, and he was happy. But when it skewed to Kurt gets stories of angst and loss, and Blaine is handed the same stories and ends up winning everything, I became more and more against the relationship. When the Blarren fans started on with justifying all Blaine's negative actions (slut shaming Kurt for texting while justifying when he cheats) it has truly turned me against Klaine. Mainly because it will never be allowed to be an equal partnership, one of the main reasons I never got behind Finchel or Brittana. One partner is always superior to the other, in screen time (or acting skills) and the other gets to wait on their behavior.

Most television shows aren't good about writing relationships, if you look at them. Most are cheating, getting killed off, there is rarely a healthy relationship shown on a regular basis on screen. Glee, in catering to the more youthful fanbase, makes the relationships even more unreal. In reality, while she is a pretty girl, and extremely talented, I don't think so many guys would be knocking on Rachel's highly demanding door. Does she allow Brody to poop in the same house, like when she expected Finn to go home to take care of his business. In reality, Kurt is a good looking, talented, family oriented, extremely flexible, emotionally stable guy who can cook and make his own clothes-his door would be battered down by guys lining up the hallway. Same with Santana being allowed to be a bitch queen left and right and people let her, and she gets to believe that people love her for keeping it real. In reality people would lay the verbal smack down on her and get her to mend her ways, treat your friends well, or not have them.

Glee ignores reality to be able to write the characters the way they want. They go more for the line or the moment rather than a continued thought. Kurt's entrance to NYADA was refused solely to have Rachel have her That Girl moment in NY at the end of the episode, I am truly convinced. They don't think of how focusing on these little visual moments impacts the story.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 3/5/2013, 3:35 pm

Monica and Chandler is an outstanding example how to write a serious, happy couple with realistic parameters. Both also received a fair share of individual and couple storylines. The golden days! But you are right, most shows are incapable to write interesting and content relationships. It is such a waste and shame because they are so many comedic/dramatic stories to be told about great relationships.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/5/2013, 4:28 pm

i think part of the problem w/ most show is that they only carefully think about the pilot. it's the make or break episode - you either get the a whole season (and maybe beyond) or you don't. people put a lot of thoughts in the pilot, but since most shows in planning never reach pilot and most pilots don't become a series, show runners are better off coming up w/ new shows to pitch to the networks rather than wasting time on multiple episodes of storylines and characters that may very likely never be shown. But once the series is confirmed they have little time to get a whole season produced from that pilot alone! now they have to scramble w/ characters and storylines and cliff hangers and whatever tricks they can use to jack up the ratings and attract eye balls. plans change from episode to episode and lack of cohesion and continuity are very common. this is especially true w/ mystery series. think about Twin Peaks and Lost. They started w/ a huge bang - very interesting mysteries that defy common sense. people got glued to the TV because they need to find out "how" and "why", but not even the writers had any clue as to how and why. so they just dragged it on and on. creating more mysteries but never any solutions. by the very end you feel like cheated big time!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Adamina 3/5/2013, 4:40 pm

Divalicious wrote:

They go more for the line or the moment rather than a continued thought. Kurt's entrance to NYADA was refused solely to have Rachel have her That Girl moment in NY at the end of the episode, I am truly convinced. They don't think of how focusing on these little visual moments impacts the story.

Definitely agree with this!
Adamina
Adamina
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/5/2013, 5:15 pm

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 25 Tumblr_mj74i5Y7wo1qbqtkso1_1280

apps.fanappz.com

How not to get angry when Fox has a poll for favourite solo on Glee and none of Kurt's solos is included. Even Puck's ''Sweet Caroline'' is on the list, Cassandra's ''Americano" and "It's Not Right But It's OK". 4 Blaine solos OMG I hate them. It's like FOX has made enraging me their mission in life. Evil or Very Mad

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 3/5/2013, 5:47 pm

sheny wrote:Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 25 Tumblr_mj74i5Y7wo1qbqtkso1_1280

apps.fanappz.com

How not to get angry when Fox has a poll for favourite solo on Glee and none of Kurt's solos is included. Even Puck's ''Sweet Caroline'' is on the list, Cassandra's ''Americano" and "It's Not Right But It's OK". 4 Blaine solos OMG I hate them. It's like FOX has made enraging me their mission in life. Evil or Very Mad

Up until yesterday, I thought I was paranoid but I slowly start to wonder if they actually really plan to write Kurt off the show... The entire decision-making process about Kurt and his storylines just doesn't add up anymore... However, people on facebook call Fox out on the lack of Kurt. Or are those people actually around here??! fanny2
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/5/2013, 6:57 pm

they can write him out of the show but nobody will be watching anyway.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 3/5/2013, 7:17 pm

sheny wrote:

I was about to say the same thing. The bias they display when it comes to forcing the public to love/support Blaine is rage-inducing. They are definitely trying to make him the leading man of Glee.

I just feel slightly insulted that they think those high production numbers with mediocre quality singing would be the ones that people would vote on the most.

Lottie2303 wrote:
Up until yesterday, I thought I was paranoid but I slowly start to wonder if they actually really plan to write Kurt off the show... The entire decision-making process about Kurt and his storylines just doesn't add up anymore... However, people on facebook call Fox out on the lack of Kurt. Or are those people actually around here??! fanny2

When Kurt gets written off the show, I shall relish seeing it sink to the bottom of the ocean. Actually, no. I won't even be sticking around to see it sink.

Gah! Glee is generating too much negative feelings in me. I think I need to take a break from it.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 3/5/2013, 7:47 pm

I just focus on fast forwarding through everything non-Kurt related, which means I only get about 2 minutes, if that much (see episode 18 spoilers). Push Blaine, push Blam, push Jarley, push Bram. Few crumbs to Finn, Will and Emma, and the rest to Rachel. Seems about where they are going. I will have no problem quitting the show once Chris is off, either before or after it ends. Well, after it ends I will have to quit, but I won't miss it. Just Chris.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/6/2013, 4:11 pm

I don't think Ryan would ever write Chris off the show. If Chris ever were to leave, I think it would be by his own choice. There would be too much hate for RIB if they were to ever force him off the show. He is one of the most popular actors and popular characters on the show. If they did that, they'd lose even more watchers. People would boycott the show. No Kurt (or Rachel), no Glee. Period.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 3/6/2013, 4:26 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:I don't think Ryan would ever write Chris off the show. If Chris ever were to leave, I think it would be by his own choice. There would be too much hate for RIB if they were to ever force him off the show. He is one of the most popular actors and popular characters on the show. If they did that, they'd lose even more watchers. People would boycott the show. No Kurt (or Rachel), no Glee. Period.

They would be incredible stupid to write Chris off. Furthermore, that idea is most likely my own paranoia. Considering that they released so many Kurt pictures today (yesterday?) has most likely to do with all the outrage concerning Kurt (CWM, lack of spoilers, neglect in most popular songs). It proved me again that FOX knows he is a cash cow and they would rather chop of their arms then to fire him. I really started to doubt that... I also do not believe Chris wants to quit yet, so all we can hope that he finally gets some focus.

My mind was racing and REALLY angry the last days. Therefore all those outlandish theories. I finally calmed down and look forward to the NYC shenanigans in the next episode neutre .
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/6/2013, 4:30 pm

Hi, Lottie! I love your screen name! Smile

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 3/6/2013, 4:42 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Hi, Lottie! I love your screen name! Smile

Ah, thanks neutre .
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/6/2013, 4:49 pm

Hi Lottie! I had forgotten to say welcome. And your nick sounds like a candy.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 3/6/2013, 6:17 pm

brisallie wrote:Hi Lottie! I had forgotten to say welcome. And your nick sounds like a candy.

That was most certainly not my attention Razz . Nice to meet you too!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/6/2013, 9:22 pm

Darren, Dianna and Chris were just spotted by paparazi while going to a concert (all seperately).
Warning: the CrissColfers are going crazy over this, so you might want to avoid the Chris Colfer tag on tumblr for a few hours. Evil or Very Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/6/2013, 9:23 pm

Ugh. I hope Will i there.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next