Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

+32
ladydianab
BlueJazz
bayth
sjonnepon
Dame Loli
emilynna
MissSoniaPP
brisallie
sheny
coxfire
opals
glimmerle
arina
valkeakuulas
CloveGlee
Ireth
Delight
tanita_mors
Glorfindel
Catt24
Divalicious
ColferGirl
sahhar
M&M
Ranwing
zuppid
fantastica
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
MoviesAreLife
Jellyrolls
36 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 12 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  Glorfindel 2/11/2013, 12:21 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Chris hasn't tweeted since the Darren happy birthday/Jesse Tyler Ferguson thing. I hate it when idiot fans keep him from tweeting to us.
I think Jesse has finally caught up what joking about CrissColfer means for Chris on a daily basis:

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 12 482348_original

Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 12 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  fantastica 2/11/2013, 12:28 pm

Haha Hes really Sick n tired of this childish sHit
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  opals 2/11/2013, 12:51 pm

Sorry, Jesse, but serves you right. I don't believe for one minute he didn't know that he was riling up a certain fan base when he tweeted to begin with. He probably just underestimated their level of cray cray.
opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 2/12/2013, 1:25 pm

Taken from the spoilers thread:
I am sick to death of thise idiotic, high school, canon, "endgame" couples. The very concept of an "endgame" is total BS in real life. MOVE ON, PEOPLE!!!!! To hell with this endgame crap.

AMEN!!!
You know, I get that Klaine had a strong symbolic value for the gay community, and sure, their relationship gave hope to other gay kids out there, but "endgame" is a concept I could never grasp. The person you are at 16 isn't who you are at 26: life gets in the way, the studies you follow, the city you go in to study, meeting new friends, getting a job, living by yourself (or at least not at your 'rents anymore), so many situations you meet and live that change you, and change the dynamic of a relationship. So maybe it's true for some, but I personnally don't know anyone who is still with his/her highschool sweehart.

Now I know TV is fiction, but, to the cynic that I am, feeding the audience with the fantasy of "meant to be forever and ever" is by no means a good idea. But it's just my jadded self speaking.

I hope Kurt and Adam aren't officially a couple before this "I Do" episode: I'd hate it if they decided
Spoiler:

Considering that all the writers have been doing since Blaine cheated is have all the characters sing his praises (Finn telling him he is the glue of Glee, Artie declaring him the perfect Danny Zucco, Sam calling him the perfect gay bro, Emma saying he is powerhouse, Burt bringing him for Christmas and Tina and his crush), I wouldn't be suprised if that was the case. Because Blaine is Mr Perfect you know.

Sorry, an other bad day at work and the best way for me to relax is to vent here, it's always better than smoking half my ciggies.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/12/2013, 1:44 pm

And they lived happily ever after is too Disney for me. I thought the average age of a Glee fan is 16, not 6? And there is no reason why Kadam can't be a perfectly inspiration, realistic, adult relationship that gay people find is a positive representation of their community. Enough of this kiddie crap. God, I feel like I am at least TWICE the age of the average Glee fan! Evil or Very Mad

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/12/2013, 2:42 pm

some people cling onto fairy tales because they realize as they grow up that reality is nothing like it. so fictions are the only place they can get their fantasy realized.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/12/2013, 2:44 pm

I guess so. As a person who prefers realism over escapism in my entertainment (because it is more relatable and cathartic to me), I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall watching these characters who refuse to let go of their teenaged years.

And another thing, if Klainers like Klaine because it is so "inspirational"....well, it will no longer continue to inspire LGBT kids if it continues down the road of becoming an unrealistic, toxic, crappy mess. If anything, Kadam inspires that yes, there is hope to move on after the "love of your life" cheats on you.

If they like Klaine for more shallow reasons (two bois 2gether are SOOOO hott!1 Rolling Eyes ) then all I can say to that is that Kadam can be 100 times "hotter" than Klaine ever was, because they are adults in the real world. And really, "hotness" is a stupid reason to like anything. Not to say that I'm not interested in the idea of sexy!Kurt...but please RIB, let him be "sexy" with someone who actually deserves that sexiness.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 2/12/2013, 4:20 pm

Peeks into the thread.

So... Kadam is dead before it really begins and Blaine gets to sing all the time? Klainers have completely antagonized a friendly celebrity who tried to play along?

Ah, situation normal. I have become a Casual Watcher. I gave up caring. Right now I am playing Dragon Age: Origins and rekindling my old torrid love affair with Alistair. So much better when you are able to control the outcome. Twisted Evil

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/12/2013, 6:40 pm

sigh.... most sane people are not watching the show anymore. that means whoever left and are still tweeting the show runners are mostly die hard fanatics. the show will only get worse.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 2/12/2013, 7:00 pm

fantastica wrote:sigh.... most sane people are not watching the show anymore. that means whoever left and are still tweeting the show runners are mostly die hard fanatics. the show will only get worse.

Agree, I now only watch for Kurt and only the scenes he is in.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/12/2013, 8:20 pm

i've become a casual watcher as well, more of less. i could care less at this point if kurt gets with whomever. i'll watch as long as chris is on my screen. but that is it.

my current obsession - warehouse 13. just watched like 50 episodes in a week or so. and then realized that it's won't be back on till april. i just hope that syfy won't disappoint me yet again and cancel the show after the second part of season 4 that will start in two months. if so, i hope the producers made some kind of ending, and not left it on a cliffhanger like a dozen other shows that i loved that got canceled. :(
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/12/2013, 8:43 pm

Glee has turned into a mess, and is because of that why I've read comments wondering if the writers are not taking illegal substances.

And even though this series still provokes me some anger, I think I've reached the point where I'm a just a watcher, instead of a gleek.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 2/12/2013, 9:37 pm

Actually, I think over all the skill of writers in Hollywood itself is extremely limited. They redo the same thing over and over again. I think this is in part due to catering to a younger audience with a short attention span, and to businessmen who run the whole show who have antiquated ideas of what is entertaining.

I hope they are paying attention to things like the Walking Dead, which is getting better and better ratings because it is willing to take chances, the the audience is looking for something new.

Glee used to be something new, and then it got bogged down with all the coupledoms. I first thought they were trying to get away from that with all the breakups, but that doesn't explain the over-abundence of Jacob Marley going on. Every time I think there is a step forward, they take two steps back. I do think there is more dedication to solid story building, but they do have a tendency to take a short cut when they get behind. Like Kurt suddenly getting a job at Vogue, and just as suddenly just letting it go away. Was all that just to explain Rachel's overuse of make-up? I don't think so, because she had already changed her look to chronic hot pants prior to that.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/13/2013, 12:53 pm

It's true that Hollywood likes to do the same thing over and over again. It's almost mind numbing. But once in a while, a truly original gem is created! Those brave directors and writers who step outside of the box to create something new and refreshing are geniuses.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 2/14/2013, 4:35 am

tanita_mors wrote:i've become a casual watcher as well, more of less. i could care less at this point if kurt gets with whomever. i'll watch as long as chris is on my screen. but that is it.

i'm the same. In season 1 i got up at 5 am before i had to go to work to watch the episode.
Now it took me 1 hour to watch ep 9-13. That includes repeating some Kurtscenes for 5 times.
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 2/14/2013, 6:32 am

^Count me in as one of the casual Glee viewers. The day the Glee writers make me give up on Kurt Hummel through sheer horrendous writing is the day I give up on Glee for good (I love to watch Chris act, but I'm not sure that I can stand watching this show murder Kurt before my eyes). Looking at the recent Klaine spoilers, I say that they're well on their way to achieving this.

I'm responding to these posts in the spoiler thread because my thoughts are too snarky to be voiced there:

Jellyrolls wrote:
Spoiler:
Is it just me, or are they really just pimping Darren out all over the cast? It's like he's a freaking hot potato or something (i.e. I don't want to work with Darren, you work with him, no you work with him, no you work with him).

I have the feeling that the show is trying to make Blaine the 'emotional core' of the Lima side of Glee, by linking him with so many of the other characters. Big fail.

Problem is, DC as an actor does not elevate the scenes that he's in. It's the opposite-- he drags down his scene partners, most noticeably when it comes to dramatic scenes. Take the Blina bedroom scene for example. Jenna/Tina was actually quite good in her acting and the delivery of her lines, but DC trying to talk as an old man for his sick!Blaine role (he should've taken pointers from Matt Morrison who did it way better in season 2) and his stilted acting ruined any good impression that could possibly come out of that. Seblaine was also a failure because DC just couldn't generate any sparks opposite Grant in a room full of gunpowder, even when the script clearly has Sebastian lusting after Blaine in the most blatant way. And let's not forget the Klaine scenes. There are more unwatchable ones than watchable ones, and those that are unwatchable are mostly due to DC's 'dramatic' acting (e.g. when Blaine told Kurt about his bullied past shortly after they first met, Blaine being angry with Kurt for not supporting his bi-curious phase, Blaine talking about his Sadie Hawkins trauma, Blaine being angry with Kurt at Emma's office in DWS etc).

With Chris, he's able to create on-screen magic and has good chemistry with most of the actors who act opposite him. Even when Kurt interacts with characters who have no business having any sort of chemistry with him (such as Sebastian and Karofsky), there is actual chemistry there, and fairly strong ones at that.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 2/14/2013, 8:24 am

Delight wrote:
I have the feeling that the show is trying to make Blaine the 'emotional core' of the Lima side of Glee, by linking him with so many of the other characters. Big fail.

My biggest problem is that they are putting him in each and every storyline but give him absolutely NO relief at all. I wish someone could tell me why they love the character without replying "He is soooo handsome and sings sooo well"!!
My problem is that Blaine has absolutely no specific characteristic/character triats whatsoever, nothing that makes him standout or that makes you want to root for him even if you shouldn't. Oh yes, sorry: he is dapper and fucking "perfect" (well, in the eye of some): loving boyfriend who does everything for Kurt (changing schools, going to Prom, X'mas box screen), perfect singer that Glee Clubs are competing for, "sex on a stick" that boys and girls want to do, etc, etc. I'm also sure he was/is Mr Perfect student. His character is so praised and ass-kissed it's nauseating.
Why should I root for him? What hardship does he face? He is gay and used to be bullied => it was a long time ago and we didn't see him overcome any of that (and didn't need to since this storyline belonged to a far more intersting character). So really, I don't see why people love this character, apart from people who beleive in Fairyland. Blaine is nothing more than an extract from a cheesy fanfiction. His character is some kind of goldenboy that did not belong with the original characters
When Glee started, all characters were underdogs, with definite flaws or distinctive features that made them edgy or different. every single one was flawed in one way or another. Kurt might have been my favorite character from Day 1, but he was never perfect: he is uptight and judgemental, he can be cold, bitchy and manipulative, he is intransigeant when it comes to fashion, and yes, when Glee started Kurt was still a "baby penguin" with a high pitched voice. He never was sold to the audience as a gloden boy. He only had himself and his personnality to standout, and he did it admirably.

What I don't see in Blaine is any form of struggle, or when it is, it for such petulant or childish stuff that I just want to punch the character in the face. To be honest, I never really liked him: he was okay in Season 2, but became slightly insufferable in Season 3, and complety horrendous to me this season. He is, unlike Rachel, Kurt or Santana, no fighter: he has no backbone, and spends more time feeling sorry for himself than trying to see where he went wrong, and ALL characters just seem to adore him.

I don't know, that's not how I want the character I follow to be. I want them to sometimes be wrong, sometimes fail, and I want them to learn from it, not see a fantasy Teenage "Dream" getting evereything he wants without trying and be lauded for it.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 2/14/2013, 3:15 pm

coxfire wrote:
Delight wrote:

My biggest problem is that they are putting him in each and every storyline but give him absolutely NO relief at all. I wish someone could tell me why they love the character without replying "He is soooo handsome and sings sooo well"!!
My problem is that Blaine has absolutely no specific characteristic/character triats whatsoever, nothing that makes him standout or that makes you want to root for him even if you shouldn't. Oh yes, sorry: he is dapper and fucking "perfect" (well, in the eye of some): loving boyfriend who does everything for Kurt (changing schools, going to Prom, X'mas box screen), perfect singer that Glee Clubs are competing for, "sex on a stick" that boys and girls want to do, etc, etc. I'm also sure he was/is Mr Perfect student. His character is so praised and ass-kissed it's nauseating.
Why should I root for him? What hardship does he face? He is gay and used to be bullied => it was a long time ago and we didn't see him overcome any of that (and didn't need to since this storyline belonged to a far more intersting character). So really, I don't see why people love this character, apart from people who beleive in Fairyland. Blaine is nothing more than an extract from a cheesy fanfiction. His character is some kind of goldenboy that did not belong with the original characters
When Glee started, all characters were underdogs, with definite flaws or distinctive features that made them edgy or different. every single one was flawed in one way or another. Kurt might have been my favorite character from Day 1, but he was never perfect: he is uptight and judgemental, he can be cold, bitchy and manipulative, he is intransigeant when it comes to fashion, and yes, when Glee started Kurt was still a "baby penguin" with a high pitched voice. He never was sold to the audience as a gloden boy. He only had himself and his personnality to standout, and he did it admirably.

What I don't see in Blaine is any form of struggle, or when it is, it for such petulant or childish stuff that I just want to punch the character in the face. To be honest, I never really liked him: he was okay in Season 2, but became slightly insufferable in Season 3, and complety horrendous to me this season. He is, unlike Rachel, Kurt or Santana, no fighter: he has no backbone, and spends more time feeling sorry for himself than trying to see where he went wrong, and ALL characters just seem to adore him.

I don't know, that's not how I want the character I follow to be. I want them to sometimes be wrong, sometimes fail, and I want them to learn from it, not see a fantasy Teenage "Dream" getting evereything he wants without trying and be lauded for it.

THIS.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MissSoniaPP 2/14/2013, 3:32 pm

coxfire wrote:
Delight wrote:

I reading this pmluv
This is basically what I think of Blaine. :angry:
MissSoniaPP
MissSoniaPP
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/14/2013, 3:44 pm

i dont' even want to write how much i hate oil slicker. i just want to pretend he never existed.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/14/2013, 5:08 pm

Kurt and Blaine getting back together might be the last straw for me to stop watching Glee.
I'm not sure if I can handle that, not even for Chris. vomit2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 2/14/2013, 5:14 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Kurt and Blaine getting back together might be the last straw for me to stop watching Glee.
I'm not sure if I can handle that, not even for Chris. vomit2

Agree 100%,espeically since Blaine did not apologized to kurt for blaming him for cheating on him.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 2/14/2013, 5:26 pm

As much as I am not fan of Klaine I know they are that stupid endgame and I have always known they will get back together sooner or later.... I still think they won't get back together in todays episode but I am sure in couple of episodes they will.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 2/14/2013, 5:28 pm

arina wrote:As much as I am not fan of Klaine I know they are that stupid endgame and I have always known they will get back together sooner or later.... I still think they won't get back together in todays episode but I am sure in couple of episodes they will.

If true,I doubt I will be watching any more.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/14/2013, 5:47 pm

I used to love Blaine (second to Kurt) in season two, because I wanted to see Kurt happy. I liked him in season three, and sort of liked him at the beginning of season four all the way until the break up episode. Ever since then, I can't stand him. I just want him to leave Kurt alone and let Kurt move on with his life...and for him to do the same. It's a stupid idea for either of them to let a silly highschool romance dominated the rest of their lives.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next