Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 8

+32
opals
sahhar
bayth
msjoanlucette
ladydianab
fantastica
Adamina
ChrisColferFan1
Piciollina
valkeakuulas
MissSoniaPP
Sani
M&M
ColferGirl
Ireth
Catt24
tamara04
Buenos
coxfire
sheny
sjonnepon
ColferInspired
Ranwing
CloveGlee
azure
arina
indiaskye
Divalicious
brisallie
tanita_mors
Glorfindel
Jellyrolls
36 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 8 - Page 36 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 8

Post  Ranwing 12/28/2012, 12:18 pm

I'm less worried about the possible key changes than I am about how both singers will be able to communicate the deep emotional resonance of this particular song. This is not the kind of song where just hitting all the right notes are enough. It's the kind of song where you have to grab the audience by their collective throats and make them have all kinds of FEELS!!!! This is a song all about communciating longing and deep love. This is not a song that rewards singers who are technicians.

One of Kurt's greatest talents as a singer (which this song will highlight beautifully) is his ability to shape and share emotions in his vocal performances. You don't just listen to him singing. You experience the song with Kurt. The audience becomes an active participant in his performance because Kurt draws them into his performances. No other performer on Glee manages this nearly as well, not by a long shot.

Rachel is the one, I think, who will have difficulty with this song. I find Rachel to be more of a technician as a singer. She sings beautifully, but I often find little real emotion in a lot of her stage performances. I don't believe that she has yet mastered the ability to find the emotion of a song and bring it to life unless it is something directly affecting her personally. I'm not sure that she can communicate the deeper meanings of the music without turning it into another technical exercise.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 8 - Page 36 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 8

Post  arina 12/28/2012, 12:59 pm

I am really curious about the context, I surely hope it has nothing to do with Burt.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 12/28/2012, 1:33 pm

Does anyone think there's a possibility that Bring Him Home will be released the same way Defying Gravity and Don't Cry For Me Argentina were, especially if this is somehow a "diva-off" between Kurt and Rachel? (So, the song would be released as a Kurt solo, a Rachel solo, and potentially a duet version). It would be great if it was given that same treatment, but I'm probably dreaming too big. ooppss I just thought, if neither Kurt or Rachel get one of the remaining two solos, that'd be a way to make all the fans of the characters singing in this episode happy....so Santana, Blaine, Tina, Kurt, Rachel, and probably Marley and Wade would *all* get a solo even if Kurt and Rachel's is performed as a duet within the episode.

I'm personally not worried how it will sound. I'm sure Kurt will blow it out of the water, emotionally. neutre

Also...is anyone here going to for sure be online when Gleek Out Brazil does its spoiler chat? I don't think I'll be able to make it, but I really want to ask them "Does Kurt have scenes with Adam in 4x12 or 4x13?", since we don't have any confirmation yet if Adam is in any episode besides 4x11 so far. I'd really really appreciate it if someone could ask it for me if I can't make it to the confirm/deny game. blushh
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/28/2012, 2:34 pm

^I doubt they will release 2 solo versions of 'Bring Him Home'. They didn't with 'New York State of Mind' or 'Out Here On My Own', nor any other duet like that besides 'Defying Gravity' and DCFMA.
But it would be nice. neutre

I'm not gonna keep up pretenses: I fear 'Bring Him Home'. This is one of the most difficult songs both technically and emotionally, and very, very well known. It is a real litmus test.
I'm afraid it is too ambitious for Glee, and even for Chris. 'Being Alive' was bordering on the same sentiments (and MOTN would have been too if it hdn't been deliberately sabotaged): too iconic, too ambitious, and Chris being too young. Chris pulled it off, and admirably so. But 'Bring Him Home' is of the highest level possible, even higher than BA. unsure

And there are more possible ingredients for a recipy for disaster:
- the probable key change (my guess: downwards),
- the new arrangement of a 'classic' song (will they contrive harmonies like they did with 'I Dreamed a Dream', or will they 'pop-ify' it a la Barbra Streisand),
- the context: the lyrics (praying to God for a dying man),
- the dividing of the lines between Kurt and Rachel, and combined with that the totally different ways of singing of Lea and Chris,
- how much will Kurt be restricted in emotion because it is a duet (meaning: will Chris be allowed to give it his own spin, like he did for Kurt with 'Rose's Turn' and AIWNSG)?
- Chris and Lea being directly compared to one another again,
- Chris really being too young for this song (and Lea too).

I'm sure that Chris can sing it and wonderfully so, but the real theatre snobs will be on this, and they will pick it apart. 'A Little Fall of Rain' or 'Empty Chairs...' would have been much more suitable songs for Hummelberry.

To end with a positive: it's Chris we're talking about here. He'll do his best to make it work. Smile
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 12/28/2012, 3:08 pm

I'm not sure if this was posted or not.

4x13 Kurt & Rachel spoiler

This is from the same extra who spoiled about the Kurt VO.

Kurt and Rachel singing “Bring Him Home” is a sing off between the two. It’s kind of hard to explain, but it’s part of a non-school sanctioned NYADA tradition that the upper class men (i.e. Brody) run. Almost like a singing fight club.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 12/28/2012, 3:30 pm

Bring Him Home is just so sad and should be sung by an older man...oh well we'll see. I'm hoping that they'll make the arrangement work. Allthough not so keen on pitching these two against each other. If we're to believe that Kurt will infact become more "popular" at NYADA this sing-off can show that. I don't know what will happen in the rival fandoms though, couldn't give rats ass. Just wishing they'll give both Lea and Chris a fair chance to succeed in singing this.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 12/28/2012, 3:58 pm

"Bring Him Home" is such an odd song choice for Glee.

Honestly, it's probably just Ryan trying to cash in on the "Les Mis" hype right now. But he made the wrong choice. If he was going to do Les Mis, he should have chosen "A Little Fall of Rain."
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 12/28/2012, 4:09 pm

sheny wrote:I'm not sure if this was posted or not.

Kurt and Rachel singing “Bring Him Home” is a sing off between the two. It’s kind of hard to explain, but it’s part of a non-school sanctioned NYADA tradition that the upper class men (i.e. Brody) run. Almost like a singing fight club.

Hmmm.....I don't know how I feel about this. If it's true. It goes with the speculation a lot of people have been saying that Kurt and Rachel will eventually have a conflict/spat while they attend NYADA. But when it comes to singing, no matter how we Kurtsies feel, they always make Rachel "win". So I don't want them competing against each other if it's just another way for them to make Kurt the loser. :( (But RIB will shock me if they go with what Ranwing's been speculating, and have Rachel lose and not be as accepted at NYADA as Kurt who will be more popular and triumphant.)

Also, if it's something the upperclassmen are running, I wonder if this will play out somewhat like the Rachel vs. Mercedes diva-off did. Rachel was supported by Finn, and Mercedes was supported by Shane.....will Rachel be supported by upperclassman Brody, and Kurt supported by upperclassman Adam? Against each other? Hmm.... humhum
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 12/28/2012, 4:11 pm

Assuming this is true, my first thought went to a sing-off like DG. I think they do need to make some conflict between Kurt and Rachel and NYADA is definitely the way to do it. Aside from Cassandra, Rachel hasn't had to deal with a ton of conflict at NYADA. Hot new boyfriend? Check. Winter showcase? Check. Auditions? Check. Carmen in her back pocket? Check. I think it could be super interesting if Kurt turns into a star at NYADA and becomes popular. How would Rachel react to being second best? How would Kurt react to finally being first?
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 12/28/2012, 4:15 pm

ColferGirl wrote:

Hmmm.....I don't know how I feel about this. If it's true. It goes with the speculation a lot of people have been saying that Kurt and Rachel will eventually have a conflict/spat while they attend NYADA. But when it comes to singing, no matter how we Kurtsies feel, they always make Rachel "win". So I don't want them competing against each other if it's just another way for them to make Kurt the loser. :( (But RIB will shock me if they go with what Ranwing's been speculating, and have Rachel lose and not be as accepted at NYADA as Kurt who will be more popular and triumphant.)

Also, if it's something the upperclassmen are running, I wonder if this will play out somewhat like the Rachel vs. Mercedes diva-off did. Rachel was supported by Finn, and Mercedes was supported by Shane.....will Rachel be supported by upperclassman Brody, and Kurt supported by upperclassman Adam? Against each other? Hmm.... humhum

Argh, you beat me to that one, but these are my thoughts exactly. If we are going once more for Kurt being "defeated" by Rachel, and have Kurt being once more kicked in the nads, that will seriously piss me off. And if Kurt wins (ah, what a joke, it's Glee we're talking about), I can see the rants of hoards of fans saying that "it's not realistic", "Rachel is so far superior to Kurt" "she won the winter showcase how could she lose to Kurt" bullshit. Way to fuck up the first Hummelberry duet, writers...
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/28/2012, 4:38 pm

oh poop. direct comparison. that ain't fair. well, it would be fairer if chris sings in his own (original) keys and Lea sings in her own comfortable key, rather than the 2 singing in the same key in a duet form.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/28/2012, 4:40 pm

ColferGirl wrote:Also, if it's something the upperclassmen are running, I wonder if this will play out somewhat like ... Rachel be supported by upperclassman Brody, and Kurt supported by upperclassman Adam? Against each other? Hmm.... humhum
that would be a very interesting scenerio.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MissSoniaPP 12/28/2012, 5:02 pm

The Apples is described as a group of dubious fame (do not remember the word used to describe the Apples) and Rachel did not want that Kurt was part of.

Maybe this can lead to comfort between two groups Smile :
  • Rachel Brody and other people: they follow all the rules of NAYDA, never do anything risky angellic

• Kurt, Adam and Apples: experiencing other things, they take risks bubgum

MissSoniaPP
MissSoniaPP
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/28/2012, 6:24 pm

^ wow, brody follows the rules of NYADA and sleeps w/ teachers. good rule. ptdr
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 12/28/2012, 7:30 pm

Just a reminder to those who can, Gleek out Brazil will be doing a confirm/deny spoiler chat at 6pm eastern. It would be good if people can get in there with questions about Kurt, Adam or Burt. Phrasing should be of the true/false variety, ie:

Adam will sing BGB to Kurt. (Confirm/Deny)

Here is the link to the site:
http://gleekoutbr.tumblr.com/
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  MissSoniaPP 12/28/2012, 8:51 pm

I'll just post spoilers related to Kurt.
And I'll give my opinion

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 8 - Page 36 112

Since that has nothing to do with Burt and cancer, I ... bounce

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 8 - Page 36 114

Evil or Very Mad

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 8 - Page 36 115
hola

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 8 - Page 36 116
OK....unsure

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 8 - Page 36 117
I know this does not have to do with Kurt, but it was one of the things I wanted to happen tonguue Embarassed

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 8 - Page 36 118
Ok, as long he appear in the episode 13, which Kurt has a story Wink

Finished

MissSoniaPP
MissSoniaPP
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/28/2012, 10:20 pm

that (lack of) shirtless scene was totally expected. Kurt ain't one of those "hot" guys. dryy
apparently "everyone is naked" does not include EVERYONE. we knew that.

so that adam guy appears to be a temporary temptation/distraction. they aren't going to focus on his and Kurt's relationship, because they have no "relationship" (yet - if ever). makes me mad.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/28/2012, 10:24 pm

in an unrelated (to kurt) spoiler, it's confirmed that tina will crush on blaine, so her "i don't know how to love him" is about how she can love the gelmet Jesus w/o getting her hands sticky. ewww! i love that song so much and I am glad tina gets to sing a great song and i know she will kill it but the context really ruined it for me.

Last edited by fantastica on 12/28/2012, 10:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/28/2012, 10:26 pm

blaine will sing the queen song. dryy britney will sing a solo in diva - when is she a diva? also, santana has 2 solos in this episode. ok, she didn't sing much in earlier episodes so I will not complain.

ok i am not gonna be bother to go to snark and bark. i am off playing w/ new xmas gadget. it's a lot more fun than stupid glee.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 12/29/2012, 1:16 am

I hate these little scaps of spoilers sometimes, because they don't really answer much (confirming that Tina is the one that has a crush on very gay Blaine is no real shocker) and what tidbits we do get are just... perplexing. Brittany getting a solo in Divas? I mean... seriously? And episode which is supposed to focus on vocal powerhouses and Brittany gets a solo? As if we haven't been tortured enough with her monotone warblings? And Blaine performing Queen? That is really a headscratcher considering that he does not have the vocal chops to handle Freddy Mercury. And for Kurt and Rachel to apparently only have a duet in Divas? I just don't get what this show is trying to accomplish with the song distribution this year.

Am also scratching my head at Kurt calling Santana and Quinn to talk some sense into Rachel and wondering what brought this on. I'm so tired of Rachel, supposedly a driven and intelligent girl constantly needing propping up and intervensions all the time.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/29/2012, 1:49 am

^ by the end of hte series your head will be bald from all this scratching. get yourself a scratching post instead. tonguue Razz

i hate these spoillers too, so I am trying to focus on the good stuff - such as anything other than glee.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  zuppid 12/29/2012, 4:23 am

fantastica wrote:
so that adam guy appears to be a temporary temptation/distraction. they aren't going to focus on his and Kurt's relationship, because they have no "relationship" (yet - if ever). makes me mad.
Why would you say that? blinkk
Just because he does not appear in the 4x12?
Even Kurt doesn't appear in any single episode...I have good expectations for Adam...After all they did a LONG casting to pick him
zuppid
zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 12/29/2012, 4:59 am

I thought one of the good thing about NYADA is going to be the fact that Rachel and Kurt won't compete with each other. I guess I was wrong wrong. I hate when Kurt (Chris) is directly compared to Rachel (Lea) when is clear beforehand how it is. Don't get me wrong I love Chris's singing when he is given the right song, I love his voice, the emotion he puts into his songs, but Lea is still professional experienced singer who "grew up" on stage. I don't want Kurt to lose but I don't want him to win either because it would cause huge wave of hatred in the fandom. Maybe my worries are unecessarry, maybe this song will suit Chris's voice better but right now I have bad feeling about it...
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MissSoniaPP 12/29/2012, 7:12 am

zuppid wrote:
fantastica wrote:
Why would you say that? blinkk
Just because he does not appear in the 4x12?
Even Kurt doesn't appear in any single episode...I have good expectations for Adam...After all they did a LONG casting to pick him

This banzai
Furthermore in episode 12 they will focus on Rache l / Santana / Quinn, Kurt should have few scenes (1 or 2 scenes)
MissSoniaPP
MissSoniaPP
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/29/2012, 7:42 am

arina wrote:I thought one of the good thing about NYADA is going to be the fact that Rachel and Kurt won't compete with each other. I guess I was wrong wrong. I hate when Kurt (Chris) is directly compared to Rachel (Lea) when is clear beforehand how it is. Don't get me wrong I love Chris's singing when he is given the right song, I love his voice, the emotion he puts into his songs, but Lea is still professional experienced singer who "grew up" on stage. I don't want Kurt to lose but I don't want him to win either because it would cause huge wave of hatred in the fandom. Maybe my worries are unecessarry, maybe this song will suit Chris's voice better but right now I have bad feeling about it...
This. banzai

They have done this so many times before and it never ended well, not for Kurt, and not for the fandom. dryy
TBH: I think they will let Kurt win this one, and though I would like that in the narrative, I do not want it to happen.
Kurt winning over Rachel Berry, the freshman who won the Winter Showcase, is already quite unbelievable. But Chris winning over Lea (although I personally think his emotive skills make up for his technical skills being compared with Lea's) will not go down well in the fandom. unsure
I hope Hummelberry will tie, and that they decide that they should never compete again and work together instead (as it should be now that they are in NYADA). Pitting these 2 against one another was silly and stupid from the start, but at least in high school with an incompetent teacher as Mr. Schue it could be explained. Now at NYADA.....not anymore. Evil or Very Mad
I can't believe that RIB goes down that route again. The only reasonable justification for that would be if they solve/discard the whole Kurt vs. Rachel rivalry thing once and for all, by letting Kurt and Rachel realize that they don't need it anymore.
Blegh. mince

Kurt calling Santana and Quinn makes absolutely no sense at all. I believe he had only 1 scene with each of them in 3 1/2 seasons! And they are not exactly friends with Rachel either.

But on a more positive note: Adam will keep his accent!!! aa54 And he's nice to Kurt, that's good to hear as well.

The other spoilers:
Tina crushing on Blaine and singing one of the most beautiful love songs ever..... what a waste. I guess Tina still doesn't know that Blaine cheated on Kurt?

Blaine singing Queen..... and Brittany getting a solo in the diva episode at all: REALLY?!?!
brikwol quesako
When it comes to Glee's song choices the last 2 seasons most of the time there are 2 ways to go: laugh or cry. I'm choosing to laugh this time, because if I really would think about it I'd go mad. So:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 8 - Page 36 Bwahaha
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next