Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6

+33
MissSoniaPP
sheny
Catt24
dap1217
CloveGlee
M&M
sjonnepon
Vir Cotto
opals
Jellyrolls
coxfire
ladydianab
BlueJazz
bayth
ChrisColferFan1
ColferGirl
msjoanlucette
Ireth
Buenos
Sani
Delight
ColferInspired
valkeakuulas
FunnyLady
brisallie
arina
zuppid
sahhar
fantastica
Divalicious
Ranwing
tanita_mors
Glorfindel
37 posters

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 15 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6

Post  M&M 9/24/2012, 12:07 am

New song on ITUNES!

Kurt/Isabelle "Never Fully Dressed/Way you look tonight" is awesome. They sound so good together.

ETA: Rachel too. I think. They all sound really good together. The song is only 2:24, so they shouldn't cut any of it, but, you know, Glee.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 15 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6

Post  Divalicious 9/24/2012, 12:49 am

I don't spoil myself with songs, and usually it isn't hard, because Kurt rarely sings, but I am feeling the strain now. Can't wait to hear Kurt sing, and actually be happy when he does it. My insides are doing the Snoopy Happy Dance.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 9/24/2012, 1:00 am

M&M wrote:New song on ITUNES!

Kurt/Isabelle "Never Fully Dressed/Way you look tonight" is awesome. They sound so good together.

ETA: Rachel too. I think. They all sound really good together. The song is only 2:24, so they shouldn't cut any of it, but, you know, Glee.

The song is so sweet and adorable, I love it. wub They sound wonderful together. It's so good to hear Chris's voice again. The moment the song goes on sale, I'll be rushing to buy it.

Though I'll admit, after my first listen, I was a bit heartbroken that 1 - the song is so short, and 2 - there's not nearly as much Kurt as my greedy Kurtsie heart wanted. Here's praying he'll get at least one solo this season.....

As for the other songs, I think A Change Will Do You Good sounds horrible, at least after a first listen, but maybe it'll grow on me. I don't like Celebrity Skin much either. Darren sounds pretty good on Everyone Wants to Rule The World, though, and is probably my second favorite of the batch. Mr. Monotony is nowhere to be seen, so it may have been cut from the episode.

Edit - changed my mind, after a few listens, I actually kinda like Sam and Brittany on Celebrity Skin. neutre

Last edited by ColferGirl on 9/24/2012, 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/24/2012, 1:03 am

This is just so lovely. Chris's and SJP voices go so well together. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 15 413578547

I am so glad they aren't singing Celebrity Skin. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 15 650269930

And I have to say this but after listening to "Everybody Wants To Rule the World" I love it. They have kept it to the original and Darren's voice works.

I have not liked a Darren solo since Season 2 but this song I love. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 15 413578547

I was a big Tears For Fears fan so to me this is good, not as good as the original but at least they didn't ruin it. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 15 4247136565

I have not listened to the rest of the others but I was just worried about the "Tears For Fears" song.

The Kurt/Isabelle/Rachel? mashup and "Everybody Wants to Rule The World" are my favourites so far. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 15 4247136565

"Celebrity Skin" sounds like they are missing some verses - weird. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 15 4029858209

Last edited by ColferInspired on 9/24/2012, 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 9/24/2012, 1:05 am

ColferGirl wrote:

The song is so sweet and adorable, I love it. wub They sound wonderful together. It's so good to hear Chris's voice again. The moment the song goes on sale, I'll be rushing to buy it.

Though I'll admit, after my first listen, I was a bit heartbroken that 1 - the song is so short, and 2 - there's not nearly as much Kurt as my greedy Kurtsie heart wanted. Here's praying he'll get at least one solo this season.....

As for the other songs, I think A Change Will Do You Good sounds horrible, at least after a first listen, but maybe it'll grow on me. I don't like Celebrity Skin much either. Darren sounds pretty good on Everyone Wants to Rule The World, though, and is probably my second favorite of the batch. Mr. Monotony is nowhere to be seen, so it may have been cut from the episode.

It's already on Itunes Smile

I agree, but then I was just glad to hear him and the song is charming, so I am happy for now, as long as he gets his own song soon.

EWTRTW was boring but ok I guess.
ACWDYG was terrible. Sriously bad. I am not impressed with Brody and all I could think was "He made it into NYADA?"
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 9/24/2012, 1:13 am

Oh, he'll get ONE, his audition. It's kind of like a Saturday morning cartoon I remember, someone is passing out treats, goes one for you, one for me, one for you, two for me, one for you, seven for me etc. Kurt gets one, Blaine/Rachel/Marley/Jacob will get the seven. When Santana's storyline finally takes off I expect them to make up for lost time with a buttload of songs for her as well.

Lea has a remarkable voice, but I think only her most devout fans aren't getting tired of hearing it, they need to take a break, showcase other voices with good songs, and make it special again. Now, I don't even bother to listen, because it will be the same stuff, belting, exaggerated facial expressions, and a single tear squeezed from her right eye when she is sad. It's like episode plotting starts with how do we get a Lea and Blaine song into the setting. Then they share the rest. It already feels like Marley is getting a huge share only two episodes in. Perhaps that is a reason to focus more on top 40, so it wouldn't just be Darren or Lea's popularity selling songs, it might give more of the others an even chance getting a pop song out there. I don't know. What I do know is that I am very happy to hear Tina sing, or Sam or even Joe. I want to hear the different voices. I even miss Matt's voice, and I'm not terribly interested in Mr. Schue.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/24/2012, 1:36 am

4x05 Synopsis

With auditions for the school’s musical in full swing, not all the gleeks are eager to participate; while some see getting cast as a shot at acceptance, others have less altruistic goals. Meanwhile, an unlikely advisor helps Will and Emma work through a rough patch in their relationship, the arrival of student Ryder Lynn proves to be a game-changer for several members of New Directions past and present, Sue finds a new narrow-minded cause to champion, and four finalists face off for the lead roles as the cast for “Grease” is announced.

http://gleezone.tumblr.com/post/32168090805/more-405-with-auditions-for-the-schools
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/24/2012, 1:39 am

^ is this the first episode after the first hiatus? sounds boring as hell. so this is the episode the TGP guy will appear. if Kurt will be in it at all, he will have very little screen time.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 9/24/2012, 1:50 am

^ Murphy claimed that some episodes would be mainly McKinley (boring, as 4x05 will surely be), and some would be mainly New York (promising)...

I'm waiting for my mainly New York episode, Trollphy.

Last edited by ColferGirl on 9/24/2012, 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 9/24/2012, 1:50 am

fantastica wrote:
4x05 Synopsis

With auditions for the school’s musical in full swing, not all the gleeks are eager to participate; while some see getting cast as a shot at acceptance, others have less altruistic goals. Meanwhile, an unlikely advisor helps Will and Emma work through a rough patch in their relationship, the arrival of student Ryder Lynn proves to be a game-changer for several members of New Directions past and present, Sue finds a new narrow-minded cause to champion, and four finalists face off for the lead roles as the cast for “Grease” is announced.

http://gleezone.tumblr.com/post/32168090805/more-405-with-auditions-for-the-schools

Yeah, this one sounds terrible. I think he will most likely not be in it, which is ok because then I can skip it entirely instead of dvr'ing it and fast forwarding to his parts. I think he will have limited time in the following episode as well.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/24/2012, 1:58 am

fantastica wrote:^ is this the first episode after the first hiatus? sounds boring as hell. so this is the episode the TGP guy will appear. if Kurt will be in it at all, he will have very little screen time.

That episode will probably not have much New York if any, this must be Kurt and Rachel at McKinley that is why there is no Nyada in the synopis.

Mercedes is back in episode 5 and Kurt and Rachel are at McKinley by the pics we saw. So I am thinking they are there to see the play and give their support as well.

Where Rachel goes I think Kurt does as well.

So I did think we will get some Kurt in episode 5 but not much. I don't know about episode 6 unless this is the thanksgiving one and we have the rest of the old cast coming back. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 15 2176491633
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/24/2012, 2:04 am

i can't listen to the song because hubby is aleep (and snoring!) lol but will do so first thing tomorrow morning. from everywhere I read everybody loves his song w/ JSP! I am so happy for that.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 9/24/2012, 2:38 am

The song with SJP and Chris is REALLY LOVELY. wub
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/24/2012, 3:53 am

teenage dream - apparently bliane sings to kurt in that piano bar that klaine and finchel go to. this is before don't speak.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  zuppid 9/24/2012, 3:56 am

OMG!The mash-up is beyond adorable wub

gotta love their voice together!Finally a song I know I'll listen over and over again
zuppid
zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/24/2012, 4:00 am

What a delightful news to wake up to!!! hiphopa

The Way You Look Tonight/Never Fully Dressed is wonderful. The nice voice of SJP, the harmonies, Hummelberry, and their voices really match. wub
Yay !!! *happy dance* bounce
I hope they don't cut Kurt's verse, but Rachel is in that verse too and the song is short as it is, so maybe not. Crossing fingers!

I've missed Kurt's voice sooooo much. crycry

(Haven't listened to the other songs yet because I need to go to work soon.)

Sean Gunn is confirmed for the Make-over too (Kirk in Gilmore Girls). His name is Barnaby. neutre

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 9/24/2012, 4:02 am

New Glee spoilers for 4x07:

A new major recurring role will be introduced in episode 407. Prepare to meet the very handsome Peter Livingston, a high school student fresh out of military school. Producers are looking for someone pretty imposing to play the part — he’s got to be over 5’11” and have “gravitas.” Peter is described as “handsome, evil and dashing,” and he’s got to have singing and dancing skills.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/24/2012, 4:15 am

a high school kid fresh out of military school? what kind of military school? i don't know they train kid soldiers in the US.

remember Grant's character was also a "major recurring" one? yeah...

need more guys in high school apparently. dryy
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 9/24/2012, 4:20 am

Indeed @glorfindel what a great morning and a song to wake up to.

Here just eating breakfast and listening to Chris' beautiful, and classical, vibrato at his verses. It's almost too cute and SJP sounds so young and I love how they allowed her singing to sound young and unedited, as goes for the rest of the song. I don't mind Lea being in this song at all because she is a back up vocal but she sounds good on the mix...except that one little breathy moan of hers at the very end at the bridge?, which does not suit the tone of the song.

But RIB, if their moles read anything Kurt related they should understand that not only Top 40 is important.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/24/2012, 4:26 am

So the songs :

The trio is so cute but it could have had more Kurt and less SJP. Otherwise it's great.

Darren's solo - not bad, but I don't like how he sounds on this song as much as I did on It's Time or some of his other solos. It's like something's missing and isn't jelling quite right (on some spots he is too forced or flat). IDK, I don't know the original.

Rachel/Brody - finally a fun song for Lea. I though she sounded great, but Dean sound just as generic as most of the guys on the show. If he is NYADA quality, I'm the President of USA.

Celebrity Skin - they chose the right person to lead that song. HeMo is the only one with the right voice for that kind of talking/screaming rock and Chord was OK.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  zuppid 9/24/2012, 6:15 am

fantastica wrote:a high school kid fresh out of military school? what kind of military school? i don't know they train kid soldiers in the US.

remember Grant's character was also a "major recurring" one? yeah...

need more guys in high school apparently. dryy
The Warblers will return in the 7th episode.I bet he's the new leader

I hope he's not gay and that won't fall in love with blaine...since they're repeating the storyilines...
zuppid
zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/24/2012, 9:19 am

Yay! I can't wait to hear it!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/24/2012, 9:35 am

Everybody Wants To Rule The World - Blaine:
Not a bad song for Darren, but not good either.
First the good: the key fits Darren’s voice very well, the quick changes between high and low notes Darren controls better than I thought he would, and I love his lowest notes (“…wants to rule the world.”)
The not so good: there’s overproducing in the style of the 80’s, and then there is too much overproducing from Glee. Plus Darren sounds a bit soulles and lackluster: the song misses the emotions the original had (but that’s a high bar).

Celebrity Skin – Sam+Brittany:
Uhmmm…. I like it! Who would have thought that? Chord’s voice sounds good. Heather is very overproduced, imo, but this song is better than I expected. neutre

A Change Would Do You Good:
Not a fan. Dean’s voice sounds bad in this song (how the hell did Brody get into NYADA?), and even Lea sounds off. It’s too fast, there's a lot of shouting instead of singing, and the music is overpowering them. Evil or Very Mad
Come on Glee, give Lea better songs.

The Way You Look Tonight/Never Fully Dressed:
Love it! Best song of the episode.
There’s a musical and a crooner song, nice harmonies, Hummelberry (!), and SJP singing Annie! wub
SJP sounds really nice, and she meshes well with Chris’ voice. The mash-up is seemless for 2 of these quite different songs (esp. in rhythm).

Does anyone else get the chills when Kurt first starts singing after Isabelle? That vibrato in his voice! aa54
Oh, and "Lover..." in the final verse.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 15 Tumblr_mat33uDaIF1rdvztso1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/24/2012, 10:10 am

finally listened to the chris/jsp song. love it! wont bother to listen to others. chris' song is enough to make my day. neutre
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/24/2012, 10:22 am

tanita_mors wrote:So the songs :

The trio is so cute but it could have had more Kurt and less SJP. Otherwise it's great.

My thoughts exactly. Given that this is the first song that Kurt's gotten in so long, I'm greedy and wanted him to be the primary focus. But it really sounded great and Kurt's voice beautifully complimented SJP. Could have done completely without Rachel but given that she had so little to do with the song, I'll live with her joining in on the harmonies. But it's a great song and sould stand as proof that not everything on the show should be Top 40 hits.

Darren's solo - not bad, but I don't like how he sounds on this song as much as I did on It's Time or some of his other solos. It's like something's missing and isn't jelling quite right (on some spots he is too forced or flat). IDK, I don't know the original.

Maybe it's just Darren overload, but I was bored. It didn't have the oomph of the original and it just sounded tired. It was okay, but nothing really fantastic and it's probably going to be one that most will forget the moment that it's over.

Rachel/Brody - finally a fun song for Lea. I though she sounded great, but Dean sound just as generic as most of the guys on the show. If he is NYADA quality, I'm the President of USA.

They really are shooting all NYADA credibility in the foot with this lox, aren't they? The idea that this gets admitted over Jesse St. James? beam

Another disposable song IMO. Nothing special about it. Lea sounds fine but it's not a great song to showcase her abilitity and Dean just drags it down. Will be hitting the mute button here.

Celebrity Skin - they chose the right person to lead that song. HeMo is the only one with the right voice for that kind of talking/screaming rock and Chord was OK.

At least Lea and Chris avoided this one. Heather is actually the best person to sing anything by Courtney Love since most of her songs are pretty tuneless and there's no need to waste the better singers here. It was... listenable. I'll give it that.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next