Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

+28
msjoanlucette
happydays
emilynna
ladydianab
Sani
Keyser
FunnyLady
opals
bayth
M&M
Buenos
ColferGirl
sjonnepon
Divalicious
BlueJazz
Ranwing
Delight
valkeakuulas
brisallie
Glorfindel
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
Ireth
ChrisColferFan1
fantastica
arina
ColferInspired
sahhar
32 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 13 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  Ranwing 8/15/2012, 10:37 am

arina wrote:The problem is Kurt has never been intented to be portrayed as very beautiful or hot guy, he has (or had when he wasn't allowed to be just a loser) different advantages. Chris ruins their plans because he looks better and better with age and is working out and everything, but that's Chris, not Kurt.

They did the same thing with Rachel, trying to play off the idea that she wasn't pretty when Lea Michelle is actually quite beautiful. And then they started screwing around with that by having Rachel get the most play of any girl in ND (being romantically linked with Finn, Puck and Jesse - no I don't count Santana's bed hopping as being romantically linked). They finally gave up and acknowleged that Rachel was beautiful in an unconventional manner (as opposed to Quinn, a more classic beauty). Now Rachel is proceeding to NY as the hot (if badly dressed) girl that will quickly get the attention of the best looking guy at NYADA.

Kurt, on the other hand, is never acknowledged for his looks except negatively. Despite the fact that he has grown up and is much more toned that he was when he started the show, he's still described as being thin with "toothpick arms". And unlike Blaine who gets everyone he meets all but throwing themselves at him, Kurt's only two admireres were a former bully and a dweeb written as comedy relief and was never mentioned again. The one other openly gay character that gets introduced belittles Kurt's appearance. How Rachel is regarded was allowed to catch up with Lea's real physical appearance, but Kurt's has not been.

I would love Kurt to be independent and without boyfriend for a while, but If he gets a new lover insterest I don't care that much how he looks (well of course I don't want him to be ugly but I don't mind more ordinary looking guy) but I just don't want him to be a joke, I want serious and interesting charismatic character who has great chemistry with Chris and is portrayed by a good actor. And I want him to be the first who is pursuing Kurt this time...

Kurt is going to be in NY, where you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a good looking, successful, well-adjusted gay man. The idea that Kurt will be in this city and not have a constant stream of admirers is really stretching the bounds of credulity. Drop that boy into Chelsea and the guys will be fighting one another to the death for a chance to get into Kurt's extremely well-tailored pants.

Whether or not Kurt decides to date in the event of a Klaine break up (which I'm now considering to be a 50/50 chance of happening) is one thing. I can understand him not wanting to rebound into a new relationship right off the bat of losing his first serious one and deciding to focus on building his career. But to even in passing show that Kurt is beautiful and desirable now as a maturing young man is not unwarrented and I would argue very necessary at this stage.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 13 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  opals 8/15/2012, 12:01 pm

Kurt, on the other hand, is never acknowledged for his looks except negatively. Despite the fact that he has grown up and is much more toned that he was when he started the show, he's still described as being thin with "toothpick arms". And unlike Blaine who gets everyone he meets all but throwing themselves at him, Kurt's only two admireres were a former bully and a dweeb written as comedy relief and was never mentioned again. The one other openly gay character that gets introduced belittles Kurt's appearance. How Rachel is regarded was allowed to catch up with Lea's real physical appearance, but Kurt's has not been.

I've always found it incredibly odd that even Kurt's paltry few admireres were never permitted to express that Kurt is physically attractive.

Merecedes is portrayed as desperate and delusional and only states that Kurt is "sweet and in Glee" as her reason for liking him. And, ok, this was well before Chris' growth spurt, but he was still cute, imho.

Karofsky is also portrayed as desperate and, at times, a bit of a nut case. Still, on Valentine's day his reasons for pursuing Kurt are because Kurt "helped him so much".

Chandler is comic relief who appears for a minute and a half, and even he compliments Kurt's fashion- not really Kurt- while on screen. I think he compliments Kurt's smile in a text later.

Blaine is the only admirerer who isn't portrayed as totally desperate, and he had to get turned down by a GAP manager and question his sexuality before deciding to settle for Kurt. Despite Kurt constantly fussing over how handsome and talented Blaine is, I think the most Blaine has ever said is that Kurt is "adorable".

In contrast, "ugly" Rachel has the popular jock kissing her by episode 1-02, is making out with another hot jock (who calls her a "hot Jew") just a few episodes later, and has the gorgeous lead of Vocal Adrenaline after her (and acknowleging that she's "sneaky hot") just a few episodes after that.

I don't begrudge Rachel some attention, as she actually is quite beautiful, but FOX does need to get up to speed here and realize that Kurt isn't exactly dog meat. How no one has ever noticed those eyes alone is beyond belief to me.
opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/15/2012, 2:18 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 13 Tumblr_m8pigpDLWj1qfzltqo1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/15/2012, 2:18 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 13 Tumblr_m8t15ozL861qbi5wyo1_500
‘Glee’: Kate Hudson as Rachel’s sexy new dance teacher — EXCLUSIVE PHOTO

Kate Hudson already got her dance on in the movie musical Nine, and it looks like she’ll be returning to those sexy moves on the Sept. 13 premiere of Glee,based on this exclusive EW image (co-creator Ryan Murphy tweeted a different image yesterday). Hudson plays Cassandra July, a dance instructor at Rachel’s new school, NYADA. See the larger version below…

In this scene, her first big number on the Fox hit, Cassandra shows Rachel (Lea Michele, not seen) how it’s done at NYADA. But don’t expect the pair to be bonding too much during office hours — Hudson, known for her sunnier roles, is playing kind of a witch. “She’s hard-ass,” says Glee co-creator Brad Falchuk. “And she has her own demons. She works by negative.”

Hudson has signed on for six-episodes in season 4 while fellow actress Sarah Jessica Parker will make her debut in the third episode of Glee‘s fourth season.
x

So now we know that SJP (and probably Kurt's Vogue.com career) will start in episode 3.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/15/2012, 2:26 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 13 Tumblr_m8sc0ehjhq1qahheuo3_1280

looks like a gorgious english military officer.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/15/2012, 2:26 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 13 Tumblr_m8sc0ehjhq1qahheuo4_1280
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/15/2012, 2:27 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 13 Tumblr_m8sc0ehjhq1qahheuo5_1280
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/15/2012, 2:52 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 13 Tumblr_m8sg5s3ni81qgfb58o1_500
he looks 25 here.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/15/2012, 2:54 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 13 Tumblr_m8oupewyxd1qgfb58o1_r2_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/15/2012, 4:02 pm

fantastica wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 13 Tumblr_m8sc0ehjhq1qahheuo4_1280

He looks like he could be a member of the English royal family here (though he's far better looking than any of the royals currently on exhibit). Maybe Elizabeth could adopt him as a third grandson. They need some of this to pretty up their family portraits.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/15/2012, 4:56 pm

fantastica wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 13 Tumblr_m8sc0ehjhq1qahheuo3_1280

looks like a gorgious english military officer.

Usually I'm not into military guys but I won't deny he looks awesome posing so upright and serious.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 8/15/2012, 5:01 pm

Each picture of Chris as Kurt from this past weekend looks so different...and enthralling. I can not imagine the writers getting away with not addressing Kurt's attractiveness in the NY shark pool of men. Or at least giving Chris non-verbal ways of acting out this, IMO deserved attention from other men, Kurt being together with Blaine or not!

I'm a heavy supporter of the fact that flirting is never cheating, ie. Kurt texting with Chandler was nothing but I can already see the rage some Klainers will get if Kurt flirts with someone whilst still in a relationship with Blaine. I can never see Kurt cheating without a good reason, he's not intentionally that hurtful. I CAN see however Kurt being angry or revengful about something and maybe doing too prompt and silly decisions without thinking of the ramifications.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 8/15/2012, 5:07 pm

fantastica wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 13 Tumblr_m8sc0ehjhq1qahheuo4_1280
he gives me such gestapo vibes here, or if anyone remembers christian bale in "equilibrium"
fantastica wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 13 Tumblr_m8sg5s3ni81qgfb58o1_500
he looks 25 here.
total "bitch please" look right there. this boy is a master. simon and brian have thought him well.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/15/2012, 6:07 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:

I'm a heavy supporter of the fact that flirting is never cheating, ie. Kurt texting with Chandler was nothing but I can already see the rage some Klainers will get if Kurt flirts with someone whilst still in a relationship with Blaine. I can never see Kurt cheating without a good reason, he's not intentionally that hurtful. I CAN see however Kurt being angry or revengful about something and maybe doing too prompt and silly decisions without thinking of the ramifications.

I'm not as moral as you , I want Kurt to be flirted at in NY 24/7. It's time to bury the fucking penguin.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/15/2012, 6:20 pm

I remember in early S1, Kurt did wear a military-ish jacket when he grabbed Mercede's arms in the hallway scene. back then he had such a baby face it was almost a bit funny seeing him dressed like that. but now he's a handsome young man and the clothing fits him so effectively.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  happydays 8/15/2012, 8:55 pm

Ok this looks so boring Laughing
And look, a Blaine solo! Haven't you missed his voice??

Although the Kurt scene... If he gets to hold the baby I will be ded *fingers crossed*
happydays
happydays
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/15/2012, 9:06 pm

I didn't understand Brittany a word until I saw tumblr and she said Wade is Mercedes lol

Umm overall I loved those seconds Kurt is looking at Sue's baby. Sweet.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 8/15/2012, 9:15 pm

OMG, I knew Alex was going to be there, but I already dislike it greatly. There is going to be a competition for captain and if it goes to him, I will be so pissed. 3 years of seeing Kurt pushed to the back for being to effeminate and I can just see this show going with Unique as lead. In fact, he shows up as Wade, so I am guessing at some point he decides to be herself in the case of Unique and wins top spot. UGH! WHy do I care so much?

Also, I suspect Sue will recruit Kurt to recruit Wade/Unique. I also think Kurt will be getting pep talks through the episode. One from Sue (oh please, I need this. They definitely need to have them have a moment since he was her fave), one with Blaine, one with Burt, and maybe one with Shue and Rachel.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/15/2012, 10:27 pm

M&M wrote:OMG, I knew Alex was going to be there, but I already dislike it greatly. There is going to be a competition for captain and if it goes to him, I will be so pissed. 3 years of seeing Kurt pushed to the back for being to effeminate and I can just see this show going with Unique as lead. In fact, he shows up as Wade, so I am guessing at some point he decides to be herself in the case of Unique and wins top spot. UGH! WHy do I care so much?

Also, I suspect Sue will recruit Kurt to recruit Wade/Unique. I also think Kurt will be getting pep talks through the episode. One from Sue (oh please, I need this. They definitely need to have them have a moment since he was her fave), one with Blaine, one with Burt, and maybe one with Shue and Rachel.

But at least we know Kurt won't be in Lima all that episode, he will be in New York, so I won't worry about seeing Kurt at McKinley. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 13 650269930
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 8/15/2012, 10:36 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
M&M wrote:OMG, I knew Alex was going to be there, but I already dislike it greatly. There is going to be a competition for captain and if it goes to him, I will be so pissed. 3 years of seeing Kurt pushed to the back for being to effeminate and I can just see this show going with Unique as lead. In fact, he shows up as Wade, so I am guessing at some point he decides to be herself in the case of Unique and wins top spot. UGH! WHy do I care so much?

But at least we know Kurt won't be in Lima all that episode, he will be in New York, so I won't worry about seeing Kurt at McKinley. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 13 650269930

That's true. I shall be ignoring McKinley as much as possible.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/15/2012, 10:45 pm

Ok, I've seen the promo. Some good stuff, some crap worthy of eyerolls and a few seconds that made me go Awwww!!!!

The Good:

Liked the promo starting focus on McKinley rather than NY. This is still the foundation of the show and just because the biggest guns are moving one doesn't mean it should be completely abandoned.

Liked the new girl being slushied, which reminded us of Rachel being slushied in the pilot. Because few things are funner than watching Rachel Berry covered in colored slush.

The Eye-roll worthy stuff:

Blaine has another solo. In the courtyard. Singing to Kurt. Looks like this is going to be an anual happening. But Kurt can never sing for Blaine. Because in the Glee universe, Kurt is a troll that must be hidden away in a belltower. Wearing a gag.

Rachel at NYADA. Wow. A teacher that doesn't immediately start kissing her ass. How revolutionary. Can already see that the NYADA storyline is going to be a snore.

The stuff that makes me go Awwwww!:

Kurt! And Sue! And a baby! Sue's baby! I want to see Kurt hold Sue's baby. And then Sue can remind Kurt that he's amazing and shouldn't take a back seat to anyone.

Blaine in the choir room with his arm resting on the back of empty chair. Gets an awwww for the sentiment that he misses Kurt's presence there, but loses a few points because he was never allowed to sit with his arm around Kurt in the choir room.

Looks like we're in for another uneven season.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  msjoanlucette 8/15/2012, 10:52 pm

personally found the preview unappealing besides the kurt/sue/baby scene. :O
is it me or does mr. schue look slightly different?
also is unique an alternate personality or something? i mean. like a person he becomes or something? o.o i'm sort of confused as why he entered new directions as wade instead of unique. but technically wouldn't unique be the true wade if that's the true him?
for some reason, I don't really find brittany funny.
msjoanlucette
msjoanlucette
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 8/15/2012, 10:58 pm

msjoanlucette wrote:personally found the preview unappealing besides the kurt/sue/baby scene. :O
is it me or does mr. schue look slightly different?
also is unique an alternate personality or something? i mean. like a person he becomes or something? o.o i'm sort of confused as why he entered new directions as wade instead of unique. but technically wouldn't unique be the true wade if that's the true him?
for some reason, I don't really find brittany funny.

Matt Morrison got a buzz cut during the summer so his hair is still growing out.

Here's the thing with Unique. I think RM is making her transgender thisyear, but last year, the way Wade was protrayed, he liked to dress up to perform, so a drag performer. I don't know their plan now, but I think sooner rather than later, we will be seeing Unique all the time as opposed to Wade, atleast judging by one of the behind the scenes fan pictures.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/15/2012, 10:59 pm

ok that promo - is that hte season's premiere? i thought it was called "the new rachel"? why is it called "time"?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 8/15/2012, 11:06 pm

fantastica wrote:ok that promo - is that hte season's premiere? i thought it was called "the new rachel"? why is it called "time"?

It is. I don't know what's going on. I have my ideas on who will be the New Rachel, but speculation on another board is pointing to Marley, the girl who got slushied.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next