Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread

+11
dap1217
brisallie
Glorfindel
Delight
Ireth
tanita_mors
ColferGirl
mellama
Shinra17
fantastica
Jellyrolls
15 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Empty Re: 3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Shinra17 2/24/2012, 3:04 pm

^I'm still hoping that this SL will cause damage to some of the regulars... chuut
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Empty Blaine

Post  Guest 2/24/2012, 5:34 pm

I have company so have to make it brief. Was over looking at the KHAT, etc., and there is a thread called Blaine singing faces. Started out with a few Blainers saying they didn't like it and they quickly backtracted when others came in. At the end one person was trying to differ and her opinions were called silly. Not surprising. But the biggest laugh was them saying how Blaine was expressing and emoting over his memories of his gay bashing and Sebastian. Razz Razz Razz and WTF?? Did any of you get that impression, because I thought that was reaching w-a-y out there. And, of course, it was the directors who must have told him to act that way since it was not cut. Oh dear Lord, give me Max and his acting!!

Back to top Go down

3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Empty Re: 3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 2/24/2012, 8:08 pm

^There was a discussion about this on Snark and Bark.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 2/24/2012, 8:59 pm

I think Kurt suffered a lot in season 2 without the adults doing anything, and now they're all suddenly worried and taking things seriously because they realize that the way they handled things last year wasn't right? So Kurt's case was like an "example case" to help them deal with future cases? I liked Sue the most in that scene-she actually makes the most sense.

As for not being surprised that Kurt and Karofsky were at Breadstix-maybe the announcement the school made gave a reason for Karofsky's suicide attempt or Nick made a reference to Karofsky being with some guy from his old school on his Facebook wall?

Karen said a lot of good things about why everyone was so concerned about Karofsky. I'd also like to add that after Kurt returned to McKinley, he forgave Karofsky and Karofsky did go around doing the Bully Whips thing, which everyone else saw.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/24/2012, 11:15 pm

You know, I have to say that the more I watch the intro to the cough syrup scene, the more it bugs the heck out of me. Why did they silence Kurt after Blaine snapped at him about Sebastian? I mean, Kurt didn't say a word after Blaine interrupted him. His responses to Blaine's comments and questions were just looks (note that Chris doesn't say a lot in a look).

Seriously, when was the last time that we've seen Kurt and Blaine actually have a real one on one conversation with each other? Even the bedroom scene in Michael, they didn't communicate at all. Kurt was reading to Blaine, and then the conversation was entirely between Blaine and Finchel--Kurt remained mute until the song.

It seems like the trend lately is for Kurt to try to start conversation, Blaine does something to discourage the conversation or ignore it, and Kurt becomes a mute. These boys are either both whipped, or both really boring when they are together.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/24/2012, 11:26 pm

^ I said somewhere before (too lazy to search back) that they seem to have a communication problem. They avoid talking about serious things. I kind of miss SLS last season when at the end Kurt confronted him about his feelings to him and that's a more honest and open communication that we don't see anymore, except a little bit in TFT. Mostly, they are just candies and no substance.

Believe it or not, I HAVE BEEN in such a relationship. We hardly had any conflict, but we never felt really close. It's a very strange dynamic. Needless to say we are no longer together.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/24/2012, 11:52 pm

It's just kind of annoying because we didn't all always dislike Blaine with a passion. At least last season, they had communication. Now, it's like watching an old couple who love each other, but are bored with each other after being together for so long. I'm half expecting to see Kurt and Blaine talking about going to Denny's to get the $2.99 grand slam breakfast on senior citizens day in one of these episodes.

No offense to the Klaine or Blaine fans here, but I just can't see Kurt with Blaine anymore. Kurt should be with someone more interesting and fabulous.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/25/2012, 12:12 am

I have made a ~more detailed post about this on p_f and I'm also lazy to rewrite it but basically, they are boyfriend and they're not even friend. They are together for not being single. Aside from wy wish to see them break for acting reason, I think it would be also a logical thing to happen because of their lack of complicity.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/25/2012, 12:29 am

It just seems so OOC for Kurt to take a backseat to his boyfriend when it comes to performing. Where is the Kurt who would lament about not getting solo opportunities with Mercedes? Where is the Kurt who said, "It's like we're Blaine and the Pips." How did Kurt go from someone who wanted solos and got excited when he got them, to someone who is content to sit and watch with googly eyes as his boyfriend performs? By all logic, Kurt should be resentful and annoyed by Blaine.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/25/2012, 12:51 am

you resent blaine because you see him as a competition to kurt while kurt sees blaine as his dreamboat. that's why he's not competing w/ him. of course it drives me crazy.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/25/2012, 12:59 am

fantastica wrote:you resent blaine because you see him as a competition to kurt while kurt sees blaine as his dreamboat. that's why he's not competing w/ him. of course it drives me crazy.

I guess I just don't like Kurt as the boy who sees Blaine as his dreamboat. I want Kurt to have his passion about performing back.

Kurt needs to get the hell out of Lima and see what else is out there for him Wink
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/25/2012, 1:08 am

For that 1 1/2 ep Blaine was gone, it sorta seemed like we had more of the old Kurt back. Looking at Kurt's face in the cough syrup scene didn't look like he was too happy with Blaine. The more they keep them apart, the better I like it.

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/25/2012, 1:13 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
fantastica wrote:you resent blaine because you see him as a competition to kurt while kurt sees blaine as his dreamboat. that's why he's not competing w/ him. of course it drives me crazy.

I guess I just don't like Kurt as the boy who sees Blaine as his dreamboat.
I guess you want kurt to be your own dreamboat. Wink

he sure is mine. blushh (I mean, I want him to be my dreamboat son)

Last edited by fantastica on 2/25/2012, 1:32 am; edited 2 times in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/25/2012, 1:17 am

banzai I just want Kurt to be happy (and for Chris to have the opportunity to be amazing in all of his scenes instead of being heldback).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 2/25/2012, 1:32 am

Jellyrolls wrote:It's just kind of annoying because we didn't all always dislike Blaine with a passion. At least last season, they had communication. Now, it's like watching an old couple who love each other, but are bored with each other after being together for so long. I'm half expecting to see Kurt and Blaine talking about going to Denny's to get the $2.99 grand slam breakfast on senior citizens day in one of these episodes.

No offense to the Klaine or Blaine fans here, but I just can't see Kurt with Blaine anymore. Kurt should be with someone more interesting and fabulous.

Agreed. I'm one of the people who actually liked Blaine last season, and Klaine too. It was still imperfect and he was still inconsistently written, but not nearly on the horrible scale that he is now. I miss season 2!Blaine. I feel like he was abducted by aliens and replaced with an annoying, empty robot clone whose only mode is "sing". dryy (sorry, I guess that was more a comment for the Snark and Bark thread blushh )

Anyway, I mentioned it before, but I'm wondering if the lack of development and communication and so on between Klaine is purely just the writers being terrible writers, or if they're actually setting up a Klaine break up for the near future and these are the seeds they are planting. I hope so, but maybe it's just my wishful thinking.

Last edited by ColferGirl on 2/25/2012, 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 2/25/2012, 1:33 am

I have company so have to make it brief. Was over looking at the KHAT, etc., and there is a thread called Blaine singing faces. Started out with a few Blainers saying they didn't like it and they quickly backtracted when others came in. At the end one person was trying to differ and her opinions were called silly. Not surprising. But the biggest laugh was them saying how Blaine was expressing and emoting over his memories of his gay bashing and Sebastian. and WTF?? Did any of you get that impression, because I thought that was reaching w-a-y out there. And, of course, it was the directors who must have told him to act that way since it was not cut. Oh dear Lord, give me Max and his acting!!.
That was GabsterGirl btw, I haven't seen her on GF for a while after she left the KHAT. Should we PM her about this forum? I could do it.
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/25/2012, 1:36 am

you know a lot of times fans are complaining about certain issues, like Tina never sings, or Brittana never kissed, etc., and later they all sort to being brought up on the show. If we tweet enough, maybe Kurt will start complaining about his lack of singing as well. And I have no doubt that klaine's friction will be brought up, like "you always avoid these issues....." "we never talk....". don't be surprised if we hear it when the show returns in the spring.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/25/2012, 1:38 am

Struck by Lightning wrote:That was GabsterGirl btw, I haven't seen her on GF for a while after she left the KHAT. Should we PM her about this forum? I could do it.
I did, and she knows. But she said she was sick and tired of hte show now. :( I hope she will chanage her mind and drop by, but this show is not doing much to keep us old ladies interested for too long, or make us Kurtsies happy w/ more songs.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/25/2012, 6:59 am

Personally, I don't think there is any master plan behind the fact that Klaine have bad/or no communication. It's poor writing, plotting and the drawback because of a huge ass cast. I think that the writers feel that there is nothing wrong with Klaine's representation, and in their mind what is right doesn't need fixing.

There is a simple fact that may Klaine but mostly Blaine fans will never be able to admit, and that it that he will ALWAYS take the back seat, be less featured in the storyline, generally be less important the Kurt. We all want them to be on equal footing with similar development so they can work better as a couple and characters, but it will never happen. Blaine has always been and is likely always to be a prop for Kurt, a cute jukebox that mugs at the camera and flirts with the girls.

And you know what, at this point after everything, I'm fine with that, just give Kurt more songs, God dammit.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Coolbeans3131 2/25/2012, 9:50 am

tanita_mors wrote:Personally, I don't think there is any master plan behind the fact that Klaine have bad/or no communication. It's poor writing, plotting and the drawback because of a huge ass cast. I think that the writers feel that there is nothing wrong with Klaine's representation, and in their mind what is right doesn't need fixing.

There is a simple fact that may Klaine but mostly Blaine fans will never be able to admit, and that it that he will ALWAYS take the back seat, be less featured in the storyline, generally be less important the Kurt. We all want them to be on equal footing with similar development so they can work better as a couple and characters, but it will never happen. Blaine has always been and is likely always to be a prop for Kurt, a cute jukebox that mugs at the camera and flirts with the girls.
I think you're right. Klaine did interact and talk about things a lot more last season, but even then Blaine was there for Kurt and no other reason. They had to talk because that's where Kurt was. If Kurt was going to have any conversations or storyline, they had to have him talking to/doing it with Blaine. There weren't any other choices. Blaine and Klaine benefited from this. Now that Kurt is back at McKinely, he can interact with a lot of other people. They really are ruining Klaine. I've said before I don't hate them, I'm just losing more interest in them every day. Which makes me sad. :(
Coolbeans3131
Coolbeans3131
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/25/2012, 10:07 am

OT, but I posted about the forum on my tumblr. If anyone would like to reblog it, you can find the post here:

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com/post/18246131573/chris-colfer-fan-forum

I only have 10 followers, and most of you are here, so I'm not expecting too many members from my tumblr, but hopefully some folks will reblog it and spread the word.

ETA: I have also tweeted it.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/26/2012, 8:03 pm

So, I'm watching On My Way again, and I have a random observation. Brittania is sitting next to each other leaning into each other. Finchel is sitting next to each other touching. Like four people seperate Kurt and Blaine (and just for the record, Tike is sitting far from each other too).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/26/2012, 8:21 pm

i think we are getting used to the "unpairing" of hte canon pairs in choir room or group settings. they can sit with whoever they want. I don't usually sit w/ my husband in my own home. I usually sit w/ my cat, and he sits w/ cat hair. Razz

Last edited by fantastica on 2/26/2012, 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/26/2012, 10:16 pm

fantastica wrote:i think we are getting used to the "unpairing" of hte canon pairs in choir room or group settings. they can sit with whoever they want. I don't usually sit w/ my husband in my own home. I usually site w/ my cat, and he sits w/ cat hair. Razz

3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_m00dsg8aiO1qgtaei

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 2/27/2012, 12:21 am

If there is anybody on this message board that does not already know about my recap blog, please come visit it at
I'll tell you what I REALLY thought of that hospital scene between Kurt and David, and I will tell you... it isn't all roses.

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/2012/02/glee-3x14-on-my-way.html

The link feature on this board either is not working well, or I haven't figured it out yet.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next