Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2x7 "The Substitute" Watch and Discussion Thread

Go down

2x7 "The Substitute" Watch and Discussion Thread Empty 2x7 "The Substitute" Watch and Discussion Thread

Post  Jellyrolls 1/13/2013, 1:33 pm

Episode description from the DVD:

When Mr. Schuester gets sick, a substitute teacher takes over his Spanish class and the glee club, and winds up winning over the whole New Directions clan. Meanwhile, Sue fills in for Principal Figgins as McKinley's Principal. Gwenyth Paltrow guest stars.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

2x7 "The Substitute" Watch and Discussion Thread Empty Re: 2x7 "The Substitute" Watch and Discussion Thread

Post  Jellyrolls 1/13/2013, 2:32 pm

The sneeze on Figgy is so gross.

The little clee kids are really cute. I wish little Kurt got to talk, though.

I wonder if Mr. Shue and Terry played sick baby lften when they were married. Then again,, maybe I don't want to know.

I love Kurt putting up the crossed fingers when Santana goes crazy over Rachel.

Is that a warbler I spy in Spanish class? Looks like Kurt isn't the only boy run out of McKinley.

Only Kurt Hummel can get away with walking in to interrupt a class and get away with it. I love his enthusiasm towards Ms. Holiday, and Conjunction Junction was cute. And let's not forget, "you smell homeless, Brett."

Chris did a good job on his fall. Puck just keeps looking down at Kurt on the ground while Ms. Holiday speaks.

Forget You is a fun number. I'm not a huge fan of Gwenyth's voice, but I like the attitude in the song, and I love when she pulls Kurt up to dance. Chris was so adorable with his dance moves on this one. Rachel is taking Kurt's "I don't really care attitude" to the song.

"Make Them Laugh" was another fun number. Matt and Harry were so much fun to watch. They had the camp and moves for it. Their comic timing on the pratfalls was great.

What a great principal. Doing highlights and drinking wine on school property.

I wonder who Greg Evigan would have been playing in the Rent production Kurt and Blaine were going to. I'm thinking Roger.

Why didn't we get to see Gangster Rap Musical Chairs? That would have been entertaining to watch. I guess we have to settle for the youtube video of them playing musical chairs on a talk show (look around the 1 minute mark):

I love when Ms. Holiday tells Rachel she sucks.

Foam fishsticks. Yum.

This is one of the times I didn't like Mercedes. I hated that she was so enraged by her Tots crusade that she didn't even notice Karofsky call Kurt a homo. That should have stopped her outrage and turned it onto Karofsky. I love Kurt's reaction to the girl screaming tots, though.

"Nowadays/Hot Honey Rag" was another fun performance to watch. Of course, the best part of the very fun performance was watching Kurt sing along.

The Breadstix scene was cute. I love when the little purse comes out of Kurt's mouth. Mercedes sure picked up when she found out she could get some tots at Breadstix.

The Kurtcedes scene was a little bit odd. The transition from the discussion about tots to Kurt saying, "I'm not breaking it off with Blaine" was a bit odd. I liked what Kurt said to her, but getting there was just a bit awkward.

I loved Ms. Holiday as a history teacher. The Mary Todd Lincoln thing was pretty funny.

"Singing In The Rain/Umbrella" is one of my favorite numbers to watch. It just looked like they were having so much fun to watch. Iwas one of the better choreographed group numbers for the new directions--not the typical walking and switching places that we usually see.

Watching the whole thing again, I have to say that this is probably one of the better Glee episodes. The storylines were good, and the performances were very entertaining.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down