Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2x6 "Never Been Kissed" Watch and Discussion Thread

Go down

2x6 "Never Been Kissed" Watch and Discussion Thread Empty 2x6 "Never Been Kissed" Watch and Discussion Thread

Post  Jellyrolls 1/10/2013, 9:38 pm

Episode description from the DVD:

After Finn and Sam find an unconventional way of controlling their urges, a few glee club members pickup on th strategy and start using it too. But when Coach Beiste gets wind of what they are up to, the glee club has some explaining to do. Meanwhile, Kurt's new friend from another school gives him courage to stand up to the class bully. Introducing Darren Criss to the cast.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

2x6 "Never Been Kissed" Watch and Discussion Thread Empty Re: 2x6 "Never Been Kissed" Watch and Discussion Thread

Post  Jellyrolls 1/10/2013, 10:38 pm

I could have done without seeing Beiste pick a wedgie.

I miss Tina and Kurt's friendship. She was with him through so much of the bullying.

Oh look, future lesbian Santana is ready with to spout out gay jokes.

It's touch to watch Kurt be pushed into the lockers again, but I love that he wasn't afraid to speak up to Karofsky here or in Theatricallity.

Mr. Schue really failed Kurt here. He shouldn't have let Kurt walk out of the office, and he should have told Kurt that he didn't have to go through it alone. He should have done more to help Kurt here to prevent the future bullying.

Gotta love Kurt's enthusiasm for the assignment. Too bad it was wasted on the boys. Oh, to turn back the Glee clock and not have Puck tell Kurt to spy on the Warblers.

The Beiste fantasizing was creepy. And then Sam saying her name, and not realizing he did it. Ugh.

"One Love/People Get Ready" was a nice little performance. Mark and Kevin's voice blend well together. It's funny how puck can put fear in the students with just a look.

And there he is. Blaine. It's hard to watch this now two years later knowing what happened to Klaine in season three and four, and knowing what Blaine became. I know when I realized that Kurt was going to have a potential love interest, I was so excited and happy for Kurt.

The Kurt and Blaine running hand in hand is one of my least favorite scenes on the show--Not because I mind seeing boys running hand in hand, but because it happened 10 seconds after they met.

Rewatching "Teenage Dream" again, it reminds me of how much more I enjoyed Darren with the Beelzebubs as his backup. It adds a richness to his voice that he just doesn't have when he is singing solo or with studio musicians. Random comment, don't they say Darren is like 5'8"? He looks so much shorter than all the Warblers. I wonder if he is really 5'8" or if they add a couple of inches to his height.

I don't really have much commentary on the Beiste storyline. I just don't find it that amusing.

Chris was so good in the scene when he tells Blaine about the bullying. You can see his pain he is feeling You can see how it is wearing him down.

The thing that really bugs me about the Blaine's advice was that Kurt didn't need the advice that Blaine gave him. Kurt was worn down. He felt alone. He was at the end of his ropes as far as the bullying was concerned. But he was never afraid to stand up to his bullies. He spoke to them with strength and power in this episode, and also in theatricality. He didn't need Blaine to tell him to have courage--he had acted with courage throughout the bullying. He didn't need Blaine to tell him to stand up to his bullies--he was already doing that. He needed someone to be his friend. He needed someone to listen to what he was going through, and help lead him to a solution that would make the McKinley a safe environment for Kurt again.

I liked the girls mash up. Quinn looks like Bret Michaels.

Chris and Max were both so great in the locker room scene. Kurt was so strong, and Chris delivered the lines perfectly. I remember being completely shocked by the kiss when I first saw the episode--it was so unexpected. It is amazing to see how much emotion Chris put into his expressions after it. You can see Kurt's fear and his confusion over what happened. The shaking and the posture added with the expressions really made me want to just hug kiss.

The advice that Blaine gives to Dave is good advice, but it's another one of those retrospect things where you realize that making Blaine a junior kind of negated what happened here. And again, you can see the pain Kurt is feeling over having his first real kiss stolen from him. Mr. Perfect didn't really know how to respond to that one, did he.

Though I didn't like the scene with Beiste and Will, Dot Marie was really good in the scene. It was kind of uncomfortable watching Beiste and Will have the conversation, and then it was awkward watching them kiss. The kiss wasn't what Beiste needed there. It was very patronizing. It was a pity kiss.

I would like to know how Kurt got a picture of Blaine for his locker.

The locker push at the end is the hardest one to watch. You can just see the hopelessness Kurt is feeling there.

The boys mashup was very charming, but I'll never forgive them for not letting Kurt sing part of it, especially after the comment earlier about how it would only work if Kurt took the lead. Chris was exceptionally adorable in this one. His movements were so fun to watch.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down