Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread

+11
dap1217
brisallie
Glorfindel
Delight
Ireth
tanita_mors
ColferGirl
mellama
Shinra17
fantastica
Jellyrolls
15 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread Empty 3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 2/21/2012, 11:01 am

I know people want don't want a boatload of threads around here, but many of us think it's a good idea to have a thread to discuss the episodes after they actually air rather than having them split into the spoiler thread for a while, and then into the appreciation thread.

It takes a day or two for some of our friends outside of the United States to find a watchable copy of the show, so we want to have a place where everyone can freely discuss the episodes without giving a play by play in the spoiler or appreciation threads. This will allow them to still visit the spoiler and appreciation threads without having to worry about hearing everything that happened in the episode.

So, this thread is for discussing the episodes after they air each week (or even as they are airing if you want to make comments while you watch, which is one of my favorite things to do).

Please note that cricital analysis of other characters and actors is allowed on this thread if it pertains directly to the current episode. The moderators reserve the right to move a discussion to the snark and bark thread if there is a prolonged discussion about a certain actor or character in order to keep this thread enjoyable for all. Your thoughts will not be silenced, they just may be moved to another thread if a discussion turns from constructive criticism to griping.

I look forward to overanalyzing the episodes with all of you!

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 4/1/2012, 2:36 am; edited 4 times in total
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread Empty Re: 3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 2/21/2012, 10:12 pm

So, whose watching? I was on the phone, so I only half watched the beginning.

You know, I have to say that they lumped Kurt with the girls. Remember when Rachel got egged? Kurt jumped up with the guys. Now, the guys jump up for Finn, and Kurt stays seated with the girls? Where is our fierce Kurt? grrr.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread Empty Re: 3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 2/21/2012, 10:14 pm

OMG, I'm crying already. I want to hug Kurt.

Editing my post to add more comments at commerical:

Wow. McKinley doesn't have a no peanut rule like most of the schools in my area.

Did anyone else notice Mike pick a wedgie in the choir room scene?

Carousel must be freaking out because of the peaceful Figgy in the audience.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/21/2012, 10:33 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:So, whose watching?
nobody. continue w/ your monologue. lol!

i like it so far... except when they retconed sebby in 1 minute (just like I thought they would)
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/21/2012, 10:37 pm

Of course they retconned Sebby. And he loves the ND now.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/21/2012, 11:16 pm

Wow. What an episode. I think I'm going to have to watch it two or three times to fully take it all in.

I thought that we saw a several cast members at their best, especially Chris, Max, and Matthew. I really liked the scene in the auditorium with all of them in the circle.

Laughing at Sue's comment about the curry and Figgy. They have to be reading my fan fic. hehe. Except for the fact that this was probably filmed long before I wrote my fan fiction.

I rewatching it now, so I'm sure I'll have more comments.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread Empty Kurtofsky

Post  Guest 2/21/2012, 11:17 pm

Did you see My darling Figgy swooning to the music?? wub wub

Oh God, I could have done without everything but the Kurt/Dave scenes. My God those two have acting chemistry!

I hated the Blaine derp faces and he and Santana rapping was God awful! Sebastian is already being reconned. Miss the Belzebubs!! Loved the bit of Kurtcedes. Could care less about the rest!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/21/2012, 11:28 pm

I didn't really care for the songs. None of the performances were particularly memorable for me.

I have to say the Sebby retcon didn't sit well for me. The "we're collecting for charity" and the Warblers dedicating the performance to Karofsky. But I'm sure he'll be an ass again soon.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/21/2012, 11:32 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I didn't really care for the songs. None of the performances were particularly memorable for me.

I have to say the Sebby retcon didn't sit well for me. The "we're collecting for charity" and the Warblers dedicating the performance to Karofsky. But I'm sure he'll be an ass again soon.

My dear, we have to make him nice now so we can use him. It's like how they went too far with the Dave bullying, they should have stopped before the slushie, but the tweens won't care about that as long as Sebby is hot.

And the other Warblers would not have known him, unless they had all been to Scandals

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/21/2012, 11:32 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I rewatching it now, so I'm sure I'll have more comments.
I'm so jealous right now, I have to wait until tomorrow afternoon... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad and like an idiot I've already read all the live comments on 2 boards (because usually, the comments there are hilarious and it's funny to read the reactions without the image). There were so many good comments about Chris & Max acting, pffff!
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/21/2012, 11:34 pm

I didn't listen to friday preview, so this is the first time I heard the songs. I have heard hte original cough syrup before. the song is nice but it's probably better listening to it than watching. i mean I can't stand his face either, and it's not just his face, but his lower body posture...

anyway, overall, I love this episode. the only thing I hate is the sebby reconning part. I am sure he will be in the mckinley next year. let him heart eye w/ blaine then. I can't wait for them to free kurt.

thanks to all teh spoilers the episode isn't shocking to me at all but I still enjoyed it, because the writing is good and (aside from sebby's retconning) everything is believable. I was never very impressed w/ Dianna but I am surprised how much I like her and how good she is in this episode. She actually touches me.

poor kurt is red eyed most of the time. I love the hospital scene so much. I have rarely teared up when watching glee (first time was in GC at the end) but I honestly was again at this scene. it's a surprisingly uplifting scene. well written and well acted and very moving. Everybody dreaded the suicide plot but they handled really well in my opinion.

then there's the berry dads. love them! they are definitely funny in that court hallway scene. Just about everything about this episode is worth rewatching, except ... grrr.... you know what (will say out loud in the SnB thread later).

oh before I go, the music again - somehow the warbler performances aren't as bad as I thought. their second song is too "flat" melody wise for my taste. the fly mashup is beautiful, except the rapping. kevin is great in his vocal (lea too). not sure if good rapper than save this part but I think the rapping portion should be completely axed. It doesn't fit at all.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/21/2012, 11:35 pm

Shinra17 wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:I rewatching it now, so I'm sure I'll have more comments.
I'm so jealous right now, I have to wait until tomorrow afternoon... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad and like an idiot I've already read all the live comments on 2 boards (because usually, the comments there are hilarious and it's funny to read the reactions without the image). There were so many good comments about Chris & Max acting, pffff!
Shinra, you are ruining your own enjoyment of hte show! get out of here!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/21/2012, 11:37 pm

Carousel wrote:
And the other Warblers would not have known him, unless they had all been to Scandals

the other warblers are all nameless brainless thoughtless singing and dancing zombies.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/21/2012, 11:38 pm

OH, and can I say that I was glad to see Finn be teh first one to stand during the Warblers performance. I like seeing bits of leadership in him--it's part of him growing up.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/21/2012, 11:50 pm

I was more affected by the Kurt feeling responsible scene with the God squad than the hospital scene (not that I didn't think that scene was amazing). I can relate to the guilt that Kurt was going through because I went through that kind of guilt when I lost my mom--wondering if I could have done more or done something different the day she had to be rushed to the hospital after I left for work. Chris did an amazing job of conveying the torture and guilt in that moment. It brought tears to my eyes both times I watched it.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/21/2012, 11:52 pm

^ i am glad they have him say why he would cheer for the oppositions.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mellama 2/22/2012, 12:29 am

Jellyrolls wrote:I was more affected by the Kurt feeling responsible scene with the God squad than the hospital scene (not that I didn't think that scene was amazing). I can relate to the guilt that Kurt was going through because I went through that kind of guilt when I lost my mom--wondering if I could have done more or done something different the day she had to be rushed to the hospital after I left for work. Chris did an amazing job of conveying the torture and guilt in that moment. It brought tears to my eyes both times I watched it.

Chris is an incredible actor portraying a sensitive and loving character. He always brings me to tears, too.

But I was a little taken aback with the God Squad scene for a couple of reasons.

As an agnostic, I really, really hope they keep him an open thinker. I think it fits his fiercely independent persona and would hate to see that ret conned. I love that a character is presented as deeply moral and compassionate without being religious. (I realize this comment may take me into iffy territory and am willing to not go there if others prefer. On the other hand, I'm also willing to agree to disagree in a friendly manner. )

Even more dissonant to me was the premise that he had nowhere else to go to talk about his feelings. Really? Not with Blaine?!? It's bad enough they don't let them have meaningful conversations on the show. But now they're establishing in canon that they don't have meaningingful conversations off screen. How can they have any kind of meaningful relationship and Blaine not be the first person Kurt turns to?

Or Burt. Really? The perfect dad who Kurt discusses everything with, who is always supportive and understanding and who'll always be there for his son?

Kurt's scene should have happened. But I think the God squad would be about the last place Kurt would go to have that discussion. JMO.

Last edited by mellama on 2/22/2012, 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos)
mellama
mellama
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/22/2012, 12:37 am

Mellama, you are right. The God Squad probably would be the last people Kurt would go to, but then again, grief makes you do things you normally wouldn't do.

Oh, and edited to add, Yeah, Kurt and Blaine don't have meaningful conversations but they did get to walk hand in hand down an almost empty school hallway. Wow.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/22/2012, 12:50 am

I don't have this issue w/ god squad. I dont view it as Kurt wavering his faith (or more acurately, lack of it). He simply wants to "pray" for Dave and have a roomful of ears to listen to him. I am an athiest myself and when it comes to my loved ones dying or something like that, I prayed too - not to a deity, for for my loved one in peace, and for my own strength and courage. one can be spiritual without believing God. For me I simply substitute god w/ my own will.

I knew they would make Kurt feel guilty for Dave's suicide - it would be only way to make chris cry so much in this episode. it makes narative sense too because Dave desperately seeked help before he hanged himself - he reached out to the only person who would not judge him for who he is. it's also very relevent message wise because a lot of youth show signs of distress and attemped to reach out before attemping suicides, but a lot of times they get ignored. only if people around them are more attentative to these signals ... but here it's not really Kurt's fault (thank god!). kurt didn't want to answer his phone because he though Dave wanted to date him. He was just mistaken. anyway hte hospital scene is extremely moving and satifying. both actors acted the hell out of the scene. it's not just pretty crying. last episode Shane was crying, and it was god aweful because I feel like they just put glycerin on his face. when chris and max cried, you can feel the pain behind those tears. gosh writing this make me tear up again. excuse me for a second...

Last edited by fantastica on 2/22/2012, 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 2/22/2012, 1:51 am

I liked the episode a lot more than I thought I would, even if as a part of the online fandom and a spoiler junkie, nothing actually surprised me.

Chris's scenes were phenomenal, especially the one in the hospital with Dave. It amazes me just how good he is. Seeing Kurt cry is like being emotionally punched in the gut. I loved every second of it, I can't wait to watch the hospital scene and the God Squad scene again, they were so so good. Even if my heart broke that Kurt blamed himself, like I feared he would. I'm glad Karofsky didn't try and place any blame on him, tried to make him see that he had nothing to feel guilt for. And the "close your eyes, imagine when you're happy however many years from now" part was so sweet.

I don't love Dave, but I did feel really bad for him during the Cough Syrup montage. I can't not feel bad when I see someone hurting that much, even if he made Kurt feel similarly horrible last season. No one deserves to feel so hurt and hated that they can't live anymore....I'm glad that he lived, and that hopefully his Dad is supportive (I know he said his mom wasn't). I'm also glad that Dave himself didn't forget how terrible he was to Kurt, and said so in the hospital scene, and pointed out how he couldn't take a week's worth of the suffering Kurt endured for months. It just highlights what an incredible kid Kurt is; he's so emotionally vulnerable, with his heart on his sleeve and cries so easily, and yet he's so strong too. I love Kurt so much.

I loved the scene with Burt, Carole, and the Berrys. It was hilarious. The Barbara part was awesome, and so was their plans to stop the wedding. If anyone gets a screenshot, I know Blaine was in the room with the bridesmaids like Kurt, but did he have a bridesmaid bouquet like Kurt did, or was he technically one of the best men and just sitting there with them (before the ceremony started)? It doesn't matter either way, I'm just curious, and I couldn't tell the first time I watched it.

The Regionals performances were underwhelming, although all of ND's songs are warming up to me. Still hate the Warbler ones and hope this is the last we'll see of them this season. Also, I disliked Sebastian's 180 degree turn. It was too sudden, too soon, didn't feel real enough to me. But hopefully this means he will stay the heck away now. Also, I'm irritated that he didn't apologize to Kurt for trying to hurt HIM with that slushie along with Blaine, since he was the original intendent, and also no apology for his treatment of Kurt whatsoever. :angry:

What else...the Sue plot is strange, BUT. Hearing her tell Will that she wants to help him win Nationals gives me the faint hope that maybe the continuity phoenix will rise from the ashes, and she'll remember it was one Kurt Hummel and a 14 minute french Celine Dion medley that won her Nationals two years ago, and if he did it once, he can do it again. Wink

mellama wrote:

Chris is an incredible actor portraying a sensitive and loving character. He always brings me to tears, too.

But I was a little taken aback with the God Squad scene for a couple of reasons.

As an agnostic, I really, really hope they keep him an open thinker. I think it fits his fiercely independent persona and would hate to see that ret conned. I love that a character is presented as deeply moral and compassionate without being religious. (I realize this comment may take me into iffy territory and am willing to not go there if others prefer. On the other hand, I'm also willing to agree to disagree in a friendly manner. )

Even more dissonant to me was the premise that he had nowhere else to go to talk about his feelings. Really? Not with Blaine?!? It's bad enough they don't let them have meaningful conversations on the show. But now they're establishing in canon that they don't have meaningingful conversations off screen. How can they have any kind of meaningful relationship and Blaine not be the first person Kurt turns to?

Or Burt. Really? The perfect dad who Kurt discusses everything with, who is always supportive and understanding and who'll always be there for his son?

Kurt's scene should have happened. But I think the God squad would be about the last place Kurt would go to have that discussion. JMO.

This is just how I interpreted the God Squad scene, but...

I think it wasn't so much that Kurt wanted to look to God, or was feeling religious. Nor were they trying to imply that Burt or Blaine were people Kurt can't turn to when he needs comfort or help.

But in this situation, I think Burt and Blaine were the wrong choices because of how dearly much they love Kurt, and especially if they know the full truth about what Karofsky did to him. If Kurt went to them with his guilt and his depression over what happened to Karofsky, they might tell him it wasn't his fault and that he's stupid for feeling bad at all, or to screw Karofsky because of everything he did in the past, or so on. And at that moment, that's not what Kurt wanted to hear (even if that first part, it not being his fault, is 100% true). I think Kurt went to the God Squad because he needed someone to listen to him and be there for him, but to also be more impartial, to be less involved in what had happened to Kurt and how those past actions should affect how Kurt reacts now. Kurt probably wanted someone to listen who wouldn't immediately brush aside what he perceived to be his responsibility. People who'd let him mourn the way that he needed at the time, and not just comfort him out right - to let him find an outlet for that guilt and sadness without trying to immediately extinguish it. I hope this makes sense....it probably doesn't. unsure
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/22/2012, 2:04 am

^ThIS! agree w/ you almost everything.

Sue's niceness is attributed to her "hormones". I think she has a point. pregnancy hormones often give a more positive mood (the opposit is after birth, the crash of these hormones can sometimes lead to horrible depression). I myself have experienced those hormonal mood wings w/ the pregnancies and births of my children. maybe not everything have the same experience, but it's not that weird for me.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mellama 2/22/2012, 2:08 am

Jellyrolls wrote:Mellama, you are right. The God Squad probably would be the last people Kurt would go to, but then again, grief makes you do things you normally wouldn't do.

True. And if that were the worst OOC behavior of the show, I probably wouldn't bother noticing. It's just one more straw added to a whole truckload. I'm at the point where everything irritates.

My number one grievance is that Kurt didn't get to sing. I feel like Artie with Scream. I'm so frustrated, so aggravated. I want it fixed and I want it fixed N O W!!!! Sebastian got TWO solos. beam ( Is there a hissy fit emote? I need one. )
TWO That's the color of my face as I scream.
M
I actually like Grant Gustin, think he was doing a decent job as antagonist. Don't want him featured; don't mind him as second tier.

I'm not sure if Seb's two songs bothered me more or if it was that TPTB seemed to use everybody except Kurt in the ND competitions. beam to whoever determined who would get featured. I wanted ND to lose. They deserve to lose. The songs were crap. The performances were so so. (OTOH, the songs were so bad I was kinda glad Kurt wasn't singing. At least his detractors can't blame him for the dreck.)

I despise all the ret conning. H A T E it. So I'm a hater and a tater. Laughing

I guess this show is teaching me that I don't forgive easily and I hold on to grudges. Cuz guess what?

I still don't like Sebastian and it's gonna take a whole lot more work on his part before I start seeing him in a positive light. But if he continues to consistently show positive behavior, Blaine's welcome to him. After Kurt breaks up with Blaine because he meets a bunch of really gorgeous, sophisticated gays who pursue him in NY and he realizes he needs more intellectual and emotional stimulation than Bland can offer. OK, I actually like Blaine and that's just me being b*tchy cuz I think they may be setting up a Sebastian/Blaine romance for next season. And I really hope they include in the story that Sebastian gets tested and is cleared before he and Blaine hook up. just sayin'.

Even though Will and Sue actually acted like caring adults this episode, I'm not buying. They've had two and a half seasons of behaving in a ridiculously inappropriate manner when not acting outright illegally. Maybe in about two seasons I'll accept them as sympathetic characters if they are portrayed as consistently sympathetic and professional. What are the odds? Laughing

Is anyone else as deeply horrified as I am at the thought of Sue, who self admittedly vibrates with rage on a daily basis, as a Mother? OMG Call family services N O W! A woman who pushes people down stairs, who publicly slugged a person on stage, who throws kids into lockers, whose every other utterance is bullying and emotionally abusive.
There are no words to describe how thoroughly I reject and object to this story.

I was appalled when they first brought the story line up. I hoped it was gonna be just a stupid one episode throw away. Even then, I thought it showed what a lousy counselor Emma is. Yes, maybe having a baby would be good for Sue. But someone needs to confront Sue on the immaturity of that thinking. That's like crazy Quinn think. No, you don't have a baby because it's good for you. The important question is would you be a good parent? Do you have the emotional maturity and financial resources to raise the child well and give it a chance at a happy life? That's how Emma should have responded to Sue, IMO. But then she'd have to apply that to herself, so ... Forget it. I shudder at the thought of any of them being parents.

OTOH, I love the Hudmel Berrys! That scene in the hallway with all the crazy plotting was fabulous. I especially love Hiram. And I really, really want Kurt to interact with the Dads Berry. As someone, Marie? already wrote on the other board, I'd love for them and Kurt, Finn, Rachel, Santana, Burt and Carol to be the focus of a NY spin off. It could be soooo good. Sigh.

I can't even get into how all the gay issues are affecting me right now. I'll respond to that in a later post.

mellama
mellama
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/22/2012, 2:18 am

I predict Sue will have a miscarriage. she is pretty old and people at that age has a high risk of miscarriages. it would be more drama down the line. then next season he will try again and succeeds, and then the show ends. everybody is glee!

now here's the BTS video of this episode:

p.s. so easy to add video on this forum!!!! love it!

now my comments about this bts: Chris loving acting w/ Max is totally not a surprise. but I can see Klaine fans getting really pissed.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread Empty Oh Yeah!!

Post  Guest 2/22/2012, 2:35 am

Chris said he would work with Max every day if he could and Max said>>>

Rae Votta: You had a powerful scene with Chris Colfer (Kurt) in this episode, and you've had a lot of them throughout the series. How was working with Chris on this one in comparison to others you've done?

Max Adler: I would work with Chris every day for the rest of my life. He's just a natural, genuine person. There's something when you're looking in his eyes in a scene and everything in life kind of goes away. You can completely surrender to the characters, the circumstance and the situation. We just get that about each other, there's something about our scenes where we live in the world of all the subtext and what's really being said in between the lines. I think that's what people have responded to, and it's so appreciated. Also the writers have done such a great job fleshing out these characters, and people can relate to them because they know somebody like one of these characters. Chris gives 100 percent, even when it's my closeup and there's no camera on him he'll be shedding tears, which obviously helps my performance. We both have respect and love for our craft and the message we're portraying. I think when he visits me in the hospital is one of the most powerful scene that we've shot, because Kurt realizes that Karofksy needs a friend. He's dangling off a cliff by a thread, and he needs someone on the other end to show him that it's going to be okay and that there's a future where people will love him for who he is. Kurt is the only one to step up for him to do that. It's one of the first times you see us on the same page as opposed to at war with each other.

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/22/2012, 2:40 am

3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread Tumblr_lzs2l2mIbl1r3tr12o1_500

^ that's exactly how I looked when I watched this scene, except I am not that pretty. crycry
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next