Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4

+36
ladydianab
bayth
ColferGirl
Catt24
Vir Cotto
emilynna
kac
Dame Loli
ChrisColferFan1
Divalicious
dap1217
E-ko
Ireth
msjoanlucette
happydays
sheny
paulopf
fountain
Esme
Shinra17
Emile
valkeakuulas
CloveGlee
Jellyrolls
arina
ColferInspired
Delight
fantastica
sjonnepon
tanita_mors
sahhar
Glorfindel
BlueJazz
Buenos
M&M
brisallie
40 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4

Post  ColferInspired 5/15/2012, 5:29 am

I loved it when Lea said working everyday with Chris, when talking about Sarah Jessica Parker.

I hope this means Hummelberry duets. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 2 4247136565

I'm starting to think we might not see a lot of Corey, which is sad. At the moment it sounds like they are focussed on Kurt and Rachel for the time being, until they work out the rest of the show. We might hear more about Finn later on.

This will keep a lot of the fandom happy, and stop any backlash. For once for RIB this is a smart move.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4

Post  Glorfindel 5/15/2012, 5:32 am

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/15/2012, 5:44 am

Glorfindel wrote:

Oh, it's on Youtube. That's wonderful. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 2 650269930

But I have seen it already. The library blocks Adobe Flashplayer now, so I cannot watch any video's unless it is on Youtube. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 2 1371890812
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 5/15/2012, 6:42 am

I know that people won't like it very much and it would be kind of weird after the whole NYADA storyline but I kind feel they maybe want to turn Kurt into fashion... But who knows. Maybe he will do both and maybe (probably) my guess is completely wrong.:-
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/15/2012, 7:42 am

Frankly, at this moment in time, I just want Kurt on the show full time next year. Performing arts or fashion or something completely different, I just don't give a fuck. Just a lot of Kurt. (but given that it's a musical, I think performing arts are a given really)
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/15/2012, 8:04 am

You know, I have to say that part where Kristen asked about Klaine really has me thinking. You can tell Chris is thinking about how to answer it while Lea's talking. And then when he made he "they're going to zig, but then they zag" comment, it made me wonder if he was trying to give us one of his veiled hints that he likes to give us from time to time. I wonder if it was a comparison to when Blaine said, "Just when I think you're going to zig, you zag" comment when Kurt gave him flowers. You know, like we think it's going to go one way, but then it goes the other. So could that have been Chris' way of saying, "Well, you think Klaine is going to do the long distance thing, but then you find out that they aren't."

Maybe I'm reading to much into it because that is what I want so badly, but I have to wonder if Chris used those particular words for a reason.

Food for thought Wink
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/15/2012, 10:39 am

I loved it when Lea said working everyday with Chris, when talking about Sarah Jessica Parker.

I hope this means Hummelberry duets.

I'm starting to think we might not see a lot of Corey, which is sad. At the moment it sounds like they are focussed on Kurt and Rachel for the time being, until they work out the rest of the show. We might hear more about Finn later on.

This will keep a lot of the fandom happy, and stop any backlash. For once for RIB this is a smart move.

I think the Upfronts this time was a way to insure everyone that both Lea and Chris were going to be front and center for season 4 and working together. It seemed to me to be hand holding reassurance to everyone that their big guns were going to be used, no questions asked. The fact that they each have their have their "own" guest star working with them implies that their storylines will finally be more about them and their career dreams/goals as opposed to just relationship dynamics. (and yes, I realize being Glee it can all come crashing down as far as actual plots)

I know that people won't like it very much and it would be kind of weird after the whole NYADA storyline but I kind feel they maybe want to turn Kurt into fashion... But who knows. Maybe he will do both and maybe (probably) my guess is completely wrong.:-

I would be cool with that if the storyline is interesting and Kurt's character is developed in an interesting way. The only thing that would annoy me is that IMO some of that speculation,( and not implying yours is) is sort of backhanded way of saying they don't think it's plausible for Kurt to have a career in musical theatre, ie he doesn't have the adequate skill set. For example, there is rarely speculation of Rachel doing anything but having a performance career, whereas with Kurt they seem to always think he's going to veer off toward fashion.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/15/2012, 10:58 am

Buenos wrote:
I think the Upfronts this time was a way to insure everyone that both Lea and Chris were going to be front and center for season 4 and working together. It seemed to me to be hand holding reassurance to everyone that their big guns were going to be used, no questions asked. The fact that they each have their have their "own" guest star working with them implies that their storylines will finally be more about them and their career dreams/goals as opposed to just relationship dynamics. (and yes, I realize being Glee it can all come crashing down as far as actual plots)

They definitely needed to show the advertisers that the big guns would be prominently featured. And it says a lot about where season 4 is going to go when two big name guest stars are announced and they are placed in the New York storyline instead of the McKinley storyline.

ETA: And it shocks me that they already have two big name stars lined up for multi-episodes arcs next year, and that two big name stars actually agreed to appear on the show--Glee and Ryan Murphy still have some pull.

Buenos wrote:

I would be cool with that if the storyline is interesting and Kurt's character is developed in an interesting way. The only thing that would annoy me is that IMO some of that speculation,( and not implying yours is) is sort of backhanded way of saying they don't think it's plausible for Kurt to have a career in musical theatre, ie he doesn't have the adequate skill set. For example, there is rarely speculation of Rachel doing anything but having a performance career, whereas with Kurt they seem to always think he's going to veer off toward fashion.

I think a lot of the thought of Kurt going into fashion has a lot to do that Chris said that he could see Kurt getting an internship with vogue and then starting Kurtin magazine. There is a portion of the fandom that mistakes the actors vision for the character with canon or something that should happen when ultimately it's the writers--not Chris--who are responsible for guiding the character to what he wants to do. It's kind of like the fans who tweet endlessly that Klaine should sing "Come What May' because Chris mentioned it in an interview 16 months ago that he thought Klaine should sing it.

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 5/15/2012, 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 5/15/2012, 10:59 am

How is it possible that after a few weeks of really trying not to be so terribly pissed off about Kurt not singing at Nationals, they still find ways to piss me off again?
The writing is so offensive sometimes. They really don't know what they are doing, what consequences one storyline has for the other characters, do they?

They actually went out of their way to explain why Kurt does not get to sing. That... is insulting.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/15/2012, 11:05 am

Jellyrolls wrote:You know, I have to say that part where Kristen asked about Klaine really has me thinking. You can tell Chris is thinking about how to answer it while Lea's talking. And then when he made he "they're going to zig, but then they zag" comment, it made me wonder if he was trying to give us one of his veiled hints that he likes to give us from time to time. I wonder if it was a comparison to when Blaine said, "Just when I think you're going to zig, you zag" comment when Kurt gave him flowers. You know, like we think it's going to go one way, but then it goes the other. So could that have been Chris' way of saying, "Well, you think Klaine is going to do the long distance thing, but then you find out that they aren't."

Maybe I'm reading to much into it because that is what I want so badly, but I have to wonder if Chris used those particular words for a reason.

Food for thought Wink

I also kept thinking how he sidenotes a lot of his comments and this could mean Klaine separating for at least the beginning of the season 4. But one thing is for sure we'll know the destiny of Klaine in the last episode.

BTW I also read that quiet "I'm sorry", when Kristin said she's going to be maimed by Klainers if she does not ask about them, as a hint that Chris still gets crap from that and might still be quite bored with it as well and knows the wrath of hardcore Klainers. That makes me so angry.

Thank heavens these two are good together in interviews and I also believe these two were the only ones on the carpet to tell the advertisers exactly that this show IS still worth investing since they are keeping two of their biggest stars.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 5/15/2012, 11:25 am

'Glee' scoop: New Britney Spears tribute planned for fall; plus details on Kate Hudson's role
Yesterday, Fox announced that pop superstar Britney Spears would be joining their reality competition The X-Factor as a judge and that Glee would follow X-Factor‘s results show on Thursdays. Now comes even more exciting Britney/Glee news: EW has exclusively learned that Glee is planning a second Britney Spears tribute for the fall! Set to be the second episode of the series’ fourth season, this hour homage to Brit Brit will feature eight of her songs but won’t focus on the character of Brittany (Heather Morris) as the first tribute did (Spears is not scheduled to appear in the episode as of now but producers are hoping to work out a deal). The reason for the Spears hour is because the network is so excited about the pairing of a Spears/X-Factor with Glee on Thursday nights. It also certainly doesn’t hurt that the original Britney tribute, which aired early in the second season, is still one of Glee’s highest-rated episode to date.

In other Glee news, Chris Colfer let it slip today on Live! With Kelly that the newly announced guest-star Sarah Jessica Parker would be playing Kurt’s mentor on the fourth season. EW has now learned that Kate Hudson, the other big star set for a Glee arc next season, will be playing a similar mentor-type role to Rachel Berry (Lea Michele). Hudson’s role will have her singing but will also be very dance-heavy, which the actress should be able to easily handle as evidenced by her performance in the movie musical Nine.

X

-------------------------------------

It's awesome how they don't know how to handle all the season 4 'rivolutionary' idea, but they are already planning another Britney Spears (what the hell??) tribute episode. LOL.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 5/15/2012, 11:42 am

I always wanted Kurt to pursue fashion but after the whole NYADA storyline and when he FINALLY succeeded in something, it would be really weird and bad timing. But I really feel Kurt's storyline has something to do with fashion. Chris always wanted Kurt to pursue fashion and still does because he talked about wanting Kurt to work in Vogue few weeks ago. And SJP is so famous with her role in Sex in the city. And now Chris says that she is doing on Glee what he always wanted and intenteded for Kurt? And I can't somehow imagine SJP as a singing mentor. Well, I don't know, it is all kind of suspicious.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 5/15/2012, 11:51 am

Buenos wrote:I would be cool with that if the storyline is interesting and Kurt's character is developed in an interesting way. The only thing that would annoy me is that IMO some of that speculation,( and not implying yours is) is sort of backhanded way of saying they don't think it's plausible for Kurt to have a career in musical theatre, ie he doesn't have the adequate skill set. For example, there is rarely speculation of Rachel doing anything but having a performance career, whereas with Kurt they seem to always think he's going to veer off toward fashion.
But, unlike kurt who has obviously a passion for fashion, Rachel doesn't really show any other interest than Broadway, so the lack of speculation in her case can come from that too.

valkeakuulas wrote:BTW I also read that quiet "I'm sorry", when Kristin said she's going to be maimed by Klainers if she does not ask about them, as a hint that Chris still gets crap from that and might still be quite bored with it as well and knows the wrath of hardcore Klainers. That makes me so angry.
It's interesting that Kristin had to justify herself before asking about klaine, as if she knew she was going to bore Chris with this topic.... Laughing
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Esme 5/15/2012, 12:18 pm

arina wrote:I always wanted Kurt to pursue fashion but after the whole NYADA storyline and when he FINALLY succeeded in something, it would be really weird and bad timing. But I really feel Kurt's storyline has something to do with fashion. Chris always wanted Kurt to pursue fashion and still does because he talked about wanting Kurt to work in Vogue few weeks ago. And SJP is so famous with her role in Sex in the city. And now Chris says that she is doing on Glee what he always wanted and intenteded for Kurt? And I can't somehow imagine SJP as a singing mentor. Well, I don't know, it is all kind of suspicious.

When it comes down to it, the most exciting thing to me in all of this is that Fox and RIB appear to be treating Chris (and Kurt) as a major character with Lea for season 4, meaning not only will he continue to have a prominent role be he'll also be considered officially one of the shows 'big guns.' I have to think positively about this, especially since last week I was convinced they would be sidelining Kurt to occasional appearances and even worse, possibly leaving him in Lima. So, whether it be fashion or performing, I'm happy Kurt is still a major force on the show.

All that said, the cynical side of me knows that shifting Kurt from performing to fashion (if that is what they are planning) is a 'clever' way of avoiding having him sing next season. While lots of fans love his voice, he just doesn't sell and doesn't have an album or potential singing career to promote, so why waste songs on him....I suspect this is what they are thinking.

Still, I suppose I won't complain too loudly since I have always been more interested in Kurt having good story lines than songs. I guess they can let all their GP people-- none of whom could act their way out of wet paper bags-- have all the songs, if they allow the proper actors to have the plot development.

Esme
Esme
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 5/15/2012, 1:34 pm

Esme wrote:
All that said, the cynical side of me knows that shifting Kurt from performing to fashion (if that is what they are planning) is a 'clever' way of avoiding having him sing next season. While lots of fans love his voice, he just doesn't sell and doesn't have an album or potential singing career to promote, so why waste songs on him....I suspect this is what they are thinking.

If they really make Kurt gives up performing and study fashion instead after all his NYADA storyline this season, I might not watch S4 unless the writing is convincing and great (which I highly doubt it) Mad

However, it's announced that SJP is only on Glee for 1 ep so she might only convince Kurt to minor in costume design (as implied by Chris in that video) while focusing on performing so that he still can receive regular paycheck even when he's not doing well performing. Well, we'll have to see about that...

I personally prefer a male vocal and dancing couch for Kurt in NYADA so I'm glad that Kate Hudson's Rachel's couch instead of teaching both of them neutre Finger crossed for a hot male couch for kurt...

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/15/2012, 2:11 pm

However, it's announced that SJP is only on Glee for 1 ep

I could be mistaken, but I thought it was clarified she's been signed on for a multiple episode arc like Kate Hudson??
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 5/15/2012, 2:12 pm

While I am more interested in the stories and while I am even bigger fan of Chris's acting than singing I would be really pissed and sad if they did not let him sing in season 4, so I really hope it is not the case. I think we won't hear much of Chris's singing after Glee so I hope we will be able enjoy his singing at least while he is still on the show.

It occured to me that If Kurt and Rachel went to different schools they would have to have even more locations and more people... so this is kind of against the theory. Anyway, I am really curious what will really happen! :-)
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/15/2012, 2:21 pm

Buenos wrote:I would be cool with that if the storyline is interesting and Kurt's character is developed in an interesting way. The only thing that would annoy me is that IMO some of that speculation,( and not implying yours is) is sort of backhanded way of saying they don't think it's plausible for Kurt to have a career in musical theatre, ie he doesn't have the adequate skill set. For example, there is rarely speculation of Rachel doing anything but having a performance career, whereas with Kurt they seem to always think he's going to veer off toward fashion.

Arina:

But, unlike kurt who has obviously a passion for fashion, Rachel doesn't really show any other interest than Broadway, so the lack of speculation in her case can come from that too.

True.
The show has a lot of fun with Kurt being this fashion plate, (I can't think of in the history of network TV any show were the guy was displayed so much totally taking focu from the women in the show fashion wise) but I always thought it was more the persona of Kurt, his personality. He has a theatrical sense about him, period. The fact that he writes musicals , has his Dad's employees build a scaffolding for his WSS audition, has a nightly skin sloughing regimen, he just seems this "ambitious" in everything type of person. Even the freaking amount of candles during the Phantom practice (with Blaine saying, "God no, not more Candles) is someone who thinks more is more in everything.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 5/15/2012, 2:41 pm

Buenos wrote:
However, it's announced that SJP is only on Glee for 1 ep

I could be mistaken, but I thought it was clarified she's been signed on for a multiple episode arc like Kate Hudson??

Oops Embarassed i think you may be right! I missed the clarification part. I still hope that RIB won't make Kurt give up performing after realizing that he couldn't play the male lead in musicals in NYADA then pursue fashion instead :( I'm already quite invested in seeing him working hard to be a better performer instead of just giving up.

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/15/2012, 2:47 pm

The one good thing (hopefully) of the split narrative is that it forces the show to have Hummelberry scenes throughout Season 4. The irony of Season 2 Klaine is that Kurt being at Dalton with that quasi split narrative Kurt and Blaine interacted more on a regular basis than they did once they were both at McKinley.

So Rachel and Kurt in the big Apple will be about them and their interactions/school/career/work , maybe even sharing an apartment together, etc, etc.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/15/2012, 4:09 pm

It will be crazy if hummelberry don't live together. If Kurt goes into fashion he will no longer compete w Rachel so they can be always in good terms but Kurt will sure sing less. I do hope he gets more comedies regardless.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/15/2012, 4:35 pm

Is been rumored that Kurt could pursue a career in fashion??? Well I know he loves fashion but as someone said is part of his personality than something he would like to do the rest of his life. IMO Besides if he decides to follow this path it means they're gonna be less opportunities to se him performing again :(

PS: Hummelberry have to live together Smile with Finn I guess lol if not What's going on with him?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/15/2012, 4:44 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 2 Tumblr_m42hnvlC4s1qj8dg6o1_1280

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 2 2qcfslu
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 5/15/2012, 4:50 pm

I'm sure Marie will the the one most pissed off about this rumor given that she's the biggest fan of Chris' voice among us. Sigh...Glee, why can't you just give Kurtsie some time to celebrate after it's confirmed that Kurt's going to NYC next season? Why do you have to pull this shit on us again and again?? No Sigh...I don't even have the energy to yell at them already. I might need a nice show to watch in order to stay away from all the glee forums. :(

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/15/2012, 5:35 pm

^ I assume what he meant was Kurt got into fashion but not because he didn't get into NYADA. that I can accept. I don't want to see kurt fails to get into NYADA because he's not good enough. maybe fashion offered him a more interesting opportunity, part time.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next