Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1

+39
azure
tamara04
MissSoniaPP
opals
Ranwing
bayth
ChrisColferFan1
kac
valkeakuulas
BlueJazz
Divalicious
M&M
sheny
fountain
msjoanlucette
Buenos
Dame Loli
red texta
paulopf
E-ko
Sani
ry_kurtsie
sahhar
CCfan93
Shinra17
Emile
arina
fantastica
Delight
ColferInspired
CloveGlee
ColferGirl
brisallie
Coolbeans3131
tanita_mors
Struck by Lightning
Glorfindel
Vir Cotto
Jellyrolls
43 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 38 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/3/2013, 1:01 am

I think it would make a fun Adam's Apples number (starring Kurt and Adam). Smile

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 38 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1

Post  fantastica 3/3/2013, 1:03 am

i didn't finish listening, but I really don't like that song. sorry hon. :(

there are tons of songs kadam can sing. I don't think they will show Apples again until next year, after Adam is graduated. heck, since they have no plan bringing him back this year, he might as well have already graduated. :angry:
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/3/2013, 1:06 am

That's fine. neutre

What would be the point of waiting to show Adam's Apples after Adam has already graduated? Maybe there will be a sort of passing-down-the-torch scene at the end of this season with Adam making Kurt their new leader! Razz (But I hope they don't change the name, because that would just sound too weird.)

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/3/2013, 1:08 am

oh c'mon you know oil slicker will pick up the tab. if kurt is the leader Adam will only be active off screen, but once you know who joins, it's going to be on screen, in your face, 24/7 until your nose, eyes, ears and mouth are all dripping w/ purple blood.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/3/2013, 1:11 am

I hope not.

Why purple blood? Laughing

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/3/2013, 1:14 am

more colorful. more dramatic. more intense. more disturbing. Smile

p.s. i like the color purple.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/3/2013, 1:20 am

Barney lover! Laughing fanny2

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/3/2013, 1:32 am

i love you, you love me, we are happy family!
with a great big hug and a kiss from chris to you,
won't you say you love him too?

you know they say parents all hate Barney so much but as much as I found it annoying I never hated it as much as I hate glee now. the thing is I knew all along that Barney was for 2 yr olds. w glee, I still refuse to completely admit that this show is for kiddies, at least in my subconscious mind. that's why i struggled so much w/ it. I wanted it to be watcheable, but it's not.

Last edited by fantastica on 3/3/2013, 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/3/2013, 1:34 am

EEWWWWWWWW! Barney is to me what ABBA is to Karen. I still remember my childhood nightmares.

But yes. I love Chris. Smile

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/3/2013, 1:36 am

how old were you when Barney was out? my older boy actually liked it at that time. i found it annoying but tolerable. i have to watch a lot of kid stuff w/ them, until Pokemon came out. once I took them to the movie theater to see Mokemon. I couldn't sit through so I slipped into another theater across the hall. the next thing i knew they were mad at me in the hall way crying. they said I abandoned them. lucky nobody arrested me. :( barney was a lot better than pokemon though.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/3/2013, 1:44 am

Like....5 or 6 or something like that. I remember I was very young.

Ha! I remember the Pokemon craze when I was around 9 or so. Everyone was so into it.

I actually think Glee is for young adults. Sometimes it can be very kiddish, other times it can show remarkable maturity.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/3/2013, 1:49 am

so you are either my oldest son's age or slightly older. he's about to graduate college this summer. time flies (another reason to be sentimenal... sigh!) crycry
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/3/2013, 1:51 am

I am approaching my quarter life crisis, yes. tonguue

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/3/2013, 2:05 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:I am approaching my quarter life crisis, yes. tonguue

Some of my friends have passed that crisis, but I tell you they did successfully. Well one of my friend is still in denial.

And it seems our generation was a Pokemon fan.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 3/3/2013, 2:19 pm

Kim, That is just hysterical about the theater. I would so do that. My story is that one time I let my kindergartner son out of my site at a goodwill store where he dropped a bowling ball on his foot . I heard crying and thought some poor kid was really upset. The kid was mine! I am such a model mom. He is 15 now, Wow. And, I am so glad he was afraid of barney so no trauma for me.
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/3/2013, 3:43 pm

More like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles generation - at least here in Serbia. I'm gonna be 27 in about 2 weeks (man, that sounds way older then i feel to be honest), and I grew up with TMNT. That 1987 version is the greatest cartoon series ever made.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 38 Ninja-turtles-pictures

I never liked Pokemon to be honest, but I was a huge Digimon fan not to mention Yu Gi Oh. The game part of Yu Gi Oh was kind of meh to me saispa, but i loved the mythology of the show and the heavy Egyptian influence ( i'm a huge fan of ancient history and egyptian/greek mythology).
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/3/2013, 4:38 pm

Not sure if this belongs here or in the Snark & Bark thread. saispa You decide:

Song distribution calculations – 7 - :

(How much did each character get to sing?)
Season 4 : episodes 1 – 14

The calculations and the graphics :
(skip if you have read this before)
I counted the number of songs, but also took into account if the song was a solo, a duet or group number. Then I gave points:
- solos = 4 points.
- duets, or main focus in a group number = 3 points.
- big part in group number = 2 points.
- little part in a group number or part cut from the episode = 1 point.

This calculation method is not 100% fail free. What I may count as a big part in a group number (and therefore give 2 points), someone else may deem it only a small part worth only 1 point, and vice versa.

There are 2 graphics:
1) The first one is the amount of songs each character got. In this graph the value of the character’s contribution to the song is not taken into account.
2) The 2nd graph includes the value I allocated to the songs each character sings. This graphic is the most telling one, imo, because a character may get many little parts in songs, which might give him/her a decent amount of songs, but the total of singing/exposure is still small.

The graphics of episodes 1 – 14 of season 4:

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 38 Season4-14_zps626a4ea7

Rank list (episodes 1 – 14) :

1) Blaine (21 songs - 56 points)
2) Marley (20 – 53)
3) Jake (17 – 45)
4) Rachel (16 – 44)
5) Sam (13 – 32)
6) Brittany (12 – 29)
7) Santana (11 – 27)
8) Kurt (10 – 22)
9) Ryder (10 -21)
10) Tina (9 – 22)
11) Finn (8 – 18)
12) Unique (7 – 15)
13) Artie (6 – 14)
14) Kitty (5 – 12)
15) Joe (3 – 4)
16) Brody (2 – 6)
17) Will (2 – 4)

Conclusions :

- Blaine and Marley are way ahead of the others, followed by Jake and Rachel, and yes: this means that Rachel is in 4th position now.
- It pays off to be in a (heterosexual) relationship on Glee, at least for Sam and Brittany, as they are in 5th and 6th position.
- The bigger focus on Lima in the split narrative is showing in the songs distribution numbers as well: 4 of the first 5 singers are in the Lima part, and the first NY character (Rachel) is not in the top 3. Kurt, the only other main character in New York so far (untill Santana joined in 4x13) is 8th on the list.
- Tina is finally getting her due in songs (although I personally don’t like the reason why).
- Santana wasn’t in many episodes this season, only 6, but she got 11 songs out of it. That’s roughly 2 songs per episode.
- Finn, who used to be the male lead ‘kid’ singer, is now in 11th position, after Tina.
- Artie is now almost at the bottom, even behind Unique, reduced from one of the original 5 to a choir room seat filler.

These numbers are making me sad (and angry). Rachel, Finn, Will and Kurt used to be the leads, and now, at least in songs and for most of them also in screentime, they are not anymore, while their actors are the only ones of the cast besides Jane Lynch who ever got nominated or even won awards. And they are wasting them. :angry:
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/3/2013, 5:55 pm

Thank for posting this Marie. If I knew you were working on it, I wouldn't have done it myself yesterday. It is really sad, isn't it? I don't know what the hell they are doing at Glee.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/3/2013, 5:55 pm

tanita_mors wrote:
More like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles generation - at least here in Serbia. I'm gonna be 27 in about 2 weeks (man, that sounds way older then i feel to be honest), and I grew up with TMNT. That 1987 version is the greatest cartoon series ever made.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 38 Ninja-turtles-pictures

I never liked Pokemon to be honest, but I was a huge Digimon fan not to mention Yu Gi Oh. The game part of Yu Gi Oh was kind of meh to me saispa, but i loved the mythology of the show and the heavy Egyptian influence ( i'm a huge fan of ancient history and egyptian/greek mythology).

Wasn't Chris a huge fan of this as well?

It's funny how much Marley has been singing. I don't notice it as much as when Blaine sings all the time.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/3/2013, 6:03 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:

It's funny how much Marley has been singing. I don't notice it as much as when Blaine sings all the time.

I was surprised that there was so much Marley too. I wonder if we don't notice it because we don't despise her like Darren, or if we're just ignore he newbies.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/3/2013, 6:04 pm

Maybe a bit of both?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 3/3/2013, 6:05 pm

I don't even know what the newbies sound like since I've never watched their scenes. Smile
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/3/2013, 6:20 pm

u lucky gal. i am following your footsteps.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/3/2013, 6:50 pm

Actually, I was surprised myself that Jake and Marley have sung more than Rachel (and seeing the spoilers that will only increase).
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/3/2013, 10:08 pm

Glorfindel wrote:....
1) Blaine (21 songs - 56 points)
2) Marley (20 – 53)
3) Jake (17 – 45)
4) Rachel (16 – 44)
5) Sam (13 – 32)
6) Brittany (12 – 29)
7) Santana (11 – 27)
8) Kurt (10 – 22)
9) Ryder (10 -21)
10) Tina (9 – 22)
11) Finn (8 – 18)
12) Unique (7 – 15)
13) Artie (6 – 14)
14) Kitty (5 – 12)
15) Joe (3 – 4)
16) Brody (2 – 6)
17) Will (2 – 4)

Thanks for this information Marie, it clarifies lots of things. Personally I started to notice that Jarley have been singing a lot when every episode they have a solo, either as a couple or separate. Probably this distribution happens to give more screentime to the McKenley side. Because not even Rachel is on the top 3, and that it means a lot.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next