Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1

+39
azure
tamara04
MissSoniaPP
opals
Ranwing
bayth
ChrisColferFan1
kac
valkeakuulas
BlueJazz
Divalicious
M&M
sheny
fountain
msjoanlucette
Buenos
Dame Loli
red texta
paulopf
E-ko
Sani
ry_kurtsie
sahhar
CCfan93
Shinra17
Emile
arina
fantastica
Delight
ColferInspired
CloveGlee
ColferGirl
brisallie
Coolbeans3131
tanita_mors
Struck by Lightning
Glorfindel
Vir Cotto
Jellyrolls
43 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 39 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1

Post  fantastica 3/3/2013, 11:04 pm

oh, number 8. turn it on its side and that's the sign of infinity.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 39 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1

Post  Jellyrolls 3/5/2013, 8:32 pm

Glee meets Archie comics

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 39 Enhanced-buzz-wide-27408-1350333051-4
Source

Here are some of the pictures. More at the source.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 39 Enhanced-buzz-4237-1362497336-0

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 39 Enhanced-buzz-16022-1362497333-6

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 39 Enhanced-buzz-17369-1362497341-9

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 39 Enhanced-buzz-17510-1362497337-1

Source
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 3/5/2013, 8:42 pm

brisallie wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:....
1) Blaine (21 songs - 56 points)
2) Marley (20 – 53)
3) Jake (17 – 45)
4) Rachel (16 – 44)
5) Sam (13 – 32)
6) Brittany (12 – 29)
7) Santana (11 – 27)
8) Kurt (10 – 22)
9) Ryder (10 -21)
10) Tina (9 – 22)
11) Finn (8 – 18)
12) Unique (7 – 15)
13) Artie (6 – 14)
14) Kitty (5 – 12)
15) Joe (3 – 4)
16) Brody (2 – 6)
17) Will (2 – 4)

Thanks for this information Marie, it clarifies lots of things. Personally I started to notice that Jarley have been singing a lot when every episode they have a solo, either as a couple or separate. Probably this distribution happens to give more screentime to the McKenley side. Because not even Rachel is on the top 3, and that it means a lot.

This goes back to idea of instead of giving people story, they give them songs. I don't really pay attention to Jarley, I find them dull, but perhaps much of their screen time is just singing, not really putting story forward. I mean all we've had with Jarley is them getting together and Jake trying to get lucky, and we are over halfway through the season.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/5/2013, 8:45 pm

kurt has wrong hair style. blaie looks like light-colored black. no newbies. still, all of them have the same face.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/5/2013, 9:38 pm

They did a bad job on the Blaine one. It doesn't even look like him to me. At least with the others, you can look at them and tell who it is

I thought the Finn one (which I didn't bother posting) was good, and the Mercedes one is the best.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/5/2013, 10:13 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:They did a bad job on the Blaine one. It doesn't even look like him to me. At least with the others, you can look at them and tell who it is

I thought the Finn one (which I didn't bother posting) was good, and the Mercedes one is the best.

Rachel looks like Veronica. If she weren't standing next to Finn, there's no way to tell who the hell she's supposed to be. Will have to say that Brittany is a dead ringer for the real Brittany.

As an old-time comic collector (though I never collected Archie - I had much better taste than that), you learn to just accept the stylized version of characters. Archie always had that simplistic drawing style so the fact that some of the characters are actually recognizable is a pretty big accomplishment.

Am I the only one who thinks that if they darken Blaine's complexion that he'd look just like President Obama?
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/5/2013, 10:14 pm

^ that's why i said he looks like a light-colored black person.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/5/2013, 11:27 pm

Unfortunately by Episode 18 Kurt's song total should drop him outside the top 10 , wouldn't' be surprised if he ends up outside the top 15 by season end.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/6/2013, 8:20 am

Buenos wrote:Unfortunately by Episode 18 Kurt's song total should drop him outside the top 10 , wouldn't' be surprised if he ends up outside the top 15 by season end.
This is the calculation including 4x15-4x17, and therefore not even counting...
Spoiler:
(points for group numbers are still bound to change, as we don't know who will get more lines than others in those songs)

Look at Blaine in comparison to practically everyone else besides Marley: it's infuriating.
Blaine has 1 1/2 as many songs and points as Rachel, and thrice as many points as Kurt (and see how Kurt's points get influenced by the fact that Klaine ~duets are not equal). :angry:

Last edited by Glorfindel on 3/6/2013, 8:26 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added spoilerbar)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/6/2013, 8:24 am

10 reasons why we've stopped watching 'Glee'

The FOX show just isn't hitting the high notes anymore.

By Michaela Sinclair
Special to MSN TV

After four and a half seasons, "Glee" celebrates its 500th musical number on an upcoming episode airing at a special time, 9:30 ET/PT, on Thursday, March 7, on FOX. But will anyone actually be watching? The show has been plagued with dwindling ratings, and some of its remaining viewers and fans, myself included, are begrudgingly "hate-watching" the series. With this milestone episode, even a star-studded musical extravaganza featuring aerial acrobatics and pyrotechnics won't help the series. Here are 10 things we now hate about "Glee."
More at the source: link
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/6/2013, 8:32 am

Glorfindel wrote:

By Michaela Sinclair
Special to MSN TV

After four and a half seasons, "Glee" celebrates its 500th musical number on an upcoming episode airing at a special time, 9:30 ET/PT, on Thursday, March 7, on FOX. But will anyone actually be watching? The show has been plagued with dwindling ratings, and some of its remaining viewers and fans, myself included, are begrudgingly "hate-watching" the series. With this milestone episode, even a star-studded musical extravaganza featuring aerial acrobatics and pyrotechnics won't help the series. Here are 10 things we now hate about "Glee."

Definiely look at this, and go through the slide show reading the points on the right. I agree with most of her points. Although, I don't know how she can complain about too much Rachel with the Blaine overload this season.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/6/2013, 8:35 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Buenos wrote:Unfortunately by Episode 18 Kurt's song total should drop him outside the top 10 , wouldn't' be surprised if he ends up outside the top 15 by season end.
This is the calculation including 4x15-4x17, and therefore not even counting...
Spoiler:
(points for group numbers are still bound to change, as we don't know who will get more lines than others in those songs)

Look at Blaine in comparison to practically everyone else besides Marley: it's infuriating.
Blaine has 1 1/2 as many songs and points as Rachel, and thrice as many points as Kurt (and see how Kurt's points get influenced by the fact that Klaine ~duets are not equal). :angry:

That Blaine jump is ridiculous. Seriously, it's embarrassing. This show is such a mess.

Spoiler:
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/6/2013, 8:44 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

By Michaela Sinclair
Special to MSN TV

Definiely look at this, and go through the slide show reading the points on the right. I agree with most of her points. Although, I don't know how she can complain about too much Rachel with the Blaine overload this season.

There are things I agree with but seriously Rachel overload. Maybe for the NY part but Blaine and Jarley are the people who get 90% of the screen time.

Last edited by sheny on 3/7/2013, 6:14 am; edited 2 times in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/6/2013, 8:59 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
-ETA-
I gave Kurt only 1 point for his 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas' Klaine ~duet, and only 2 points for 'White Christmas' (duets usually earns a character 3 points).
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 3/6/2013, 2:55 pm

The fact that they didn't mention Blaine, when you look at his songs and amount of senseless storylines he's been getting shows this is not a unbiased article. It is nearly impossible to find anything unbiased on line anymore. Plus, some of the things they listed are more than a year ago, there have been no tours, no games, no fiction books since about 2011.

I do agree on the recycling of stories. Rachel I agree with just because they never let her evolve really, I mean they changed her look, but her self confidence is a facade and any adversity that comes her way is contrived. I wish they had let her come in her bobby socks and all, full of dreams, rarely succeeding, but never giving up. She needs Kurt's route, well, he doesn't wear bobby socks to my knowledge, but where you can root for him and be excited when he won. Rachel remains needy and selfish and needs the spotlight almost as much as Blaine. I am hoping they finally are working on that in upcoming episodes.

Glee needs more group stories, where many characters are serviced outside of competitions. Focusing on coupledom is what hurt this show more than anything else. It insulated the characters, and made them less dimensional. Look at people suddenly liking on Finn now he is out of Rachel's shadow. They need more dating and less soul mates (unless it is Adam and Adam is a duke, then it is okay) so we can see more facets of these characters.

Glee does go the PSA route more than a few times, but I think sometimes they do it well, sometimes incredibly awful, but I don't hold it against them. Glee is supposed to be about kids for kids primarily and the world is a rough, mean place, I like that it lets them know they are not alone in these issues. Even if the issue isn't done well, it is then out there, and might become a subject of conversation between parent and child.

Blaine's voice is pleasant, but I think people like the songs because of the bells and whistles that come with it, lots of music and backup and usually a nice beat. I can't imagine Blaine singing ballads like they have Jake doing, he doesn't have a rich voice. So songs people are usually drawn to because they are fun sell more, and they connotate that with Blaine having the voice everyone wants to hear. If Kevin sang the same songs Darren did, I think the sales would be about the same. I admit, when I am driving in the car, I want something energetic playing on the CD player.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/6/2013, 2:58 pm

What Rachel overload? I think the writer of this article confused her name with Blaine's.

I know this is really off topic, but I'd love to see Chris write, direct and co-star in a Glee episode someday. I know he said he doesn't want to, but I think it would be a good experience for him in order to gain more experience doing BTS work if he wants to continue to do that down the road with his own projects (but I hope he never gives up being in front of the camera or being onstage). Plus, it would be fun to compare his work with that of RIB and Co as well. Smile

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/6/2013, 4:46 pm

Divalicious wrote:The fact that they didn't mention Blaine, when you look at his songs and amount of senseless storylines he's been getting shows this is not a unbiased article. It is nearly impossible to find anything unbiased on line anymore. Plus, some of the things they listed are more than a year ago, there have been no tours, no games, no fiction books since about 2011.

I do agree on the recycling of stories. Rachel I agree with just because they never let her evolve really, I mean they changed her look, but her self confidence is a facade and any adversity that comes her way is contrived. I wish they had let her come in her bobby socks and all, full of dreams, rarely succeeding, but never giving up. She needs Kurt's route, well, he doesn't wear bobby socks to my knowledge, but where you can root for him and be excited when he won. Rachel remains needy and selfish and needs the spotlight almost as much as Blaine. I am hoping they finally are working on that in upcoming episodes.

Glee needs more group stories, where many characters are serviced outside of competitions. Focusing on coupledom is what hurt this show more than anything else. It insulated the characters, and made them less dimensional. Look at people suddenly liking on Finn now he is out of Rachel's shadow. They need more dating and less soul mates (unless it is Adam and Adam is a duke, then it is okay) so we can see more facets of these characters.

Glee does go the PSA route more than a few times, but I think sometimes they do it well, sometimes incredibly awful, but I don't hold it against them. Glee is supposed to be about kids for kids primarily and the world is a rough, mean place, I like that it lets them know they are not alone in these issues. Even if the issue isn't done well, it is then out there, and might become a subject of conversation between parent and child.

Blaine's voice is pleasant, but I think people like the songs because of the bells and whistles that come with it, lots of music and backup and usually a nice beat. I can't imagine Blaine singing ballads like they have Jake doing, he doesn't have a rich voice. So songs people are usually drawn to because they are fun sell more, and they connotate that with Blaine having the voice everyone wants to hear. If Kevin sang the same songs Darren did, I think the sales would be about the same. I admit, when I am driving in the car, I want something energetic playing on the CD player.

Yes! Enough of this ship crap. Whatever happened to chasing dreams? Why do you have to be in a relationship in order to be a whole person? You are already whole to begin with.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/6/2013, 7:39 pm

Divalicious wrote:Blaine's voice is pleasant, but I think people like the songs because of the bells and whistles that come with it, lots of music and backup and usually a nice beat. I can't imagine Blaine singing ballads like they have Jake doing, he doesn't have a rich voice. So songs people are usually drawn to because they are fun sell more, and they connotate that with Blaine having the voice everyone wants to hear. If Kevin sang the same songs Darren did, I think the sales would be about the same. I admit, when I am driving in the car, I want something energetic playing on the CD player.
Yes, Darren being the big best-seller on iTunes is a myth: give his songs to other and they would sell just as well or maybe even better.

The first bolded:
This is something that annoyed me in the comments on the 2011 live tour. There were some people commenting on how hard Chris had to work to sing 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' right. But they are forgetting that besides Amber's 'Ain't No Way' IWHYH was the only ballad of the concert. All the other songs were upbeat and 'fun', quite easy songs (besides Lea's DROMP).
It is so much harder to sing a ballad live, with good techniques (breathing etc.) than a 'fun' song. Add to that the very difficult (meaning almost non-excisting) instrumental backup that give almost no support on IWHYH (and also 'Ain't No Way'), and these songs and the way they were sung cannot be compared to the other up-tempo pop songs.
And Chris and Amber sang them live every single concert, where some of the others didn't always do that (and again: like Rachel or not, but Lea delivered live every concert as well, although she skipped DROMP a few times).
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/6/2013, 8:26 pm

regarding that "10 reasons" article posted earlier: it's not surprising that so many fans are "hate-watching" this show. many of us here certainly are. are there any other shows that do that to the audiences? i don't watch enough tv to know, but glee is the first time i experience this feeling.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/6/2013, 8:57 pm

I used to hate-watch "Smash" last year. I'm happy to say that this year, the show has gotten so much better. (If anyone ever cheats again on that show, I'm going to scream and eat my words!)

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/6/2013, 9:02 pm

Warning: this video will make you cry and think of what we had and what could have been. crycry
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/6/2013, 9:12 pm

It was wonderful to see all of the newbies interviewed, and see clips of all their amazing performances to promote the 500th song.

Oh wait they weren't there. Did they even get a clip of any of thier songs on there?

Glee has a lot of nerve promoting the 500th song with Chris, Lea, and Matt when their singing has been cut back.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/6/2013, 9:16 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:It was wonderful to see all of the newbies interviewed, and see clips of all their amazing performances to promote the 500th song.

Oh wait they weren't there. Did they even get a clip of any of thier songs on there?
I think there was about 1/2 second of Footloose somewhere near the end. And of course Darren's triumphant cheer after recording 'Shout'.
Yeah, no noobs insight to promote Glee..... again. vexe

Glee has a lot of nerve promoting the 500th song with Chris, Lea, and Matt when their singing has been cut back.
It sure has. :angry:
It indicates they know darn well what they're doing, but they still keep on doing it. Evil or Very Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/6/2013, 9:19 pm

I just posted his comment on youtube:

How odd that they used Chris, Matt, and Lea to promote the 500th song when Matt and Chris barely sing any more, and even Lea has had her singing cut drastically this year.

It was a wonderful reminder of how great Glee was back when they featured more cast members on songs rather than using the same four or five people week after week. Back when a great group number would wrap up the show. Thanks to the season 1 cast for being so special, and entertaining. We miss your magic.

ETA: If you have a youtube account, please consider liking my comment.

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 3/6/2013, 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/6/2013, 9:20 pm

^Perfect. iagree
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next