Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

+18
M&M
valkeakuulas
brisallie
TimF
YaoiChick
Lottie2303
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Ireth
bayth
Georgette888
Glorfindel
fantastica
Ranwing
coxfire
Buenos
Divalicious
ColferInspired
22 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 9 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Glorfindel 5/13/2014, 5:18 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:I don't understand why they "allow" Kurt to be angry either when in the end it doesn't even change anything or doesn't even have a profound effect on Blaine. It's just degrading Kurt more.
This. One grand gesture from Blaine (which is usually a song Blaine sings in) and Kurt forgives and forgets everything again. It's like those songs have an "Obliviate" spell cast upon them: every time Blaine sings Kurts loses some of his brain cells and memory.
(I think I just read a fic about that, lol.)

It's such awful writing, and it makes Blaine a more terrible character each time they pull this cheap trick.  Mad

Buenos wrote:So we have to swallow that Blaine lied to Kurt with extended conversations about their planned showcase and that somehow Kurt will forgive him and trust him again.  Apparently "All of Me" is yet another Blaine "man pain" number, to show the GA how anguished Blaine is.  Fuck that.  It's just the acoustic "Teenage Dream" rehashed with Kurt thinking "what the fuck is going on" all over again.  Rinse and repeat.
Ugh, more Blangst.  vomir
And everything from Blaine's POV and none for Kurt.  dryy 

It doesn't help that once again, Darren's acting is shockingly amateur level bad in this scene.  God, no nuance or any shading.  Fuck, this guy has a degree in acting?   Shocked

The problem as usual is Chris' conveys all too well Kurt's feelings of betrayal and hurt.   All for naught.
And this large difference in acting skills make things even worse. Chris lets us know every emotion Kurt is feeling, layer after layer: betrayal, anger, sadness, disappointment, you name it, even a hint of how Blaine shook Kurt's confidence and his trust with his cheating.
While Darren just makes Blaine a whining child, not only overdoing the Blangst, but also (imo) making it look like Blaine feels more sorry for himself (for not being able to hide the lie) than for hurting Kurt's feelings. That is, if you can call whatever Darren does in this scene 'acting'. mince 

Ranwing wrote:So now Blaine is admitting the truth not because he realizes that he was doing something wrong, but because he has no choice in the matter. That shows real evolution and maturity of his "character".
^This. Blaine would have kept the lie all to himself if he still would have been able to convince June to let Kurt be in the Showcase.
Kurt never would have known that Blaine had been lying to him for weeks if Blaine had managed to 'fix things' first. Well, 'fixing things' still doesn't make the lie go away: it just enables you to hide it and cover your ass.

And the less said about Darren's "acting" the better. That moment when Kurt hit the bag of sandwiches and it looked like Blaine was about to rescue his lunch? Unintentional comedy gold.
"That was my lunch cronut. How can you do that to me........Kurt?"  moque 

Georgette888 wrote:My comment at TV Line:

Does Blaine have any other tone than whiny and whinier?

TV Line, of course they can be saved, if by saved you mean they will have one fight scene and then Blaine will sing to Kurt and all will magically become healed because putting a band aid, of singing a love song and hugging it out, over the gaping wounds of mistrust and incompatibility in a relationship are what Glee teaches us ‘endgame’ is all about.

A good story would have them, and especially Kurt, realise that love is not enough sometimes and toxic relationships need to end. But Glee gave up the attempt of good storytelling a long time ago. All Ryan Murphy wants is a screen ‘moment’ of a wedding. He is all about the spectacle and damn the story. So we will just have to imagine the divorce six months later…
That's a very good one.  hapitgh

Mine was less eloquent. I wrote, after someone was worried for poor Blainey when Kurt was so 'agressive', hovering over tiny Blaineydays and angrily hitting the paper bag (ugh, really?) this:
Better the paper bag than the douchebag. (or not, lol)
Sorry, not sorry.   blushh  sifflou 

Ranwing wrote:
I especially agree with the statement about Blaine telling Kurt that he would be performing at the showcase because Blaine felt sorry for Kurt about June passing him over. Which is about as insulting a thing as Blaine has ever done. Kurt was understandably dissapointed and admitted to being a bit jealous, but he was handling things just fine. He wasn't sitting on the couch crying over this. He accepted the matter and was moving on quite nicely, thank you very much. But Blaine felt sorry for Kurt. He pitied his poor finance and wanted to be the big man and make him feel better about his sad lot in life.

Kurt is not weak. He's weathered far bigger dissapointments than a snobbish socialite with a taste for flash over substance. For Blaine to decide that the best course of action was to lie to his fiance - not once, but repeatedly in order to keep Kurt believing that June had changed her mind and reveal the truth only because he no longer had a choice in the matter? That is about the most insulting thing anyone has ever done to Kurt.
All of this. Kurt is about the strongest person on the planet, used to a lot more rejection and shit than whatever Jun could throw at him, and Blaine pities him, thinking he can't handle it?! To Blaine Kurt really is that delicate flower, and he just can't see Kurt as the powerful person he is. Blaine has to be Kurt's big protector and knight in shining armor, when Kurt has told him to his face he doesn't want that imbalance in their relationship.
That is maybe the worst of all.

Ugh, but it won't change a thing, I'm afraid, as Klaine will not break up.  :angry: 
I'll be glad when this whole mess is over.  smajli
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 9 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  tanita_mors 5/13/2014, 5:28 pm

blaine's view of kurt is quite clear these past few episodes. kurt is made of glass and anything detrimental to him will break him. that is why he needs his big, strong, man blaine to protect him. i mean, talk about a low opinion of your own soul mate. "you can't handle anything kurt, you are that weak and your self-esteem is non-existent". i get trying to protect the one you love from pain, but he has such a scued view of kurt that i wonder if the kurt he is in love with is now nothing but a fantasy, an idea, a person that kurt no longer is or will ever be again. i think kurt has officially outgrown blaine and it's time to end this torment for all our sakes.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 5/13/2014, 5:37 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Ugh, but it won't change a thing, I'm afraid, as Klaine will not break up.  :angry: 
I'll be glad when this whole mess is over.  smajli

It's over as far as I'm concerned. It was over when Kurt walked down that stairwell and tapped the shoulder of the boy in front of him. RyRy is all about having a moment and then he makes a decision on how it all will end. It doesn't matter what goes on between point A and point B. It's all about toddler RyRy getting his way. Kurt will be written as lesser than until the end of Glee. Making the decision to abandon this show and just come online to watch all the skirmishes going on is very entertaining. Much more than the actual show. Today has been fun watching the bombs going off in this fandom.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/13/2014, 5:37 pm

I need an 8 month hiatus from this crap Klaine SL and Glee in general  coool  It's the same old, same old, by the end of this episode Rachel and Blaine win big prizes and Kurt sits on a stool cheering them on.

Artie has such potential with his career directing arc and I doubt we will get much with that.

If they breakup Samcedes I'm hoping at least for some Kurtcedes numbers .

With 13 episodes (probably) the end is in sight though I doubt with a limited number like that RIB will let Chris write another episode.

Oh well.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/13/2014, 5:45 pm

tanita_mors wrote:blaine's view of kurt is quite clear these past few episodes. kurt is made of glass and anything detrimental to him will break him. that is why he needs his big, strong, man blaine to protect him. i mean, talk about a low opinion of your own soul mate. "you can't handle anything kurt, you are that weak and your self-esteem is non-existent". i get trying to protect the one you love from pain, but he has such a scued view of kurt that i wonder if the kurt he is in love with is now nothing but a fantasy, an idea, a person that kurt no longer is or will ever be again. i think kurt has officially outgrown blaine and it's time to end this torment for all our sakes.

That's exactly it. Blaine said it during Tested - he likes it best when Kurt is weak and uncertain so he can play the strong protector. Except hat Kurt is never weak. Not really. What happened in season 2 was the exception to the rule of how Kurt governs his life. He has always been the strong one, taking care of others even at his own expense. He can handle dissapointment and failure without being crushed by it. He is able to pick himself up, dust himself off and move on to the next challenge.

Kurt doesn't need a protector. He never did. What he wants and needs is a partner who will treat him as an equal and allow him to stand on his own two feet, offering support only when needed. Not to try to save Kurt from every little hard thing that life throws at him. All this is doing is proving just how little Blaine really knows Kurt, or appreciates who Kurt really is vs who Blaine wants him to be.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/13/2014, 6:12 pm

It goes back to the fundamental problem with Glee writing:

Episodes and characterization are all "stand alone" even after 5 years.  "Tested" doesn't impact this coming episode because nothing is built on and developed.

The one thing I do appreciate is that Kurt is such a strong opinionated character, he is Burt's son and a man in every sense of the word.  You get the sense that June's rejection stung him but he'd bounce back.  Of course giving him a scene basically telling her " Fuck you" is impossible and won't happen.

Not looking forward to Shirley McClaine butchering that "Pippin" song.  I get she wanted to sing but somebody should have pulled off the band aide and informed her her voice is just shit now.   phr34r. She's like Paltrow in 40 years.  Shocked 

Though I loved her in " The Apartment".
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/13/2014, 6:44 pm

Luckily I won't be able to watch the episode, but I've seen the Klaine scene and for me Kurt is right to be upset, his boyfriend lied to him. So I don't like klainers, sorry blainers, believe he's being overdramatic; won't they feel the same if they were in their position?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9