Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

+18
M&M
valkeakuulas
brisallie
TimF
YaoiChick
Lottie2303
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Ireth
bayth
Georgette888
Glorfindel
fantastica
Ranwing
coxfire
Buenos
Divalicious
ColferInspired
22 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 5 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Glorfindel 5/7/2014, 6:44 pm

The songs for 5x20 are already out:

- Pompeii

- American Boy

- No Time At All

- Glitter in the Air

- All Of Me

- Girls on Film

- Shakin' My Head

Chris sounds good on 'American Boy', and at least there's a lot of Kurt in this Klaine duet. But I don't like this song, so....
There's some Kurt in 'Pompeii' too, it's a decent group number. There's some Klaine and some Hummelberry.

Haven't listened to the other songs yet, and don't feel like doing so tonight. Maybe tomorrow.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 5 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Buenos 5/7/2014, 6:48 pm

Listened to all "American Boy",

I like it.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/7/2014, 6:58 pm

According to some tumblr source (grains of salt), Blaine and Brittany are re-enacting the Finn/Santana sex scene for Rachel's tv show.

The implications of all of this are.....  vomit2  vomir
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/7/2014, 8:06 pm

Glorfindel wrote:According to some tumblr source (grains of salt), Blaine and Brittany are re-enacting the Finn/Santana sex scene for Rachel's tv show.

The implications of all of this are.....  vomit2  vomir

What?! So...I'm trying to process this new information, so Rachel is 're-enacting' different times of her life, or her friends's life?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 5/7/2014, 8:10 pm

Next week hashtag should be @SkipAlong

Sounds like utter bullshit
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  TimF 5/7/2014, 9:44 pm

Lol they really think Blaine could fill Finns' role in a story about Rachel's life?!  What a joke; let him try though to expedite Glee's inevitable cancellation.   ptdr
TimF
TimF
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/7/2014, 9:54 pm

coxfire wrote:Next week hashtag should be @SkipAlong

Sounds like utter bullshit

Agree . don't plan on watching either live or some time later.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/7/2014, 11:41 pm

Listening to American Boy and I like it as much as the original (the one without Kanye). And I'm nicely surprised that Kurt has lot of lines.

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 5/7/2014, 11:50 pm

TimF wrote:Lol they really think Blaine could fill Finns' role in a story about Rachel's life?!  What a joke; let him try though to expedite Glee's inevitable cancellation.   ptdr

What makes me LOL is that Finn was one of the 4 characters Darren tried out for before landing Bland. He was no Finn then and he is certainly no Finn now.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 5/7/2014, 11:50 pm

TimF wrote:Lol they really think Blaine could fill Finns' role in a story about Rachel's life?!  What a joke; let him try though to expedite Glee's inevitable cancellation.   ptdr

What makes me LOL is that Finn was one of the 4 characters Darren tried out for before landing Bland. He was no Finn then and he is certainly no Finn now.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 5/8/2014, 2:48 am

Um... wow. If that is true, that seems rather tacky and callous a plot to write with Cory gone.  ohmy 
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 5/8/2014, 3:22 am

Georgette888 wrote:Um... wow. If that is true, that seems rather tacky and callous a plot to write with Cory gone.  ohmy 

'Callous' thy name is the Glee 'writers'. I use the term writers very loosely.  dryy 
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/8/2014, 3:45 am

Georgette888 wrote:Um... wow. If that is true, that seems rather tacky and callous a plot to write with Cory gone.
 ohmy 

Agree 100%, Evil or Very Mad 
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/8/2014, 3:48 am

M&M wrote:

I know he had tried out for Finn,but what others parts did he tried  out for? I kind of wish he had gotten one  of those parts, because if he did maybe Kurt would of have a better boyfriend.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/8/2014, 4:12 am

Georgette888 wrote:Um... wow. If that is true, that seems rather tacky and callous a plot to write with Cory gone.  ohmy 

Just the way JH writes his episode.  dryy

Oh, well, it will turn away more viewers.

Though we don't have a definite on this so called spoiler.

Still take it with a grain of salt.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 5/8/2014, 7:01 am

I love Chris on American Boy.

I don't like Rachel or Blaine on Pompeii, but I love everyone else on it. So when I first heard a bit of the Glee version I didn't like it, but then I liked the rest of it.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/8/2014, 10:06 am

This is going to be a singuarly unimpressive week for music. And it's a real letdown after ODNT. I listened to most of the songs and it's unfortunate that out of the whole lot, there's only two where I like the originals and the rest have me hitting the fast forward button.

Glitter in the Air - I love the original and what makes Pink's version so gorgeous is the balance between the natural grit in her voice with real tenderness and vulnerability. With Lea's verion being an almost note by note copy, it was vital that she find that same balance and I don't find that she did. Pop has never been a good genre for Lea and it sounds like a weak copy of Pink. There's no real emotional punch.

No Time at All - The best that I can say is that it's better than TAPOMH and that's a mightly low bar to cross. Really wish that someone had the guts to realize that they should not be asking SM to sing and Darren is.... Darren. I'm envisioning the scene where June is urging Blaine to dump everything holding him back from his preordained success (i.e. Kurt) and Blaine goes along with what she's telling him (leading up to his argument with Kurt). Because Blaine is a tool who cannot think for himself.

All of Me - Basic Darren solo. Instinguishable from all the others that he's done and I actually cringed when he went for the high notes.

Girls on Film - An autotuned mess. Could not identify Chord's voice and while I love Duran Duran, this was about as much fun as having a root canal.

All American Boy - The most balanced Klaine duet that we've had in a long time (in that it wasn't just another glorified Blaine solo) but could they have picked a crappier song? Chris sounds good and Darren sounds like Darren (make of that what you will) but it's such an awful song. I feel obligated to like it because I love Chris but it just makes me angry that this is the crap that they stuck him with.

Pompeii - An okay number, but again, nothing at all exciting. Lea sounds out of place and it's nothing that I'm going to remember three seconds after it's over.

Shaking My Head - Again, nothing that I'm going to really remember afterwards and not one that I'll want to listen to again.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/8/2014, 10:27 am

If that spoiler turns out to be true that is the cruelest thing this show has ever day.

It is like Ryan is saying he should have cast Darren as Finn.  :angry:

Why couldn't they have picked another scene from her life that had nothing do with Finn?

And this is meant to be about Rachel, so how the hell can it be about Rachel if it is meant to be Britney as Santana and Blaine as Finn?

She wasn't even there when it happened.

They are mocking the Cory fans if this turns out to be true.

They could have picked one with her and Kurt in the choir room. Or one with Quinn.

A scene that she was actually involved in.

Beer guts must give Ryan a boner.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/8/2014, 12:03 pm

Ranwing wrote:
All American Boy - The most balanced Klaine duet that we've had in a long time (in that it wasn't just another glorified Blaine solo) but could they have picked a crappier song? Chris sounds good and Darren sounds like Darren (make of that what you will) but it's such an awful song. I feel obligated to like it because I love Chris but it just makes me angry that this is the crap that they stuck him with.

I have no idea whos song this is, but it is a horrible, mechanic song. Crap, just like you said. Whos is it?
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/8/2014, 12:06 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:
Ranwing wrote:

I have no idea whos song this is, but it is a horrible, mechanic song. Crap, just like you said. Whos is it?

Some Brit called Estelle feat Kanye West.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/8/2014, 12:51 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
valkeakuulas wrote:
Ranwing wrote:

Some Brit called Estelle feat Kanye West.

Oh, I've heard about Estelle...ages ago. I bet they choose this simply because it says going to LA.  Rolling Eyes 
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 5/8/2014, 2:08 pm

ColferInspired wrote:If that spoiler turns out to be true that is the cruelest thing this show has ever day.

Why couldn't they have picked another scene from her life that had nothing do with Finn?

And this is meant to be about Rachel, so how the hell can it be about Rachel if it is meant to be Britney as Santana and Blaine as Finn?

They picked that scene because they want to show Darren naked in bed with a girl. I think RIB regrets not making his character straight or bi so they use scenes like this one, spin the bottle, the vapo rape, etc. to show him in intimate positions with women and fulfill some people's fantasies.

Last edited by sheny on 5/8/2014, 3:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/8/2014, 2:15 pm

I think Rachel getting the reality show is going to result in her becoming a TV star and then the show skips forward (in the same episode) to a scene 5 years in the future. She will have a LI (we haven't seen before) and we will get a quick update on all the characters.

My WTF suspicion is that Kurt and Blaine will have separated and are involved with other people and Season 6 will be them reconnecting again.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/8/2014, 6:36 pm

The songs this week are a mixed bag, imo. They vary from “that was nice” to “meh” to “WTF did I just listen to?”.  blinkk 

Shakin’ My Head – Mercedes+Brittany:
Glee is always a little bit try-hard in their original songs. As stereotyped as the Glee characters are that’s how typical and predictable they write within the aimed styles of their original songs. Having said that, ‘Shakin’ my Head’ therefore fits right in with most of the repetitive songs being played on the radio these days (is my age showing?), and it’s actually a very catchy song, certainly something that gets you up and dancing on a night on the town. But oh my…..the lyrics, oy.  Shocked 
Amber’s killing it as usual. I can hardly hear Heather’s voice among the studio singers, which I, when I come to think of it, don’t have any problem with at all.

All of Me – Blaine:
It’s no secret that I’m not a fan of how they usually overstretch and overestimate Darren’s singing skills on Glee, but given the right songs (with the proper range) his voice can be quite pleasant to listen to. And imo he did surprisingly well on this John Legend song.
The lower parts of the song are especially nice (“…but I’m breathing fine”), and though his head voice is not very developed it’s sufficient enough for the falsetto notes. Some of his highest notes are a bit reaching, but imo this is one of the better songs Darren did in the past few seasons.

*waits and watches as possible Blaine fans who read this (and some of you probably too) keel over from shock……hehe*  tonguue 

Girls on Film – Sam+Beau:
Don’t kill me, but I never liked Duran Duran, so this Glee cover would never have ended up on my playlist anyway. But besides this personal (anti-)preference I think that as good as Chord was on last week’s songs as bad he is on ‘Girls on Film’. If you can even judge his voice in this song that is, because the overzealous heavy studio editing/tweaking (whether that’s auto-tuning or not) almost makes you wonder how much of this….. mess is his voice and how much is artificially synthesized.  Evil or Very Mad 
There’s another singer featured on this song? Because I can only hear Chord and some generic background vocals.

Glitter In The Air – Rachel:
Lea is singing as beautiful and flawless as usual, but that unfortunaly also points out what’s missing in this version:  it misses the grit and true emotions of Pink’s original. Lea can’t put that sharp edge in her voice needed for this kind of pop song: it’s too sweet and flattened out. 
It’s a nice song and I’m sure Lea’s fans will like it, but it’s superficial.  Sleep 

No Time At All – Blaine+June:
This 2nd MacBlaine duet is better than their first, but considering how horrible ‘Piece of my Heart’ was that’s not saying much. Someone should really tell Shirley that she can’t sing (anymore).
Darren is decent in his little solo parts, but their harmonies sound really weird. This was one of those rare instances when I was actually glad that anonymous studio singers took over the song and drowned out the solo singers.

American Boy – Kurt+Blaine:
What I like about this rendition is how they distributed the lyrics between Chris and Darren. Besides Chris getting more than a cameo in a Klaine duet for once (and I’ll enjoy it while it lasts) I think they used their voices/timbres well. It’s a bit high for Darren, but lbr: 90% of the songs they pick for him are. I like the harmonies when Darren sings backup to Chris’ lead, as it balances out their voices better than the other way around (as that usually resorts to dialling Chris’ voice softer).  dryy 
Having said that: What I don’t like about this version is that they let Klaine sing this song in the first place: who thought that was a good idea? (Don’t answer that…..I know it’s Ryan Murphy and he probably only chose this song because it has New York and L.A. in its lyrics. Ugh, the music producers of Glee must facepalm and eye-roll so hard sometimes.) I don’t know what’s worse: wasting this song on Klaine’s voices or wasting their voices on this song. But thank God they at least cut out the rap.

Pompeii – Rachel+Kurt+Artie+Sam+Mercedes+Blaine+Brittany:
Not a bad group number, but it seems to be….. simplified? It sounds like a song kids who just got their first mp3 player for their 10th birthday would listen to. All the intensity of the original is gone, all that’s left is happy bouncy fluff. And again Lea’s voices misses the edge for this kind of song.
The big key change (half an octave!) doesn’t help either. For starters it changes the overall sound/feeling of the song (e.g. turning the nice dark “Eh-eh-oh-eh-oh” s into a Smurfs choir). Secondly, as happens a lot on Glee, this key change only benefits the girls (especially Lea) while the guys are left hanging out to dry, some of them needing either to reach too high (Darren) or dive too low (Chord), although they all do as best as they can with it.
Some of the harmonies are very nice.

Glee might be shaking things up in the season’s finale, but the songs hardly cause a ripple in a puddle imo. And 7 songs in a finale episode doesn’t leave much time for plot. Oh well, maybe that’ll be a blessing in disguise.  Razz
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/8/2014, 10:04 pm

sheny wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:If that spoiler turns out to be true that is the cruelest thing this show has ever day.

They picked that scene because they want to show Darren naked in bed with a girl. I think RIB regrets not making his character straight or bi so they use scenes like this one, spin the bottle, the vapo rape, etc. to show him in intimate positions with women and fulfill some people's fantasies.

Darren wouldn't still be on the show if they had made Blaine straight or bi, look at the out roar BIOTA had.

Blaine is recognised as gay, and always will be.  neutre

Ryan will be the only one having fantasies and Joaquin and about 5% of the fandom.

And Darren was naked in bed with a woman in GML, and there wasn't millions running to the theatres or buying the DVD to see that, so there can't be that many that care to see that.

If Blaine turns out to be playing Finn, then this is Ryan saying Darren should have played Finn, because why not Kurt/Chris instead, which would not upset anyone because he was Finn during the first time Tina hit her head?

Rachel would know this.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next