Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

+18
M&M
valkeakuulas
brisallie
TimF
YaoiChick
Lottie2303
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Ireth
bayth
Georgette888
Glorfindel
fantastica
Ranwing
coxfire
Buenos
Divalicious
ColferInspired
22 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 Empty Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  ColferInspired 5/5/2014, 3:06 am

As Glee is finished for this season, so I guess that is why they are not having Live tweeting, so would Chris have a Live tweeting of his own instead?
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  ColferInspired 5/5/2014, 3:07 am

fantastica wrote:am i the only one who didn't get spoiled? i didn't listen to any clips or songs. i am going to go in totally FRESH!

Well, done.  neutre 

I am sure there are plenty.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Divalicious 5/5/2014, 10:49 am

Other than the screen shots I am also pretty spoiler.free. I am saving the wonderfulness of Kurt betting the spotlight for tomorrow.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/5/2014, 11:22 am

Spoiler Chat: Chat on Glee, Supernatural, Orphan Black, Parks and Rec and More!

Matilda: I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am for Chris Colfer’s Glee episode. Got any scoop on that?

Why yes—yes we do! In fact, we just got off the phone with the one-and-only Chris Colfer and he filled us in on all the goods. “The main storyline is about Kurt. He’s really one of the only ones left in the group who hasn’t really made a name for himself yet, and he’s feeling very down about that. So he’s looking for something to supply him with that validation,” the actor-turned-Glee-writer exclusively told us. “He finds it when he meets this woman named Maggie who lives at an assisted living home, and he ends up joining that assisted living home’s production of Peter Pan.” Fingers crossed we’ll be seeing Kurt in bright green tights this Tuesday!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 5/5/2014, 1:21 pm

Buenos wrote:

Matilda: I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am for Chris Colfer’s Glee episode. Got any scoop on that?

Why yes—yes we do! In fact, we just got off the phone with the one-and-only Chris Colfer and he filled us in on all the goods. “The main storyline is about Kurt. He’s really one of the only ones left in the group who hasn’t really made a name for himself yet, and he’s feeling very down about that. So he’s looking for something to supply him with that validation,” the actor-turned-Glee-writer exclusively told us. “He finds it when he meets this woman named Maggie who lives at an assisted living home, and he ends up joining that assisted living home’s production of Peter Pan.” Fingers crossed we’ll be seeing Kurt in bright green tights this Tuesday!

Not to be too hard of a critic, but: "Kurt is the only one who hasn't made a name for himself" => I don't really like this premise, because 1) Artie is a "simple" student, does that make him a loser? and 2) Why does everyone has to be "a star", dammit? dude, you're like 19 or 20 at most, you're a student! Can't people just be happy their passion is their job? (Heck, if my job would be to attend each and every gig of all my favorite bands all over the world I'd be the happiest! I love my job, but it isn't my passion). If If only Chris could manage to convey that being a star is not what counts (what Glee mantra seems to be nowadays), but doing what you love and love what you are doing, no matter how famous you are is, then I'll be plently satisfied.

coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/5/2014, 1:27 pm

coxfire wrote:
Buenos wrote:

Not to be too hard of a critic, but: "Kurt is the only one who hasn't made a name for himself" => I don't really like this premise, because 1) Artie is a "simple" student, does that make him a loser? and 2) Why does everyone has to be "a star", dammit? dude, you're like 19 or 20 at most, you're a student! Can't people just be happy their passion is their job? (Heck, if my job would be to attend each and every gig of all my favorite bands all over the world I'd be the happiest! I love my job, but it isn't my passion). If If only Chris could manage to convey that being a star is not what counts (what Glee mantra seems to be nowadays), but doing what you love and love what you are doing, no matter how famous you are is, then I'll be plently satisfied.

Yea, Kurt's situation (nor Artie's ) isn't horrible, but the fact that Glee keeps blowing smoke up the ass of Rachel and Blaine with more implausible successes (seriously who the fuck would want to make him a star after seeing and hearing "Piece of my heart" ?? Is appears Mercedes does get her recording career going (a Mall tour from spoilers) and that Sam gets modeling gigs on the horizon.

So it stands out the ones who don't get this success, not because they deserve it, but because Glee is being selective as to who gets success so that it becomes the elephant in the room.

Even then, I wouldn't mind it as long as Kurt got SL's and screen time proportionate to his character's importance but he doesn't. If Kurt struggled but got the episodes arc to make those struggles entertaining I would be fine.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/5/2014, 1:54 pm

Glee' Covers Madonna's 'Lucky Star': Exclusive Song Premiere & Chris Colfer Q&A

The “Glee” star talks about writing his first episode of the series and its array of 80’s music.

The music for Chris Colfer’s upcoming episode of “Glee” is decidedly 80s in nature, although he swears that wasn’t a conscious choice. The 23-year-old Colfer wasn’t even born until 1990, which makes his penchant for acts like Eddie Money a surprise — but not a surprise for “Glee,” which often dives back into the 1980’s to complement their more recent pop covers.

Tuesday’s “Glee” will be the best-selling novelist’s first time penning an episode of the Emmy-award winning show that he’s starred on since its premiere in 2009. Colfer gave Billboard the rundown on the songs that made the script, if he’s cut out for penning musicals, and which number he hopes shows up on the playlist of at least one gay bar in the near future.

Billboard: Not a single one of the songs in your episode is newer than 1986. Did you realize that?

Colfer: No, that definitely was not a conscious thought! I chose the songs for the Kurt storyline, and the other writers had a handful of songs they had been wanting to incorporate into the show for a while, and the storylines for different characters. I’m just responsible for the Kurt songs.

So “I Melt With You” and “Werewolves of London” were from the writer’s room?

Those were their ideas, but when you see the episodes they were perfect for the storyline. For the songs for me, it was very much what was the most appropriate song to the scene.

"Glee" tends to have two different styles of musical numbers — big performance pieces or pure fantasy scenes. Do you err toward one side over the other?

I think I liked it more as a performance, I enjoy the performance more. With this particular episode I think, because the whole episode is about putting on a show, I focused more on the them performing aspect of it more than a fantasy. But I do love a good fantasy sequence for sure.

You’re duetting a lot this episode with June Squibb, who is an Academy Award nominee.

I cannot wait for the world to see and hear her sing. She is incredible. She made me cry. At 83 years old, she was on her feet 14 hours a day, keeping up with the singing and the dancing. She just blew everyone away. I don’t think she even messed up a line once. She was just perfect from the get-go. She sings on “Memory” and then on “Lucky Star.” “Lucky Star” was so difficult for me to sing! She sounds so much better than I do on it. I’m so excited for people to hear those.

Where does “Lucky Star” fit in?

When we do “Lucky Star,” it’s because Kurt has joined an assisted living home’s production of “Peter Pan.” In the story, he convinces them to update the production. He convinces them to use modern music to tell the story. So when he’s singing “Lucky Star” he’s singing about Neverland. The only thought I had was I wanted the music to fit. I didn’t want anything to seem arbitrary. I wanted it to be there for a reason.

You’ve done Madonna before to much fanfare. Is this a favorite track?

It definitely is one of my favorites. I’m a big Madonna fan. It was a win-win. I was really happy with June and my version. I convinced her if the song is successful we could go on the road together.

An all-Madonna revue, perhaps?

I think that’s a great idea, and I don’t know who wouldn’t buy tickets to that. I’m for it. If June’s and my version of “Lucky Star” plays at one gay club, we’ve made it.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/5/2014, 2:28 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 Tumblr_n541wauQUR1qe476yo1_500
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/5/2014, 2:54 pm

Buenos wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 Tumblr_n541wauQUR1qe476yo1_500

Definately getting the impression that FOX was behind Chris writing this ep and not Ryan Murphy or anyone else with Glee.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/5/2014, 3:13 pm

Regardless of who's idea it was , we will see Chris' episode in less than 30  hours!!

bounce bounce bounce bounce
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/5/2014, 3:50 pm

Chris Colfer For Billboard (w/Lucky Star Premiere)
blurintofocus:
Here you go! As you can guess, Lucky Star was one of the treats but fandom found it early. I hope the interview is enough of a second treat?  
As it always happens, there’s a few outtakes from my draft of that article that I can share. My editor decided to focus mostly on Lucky Star, but I asked about other musical topics too.
Do me a favor, if you reblog this extra stuff, click on the Billboard link too. So they know how many people are enjoying it.
Your other published writing is not in the musical genre. How was that experience, and do you think you’d want to tackle original musicals next?
What’s so funny is, when I was a little kid I used to write song and music all the time. I have to say, I think I was really good at it. It was something for whatever reason I put it down. I think I’d be totally rusty now, but I remember high school I did do Shirley Todd (a modern, gender-swapped Sweeny Todd), I also wrote a musical for Candyland, which I think i was 12 or 13 when I wrote that. I could still probably sing some of the songs I wrote for it. I would be very interested in doing (musicals) someday. Maybe if I worked on it I could be good at it.
You picked “Take Me Home Tonight” which samples the Ronettes’ “Be My Baby,” a melding of eras, much like the episode.
We needed a big, splashy known song for the ending. The story for Rachel is that she starts an animal charity called Broadway Bitches, about dog adoption. All the characters come together in the end to get as many dogs adopted as possible, so the lyrics fit that perfectly. It’s the two different stories of the show coming together — Kurt’s at the retirement home and Rachel is planning this charity. They kind of have a falling out, then she makes it up to him at the end by inviting Kurt and his new friends to perform at his benefit. It’s the big bow for the story.
You’ve also got “Memory,” from Cats, in the episode. A lot of people have performed this song over the years. Do you have a particular version from which you drew inspiration?
I think the live performances that Elaine Paige gives, that was the inspiration. I think that’s a song that is very very powerful, and it should be sung out. A lot of times when people cover it and record it, they sing it very very soft. Like background music. I wanted it to be big and emotion. When I sing memory I’m in a retirement home, and the song is about a life that you once lived. The words and situation were almost built for that song.
Posted 20 minutes ago by pochimicky. Tagged with 5x19, billboard, spoilers, press.
157 Notes   Via   Reblog      
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/5/2014, 4:28 pm

i don't care about the ratings. i only care that this episode will finally be ENJOYABLE to watch! you see - little if any blah and klaine; lots of kurt focus; lots of fun and comedy; lots of kurt singing... i will prepare dinner early and make sure i don't miss a single minute. I haven't watched any except 3 episodes this season and this will be my final one.

i am skipping a lot of hte posts here to keep myself spoiler-light-if-not-free. pardon me for not responding to many of your earlier posts. i will come back and read them after the episode is aired. i highly recommend that you guys not get too spoiled for this episode. it should be a real treat.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/5/2014, 4:47 pm

@Buenos, could you next time please put a link to the articles you copy and paste, so people can give the site hits and possibly comments?
Here's the link to the Billboard article above: link.   fanny2 
And here's the link to the extra answers Rae Votta gave on her twitter: link.

I'm amazed that Chris wrote his own music as a kid. Is there anything he can't do?
Maybe he will write a Broadway musical one day.  neutre 

And another interview:

Glee's Chris Colfer on His Writing Debut, Klaine's Rocky Future and 'Possibilities' For Season 6
by Andy Swift

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 Glee-chris-colfer-blogTuesday’s Glee (Fox, 8/7c) marks the first episode written by star Chris Colfer, who tells TVLine he was only given two guidelines for his script: “I couldn’t break up with Blaine and I couldn’t kill anyone.”

Below, Colfer reveals more details about his Glee writing debut, then gives us a look ahead at the show’s future: Will Kurt return next season? And if so, could he find himself suddenly single?

TVLINE | How long have you been planning to write your episode?
I never wanted to do this, or gave any indication that I wanted to do it. It’s not my world, these aren’t my characters and I thought I’d hate tampering with it or ruining it. But then they came to me and said, “Would you be interested in writing an episode? We want you to.” It was an opportunity that I could not turn down.

TVLINE | Can you set it up for us? What’s it all about?
Everyone knows I’m a very selfish writer, so the main storyline is about Kurt being down on his luck and looking for something to validate him as a performer. He ends up joining an assisted living home’s production of Peter Pan, and something happens to the woman playing Peter, so he has to fill in. The biggest compliment I got from the crew and the cast when the script came out was that it reminded them of a Glee episode from Season 1. And we got some amazing people to be in it.

TVLINE | Yeah, let’s talk about those amazing people.
June Squibb, Tom Conway and Billy Dee Williams; I was shocked. I never expected that we’d get names like that, especially June Squibb, coming [off of] an Oscar nomination. I have to say, June blew me away. People need to watch this episode just for her performance. At 83 years old, she was on her feet 14 hours a day, singing and dancing and keeping up with the rest of us. She was just impressing everyone around her. She was incredible, and I hope she gets the recognition she deserves. She blew all of us away.

TVLINE | What was most important for you to get across in the episode?
I wanted it to be very much like classic Glee. I wanted to do a story about underdogs; I think that’s why we have such a passionate audience, because it was a show about a group of kids that had never had something represent them before. My two favorite things in life are animals and old people, so I definitely wanted to incorporate both of those into the story.

TVLINE | Was there anything you wanted to do, but couldn’t for whatever reason?
They only gave me two guidelines when they gave me the job: I couldn’t break up with Blaine and I couldn’t kill anyone. They really gave me so much freedom with this. I was terrified going into it. I didn’t know what to expect, and I didn’t know if I’d be able to tell the story I wanted to tell, but the writers gave me so much room to play with. It was an incredible experience.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 Glee-kurt-blaine-blog

TVLINE | So we shouldn’t expect Kurt to break up with, then murder, Blaine?
No, no that won’t happen in this episode. Maybe Season 6, but the blood won’t be on my hands. That’ll be someone else’s episode.

TVLINE | How do you feel about where they are now, and where they could go from here?
They’re very young and they’re engaged, so I’m not sure where they’ll go after. Engagement is already a pretty big step. I’m very lucky that’s not in my hands.

TVLINE | Do you know if you’ll be back full-time next year?
I have absolutely no idea. I have heard very little about what’s going on with Season 6, so I have no idea.

TVLINE | Ryan Murphy recently said something huge happens that sends everyone on a different path. Can you elaborate?
Season 5 has a really nice conclusion that I think our audience is going to be really happy with. It sends every character on their own way, which will open up the door to a lot of possibilities in Season 6, depending on what they want to do with it. Every character gets a good send-off.

TVLINE | What are your hopes for Kurt’s future, generally speaking?
Selfishly, I had so much fun working with June, Tim and Billy Dee, I hope he has a future in the assisted living home that I created. But I just want to see him happy. I hope to see him find validation within himself. I think that would be a great lesson for the kids watching, that you have to find approval and happiness within yourself. You don’t get it from someone else.
TVline
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/5/2014, 4:55 pm

Ranwing wrote:
Buenos wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 Tumblr_n541wauQUR1qe476yo1_500

Definately getting the impression that FOX was behind Chris writing this ep and not Ryan Murphy or anyone else with Glee.
I agree. mince

Stills for 5x20:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 Tumblr_n5481dknOI1ql1znmo1_500
GLEE: L-R: Kurt (Chris Colfer), Rachel (Lea Michele) and Brittany (guest star Heather Morris) listen to Mercedes in the “The Untitled Rachel Berry Project” season finale episode of GLEE airing Tuesday, May 14 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. ©️2014 Fox Broadcasting Co. CR: Mike Yarish/FOX uhq

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 Tumblr_n5482xseLi1qe476yo1_500
GLEE: Kurt (Chris Colfer) chats with his friends in the “The Untitled Rachel Berry Project” season finale episode of GLEE airing Tuesday, May 14 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. ©️2014 Fox Broadcasting Co. CR: Mike Yarish/FOX [UHQ]

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 Tumblr_n5481hSEC71qe476yo1_500
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 Tumblr_n5481hSEC71qe476yo2_500
GLEE: Kurt (Chris Colfer, R) and Blaine (Darren Criss, L) share a moment in the “The Untitled Rachel Berry Project” season finale episode of GLEE airing Tuesday, May 14 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. ©️2014 Fox Broadcasting Co. CR: Mike Yarish/FOX [UHQ]

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 Tumblr_n547wpI0XX1ql1znmo1_500
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 Tumblr_n547wpI0XX1ql1znmo2_500
GLEE: Rachel (Lea Michele, third from L) and her friends perform in the “The Untitled Rachel Berry Project” season finale episode of GLEE airing Tuesday, May 14 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. ©️2014 Fox Broadcasting Co. CR: Tyler Golden/FOX uhq

(More at the source)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 5/5/2014, 6:09 pm

Nice shade throwing, Chris! I don't think he could have been clearer on the fact that he values Kurt as an individual and don't give two shits about Klaine. Atta boy.

I don't think he'll be part time next season though, unless he negociates it. Courage, Chris, in one year, you'll be free!
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/5/2014, 6:16 pm

BTS pics of 5x19:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 Tumblr_n54da1ygWo1qe476yo1_1280

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 Tumblr_n54da1ygWo1qe476yo3_1280

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 Tumblr_n54da1ygWo1qe476yo2_1280

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 Tumblr_n54da1ygWo1qe476yo4_1280

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 Tumblr_n54da1ygWo1qe476yo5_1280

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 Tumblr_n54da1ygWo1qe476yo6_1280
[source]
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 5/5/2014, 6:20 pm

That photo of Chris and June just made me tear up. Both ends of the age spectrum of Hollywood. One end of the talent.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/5/2014, 6:45 pm

Stills of 5x19 (behind spoiler bars because several people have expressed to want to stay as unspoiled as possible). There is no Chris in any of these stills, so if you're just looking for him don't click:

Spoiler:
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/5/2014, 6:59 pm

And here are some stills of Kurt in 5x19:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 Tumblr_n54erq4gSx1qe476yo1_500

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 519Glee_Ep519-Sc21_0287

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 519Glee_Ep519-Sc21_0308
GLEE: Kurt (Chris Colfer) nabs the lead role in a retirement home production of “Peter Pan” in the “Old Dog New Tricks” episode of GLEE airing Tuesday, May 6 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. ©2014 Fox Broadcasting Co. CR: Tyler Golden/FOX [UHQ]
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/5/2014, 7:04 pm

Since the is a spoiler thread maybe posters simply shouldn't open this thread. The whole point of a spoiler thread is to give out spoilers, just a thought.  coool 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/5/2014, 7:08 pm

^ they are total spoilers and semi-spoilers.  Smile 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/5/2014, 7:12 pm

fantastica wrote:^ they are total spoilers and semi-spoilers.  Smile 

Yet we don't have two threads for that distinction. Not trying to be a pill but if someone's doesn't want to be spoiled why come here right before the episode? It's like someone walking on the beach and not wishing to get sand on their feet.  coool 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 5/5/2014, 7:14 pm

The line about the cast and crew thinking it had a S1 feel made me smile.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 5/5/2014, 7:19 pm

I tweeted Katie Couric the news about the episode.  I don't know if she watches Glee anymore, but I would love to get her take on 'Old Dogs, New Tricks'.  

I have fond memories of her fangirling over Chris.

bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/5/2014, 8:03 pm

Buenos wrote:
fantastica wrote:^ they are total spoilers and semi-spoilers.  Smile 

Yet we don't have two threads for that distinction.  Not trying to be a pill but if someone's doesn't want to be spoiled why come here right before the episode?  It's like someone walking on the beach and not wishing to get sand on their feet.   coool 
We applied the same curtesy when spoilers came out for 'The Quarterback'. Some people wanted to be unspoiled for that episode, or at least decide for themselves whether they wanted to see a particular spoiler or not, while still being able to come to this thread to read spoilers about other episodes.

In the past few days several posters on this board have expressed that they wanted to maintain practically unspoiled for Chris' episode, so temporarily putting spoiler bars up simply to help them cherry-pick the little of 5x19 they do want to see (like the interviews) or to enable them to read other spoilers (for 5x20 or season 6) without them involuntary seeing e.g. stills doesn't seem like such a burden to do.

But as said: I'm doing this out of curtesy, not because it is mandatory, so no pressure.  fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next