Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread

+17
Delight
Ireth
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
Kurt Hummel
Lottie2303
sheny
Buenos
AnneNeville
arina
ColferInspired
Divalicious
brisallie
Jellyrolls
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
tanita_mors
21 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap11%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap37%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 37% 
[ 7 ]
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap32%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 32% 
[ 6 ]
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap5%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap15%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 15% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 19

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Empty Re: 5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  sheny 10/4/2013, 4:22 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Rachel got the part? Kurt edit it is. I won't even bother with that nonsense. RIB realize this will only grow resentment towards Rachel, don't they? I really, really cannot stand her character anymore and I don't think she deserves it. There, I said it.
Kurt is there too when the director tells Rachel she got the part so the Kurt edits won't help with avoiding that scene.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Empty Re: 5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Lottie2303 10/4/2013, 4:23 am

But ironically enough, I am happy they did because now I don't even want to watch the NYC parts anymore. I feel like I am at the end of my Glee addiction. Those few Kurt scenes, tumbrl will always inform me. Hallelujah - I really am happy right now!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 10/4/2013, 4:32 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:It there any sign of Kurt wearing the engagement ring, because some are saying they can't see it? Smile
You could definitely see it in the last scene he was in in the diner.
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_mu4lbjB9ny1ra5gbxo2_250
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_mu4lbjB9ny1ra5gbxo1_250
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_mu4lbjB9ny1ra5gbxo4_250

He is wearing the engagement ring in every scene.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/4/2013, 4:39 am

How did he sound during his dialogue of not putting his entire happiness on Blaine and the engagement? Any small hope it may be a deliberate casting choice to foreshadow some trouble on paradise?
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 10/4/2013, 5:15 am

sheny wrote:5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_mu4lbjB9ny1ra5gbxo2_250
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_mu4lbjB9ny1ra5gbxo1_250
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_mu4lbjB9ny1ra5gbxo4_250

He is wearing the engagement ring in every scene.
I thought I saw the ring in the last scene! wub 

Overall I thought the episode was alright.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/4/2013, 5:40 am

Lottie2303 wrote:How did he sound during his dialogue of not putting his entire happiness on Blaine and the engagement? Any small hope it may be a deliberate casting choice to foreshadow some trouble on paradise?
No, it was just a quick throw away line in the process of Kurt propping up special snowflake Rachel again. dryy
I love Hummelberry, but I swear.....

Ranwing wrote:And sorry Glee... owning the title of Prom Queen after being humiliated cannot be done better than how Kurt did. He didn't need propping up to get him to take his honor back. I get a sense that they just recycled the scene as they originally envisioned it for Tina so Blaine could be the hero.
Find the differences: “You can go back out there and own that prom.” <> “I’m gonna go back in there and get coronated (---) they can’t touch me.”
If that's not the original Blaine speech being taken out of season 2's waste basket, I'll eat Tina's Prom tiara.

They only had this ‘Tina Prom Queen mashed up with Carrie’ storyline so they could use what was supposed to be Blaine’s speech to Kurt 3(!) seasons ago and finally make him the hero they wanted back then, untill Chris stood up for Kurt (and I’m so glad he did).

And again they gave their Golden Globe winner, 2 times Emmy and 1 time SAG awards nominee only 3 scenes in the entire episode, all scenes that were not about him.

Glee, you are doing it wrong. Evil or Very Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/4/2013, 5:48 am

^ Wait a sec, Blaine was the one who told Tina to go out on stage again and supported her?! They really copied the entire S2 prom and making Blaine the hero yet again? They really did go there? They really recycled Blaine's S2 text and used it for Tina this time??! OMG. Glee, You. Are. Pathetic.

I am sorry, I close to having hysterics. I am also in celebration mood because I literally can feel how all ties with Glee have been cut and I am not an emotional prisoner anymore. It is the greatest feeling. I want to throw a party. Alcohol is on me!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/4/2013, 6:12 am

Lottie2303 wrote:^ Wait a sec, Blaine was the one who told Tina to go out on stage again and supported her?! They really copied the entire S2 prom and making Blaine the hero yet again? They really did go there? They really recycled Blaine's S2 text and used it for Tina this time??! OMG. Glee, You. Are. Pathetic.
Yup, it could be seen from the moon that what Blaine told Tina was directly copied from Kurt's Prom Queen script.

All the Prom scenes, especially Tina getting back in there and addressing the room, making some badass remark in the mic and getting applause for it, was a direct copy from season 2, only supposedly worse, bigger and more dramatic.
It was a very obvious attempt to create the magic times and it was a big fail, imo. Like a kid trying to duplicate the finesses of the Mona Lisa but only drawing a big head with 3 hairs and sticks instead of limbs. Evil or Very Mad 

And of course this time Tina wasn't humiliated alone like Kurt was (Stoner Brett got it too), and the whole glee club ran after her when she fled the room. Plus when she came back they were all coming with her too, unlike Kurt who had to do it all by himself (remember his slow walk back to the mic, all alone?).
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/4/2013, 6:15 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:^ Wait a sec, Blaine was the one who told Tina to go out on stage again and supported her?! They really copied the entire S2 prom and making Blaine the hero yet again? They really did go there? They really recycled Blaine's S2 text and used it for Tina this time??! OMG. Glee, You. Are. Pathetic.
Yup, it could be seen from the moon that what Blaine told Tina was directly copied from Kurt's Prom Queen script.

All the Prom scenes, especially Tina getting back in there and addressing the room, making some badass remark in the mic and getting applause for it, was a direct copy from season 2, only supposedly worse, bigger and more dramatic.
It was a very obvious attempt to create the magic times and it was a big fail, imo. Like a kid trying to duplicate the finesses of the Mona Lisa but only drawing a big head with 3 hairs and sticks instead of limbs. Evil or Very Mad 

And of course this time Tina wasn't humiliated alone like Kurt was (Stoner Brett got it too), and the whole glee club ran after her when she fled the room. Plus when she came back they were all coming with her too, unlike Kurt who had to do it all by himself (remember his slow walk back to the mic, all alone?).
I am sorry, but: ptdr ptdr ptdr 

They really lost it. They really did. They don't even bother anymore to hide they just copy previous SL's. This is just hysterical.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 10/4/2013, 6:40 am

I'm having trouble getting the Kurt Edit, but it seems I'm not in terrible hurry. Tumblr is beginning to fill up with the lovely Kurt gifs and I'm sure I'll get the edit sooner or later. I can't live of off just gifs, I have to hear Kurt as well.

As regarding to Blaine's previously altered dialogue: weren't these two episodes planned well ahead according to RIB? Two seasons ahead? Razz 

glorfindel wrote:And of course this time Tina wasn't humiliated alone like Kurt was (Stoner Brett got it too), and the whole glee club ran after her when she fled the room. Plus when she came back they were all coming with her too, unlike Kurt who had to do it all by himself (remember his slow walk back to the mic, all alone?).
But Kurt has had to and will always have to deal with things alone. Even now after Burt's relapse it's more than clear for everyone that Kurt, if any man ever created in Glee, is his own MAN and acts like a MAN. (I hate the definition of a man and woman that Glee writes out. Shows that if the writers are bad, they also lack a whole lot of society savvy.)
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/4/2013, 6:58 am

valkeakuulas wrote:I'm having trouble getting the Kurt Edit, but it seems I'm not in terrible hurry. Tumblr is beginning to fill up with the lovely Kurt gifs and I'm sure I'll get the edit sooner or later. I can't live of off just gifs, I have to hear Kurt as well.
The gifs are beautiful.

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_mu4kupQmOJ1qaxxelo2_r1_250

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_mu4aul9g6V1qdsjzio8_r1_250

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_mu4kgjMxnl1qcpsrlo10_250

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_mu4ihyvoif1qhum9po3_250

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_mu4k78KsBv1qlqnw2o1_250  5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_mu4k78KsBv1qlqnw2o2_250
(sorry, couldn't find a source)

And ahum:
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 10/4/2013, 7:48 am

Got the Kurt Edit! That was short...way too short! dryy 

I guess the pushing people around the NYADA dance hall continues. And those are some serious blue pants Kurt is wearing. Oh, and it's the same time sad and encouraging that Kurt doesn't need a relationship for happiness. OK, I'm seeing this through Kurt pink goggles, but how sad it is that Kurt knows that his future husband doesn't necesseraly bring him happiness or at least he cannot count on it, just few days after the engangement. This isn't going to(or shouldn't if I wrote the show) end well.

Get Back looks good, but I just can't get this pushing people around on objects. Didn't someone say earlier on some thread that they don't concentrate on the choreography as much as they did in earlier seasons? It shows.

Kurt at the diner, lovely look on you. I'd buy an extra apple pie coming from him. But waiters do not sit on counters when
there are customers around. No Kurt, bad boy Kurt!

I have a sneaky suspicion Rachel's luck with this producer/director might be difficult or then I've just seen Facinelli play
so many asshole characters that I can't separate.

As a final note: I want, no I need to hear Kurcheltana drunk talk because there would be some truths slinged around.

ETA: Edited after second viewing. What was that two year pinky swear about? Is the the gun on the wall of the first act? One of them is now then at danger of moving back to Lima. It will not be the Snow Flake, so it leaves either Kurt or Santana. Shocked 
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/4/2013, 8:38 am

^Hopefully the Pinky Swear means trouble in paradise for Kurt and Blaine, if Blaine for some reason has to stay in Lima longer after graduation and Kurt refuses to delay his own NY plans.
But I won't hold my breath for that.

I also won't hold my breath for 'Funny Girl' still falling through and/or Rachel losing it after all. If this was a well written show it would have been interesting and this early win would certainly have been a doom sign on the wall, but it's Glee. humhum 

Same goes for the Klaine engagement btw. I don't think RIB had them get engaged this young only so they could stir up trouble again for them before their marriage. I think their intent is to get them married, maybe even as soon as Blaine comes to New York, so they can 'legally' live in the same appartment. 
If Klaine gets into any more relationship trouble, even if they break off the engagement, it will be because Ryan gets bored again and/or finds himself without new ideas, not because he already planned many episodes ahead to give them trouble after he couldn't contain himself with the way too early OTT proposal of dreamboat Blaine.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/4/2013, 8:41 am

This is what I posted on TWoP:

What a contrast: Lima/McKinley is all recycle and rehash of things we’ve seen before while the New York side is mostly fresh and vibrant.
Let’s see, we’ve got:
- Tina getting interrupted during her solo: season 1, 2, 3 and 4,
- unqualified school nurse: already done in season 1 with Terri,
- crush from a higschool boy on a faculty member: season 3,
- Sam being completely in love with yet another girl for what.....the 5th time?
- principal Sue: season 2,
- mean cheerio trying to bring the glee club down, being supported by Sue: seasons 1, 2, 3 and 4,
- Prom/school dance: seasons 2, 3 and 4,
- all the students cheering and clapping for the glee club members when they perform at Prom, but they are such underdogs and losers in school, right? seasons 2, 3 and 4.
- an underdog being selected as Prom queen just to be ridiculed and humiliated: season 2.
How revolutionary. *yawn* Sleep 

Some further remarks on the Lima side:
- Chord looks really old and greasy now. He needs a shampoo and scissors intervention, stat.
- I’m starting to like Becca as Kitty more and more. She and Jacob are the only noobs who can stay, imo.
- Bree sounded like a clone of coach Roz in her rant to Kitty.
- Talking about cloning, find the differences:
“You can go back out there and own that prom.”<> “I’m gonna go back in there and get coronated (---) they can’t touch me.”
If that's not the original Blaine speech being taken out of season 2's waste bin, I'll eat Tina's Prom Queen tiara. I have the feeling they only had this Tina/Carrie Prom Queen storyline so they could redo Kurt's season 2(!)'s heartfelt storyline again, but this time make Blaine the hero, just the way they wanted back then.

To be fair: there was also a rehash on the NY side, with Rachel again mourning the loss for something she wanted, needing to be comforted and propped up by Kurt and everyone else, only to then magically getting it anyway. So special snowflake Rachel got Fanny. Wow, didn’t see that one coming at all. (sarcasm) dryy 
I don’t like where this is going. Besides Rachel getting it all too soon which leaves no room for growth or interesting storytelling, there’s no need to seperate the NY characters, their precious little screentime and songs on the show even more. That didn’t really work out last year with Rachel isolated in dance class at NYADA, now did it? The dynamic at the diner now shows that putting Lea, Chris and Naya together in scenes and sets is a very good thing (even when it's a bit contrived), instead of Rachel on a little narrative island apart.

Demi is an asset, she really fits in (too bad Dantana already got an expiration date), and the diner scenes are a joy to watch. They’re fresh, vibrant and more 'real', especially in comparison to stale Groundhog Day meets High School Musical Lima. Oh, and whoever designed those diner outfits deserves a hug: that red looks good on all of them. aa54 
I’m glad Kurt started working in the diner too, ‘cause that’s where the action in NY seems to be now, but I wonder how much Kurt himself will get to sing in that Madonna cover band he wants to start, hm.mince 
Special praises on the NY side go to Santana’s yeast commercial, Rachel’s ‘not-jealous-at-all’ face, and Hummelberry’s cute pianos-and-other-furniture-spinning dance despite ‘Get Back’ being one of my least favorite Beatles songs.

And I know it is futile, but I wished that ‘Let It Be’ had been a NY only closing number. Although I absolutely loved Artie, Tina and Kitty on the track itself, I really crave for a group number for NY that does not get interrupted by bland Lima (who need costumes, some attempt at choreography and a stage to get noticed, when all Hummelpezberry need is themselves and their friendship cuteness). After the Lima side just got their 'Hey Jude' bonding number, inserting them into 'Let It Be' as well was overkill and quite annoying. :angry:
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 10/4/2013, 8:42 am

valkeakuulas wrote:
ETA: Edited after second viewing. What was that two year pinky swear about? Is the the gun on the wall of the first act? One of them is now then at danger of moving back to Lima. It will not be the Snow Flake, so it leaves either Kurt or Santana. Shocked 
Leaving NYC after 2 years doesn't necessarily mean moving back to Lima. They can go to LA or another city in the US to persue their dreams, maybe even another country.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/4/2013, 8:44 am

^ maybe the musical gets cancelled like it happened in real life with Lauren Ambrose?

Nah, this is Glee. Next episode she will most likely win the Tony. Her SL reminds me a bit of a bad Fanfiction with the authors wet dream in how to succeed on Broadway. All realism got eliminated with her casting. Oh Glee, I cannot believe how bad you are nowadays.

I guess I'll watch later the Kurt edit to analyse Chris facial expressions while talking about Blaine. Is it also correct that Blaine and Sam talk about surnames, and Blaine doesn't really care yet? With what I read, I actually get the impression they plan to have a doomed engagement. But this is Glee - next episode they are probably in Vegas, get married, Blaine sings 5 songs and Kurt is nodding happily along beam 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/4/2013, 8:45 am

sheny wrote:
valkeakuulas wrote:
Leaving NYC after 2 years doesn't necessarily mean moving back to Lima. They can go to LA or another city in the US  to persue their dreams, maybe even another country.
Also, Kurt attends college in NYC that is most likely 4 years long. Where the heck did he thing he could go to? Back to Lima for some long-distant studying? blinkk 

I swear, if Kurt ever ends up back in Lima, I may fly to LA and kick RIB.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 10/4/2013, 8:56 am

Lottie2303 wrote:
sheny wrote:
valkeakuulas wrote:
Leaving NYC after 2 years doesn't necessarily mean moving back to Lima. They can go to LA or another city in the US  to persue their dreams, maybe even another country.
Also, Kurt attends college in NYC that is most likely 4 years long. Where the heck did he thing he could go to? Back to Lima for some long-distant studying? blinkk 

I swear, if Kurt ever ends up back in Lima, I may fly to LA and kick RIB.  
This was probably the writers way of telling us that the show ends after season 6 and we have only 2 more years to enjoy Kurt, Rachel and Santana's adventures in NYC.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 10/4/2013, 9:02 am

Lottie2303 wrote:I guess I'll watch later the Kurt edit to analyse Chris facial expressions while talking about Blaine. Is it also correct that Blaine and Sam talk about surnames, and Blaine doesn't really care yet? With what I read, I actually get the impression they plan to have a doomed engagement. But this is Glee - next episode they are probably in Vegas, get married, Blaine sings 5 songs and Kurt is nodding happily along beam 
For me Chris played Kurt very, how I say it neutrally, very non-chalant, like he doesn't care one way or the other. Kurt feels he's "playing the part..."

He's gotten a half cleared closure for an entire year of doubt. I don't know if Kurt really understands he's said yes and most importantly why he's said yes. For now he's in NY, his dad is healthy and Blaine in content (UHG!) so he can consentrate on himself again.

I didn't see any eye rolling from Kurt though, which makes me think if Glee gives him a chance, we'll hear why he's content with this situation.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/4/2013, 9:04 am

sheny wrote:This was probably the writers way of telling us that the show ends after season 6 and we have only 2 more years to enjoy Kurt, Rachel and Santana's adventures in NYC.
MTE.

The 2 year Pinky Swear could also be a prelude/hint to Glee doing a 2 year jump after this seemingly endless school year is finally over.

They could get several things out of the way with a 2 year jump:
- Funny Girl would be in full production and/or even over for Rachel.
- Finn's death would be a thing in the past, so there will be room for romance for Rachel again.
- Kurt and Blaine would have aged 2 years (along with the rest of them) and that would make it more plausible for them to get married (although 20-22 is still very young).
- Blaine and Artie (and maybe Sam) moving to NY would be a done deal.
- The old original characters like Mercedes and Puck would be long forgotten.
- NYADA studies for Kurt (and Blaine and/or Rachel?) will have given him/them more experience, so there's room for auditions and off-Broadway productions.
- Santana and Dani would be history, so they only need a voice-over telling us how Santana painted the town as a young, free lesbian.
- The noobs will have graduated too, so some of them can be shipped off to NY, like Kitty joining Artie.

The show would have finally dumped Lima without Ryan losing his new shiny noobs toys.

Not that I believe that this will happen (it sounds too good to be true), but it's a possibility.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 10/4/2013, 9:13 am

Glorfindel wrote:
sheny wrote:This was probably the writers way of telling us that the show ends after season 6 and we have only 2 more years to enjoy Kurt, Rachel and Santana's adventures in NYC.
MTE.

The 2 year Pinky Swear could also be a prelude/hint to Glee doing a 2 year jump after this seemingly endless school year is finally over.
panik 
I love this thought! Give me this NOW!
(I know you can't but I want it anyway.)
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 10/4/2013, 9:14 am

So, new episode of Glee. While this one didn't have the infuriating content that i hated like the last, it was kind of just there for the most part. Again, watching the Lima and New York parts of the show is literary like watching two separate entities mashed into one.

New York was fantastic and fun. It flowed seamlessly. The only flow was that Kurt had a rather marginal role in this episode, but what can you do. The HummelBerry and Pezzberry scenes were fantastic. I did role my eyes at Rachel getting Fanny but that was the only time. So victory here.

Lima is for 2 episodes in a row showing a pattern - the New New directions are totally in the background (save Kitty, who is the only character/actor who showed anything good last season so it's not surprising). The problem is that the storylines, while they focus on older members, are so uninspiring and boring. Why is Tina soooo shallow and such a bitch now ? Why for heavens sake is the title of Prom Queen the be-all and end-all for so many of these girls ? Frankly, she doesn't deserve the friends she has after the way she acted. The Carrie moment was freaking telegraphed and just unnecessarily cruel, even for Glee. I kind of dig baby Santana, and I hope she stays evil for good. Sue as principal continues not to annoy me, so there is that. Sam and the nurse - whatever. Dude continues to decline in likability with each episode. I did LOL at his solo thought, the camera work and slow-mo blowing hair was hysterical.

Let it Be was beautiful but it should have been a NY song only.

Also, I kind of expected an indication of what is to come next week in the last few moments of the episode, like a stricken face of Kurt or Will after getting a phone call with the news, but we got nothing. Kind of disappointed to be honest.

All in all, besides NY, nothing remarkable about this episode.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/4/2013, 9:42 am

Part of AV Club's's review:

Here’s what you missed on Glee: A little bit of attention makes anyone in the New Directions a total diva, the straight white kids still haven’t read their pamphlets on white knighting, there’s a bitch test required to join the Cheerios, popularity at McKinley is so moment-to-moment that the kids might need an ADHD episode, Rachel is New York’s greatest actress, love is all you need if you’re a gay teenager who wants to get married, and when someone leaves their role they’re replaced by a shallower clone like that scene in The Prestige only with no conscious sense of horror, and that’s what you’ve seen ad nauseam on Glee. I could—and I’m still hoping to someday—compile a review entirely out of snippets of past reviews, but I’d rather just get this over with. I just hope the writers are asking themselves why they’re doing what they’re doing as often as I’m asking myself every Thursday night.

(---) Glee’s just going through the motions again. So Tina reenacts that script from when Kurt got embarrassed at prom, ran out crying, and then threw caution to the wind and waltzed back into prom like he owned it. You have to admit, it's pretty next-level to present a clip show as new content.
moque
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/4/2013, 10:07 am

I wouldn't have minded rehashing the humilation when voted prom queen storyline if it weren't totally obvious that they just recycled the pep talk scene that was intended for Kurt (Thank you Chris for standing your ground) for Tina. Blaine got to be the Big Damn Hero tm, Tina got her redemption and I sat there the whole time thinking that they did this better in season two. Oh well.

Perhaps it's going to be better for Kurt's storyline in the long run for Rachel to be by herself in Funny Girl. I think that the writers genuinely chaffed at having anyone, especially Kurt, on more or less equal footing with Rachel. Now she's been jet propelled far ahead so the natural order of the universe has been righted. This may give them a bit of room to actually let Kurt have a storyline that is about himself and his aspirations that doesn't automatically get dovetailed into playing cheerleader for Rachel Berry. As much as I like Hummelberry sometimes, too often Kurt gets sacrificed on the alter of supporting Rachel's Special Snowflake status. Maybe now with this seperation Kurt's own aspirations will get some room to breathe. If Rachel is no longer at NYADA because of her comittment to Funny Girl, that will give Kurt more room to shine as a performer in his own right.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 10/4/2013, 10:39 am

Ranwing wrote:Do you know what I saw in Kurt and Santana when Rachel got her good news? Total happiness and joy and her behalf. No envy or wishing that it was them and not her. They were just happy for her and celebrating her new success. Now compare that to Rachel when Santana showed her the commercial she just did. Barely able to keep a smile on her face and the jealousy showing the instant Santana's back was turned.

Just once, I'd like to see Rachel so some real humility (which is different than wanting her to be humiliated). I want her to show real grace and support for another, especially if it costs her something. Let her be the one sacrificing on behalf of another. When Kurt lost out on NYADA, he was totally supportive of Rachel and helped her get her footing those first months even though it had to be killing him that he wasn't the one attending. Rachel has yet to show me the ability to be happy for someone else's success without first thinking of why it's not her.
I actually think that is good characterization. Some people are really graceless about others' success. It's in other areas that I feel the storytelling falls short (that Rachel keeps getting things beyond what she could conceivably win, and that Santana and Kurt rarely call her out on her behavior--though at least she does get called out sometimes).

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next