Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread

+17
Delight
Ireth
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
Kurt Hummel
Lottie2303
sheny
Buenos
AnneNeville
arina
ColferInspired
Divalicious
brisallie
Jellyrolls
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
tanita_mors
21 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap11%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap37%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 37% 
[ 7 ]
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap32%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 32% 
[ 6 ]
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap5%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap15%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 15% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 19

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 10/3/2013, 11:19 pm

arina wrote:How much was Kurt in this episode?
Three scenes. Get Back, a diner scene with Rachel and Santana, and Let It Be.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Ranwing 10/3/2013, 11:30 pm

brisallie wrote:
Ranwing wrote:I can't even must up the anger at Rachel just being handed a huge prize. Again. They've totally stripped her story of any kind of suspense and we all knew that there is no way that they would ever let her actually fail at something. Very likely the funding for the show will fall through or something if they need to pull the plug on that storyline so they do it without implying for even a second that Rachel wasn't the most talented being on the planet. I'm so over it already.

Agree. Until last week I was hopeful Rachel won't get the role, and finally she will face how hard is to get things in life, sometimes, but after she did that performance at the diner and seeing the faces of the producers (Peter and the other guy),I realized that might got the role actually, but still I thought they won't gonna let her to fulfill her dreams at this point, because what it comes next?
It'll by Kurt and Santana (primarily Kurt since Santana has already gotten a commercial spot) who'll show the reality of show business. Hard work, putting in your dues, small rewards that might be few and far between before the big break (that sometimes never comes). Rachel is the fairy tale where everything always will work out for her in the end.

When you think about it, they had to give Rachel the part. After all, Kurt is now at NYADA which made him and Rachel... *gasp*... equals! We can't have that. Not Special Snowflake Rachel.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/3/2013, 11:32 pm

But then when Kurt has his big audition, Blaine will show up, and sing in the bathroom while he is pooping fairy dust, and the director will fall in love with him and give Blaine the role Kurt is auditioning for on the spot
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 10/3/2013, 11:35 pm

And why would Blaine need to audition, surely the director will see the golden aura that surrounds him and just give him the part.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/3/2013, 11:42 pm

I suppose we have to give the show credit. After all they let Rachel mope for a whole half an episode, thinking that she was out of the running. And that can't be allowed, otherwise he universe will spontaneously combust or something.

It's not that I don't think she shouldn't ever succeed. But they made this so easy and predictable that it's just boring. I suppose the season will end with her getting a Tony nomination (with the award given next season because trying to squeeze so much success in a single season would just be unrealistic).
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/3/2013, 11:46 pm

Ranwing wrote:
It'll by Kurt and Santana (primarily Kurt since Santana has already gotten a commercial spot) who'll show the reality of show business. Hard work, putting in your dues, small rewards that might be few and far between before the big break (that sometimes never comes). Rachel is the fairy tale where everything always will work out for her in the end.

When you think about it, they had to give Rachel the part. After all, Kurt is now at NYADA which made him and Rachel... *gasp*... equals! We can't have that. Not Special Snowflake Rachel.
Sometimes I wonder why I still bear Rachel. Seriously, what is wrong with having she and Kurt at NYADA as they were equals? Because Glee still cant make me believe that Rachel is more 'special' than Kurt, but as we have mentioned before, some has lose and someone has win.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/3/2013, 11:49 pm

And now we know why Kurt is working at the diner - because Rachel won't be after this. Not Ms. Big Shot Starring Role Actress. They needed someone to fill in the scenes with Santana.

Darn... I said I wasn't going to get irritated over this.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 10/3/2013, 11:54 pm

Ranwing wrote:And now we know why Kurt is working at the diner - because Rachel won't be after this. Not Ms. Big Shot Starring Role Actress. They needed someone to fill in the scenes with Santana.

If that's the case, why did she have to be working at the diner at all? She could have come to have a cup of coffee and visit Santana when the director came in.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/3/2013, 11:54 pm

I don't know why you are all upset about Rachel getting the part. I mean, they totally need to bring in some new characters on Glee because they really don't have enough of them, and what better way than to do that than to start rachel into a story that no one else in the glee cast can be involved with. (sarcasm).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 10/4/2013, 12:01 am

Well, they will have Kurt and Santana commiserate that Rachel actually has to go to rehearsals. How tired she is, even though Kurt has a job, an internship and school. Yes, my wonderful Kurt from season 1 and part of 2 has languished for far too long. The writers know just a few moments of his character on the screen makes so many of the other characters look useless they have to really be parsimonious. Rachel is the star, so she can outshine them, but heaven forbid someone outside of Lima get a real life and get to keep it.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/4/2013, 12:01 am

I'm not complaining having waiter kurtana scenes in the diner in the future,tonguue 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/4/2013, 12:03 am

AnneNeville wrote:
Ranwing wrote:And now we know why Kurt is working at the diner - because Rachel won't be after this. Not Ms. Big Shot Starring Role Actress. They needed someone to fill in the scenes with Santana.

If that's the case, why did she have to be working at the diner at all? She could have come to have a cup of coffee and visit Santana when the director came in.
How else were they going to get Rachel to go through the motions of being an adult and a "struggling" working professional?

Bah... so much contrived nonsense. I don't know why I let this bother me. Rachel is the Special Snowflake of the show. If she fails at something, it'll be because of some outside factor and nothing to do with her herself.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/4/2013, 12:33 am

Ranwing wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:

How else were they going to get Rachel to go through the motions of being an adult and a "struggling" working professional?

This's so funny. How long Rachel worked at the diner? two weeks? a month? It seems it was long enough for her to "struggle" with adult life and realize how "hard" it is. Seriously, I don't know how writers want people to feel identified with Rachel if she gets everything so easily.

Buenos wrote:I'm not complaining having waiter kurtana scenes in the diner in the future,tonguue
I like how you see the silver lining of things Smile that is sth I'm looking forward to see too.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/4/2013, 12:40 am

Do you know what I saw in Kurt and Santana when Rachel got her good news? Total happiness and joy and her behalf. No envy or wishing that it was them and not her. They were just happy for her and celebrating her new success. Now compare that to Rachel when Santana showed her the commercial she just did. Barely able to keep a smile on her face and the jealousy showing the instant Santana's back was turned.

Just once, I'd like to see Rachel so some real humility (which is different than wanting her to be humiliated). I want her to show real grace and support for another, especially if it costs her something. Let her be the one sacrificing on behalf of another. When Kurt lost out on NYADA, he was totally supportive of Rachel and helped her get her footing those first months even though it had to be killing him that he wasn't the one attending. Rachel has yet to show me the ability to be happy for someone else's success without first thinking of why it's not her.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 10/4/2013, 12:52 am

^ Sadly, this is Rachel's fatal flaw. It is one thing to be a self-centered child, another thing as an adult. Why she would continue to have friends that were in such a one sided relationship says a lot about the writing on this show. They support, she laps it up. She falls, they pick her up. They have a success and either she is jealous, or her loss of something frivolous taints their win. Rachel takes, but doesn't give. If I thought for a moment they would realize that is a problem, I would look forward to her growing up. But it seems neither she nor Blaine require any improvements in their perceived perfectness.

The only perfection is death. Because there is no where left to go. I prefer imperfect, trials and tribulations, losing and finding a way to rise above that to create your own win. Rachel and Blaine's story to me is just death, death of believability, interest and caring.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/4/2013, 12:56 am

Ranwing wrote:Do you know what I saw in Kurt and Santana when Rachel got her good news? Total happiness and joy and her behalf. No envy or wishing that it was them and not her. They were just happy for her and celebrating her new success. Now compare that to Rachel when Santana showed her the commercial she just did. Barely able to keep a smile on her face and the jealousy showing the instant Santana's back was turned.

Just once, I'd like to see Rachel so some real humility (which is different than wanting her to be humiliated). I want her to show real grace and support for another, especially if it costs her something. Let her be the one sacrificing on behalf of another. When Kurt lost out on NYADA, he was totally supportive of Rachel and helped her get her footing those first months even though it had to be killing him that he wasn't the one attending. Rachel has yet to show me the ability to be happy for someone else's success without first thinking of why it's not her.
Well, from tweets and sitings, Chris has been filming with Naya and Demi, so I think we are definitely getting these kind of scenes.

I hope this means we are getting a Kurtana friendship and a duet in the future.

They fact that they are staying in New York together is interesting.

I don't have a download yet.

But did Kurt mentioning Blaine as well in this plan or not?
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/4/2013, 1:00 am

Divalicious wrote:The only perfection is death.  Because there is no where left to go.  I prefer imperfect, trials and tribulations, losing and finding a way to rise above that to create your own win.  Rachel and Blaine's story to me is just death, death of believability, interest and caring.  
This is why I've found Kurt's storyline so much more compelling. It's not just because I prefer him as a character. But because he struggles and he has to struggle for the smallest rewards (sometimes just the right to exist in peace), I feel enormous investment. Nothing for Kurt is ever certain and his rewards might be only small moral victories and not the big material prizes that Rachel and Blaine enjoy so often. Because his achievements never come without cost (if he wins at all), they're meaningful.

Rachel is on a golden path with nary a pothole in her way. And if she can't walk on her own, others will push her because she's just so very special. Rachel has to achieve, so if others have their own aspirations sacrificed along the way, well that's just the price to be paid to ensure Rachel's inevitable success. And because her success is so inevitable, I just can't bring myself to be bothered. We all know how this story ends, so why bother reading it further?
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/4/2013, 1:01 am

ColferInspired wrote:
But did Kurt mentioning Blaine as well in this plan or not?
The only mention Kurt made of Blaine was that he wasn't tying up all his future happiness on being married to Mr. Wonderful. Which pleased me to no end. He's still going to shoot for his own dreams.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 10/4/2013, 1:14 am

I have not watched the episode yet but while I agree that I don't like Rachel gets most of the things very easily because it makes her storylines pretty predictable and boring (but honestly what is not predictable and boring on Glee these days? everyting is rushed and without proper development) but I personally love Rachel as a character, she is someone I definitely wouldn't be a great friend in real life but people like her exist and I definitely enjoy her personality on TV, I like that the writers chose for the main character a girl with many irritating and bad qualities instead of your usual nice, shy and very humble girl next door.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/4/2013, 1:37 am

arina wrote:I have not watched the episode yet but while I agree that I don't like Rachel gets most of the things very easily because it makes her storylines pretty predictable and boring (but honestly what is not predictable and boring on Glee these days? everyting is rushed and without proper development) but I personally love Rachel as a character, she is someone I definitely wouldn't be a great friend in real life but people like her exist and I definitely enjoy her personality on TV, I like that the writers chose for the main character a girl with many irritating and bad qualities instead of your usual nice, shy and very humble girl next door.
I completely agree that Rachel is infinitely preferable and more interesting as a character than Marley (who is the living embodiment of beige paint). I appreciate that she's not always nice and that she has some really deep flaws, of which professional jealous is one of her biggest. My problem is that as of the past two seasons, she has been given a large amount of leeway in indulging those less pleasant aspects of her personality without suffering any real consequences. In earlier seasons Rachel got slapped down rather swiftly when she acted out. Now it just gets shrugged off, or worse, rewarded.

The show wants it both ways - bring up all these flaws that can make Rachel very difficult to tolerate at times, but also have everyone love her and be willing to fall over themselves to help her (sometimes at the expense of their own self-interests). It was a lot easier to tolerate Rachel's selfishness when she and Kurt were clear rivals. Now that they're besties, it makes it harder to forgive. Everyone just tolerates Rachel's self-indulgent behavior and gives her all the support she craves.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 10/4/2013, 3:40 am

I won't complain if Rachel quits the diner. I love Kurtana, Kurt and Santana are my favourite characters and it will be great if they really give them more scenes together without Rachel. Pezberry is too boring and unrealistic for me and Kurt's constant cheerleader status makes me dislike Hummelberry.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/4/2013, 3:53 am

I posted this on tumblr and I think that it needs saying.

OK Kurt, you've supported Rachel enough

You’ve been a great friend to her. You signed her up for the Funny Girl auditions when she was too busy sitting shiva again for her career. You cheered her up when she worried over her call back not coming quickly enough. You raised her spirits when she worried over final word on the role. And you showed nothing but happiness and not a single iota of jealousy when she got the part.

You’ve done your job. Now it’s time to focus on your own career. Sign up for your own auditions. Go to open calls and try out for every part that sparks your interest. Now it’s your turn.

And Rachel… let’s see if you can be as supportive of Kurt as he’s been to you.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/4/2013, 4:06 am

I totally forgot Glee aired last night... Guess I have some catching up to and I have to decide if I actually want to see the episode.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/4/2013, 4:12 am

Rachel got the part? Kurt edit it is. I won't even bother with that nonsense. RIB realize this will only grow resentment towards Rachel, don't they? I really, really cannot stand her character anymore and I don't think she deserves it. There, I said it.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/4/2013, 4:15 am

Lottie2303 wrote: I don't think she deserves it. There, I said it.
Don't feel bad. You're hardly the only one saying it.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next