Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread

+17
Delight
Ireth
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
Kurt Hummel
Lottie2303
sheny
Buenos
AnneNeville
arina
ColferInspired
Divalicious
brisallie
Jellyrolls
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
tanita_mors
21 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap0%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap11%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap37%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 37% 
[ 7 ]
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap32%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 32% 
[ 6 ]
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap5%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap0%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap15%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 15% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 19

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: 5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ColferInspired 10/6/2013, 10:47 pm

After seeing the Get Back performance I now believe that Meg Doyle tweet about someone complaining about tight pants was definitely Chris. Razz 

How the hell did he even move in those things?

And the shirt you can tell was tight as well.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: 5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  arina 10/7/2013, 12:53 am

I actually read somewhere that based on some tweet from someone else from the same day (Adam Shankman maybe?) about being there very late with Darren, Chord and Meg Doyle, she probably talked about one of those guys.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 10/7/2013, 10:24 pm

-I cherished every Kurt bit of the episode. "Get Back" was fun and adorable.

-Santana's yeast infection commerical was hilarious.

-I love,love,love Dani and Santana's chemistry!!!! I am so stoked for this storyline! Go, Santana! Nervous!Santana was so freaking adorable....and I never thought I'd refer to Santana as "adorable"....but there you go.

-I have a feeling that the director who gave the part to Rachel will turn out to be a sexually harrassing creep or something....

-Bree looks just like Santana. Seeing Kitty and Bree in the same frame make me think of Quinntana S1. I actually liked Kitty in this episode, btw. Proud of the growth she's shown.

-Even if I don't like Tina, I felt so bad for her when she just....slunked off stage after being Carrie'd like that.

-Nurse Penny was so cute.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 10/7/2013, 10:57 pm

-Kurt speaks so quickly that I did not even catch that he said he was starting a Madonna tribute cover band. Awwwww. I was hoping it would be a male artist so we could hear more of Chris' lower, male range. Have him go all Arnel Pineda on us.... Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/7/2013, 11:03 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:-I cherished every Kurt bit of the episode. "Get Back" was fun and adorable.

-I love,love,love Dani and Santana's chemistry!!!! I am so stoked for this storyline! Go, Santana! Nervous!Santana was so freaking adorable....and I never thought I'd refer to Santana as "adorable"....but there you go.

-I have a feeling that the director who gave the part to Rachel will turn out to be a sexually harrassing creep or something....

-Bree looks just like Santana. Seeing Kitty and Bree in the same frame make me think of Quinntana S1. I actually liked Kitty in this episode, btw. Proud of the growth she's shown.

Glad you're back Smile

- I agree, GET BACK was so fun to watch. Though still I'm not so in love of that vest.

-If I were Rachel, I would have laughed at that commercial, and at the same time feel proud of my friend for risking to doing a commercial like that one. I would have been embarrasing for me.

-Sometimes love changes you, and shows a side of you that probably you never expected to have. Like Santana being "adorable"

-Now you're mentioning that, it could be. So either he's fired of the production or Rachel decided to leave, I prefer the latter and though won't be the nicest reason to quit, still I believe is too soon for Rachel to make it in Broadway.

-Although Kitty is growing on me, still I dislike they're looking for the 2.0 version of the old gang.

- For me Nurse Penny is like the new replacement of Emma. She's as sweet as her, and seems like someone students can trust. But I'm not interested in Sam's romantic life, he has a new gf every year, so I wonder how long Penny will stay.

P.S Isn't Arnell Pineda the vocalist of Journey?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 10/7/2013, 11:31 pm

brisallie wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:-I cherished every Kurt bit of the episode. "Get Back" was fun and adorable.

Glad you're back Smile

- I agree, GET BACK was so fun to watch. Though still I'm not so in love of that vest.

-If I were Rachel, I would have laughed at that commercial, and at the same time feel proud of my friend for risking to doing a commercial like that one. I would have been embarrasing for me.

-Sometimes love changes you, and shows a side of you that probably you never expected to have. Like Santana being "adorable"

-Now you're mentioning that, it could be. So either he's fired of the production or Rachel decided to leave, I prefer the latter and though won't be the nicest reason to quit, still I believe is too soon for Rachel to make it in Broadway.

-Although Kitty is growing on me, still I dislike they're looking for the 2.0 version of the old gang.

- For me Nurse Penny is like the new replacement of Emma. She's as sweet as her, and seems like someone students can trust. But I'm not interested in Sam's romantic life, he has a new gf every year, so I wonder how long Penny will stay.

P.S Isn't Arnell Pineda the vocalist of Journey?
I miss this place so freaking much.crycry 

-I love Rachel and I'm sorry about losing Finn, but I agree that it's too soon for her to land her dream role. There has to be a catch somewhere.

-It didn't even occur to me that Penny was a replacement Emma. Of course she is! The actress who plays Emma is leaving.

-Kitty is growing on me as well. I never thought I'd say that.

-I don't like Bree. Why must every cheerleader be a mean girl? Well, aside from Brittany....

-The Quarterback will have me bawling....

-Arnel Pineda is the current lead singer of the band Journey. His voice sounds scarily similar to the original lead singer Steve Perry. The band discovered him as a replacement while trolling youtube videos and by stumbling across this unknown singers' various covers of rock songs, including some Journey songs. Now he is the new lead singer of the band Journey and is famous. Would that be a cool storyline for Kurt?! mrgreen That's why I was hoping his cover band would be centered around a male artist. With it being Madonna, I'm worried that Rachel and Santana will sing more than Kurt will.... :(

Steve Perry would have been an obvious choice because of the range, but that would be copying the real life story of Arnel too much.

But since Michael Jackson's death, tribute artists and tribute bands have bee springing up (black and white, male and female artists are all getting in on the act) like crazy. Since Chris sounds so good singing MJ songs and has the range, I was hoping it would be an MJ tribute band of some kind. Then, Kurt could achieve a slight level of fame as an MJ tribute artist. His journey would've taken an unexpected (but not unwelcome) turn. I thought it would've been very interesting. Plus, I'd just kill to hear Chris sing "Dirty Diana"....suspectt 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 10/7/2013, 11:37 pm

-The mini Kurtana duet in "Let It Be" was heavenly....

-"Here Comes the Sun" was beautiful. Oh, Santana and her thing for blondes.... Wink

-Rachel's peptalk to Santana was so sweet.

-Kurtcheltana working in the same diner is just too perfect. I love it.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/8/2013, 12:18 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:

-"Here Comes the Sun" was beautiful. Oh, Santana and her thing for blondes.... Wink

-I wonder if Santana doesn't mind if the girl is natural blonde or not. Because Dani isn't

-I'm sad Rachel is leaving because of Fanny, because those three working at the diner has so much potential for funny scenes lol

So, if I understood, you had the idea of Kurt being discovered as Arnell was discovered by Journey. Like all of sudden he became in the lead singer of a band, umm that would be awesomely unexpected. I don't know, I just don't see Kurt being the lead singer of a band, I think it might work if the songs are appropiate for his vocal range and voice itself. To be honest, I see him more in the fashion industry. But as rarely he has the opportunity to sing, I'm excited for this new storyline.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/8/2013, 2:33 am

^ I want him to be discovered as model. That is my new dream scenario. Will never happen, but a girl can dream.

Even though I also like Heather's little story how the new lead of Journey got discovered. Could really be a potential Glee SL.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/8/2013, 4:54 am

^I always thought that Kurt could be discovered as a (coverband) singer for old fifties songs like Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons or the Platters. But that's not pop enough for Glee, I'm afraid.

TBH: I've had enough of the Madonna, Gaga and Katy songs on Glee, and also Barbra. I'm sorry to say this (and I hope you get what I mean and not take it as an insult), but covering these female singers all the time is "really gay", as Kurt would say in season 1. Razz 
It's high time some other singers and bands get covered on the show.

MoviesAreLife wrote:-It didn't even occur to me that Penny was a replacement Emma. Of course she is! The actress who plays Emma is leaving.
Yup. And if you know that Penny was supposed to be Finn's girlfriend and Finn was being maulded into Mr. Shue 2.0 to replace Matt it all adds up, right? dryy 
Lather, rinse, repeat.

What I don't understand is why they so desperately want to replace the originals with 2.0 half-baked clones (not that Cory/Finn was, but the rest of the 2.0 clones are) while the superior 1.0 versions are still right there on the show, doing practically nothing most of the time?
It's almost as if they blame the reason why the show is declining and characters are not taken serious anymore (pedophile Will, toxic Finchel) on the actors playing them, instead of on their own bad writing. (except of course Blaine: they never blame Darren)

But haha, who am I kidding: that's exactly what they are doing. They discard the tools they used when they were building e.g. a bookcase if that bookcase turns up to be all crooked and unstable, to replace them with new shiny tools, not realizing (or not wanting to acknowledge) that the tools are not what makes the bookcase crooked but the carpenter who wields them.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 10/8/2013, 5:01 am

Glorfindel wrote:Yup. And if you know that Penny was supposed to be Finn's girlfriend and Finn was being maulded into Mr. Shue 2.0 to replace Matt it all adds up, right? dryy 
Lather, rinse, repeat.
Really? I had not idea about that.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/8/2013, 5:04 am

I think it is all ego. They want the characters but for whatever reason different actors. They seem to be sick of them. So instead of creating new characters, they are lazy and just replace the old ones and are sincerely shocked when it doesn't work.

That this strategy reminds me of kindergarten and is so very childish doesn't seem to cross their minds. RIB are only losing credibility.

BTW, I agree with all the Gaga, Katy, Madonna. I am generally not a fan of any of them and would welcome some diversity. As long as no rape songs are used..... :angry: 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 10/8/2013, 5:07 am

While I like some of Gaga, Madonna or Katy Perry songs I would also really prefer more divesity... but on the other hand better Kurt singing Madonna than not singing at all... I hope they will at least choose something good.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/8/2013, 12:00 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:^ I want him to be discovered as model. That is my new dream scenario. Will never happen, but a girl can dream.

I've said it countless of times this boy should be a model, and I'm not referring only to Kurt, but also to Chris. And with rape songs are you referring to "Blurred Lines"?

@Marie, in season one would have been possible to have a cover band with songs from the 50's/60's, because back then Glee was really into old classic songs, but now they only sing top 40. What is not so bad, because I've discovered good bands such as Imagine Dragons Smile, but what I like about those old songs is that was a way to connect all generations.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/8/2013, 1:01 pm

[quote="brisallie"]
Lottie2303 wrote: And with rape songs are you referring to "Blurred Lines"?
Yup, sorry for spoiling anyone. I was seeing red at the moment when I wrote the comment.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/8/2013, 6:21 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
brisallie wrote:
Yup, sorry for spoiling anyone. I was seeing red at the moment when I wrote the comment.
Red? Is that a movie or series?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/8/2013, 6:41 pm

brisallie wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:
brisallie wrote:
When you say "I saw red" it means you were angry.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/8/2013, 7:02 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
brisallie wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:
brisallie wrote:
When you say "I saw red" it means you were angry.  
Oh. I didn't know that one, thanks:) 
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 10/8/2013, 7:06 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:When you say "I saw red" it means you were angry.  
I thought this one was in red, but it's still my favorite 'rant' emoticon:  5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Rant

Also this one:  5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Iamsmiling2

And this is how I feel about the writing on this show: 5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Thashamed
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 10/13/2013, 4:34 pm

brisallie wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:

-I wonder if Santana doesn't mind if the girl is natural blonde or not. Because Dani isn't

-I'm sad Rachel is leaving because of Fanny, because those three working at the diner has so much potential for funny scenes lol

So, if I understood, you had the idea of Kurt being discovered as Arnell was discovered by Journey. Like all of sudden he became in the lead singer of a band, umm that would be awesomely unexpected. I don't know, I just don't see Kurt being the lead singer of a band, I think it might work if the songs are appropiate for his vocal range and voice itself. To be honest, I see him more in the fashion industry. But as rarely he has the opportunity to sing, I'm excited for this new storyline.
It's just so new, fresh and exciting. Everyone knows that Rachel is a future Broadway baby. It's fitting, albeit really predictable. But Kurt as a lead singer in a band? Santana as a dancer? Never saw it coming, but I love it!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/13/2013, 5:37 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:...
It's just so new, fresh and exciting. Everyone knows that Rachel is a future Broadway baby. It's fitting, albeit really predictable. But Kurt as a lead singer in a band? Santana as a dancer? Never saw it coming, but I love it!
I see where are you going girl. When it comes to Rachel, everything is predictable, we already know her last scene will be her on Broadway stage, but as things are going, that might happen earlier. But as regards Kurt and Santana, they're still things unclear about them, for instance I've always seen Kurt being big in the fashion industry and Santana...I never thought what she could be lol. Anyway, I just want the best for all them, in particular for Kurtana.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/13/2013, 9:28 pm

Rumors are that the writers elected to give Rachel Funny Girl only after Cory died because apparently they can't give her too much sadness all at once. I could buy that except that season three was such a total shit taco for Kurt and no one seemed to be considering that maybe they were providing no balance for Kurt's story but... whatever... If this is the case, it just continues Glee's long history of dishonest storytelling. They've so completely drained any real suspense from Rachel's story that you just end up shrugging at each improbable win.

I had long since made my peace with the fact that whatever success Kurt is allowed to find, he will never be allowed to surpass or even equal Rachel in this specific area. She will be the Broadway star. The odds are that Kurt's ambitions will be deviated - possibly to music or even being scouted for a television show or movie, so that he can have his own success but never be seen in competition with Rachel. Rather silly (and again dishonest storytelling) but I can live with it so long as Kurt is allowed to actually find success and is happy.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 10/13/2013, 9:57 pm

brisallie wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:...
I see where are you going girl. When it comes to Rachel, everything is predictable, we already know her last scene will be her on Broadway stage, but as things are going, that might happen earlier. But as regards Kurt and Santana, they're still things unclear about them, for instance I've always seen Kurt being big in the fashion industry and Santana...I never thought what she could be lol. Anyway, I just want the best for all them, in particular for Kurtana.
I also think that fashion is stereotypical and predictable (and sort of lame....sorry....I don't get fashion at all blushh ). Fans have been wanting Kurt to go into fashion since day one. But the lead singer of a band? Wow. I never would've thought about that.

As for Santana...everyone wants her to be a singer. A natural choice. But for her to be a dancer? I'm not complaining. I think it's interesting.

I always thought a neat storyline for Puck and Finn (when Puck was still a "screenwriter") would for them to team up all Matt Damon/Ben Affleck style and write the next "Good Will Hunting" together. Puck would write the script, Finn would star in it (back when he had his acting dreams) and Artie would direct it. It would become the sleeper hit of the season.Smile 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 10/13/2013, 10:10 pm

Ranwing wrote:Rumors are that the writers elected to give Rachel Funny Girl only after Cory died because apparently they can't give her too much sadness all at once. I could buy that except that season three was such a total shit taco for Kurt and no one seemed to be considering that maybe they were providing no balance for Kurt's story but... whatever... If this is the case, it just continues Glee's long history of dishonest storytelling. They've so completely drained any real suspense from Rachel's story that you just end up shrugging at each improbable win.

I had long since made my peace with the fact that whatever success Kurt is allowed to find, he will never be allowed to surpass or even equal Rachel in this specific area. She will be the Broadway star. The odds are that Kurt's ambitions will be deviated - possibly to music or even being scouted for a television show or movie, so that he can have his own success but never be seen in competition with Rachel. Rather silly (and again dishonest storytelling) but I can live with it so long as Kurt is allowed to actually find success and is happy.
I have no problem with her getting Fanny but losing Finn. This reminds me of the infamous Kurt Hummel set up in which they give Kurt something, and then kick him in the nads to "make up" for it. Rolling Eyes Kurt aces his audition but doesn't get in to NYADA. Kurt goes to NYC but Blaine cheats on him. Kurt gets into NYADA and then Burt gets cancer. Rachel gets Fanny but Finn ("her person") dies. Even if it was unplanned, her success is tainted with this overwhelmingly sad event this year. She is not getting off scott free.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/14/2013, 12:46 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
I also think that fashion is stereotypical and predictable (and sort of lame....sorry....I don't get fashion at all blushh ). Fans have been wanting Kurt to go into fashion since day one. But the lead singer of a band? Wow. I never would've thought about that.

As for Santana...everyone wants her to be a singer. A natural choice. But for her to be a dancer? I'm not complaining. I think it's interesting.

I always thought a neat storyline for Puck and Finn (when Puck was still a "screenwriter") would for them to team up all Matt Damon/Ben Affleck style and write the next "Good Will Hunting" together. Puck would write the script, Finn would star in it (back when he had his acting dreams) and Artie would direct it. It would become the sleeper hit of the season.Smile 
lol you're talking with someone who is kinda obsessive with fashion blogs, but isn't because I'm into trends, but is because I look for inspiration when it comes to personal style. I wont wear what everybody wear, but what is good for your body and personality.

But I totally agree that Kurt being a fashion designer is the obvious choice for him, and we know Chris is not someone who want Kurt to be the stereotypical gay. Though he said once he also thought Kurt was gonna be in the fashion industry. Anyway, cross our fingers, the band storylines work well and is not given to another character like Starchild for instance. I love Adam, but I don't want him to steal the spotlight. Still I strongly believe the series should be about the regular cast, not guest stars.

Santana, I was one of those people that the dancer storyline took them by surprise. Because I always saw Brittany as the "ballerina", while Quinn and Santana were more like backup dancers, but not because they really loved it, but only because it was the routine they had to do. So, lets see what happen.

Girl, you made me feel emotional with the idea you had for Puck and Finn plotline, because it would have been a good sleeper hit as you said, but sadly there's not even a possibility of "could be" now. Like at some point Finn would had become in a writer who is also a teacher.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next