Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread

+17
Delight
Ireth
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
Kurt Hummel
Lottie2303
sheny
Buenos
AnneNeville
arina
ColferInspired
Divalicious
brisallie
Jellyrolls
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
tanita_mors
21 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap0%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap11%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap37%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 37% 
[ 7 ]
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap32%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 32% 
[ 6 ]
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap5%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap0%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap15%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 15% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 19

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Glorfindel 10/4/2013, 5:37 pm

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mu4ssrj9i11qfphyto2_250  5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mu4ssrj9i11qfphyto1_250  5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mu4ssrj9i11qfphyto3_250
x

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mu4mx8LokA1rky01ho1_250  5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mu4mx8LokA1rky01ho2_r1_250
x

Last edited by Glorfindel on 10/4/2013, 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Glorfindel 10/4/2013, 5:47 pm

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mu4n03mziM1qaywkeo1_250  5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mu4n03mziM1qaywkeo2_250

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mu4n03mziM1qaywkeo3_250  5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mu4n03mziM1qaywkeo4_250

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mu4n03mziM1qaywkeo5_250  5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mu4n03mziM1qaywkeo6_250
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/4/2013, 6:25 pm

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mu4oymGceF1qaxxelo2_r1_250  5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mu4oymGceF1qaxxelo3_r1_250

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mu4oymGceF1qaxxelo1_250  5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mu4oymGceF1qaxxelo4_r1_250
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/4/2013, 9:45 pm

1.6 Demo for this shitty episode.

bounce 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/4/2013, 9:46 pm

1.6 Demo for this shitty episode.

bounce 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/4/2013, 9:48 pm

Ranwing wrote:Someone on tumblr did a picture of the Spotlight diner that is completely precious!

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mu46vmkCKi1r47fgho1_500

I love little cartoon Kurt!

I love it too.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/5/2013, 2:23 am

Glorfindel wrote:^Don't unleash the beast, lol.

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mu4kgjMxnl1qcpsrlo6_250 

x

They have the best chemistry. wub
I don't know if I'm reading too much fanfic, but in this particular gif it seems like they were "flirting". Oh Kurt if you weren't gay, Rachel won't need to look somewhere else for his new love.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 10/5/2013, 5:24 am

I rewatched the New York scenes and I have to say I think Dantana have a good chemistry and I like Demi's character so far... although I would prefer if theyy to made the relationship more gradualy than get them together in the first episode but Glee doesn't do gradual development... and shame that we know already the relationship won't last so I cannot even get too invested in them... but I really like them together in the last episode....

I am kinda jealous that Santana probably gets a chance for a new real relationship and with girl she has a good chemistry and Kurt is going to be with Blaine forever :( ... Before the engangement there was still at least a chance for something.... when I remember how happy I was last year when I heard spoilers about the break up and about casting his new LI and at the end Kurt got nothing from it.... I personally unfortunately was kinda disappointed by Adam's character, I guess just expected something very different and also didn't see any chemistry between them but even If If liked the relatioship the show treated them more like a joke and made their realationship very unimportant.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 10/5/2013, 6:16 am

sheny wrote:
valkeakuulas wrote:
ETA: Edited after second viewing. What was that two year pinky swear about? Is the the gun on the wall of the first act? One of them is now then at danger of moving back to Lima. It will not be the Snow Flake, so it leaves either Kurt or Santana. Shocked 
Leaving NYC after 2 years doesn't necessarily mean moving back to Lima. They can go to LA or another city in the US  to persue their dreams, maybe even another country.
England, with Adam! Personally I thought Kurt and Adam had good chemistry, and Adam fit in well with the NY gang, similar to Dani now.

Glorfindel wrote:
sheny wrote:This was probably the writers way of telling us that the show ends after season 6 and we have only 2 more years to enjoy Kurt, Rachel and Santana's adventures in NYC.
MTE.

The 2 year Pinky Swear could also be a prelude/hint to Glee doing a 2 year jump after this seemingly endless school year is finally over.
I really wish they do the two year jump.

One thing good about this episode is that we got so many good gifs out of it, Kurt is so hot.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 10/5/2013, 7:18 am

Kurt scenes in the episode (i.e. the only parts where I have a modicum of interest in):
- Kurt and Rachel's 'Get back' performance (I kept getting distracted by Kurt doing this leg-in-the-air move on the pianos tonguue )
- Kurt at the diner in his uniform, giving congratulatory hugs to Rachel
- Kurt opening a champagne bottle in the HummelPezBerry loft. (His solo line and the Kurtana harmony in 'Let it Be' didn't get cut. Yippee!)

However, I also can't help but note that all his scenes were about fulfilling his role as Rachel's cheerleader.

Okay, running commentary now, because I can't be bothered to write anything cohesive for Glee episodes nowadays...

Tina's opening number/solo got cut short. But I don't feel sorry for her.

Rachel claims that she was "auditioning for everyone at McKinley"? Who wrote these atrocious lines?

Ah, so Santana was wearing that weird dress because of a yeast infection ad. I have to say, the ad was so over-the-top that it's funny. Hm. I assume 'muffin' means... lady parts?

Kurt was referenced as Prom queen as 'the gay dude'. Huh, continuity. You don't see that on Glee often.

Bree's tirade against Kitty, with the non-stop volley of insults is just old and yawn-worthy. On the bright side, Kitty's reaction shots are well done. With only her watery eyes and a flicker of her eyelids, Becca was able to convey what Kitty was feeling. In that moment, Kitty felt more like a real human being than the caricature-like Bree who looks like Santana 2.0 and talks like coach Roz.

Here's a little game if anyone is interested-- Link the Sue insult to the character who was insulted:

-Butt-chin
-Imbecile homeless teen drifter
-Nipples the stripping clown
-BUmble McQuirky Poops

We still vaccinate people for polio in Australia. Don't they do that in the US? Just curious.

Incompetent nurse, you don't apply a tourniquet on someone when giving an intramuscular injection. But I suppose that's a deliberate choice to make her appear more incompetent...

There's too much screentime dedicated to the Sam/School nurse romance. You know, despite the heavy focus on the old Glee cast on the McKinley side, this episode still fails. Too many boring storylines. Or recycled ones, such as the re-enactment of Season2 prom with Tina in the place of Kurt.

Blaine can't win Prom King because the honour of getting brained by a falling metal bucket falls to Stoner Brett.

Naya plays a flustered Santana quite convincingly. Question- Why are people convinced that the Dantana relationship has a expiry date? Is it because of Demi's guest star status?

Former bitches on Glee who had reformed are definitely more bearable. Cases in point: KItty and Santana. Maybe Tina will follow suit. I wonder how long Bree will remain evil...

Re: Rachel getting the role of Fanny Brice. I suppose this is Rachel's big 'win' before her big loss next episode (i.e. Finn). I agree that it's completely unrealistic (as per usual for Glee) and that there's no drama to her ascension to stardom anymore.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 10/5/2013, 7:28 am

Yes, polio vaccination is mandatory in the US, it seems. So more Glee being Glee.

Yes, Demi was announced as being on for 6 eps.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/5/2013, 8:46 am

More and more reviewers are turning and writing the truth not writing what RIB and Fox want them to write. Smile 

“The young adults in New York are charging forward, taking risks and getting what they go after, while the kids stuck at McKinley are mostly repeating the same mistakes of the past, rehashing the same moments and not getting anywhere but the auditorium stage of the same cut-and-paste final performance moment. If there was ever an example of why “Glee” needs the full-time jump to a New York based storyline, it’s this episode.”
—  Billboard’s 5.02 ‘Glee’ Recap: Beatlemania and Demi Lovato Shine as Story Shifts to New York (via -turtleisland-)

I don’t understand Glee‘s writers. I really don’t. They’re like if really talented chefs prepared a four-course, five-star meal and right before they served it to you, literally every single time before they set the plate down on the table, they were like, “You know what’ll make this taste even better? If I spit in it.” And then you’re like, “Wow, gross. It looks good and smells good but all I can think about is how you fucking spit in it.” And they’re like, “God! We slave and slave and slave over these dinners and you’ll never be happy!” And you’re like, “I would be happy if you’d just stop spitting in the food!” And they’re like, “You hate all food!” And you’re like, “No, you asshole. I love food. I love your food. I just hate spit in my food.” And they’re like, “OK, here’s the same dish served a different way. And also here is my spit in it.” And you’re like, “Seriously? I can’t eat here anymore.” And they’re like, “Stupid angry lesbians.”

Just make the meal and stop spitting in, Glee! Jesus, how hard can that possibly be?!

[…]Let it be, let be. Let it be, let it be. Stop spitting in my pasta, frikkin’ Glee.

—  Heather Hogan, 05x02 review, The Backlot (via tworoadsinayellowwood)
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/5/2013, 12:07 pm

Delight wrote:...
Rachel claims that she was "auditioning for everyone at McKinley"? Who wrote these atrocious lines?

Ah, so Santana was wearing that weird dress because of a yeast infection ad. I have to say, the ad was so over-the-top that it's funny. Hm. I assume 'muffin' means... lady parts?

Bree's tirade against Kitty, with the non-stop volley of insults is just old and yawn-worthy. On the bright side, Kitty's reaction shots are well done. With only her watery eyes and a flicker of her eyelids, Becca was able to convey what Kitty was feeling. In that moment, Kitty felt more like a real human being than the caricature-like Bree who looks like Santana 2.0 and talks like coach Roz.

Blaine can't win Prom King because the honour of getting brained by a falling metal bucket falls to Stoner Brett.  

Naya plays a flustered Santana quite convincingly. Question- Why are people convinced that the Dantana relationship has a expiry date? Is it because of Demi's guest star status?

This

-Since when Rachel is so worried about Mckinley kids? Please, she's auditioning for herself.
-Yes, muffin means "lady parts". Seriously how did that commercial pass the FOX censors?
- There's any doubt that sometimes are actors who save the storyline on Glee. For instance, Becca Tobin is good at doing the right expressions, and I'm sure is because of her acting choices why I kinda like Kitty. As regards the new Bree, I insist she's a small version of Santana, and they're trying so hard to turn her into the new bitch/villain. How long it will lasted? Until the get a new character to fill that place.
-I was happy that Brett won, but when he was hit by that metal bucket, I understood why he was the winner instead of Blaine. Blaine can't get humilliated.
-Still I don't buy Dantana as a couple, but I confess I see chemistry between them. And I don't think so they have an expired date, Demi can be absent for several episodes, but they can say she's working somewhere else or she's busy with college.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/5/2013, 12:38 pm

Isn't Demi on tour next year? So yeah, they really have an expiration date. It is a shame and yet another reason why shows should stop stunt-casting. Also the part of Dani isn't that difficult. They could have easily found a cute but talented actress. Even though the casting for Glee sucks since quite a while. I really don't know how they decide on actors anymore with all that lack of acting and singing talent.

I also disliked the MK-audition line a lot. I really like Rachel's ambition, I just dislike her methods and how any why she gets her rewards. But it is perfectly fine to audition and wanting a role, because she is selfish. After all, what is she supposed to say? You are such a nice human being, I will give up this dream that will change my life??! Ple-ease! It was a very wasted attempt to show the audience how nice Rachel is Rolling Eyes 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/5/2013, 1:03 pm

I though that the MK audition line was pretty atrocious, but it fit with the self-centered view of the world that Rachel has always had. In her mind, ND was primarily about herself and this goes all the way back to the pilot. It was a place to give her both a venue to perform in, and an extension of herself. As its "star", ND's fact was all about her. We saw this back at the FG open call, when she used the memory of the original ND group as a supporting backdrop for herself to get her through that first critical audition. So it makes a lot of sense that she would expect that her getting the part would be of significant importance to ND and give them "inspiration" for generations to come.

\\
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/5/2013, 4:33 pm

brisallie wrote:-Since when Rachel is so worried about Mckinley kids? Please, she's auditioning for herself.
The "I'm doing it for McKinley too" (paraphrasing) was completely in character for Rachel, who always thought that the rest of ND were her backup singers, and who told Kurt how to sign autographs when they came back to Lima for 'Grease'. Rolling Eyes 

-I was happy that Brett won, but when he was hit by that metal bucket, I understood why he was the winner instead of Blaine. Blaine can't get humilliated.
^This.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/5/2013, 5:25 pm

[quote]
Glorfindel wrote:
brisallie wrote:-Since when Rachel is so worried about Mckinley kids? Please, she's auditioning for herself.
The "I'm doing it for McKinley too" (paraphrasing) was completely in character for Rachel, who always thought that the rest of ND were her backup singers, and who told Kurt how to sign autographs when they came back to Lima for 'Grease'. Rolling Eyes 
I'm sorry, but if she ever got some attention from other students at MK, was only when they won Nationals. And I'm not sure if she is still remember for that, and if she's, is more like "oh the jewish girl from that glee club" or as Bree said "the jewish girl who was prom queen". Ok being honest I like Rachel is so self-confident because is her engine to follow her dreams, but she has to stop believing that other people think she deserves some special treatment because well she's "special'.

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/6/2013, 7:43 am

“Speaking of the right guy for the job, looks like the show’s creators have finally remembered that Chris Colfer, the boy with the magic vocal chords, is part of their cast.”
—  SoundonSight’s Glee 5x02 Recap
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 10/6/2013, 8:02 am

ColferInspired wrote:“Speaking of the right guy for the job, looks like the show’s creators have finally remembered that Chris Colfer, the boy with the magic vocal chords, is part of their cast.”
It's nice to see such opinions in the media, hopefully TPTB will notice and do something?
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/6/2013, 8:32 am

ColferInspired wrote:“Speaking of the right guy for the job, looks like the show’s creators have finally remembered that Chris Colfer, the boy with the magic vocal chords, is part of their cast.”
Good. suspectt
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/6/2013, 6:45 pm

I love this because is the truth.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 10/6/2013, 7:12 pm

Even though i loved Santana's commercial, I couldn't help thinking about how Supernatural had done it already in "Changing Channels" with Sam advertising how to take care of genital herpes

Not that it was necessary better, but i had a "that's been done before" moment. I still enjoyed it anyway (and that's time that wasn't wasted on McKinley anyway Twisted Evil 
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/6/2013, 9:00 pm

coxfire wrote:Even though i loved Santana's commercial, I couldn't help thinking about how Supernatural had done it already in "Changing Channels" with Sam advertising how to take care of genital herpes

Razz I thought exactly the same! For me, both are equally funny but in different ways: Sam felt so uncomfortable doing that commercial, while Santana took it with humour.

P.S Do you watch SPN?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 10/6/2013, 9:21 pm

brisallie wrote:
coxfire wrote:Even though i loved Santana's commercial, I couldn't help thinking about how Supernatural had done it already in "Changing Channels" with Sam advertising how to take care of genital herpes

Razz I thought exactly the same! For me, both are equally funny but in different ways: Sam felt so uncomfortable doing that commercial, while Santana took it with humour.

P.S Do you watch SPN?
Not anymore, season 6 turned me down, actually
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/6/2013, 10:20 pm

coxfire wrote:
brisallie wrote:

P.S Do you watch SPN?
Not anymore, season 6 turned me down, actually
I see. That season turned down lots of people actually, I don't know how I keep watching SPN.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next