Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2x8 "Furt" Watch & Discussion Thread

Go down

2x8 "Furt" Watch & Discussion Thread Empty 2x8 "Furt" Watch & Discussion Thread

Post  Jellyrolls 1/13/2013, 9:10 pm

Episode description from the DVD:

Romance is in the air as Finn's mom and Kurt's dad finally get married. Sue announces her own engagement--to marry herself, leading to an unexpected appearance from her Nazi hunting mother. Meanwhile, Karofsky's bullying of Kurt takes a turn for the worse leading Kurt to a surprise decision. Carol Burnett guest stars.

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 2/9/2013, 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

2x8 "Furt" Watch & Discussion Thread Empty Re: 2x8 "Furt" Watch & Discussion Thread

Post  Jellyrolls 1/13/2013, 10:10 pm

Kurt walking down the hall with Burt and Carol are hysterical. With that silly hat on, and the expressions, and looking around. It's like he's thinking, "What are everyone thinking of this?" I love Kurt's enthusiasm about the ring and the wedding. I'd let early season 2 (before DC/BA) sing at my wedding, or house anyday Smile

The Sue marrying herself is one of the most cracktastic storylines glee has ever done, and one that only Jane Lynch could pull off. Her e-desperate profiles were funny, and I love that she sent an invitation to Obama (using Sue stamps). My sisters sent invitations to the president when they got married.

Sam, Quinn, and the promise ring thing was a little silly.

Do people really feed doves glitter so they poop glitter. I don't care if it's glitter, Kurt. It's still coming out of a dove butt.

Watching Kurt turn from stong Kurt saying, "I don't want you near me" to terrified Kurt in just a few seconds really shows how amazing Chris is. Not many actors can successfully change emotions on the fly like that. Watching him not even be able to say "no" when Mr. Schue asks him if he's OK is one of the most striking acting moments from Chris.

The scene in principal Sue's office is really frustrating. They should have been able to do something to punish Karofsky at that point. He had been pushing Kurt into lockers for months with lots of witnesses, including Mr. Schue seeing Kurt after a couple of times and talking to him about it. Granted Kurt internalized the worst of it (the kiss and the death threat), so they didn't really know how bad it was, and why Kurt was so affected by it. But they still should have been able to do something for Kurt at this point.

I like that Rachel was making an effort to speak up and try to do something to help Kurt. I agree with Quinn that fighting with violence isn't the way to go, but the boys telling Karofsky they weren't going to stand there and let him hurt Kurt anymore, and standing by Kurt would be a good thing.

I love Carol Burnett. She plays such a great Nazi hunter. haha. Seeing Sue's mother really explains a lot about why Sue the way she is. They are both cracktastic.

Once again, Finn is doing the exact opposite of what you'd expect someone who thinks of themselves as a leader would do. He really should have been the one to try to tell Karofsky off, but then again, now that I think of it, perhaps part of Finn's issue is that he has faced some crap from Karofsky and Azimio--maybe not bullying, but they did give him a hard time. And since Finn has a bit of homophobia at this point, and they have accused him of being Kurt's boyfriend in the past, I guess in some ways it makes sense that Finn didn't want to stand up to them for Kurt. I still don't like it, but I guess I just talked myself into understanding it.

Out of all the boys, it's surprising that Artie and Mike were the first ones to step in. At least Sam jumped in when things got physical. I almost felt bad for Finn in the classroom scene when everyone was shooting accusations with him. And of course, Kurt has to be the one to tell them to lay off him. That's typical Kurt, I guess. At least Finn look like he felt bad about not being involved.

I wish they would bring Carol Burnett back for another episode. She has such a sof pretty voice, and her and Jane are so good together. Their little talk off in the middle of the song is perfect. They both just have fantastic timing.

Kurt and Burt dancing is so adorable. I love the little head nod thing Chris did when he brought Finn over to dance. I love that Burt picked up on Karofsky right away, and wanted to protect Kurt. And I love even more that Burt knows his kid well enough to know that Kurt wasn't telling him the whole truth.

Mike was so good in the principal's office. He is so fierce and protective of his son. The relief on Kurt's face when Sue tells Karofsky he's expelled was perfect again.

Future lesbian Santana sure seems to want Finn, doesn't she. Can you tell that I hate that they turned Santana into a hard core lesbian because of the fans? I wish they introduced a new character if they really wanted a lesbian character. I just don't buy that the most promiscuous bitch in the school would turn into a lesbian.

Marry You was so much fun, although they should have given Kurt and Mercedes at least part of Quinn and Sam's part of the song. Mike's dancing down the aisle was awesome.

Burt's speech was so touching. Mike was so good in this scene. You can just see his love for Kurt and for Carol pouring out of him. I like the way they brought the boys into the ceremony and make it about joining the four of them into the family.

I wish Matt didn't move so much during Sway it's distracting. I love Kurt's encouragement for the dance. Mike has so much character in the scene, or the whole episode really. He manages to somehow make Burt the real fun guy that everyone loves without making him too cartoonish.

You're Amazing is a great song too. I love the way Finn starts singing it to his mom, and then rachel, and finally Kurt. I'm actually getting a bit teary-eyed as I watch Kurt and Finn dance. Furt came so far in 27 episodes. I wish they would do a Furt spinoff. I could watch Chris and Cory together all day. Kurt and Burt dancing together is adorable too.

Gosh, I laughed so hard when I saw Sue in the track suit wedding dress the first time. Only Jane could have pulled off a scene so crazy. You may kiss yourself. The wedding scene is just so crazy, but I love it.

I like that Sue wanted to stand up and try to do something for Kurt. It was a start.

Kurt telling the glee club he was leaving McKinley was just heartbreaking. At they tried to talk Kurt out of leaving, and expressed his value to them, and wanted to try to protect him. Well, of course, Rachel had to ruin it by bringing up competing against them.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down