Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4x22 "All Or Nothing" Watch & Discussion thread

+24
Kurt Hummel
glimmerle
MoviesAreLife
Buenos
Ireth
arina
azure
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
Lottie2303
ColferGirl
sheny
ladydianab
brisallie
TimF
ColdFlame96
M&M
fantastica
AnneNeville
Divalicious
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
28 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

4x22 "All Or Nothing" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap0%4x22 "All Or Nothing" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x22 "All Or Nothing" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap11%4x22 "All Or Nothing" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
4x22 "All Or Nothing" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap6%4x22 "All Or Nothing" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
4x22 "All Or Nothing" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap6%4x22 "All Or Nothing" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
4x22 "All Or Nothing" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap28%4x22 "All Or Nothing" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 28% 
[ 5 ]
4x22 "All Or Nothing" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap33%4x22 "All Or Nothing" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 6 ]
4x22 "All Or Nothing" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap16%4x22 "All Or Nothing" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 18

4x22 "All Or Nothing" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: 4x22 "All Or Nothing" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Lottie2303 5/11/2013, 7:01 pm

I cannot understand how anyone can perceive the scenes from last episode as positive, healthy and likable. I cannot understand how I am suppossed to root for Blaine and Klaine. I don't get it. How can RIB really believe the GA will root for them, when one person is silenced and the other one is delusional AND abusive. Glee supports and encourages serious and dangerous problems. They'd be ashamed!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

4x22 "All Or Nothing" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: 4x22 "All Or Nothing" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  brisallie 5/11/2013, 7:13 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
brisallie wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
brisallie wrote:
fantastica wrote:i didn't watch the episode just the kurt cuts, so what did tina say? did she want blaine's babies or something?

Pretty much she said she would like a big engagement ring in case she gets pregnant and her fingers get fat. Also she said how lucky is Kurt. Creepy.

blinkk Wait. Was she answering as if the ring were for HER?

Yes. Well that what the impression she gave to me blinkk like she would like to change places with Kurt.

Sigh. She has been made into a parody of a Klainer.

I'd say she's more like a Blainer. And though at first blainers/klainers feel identified with her, through the time, the more sane part of the fandom think she's just creepy.

@Lottie, I don't understand either why RIB is still rooting for Klaine. I've been reading comments from other forums today, and most of them are agreed Kurt and Blaine shouldn't be together and no one cares about Klaine. BUT Klainers.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/11/2013, 8:01 pm

remember there are all kinds of people w/ all kinds of tastes/preferences. we won't understand why someone likes A but not B because we don't feel that way, but it doesn't mean their preference is not valid. there's no right and wrong, just "yours" and "mine".

i don't care what other people think about a song, an art work, a dress, a person's look, a show, or any other thing that calls for personal judgment. if everybody likes the exact same thing the world will be a lot duller.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/11/2013, 8:36 pm

fantastica wrote:remember there are all kinds of people w/ all kinds of tastes/preferences. we won't understand why someone likes A but not B because we don't feel that way, but it doesn't mean their preference is not valid. there's no right and wrong, just "yours" and "mine".

i don't care what other people think about a song, an art work, a dress, a person's look, a show, or any other thing that calls for personal judgment. if everybody likes the exact same thing the world will be a lot duller.

That is certainly true!

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/11/2013, 10:24 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:The more of these little details from the episode flows in to us Kurt edit watchers, the crazier it becomes. So glad I haven't seen this stuff. I bet Tina would still date Blaine if he needed a beard dispite what she has agreed with him. Why are they doing this to Tina and Sam?

Because everyone has to be sacraficed on the Blaine altar.

Maybe the sick twisted minds of RIB and the writers think they are back writing the dark comedy of season one with this crap (like the whole Terry story, or even the Sandy stuff). Unfortunately, this kind of writing doesn't work when you have weak actors performing it. No matter how crazy the Terry story got, you could see the crazy dark comedy in it because a strong actress was performing it.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/11/2013, 10:34 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I cannot understand how anyone can perceive the scenes from last episode as positive, healthy and likable. I cannot understand how I am suppossed to root for Blaine and Klaine. I don't get it. How can RIB really believe the GA will root for them, when one person is silenced and the other one is delusional AND abusive. Glee supports and encourages serious and dangerous problems. They'd be ashamed!

The thing that is the worst about this is the character who is silenced is the one who was the one that was once the most compelling, interesting, and important character on the show, portrayed by the actor who is the most critically acclaimed and award nominatee/winner. I just don't understand the reasoning behind destroying the character that has brought the show the most notoriety.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 5/11/2013, 11:36 pm

I've finally turned on my computer. Have had a couple of days to get my mind past the incredible amount of suck the last episode contained. My vacation started on Thursday, so I made the incredible stupid decision to invite my brother over and watch the episode live. I may never recover from that much stupid in front of me, especially since my brother insisted on rewatching it right when it finished. So I got to see far too much Brittney and Blaine twice. Oh, my sweet head, I think it actually sucked brain cells out of my body.

The Good-nice and short. Kurt looked delightfully good, and in no way appeared to be enamored of Blaine. Santana actually wore something that I didn't have to fear would raise up 1 mm and show her underwear. She in no way resembles a teenager, and looks her age, but Glee has nothing to do with reality, so whatever. They finally got the Wemma marriage done, even if it was half-assed. It seemed to make some sense, because of Emma's OCD nature, to not be able to handle the stress. Of course, they could have had Kurt plan everything, it would have been perfect, but it is apparently the mission of writers is to have Kurt do nothing except be Blaine's object of affection, or someone for Rachel to talk to.

The Bad-huge amounts, and in direct proportion to the HUGE overabundance of exposure to Brittney. She is a one-note character, and even if she is leaving the show on a regular basis, she has had a lot to do this season, and didn't warrant having this much in the season finale. To spend so much time on the stupid Bram, and then wipe it all out, not that I care, but if that was the plan why subject us to so much Bram. On top of all the Blam? WHy!@!!

So, she was smart all along, we were just too stupid to see it. So her meanness wasn't because she was stupid, but because she is socially incompetent? How about just saying she doesn't give a crap about anyone else but herself and be done with it. My brother pissed me off so much because he worships all RIB do, and whenever I want to express my displeasure he absolutely refuses to see my POV. It wasn't worth spending time discussing, because he would just talk and talk until you just agree with him to shut him up. He asked me how else could they end Brittney's story? Umm, how about acknowledge that Brittney didn't want to be stupid, but she behaved meanly lots of times, and either she was stupid at these times, or she was just plain mean. No, they give her a sweet farewell, and diss Kurt to top it off.

Brittney can never come back, and I would find it too soon.

Season 3 was Kurt's season of failure and pain, Season 4 was Kurt's season of not showing the dream, especially the last half, where he got almost nothing to do.

Blaine's blissful obliviousness to all things about Kurt, but still the writers have to put in there how every one desires Blaine. From Tina's very creepy and obvious desire to still marry Blaine, to Sam acknowledging that Blaine wants to do him, but also seems to believe that Blaine still loves Kurt. Soooo, Kurt is so very unattractive that it is okay to love him, but desire sex with a different guy. AND this is while he is buying the ring for said love of his life, with the two people whom are his crushes/crushees. Okay, writers, thanks for the kick in the ass.

Oh, I will still watch Season 5, because I am a completionist, and because I have a fast-forward button, but I won't miss Glee at all during this summer. After two years of incredible disappointment, and pandering all things Blaine, this show has finally weaned me of expectations that they might want to actually produce something for everyone who watches the show. Funny, Kurt was so incredibly reviled after crushing on Finn, his character has been relegated to neutered but cute. Blaine, who has had two whole seasons of actual over exposure seems to be primed to continue this, while he also continues to regress in mental age. And Kurt is supposed to want this? They left that as a cliffhanger? Pathetic.

Rachel only getting one scene, even without her on-screen/off-screen love, they should have found something to give her. Even if it is the aftermath of the audition and she is obsessively cleaning the apartment to bide her time. Shopping. Eating uncooked cookie dough, something, especially since Kurt wasn't even in the first half practically, they could have had a scene with Santana and him before they both head to Lima.

Catfishing, wow, Unique, really, what a surprise. Not at all creepy. I am sure that Marley never once mentioned how upset Ryder was about this to her bestie. I am sure Unique just didn't notice that Ryder was upset all the times in the classroom while she continued to flirt on line with him. Kurt was reviled for no means no, even though Finn never said no, never told Kurt not to crush on him. He wanted to keep the friendship, but didn't want to deal with the emotions. I accepted this, because Finn is a teenager, he is allowed to take the easy way out. Ryder actually indicated no, he was upset. He gave up dating real cute girls for this fake on line flirtation, because he wanted to find this emotional connection. And Unique let him. But that is okay, because Ryder should be more evolved. I know they wanted to show that inside Unique is a girl, even if her body doesn't show that, and intellectually I understand that, but in Alex's hands I don't give a shit. Also because this went on far too long, we had too many scenes of this on-line flirtation. Kurt sang a song exposing his emotions, and twice touched Finn on the shoulder. He did manipulate their respective parents into meeting, but unless he had a love potion, them falling for each other was out of his hands.

I am just sick that Kurt always got to pay the price for all of his feelings, got to lose time and time again, and have crap be brought up time and again while others get to walk away fairly scotfree from their actions. Blaine, the greatest winner of the Glee game continued the entire season. Presidency, his own brand of sycophants in Sam and Tina, even a lesbian pair who support this child contemplating marriage, because they met at 18.

The songs were too short, actually, and ND should not have won. Nothing new in that, but I hate that they won without even using the talents they have. Like Kitty and Jacob perhaps dancing. If Heather weren't pregnant, you know Brittney would have been dancing up a storm. The favoritism continues to be rampant. But this same favoritism has harmed the show. Surely they've noticed after giving an entire season to the Lima side, and primarily Brittney and Blaine, that this crap isn't working? I don't even go for the NY only idea, Lima can continue to exist, I don't care about most, but I am not greedy. I just want Kurt to have a story about him, and only him. Not servicing Rachel, certainly not servicing Blaine, or giving someone for Santana to snark with, I want a boyfriend(s) so Kurt can have all that Blaine was handed, people to desire him, flirt with him. Give Kurt a quarter of the time that they allowed Blaine to have, and no one would give a crap about Lima, which is what I think they are afraid of.

This felt like a filler episode, and not even a good one. I can't believe this made it through as a season finale. What were they drinking/smoking to think that this episode was a good idea? It wasn't even snarky funny, it was blah. Fluff.

This is me after two days of cooling down. Kind of sad, but the venting is highly therapeutic.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/12/2013, 12:28 am

I am dreading the upfronts.

It will just be lies to try and bring back the fans. 4x22 "All Or Nothing" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 3181402168

Poor Chris, he was probably promised so much but has been given so little. 4x22 "All Or Nothing" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 1371890812

I hope Will goes with him. But Ashley is there and his publicise Alla (I think I got her name right).

He'll need something after knowing in his mind what he is saying to the media is really what will become lies and broken promises as soon as the season starts. I should say as soon as he gets a script. That is he even gets one for episode 1. 4x22 "All Or Nothing" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 3181402168

If he is so friggin valuable to the show, then start using him again.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/12/2013, 12:38 am

when is the upfront?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/12/2013, 12:44 pm

fantastica wrote:when is the upfront?

I'm not sure, but I think it is soon. I'll look on ontd_glee and see if I can find the article about who is attending.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/12/2013, 12:56 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
fantastica wrote:when is the upfront?

I'm not sure, but I think it is soon. I'll look on ontd_glee and see if I can find the article about who is attending.

It's Monday, May 13 in NYC, I gather. So -- tomorrow. And I guess Chris and Lea and Darren will be hopping on planes to the East Coast today?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/13/2013, 5:24 am

The full version of 'Rainbow Connection' (Waffletoots) is available on iTunes:

Now this is what I call singing and a real choir. wub
Notice how the lead singer also can switch real easily from low to high register, just like Chris. neutre

(The choir is Yale's Whiffenpoofs)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/13/2013, 6:11 am

banzai that is fantastic
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/13/2013, 10:26 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Notice how the lead singer also can switch real easily from low to high register, just like Chris. neutre

It must be harder and harder to assemble choirs to lose to New Directions!

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/13/2013, 11:35 am

Glorfindel wrote:The full version of 'Rainbow Connection' (Waffletoots) is available on iTunes:

These guys are good. I would have voted for them, but is Glee and real choirs don't fit in this show.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/15/2013, 8:54 am

AnneNeville wrote:
It must be harder and harder to assemble choirs to lose to New Directions!

It has come to a point where ND sings so badly, with such poor song choices, that all their wins seem contrived and unbelievable (this season, especially). Which is sad, because there was a time when ND was good, and we were all rooting for them to win, because they deserve to win. Now it's all, 'They deserve to lose, dammit! Are all the judges deaf or bribed or something?' There's no sense of feel-good triumph when they bring home the trophy anymore.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/15/2013, 10:26 am

There have been several times when I thought that ND did not deserve the wins they got (*cough*Nationals*cough*), but this time it was particularly egregious. The show always tries to hamstring any real competition, either making them so lackluster bad that they have no business being in a show choir competition at all, a gimmick team (like the old folk Hipsters, the school for the deaf and the Mennonites) that can't be taken seriously as competition or deliberately hamstringing any possible better competition. And when none of that works, they resort to their old fallback of either showing little of the rest of the competition (so that we have nothing to really judge ND against, as they did with season 3 Nationals) or just ignoring that the other teams performed better.

The way the competitions have been handled this season were beyond stupid. Even if ND wasn't disqualified at Sectionals (which the writers seemed to totally forget), the Warblers completely outperformed them. So of course they've got to find some way to erase that "loss" (which was actually a disqualification because they didn't finish their set). Then we get to Regionals when the Hoosier Daddies absolutely wiped the floor with them. ND's win here was completely undeserved.

It irks me because the original ND group was actually allowed to lose competitions. They lost season one Regionals. They lost season two Nationals. And none of their losses just got erased because they were inconvenient to the storyline. They had to actually work their way up the levels to get their final (still undeserved) win. Now we’ve got a team of noobs with only three members who were with the original team and them going to Nationals the first year for most of them and that really bothers me. The original group earned their way to Nationals over several years. This bunch is being gifted with a win over a clearly better and more cohesive team and their trip to Nationals feels completely unearned.

And that the season 4 school is being extended into season 5 bothers me tremendously because it was so completely unnecessary. It’s not as if the season was tightly paced with storylines that made sense and were told in a coherent manner and they just ran out of time to get everything done. And it’s not as if the NY storyline was taking enough focus away from McKinley to justify the extension. There was way too much padding and filler this season, even by Glee standards. Standalone eps like Shooting Star that ended up having nearly nothing to do with the overreaching storyline for the season and could have easily been cut. Too many storylines that was drawn out for too many episodes and still haven’t been resolved. The pacing this season has been appallingly bad and dragging this mess into season 5 isn’t going to improve things. I don’t care about the few seniors who are graduating. Season 3 had six graduating seniors to get storylines resolved and three of those six were primary leads. They got it all done in one season.

This season 5 extension of the season 4 storylines is about nothing more than RM’s ego and his refusal to accept that it’s time to put McKInley in the rear view mirror. That despite having so much of the screen time devoted to her, Marley is a very, very week substitute for Rachel and cannot carry a storyline the way Rachel can. The overload of Blaine and Blam had only further degraded two weak characters that cannot carry major storylines. Trying to force the audience to accept the noobs has been an abject failure.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/23/2013, 6:02 pm

I truly enjoyed "Hall of Fame". But everything else...yuck. "All or Nothing" was too cheesy and generic, and "I Love It" was garbage posing as music.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/23/2013, 7:47 pm

What is the pont of these "sophomores" making it all the way to Nationals on their first try? We are led to believe "Gagnam Style"(Sectionals) and than " I don't care" " Hall of Fame" and the execrable "All or nothin" ( for fuck sake give me nothing instead of that original song !) has them poised to win Nationals, riiiiiiight. Rolling Eyes

McKinley is crawling so so slowly to extinction I just wish the show would have done a mercy killing after season four.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/23/2013, 7:52 pm

I feel nothing for the new ND making to to Nationals on their first try, especially when the group I actually cared about struggled to get there and lost the trophy once before they won. I knew ND would win in All or Nothing, and I felt nothing other than "Well, I saw that coming."

I'm just saying I liked the "Hall of Fame" number. Smile The choreography was boring, but I liked the way it was sung.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/23/2013, 8:13 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:I feel nothing for the new ND making to to Nationals on their first try, especially when the group I actually cared about struggled to get there and lost the trophy once before they won. I knew ND would win in All or Nothing, and I felt nothing other than "Well, I saw that coming."

I'm just saying I liked the "Hall of Fame" number. Smile The choreography was boring, but I liked the way it was sung.

What I don't understand is why they didn't have any choreography. They went to all that effort in 4.21 to recognize Jacobs dancing skills, but didnt use them at all. Beccas also a good dancer, and all she did was prance around and flip her hair. dryy
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/23/2013, 8:27 pm

Oh, I know. The choreography was simple and tame compared to some of the things we've seen them do. Not impressive. Even if Heather couldn't dance in her condition, they still had two very talented dancers (Becca, Jacob) in this new cast...why didn't they use them as highlights?

And I hated, hated, HATED Ryder's "dancing" in this song. The only "dance move" I remember from this number was Sugar's "You can be the King Kong banging on your chest" line...and I think that was just Vanessa goofing off and having fun.

Oh, and about Ryder/Blake...I don't think he's actually leaving at all. They just had him throw a fit and whine about leaving to create cheap drama, like they've done over and over again in the past with various "departing" characters throughout the seasons (characters that we actually care about).

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 5/23/2013, 9:17 pm

Ryder isn't leaving. I am sure the series will return with the first couple of episodes trying to "lure" him back to Glee club so they can win Nationals. Yawn. I am more invested on my posts, or reading posts from the board members than I am in Glee anymore. The writers have obviously done their work well.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/23/2013, 9:29 pm

Divalicious wrote:Ryder isn't leaving. I am sure the series will return with the first couple of episodes trying to "lure" him back to Glee club so they can win Nationals. Yawn. I am more invested on my posts, or reading posts from the board members than I am in Glee anymore. The writers have obviously done their work well.

Yup. Pretty much. Why do I have a feeling we've seen this before? Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 8/6/2013, 4:11 pm

4x22 "All Or Nothing" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mr4i6jN7g81rpprwko2_1280

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7