Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5

+26
Buenos
coxfire
tanita_mors
Adamina
ramram73
Lottie2303
valkeakuulas
mae55
Ireth
Kurt Hummel
sahhar
ChrisColferFan1
Divalicious
Jellyrolls
glimmerle
ladydianab
MissSoniaPP
bayth
MoviesAreLife
fantastica
ColferInspired
arina
brisallie
sheny
Glorfindel
Delight
30 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5 - Page 28 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5

Post  glimmerle 4/29/2013, 3:11 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:You should watch The Miracle Worker. She was just 16 years old at the time (and looked about 12) and she played the deaf and blind Helen Keller. She was amazing.
I actually saw that movie some years ago! I wasn't aware Patty Duke was part of the cast, as I can't recall any of the actors' names, so thank you for bringing this up. She was awesome in it, I agree.
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5 - Page 28 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5

Post  Lottie2303 4/29/2013, 3:14 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:You should watch The Miracle Worker. She was just 16 years old at the time (and looked about 12) and she played the deaf and blind Helen Keller. She was amazing. Had I not known this was an actress, I would've thought she was mentally retarded...that's how brave and genuine her performance really was. Not that Helen Keller was mentally retarded (she was very intelligent), but her deafness combined with her blindness might have given her some of the same behaviors of a person with a mental defect...the lack of tonal and pitch control, the complete lack of filter over facial expressions. The movie is so inspiring in the fact that the real Helen Keller did learn how to speak and write eventually.

Patty Duke, at 16, won the Best Actress Oscar for the supporting role. At the time (in the early 60's) she was the first young person under 18 to win a legit, competitive Academy Award trophy (and not that insulting, "special", kid's sized award that the Academy loved to hand out to kids who gave great performances). Of course, her record was broken in the early 70's when 10 year old Tatum O'Neal won Best Supporting Actress for Paper Moon, but Patty's performance is still a force to be seen and admired.

I think Chris will get an Oscar someday, perhaps beating out 29 year old (at the time) Adrien Brody as the youngest ever Best Actor winner so far. The only Oscar Darren will ever get is "Best Derpy Faces".

ohmy ohmy ohmy ohmy ...and she should be thankful to work with Darren...???! ohmy ohmy ohmy unsure
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/29/2013, 3:20 pm

all that that kind of sentiment shows is the generational difference and the fact that a lot of his young fans (darren's) are out of touch with reality because they live in their darren bubble.

as for chris, should be honored to work with anyone on glee or probably ever and that has nothing to do with his talent, but the fact that he was virtually a nobody before this show. he may be famous now, but he knows what it's like to be plucked from obscurity. darren doesn't - no matter how small, he had some kind of fame and popularity due to his harry potter musicals. people knew his name and face enough for them to find various pics when we all found out he was going to be blaine.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/29/2013, 4:52 pm

I guess Patty should be grateful that Darren can teach her the puppy eyes? saispa

I agree about Chris. He went from a bullied kid, a "nobody" only wishing he could live a life like this...to actually living the life he'd always dreamed of and working with talented people and legends. He must think he must be dreaming sometimes, that's how much his life did a 180 right out of high school. Darren, on the other hand, was somewhat of an "internet celebrity" while in college due to the Starkids (but I personally have never heard of him before Glee). But yeah, Chris is the one who went from 0 to 100 so, so fast.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/29/2013, 4:58 pm

Even though I really start to dislike Darren, I think it isn't fair either to compare their stories. Chris has a really, really unique and extraordinary success story and I believe no one will ever come close copying his story. But Darren found success via Youtube and in today's SM society, I find that rather interesting too.

However I believe Chris would laugh his ass off of anyone would dare to suggest that he is lucky to work with such talented Oscar winners. He would most likely call it like it is: bullshit. Darren, I am surprised he didn't retweet it...
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/29/2013, 5:04 pm

True. Chris' story is the modern day Cinderella story. Darren's story is more of a sign of the times with him being an "internet hit" like Justin Beiber (however you spell that last name...I'm too lazy to look it up).

I'm sure Chris is in awe of working with talented Oscar winners. No clue how Darren feels about it, though...but his fans: yeesh! mince No respect at all.

A clip from 1962's "The Miracle Worker". Annie Sullivan teaches Helen Keller how to sit properly at a table and to eat from her spoon/fork. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHwoRFe70jk Someone left a comment that said "That's how we eat breakfast at my house!" LMFAO!

The sign that Helen uses from 1:46 to 1:53 is the sign for "Prostitute", yet she is looking for her mother in that scene (she does not like the fact that she has been left alone in the kitchen with the teacher). So, by modern standards, it looks like Helen is signing "Whore, whore, whore!" Laughing

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/29/2013, 9:28 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:You should watch The Miracle Worker. She was just 16 years old at the time (and looked about 12) and she played the deaf and blind Helen Keller. She was amazing. Had I not known this was an actress, I would've thought she was mentally retarded...that's how brave and genuine her performance really was. Not that Helen Keller was mentally retarded (she was very intelligent), but her deafness combined with her blindness might have given her some of the same behaviors of a person with a mental defect...the lack of tonal and pitch control, the complete lack of filter over facial expressions. The movie is so inspiring in the fact that the real Helen Keller did learn how to speak and write eventually.

Patty Duke, at 16, won the Best Actress Oscar for the supporting role. At the time (in the early 60's) she was the first young person under 18 to win a legit, competitive Academy Award trophy (and not that insulting, "special", kid's sized award that the Academy loved to hand out to kids who gave great performances). Of course, her record was broken in the early 70's when 10 year old Tatum O'Neal won Best Supporting Actress for Paper Moon, but Patty's performance is still a force to be seen and admired.

I think Chris will get an Oscar someday, perhaps beating out 29 year old (at the time) Adrien Brody as the youngest ever Best Actor winner so far. The only Oscar Darren will ever get is "Best Derpy Faces".

Great post. I remember watching reruns of The Patty Duke show on Nick at Nite in the late 1980's and early 1990's.I admit the theme song is one of my favorite theme songs of all time. I sometimes go to Youtube just to listen to the theme song.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/29/2013, 10:16 pm

Oops. I missed the whole Patty is lucky to work with Darren conversation here, and posted about it on snark and bark. hehe.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/29/2013, 11:09 pm

I saw the Miracle Worker a long time ago, and it is one of my favourite films. Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5 - Page 28 650269930

Patty Duke was amazing in that movie. And it is insulting for these stupid stans talking like Patty should be honored to work with Darren.

I know Chris would never want any of his fans to tweet something like that to Patty or any Oscar winner that he happened to work with.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/29/2013, 11:59 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:True. Chris' story is the modern day Cinderella story. Darren's story is more of a sign of the times with him being an "internet hit" like Justin Beiber (however you spell that last name...I'm too lazy to look it up).

As the text in bolded: Also I believe Darren was lucky to be known for playing a character such as famous as Harry Potter. Because is part of a saga that it has a huge fanbase. Actually that how I came across with Darren.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/30/2013, 11:40 am

Karen: I LOVED your post! We could sure use a post like that in this thread! Wink You were 100 percent correct in everything. I almost wanted to sarcastically post: "But Karen, Patty needs Darren to teach her the heart eyes! Her career is done for if she can't learn from the best!" Rolling Eyes

And Romina, you bring up a good point. It's always a ticket to easy fame if you can fall into a familiar, famous character rather than originate something yourself. So, Harry Potter (even if it was a parody) helped him out a great deal.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/30/2013, 10:14 pm

I can't believe noone has posted this yet:

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5 - Page 28 Tumblr_mm35wrzVwP1qe476yo1_500
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5 - Page 28 Tumblr_mm35wrzVwP1qe476yo2_500

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5 - Page 28 Tumblr_mm372tKVU41qe476yo1_500
“You’re instagramming this, aren’t you?”
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/30/2013, 11:28 pm

Beautiful!!!!!!!!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/30/2013, 11:49 pm

did we have a Brian Colfer Appreciation Thread? wub wub wub wub
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/30/2013, 11:51 pm

fantastica wrote:did we have a Brian Colfer Appreciation Thread? Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5 - Page 28 413578547 Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5 - Page 28 413578547 Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5 - Page 28 413578547 Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5 - Page 28 413578547

We have something like it I think.

Does it look like Brian has lost weight, or am I wrong?

To me he looks slimmer in the last pic for some reason.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/1/2013, 2:26 am

i think he has lost some weight. somebody has been torturing him. tonguue
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 5/1/2013, 2:41 am

Beautiful pictures. wub
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 5/1/2013, 4:48 am

fantastica wrote:i think he has lost some weight. somebody has been torturing him. tonguue
Haha. Or maybe he stuck to a good diet and exercise plan and it shows. It's adorable that Chris was doing a little photoshoot of Brian (who is supermodel material after all).
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/1/2013, 4:54 am

The fact that a cat can start such a riot ptdr . But yeah, Brian is most certainly a beautiful cat!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 5/1/2013, 5:24 am

Lottie2303 wrote:The fact that a cat can start such a riot ptdr . But yeah, Brian is most certainly a beautiful cat!

Brian is a wonderful cat, but I'm sure being Chris' pet definitely helps. Smile
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/1/2013, 5:49 am

Brian reminds me a bit of my dead cat. Together they'd achieve world domination Smile

(I miss my cat :( )
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/1/2013, 7:44 am

arina wrote:Beautiful pictures. wub
Yes, that first pic especially. His eyes!
*Waiting for who will snatch that first and use it as their avatar.*

ColferInspired wrote:
Does it look like Brian has lost weight, or am I wrong?

To me he looks slimmer in the last pic for some reason.
Yes, he does. Looking mighty fine there, mr. Brian Colfer. Smile
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 5/1/2013, 8:55 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Brian reminds me a bit of my dead cat. Together they'd achieve world domination Smile

(I miss my cat :( )

bisou I'm sorry about your cat.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/1/2013, 8:56 am

Ireth wrote: bisou I'm sorry about your cat.

No worries, she was 20 years old and had a very happy life. neutre
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/1/2013, 9:29 am

Lottie2303 wrote:
Ireth wrote: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5 - Page 28 3995355489 I'm sorry about your cat.

No worries, she was 20 years old and had a very happy life. Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5 - Page 28 4247136565

It's hard when you lose a pet. And is good to know he had a long life as 20 is quite long for a cat.

The fandom love Brian, that is why they get excited when a pic appears of him on tumblr and now instagram.

Will liked both pics. Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5 - Page 28 650269930

And there is talk that Will has been moving stuff into Chris's home. Someone on tumblr knows one of Will's friends apparently.

If this is the case, I hope Brian does not mind sharing. Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5 - Page 28 3429310274
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next