Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread

+27
BlueJazz
Divalicious
Delight
tanita_mors
Elements99
ColferGirl
Piciollina
MoviesAreLife
Ireth
glimmerle
ecka
CloveGlee
opals
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
coxfire
emilynna
arina
sheny
fantastica
sahhar
brisallie
ColferInspired
M&M
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
31 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode?

4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap5%4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap27%4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 6 ]
4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap14%4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap9%4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap9%4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap36%4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 36% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 22

4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread

Post  arina 2/15/2013, 3:13 am

You know I may be surprised by some things Kurt does on the show and find them out of character but it is nothing to what they are doing with Rachel. Rachel is one of my favorite characters and I really don'tlike her development at all.

I like that Kurt was strong and confident in the episode but because they always potray Kurt so overmoral I wouldn't expect him to sleep with another guy even if he is just "sort of"dating someone else... and I know that baby penquin days were long time ago and that Kurt has urgues and all that but based on the way how they are still potraying him i wouldn't just expect him to be so casual about the whole thing. I didn't mind it that much but it just my impression.

LOL at Chris's freestyle dance during JCGE! Razz

I must say even If I am not klainer by any means I don't understand why they couldn't have potrayed them in season 3 more like in this episode, they acted like rather like asexual little ponies (giving each other gifts like monogrammed towels blinkk ) through the whole 3, it was really hard to find the believable.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread

Post  emilynna 2/15/2013, 3:32 am

4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mi8tm9Gczj1qfoe0po1_500

4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mi8tm9Gczj1qfoe0po2_500

for me, the only good things that come from this episode uhuhu
wish they would have expose more skins
emilynna
emilynna
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 2/15/2013, 3:40 am

Well, I thought about it and finally don't find Kurt's attitude towards sex that OOC anymore. I think life in New York, Blaine's cheating, his success at Vogue and then at NYADA (with both the Midnight Madness and Adam) gave him a confidence he never had in Lima, which, despite him always staying true to who is was, was still unconsciously limitating him.
I know I changed A LOT after I graduated and left home: I used to be very shy and self-concious, and I discovered a funny side of myself and a confidence I never knew were there.
I agree with is that we didn't get enough of his transition on screen and we have to fanwank that between October and now he evolved, but in the end, I'm all for it. confident Kurt is so much better than Season 3 Kurt. And yes, I'll say it again, but I don't mind Kurt being not perfect and acting as a 19 year-old boy who puts himself and his desires upfront, as doubtfully moral as some can find it, instead of a doormat who lets everyone walk all over him and him taking the "high road".
And it doesn't hurt that Chris is an awesome actor who can show both the uptight and the casual sides of Kurt so seamlessly.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 2/15/2013, 3:49 am

I prefer confident Kurt to season 3 definitely too! And I don't want Kurt to be perfect, actually many of my favorite Kurt's scenes are in season 1 when he was far from perfect. It is just that Glee is really bad in showing any gradual transition in characters (and it would be so interesting to watch!), well glee suck in developing of everything, like the rushed Voque storyline etc. and they changes some people's personalities almost every week to fit into the storylines...
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 2/15/2013, 3:53 am

GOBr said there is another scene before the make out where Kurt and Blaine talk, but they probably cut it. They also said the episode starts in NY but it started with Finchel (hate those two together) in Lima Bean. This whole episode was so rushed I have to watch it again because I missed half of it.
Why was Sue in a wedding dress? And how many times Finn and Rachel have to repeat the same things?

4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mi8vz8eQ281rsagqio1_400

4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mi8xi6xJ9L1rujjf1o1_2504x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mi8xi6xJ9L1rujjf1o6_2504x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mi8xi6xJ9L1rujjf1o5_2504x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mi8xi6xJ9L1rujjf1o3_2504x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mi8yj4x7Rk1r1v397o2_2504x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mi8yj4x7Rk1r1v397o3_2504x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mi8yj4x7Rk1r1v397o1_2504x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mi8yj4x7Rk1r1v397o5_2504x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mi8yj4x7Rk1r1v397o6_250

4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mi8y8haniZ1r9yr10o2_r2_5004x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mi8y8haniZ1r9yr10o1_r1_500
4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mi8uihND051qd9d2yo1_500

Last edited by sheny on 2/15/2013, 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 2/15/2013, 6:54 am

That was one messy episode, I'm not sure what to say about it.

For some reason there is such a big disconnection between the "grown-up" kids and the McKinley side of things that it's not even funny anymore. I'm little bit embarrased to say but I liked everything that had to do with Kurt, Rachel and Santana, mainly because there was good acting involved and can I just say that Brody is turning out ot be really disgusting! vomit2 On the other hand this is also a storyline that could be dragged out indefinately, everyone incl. Kurt, Santana and Adam trying to point this thing out.

And way to go for Rachel to have had unprotected sex with Brody and end up pregnant...I'm assuming the timeline is somewhat correct and that pregnancy test is being taken right after she flew home and no way can Finn be a canditate. Though Finn ends up yet again being the fall guy for this...that may not happen but it looks like it.

I'm just generally creeped out that condoms have not been discussed or even shown and frankly said it's yucky at this point. Which brings me back to this: Kurt making out with Blaine, Rachel's "talk" with Brody and Finn and Quinn/Santana hooking up makes this show an adult orientated show, but then they have to drag this whole Marley/Ryder unrequited love thing along...I'm just not buying it. And Will and Emma, I've completely lost interest in that, couldn't care less why she dumped him at the altar.

About the Klaine makeouts: I don't know what I'm supposed to say about it. Kurt and Blaine were in different planets. I don't know what Darren's instructions from Brad as a director were but it felt somehow disjointed. I'm not saying it was bad acting but it wasn't like Blaine was just swaying between friends or lovers but it was all over the place. It was so muddled that I can't even discribe what I'm meaning here. Kurt was pretty much consistant with this whole process but I do miss something leading up to that car scene. Did Kurt just pop up there and decided to smooch Blaine or was it planned all along? Because that smirk Kurt gives at the end, with the almost kiss, I can see it could have been somewhat deliberate and the Kurtsie inside me screamed: "In your face Blaine Andresson!"

Kurt perhaps can be seen acting OOC but then again I'm the first person to yell that Kurt might have learned that sex can be used as a tool to whatever goal you have at the moment. He's certainly seen others do that along the way. And him constantly saying out loud the fact that they're just friends tell me that maybe he's just proving himself and telling Blaine that he wants to try something new, that casual sex he sees everyone (now even Rachel) doing.

On top of thatfor my interpretation Blaine is definately seeing sex as a seperate part of relationships. Hence his casual assumption that Kurt's possible new dating guy being nothing but non-commital caught my ears. He sees casual sex as the norm, which he has proven with his own hook-up. It's just that I'm seeing, and perhaps even hoping, that we will see this jealous Blaine in the future, but then again he can so fast be turned into controlling freak that I'm not sure if I'd want to see that kind of behaviour towards Kurt. saispa I don't know what I'm seeing and hoping for anymore when I watch this show.

I want just the NY side of the story and I want it shoot and delievered in the tone they gave us the Brochel scene at the end: gritty, adult and without the childish teenagers. I'm completely out of the map of what they are giving us aren't I?
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/15/2013, 7:38 am

What the hell did I just watch? I mean, Ian never makes much sense in his episodes, but I expected to at least recognize some of the characters and their ongoing storylines. I didn't like this episode at all: I even feel a bit offended by it, because Ian used the characters as dumb puppets and it ruined any left connection I had to some of them, including Kurt I'm afraid.

I get the concept of random hook-up and casual sex with your ex at a wedding, but still: there has to be some kind of build up to it? I guess in Glee standards Quinntana, Finchel and Artie/Betty got major development and set-up, but Klaine was once again so random, coming out of nowhere, and ending without any resolution, accomplishing not even…..anything?
Kurt acted as if he was replaced by a pod clone, when we know he has feelings like noone else on Glee. Blaine of course fell head over heels again and I’m sure we’ll get a dozen more solos from him in which he expresses his eternal love: yay, kill me now. And Tina’s crush, which besides the Vapo-rape (hehe) scene was quite an interesting story, gets dismissed with “You’re a super hag, be proud!”, and that’s it for Tina for the rest of the season.
But hey: Klaine had a hot make-out and did the deed: are you happy now, Klainers? Why would you want some development for them, some POV from especially Kurt, maybe a decent talk (it’s been almost 6 months!), when your fetish is catered to and you saw some Colfer skin? You’re welcome, sincerely, Ryan.
I don’t get it: they had the most problematic break-up of them all, Chris Colfer is capable of bringing all the emotions in his scenes, and they don’t even let them talk at all about something pretty important imo, but hop from random Klaine scene to random Klaine scene instead, not only in this episode, but ever since the break-up. It was hot, it was funny, and I guess if all you wanted from Klaine was kisses and gifs to prove it it was satisfying in a way, but to me it felt like they were just wasted and treated as a joke. Which would be fine, if we hadn’t had too many episodes already of Blaine sing-moping and Kurt hurting pretty (but no decent POV!), without any real development, and no doubt that will start all over again come next episode, whoopie.
It doesn’t work that way, writers: if you don’t invest in developing a (ex)couple’s story at all, why should your viewers? If you treat it as a joke and a mere afterthought after all the Finchel and Jarley drama, why should I take it seriously the moment you want them to sing another song to sell on iTunes eventually get back together again, and us actually caring for it? Please, move on from this mockery and give them both something else to do.

And what a way to treat the Wemma fans (come on, there must be some, and Emma is cute): give them their big wedding after many episodes of nothing, let Will come back to be left alone at the altar (gee, how ‘revolutionary’), and poof, they are gone for half of the episode again.
Emma killed that song, btw. Another prove that Glee is wasting its potential most of the time.

More Finchel blah blah. "She loves me, she loves me not. We're endgame." You can only stretch a rubber band that long before it either snaps or loses its elasticity, and I think this rubber band has been used too many times and lost its stretch. Loved Cory's acting in the flower scene though.
So Brody is a ho and Rachel is preggo: that rhyme would make for a nice rap song. Did I just watch a bad daytime soap?
And if you think I forgot to mention Jarley and Ryder: no, I didn't, they just bore me to tears.

This whole episode was one big waste. Well, except for the Artie cuteness and Quinntana: I never thought that the Quinntana part would make the most sense of all.

Bah, disgusted. Evil or Very Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  opals 2/15/2013, 8:31 am

About the Klaine makeouts: I don't know what I'm supposed to say about it. Kurt and Blaine were in different planets. I don't know what Darren's instructions from Brad as a director were but it felt somehow disjointed. I'm not saying it was bad acting but it wasn't like Blaine was just swaying between friends or lovers but it was all over the place. It was so muddled that I can't even discribe what I'm meaning here. Kurt was pretty much consistant with this whole process but I do miss something leading up to that car scene. Did Kurt just pop up there and decided to smooch Blaine or was it planned all along? Because that smirk Kurt gives at the end, with the almost kiss, I can see it could have been somewhat deliberate and the Kurtsie inside me screamed: "In your face Blaine Andresson!"

What was weird for me in the make out scene was that 100% of the heat seemed to be coming from Kurt and I was not expecting that. The little moans, the breathless but funny delivery of "If I had known I was going to get groped in a Prius..." line, it's all Kurt. Blaine was just kind of there. Darren was actually pretty dull in that scene.

As for the almost kiss, it reminded me a bit of that little tease during White Christmas where it looked like Blaine almost went for a kiss then ran away- only with the sexiness way cranked up. My personal head canon is that it was pure revenge, and that anything Blaine can do Kurt can do better. Twisted Evil

opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/15/2013, 10:16 am

I don't know, guys. I'm so pissed about this episode, and I'm even more pissed that I'm pissed about something as stupid as Glee. I don't want to care anymore, but here I go.

I'm offended by all the stupidity (like WTF: why was Sue even in a wedding gown?) and I'm particularly grossed out by the Klaine scenes, or better: the lack thereof. It's not so much that Kurt and Blaine made out and had sex, but that Finchel got 3+ scenes of dialogue (as clunky as it was), and Klaine got no real conversation again. Do they really want me to believe Kurt would just hump on Blaine without ever having a real talk since the break-up?
I'm fine with Kurt growing up sexually and having a booty-call with his ex, but it all doesn't make any sense anymore, and I hate how they (and yes, I mean both Kurt and Blaine) are treated as if their (ex)relationship and the way it ended means nothing. They don't get to talk properly, and especially Kurt's POV is never shown (besides what Chris is able to convey).

Add to that Kadam apparently being developed off screen, and I just want to scream because Kurt as a character is not taken seriously at all anymore. I know Glee is bad on its best days, but Chris is capable of so much more and he's stuck in this godawful show, while they treat his character like shit.
I almost wish we could go back to season 3 and all of Kurt's losses: at least he was doing something meaningful at the time, 'cause this is just utter garbage. Kurt either wins something without much buildup, or he's the best gay with the snarky one-liners (something Chris always hated), or he's some mindless, emotionless puppet in the teenage girl boy/boy epic romance of Klaine, with countless puppy eyed Blaine solos and a Kurt who's feelings don't matter at all as long as he keeps feeding the fetish.

Geez, I know some one-liners were funny this episode, and had this been season 1 cracktastic Glee I would even have laughed and said "What the hell", but now it has all gone too much into creepy, abusive and offensive territory for me. And it's all so ridiculous stupid!!! RIB+ think they can get away with this trash and dismiss their audience as morons: I hope Glee burns to the ground.
I think I'll stick to the Kurt edits from now on, but after this episode I'm not sure if I can even enjoy them anymore, not even for Chris.

Sorry, end rant.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/15/2013, 10:31 am

opals wrote:

What was weird for me in the make out scene was that 100% of the heat seemed to be coming from Kurt and I was not expecting that. The little moans, the breathless but funny delivery of "If I had known I was going to get groped in a Prius..." line, it's all Kurt. Blaine was just kind of there. Darren was actually pretty dull in that scene.

As for the almost kiss, it reminded me a bit of that little tease during White Christmas where it looked like Blaine almost went for a kiss then ran away- only with the sexiness way cranked up. My personal head canon is that it was pure revenge, and that anything Blaine can do Kurt can do better. Twisted Evil

It would have been nice if there was a scene with them leading up to the make out scene Obviously, Blaine knew about Adam, and he knew that they were in the early stage. My guess is that Blaine was supposed to be thinking, "Yes! We're getting back together!" the entire time, and he was just continuously downplaying Kurt's repeated "we're just friends" comments. Despite the little Sam crush, Blaine has pretty much been looking to get back together with Kurt. He hasn't been looking for other guys (in in some ways the Sam crush was a safe thing for him--he knew Sam was straight, and untouchable--putting his affection towards Sam for a few weeks was a way to put his feelings onto someone who he knew wouldn't really come between them).

I do think that Kurt was playing Blaine throughout their interactions. He made his intentions clear throughout, and he was always in control of the situation. The "I'll see you downstairs" line really sealed it for me. Kurt dismissing Blaine's comments, and just walking out of that room showed that there was no deep feelings involved. It didn't mean well. He may as well have left Blaine a few twenties on the nightstand for all it meant.

Clearly Blaine thought it meant more, first with the triumphant drop onto the bed afterwards, and also with his little smirk like he was dismissing Kurt's "we're just friends" comment to Tina. Kurt made his intentions clear--we're just friends, everybody hooks up at weddings, it was fun, but... Blaine is the one who once again is proving how oblivious he is. He's acting like everything is back where it was before he cheated on Kurt.

The car makeout scene wasn't as hot as the Klainers make it out to be And it was all Kurt. We saw their lips were locked for about a second in the little scene. A good portion of it was just random body parts.

What was with the huge bruise on Chris' back though? At first I thought it was a shadow, but it is definitely a baseball sized bruise. Do you think he had it before? Or got it while filming? Or did they put makeup on him to make it look like the makeout scene is rough?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/15/2013, 10:41 am

I understand if you feel pissed off Marie, because I'm agree that Klaine scenes were rushed and again they hadn't a proper conversation, like Finchel had. So, there wasn't an explanation why it happened everything, all of us we assumed it was the heat of the moment, but for instance the make out scene it was so sudden, and personally I'm wondering what it leads them to do that. Are they still having feelings between them or they just were horny?. I'd understand if Kurt is growing sexually, but the boy that I know is more romantic. By other side, also I have the theory that he had sex with Blaine as revenge, as a way to make him feel what is having sex meaningless. Though it sounds like a new Kurt, as someone mentioned before, as he has been learnt that sex can also be a tool.

But overall I enjoyed it the episode as a regular viewer. As a fan, I'm not so sure. Still I'm debating.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 2/15/2013, 10:58 am

I don't believe Kurt slept with Blaine just for a revenge. He is not that kind of person. Kurt is not someone who will just use a guy for fun. I think he still has feeling for Blaine, he smiled and looked at him when Tina said that they are soul mates. He keeps repeating that they are not dating but I think he is just trying to convince himself. He is hurt, he doesn't trust Blaine yet and this is his way to avoid another heartbreak.
Maybe he likes Adam and wants to give him a chance.

After this episode I remember why I hate Finchel. They had three long boring scenes and all they did was repeated the same stupid things they already said to each other 100 times before. Finn doesn't want to go to NY, but he doesn't want to give up on Rachel either. What the hell do you want Finn make up your mind already. I'm tired of their constant drama. They are wasting our time with these two instead of focusing on something important. Why couldn't they just cut one of those Finchel scenes or make them shorter and give us a scene that explains why Kurt does what he does, what he feels and what he thinks.

Rachel should just get rid of both Brody and Finn, and focus on her life and dreams. Can't this girl be single for a while.

Last edited by sheny on 2/15/2013, 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 2/15/2013, 10:59 am

I have to honestly admit I didn't know how to take Kurt's acting, for example the smirk after I'll see you downstairs"... I saw many different theories on Kurt's acting in this episode but I am personally not sure where the writers and Chris's acting were really heading. I am not Klainer but I know it is the damn endgame and because of it I somehow cannot believe the writers would go for Kurt playing Blaine and sleeping with Blaine withough feelings involved...
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/15/2013, 11:13 am

The smirk he did in "I'll see you downstairs" it was so confusing for me, actually it was since I heard the audio. But now that I saw his face, is making it worse. Because for me he's being insinuating with Blaine, but after that there's any scene to explain what's the real intention behind.

I find this gif from "(Not) getting married today". Love it. Well I love the performance :D

4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mi8ws9ZD1J1qa0b3lo2_250

Last edited by brisallie on 2/15/2013, 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 2/15/2013, 11:16 am

Maybe there were scenes that got cut or something.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 2/15/2013, 11:22 am

...And this is what happens when you base an episode entirely around making fringe nutheads in the fandom happy.

To his credit, Ian did a very nice job of using Tina to show us how crazy the nutheads appear to be.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ecka 2/15/2013, 11:31 am

sheny wrote:I don't believe Kurt slept with Blaine just for a revenge. He is not that kind of person. Kurt is not someone who will just use a guy for fun. I think he still has feeling for Blaine, he smiled and looked at him when Tina said that they are soul mates. He keeps repeating that they are not dating but I think he is just trying to convince himself. He is hurt, he doesn't trust Blaine yet and this is his way to avoid another heartbreak.
I don't believe Kurt slept with Blaine for revenge either. He's not that sort of petty person, & when he does things its because he wants to & he has the confidence in himself. He was clear that was casual, & fun & he enjoyed it, & we'll have to wait to see what the implications are in the future. I don't expect to be told every single thing going on in a character's head in one single episode, good story telling spins it out over time to keep the watcher engaged, with the tension of the unknown. And we do know that there are developments about Adam in the next episode, so its definitely coming.

Glorfindel wrote:It's not so much that Kurt and Blaine made out and had sex, but that Finchel got 3+ scenes of dialogue (as clunky as it was), and Klaine got no real conversation again. Do they really want me to believe Kurt would just hump on Blaine without ever having a real talk since the break-up?
I'm fine with Kurt growing up sexually and having a booty-call with his ex, but it all doesn't make any sense anymore, and I hate how they (and yes, I mean both Kurt and Blaine) are treated as if their (ex)relationship and the way it ended means nothing. They don't get to talk properly, and especially Kurt's POV is never shown (besides what Chris is able to convey).
Its a rule of good television that its better to show, not tell. Its just like the saying that a picture is worth a thousand words. Finchel tells us stuff because they have to - the dialog reads as clunky because it isn't believable or consistent with what is seen on the screen. And in contrast Chris is such a good actor, we can see it without him saying anything - Kurt's having a fun, casual time & then going back to NY with no strings attached.
ecka
ecka
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/15/2013, 11:42 am

One thing that I did very much appreciate... oh, who am I kidding? I was positively gleeful over was the complete shift in power dynamic between Kurt and Blaine during this episode. We've been complaining so long about Blaine being the alpha-gay in the relationship, and how Kurt was made to feel as if he should consider himself fortunate that Blaine deigned to be with him and that he was the less desirable part of Klaine. Blaine was the one who had set the tone, who dictated what they did and how they did it and Kurt usually just went along with things.

Now we have Kurt filled with newfound confidence (I'm chalking it up to getting into NYADA and winning his Midnight Madness contest) setting the tone. Like Marie, I wish that there had been some build up to explain why all of a sudden he and Blaine were hooking up, but Kurt was the one setting the terms and seemed completely at ease with what he was doing. He was making it so abundantly clear that this was not at all interested in renewing their relationship beyond friendship (and honestly, does Blaine have a right to expect anything more?), and that he wanted this encounter to be fun and no strong attached. I don't think that their positioning in the car for their make out session was accidental because Kurt was on top for a reason. He was the one in charge and in control. When they went up to the hotel room, it was Kurt again driving the action when he grabbed Blaine by his tie and pulled him into the room.

And none of Blaine’s insistence that their encounter was more than just two friends having a little fun was making any impression on Kurt. He wasn’t allowing himself to be swayed or persuaded or pressured. He got himself dressed, told Blaine that he’d met him back downstairs and walked out on him (leaving the poor delusional boy to think that he had a chance). And in the end, Kurt states again that they are just friends.

It looks to me like the writers are going to give some room for Kadam to get traction because they are leaving no clear indication that Klaine will resume any time soon. I think that they deliberately left the boys with a huge question mark over their heads about whether their relationship will ever be what it once was again, and at least I am now confident that if Kurt ever does take Blaine back, it will be on his terms.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 2/15/2013, 1:51 pm

Ratings are out:
Fox – Glee
9:00 p.m. Viewers: 5.65 million (#3), A18-49: 1.9/ 5 (#4)
9:30 p.m. Viewers: 4.68 million (#3), A18-49: 1.6/ 4 (#4)
uhuhu
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 2/15/2013, 2:02 pm

I agree with you Wendy, and that was what I liked in this episode. There was some other good stuff too, but there was a lot of badly thought out stuff, especially regarding characterization. I don't like Rachel much anymore, which I find sad because she used to be one of my favourites.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/15/2013, 2:04 pm

-Sue is such a bitch. She knew that Emma would freak out over something as stupid as a wedding dress. Poor Will.

-Betty is obnoxious and awful. I'm going to start calling her "Bitter Betty". Ali as herself is adorable and sugary sweet, but I remember the showrunners on TGP2 saying that they'd love to make her a bitch character (because they love their bitch characters). Rolling Eyes Poor Artie getting treated like shit....

-Quinntana was okay. Of course, Naya and Dianna are both STUNNING!!! I see this as the two of them having fun. Quinn is clearly not a lesbian, but she is experiementing, which is just fine. I think that this thing between them was just a rebound for both, nothing serious. I can't see them, with their love/hate relationship and Quinn's track record of being straight, as actual girlfriends....just two girls having fun.

-Finchel makes me want to puke. I hate Finchel even more than I hate Klaine sometimes. Finn needs to get over himself and to get over Rachel, and Rachel is not helping the situation by sleeping with him. She needs to never see him again or even be in the same state as him where he can get his stubby fingers on her. (Sorry, in both Klaine and Finchel, I see a toxic mess of a relationship in which one partner is determined to drag the other down...Finn the farmboy wants Rachel to be his pregnant and barefoot wifey and Blaine wants Kurt to go back to being his number one fanboy.) It is not romantic, it's creepy, stalkerish, toxic, obbsessive, and controlling. Finn needs to get a life and a goal that does not include wanting to stalk his ex girlfriend. He was cocky and annoying.

-Jarley is just really boring to me. I knew they would not do it.

- Brody is a male whore. Wow. I kind of figured. And I don't see anything wrong with them being in an open relationship (are Kadam in an open relationship too? Or are they just so new that they are not exclusive for now?). Personally, jealousy would be a problem for me, but hey, if some people can hack it, go for it. Although, ALWAYS use condoms AND the birth control pill when you are in such a loose relationship to avoid unwanted pregnancies and STD's. Rachel should have been more careful. I hope they don't repeat the pregnancy storyline with Rachel. I thought it was going to be an STD one. It could be an abortion storyline, I guess. My cousin had an abortion. As polarizing as that is, it is an early option to take...and it is something Glee hasn't tackled yet.

-I wish we had gotten to see more Kadam development onscreen. So, apparently they are "sort of" dating (I assume this means sex also?). This worries me (not the dating, the lack of onscreen development). At least Kurt is not a "cheater".

-Kurt was sexy as hell here. I don't understand why so many people in the Glee fandom are offended by Kurt and Rachel growing up....do they want them to grow up to be Emma Pilsbury types with how troubled she is? Yes, the repressed, shy, quiet types are cute and adorable because they are non threatening to everyone around them....but, speaking as a fellow doormat person who REALLY wants to break out of her shell, being so repressed is an emotional prison and a private hell. Kudos for both of them, the goody-goodies and prudes of the Glee club, for growing up and taking a stance in their own lives...to hell with what anyone else thinks. I hope they don't go overboard with this newer, tougher, more sexual Kurt and turn him into a different character altogether, but I find this new adult Kurt to be exciting! For once, I don't fear he won't be able to take care of himself in the harder, fast paced world of NYC without some shrewd person taking advantage of him. He is not a scared, little naive boy anymore! I am so proud....I feel like I've watched him grow up! I'm glad we get Kurt more confident now (due to NYADA, Adam, and Midnight Madness...and does he still have Vogue?) and winning for once and just...being casual. FINALLY!!! I love Kurt because he is so nice and kind, BUT I'm so glad to see him standing up for himself and taking charge of his sexuality and life. As long as they don't turn him into Sebastian and let him remain a good person at his core, I'll take this more happy Kurt over a constantly crying Kurt (like in season three) anyday. Chris sure can act sexy, huh?! And he does it all so naturally, and with just a few inches of skin...he doesn't need to strip and he doesn't overact it. Basically, he doesn't need to be oversexualized in order to come across as sexy...his sexiness is classy and reminds me of the way sexy was portrayed in post-code talkies.

Blaine and the Klainers are in denial. Kurt said it doesn't mean anything and that they are friends, and Blaine agreed with him...right up until after they had sex, and then Blaine tried to change his tune but Kurt wouldn't let that phase him. He stood his ground and repeated that they were just friends. How dare Blaine expect anything more? Good for Kurt. Part of me thinks this is his "revenge", and all of me thinks that he'll leave Blaine behind for good when he goes back to NYC and to Adam. Come What May is just a pathetic fantasy and a dream Blaine has in which he still has Kurt wrapped around his little finger, little does he know, is that KURT has HIM wrapped around his finger and played him like a fiddle. HA! GO KURT! I don't think this makes him a bad guy, just more of a grown up. The real world requires being shrewd sometimes...if you don't, the adult world will eat you alive.

I can see Kurt (and to a lesser extent, Rachel) going down the casual sex route since he gave his virginity and heart to Blaine, and was badly burned because of it. And yes, sex is a powerful tool that one can use to their advantage...or that one can just plain have fun with. Not everything has to be so serious. I think Kurt is less of a romantic now and more of a realist. He is a young adult in NYC now, not a little boy in Ohio.

-Kurt's dancing during the Klaine duet! LMAO!

-Kurt calling Tina out on his BS! YES! Finally! Kurt kicked such ass in this episode.

All in all, my jaw dropped. We have NEVER seen Kurt like this before, have we? So sexual and confident? So young adult-ish (in sexual terms)? I like it! No, I LOVE IT!

Last edited by MoviesAreLife on 2/15/2013, 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ecka 2/15/2013, 2:25 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:And way to go for Rachel to have had unprotected sex with Brody and end up pregnant...I'm assuming the timeline is somewhat correct and that pregnancy test is being taken right after she flew home and no way can Finn be a canditate. Though Finn ends up yet again being the fall guy for this...that may not happen but it looks like it.
At no point have they said that Rachel was having unprotected sex with anyone. All birth control has a risk of failure. Also there was a time leap to mid-March - Rachel's day book showed that it was nearly a month later when she took the test.
ecka
ecka
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/15/2013, 2:44 pm

The point for me is that we have no idea how Kurt got from A (getting terribly hurt by Blaine) to B (accepting a renewed friendship at Christmas) to X (having sex with ex again). Besides the confrontation at the Grease performance and the Thanksgiving phone-call we got absolutely nothing of Kurt's POV. We also didn't get any development when it comes to Adam.
I have no clue what goes on in Kurt's head anymore. The Kurt we used to know had feelings and characterisation. This Kurt had..... nothing: it was all empty and hollow in his mind and his heart. Even Chris could not let me know what Kurt was feeling, and seeing all the different reactions on the internet noone really seems to know.

I get that they don't want to tell everything to keep up some suspense, but I don't think that the Kurt who was raised by Burt would hump Blaine without ever talking about what happened between them the last few months, and at the same time hand-wave away the feelings he has for someone he is infatuated with in New York. And by what was said Kadam is more than simple coffee-dates by now, even when they are not eclusive.
Kurt can hold a grudge like an elephant, especially when his trust has been broken. He can also forgive, but so far we have not seen him forgive Blaine on screen, and even if he has forgiven Blaine he wouldn't forget, and I don't think Kurt would have sex with his cheating ex so casually, not even new New York Kurt. The least we needed was some temptation game or a little talk before the car scene, or a scene after the sex.

I liked that Kurt was in total control of the situation and definitely in charge, but I don't think he played Blaine only for payback. And the way Blaine was acting, especially in the Tina hall scene makes me suspect that we're supposed to think that Kurt is just putting up a facade: that his "just friends" means nothing. But I could not see any sign, not even in Chris' acting, that made me think that Kurt was feeling conflicted or trying to delude himself. It was all so flat and soulless, and I'm not used to that when it comes to Kurt. The writing and directing was so awful imo, that even Chris could not give me some hint as to what Kurt was supposed to think.
I don't like this Kurt, and again: not because of him having a booty-call with his ex, but because none of what happened made any sense to me. It has really upset me, and it may be the end of Glee for me.

This whole episode felt like a bad Sim game simulation: almost none of the characters made any sense, most of all not Kurt and Rachel, and the Brody escort thing is so, so stupid. Will and Emma were used as silly puppets who's wedding was not important at all and quite a travesty with the cliched runaway bride (and my heart bleeds for their fans), and I don't understand why one little kiss done by mistake would cause so much stress for Finn (and Emma). Don't even get me started on why Sue had to be in a wedding dress.
I feel like all that was left of Glee I could enjoy got broken in this 1 episode. All characters I cared about got destroyed and all serious and (for Glee standards) careful set-up multi episode arc storylines got wasted and squandered, all for an episode of stupid fun and sex. As a viewer I feel not being taken seriously at all, even laughed at and ridiculed by the writers. I know this is Glee, but this was so, so disrespectful, imo. Why would I care anymore for these characters, when the writers don't respect them?
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Piciollina 2/15/2013, 3:01 pm

sheny wrote:I don't believe Kurt slept with Blaine just for a revenge. He is not that kind of person. Kurt is not someone who will just use a guy for fun. I think he still has feeling for Blaine, he smiled and looked at him when Tina said that they are soul mates. He keeps repeating that they are not dating but I think he is just trying to convince himself. He is hurt, he doesn't trust Blaine yet and this is his way to avoid another heartbreak.
ldn't they just cut one of those Finchel scenes or make them shorter and give us a scene that explains why Kurt does what he does, what he feels and what he thinks.

Sheny you are in my mind, as always!
And I just wanted to say that Gleekoutumblr said they'd CUT the scene before the car scene, in which there were the talking that leaded to the making out.
I pretty much enjoyed sexy!bossy!bitchy Kurt, now he is self-confident, so much calm and mature (thanks Adam, Nyada, MMadness) even accepting his urges and hormones, he is the one in control, the one to choose the type of relationship with Blaine, at his own speed and time.
He has options now, and I very hope RIB'll let me enjoy some Kadam, finally

Last edited by Piciollina on 2/15/2013, 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piciollina
Piciollina
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 2/15/2013, 3:08 pm

I have not seen any of the episode yet,so I can't really judge it. I can say I no longer like Tina even a tiny bit,after she basically Blame Kurt for Blaine cheating on him.I used to like her ,but now I don't.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next