Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread

+27
BlueJazz
Divalicious
Delight
tanita_mors
Elements99
ColferGirl
Piciollina
MoviesAreLife
Ireth
glimmerle
ecka
CloveGlee
opals
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
coxfire
emilynna
arina
sheny
fantastica
sahhar
brisallie
ColferInspired
M&M
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
31 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode?

4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap5%4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap27%4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 6 ]
4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap14%4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap9%4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap9%4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap36%4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 36% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 22

4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread

Post  ColferInspired 2/16/2013, 12:33 am

Delight wrote:Just finished watching the episode. Here's my stream-of-consciousness thoughts about it:

The best meta line in the episode goes to Emma: "All you Glee kids had dated so incestually that I can't even remember who could tolerate who anymore."

Ryder's fake acting in the class scene is adorable. I was tempted to sleep through the Jarley duet.

(I'm pretty sure the Jake/Marley/Ryder love triangle was based on the plot of 'Win a date with Tad Hamilton'. Boy A helps Boy B to woo Girl C, while Boy A himself is in love with Girl C. Girl C realizes the love Boy A has for her and oooh, will they get together in the end?)

So, we get introduced to a bitchy blonde in a wheelchair. Man, I'm starting to see this pattern of RIB+ writing all their handicap-able characters as mean and rude. Maybe in their minds rudeness=strength of character. I know they don't want us to feel only sympathy/pity for these characters, but do they have to make them completely unsympathetic through sheer nastiness?

Well, that Klaine make-out scene came right out of left field. No lead up, no progression, no explanations, no conversation. Just-- we're groping each other in the back of the car now because we're 'bros helping bros".

It's been a while since we get to hear Matt Morrison sing. His Broadway background is nicely demonstrated here. And is Amber singing opera? That's not her usual singing voice.

Mike's cameo appearance lasts all of 5 seconds on the dance floor, because he's teaching Marley some dance moves. Why do they even bother bringing these characters back?

Tina to Kurt: "I don't like the way you treat Blaine" and "Blaine is here lonely, and yes, he cheated but we're all human, Kurt" Spoken like a true unhinged Blarrenstan. Jeez. Hmm... Those 'who are you, Kurt' accusations only make sense if you take into account the personality transplant they gave Kurt in this episode. Maybe that is the reason why Kurt is behaving in such an unexpected manner in this episode?

Kurt's look of outrage and his "Don't walk away from me, Tina Cohen-Chang!" is wonderfully delivered (I genuinely smiled at that scene). And yes, the vapo-rape line is amusing.

The Finchel drama is becoming creepy. I know there are people who think that Finn is being manly and seductive in the love-me-love-me-not Finchel conversation, but... Finn came across to me as a bit too controlling and obsessive. I guess I should be grateful that they don't use the 'endgame' speech for Klaine.

4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 5 Tumblr_mi8yj4x7Rk1r1v397o5_250

Kurt sounds really sexy in his 'I'll see you downstairs' line in the post-sex scene. I'll just put aside any misgivings about how Kurt is no longer the Kurt I knew in this episode and just enjoy the sexy.

Quinntana ends up being the most healthy and well-adjusted couple who had sex in the hotel. Who'd have thunk?

Oh, and Rachel may be having preggers (and possibly abortion) drama. Kurt, I am so glad you are biologically incapable of falling pregnant. I get the feeling that the writers would've foisted this deplorable storyline on you if they could.
No, he is just getting love triangle drama. 4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 5 357632081
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread

Post  Ranwing 2/16/2013, 12:33 am

Delight wrote:Oh, and Rachel may be having preggers (and possibly abortion) drama. Kurt, I am so glad you are biologically incapable of falling pregnant. I get the feeling that the writers would've foisted this deplorable storyline on you if they could.

As I said earlier, I'm sure that the Mpreg writers are already on the job!
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 2/16/2013, 12:40 am

Elements99 wrote:New here but I would like to give my two cents: I liked the episode because of the amount of control Kurt had over how far things did or didn't go. I can see all the ways sleeping with his ex could cause friction down the line but I prefer this take charge Kurt than Season 3 Kurt.

I think that Kurt has reached this point where the idea of love that is pure and true and heavily romanticized is over. I do think he was putting on a front that the sex didn't mean anything. I think he's trying to convince himself it didn't mean as much when he looked conflicted.

Welcome to the CCFF, Elements99! flower I'm glad you've decided to join us in our discussions.

I agree that there is appeal in seeing this more confident Kurt who controls how much he wishes to invest in his relationship with Blaine.

I'm just feeling a bit sad that Blaine's betrayal had destroyed the romantic ideals Kurt once had; to the extent that he could tell himself (or tries to tell himself) that seeking physical intimacy with an ex-boyfriend is a 'no big deal' kind of thing. Is this what maturity and being an adult entails?

I would love to see more of the transition of Kurt (on screen) into what we saw in this latest episode, but we're not getting it. Now we have to rely on a lot of head canon to explain away Kurt's behaviour.

Do you think that Chris had been told what would happen in the future episodes before he (and the director) decided to take Kurt in this direction? I could imagine what a nightmare it must have been for Chris to try and decide how to play Kurt the way he was written in this episode (It just doesn't tie in well with the preceding episodes/Klaine relationship status).
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/16/2013, 12:54 am

Well, he is more cynical now. It is sad, but it does happen. Adulthood does that to some people.

I think Chris might have been cheering. I remember him saying in a recent interveiw (I'll post it when I find it) that he wanted Kurt to be able to do something either A.) more sexual or B.) more aggressive in the future. And we got a more sexual side to his character. I think he's wanted Kurt to have more of an edge for a long time.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 2/16/2013, 1:14 am

I also remember Chris said he would want Kurt to be Samantha if he should choose a character from Sex in the city. Razz

arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/16/2013, 1:18 am

Kidzworld: What have the writers not let Kurt do in the series that you really wish they would? •Chris: Something funny and raunchy! He did a dance that was raunchy but not supposed to be. I’d like to see him be aggressive. I would like to see him get mad and angry. He always takes the high road or is always pleasant or sad. I tell them that, don’t worry.

And he has, for the past few years now, non jokingly said that he wants Kurt to perform the song S&M by Rhianna. And he comes across in an interveiw about "The Break-Up" as tired of Kurt being a "goody-goody" and "so forgiving" all the time. He mentioned that if someone had cheated on him in real life, he would not handle it as well as Kurt.

Now, I love Kurt because he is a sweetheart. But I can't deny that this more edgy, "badass" Kurt is really cool to see.

Last edited by MoviesAreLife on 2/16/2013, 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 2/16/2013, 1:24 am

Any idea what he meant by the dance that was raunchy but was not supposed to be?
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/16/2013, 1:27 am

I have no idea. Maybe "Not the Boy Next Door" back in season three? That was pretty sexy!

I just thought of something. What Chris wants, Chris gets. And sure, we have the typical, shy Kurt in "Sadie Hawkins" after being a doormat in his own storyline in the Christmas episode...but he's more aggressive in "Naked", even more aggressive in "Diva" (but patched things up quickly), and now he's the most sexual he's even been in "I Do" (WAY more than TFT). Smile I wonder what the next 8 episodes will hold?!

Last edited by MoviesAreLife on 2/16/2013, 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 2/16/2013, 1:43 am

I kinda don't like the using "What Chris wants Chris gets", I know you didn't mean it in a bad way, but many fans use is against hm and are blaming him for storylines he had nothing to do with it. I think Chris share his ideas with the writers and it's up to them if they use them or not. There are many things Kurt did Chris didn't like and he had to play it nonetheless because he is still just the actor who has very little control over his character and is payed for acting.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/16/2013, 1:48 am

Oh, I see! I'm sorry! I just meant that Ryan has been known to take suggestions from the actors (including Chris) onset and use them in the storylines. I do think that, whether or not Chris actually had an influence on Kurt in the past few episodes, that he is excited to take Kurt in a slightly different direction. But it's true that Kurt has been put through things/been made to do things that Chris very clearly does not agree with, so it could go either way.

I really do want more of an explaination as to why Kurt is acting this way on the show, though. I want this to be addressed. Is he going crazy Wink, is he just fed up, is he just trying to "play tough" in order to sheild his broken heart? What is it? The fanfictions are just amazing right now. Some of them portray Blaine as a helpless victim to mean old Kurt ( Rolling Eyes vomir ) whereas some of them actually dive into Kurt's psyche and explain why he is acting so OOC as a defense mechanism against Blaine's BS. I can't wait to write one of my own! Thanks Chris and RIB, for the creative inspiration! Wink

I am so glad that they've stopped de-sexualizing Kurt and Chris, though. I never thought I'd see the day! As adorable as characters like Giselle (Amy Adams from Enchanted) are, those characters would not survive real life as an adult. I find this a bit more realistic (but I still want reason as to why he's acting like this). I personally see it as Kurt refusing to be a victim to Blaine any longer. It's empowering. And no, Kurt haters who might be reading this, Kurt has been with two people (same as Rachel): this does not make either of them "sluts". Not even close.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/16/2013, 11:19 am

Once again, I think that the Klaine storyline has really fallen victim to the size the cast. The story was rushed because they had to tell the story of six couples in 42 minutes of screen time. We got a fair amount of Kurt/Klaine, but because the cast is so huge, there isn't enough time to tell everyone's story with complete detail so the audience is forced to fill in the blanks. So, of course, that leadst everyone having a different interpretation.

To me, what I can assume from the car scene is Kurt and Blaine had talked about Adam prior to making out in the car. We also know from multiple scenes that, despite the crush on Sam, Blaine still thinks of Kurt as the love of his life who he is supposed to be with. I think Kurt's "wait, what am I doing?" shows that he was caught off guard by the makeout session, which makes me think Blaine initiated the action.

Kurt obviously still cares about Blaine despite what what the cheating. Since the Thanksgiving episode, we know that Kurt and Blaine have interacted as friends, and consider each other his best friend. Kurt has mentioned phone calls with Blaine. Rachel said that Kurt and Blaine were OK in Sadie Hawkins. So there is definitely a comfort level as friends between them.

Blaine has been vocal about his feelings for Kurt since the break up, so I would think that he has repeatedly told Kurt that they were meant to be together. Kurt's repeated "We're just friend"comments to Blaine weren't so much that he was convincing himself, but making it clear to Blaine.

You know what I realized as I've thought about this is that we have seen Kurt change and grow this season, but for all of the screentime and friendships that Blaine has, he has had very little growth (if any). He's still whining about hair gel. He's still an attention whore who everyone has to love. Even his friendships with Sam and Tina hasn't given him any growth. The Sam friendship has really just been talking about Kurt and getting info about the Warblers. Tina was just a one sided crush with Blaine accepting all her compliments. His only growth has been turning into a cheater.

With Kurt, we saw him sad in hopeless in episode one, and then we saw him find a new path for himself at vogue.com while continuing to work towards his goal of NYADA. We saw him get the internship at vogue.com, where he quickly gained the respect of his boss who liked his ideas.

We knew his confidence as a performer was shot when he didn't get into NYADA, and it was further shot down in the scene in Carmen's office. When he was given the chance to perform at the winter showcase, you can see how surprised he was by the reaction he got--with the shifty wide eyes, it was like disbelief. And his confidence as a performer grew with Adam's support and midnight madness.

Of course, Kurt's confidence in his love life was shattered with Blaine's cheating. It leaves you wondering what is wrong with you and brings your insecuities to the forefront. You wonder why you aren't enough for your partner and what you could have done different. Kurt's confidence was definitely shot when he met Adam. You could see his surprise at Adam's compliment (like the way he kind of looked around when adam said he would make a fantastic Brick--almost like he was checking to see if someone else heard it to prove Adam really said it). And then with his "he doesn't know what he wants" comment after the Adam flashbacks when he was talking to Rachel. He still didn't feel like he was good enough for anyone.

But then he got the confidence to take control of the situation, and ask Adam out. When he's watching Adam enter his number, you can see his excitement, and then when Adam walks away, you can his joyful shock over what he did. He took control of the situation, and made his own destiny.

And that is what happened with Blane in I Do. Kurt was in control. Though I think that Blaine that Blaine probably initiated the makeout session, I think things were done on Kurt's terms, and that there was an emotional disconnect from Blaine.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/16/2013, 3:01 pm

I think the Klaine makeout happened on accident. Things that Kurt said such as "What am I doing?" and "Had I known..." made me think that this was the product of two sexually charged teen boys (ex lovers) who still have feelings for each other. And now, they are in the same room, in the overly romantic setting of a wedding....BAM! They come together like magnets. I don't think it was planned at all. And hell yes to Kurt being in control! (He was a total "top" in the episode...so unexpected! Wink ) I like the idea of things being done on Kurt's terms, not things being done to Kurt that he just has to accept. I am addicted to this stronger side of Kurt. Secretly, I always knew it was there...but to see it in action? WOW! It is sad that the "hopeless romantic, the touch of the fingertips is as sexy as it gets" side of him was destroyed...but it happens to all of us as we age. I like how he was the one to play it cool, and Blaine was the overly romantic idiot who tried to make it something that it wasn't. I understand why Kurt doesn't trust Blaine and probably never will again...but I hope Blaine hasn't ruined him for other, future relationships.

I suspect that Chris enjoys the acting challenge of portraying OOC moments for Kurt, and yet trying to find that grain of possibility...that grain of Kurt....that could explain why he is acting the way he is, without making it seem like he lost his mind or something. (I hope the writers don't go overboard and mess his character up though). But I just see this as another layer to Kurt, and even more character growth for him. He is an enigma, but in a good way. I find this to be so exciting, and I'm sure Chris finds acting something new and unexpected is exciting for him too. I still saw it was Kurt in the episode ("Oooo! Baby cupcakes!") but with a whole other side to his personality that he's never acted on...until now. This take charge Kurt is so much more satisfying than the constantly losing/crying Kurt in season three, or the scared, pissy little brat who said hurtful things to people in season one....he is mature! He is not hurting anyone (well, maybe Blaine...but he deserves it) with this casual sex behavior...he's just doing what he feels is right for him in the moment to avoid more heartache...to hell with what people think of him. I never thought that prudish little Kurt from season two and that de-sexualized Kurt from season three (despite TFT) would ever go down this route, but I can't say that I'm upset about it. I'm intrigued. I want more answers, but I am fascinated by this new backbone or defense mechanism...and I cannot wait to see how Chris will play it. He's sinking his teeth into it, I can tell! Wink I think the same principle applies to Klaine that applies to Kurt...Chris and Darren both wanted Klaine to be shaken up so that it would feel refreshing to the actors and audiences...well, Kurt himself has just been shaken up too. I just hope they don't go the Quinn route with him and still keep him Kurt.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Elements99 2/16/2013, 5:25 pm

Welcome to the CCFF, Elements99! flower I'm glad you've decided to join us in our discussions.

I agree that there is appeal in seeing this more confident Kurt who controls how much he wishes to invest in his relationship with Blaine.

I'm just feeling a bit sad that Blaine's betrayal had destroyed the romantic ideals Kurt once had; to the extent that he could tell himself (or tries to tell himself) that seeking physical intimacy with an ex-boyfriend is a 'no big deal' kind of thing. Is this what maturity and being an adult entails?

I would love to see more of the transition of Kurt (on screen) into what we saw in this latest episode, but we're not getting it. Now we have to rely on a lot of head canon to explain away Kurt's behavior.

Do you think that Chris had been told what would happen in the future episodes before he (and the director) decided to take Kurt in this direction? I could imagine what a nightmare it must have been for Chris to try and decide how to play Kurt the way he was written in this episode (It just doesn't tie in well with the preceding episodes/Klaine relationship status).

I understand the sadness but I think Kurt's always been a realist. He's used to disappointment and life slapping him in the face and I'm sure this bout of realism is a total mistake on the writer's part. What Kurt does is learn not to make the same mistake twice. That sort of hardening of the heart that every person goes though at least once. I do want a much more introspective look at Kurt and how he feels; it's something Kurt has been denied for a long time.

I guess I'm at the point where my head canon is going to make a lot more sense than actual canon. SO I haven't got a real problem with relying on is to fill in the gaps. It should be that way but we all know what show we're watching. I highly doubt Chris knows what going to happen in advance since these writers appear to play everything by ear. They seem to come up with scripts on the fly, so Chris has to try to navigate how to play a different "version" of Kurt every week. He does a damn fine job, even if what's written is crap. Thank god he's that great an actor.

The question Kurt has to ask himself now is what does he want. Blaine has made his intentions very, very clear. But Kurt has something he's never had before. A choice. Blaine is no longer the only game in town, and Kurt is no longer in the mindset that he should be lucky that someone like Blaine wants him. He's got Adam in New York. He doesn't have to settle for Blaine if that's not what he really wants. So for now, he's going to bide his time and see what comes of the next few months. With Blaine in Lima and the two of them seperated by distance, Kurt has a chance to see what develops between him and Adam. It might overtake what he feels for Blaine, or it might not. But when he's ready to decide, it will be because whatever choice he makes is right for him. Not because it's what Blaine wants or what Adam wants or what anyone else thinks is right for him.

I really do love the shift in dynamics here. Kurt never in the position where he's desired by more then one person, so it will be interesting to see where that goes. It's very "old life" vs "new life".
Elements99
Elements99
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 2/16/2013, 6:05 pm

Finally posting on this episode.

I don't think Kurt is playing Blaine, I think he has an honest attraction, and honest emotions that are colored with mistrust. He doesn't want to hurt again. While he knows Blaine loves him, and wants him back, I think he has to wonder if the same thing will happen again.

I really foresee him contemplating getting back with Blaine, and approaching this idea with Adam, trying to break things off, and finds out that Adam really wants to be with him. Making him reflect, old, comfortable love colored with mistrust, or new possible love, colored with uncertainty, especially with Adam being a senior.

I love that it sounds like he will actually get the opportunity to make a choice, and feel like he is the prize we've always felt he was. Kurt has an incredible amount to bring to a relationship. Not just exterior, because he is gorgeous, but he is generous, intelligent, talented... we could go on and on. Someone looking for a life partner would gravitate to someone like Kurt, and having him languish in the shadows has been a series long travesty, until now.

Loved all of the Kurt scenes, all the subtleties. Find it highly amusing the tweets about asking when Kurt got taller than Blaine. When I know in the mind of every Kurtsie we are going, "I am tired of them shooting Kurt slumped or camera angles to make Blaine seem his height, as if they were trying to make Kurt the "girl" by being shorter." Kurt is a stunning young man, and he is taller than Blaine, deal with it.

Felt Quinttana was fan pandering, but it also shows that people weren't really into Brittana, I think because of the inequities in their intelligence, and just want to see Santana get it on with a hot girl. Bodes well for Santana getting a on-going love interest in the future. Santana was really relaxed and happy, good for her.

Funny, I am okay with Rachel with Kurt, but it seems when she is romantically involved with someone they become less interesting, because it is usually all about her. When Brody isn't interacting directly with Rachel, like the Midnight Madness scene, and walking in the halls at that hotel, he seems like a reasonably attractive guy. I don't know if it is his acting, or whom he gets to act with that makes him seem so wooden. Finn finally came out of the shadows once not dating Rachel. I think this show just has a problem showing equality in an on-going relationship, and always puts one partner in the shadows. I liked the non-couples stories better. Kurt and Blaine had more fun performing as "friends" than they had in most of season 3. It helped that Kurt was dressed in a suit, looking gorgeous, and shown to be his actual height. Just felt more equal for whatever reason, like they stopped trying to diminish Kurt to make Blaine even more perfect.

Jayma did an excellent job, and I really enjoyed Sue for the first time in a long time. Her contrast of calmness to Emma's wigging out was great. Her walking down the aisle just shows how sure of herself Sue is. This was also the kind of dose of Brittney I want, taking pictures and later dancing. Too bad they couldn't remember what a great wedding planner Kurt is, but I think the whole story was to allow Emma to fall apart, and give Jayma some Emmy worthy material.

Finn was a good friend to Will at the end, calling him on his moping, and getting him up to find Emma. I think finding out about the kiss will be a small speed bump, resolved probably when they are fighting their common enemy, Sue.

Mercedes voice was amazing, not to diss on Rachel or Lea, but I do feel she was given the short end of the straw, because she is the best female singer (to me) on the show. Amber just doesn't have the acting chops to play lead, sadly. She is also destined to make sure Kurt doesn't get any action while she is around.

Mike was kind of unused, just dancing, but I think they want to show the Blaine setting Tina up, before getting her back with Mike by the end of the year. If they had interacted now her crush is done would have moved that story too fast.

Kurt does get some great lines, vaporape will enter the english lexicon in the future, I am sure.

That is all I can think of, other than Kurt looking at himself in the mirror was incredibly sexy. He really needs to be hired to play a baby-faced assassin in some big movie. I think not only could he carry it off, he would surprise people, because they just don't see this nice clean cut boy garrotting someone.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/16/2013, 6:09 pm

I have to admit that there were a lot of really great moments in this ep that just reminded me of what Glee can be when they let this show be the cracktastic fusion that it can be when they give their best performers really good material to work with.

First of all, I adored Sue here. First with all her reaction shots during "Getting Married", blithely watching Emma completely lose her mind. And her little walk down the aisle, showing off her gown and commenting about the Glee kids being there. She was absolutely perfect. And how sweet was it when that nice man asked her to dance at the reception.

While I would have liked to see Kurt making out with Adam in the back seat of the Prius (though there's no way in hell both of them would have fit in there), it was fun to see Kurt completely overcome by hormones (in other words, acting like a normal 19 year old guy - no more asexual baby penguin here!) and just wanting to rip the clothes off the one he was with without caring that they were in the middle of a crowded parking lot. And apparently not even allowing Tina's earlier interruption get in his way. And then when Mercedes finally pulls them out, both Kurt and Blaine making sure that their coats were covering their crotches! Yay for allowing gay boys to be normally horny! Yay for Kurt being horny!

Loved Santana and Quinn being snarky and bitchy at during the ceremony. Yes, the bitch goddesses were in rare form and I loved them pairing up both as friends, mutual support and then... some in between the sheets fun.

Becky as the flower girl pelting the guests with rose petals. And Kurt's expression when hit in the face.

So many great one-liners:

"Wheel away! Wheel... the hell... away!" - Emma's niece (who's name slips my mind)

"I have been chosen, probably because I am numb to other people's feelings," - Santana

"Oh... baby cupcakes!" - Kurt

"Did you vapo-rape my ex-boyfriend? Don't walk away from me Tina Cohen-Chang!" - Kurt

And Sue's entire speech during the bouquet toss - absolutely priceless!
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/16/2013, 8:35 pm

Divalicious wrote:..

Loved all of the Kurt scenes, all the subtleties. Find it highly amusing the tweets about asking when Kurt got taller than Blaine. When I know in the mind of every Kurtsie we are going, "I am tired of them shooting Kurt slumped or camera angles to make Blaine seem his height, as if they were trying to make Kurt the "girl" by being shorter." Kurt is a stunning young man, and he is taller than Blaine, deal with it.

Ausiello tweeted "When Kurt got taller?" and lots of people asked him where has he been all of this time lol. Because is well known since they met, that there's a height difference. But is finally show properly.

Felt Quinttana was fan pandering, but it also shows that people weren't really into Brittana, I think because of the inequities in their intelligence, and just want to see Santana get it on with a hot girl. Bodes well for Santana getting a on-going love interest in the future. Santana was really relaxed and happy, good for her.

Agree. Also I think it was fan panderig, but to my surprise they didn't look bad as a couple, actually I could see them more like a couple than Brittana. For me Brittana were two best friends who turned to be a couple because of a comment that Brittany did. Anyway, I don't want Quinn turned into lesbian all of sudden, her character already has a dilemma with her several personalities.

Kurt and Blaine had more fun performing as "friends" than they had in most of season 3. It helped that Kurt was dressed in a suit, looking gorgeous, and shown to be his actual height. Just felt more equal for whatever reason, like they stopped trying to diminish Kurt to make Blaine even more perfect.

Isn't funny that they have more "boyfriends" scenes as friends that they have when they were a couple? I'm wondering is because of Fox rules, actually I'm not sure how conservative they're, so is easier for them to show two hormonal teen gays once in awhile.

Mercedes voice was amazing, not to diss on Rachel or Lea, but I do feel she was given the short end of the straw, because she is the best female singer (to me) on the show. Amber just doesn't have the acting chops to play lead, sadly. She is also destined to make sure Kurt doesn't get any action while she is around.

Agree. And is a pity that Amber is not a better actress, because I really enjoy her singing.

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/17/2013, 12:15 am

I think when it does seem Chris sometimes gets what he wants because he is one of the most mature out of the cast and usually has the best ideas and understands his character.
I lot of idea's have been absolute winners. Given that why not listen to Chris's other idea's.
I think Chris must love playing this kind of Kurt. As much as I love watching it. I would love it if we did get raunchy Kurt.
I am thinking we might find out the reasons for Kurt's actions in the next episode.
I wish they didn't have a hiatus. Oliver sounded positive about this next episode.
I know Klainers will be raging if this is the episode that Kurt decides to give Adam a chance. But of course they will keep in the possibility that Klaine will get back together.
I absolutely love this new Kurt.
Now I wonder if he will take on Santana. If so I think she is going to be in for a shock, or maybe she will be impressed.
They already showed Kurt twice in the new promo. Which has been a rarity most of this season.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 2/17/2013, 12:27 am

Even though Santana is a lesbian, she knows beefcake when she sees it, and I think the moment she sees Adam without a shirt, and his English accent she will be congratulation Kurt for moving up from the shire to Rivendale. I think also, as she will be moving on herself, she will want to see if it can be successfully done. She might encourage Kurt and Rachel in their new relationships just to prove things to herself that she can let go and move on.

When it comes to the raunchy dancing, I am thinking it is either his gold Lame wonderpants TBND performance, or when they were on tour and he did Single Ladies, with his amazing hips.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 2/17/2013, 6:48 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:
I suspect that Chris enjoys the acting challenge of portraying OOC moments for Kurt, and yet trying to find that grain of possibility...that grain of Kurt....that could explain why he is acting the way he is, without making it seem like he lost his mind or something. (I hope the writers don't go overboard and mess his character up though).

The only reason why I could sort of enjoy the episode is that we got to see Chris portray a very different (sexy, confident, take-charge, coy, seductive) Kurt. However, I feel that the writers did go overboard and did mess up Kurt's character. There's no going back now. Canon Kurt is now a hormone-addled young man with sexual urges who wouldn't mind physical intimacy without the emotional intimacy. He can't stay a hopeless and naive romantic forever, but that had been one of Kurt's characteristics-- a characteristic that had been abruptly dashed in this episode without any clear transition. I would've expected Kurt to recoil from the idea of jumping into bed (and back of cars) with a cheating ex, and take into account how his actions may potentially affect the one he has with another guy he's interested in.

Of course, for Kurt to remain the 'old Kurt' (i.e. where casual sex is never his thing), we would need to have Kurt remain a pining and lovesick fool for Blaine who doesn't realize his self-worth and knows that he deserves better-- something which I don't wish to see either.

Elements99 wrote:
I highly doubt Chris knows what going to happen in advance since these writers appear to play everything by ear. They seem to come up with scripts on the fly, so Chris has to try to navigate how to play a different "version" of Kurt every week. He does a damn fine job, even if what's written is crap. Thank god he's that great an actor.

That's what I suspect too. I wonder if Glee is the only show that does this, making stuff up on the fly and jerking each character this way and that in order to serve whatever story they wish to tell. 'Don't text while driving'? Let's give Quinn MVA and temporary paraplegia. 'Domestic violence is a no-no?' Hey, let's make Cooter an abusive and violent spouse. 'The Klainer tweets demanding a reunion and more kissing and make out scenes are really getting on my nerves?' Let's have a random Klaine hook-up at the Wemma wedding.

Sigh.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 2/17/2013, 9:19 am

Delight wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
I suspect that Chris enjoys the acting challenge of portraying OOC moments for Kurt, and yet trying to find that grain of possibility...that grain of Kurt....that could explain why he is acting the way he is, without making it seem like he lost his mind or something. (I hope the writers don't go overboard and mess his character up though).
I think with Glee and writers sense for no continuity is very possible Kurt will act in the following episodes the same way like he did before episode 14 like nothing happened. Because they already did with Kurt what they did, I want explanation, his POV but I am not that sure we will get one.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 2/17/2013, 11:53 am

I have finally watched the ep. Tbh, I think it was a mess. I was quite confused after watching it since it was so rushed. Besides, I feel the ep is quite "hollow" (I'm not sure if this is the right word to describe it, please pardon my English ooppss ) since some of the couples' storylines were developed poorly (Klaine is on top of my list Rolling Eyes ) I think it'll be even more confusing for me if I didn't read the forum's comments beforehand. However, I do think there're a few good moments on the show that caught my attention.

Ranwing wrote:
First of all, I adored Sue here. First with all her reaction shots during "Getting Married", blithely watching Emma completely lose her mind. And her little walk down the aisle, showing off her gown and commenting about the Glee kids being there. She was absolutely perfect. And how sweet was it when that nice man asked her to dance at the reception.

Same here. I loved almost every Sue moments in this ep. Her lines with Emma before she sang NGMT are so hilarious that I LOL. Besides, can I just say that Jayma is awesome in NGMT? She killed it and the performance is definitely the hightlight of the ep for me wub I think Emma deserves more screen time on Glee.

Ranwing wrote:
Becky as the flower girl pelting the guests with rose petals. And Kurt's expression when hit in the face.

LOL. That's another funny moment in the ep. ptdr

Delight wrote:
The only reason why I could sort of enjoy the episode is that we got to see Chris portray a very different (sexy, confident, take-charge, coy, seductive) Kurt. However, I feel that the writers did go overboard and did mess up Kurt's character. There's no going back now. Canon Kurt is now a hormone-addled young man with sexual urges who wouldn't mind physical intimacy without the emotional intimacy. He can't stay a hopeless and naive romantic forever, but that had been one of Kurt's characteristics-- a characteristic that had been abruptly dashed in this episode without any clear transition. I would've expected Kurt to recoil from the idea of jumping into bed (and back of cars) with a cheating ex, and take into account how his actions may potentially affect the one he has with another guy he's interested in.

Ah, that was one of the best things from this ep for me, too uhuhu However, I completely agree with the rest of this post. I do think they've gone a bit overboard with Kurt's "character development" this time. Honestly, I have no idea what's going on in Kurt's head in the entirely ep (I think some of you have the same problem). My sister (She's not a fan, but she was forced to watch Glee with me sometimes tonguue ) thinks he was just toying with Blaine's feelings but I'm not convinced with her theory. There're 2 things I'm quite certain, though : 1) He's trying his best to have some fun on Valentine's day. 2) He's definitely not ready to take Blaine back yet.

Since the show is a mess, I think there's no need to overanalyze the ep. We can only pray and wait for a scene where Kurt talks about the hook-up in next ep. All in all, the shallow fangirl in me just wanna enjoy all the sexy!Kurt moments in this ep phr34r

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/17/2013, 12:22 pm

Just to address the question of Kurt's behavior being OOC during I Do, I'm not quite sure that it really was. His rendevous with Blaine certainly would have benefited greatly from a little bit of build up before we came to that shot of them (15 minutes into the episode tronco !) making out in the car. Who instigated it? What lead up to that. Kurt was physically on top and gave the impression of being the instigator until he started talking and then I got the impression that Blaine was the one who started things physically and Kurt went along with it until he started having a few second thoughts.

When it comes to Kurt apparently being so free sexually (which is a marked difference from the nearly asexual baby penguin that they show kept implying for so long), I keep in mind that Kurt has been in a sexual active relationship with Blaine for quite some time before their break up. I would expect Kurt to start becoming more body confident and comfortable with being sexual with someone else. And it wasn't as if Blaine was a facebook random. This was someone that Kurt already knew well both personally and physically, so while he's not going to be going out cruising for one night stands with strangers, it isn't so crazy for him to hook up with an ex. And Kurt has expressed before that he has had sexual thoughts and attractions to others (when he told Blaine in TBU that he'd had temptations but didn't act on them), so becoming a more normal sexually-active 19 year old is very fitting with his character's evolution.

Sleeping with Blaine came across to me as testing out where his feelings really were and how far their reconciliation has progressed. He's recovered enough trust to be Blaine's friend again, to be protective and caring about him (in how he handled Tina) and to be comfortable in Blaine's presence. What he's not ready yet to do is comit to a full relationship the way Blaine wants. To use football terms, Blaine is now on the 40 yard line and can conceivably get into touchdown range, but there are plenty of things than can derail that full reconciliation. Adam is still very much in the picture. They are still seperated by distance and experiences. It can go either way and I think that the writers were very much leaving themselves free to go in whichever direction they want with Klaine.

Kurt's confidence, while new, certainly isn't coming out of left field. He's had some major wins in the past few months that have gone a long way to building up his confidence. Getting his job at Vogue and recognition for his talents there. Winning his improbable NYADA audition under the most difficult of circumstances (and being labeled by Rachel's former admireres as being Ms. Tibideaux's new favorite). Being courted by Adam for his choir group as the valuable asset. And most recently, beating Rachel at Midnight Madness and being elevated to the highest tier in the NYADA heirarchy (and then showing how little that elevation really means to him). Whereas Rachel's confidence was founded on the illusion of her being an unbeatable performer (and completely collasped when she was beaten), Kurt's is founded on real, solid accomplishments. So we're seeing the end result of all that growth.

Now I don't believe that he is "toying" with Blaine's feelings (as has been accused). Not with how up front and totally honest about what he's expecting out of this. How can it be argued that he's manipulating Blaine with repeated insistance that they are not back together and just friends hooking up, and conducted himself in that manner. He didn't call Blaine his boyfriend during his confrontation with Tina. He clearly called Blaine his ex. If there was any one trying to be manipulative here, it was Blaine. Blaine was the one who seemed perfectly okay with "bros helping bros" and then at the end insisted that their sleeping together meant that they should be back together.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/17/2013, 1:43 pm

Delight wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:

Of course, for Kurt to remain the 'old Kurt' (i.e. where casual sex is never his thing), we would need to have Kurt remain a pining and lovesick fool for Blaine who doesn't realize his self-worth and knows that he deserves better-- something which I don't wish to see either.

Elements99 wrote:
I highly doubt Chris knows what going to happen in advance since these writers appear to play everything by ear. They seem to come up with scripts on the fly, so Chris has to try to navigate how to play a different "version" of Kurt every week. He does a damn fine job, even if what's written is crap. Thank god he's that great an actor.

That's what I suspect too. I wonder if Glee is the only show that does this, making stuff up on the fly and jerking each character this way and that in order to serve whatever story they wish to tell. 'Don't text while driving'? Let's give Quinn MVA and temporary paraplegia. 'Domestic violence is a no-no?' Hey, let's make Cooter an abusive and violent spouse. 'The Klainer tweets demanding a reunion and more kissing and make out scenes are really getting on my nerves?' Let's have a random Klaine hook-up at the Wemma wedding.

Sigh.
Yeah, basically this. dryy

Besides there being hardly any build up from the 'Break-Up', 'Glease' and 'Glee Actuall'y towards Kurt now in 'I Do' being comfortable enough to casually hook up with his cheating ex while he "sort of" is dating someone else (BTW: what happened to the Kurt who didn't like PDA, now that he's making out in a church parking lot?), there is also this doubt, or "knowledge" might be a better word, that we probably won't see this sexy confident Kurt in future episodes anymore.
It's either back to the 'old' romantic and intimacy shy Kurt (since these writers never seem to watch the episodes the other writers pull out of their butts), or they just leap-frog Kurt's characterisation into some 'new' bold modern New York Kurt, just like they did with Rachel.

Whatever they chose, I just hope one thing: that we'll never get back to the Kurt in the season 3 Klaine relationship, even if he and Blaine get back together again: the inferior, stool sitting Kurt, who was not allowed to snark or criticize his boyfriend. Evil or Very Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/17/2013, 1:46 pm

...When it comes to Kurt apparently being so free sexually (which is a marked difference from the nearly asexual baby penguin that they show kept implying for so long), I keep in mind that Kurt has been in a sexual active relationship with Blaine for quite some time before their break up. I would expect Kurt to start becoming more body confident and comfortable with being sexual with someone else. And it wasn't as if Blaine was a facebook random. This was someone that Kurt already knew well both personally and physically, so while he's not going to be going out cruising for one night stands with strangers, it isn't so crazy for him to hook up with an ex. And Kurt has expressed before that he has had sexual thoughts and attractions to others (when he told Blaine in TBU that he'd had temptations but didn't act on them), so becoming a more normal sexually-active 19 year old is very fitting with his character's evolution

I'm agree with this paragraph. Because as you said he's a 19 years old boy who has sexual desire, and though is been hard to understand why he hooked up with Blaine, after all what happened and all what he did. By other side, is reasonable that sometimes there're this relapses with ex- boyfriends/girlfriends, because they're still feelings involved, and personally I prefer that instead of seeing Kurt having sex with strangers. And in the near future, if he's having sexual encounters again, I guess is going to be with Adam, because they already have something, though is not exclusive yet, but they're aimed. IMO

And I'm agree with you that he's not toying with Blaine feelings, though I've read theories that he's testing Blaine to see if he deserves to be his bf again. Like things are not gonna be easy this time. Kurt can be that manipulative?

That was funny! Probably Kurt was judging the wedding planner. Why Emma didn't call him to plan everything?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  opals 2/17/2013, 3:37 pm

So I've been reading lots of people's reactions to the episode in various places and I'm seeing a whole lot of "Kurt's in denial and totally still in love with Blaine", which I can buy into. I think Kurt is in a certain amount of denial about their hook up and obviously he still has some conflicted feelings towards Blaine.

But am I the only one who thinks Blaine is in some serious denial, too? Kurt's "We're not dating!" on repeat sounds an awful lot like "I still don't trust you" to me, and Blaine's just brushing it off like Oh, How cute of you to think we're not together. Now excuse me while I continue planning our wedding and start feeding some doves glitter.

It's a little creepy and disturbing on Blaine's part, the more I think about it, though I'm sure the writers want me to think it's romantic. I confess I want to see it blow up in Blaine's face, just so that he has to deal with the fact that he caused some honest to God hurt with his cheating.
opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next