Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread

+27
BlueJazz
Divalicious
Delight
tanita_mors
Elements99
ColferGirl
Piciollina
MoviesAreLife
Ireth
glimmerle
ecka
CloveGlee
opals
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
coxfire
emilynna
arina
sheny
fantastica
sahhar
brisallie
ColferInspired
M&M
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
31 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode?

4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap5%4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap27%4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 6 ]
4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap14%4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap0%4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap9%4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap9%4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap36%4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 36% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 22

4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread

Post  Glorfindel 2/17/2013, 5:17 pm

^You're not the only one.
Blaine is so confident of himself (thinking that they will get back together), and even a bit condescending in that hall scene: I would really like him to fall back to earth with a big thud, and get smacked on the head for being so smug, preferably by Kurt turning his back on him and starting to date Adam. vexe

Although I don't think that Kurt played Blaine, I also don't think that he is still that much in love with Blaine that he's in serious denial, but who knows? The writers do what they want anyway. saispa
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread

Post  Divalicious 2/17/2013, 5:40 pm

Still don't think Kurt was playing Blaine. Blaine is over confident that he thinks one day in bed with him that Kurt is back in the same lane as he is. I think he will be very surprised when he finds out Kurt is still dating Adam. Like he calls to talk, and Rachel or Santana say he is out on a date. Then the jealousy that he was not experiencing finding out that Kurt was "sort of " dating someone else will flare, and justifiably so. Now his love is in a city with another guy who is interested in him, and he is going to have the "home field" advantage. I want to see Blaine sweat about losing Kurt to someone else. Kurt is in denial about his feelings though, he isn't one for shallow emotions. When he loves, that is that, but it is him realizing his question is can he have a relationship with someone he doesn't quite trust anymore that is his real conflict.

But as said above, as long as Kurt doesn't return to the sitting on a stool in admiration, while putting his own magnificent light under a bushel, I can deal with whatever they end up doing.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ariel189 2/17/2013, 6:08 pm

Hey, I'm new although I have been lurking for while (and also sometimes post in the KHAT on Gleeforum) neutre

Glorfindel wrote:What the hell did I just watch? I mean, Ian never makes much sense in his episodes, but I expected to at least recognize some of the characters and their ongoing storylines. I didn't like this episode at all: I even feel a bit offended by it, because Ian used the characters as dumb puppets and it ruined any left connection I had to some of them, including Kurt I'm afraid.

I get the concept of random hook-up and casual sex with your ex at a wedding, but still: there has to be some kind of build up to it? I guess in Glee standards Quinntana, Finchel and Artie/Betty got major development and set-up, but Klaine was once again so random, coming out of nowhere, and ending without any resolution, accomplishing not even…..anything?
Kurt acted as if he was replaced by a pod clone, when we know he has feelings like noone else on Glee.

Glorfindel wrote:I don't know, guys. I'm so pissed about this episode, and I'm even more pissed that I'm pissed about something as stupid as Glee. I don't want to care anymore, but here I go.

I'm offended by all the stupidity (like WTF: why was Sue even in a wedding gown?) and I'm particularly grossed out by the Klaine scenes, or better: the lack thereof. It's not so much that Kurt and Blaine made out and had sex, but that Finchel got 3+ scenes of dialogue (as clunky as it was), and Klaine got no real conversation again. Do they really want me to believe Kurt would just hump on Blaine without ever having a real talk since the break-up?
I'm fine with Kurt growing up sexually and having a booty-call with his ex, but it all doesn't make any sense anymore, and I hate how they (and yes, I mean both Kurt and Blaine) are treated as if their (ex)relationship and the way it ended means nothing. They don't get to talk properly, and especially Kurt's POV is never shown (besides what Chris is able to convey).

I think I'll stick to the Kurt edits from now on, but after this episode I'm not sure if I can even enjoy them anymore, not even for Chris.

Glorfindel wrote:The point for me is that we have no idea how Kurt got from A (getting terribly hurt by Blaine) to B (accepting a renewed friendship at Christmas) to X (having sex with ex again). Besides the confrontation at the Grease performance and the Thanksgiving phone-call we got absolutely nothing of Kurt's POV. We also didn't get any development when it comes to Adam.
I have no clue what goes on in Kurt's head anymore. The Kurt we used to know had feelings and characterisation. This Kurt had..... nothing: it was all empty and hollow in his mind and his heart. Even Chris could not let me know what Kurt was feeling, and seeing all the different reactions on the internet noone really seems to know.

I get that they don't want to tell everything to keep up some suspense, but I don't think that the Kurt who was raised by Burt would hump Blaine without ever talking about what happened between them the last few months, and at the same time hand-wave away the feelings he has for someone he is infatuated with in New York. And by what was said Kadam is more than simple coffee-dates by now, even when they are not eclusive.
Kurt can hold a grudge like an elephant, especially when his trust has been broken. He can also forgive, but so far we have not seen him forgive Blaine on screen, and even if he has forgiven Blaine he wouldn't forget, and I don't think Kurt would have sex with his cheating ex so casually, not even new New York Kurt. The least we needed was some temptation game or a little talk before the car scene, or a scene after the sex.

I liked that Kurt was in total control of the situation and definitely in charge, but I don't think he played Blaine only for payback. And the way Blaine was acting, especially in the Tina hall scene makes me suspect that we're supposed to think that Kurt is just putting up a facade: that his "just friends" means nothing. But I could not see any sign, not even in Chris' acting, that made me think that Kurt was feeling conflicted or trying to delude himself. It was all so flat and soulless, and I'm not used to that when it comes to Kurt. The writing and directing was so awful imo, that even Chris could not give me some hint as to what Kurt was supposed to think.
I don't like this Kurt, and again: not because of him having a booty-call with his ex, but because none of what happened made any sense to me. It has really upset me, and it may be the end of Glee for me.

I have to say that I completely agree with this and you've perfectly summed up why I hated this episode so much. I've been watching this show for the past three years and this is the first occasion where I can truly say I didn't really like Kurt all that much, which quite honestly makes me feel a little sad. Normally I would like an episode in which we get to see 1) Kurt being sexier (and revealing more skin) than ever 2) his adorkable dancing and 3) him being featured on two songs, but because of the context in which this all happened and the fact he seemed so out of character throughout I'm afraid it all left me cold :(

Yes, I do dislike Klaine and have done so since early season 3 but I managed to put up with it and could still enjoy Kurt's presence even in the scenes in which he had to share with Blaine. I would have tolerated their makeout and sex had it actually made any sense whatsoever and hadn't been so completely out of the blue. Until this episode it had seemed like they were making progress and actually in a good place in terms of getting over one another, with them seldom mentioning each other and even having attractions to other characters, but then this came out of nowhere and now their relationship just seems more screwed up than ever.

I know some fans thought Kurt was great this episode but I just did not recognise him. I completely agree about having no idea as to what he was thinking or where his head was supposed to be in this episode - his actions were just too out of character and made zero sense considering what we had seen in previous episodes. To be honest I also found it a little sad that even if his relationship with Adam is open at this stage, the second he was out of New York he went running back into the arms of the guy who after dating him evidently still left him unfamiliar with the notion of accepting or even receiving compliments. And even if his hookup with Blaine wasn't cheating, I was a little surprised that after all that has happened he didn't show or have a little more sensitivity or caution in this respect.

It's a shame really as I had particularly enjoyed the previous 'Diva' episode and thought that was a great one for Kurt.

I have said I will watch any episode which Chris is in but it almost seems pointless if the writing and characterisation leaves me unable to appreciate even Kurt scenes. Hopefully this was just a one-off and things will improve, after all I had assumed I would no longer like Rachel or Hummelberry after watching Goodbye but I soon went back to liking both as much as ever.
ariel189
ariel189
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

http://kadayum.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/17/2013, 6:33 pm

Welcome Ariel! many of us came from GF long time ago (some still hanging around there like Marie etc.). Anyway I too feel that the Kurt this episode is unrecognizable, and all this happened because they are trying to do fan service. But it didn't have to be this way. People this age do change - some quite a lot, as part of their growing up. I have children Kurt's age and sometimes I wonder if I really know them at all. But nobody jumps from point A to B. There has to be a setup, some progression, that leads to Kurt's behavior in the car. If they did a good job of writing this setup - say conversations or whatever happened, that's fine. I can accept Kurt giving into the lust (he's a healthy male teenager after all) or still having some feelings for blaine or whatever. they should have devoted a whole half episode explaining what was going on in his head. we know blaine's head already - he just want to hump kurt or any other available gay men so that doesn't bother me. But Kurt - since his POV was hardly explored since the breakup, I really need to know what's going on in his head. They didn't bother to explore that when blaine suddenly showed up in NY during xmas. We can see Kurt felt uncomfortable, but then what? Nothing. no explaination of how he feels or what he stills think of his ex. Then suddenly we have that car scene. I wondered if I missed anything since I got interrupted earlier in the show amd didn't see the whole thing. The bad writing plus bad editing (that rumored to cut the only pre-makeout conversation between klaine) really ruined this episode for me. Sure I love to see Kurt being on the top and being the "alpha gay" and feel confident and sexual blah blah blah but w/o the setup it's just horrible story telling.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/17/2013, 6:46 pm

Hi Jen (@Ariel) !!! koukou
It's good to see you here (I haven't even been to the KHAT and Glee Forum after this episode yet, oops, bad me).

I'm glad I am reading that some people agreewith me. TBH: after I saw everyone's reactions (here and on other boards) I thought I was going nuts because I so strongly disliked 'I do' while everyone loved it, lol. areu

What a waste of Chris' acting skills (not letting Kurt express his feelings, and not giving the characters a decent continuity so the actors don't know how to act anymore).
I remember when Chris did that Emmy round table there was an actor who was in some series (Lost, I believe?), and he was frustrated because noone in the cast knew what was going to happen next in the series at some point: everything had to be kept secret, and it was hindering the actors with their acting, as they didn't know how their character was supposed to feel.

I hope that in 4x15 a lot will be cleared up and we will have a better idea of where they will take Kurt in the near future. Unless they let Kadam happen but Adam turns out to be a gigolo or a hired killer or something. With Glee all bets are off. Rolling Eyes
Someone else already expressed this, but thank God Kurt can't get pregnant, or else he would be the one crying in the Hummelberry loft's bathroom now. Suspect

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/17/2013, 6:58 pm

haha, one gigolo from NYADA is enough, otherwise we might as well consider NYADA the whore factory. Adam is safe from now, but if they ever decides to kick him out, they can simply expire his foreign visa or something (like they expired Rory's).
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/17/2013, 7:25 pm

^I'm hoping that Adam will turn out to be a secret agent, like Bond. moque
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/17/2013, 7:31 pm

a gay bond! i am all for it! let them have hot sex! Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  opals 2/17/2013, 7:46 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^I'm hoping that Adam will turn out to be a secret agent, like Bond. moque

Would that make Kurt Adam's sexy Bond gay?
opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/17/2013, 8:11 pm

opals wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:^I'm hoping that Adam will turn out to be a secret agent, like Bond. moque

Would that make Kurt Adam's sexy Bond gay?

Actually in the scene he whispered "I'll see you downstairs", he was like a seductive agent.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/17/2013, 8:30 pm

Welcome, Jen! :D

Did someone on this board mention the idea of Kurt taking on Santana and Santana either being shocked or impressed at this "new Kurt"? (I can just hear her now: "It's about damned time, Hummel!") I'd LOVE to see that! I think he can take her now! Wink I LOVE Kurt because he is usually so adorable and precious...I really do. And I don't want him acting like a total "badass" ALL the time. I still want him to be the Kurt we all know and love. It's always been the more prim and proper characters that appeal to me: Kurt, Rachel, Marley, Emma, sweet!Tina, Blaine (at first)...I've always been a fan of the "goody-goodies". Whereas the more "badass" characters: Puck, Santana, Kitty, Sebastian...do not appeal to me at all. So I don't know why this more "badass" Kurt turns me on so much? saispa Maybe because....along with being very unexpected, it does feel more realistic to me. Like he's really growing up. Of course, Kurt has always been a very mature young man, except for when the issue of sex seemed to scare him....and then he became a little boy again. Now, I feel like he's being...fully mature, in a way....like nothing scares him anymore. I really like this version of Kurt: the young man who will not let Blaine pull the wool over his eyes and woo him back into being a good little devoted fan/boyfriend. Not that I ever saw Kurt as being weak at all, but he really does seem so strong to me here. So in control and not in the least bit emotional. As I said, I don't want him acting like this all the time...but I do like the idea of this new defense mechanism being used as a 'secret weapon' when he feels he needs to protect himself from jerks. Sadly, in the adult world, you have to get a little bit tougher and more cynical in order to survive. All in all, I'd like a happy medium...as sweet as romantic!innocent!Kurt is, he is also very open to getting hurt, and I hate seeing Kurt get hurt over and over again. I'd hate for him to become the next Sebastian though...it would just break my heart. I'd like to see him somewhere in between. You have to be somewhere in between in order to be a well adjusted adult in the fully functioning world...just ask Sue and Kitty, or Marley and Emma. Neither too hard nor too soft works very well for personal happiness.

I hope the writers approach this with care. I do want a reason. Even if it is as simple as "I was horny", I want a reason as to why he acted like that. Although, I'm pretty sure the reason is going to be "I'm done letting Blaine and people like him jerk me around." I hope the writers still keep Kurt Kurt...maybe we can get an intergration of these two different Kurt's? Now I'm making it sound like he has a split personality....oops!

I don't want this personality change to be brushed under the rug though. I want answers and hopefully a consistent characterization.

Last edited by MoviesAreLife on 2/22/2013, 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ariel189 2/17/2013, 8:48 pm

Thanks for the welcomes! neutre

fantastica wrote:Welcome Ariel! many of us came from GF long time ago (some still hanging around there like Marie etc.). Anyway I too feel that the Kurt this episode is unrecognizable, and all this happened because they are trying to do fan service. But it didn't have to be this way. People this age do change - some quite a lot, as part of their growing up. I have children Kurt's age and sometimes I wonder if I really know them at all. But nobody jumps from point A to B. There has to be a setup, some progression, that leads to Kurt's behavior in the car. If they did a good job of writing this setup - say conversations or whatever happened, that's fine. I can accept Kurt giving into the lust (he's a healthy male teenager after all) or still having some feelings for blaine or whatever. they should have devoted a whole half episode explaining what was going on in his head. we know blaine's head already - he just want to hump kurt or any other available gay men so that doesn't bother me. But Kurt - since his POV was hardly explored since the breakup, I really need to know what's going on in his head. They didn't bother to explore that when blaine suddenly showed up in NY during xmas. We can see Kurt felt uncomfortable, but then what? Nothing. no explaination of how he feels or what he stills think of his ex. Then suddenly we have that car scene. I wondered if I missed anything since I got interrupted earlier in the show amd didn't see the whole thing. The bad writing plus bad editing (that rumored to cut the only pre-makeout conversation between klaine) really ruined this episode for me. Sure I love to see Kurt being on the top and being the "alpha gay" and feel confident and sexual blah blah blah but w/o the setup it's just horrible story telling.

I agree, I can accept character development and obviously Kurt is hardly going have the same hang ups about sex that he used to since he'd been in a sexual relationship for almost a year but as usual Glee neglects to show this development and the story of how he suddenly became comfortable enough to have a casual hookup with his ex and instead takes us straight to the fan service.

I'm all for Kurt being portrayed as more sexual and confident but surely there's a way to this without destroying his characterisation. It just seems the writers can't be bothered to make the effort and just give the loudest fanbase what they want regardless of whether it makes sense or not.

Glorfindel wrote:Hi Jen (@Ariel) !!! koukou
It's good to see you here (I haven't even been to the KHAT and Glee Forum after this episode yet, oops, bad me).

I'm glad I am reading that some people agreewith me. TBH: after I saw everyone's reactions (here and on other boards) I thought I was going nuts because I so strongly disliked 'I do' while everyone loved it, lol. areu

What a waste of Chris' acting skills (not letting Kurt express his feelings, and not giving the characters a decent continuity so the actors don't know how to act anymore).

I didn't feel like posting much there after it either tbh - definitely felt like I was in the minority given my thoughts on the episode and I had a feeling my opinions may have been a little too negative to count as 'Kurt appreciation' phr34r

I've felt the same way - it seems like most people loved Kurt's confidence and seeing him more sexual than he's ever been but I just couldn't get over the atrocious writing and didn't really think it was a good episode for him at all. I kind of wish I had enjoyed it, it would certainly make it easier to take but I can't exactly force myself to.

I'll admit I definitely like ogling Chris as much as the next person but just can't appreciate all these gifs that everyone has been freaking out over - instead I just feel like they're tainted with some degree of character assassination. You know the writing's become seriously bad when you can't even get excited over gifs revealing the top of Chris/Kurt's underwear blushh dryy
ariel189
ariel189
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

http://kadayum.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/17/2013, 9:02 pm

ariel189 wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Hi Jen (@Ariel) !!! koukou
(---)

I didn't feel like posting much there after it either tbh - definitely felt like I was in the minority given my thoughts on the episode and I had a feeling my opinions may have been a little too negative to count as 'Kurt appreciation' phr34r
Yeah, that's why I have not been there since 'I Do' aired. I can already imagine what most posters over there are saying and I didn't want to deal with it yet, not untill I got most of the anger and frustration out here. (Sorry guys, that you had to suffer my rant, but at least it wasn't boring? blushh).
I wasn't really feeling appreciating enough to post in the KHAT. ooppss

Anyway: I think it is safe to assume that getting out of homophobic, effemiphobic narrowminded Lima and moving to New York did wonders for Kurt's confidence and selfesteem, as we all hoped it would. fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/17/2013, 9:11 pm

@MoviesAreLife, you just said that you usually like the "goody-goodies" characters instead of the "badass", but I think it also depends on the second layer. Some "goody-goodies" are like Mary Sues and that's so boring, while others like Kurt, have more personality. And is the same for the "badass", for instance I like Puck because at the end he's a good boy who likes to pose as the rebel one. So probably in the case of Kurt, he still being the sweet boy we like, but he won't allow other people to take him down, but instead of being rude, he would be polite and smart, as he's. Yep, I also want to see this new side of him.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/17/2013, 10:12 pm

Actually, I like it both ways. I know I complain about Santana a lot, but one of my favorite Santana moments ever is when she came out to Brittany in "Sexy" as loving her, and when she sang "Songbird" to Brittany. Likewise, one of my favorite Kurt moments ever has to be this "I'll see you downstairs" bit from "I Do"...I'll take this over heartbroken/crying Kurt anyday, because I hate to see him so sad. So, I like it when polar opposite characters are shown to have common ground. I like it when harder characters are given softer moments, and I like it when softer characters are given harder moments. It shows the specturm of human behavoir and how we all have more in common than we think. I like to see tougher, meaner characters have moments of kindness...it warms my heart. I also love to see nicer characters being given moments of toughness or sexiness. I like to see "doormats" grow a backbone, and I like to see "monsters" being given moments of reflection, humanity and clarity. For example, I'd love to see Marley get tough with Kitty and stand up for herself. I'd love to see her call her out on her BS. I'd also love to see a shaken, insecure Kitty apologize for her awful behavior towards Marley.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 2/18/2013, 2:32 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Whatever they chose, I just hope one thing: that we'll never get back to the Kurt in the season 3 Klaine relationship, even if he and Blaine get back together again: the inferior, stool sitting Kurt, who was not allowed to snark or criticize his boyfriend. Evil or Very Mad

banzai THIS.

4x14 "I Do" Watch and Discussion Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_lr0bteoa091qe30nf

brisallie wrote:
Actually in the scene he whispered "I'll see you downstairs", he was like a seductive agent.

Agreed. Chris should totally take that role some day. He's gonna kill it and fandom will break tonguue

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 2/18/2013, 3:17 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Someone else already expressed this, but thank God Kurt can't get pregnant, or else he would be the one crying in the Hummelberry loft's bathroom now. Suspect

I actually had a nightmare about this last night :( .

Anyway, I didn't like how we had no idea of Kurt's thought process during this episode, but I don't think he was toying with Blaine, or testing to see whether he should get back together with Blaine. His relationship did not end on his own terms, and he had to try to get over Blaine. I think he no longer has romantic feelings for Blaine, or is mostly over them, due to Blaine's betrayal of his trust. Still, he is physically attracted to Blaine and I think he wanted this last time before he could fully let go of Blaine as a love interest, maybe even commit himself to Adam.

Of course, it may not have worked if Kurt is still torn in 4x15, maybe it's because sex is something that has meaning to Kurt.

Also, hi Adi and Jen Smile.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 2/18/2013, 5:21 am

I love it how divided opinions even we're making in this board. I've loved reading everyones thoughts. Sex is a dangerous topic to begin with.

But weren't this episode and the following, after hiatus, supposed to be aired together, like waaay back when the original schedule was released? Or was it this one and the previous?

Because if it was I Do and the next one we might get some clues from Kurt's actual thought process. I mean what if Chris' acting was aimed for the long haul, which now means we are left hanging whether Kurt's character was thrown to the wolves.

I do however can image someone in the writers room being worried: "Wasn't Kurt the one afraid of sex and believed in romantic idealism?" Whilst the rest: "Yes he was, but Kurt doesn't matter because Klaine is the endgame AND NOW THEY HAVE SEX!"

I don't see Kurt vindictive either, but I do see him being guilty of testing the waters so to speak with Blaine and not realising that Blaine can't in his case separate being in a controlling relationship with Kurt with being friends with benefits with that same Kurt, when sex is concerned. (Funny that how sex with stranger doesn't have to mean anything or mean that Blaine should think it part of a relationship!) Now that is just another evidence in my book against Blaine that something in his current, childlike person wants to own Kurt and mold Kurt according to his world.

I do have to give consistant kudos for Darren's acting again for the physical admiration of Kurt, I know he's probably never said it outloud, but Blaine does seem to admire Kurt's beauty, which is why I understand how Klainers see the perfect opportunity for relationship worship. Blaine is not a big satan for me, but I just can not see Klaine in it's previous history as a valid choice for Kurt unless Blaine grows up and takes his brain out from hiding and possessive mode.

And since Glee is gearded younger audiences, STILL!, we will probably not get this explanation for friends with benefit, or that sex for Blaine with Kurt means more, or that Kurt might still be exploring his boudaries.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 2/18/2013, 7:37 am

Well, I rewatched it and have indeed conflicted feelings about this episode regarding Kurt and Blaine. On the one hand, I did appreciate to see a more confident Kurt, and at least that he wasn't portrayed as a desexualized guy for once. Except TFT, Glee never really recognized Kurt's growing sexiness, particularly not when Sebastian was insulting his physical features and that no-one (*cough*Blaine*cough*) provided any counter-argument to that. In "I Do", Kurt was shown as a mature boy owning his body and worth pining for.

Now, as usual, Glee is all tell and no show, and we gotabsolutely no thoughts process from Kurt's POV to understand how he would come to the conclusion that "hey, what if I had a quickie with my ex!!"
Since we didn't see any of his relationship with adam, I don't know whether: he is really in a nonexclusive relationship with Adam and what are his feelings about him at that time, if he still has the hots for Blaine but do not want to date him again due to the breach of trust of the cheating (and by not again, is it just for now or NEVER again), is he toying with Blaine to get back at him (quite un-Kurt like, but, considering the episode, who can tell???). We were just served gratuitous boy-on-boy action (and while Glee deserves some credit to finally go there and screw the censors) build-up would have been nice, thank you very much.

Now on to Blaine's speech: it wasn't as horrible as just the audioclip, but was still meh. Even if Blaine THINKS he'll end up with Kurt, I didn't like him telling Kurt how he should feel and think. Yes, maybe Kurt is in denial (I think there was a bit of denial here), but he doesn't seem ready to invest more in his relationship with Blaine than what he just did, i.e. have fun sex and that's it. Blaine should have at least respected that, considering that Kurt repeated it 3 times.
Besides, we have no indication that Blaine has thought about why he cheated on the first place. Did he explore his needeness? Even if Kurt agreed to "get back" with him, will he handle the distance, and the lack of communication, now that Kurt has apparently bith NYADA AND Vogue.com to juggle with? Blaine seems to think that everything is going back to what it was, but has apparently not gotten the problem between them => the problem was not that you were broken up, the problem was that both of you didn't handle LDR well. And as long as he doesn't process it, and how to improve it, I don't see how he can think that getting back together is a good idea (particularly with Kurt having a nice British option available in NY).

As for the rest: I admit that Cory cracked me up with his faces when Will lauds him for being his best man. Cory is a great actor and I feel his character was screwed this season. He deserves better than the crap they've given him. Marley, Jake and Ryder => snore. Ryder should date Jake, and Marley can continue being Mrs Bland Mary Sue.
Artie and Betty: OK, pairing the disabled together is reductive, but I like Kevin/Artie and also feels the writers screwed him (and I want to hear more of him), so if they deign dedicate a few time to their storyline, I'm all for it.
Tina: fuck you with "Blaine's too good for you". Sebastian already told that to Kurt, and this pisses me of greatly. Nice smackdown from Kurt, btw. Of course this was stupidly resolved by going the funny route AND Blaine should have had his word in this, but whatever, at least this is over.
Jayma Mays was outstanding, what a fabulous performance! And Sue was great. I really think the noobs shouldn't have been introduced and the writers should rely on the exceptional adult cast they have (Dot, Jane, Jayma, Matt and Mike O'Malley) instead of the 2.0 versions we have. Sigh.
Mercedes: still no storyline for you, but amazing vocals.
And finally: yes, I did LOVE the duet on Depeche Mode. First because I like Depeche Mode, and it's not that often that I like anything that's sung in Glee, but also because they sounded both good on it together. Chris should sing more pop songs (don't get me wrong, but I'm not a fan of Broadway tunes, and it's good to hear a change once in while)
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 2/18/2013, 11:55 am

BlueJazz wrote:
Since the show is a mess, I think there's no need to overanalyze the ep. We can only pray and wait for a scene where Kurt talks about the hook-up in next ep. All in all, the shallow fangirl in me just wanna enjoy all the sexy!Kurt moments in this ep phr34r

That's the only way to enjoy Glee nowadays, I find. Switch off brain, forget about continuity, ignore previous characterization, and just let the writers beat you over the head with their special brand of sometimes-offensive-sometimes-harmless silliness and hope that you get some nice Kurt songs and gifs as a reward for enduring the experience.

ariel189 wrote:Hey, I'm new although I have been lurking for while (and also sometimes post in the KHAT on Gleeforum) neutre

I know some fans thought Kurt was great this episode but I just did not recognise him. I completely agree about having no idea as to what he was thinking or where his head was supposed to be in this episode - his actions were just too out of character and made zero sense considering what we had seen in previous episodes. To be honest I also found it a little sad that even if his relationship with Adam is open at this stage, the second he was out of New York he went running back into the arms of the guy who after dating him evidently still left him unfamiliar with the notion of accepting or even receiving compliments. And even if his hookup with Blaine wasn't cheating, I was a little surprised that after all that has happened he didn't show or have a little more sensitivity or caution in this respect.

Welcome to the forum, ariel189! flower

I used to be a poster on the GF KHAT too, but nowadays, I don't really have the time to go there anymore.

Ah yes, I can see that it can be tricky trying to post something that's critical about Kurt's characterization in the latest episode in an appreciation thread ooppss

I actually like that we're getting opposing view points about Kurt in this episode. It makes for interesting discussion; and it highlights how our own viewpoints about sex (or more accurately, our viewpoint about Kurt's sexual maturity) can colour how we feel about his actions.

I will say this though-- I think Chris really has no idea of what the writers want to do with Kurt's romantic storyline in the future; so he had to deliberately play Kurt in such a way that Kurt's intentions are vague at this stage (that's why both the Klaine and Kadam fans are feeling hopeful after the episode). This way, Kurt can go back to Blaine or pursue his relationship with Adam in a later episode without coming across as indecisive or merely weak against the temptation that is Blaine. This way, if Kurt ever ends up with one or the other, it will be because Kurt made the choice (and not because so-and-so finally deigns to see him as a viable love interest and express a wish to be more than friends and Kurt has been pining forever to get noticed and be loved).
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Elements99 2/19/2013, 2:01 pm

Glorfindel wrote:

To be honest despite how I feel about Rachel, this pregnancy just smacks of laziness on the writers part. I feel like Rachel would know better. For as many aspirations that she has, for as much as she has planned for her life I feel that protecting herself from unplanned pregnancy would be a top priority. Especially if she's sleeping with guy she kinda just meant a few month ago. I can see her agreeing to an open relationship, but that just tells me that she's be even more cautious about protecting herself. Yet, since the writers don't know how to write decent conflict without throwing a overused trope in...we get a Rachel pregnancy scare.

I agree, I can accept character development and obviously Kurt is hardly going have the same hang ups about sex that he used to since he'd been in a sexual relationship for almost a year but as usual Glee neglects to show this development and the story of how he suddenly became comfortable enough to have a casual hookup with his ex and instead takes us straight to the fan service.

I'm all for Kurt being portrayed as more sexual and confident but surely there's a way to this without destroying his characterisation. It just seems the writers can't be bothered to make the effort and just give the loudest fanbase what they want regardless of whether it makes sense or not.

I can see how Kurt got from Point A to Point D without it being in canon but I think most of that is just being used having to head canon Kurt's POV anyway. That's the great thing about Chris' acting. I can see how initially Kurt could be viewed as using Blaine for sex. However, when it gets to that last scene in the hotel room and he looks conflicted because he isn't sure how he feels about anything. So he opts not to address any of it at all, it changes the context. I felt like he was opting for "don't think, don't feel, just do" type of mindset. Which i found refreshing because Kurt rarely acts on impulse. High school taught him that running on impulse was bad, even if it meant he got to be happy for one second. So he usually thinks before he acts.

I usually look to Chris' performances when it comes to dictating a scene because no one understands Kurt like he does. Not even the writers.

Elements99
Elements99
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/19/2013, 10:54 pm

A blogger that I follow sometimes made note of the different flowers used in various scenes involving the various couples that I Do focused on, and what their symbolism might mean for their storylines.

Finn/Rachel - The flower that Finn plucked from the bouquet and playing the "she loves me, she loves me not" game was a daisy. According to the old Victorian flower language, daisies symbolizes loyal love and faith, and this gets expressed in Finn's speech to Rachel. He's not going to try to force Rachel to accept that things are not over between them (which it is clear that it is most definately not). He's biding his time, willing to let Rachel have the freedom to come to that conclusion herself. And showing total faith in what exists between them will be enough to bring them back together, even if for now they are seperated. Somehow, it makes that speech considerably less creepy when I consider that he wasn't trying to argue her into renewing their relationship. He's accepting things on her terms for now. And it's telling that she's the one who went running away while he was alseep.

Marley/Jake/Ryder - Peonies were in the flowers that Jake "gave" Marley right before the wedding and these are flowers associated with blashfulness because of their tendancy to need several years to acclaimate when they are tranplanted (something I know from practical experience in my garden). Marley has been undergoing through a period of upheaval and needs time before she herself is able to blossom. The flower also symbolizes masculinity and bravery, which can be associated with Ryder's actions. Anyway, that's as much time as I want to consider their triangle.

On to the important things.

Kurt/Blaine - The flowers in their hotel room (seen when Kurt is getting dressed) are sakura (aka cherry blossoms). This is a flower that I am extremely well familiar with, as I have a Yoshino cherry tree in my back yard and I attend a sakura matsuri every year (as well as being a complete Japanophile). In Japanese culture, these flower symbolize the transience of life. They were associate with the samurai, who were lauded for their bravery and often short lives. Sakura were treasured because of their beauty and their very brief bloom time - people would turn out to enjoy them because in a week or two, they'd be gone. They were used to teach the lesson to enjoy something wonderful while it was there because it would be gone tomorrow. Now if the choosing of these particular flowers in not accidental, then it's a pretty telling hint that Klaine may indeed be done with for now. It was beautiful (miles may vary) while it existed, but now it's gone. It might be renewed in a new year, but whereas Kurt is accepting that the blooms have fallen, Blaine is still hoping for the flowers to return.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/20/2013, 2:50 am

The things about I do" was that Kurt didn't lead Blaine on. He repeated that they were just friends and Blaine went along with it, until the post coital scene where Blaine proclaimed they were "together again."

I thought Chris played it perfectly, he had just finished having sex with Blaine and was trying to be "tactful" about " NO, I told you you idiot we are not together" thus his hesitancy. His "come hither" look to Blaine was basically saying that the sex was great and he sill found him attractive but that was it.

Though Blaine's smug grin in the last scene in the hotel was spot on..he just scored with Kurt Hummel. Who wouldn't be smug?
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/20/2013, 12:57 pm

Ranwing wrote:...

Kurt/Blaine - The flowers in their hotel room (seen when Kurt is getting dressed) are sakura (aka cherry blossoms). This is a flower that I am extremely well familiar with, as I have a Yoshino cherry tree in my back yard and I attend a sakura matsuri every year (as well as being a complete Japanophile). In Japanese culture, these flower symbolize the transience of life. They were associate with the samurai, who were lauded for their bravery and often short lives. Sakura were treasured because of their beauty and their very brief bloom time - people would turn out to enjoy them because in a week or two, they'd be gone. They were used to teach the lesson to enjoy something wonderful while it was there because it would be gone tomorrow. Now if the choosing of these particular flowers in not accidental, then it's a pretty telling hint that Klaine may indeed be done with for now. It was beautiful (miles may vary) while it existed, but now it's gone. It might be renewed in a new year, but whereas Kurt is accepting that the blooms have fallen, Blaine is still hoping for the flowers to return.

Love this. I love the parallel between the flower and what's currently going on with Klaine. And in addition I love sakuras, and I know how special there're in Japan.

P.S So are you a japanophile? I guess you know a lot about Japan Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/20/2013, 4:06 pm

brisallie wrote:
Love this. I love the parallel between the flower and what's currently going on with Klaine. And in addition I love sakuras, and I know how special there're in Japan.

P.S So are you a japanophile? I guess you know a lot about Japan Smile

Yup! Enough so that my family absolutely sick of the subject. Can speak some of the language, read a little bit of basic stuff and even got to spend 3 weeks traveling around Japan a couple of years ago.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next