Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 5

+39
Adamina
whatthink
Piciollina
dap1217
elizabethdarcy
tamara04
MissSoniaPP
CloveGlee
Ireth
coxfire
sheny
sahhar
BlueJazz
sjonnepon
Vir Cotto
FunnyLady
ColferGirl
Eaton2011
kac
opals
zuppid
bayth
Delight
ladydianab
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
Sani
arina
tanita_mors
ColferInspired
brisallie
fantastica
msjoanlucette
M&M
Divalicious
Jellyrolls
Buenos
43 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 5 - Page 20 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 5

Post  sahhar 10/9/2012, 2:51 pm

sheny wrote:I'm posting this video here. I don't know if it is 'Snark and bark' material, but I find it very funny and shows what the Glee fandom thinks about RIB. Maybe some of you have already seen it.

ptdr Bless this video. lol!

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 5 - Page 20 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 5

Post  sahhar 10/9/2012, 2:52 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Glee on Fox posted on facebook asking for everyone's favorite Klaine moment. I said the moment Blaine cheated and Kurt got his freedom.

rooots

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/9/2012, 3:29 pm

I did like the line that Kurt was lonely IIRC had "temptations" too. The viewer has to imagine (easily in my case) that Kurt has been propositioned, admired by other gay guys in the city.

What annoys me is that, while I have no hatred nor antipathy of Blaine, I've always found Kurt more attractive. In this episode, Kurt looked stunning at times (where the hell did all the baby fat go from season one?) so the way they show how others find Blaine attractive and Kurt is some wall fllower just doesn't make sense at all. There is a cognitive dissonance when you see Kurt on screen referred to as unappealing on some level, so I'm hoping the bigger arc is getting Kurt single and available in New York City.

I'm surprised TBH that the showrunners shattered the "teen angel" persona of Blaine once and for all. Facebook whoring around? Yikes! The hypocrisy of the Darren/Blaine fans is hilarious. They wanted "character development" AND for him to retain his golden image as teenage dream so now they are defensive and pissed.

My god the way some of them go on you'd think Kurt pushed him into Facebook whoring . They might as well call him St. Blaine of Facebook.

The boys going to get back together, it's inevitable but at least let Kurt explore himself as an individual in the city. At this point I would prefer a single Kurt meeting and dating guys for the remainder of the series but that's not going to happen.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 10/9/2012, 4:53 pm

But some people do defend and excuse Blaine and I'm disgusted by the hypocrisy. After today, this one Glee podcast I listen lost a very loyal listener in me. The people who run it have never been huge Kurt fans and swoon at DC feet but listening to them has always been interesting. But after today, when all 3 of them felt more for Blaine and how isolated and alone he must have felt towards Kurt and how him cheating is nothing compered to Kurt sexting last year when he had nothing to complain about. notall I was like, "You just lost me people". And "Of course Kurt has to forgive Blaine, how could he not to when Blaine is so damn cute. And how Blaine was so much more genuine because he came to NY and was so so sorry. And on and on ...." That was that for me. Goodbye Gleefull podcast as far as Ivana is concerned.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/9/2012, 5:14 pm

^What?!? Mad That's crazy.

Ha, if Kurt had done the cheating they would burn him on a stake.
I can't with these people, I really can't. It's beyond stupid.
Idiots. smajli
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 10/9/2012, 5:19 pm

Type Gleefull podcast on Google and you will find it. It's the last podcast entry. The Klaine talk is somewhere in the middle of it. I was appealed by some of their reasoning and yes, had Kurt done the cheating, they would have chastised him. But I guess all is forgiven to Darren Fucking Criss.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/9/2012, 5:20 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^What?!? Mad That's crazy.

Idiots. smajli

True they would.I bet if Kurt had been raped they would find away to blame him for it.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/9/2012, 5:22 pm

tanita_mors wrote:But some people do defend and excuse Blaine and I'm disgusted by the hypocrisy. After today, this one Glee podcast I listen lost a very loyal listener in me. The people who run it have never been huge Kurt fans and swoon at DC feet but listening to them has always been interesting. But after today, when all 3 of them felt more for Blaine and how isolated and alone he must have felt towards Kurt and how him cheating is nothing compered to Kurt sexting last year when he had nothing to complain about. notall I was like, "You just lost me people". And "Of course Kurt has to forgive Blaine, how could he not to when Blaine is so damn cute. And how Blaine was so much more genuine because he came to NY and was so so sorry. And on and on ...." That was that for me. Goodbye Gleefull podcast as far as Ivana is concerned.

I never listen to a Glee Podcast,but if I did I would no longer listen to them,after hearing Kurt Blaming for Blaine's cheating.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 10/9/2012, 6:33 pm

Does this surprise anyone? I am sure there are adults in Darren's fanbase, but I do think the majority are pre-teens, imagining Darren/Blaine as their first boyfriend. And man, if they were THEIR boyfriend, they wouldn't be ignoring him for a job, hell no, they would put everything above Blaine, because he is just that special. People in the real world know how hard it is to find a job, and a dream job like Vogue, you don't squander away. The one's defending Blaine's loneliness as excuse for cheating, not only have never had a boyfriend, they've never had one cheated on them, plus, they've likely never had a job, either. So I laugh at their POV, because it is pathetic.

Sure, Kurt should have found time to give Blaine more attention, but Blaine, at the very least, could have given Kurt a little time to get his bearings in a new city and a new job, away from his supportive family and the familiarity of school. Again, this is all a story instrument to bring about some actual character in Blaine. For better or worse, but which ever, I am sure the Blainer's will see all with rose-colored glasses.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  elizabethdarcy 10/9/2012, 8:03 pm

I'm actually offended that people keep making excuses like this for Blaine. He was lonely. Oh, okay. How would people feel if the roles were reversed? Would these same people be alright with Kurt cheating on Blaine? He was lonely too, wasn't he?
elizabethdarcy
elizabethdarcy
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/9/2012, 8:17 pm

elizabethdarcy wrote:I'm actually offended that people keep making excuses like this for Blaine. He was lonely. Oh, okay. How would people feel if the roles were reversed? Would these same people be alright with Kurt cheating on Blaine? He was lonely too, wasn't he?

I am 99.9% postive most if not all would be bashing and trashing Kurt if the roles had been reversed.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 10/9/2012, 8:25 pm

they are already bashing him and he is the wronged party here. that tell you all you need to know.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/9/2012, 8:26 pm

tanita_mors wrote:But some people do defend and excuse Blaine and I'm disgusted by the hypocrisy. After today, this one Glee podcast I listen lost a very loyal listener in me. The people who run it have never been huge Kurt fans and swoon at DC feet but listening to them has always been interesting. But after today, when all 3 of them felt more for Blaine and how isolated and alone he must have felt towards Kurt and how him cheating is nothing compered to Kurt sexting last year when he had nothing to complain about. notall I was like, "You just lost me people". And "Of course Kurt has to forgive Blaine, how could he not to when Blaine is so damn cute. And how Blaine was so much more genuine because he came to NY and was so so sorry. And on and on ...." That was that for me. Goodbye Gleefull podcast as far as Ivana is concerned.

Did they really call Kurt's texting sexting? It wasn't sexting. It was just flirty texting, and yes, Kurt shouldn't have done it, but it wasn't sexting. The were just sending goofy flirty text messages. No one was telling the other what they would do to each other's bodies.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/9/2012, 8:31 pm

tanita_mors wrote:they are already bashing him and he is the wronged party here. that tell you all you need to know.

True they are :angry:
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 10/9/2012, 8:34 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^What?!? Mad That's crazy.

Idiots. smajli

THIS. I've pretty much stopped reading almost anything to do with Glee and Klaine because the level of hypocrisy and stupidity with certain people is just mind numbing to say the least. I only read this forum, it keeps me sane.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/9/2012, 8:36 pm

elizabethdarcy wrote:I'm actually offended that people keep making excuses like this for Blaine. He was lonely. Oh, okay. How would people feel if the roles were reversed? Would these same people be alright with Kurt cheating on Blaine? He was lonely too, wasn't he?

Welcome, Elizabeth! baibai

Blaine has just always been on such a high pedestal on this show that he can do no wrong. They could probably make him an axe murderer, and his fans will still defend him. Blaine is the Edward Cullen of Glee--the perfect man, loved by everyone, who can do no wrong.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 10/9/2012, 8:42 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:

Did they really call Kurt's texting sexting? It wasn't sexting. It was just flirty texting, and yes, Kurt shouldn't have done it, but it wasn't sexting. The were just sending goofy flirty text messages. No one was telling the other what they would do to each other's bodies.
they used "sexting" in their discussion. and basically said that kurt had no reason to even think about cheating(texting with someone else) on blaine while bliane's full on cheating this year had more probable cause. if kurt payed more attention to his boyfriend this would not have happened. that is their reasoning basically.

i never commented on their show even though i listen to it so i felt that any kind of response in regards to their review from me would feel like a petulant backlash of an offended kurtsie. but i'm done with their show.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/9/2012, 8:53 pm

tanita_mors wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:

they used "sexting" in their discussion. and basically said that kurt had no reason to even think about cheating(texting with someone else) on blaine while bliane's full on cheating this year had more probable cause. if kurt payed more attention to his boyfriend this would not have happened. that is their reasoning basically.

i never commented on their show even though i listen to it so i felt that any kind of response in regards to their review from me would feel like a petulant backlash of an offended kurtsie. but i'm done with their show.

How soon they forget. Appearently they were too busy swooning over Blaine to remember that Kurt told Rachel that he was texting Chandler because he felt Blaine wasn't giving him the attention and affection he needed.

I wish that Blaine Anderson didn't exist.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 10/9/2012, 9:03 pm

[quote="Jellyrolls"][quote="tanita_mors"][quote="Jellyrolls"]
tanita_mors wrote:
I wish that Blaine Anderson didn't exist.

banzai He is terrible.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/9/2012, 9:07 pm

@GleeonFox just asked everyone to tweet their favorite Klaine moments. I tweeted this:

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 10/9/2012, 10:22 pm

Let me tell you a story about those podcasts. Last year, when Kurt got those text messages from Chandler, I wrote an article on Hypable called "The Chandler/Sebastian Connection" explaining the similarities between the Sebastian situation and Chandler. A lot of people liked that article, but I got some major hate mail from one particular girl who wrote so often, livid that I stood up for Kurt in this. One of the arguments she used to support her case was "listen to the Podcast."

I am going to guess that this podcast is as one-sided as, well, we are. They have a very strong bias that keeps them from being objective about these things, and the only thing I am inclined to fuss at them for is that they don't realize it. I KNOW I'm biased. I was Team Ross so many years ago, and I KNOW that I've basically changed sides on a similar storyline, although I could debate why it's different if you really wanted me to. But that's why I'm actually trying to be objective where I can, until I really think about "It's Not Right, but It's OK" and my whole world just goes red.

But yes. If Blaine were to run Kurt through with a dagger, some of these girls are going to find a way to make it entirely Kurt's fault. Fandom is like that. Nobody in their right mind would hold Blaine blameless here and put it ALL on Kurt, but fangirls are not in their right minds.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 10/9/2012, 10:46 pm

CloveGlee wrote:Let me tell you a story about those podcasts. Last year, when Kurt got those text messages from Chandler, I wrote an article on Hypable called "The Chandler/Sebastian Connection" explaining the similarities between the Sebastian situation and Chandler. A lot of people liked that article, but I got some major hate mail from one particular girl who wrote so often, livid that I stood up for Kurt in this. One of the arguments she used to support her case was "listen to the Podcast."

I am going to guess that this podcast is as one-sided as, well, we are. They have a very strong bias that keeps them from being objective about these things, and the only thing I am inclined to fuss at them for is that they don't realize it. I KNOW I'm biased. I was Team Ross so many years ago, and I KNOW that I've basically changed sides on a similar storyline, although I could debate why it's different if you really wanted me to. But that's why I'm actually trying to be objective where I can, until I really think about "It's Not Right, but It's OK" and my whole world just goes red.

But yes. If Blaine were to run Kurt through with a dagger, some of these girls are going to find a way to make it entirely Kurt's fault. Fandom is like that. Nobody in their right mind would hold Blaine blameless here and put it ALL on Kurt, but fangirls are not in their right minds.

Preach.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/10/2012, 12:30 am

The anger stems from the fact that while the show gave Blaine little character development, they could pretend he was the nicest, best character on Glee. The show let them think he was the "Teenage Dream" The perfect boyfriend who Kurt should be thankful he had. None of these fan who fangirled him genuinely wanted "character development".

A funny thing happened.

"The First time", "Big Brother", "Wanna Dance with Somebody" and now "Breakup" actually show a pattern of an angry, needy and insecure Blaine who has now cheated on the love of his life.

So instead of facing the fact that the show has finally colored his character in shades other then white, they lash out at Kurt as the reason for Blaine's faults. Kurt is too cold, distant, he ignored Blaine, he didn't realize the problems in the relationship, Kurt just takes and poor Blaine just gives, etc, etc, etc.

It's the only way to hold on to their concept that Blaine is indeed the teenage dream.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  elizabethdarcy 10/10/2012, 12:35 am

Jellyrolls wrote:

Welcome, Elizabeth! baibai

Blaine has just always been on such a high pedestal on this show that he can do no wrong. They could probably make him an axe murderer, and his fans will still defend him. Blaine is the Edward Cullen of Glee--the perfect man, loved by everyone, who can do no wrong.
I have never thought of it like that, but what a great analogy. A leading man whose only redeeming quality is his face? Treats his partner like dirt and yet remains arguably the best loved character of the series? Even by the person treating him like dirt. I've never liked Edward, let's hope this show doesn't take their cues from Twilight and choose never to call him up on his misdeeds.
elizabethdarcy
elizabethdarcy
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 10/10/2012, 1:03 am

I do think there will be back pedaling on what actually happened with Blaine and Eli C. Darren said in an interview that it still isn't indicated exactly what happened. I bet by the time that episode comes along, it will be where he went to the room to make out/have sex and backed out. Even when he tells Kurt he "hooked up" with someone. Then not only will the stans be holding a parade, but they will wonder why St. Kurt was upset to begin with. Another reason to just stay here, from the information Kurt is given his reaction is understandable, I just hope they don't gloss over Blaine's part in this by saying Kurt wouldn't take his calls and couldn't explain. That is my fear at this point. But again, ignoring the stans is the key to surviving any backlash. When he is wrong, he is right, and when he is misunderstood, he is more right, and when his explanation is ignored he is so dang right he glows in the dark.

Utterly ignoring the fact that Blaine called someone to make out to begin with, just because he couldn't wait two weeks to make out with his boyfriend. If he had backed out he should have said it there and then, so Kurt would be hurt, but not feel like dying.

Whatever.

I am just hoping with the information he has, he gets to make out with Chase, or somebody else before he finds out everything.

But I could be wrong, perhaps they will really go there with Blaine, and have his actually have sex with nameless dude and deal with the fall out, but considering everything they give Blaine handed on a platter, I am not betting on it. Although, as Buenos stated, they have shown several times before needy and angry Blaine, and this would give them the opening to explore that.

Needless to say, I am ambivalent about all of this.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next