Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread

+11
dap1217
brisallie
Glorfindel
Delight
Ireth
tanita_mors
ColferGirl
mellama
Shinra17
fantastica
Jellyrolls
15 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Shinra17 2/23/2012, 12:12 am

^ The problem with klaine, due to blaine btw, is that you can't be sure if all you see is coming from the writing. In the case of the 2 first examples you're talking about, I've actually noticed it many times in s2, Kurt saying sth quite serious and blaine being there smiling without any reaction related to what kurt is saying. I've always put that on the account of his poor acting.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica 2/23/2012, 1:31 am

brisallie wrote:
fantastica wrote:^ I am pretty sure they need to bring out god squad because dreadlock needs to be in the episode somehow. they are contractually required to give him 7 episodes this season.

That another good theory Kim Razz but we're trying to find a...How can I say it? a deep reason why he went to see the God's squad lol.
glee being "deep"? good luck!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Klaine

Post  Guest 2/23/2012, 1:36 am

Did you notice the look on Kurt/Chris's face when Blaine snapped at him in the auditorium (re Sebby)? It sure wasn't an, "Aw Honey, let me comfort you!" but more like a "You just got on my nerves."
3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr143x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr10
I pretty much thought their scenes last year were more believable (of course there were no girls to flirt with). This year he seems to be trying to play him younger, more self-centered, more naive, and it just doesn't come across for me. I mean the hand holding walk past Quinn seemed more of a token little PDA for the Klainers than anything else and I thought Kurt was walking as fast as he could to get it over with Smile (that's called projecting!)

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/23/2012, 1:41 am

^ that hallway walking scene blaine looks like a little brother, due to his shorter/smaller size. because they walked so fast that hand holding looked more like when big brother grabs the hand of hte younger brother when passing the street sort of thing, rather than a loving couple holding hands walking strolling in the hallway. if you recall kurt holding brittany's hands in Laringitis? if klaine walks like that it would be quite lovely, but this is almost hilarious: I feel like kurt is dragging his little brother to somewhere so he can spank him there, teaching him a lesson.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/23/2012, 2:00 am

I'm still trying to figure out what Kurt is trying to convey with his expressions in those pix - whatever it is, it's not happy. Chris bleed???? Razz Razz Razz Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/23/2012, 2:13 am

blaine was rather annoyed/angry/whatever you call it. so kurt's reaction is perfectly normal. kurt is not an ass kisser like it was written in @Jellyfish's fanfic. tonguue

Correction! I apologize that I made a mistake earlier regarding the writer of "on my way" episode. This one is written by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, the same one who wrote The First Time (he's very good at writing gay storylines). No wonder teh quality is much better than IKAG. Michael Hodgson, Naya's bf, will write 3.16, in which
Spoiler:
. I know it would be strange of Hodgson's episode doesn't feature Brittana heavily. Now I know I was wrong to being with!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 2/23/2012, 7:07 am

fantastica wrote:the way klaine is written - I dont know if it's sloppy writing or is it part of hte characterization - klaine seems to have an issue of communication this season. in TFT at the locker room, kurt told blaine to take down rachel's poster if he sees one, and blaine completely ignores him and starts to talk about something else; in Lima beans when kurt was filling out the application form blaine also seems to be talking about something totally unrelated. they never talk about sebastian (the only two times kurt brought it up blaine turned them down). so kurt may very well not want to talk about Dave w/ blaine either - it may cause unnessary "angst" for blaine. blaine seems to get angry for no reason, so perhaps this is where they are going w/ his characterization.

Blaine had felt somewhat 'off' to me this entire season, and those scenarios you mentioned may have stumbled upon the reason as to why. You're right. Kurt would want to talk about something, but Blaine never seemed to respond in kind. There just isn't any communication between the two that showed that they are a couple. Only exception being TPPP where Blaine transferred to McKinley, and TFT where Klaine was given special focus. We as the audience had to make do with mere loving looks in the choir room between the two of them most of the time. Blaine showed his support for Kurt when Kurt was mailing off his NYADA application, but it was all silent without any conversation. They sang duets together, but not really to each other (one was for a Christmas special TV show, and the other was to Santana, though there was a mention that they sang that song to each other in the car).

The uncharacteristic and unpredictable angry!Blaine reared its head again in the latest episode. It's just confusing to me to watch him sometimes. It's hard to get a feel of Blaine's character. One moment he's shown to be quite antagonistic towards Sebastian for what he had done (the choir room scene, the auditorium scene with his outburst at Kurt, the Lima Bean scene) , and the next, he's happily cheering for Sebastian during the Warblers' performance and was the only person who walked across to Sebastian to shake his hand after the winner was announced. Even Kurt, who didn't show so much open anger against Sebastian at the start of the episode, was more in character and did not appear all that happy about cheering for Sebastian when everyone else was doing so.

Sorry to go off topic with all the Blaine talk. I just feel that the writers had really dropped the ball when it came to fleshing out Klaine, by failing to make Blaine a real character that the audience can relate to.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/23/2012, 8:33 am

Carousel wrote:Did you notice the look on Kurt/Chris's face when Blaine snapped at him in the auditorium (re Sebby)? It sure wasn't an, "Aw Honey, let me comfort you!" but more like a "You just got on my nerves."
3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr143x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr10
I pretty much thought their scenes last year were more believable (of course there were no girls to flirt with). This year he seems to be trying to play him younger, more self-centered, more naive, and it just doesn't come across for me. I mean the hand holding walk past Quinn seemed more of a token little PDA for the Klainers than anything else and I thought Kurt was walking as fast as he could to get it over with Smile (that's called projecting!)

Yes, he does look annoyed, and the second one does look move like Chris than Kurt.

I think the first one is the reaction to the question, "I have a new song. Do you want to hear it?" It's kind of like, "Oh yeah, I'll still and adore you singing AGAIN."

I still need to write my thoughts on that scene on snark and bark.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 2/23/2012, 9:48 am

Yeah, I think the first one is definitely "Let's hear it then, this isn't the first time we've done something like this."

And that pic does look like Chris. I like how Chris is portraying Kurt as not some smitten boy.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/23/2012, 12:12 pm

Carousel wrote:Did you notice the look on Kurt/Chris's face when Blaine snapped at him in the auditorium (re Sebby)? It sure wasn't an, "Aw Honey, let me comfort you!" but more like a "You just got on my nerves."

Yeah I saw that too. He wanted to talk something seriously but instead Blaine decided to sing a song dryy I'm sure he got upset because of it but didn't said anything. But as Kim said, the writers are avoiding to write a deeper scene between them because the lack of acting of Darren umm.

glee being "deep"? good luck!

Kim, let me dream please Razz

...The uncharacteristic and unpredictable angry!Blaine reared its head again in the latest episode. It's just confusing to me to watch him sometimes. It's hard to get a feel of Blaine's character. One moment he's shown to be quite antagonistic towards Sebastian for what he had done (the choir room scene, the auditorium scene with his outburst at Kurt, the Lima Bean scene) , and the next, he's happily cheering for Sebastian during the Warblers' performance and was the only person who walked across to Sebastian to shake his hand after the winner was announced. Even Kurt, who didn't show so much open anger against Sebastian at the start of the episode, was more in character and did not appear all that happy about cheering for Sebastian when everyone else was doing so...

OT: Is he bipolar or moody or what???
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/23/2012, 2:48 pm

^ just an idiot. Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dap1217 2/23/2012, 4:46 pm

My thoughts about 314:

Why no one tells Kurt Dave's suicide is not his fault except Dave?
I can't even with this show's victim blaming.Those adults thought they were too hard to Karofsky?Are they serious?What did they do?I only see they let go his every bad behaviour.
I find that I only like Finn and Rachel when they are not around each other.
I don't believe Sebastian's sudden change,but I guess that's GG poor acting.
The hospital scene is so good I think we don't need to mention it,that's a given.
Who says Blaine has no stable personality?At least he has habbit yelling at innocent people before competition and keeping telling us Sebastian means nothing to him then keeping talking to him.
So be perared for Seblaine happening in S4.

dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/23/2012, 5:26 pm

^ even if they did have someone tell him that it's not his fault, it would be cut. so many things were cut. not only Quinn-rachel scene, but also dave's father finding dave and dave waking up in his arms part (we only see like half a second of it). they should just make the whole episode about this arc. otherwise there will be plenty of "why don't they this and that" questions from us.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dap1217 2/23/2012, 5:31 pm

fantastica wrote:^ even if they did have someone tell him that it's not his fault, it would be cut. so many things were cut. not only Quinn-rachel scene, but also dave's father finding dave and dave waking up in his arms part (we only see like half a second of it). they should just make the whole episode about this arc. otherwise there will be plenty of "why don't they this and that" questions from us.

Yeah,you're right.I'm not even mad.TBH,I petty much at the point quiting the show.Only be there for Chris,tho.
dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 2/23/2012, 5:36 pm

dap1217 wrote:My thoughts about 314:

I can't even with this show's victim blaming.Those adults thought they were too hard to Karofsky?Are they serious?What did they do?I only see they let go his every bad behaviour.

Ugh, this really bothered me too. None of the adults did nearly enough when Dave was bullying Kurt last season. They should have been even harder on him, made a no-bullying policy and enforced it or something. But nothing. And when they did do something, the school board overruled them, and Kurt had to leave because he was so afraid and downtrodden. I also hate when Mr. Schue said that they thought Dave was going to hurt Kurt. He DID hurt Kurt. He did. Physically, emotionally, all of it. That scene really bothered me. dryy

Also, it's such a missed opportunity that not a single person in ND really reacted at all to Karofsky being gay, and connected the dots to what that might mean about his bullying of Kurt last season. I always wanted someone to find out about that kiss, preferably Finn or Burt, at least someone, and for the truth to come out and something to be done about it. Any reaction at all would have been nice. But we didn't get anything, especially not last season - a plot like that would have been much better than Santana's cheap ploy to get Kurt back for her own gain. *sigh*
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/23/2012, 5:44 pm

victim blaming is a natural consequence when something bad happens. in real life people look at the school officials, teachers, family members, friends, neighbors, anybody for clues that something could have done to prevent tragedy from happening. in a way it's a healthy process - it allows us to reflect on our actions and hopefully to be more aware of what's going on around us, so we can make a corrective course and prevent something like this from happening. It's not so much about assigning blames, but it's teh first step toward future actions to remedy the situation.

now on the show, it's all about making chris cry and so he can have an emotional scene w/ dave and help him out. I'm all for it.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/23/2012, 5:46 pm

fantastica wrote:^ even if they did have someone tell him that it's not his fault, it would be cut. so many things were cut. not only Quinn-rachel scene, but also dave's father finding dave and dave waking up in his arms part (we only see like half a second of it). they should just make the whole episode about this arc. otherwise there will be plenty of "why don't they this and that" questions from us.
At first, I was like: why is she late, she just talked to Rachel, and klaine were passing by, apparently not prepared for the wedding neither??? Why all the others girls had time to prepare and not her lol.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/23/2012, 5:48 pm

^ they could have cut out half of hte warbler number during hte sectionals to allow more complete storytelling. yeah that was weird too. it felt liek the whole car crash thing was very forced.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/23/2012, 6:34 pm

Shinra17 wrote:...
At first, I was like: why is she late, she just talked to Rachel, and klaine were passing by, apparently not prepared for the wedding neither??? Why all the others girls had time to prepare and not her lol.[/

About that scene: Usually the competion is on the morning? Because it seems the wedding was the same day but after 4 o'clock. I'm still upset because they cut some scenes dryy , they should have cut warbler scene to the half. BUT is glee and we should get used to the incoherence lol
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/23/2012, 8:32 pm

Shinra17 wrote:
At first, I was like: why is she late, she just talked to Rachel, and klaine were passing by, apparently not prepared for the wedding neither??? Why all the others girls had time to prepare and not her lol.

I'd like to know how they managed to get bridesmaid dresses for them all so quickly. Didn't they announce they were getting married that day the same day? hehe.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/24/2012, 2:30 am

Jellyrolls wrote:

I'd like to know how they managed to get bridesmaid dresses for them all so quickly. Didn't they announce they were getting married that day the same day? hehe.

Probably they bought the dresses the day before or sent their parents to bought them Razz but How they knew the size of each of them?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 2/24/2012, 4:35 am

brisallie wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:

Probably they bought the dresses the day before or sent their parents to bought them Razz but How they knew the size of each of them?

Snerky answer. These were the dresses they would have worn to the Nationals showcase if they'd made the Top Ten.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty More thoughts on episode 3x14

Post  Delight 2/24/2012, 5:28 am

Cross-posting here from Glee Forum.

I wanted to find something happy and positive to say about the latest episode, but I'm finding it nearly impossible to do so. The subject matter of teen suicide is just too sensitive and serious, and Quinn's uncertain fate at the end of the episode brought the angst factor up to a whole new level.

I just want to comment that the methods the writer used to enhance the tragedy of Quinn's accident are a bit too obvious and heavy-handed. In the episode, we have: (1) Sue restoring Quinn's much coveted position as a Cheerio, (2) the firing up the Faberry friendship until it's almost incandescent (3) the display of a much reformed and mature girl who is finally at peace with herself and who has a bright future in Yale. Sometimes, when a story tries too hard to manipulate my emotions, it backfires, and I refuse to feel what the writer intended for the audience to feel. That is why, the cliffhanger doesn't 'freak me out' all that much. If this is Glee's way to write Dianna off the show, I can accept that easily.

I find that the Kurt and Karofsky storyline is probably the only good and memorable thing about the whole episode. That, and also Hiram Berry's fail-y schemes to stop the premature Hudson-Hummel-Berry union (which involved feminine wiles, Barbara Streisand and fake epilepsy).

But with regards to the suicide storyline, I find that Glee once again made the same mistake it did with 'Furt' and 'IKAG'. The topic of suicide has been sensitively handled for the most part, so I'm not referring to that. I'm referring to the aspect where all of a sudden, one character gets a lot of focus and loving attention from the entire Glee club when nothing in the previous episodes indicated that these people even cared all that much about the character. I mean, Kurt was probably the only person in the club who had any contact with Karofsky after he switched schools. And shouldn't the Glee club members still have lingering resentment over how Karofsky had treated Kurt the year before? When did Karofsky suddenly become everyone's best friend, whose attempt at suicide prompted much praying, debate and soul-searching? And then we have Will using that incident to launch his own 'It gets better' campaign and he is not above dredging up a dark, dark moment of his life to teach a life lession to the Glee kids. I don't know. Something about the whole set up feels a bit forced to me. If Karofsky was actually a ND member at one point in time, everyone's reactions would probably have been more believable.

Ah, the hospital scene. No words to describe it. It's always a pleasure to watch two strong actors working together to create on-screen magic. Yes, Chris. We wish you would work with Max all day if you could too. All year too, if it's not too much to ask.

But I'll be honest here and say that I was secretly hoping for more twisted drama in the Kurt-Karofsky dynamic (Yes, I admit that I'm a strange, strange person with a twisted mind sometimes). I actually find their interaction at Breadstix in the previous episode more compelling to watch, because of Karofsky's misguided love/obsession and Kurt's obvious discomfort (and maybe even some underlying fear) when he turned down Karofsky gently. Karofsky could have been portrayed as someone who knowingly manipulated Kurt's compassion and sense of guilt and used his self-harm attempt as a way to get Kurt to re-establish a relationship between them. But it's obvious that Glee was not going for that kind of storyline at all. Karofsky was in a genuine place of pain and despair when he made that suicide attempt, and he did look like he was content with only Kurt's friendship and wouldn't push for anything more, given their complicated history.

Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/24/2012, 12:17 pm

Delight wrote:Cross-posting here from Glee Forum.

I wanted to find something happy and positive to say about the latest episode, but I'm finding it nearly impossible to do so. The subject matter of teen suicide is just too sensitive and serious, and Quinn's uncertain fate at the end of the episode brought the angst factor up to a whole new level.

I just want to comment that the methods the writer used to enhance the tragedy of Quinn's accident are a bit too obvious and heavy-handed. In the episode, we have: (1) Sue restoring Quinn's much coveted position as a Cheerio, (2) the firing up the Faberry friendship until it's almost incandescent (3) the display of a much reformed and mature girl who is finally at peace with herself and who has a bright future in Yale. Sometimes, when a story tries too hard to manipulate my emotions, it backfires, and I refuse to feel what the writer intended for the audience to feel. That is why, the cliffhanger doesn't 'freak me out' all that much. If this is Glee's way to write Dianna off the show, I can accept that easily.

I find that the Kurt and Karofsky storyline is probably the only good and memorable thing about the whole episode. That, and also Hiram Berry's fail-y schemes to stop the premature Hudson-Hummel-Berry union (which involved feminine wiles, Barbara Streisand and fake epilepsy).

But with regards to the suicide storyline, I find that Glee once again made the same mistake it did with 'Furt' and 'IKAG'. The topic of suicide has been sensitively handled for the most part, so I'm not referring to that. I'm referring to the aspect where all of a sudden, one character gets a lot of focus and loving attention from the entire Glee club when nothing in the previous episodes indicated that these people even cared all that much about the character. I mean, Kurt was probably the only person in the club who had any contact with Karofsky after he switched schools. And shouldn't the Glee club members still have lingering resentment over how Karofsky had treated Kurt the year before? When did Karofsky suddenly become everyone's best friend, whose attempt at suicide prompted much praying, debate and soul-searching? And then we have Will using that incident to launch his own 'It gets better' campaign and he is not above dredging up a dark, dark moment of his life to teach a life lession to the Glee kids. I don't know. Something about the whole set up feels a bit forced to me. If Karofsky was actually a ND member at one point in time, everyone's reactions would probably have been more believable.

Ah, the hospital scene. No words to describe it. It's always a pleasure to watch two strong actors working together to create on-screen magic. Yes, Chris. We wish you would work with Max all day if you could too. All year too, if it's not too much to ask.

But I'll be honest here and say that I was secretly hoping for more twisted drama in the Kurt-Karofsky dynamic (Yes, I admit that I'm a strange, strange person with a twisted mind sometimes). I actually find their interaction at Breadstix in the previous episode more compelling to watch, because of Karofsky's misguided love/obsession and Kurt's obvious discomfort (and maybe even some underlying fear) when he turned down Karofsky gently. Karofsky could have been portrayed as someone who knowingly manipulated Kurt's compassion and sense of guilt and used his self-harm attempt as a way to get Kurt to re-establish a relationship between them. But it's obvious that Glee was not going for that kind of storyline at all. Karofsky was in a genuine place of pain and despair when he made that suicide attempt, and he did look like he was content with only Kurt's friendship and wouldn't push for anything more, given their complicated history.

I feel the same. I was also surprised that Figgins learn the news so quickly, since Karofsky was no more a student of McKinley.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/24/2012, 12:28 pm

One thing to remember is that most of the glee guys played on the football team with Karofsky, so even though there was animosity between them, there is still that connection.

Also, when something like a suicide attempt happens, it does have an affect on a community as a whole, not just the people directly involved. Most people will feel compassion towards someone they don't know or particularly like in a situation like that. It's one of those things that hits home when it happens within your community--even if you don't have a strong connection with the person. It opens a dialog. It makes people wonder if it could have been them or their friends. So while none of them had any contact with Karofsky after he left McKinley, to them, it wouldn't be just another teen suicide attempt. It was someone they knew, and that would impact them.

I'm glad that they did this storyline with a fringe character instead of a main character because they touched upon it without causing damage to any of the regulars.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next