Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread

+11
dap1217
brisallie
Glorfindel
Delight
Ireth
tanita_mors
ColferGirl
mellama
Shinra17
fantastica
Jellyrolls
15 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Guest 2/22/2012, 2:46 am

fantastica wrote:3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_lzs2l2mIbl1r3tr12o1_500

^ that's exactly how I looked when I watched this scene, except I am not that pretty. crycry

and neither of you will match MY FIGGY

Back to top Go down

3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  mellama 2/22/2012, 2:52 am

fantastica wrote:I don't have this issue w/ god squad. I dont view it as Kurt wavering his faith (or more acurately, lack of it). He simply wants to "pray" for Dave and have a roomful of ears to listen to him. I am an athiest myself and when it comes to my loved ones dying or something like that, I prayed too - not to a deity, for for my loved one in peace, and for my own strength and courage. one can be spiritual without believing God. For me I simply substitute god w/ my own will.

I think it was Kurt's comment that he didn't have anywhere else to go that I found so incongruent. Other than that the scene worked beautifully, IMO.

fantastica wrote:I knew they would make Kurt feel guilty for Dave's suicide - it would be only way to make chris so much in this episode. it makes narative sense too because Dave desperately seeked help before he hanged himself - he reached out to the only person who would not judge him for who he is. it's also very relevent message wise because a lot of youth show signs of distress and attemped to reach out before attemping suicides, but a lot of times they get ignored. only if people around them are more attentative to these signals ... but here it's not really Kurt's fault (thank god!). kurt didn't want to answer his phone because he though Dave wanted to date him. He was just mistaken. anyway hte hospital scene is extremely moving and satifying. both actors acted the hell out of the scene. it's not just pretty crying. last episode Shane was crying, and it was god aweful because I feel like they just put glycerin on his face. when chris and max cried, you can feel the pain behind those tears. gosh writing this make me tear up again. excuse me for a second...

Sending you virtual hugs. ((()))

It did make narrative sense for Kurt to feel guilt. It doesn't mean that the feeling is justified, but it's a fairly common reaction on the part of those who know someone who's attempted suicide. Especially someone who's as caring and sensitive as Kurt is. I surely hope Burt and he have a heart to heart or few about this. And it would be lovely if Blaine were there for him, too. And it might behoove Will, Sue, and Emma to reach out and/or make themselves available to Kurt and the other students.

I have been hoping for the development of a LGBT group at WMHS or in the Lima community since last season. I had looked for it as part of Kurt's school election campaign or as part of Burt's political campaign. I will just about forgive them for dealing with such a sensitive subject as suicide if they spend time working with this story line and show people how to get and give help. They seriously better not resolve this superficially. A commercial telling about the Trevor project just isn't enough. If they are going to leave satire to send serious messages, they better do it well.

mellama
mellama
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/22/2012, 3:00 am

I am looking for AE recap tomorrow to explode w/ comments. this is what a lot of LGBT community ask for, and they are getting it. Kudos for Glee for being a champion for this community despite the negative social pressure it gets. Glee may not be a great show, but it does a lot of good, and to me that's a show worth watching (as long as Chris is in it).
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mellama 2/22/2012, 3:31 am

ColferGirl wrote:I liked the episode a lot more than I thought I would, even if as a part of the online fandom and a spoiler junkie, nothing actually surprised me.

Chris's scenes were phenomenal, especially the one in the hospital with Dave. It amazes me just how good he is. Seeing Kurt cry is like being emotionally punched in the gut. I loved every second of it, I can't wait to watch the hospital scene and the God Squad scene again, they were so so good. Even if my heart broke that Kurt blamed himself, like I feared he would. I'm glad Karofsky didn't try and place any blame on him, tried to make him see that he had nothing to feel guilt for. And the "close your eyes, imagine when you're happy however many years from now" part was so sweet.

I don't love Dave, but I did feel really bad for him during the Cough Syrup montage. I can't not feel bad when I see someone hurting that much, even if he made Kurt feel similarly horrible last season. No one deserves to feel so hurt and hated that they can't live anymore....I'm glad that he lived, and that hopefully his Dad is supportive (I know he said his mom wasn't). I'm also glad that Dave himself didn't forget how terrible he was to Kurt, and said so in the hospital scene, and pointed out how he couldn't take a week's worth of the suffering Kurt endured for months. It just highlights what an incredible kid Kurt is; he's so emotionally vulnerable, with his heart on his sleeve and cries so easily, and yet he's so strong too. I love Kurt so much.

I think this SL may earn Dave redemption. Many could not forgive as easily as Kurt did earlier, but I think now most would agree that Dave has paid for his earlier abuse. He truly understands what he did to Kurt and he does fully and genuinely regret it.

That's doesn't change the fact that he needs therapy. I can't even begin to express my outrage at his mother and the damage her kind of attitude causes. Even more, I feel outrage and sadness that this kind of attitude exists IRL, that Dave's situation is reality for many.

I certainly hope they will keep Dave romance free for a long time, until he deals with his issues. And I hope he never, ever has a romantic involvement with Kurt. I think it would be possible for them to be friends. Not BFF, but friends in a larger group.

I thought both actors were superlative. They do have fabulous acting chemistry together.

ColferGirl wrote:I loved the scene with Burt, Carole, and the Berrys. It was hilarious. The Barbara part was awesome, and so was their plans to stop the wedding. If anyone gets a screenshot, I know Blaine was in the room with the bridesmaids like Kurt, but did he have a bridesmaid bouquet like Kurt did, or was he technically one of the best men and just sitting there with them (before the ceremony started)? It doesn't matter either way, I'm just curious, and I couldn't tell the first time I watched it.

The Regionals performances were underwhelming, although all of ND's songs are warming up to me. Still hate the Warbler ones and hope this is the last we'll see of them this season. Also, I disliked Sebastian's 180 degree turn. It was too sudden, too soon, didn't feel real enough to me. But hopefully this means he will stay the heck away now. Also, I'm irritated that he didn't apologize to Kurt for trying to hurt HIM with that slushie along with Blaine, since he was the original intendent, and also no apology for his treatment of Kurt whatsoever. :angry:

What else...the Sue plot is strange, BUT. Hearing her tell Will that she wants to help him win Nationals gives me the faint hope that maybe the continuity phoenix will rise from the ashes, and she'll remember it was one Kurt Hummel and a 14 minute french Celine Dion medley that won her Nationals two years ago, and if he did it once, he can do it again. Wink

mellama wrote:

Chris is an incredible actor portraying a sensitive and loving character. He always brings me to tears, too.

But I was a little taken aback with the God Squad scene for a couple of reasons.

As an agnostic, I really, really hope they keep him an open thinker. I think it fits his fiercely independent persona and would hate to see that ret conned. I love that a character is presented as deeply moral and compassionate without being religious. (I realize this comment may take me into iffy territory and am willing to not go there if others prefer. On the other hand, I'm also willing to agree to disagree in a friendly manner. )

Even more dissonant to me was the premise that he had nowhere else to go to talk about his feelings. Really? Not with Blaine?!? It's bad enough they don't let them have meaningful conversations on the show. But now they're establishing in canon that they don't have meaningingful conversations off screen. How can they have any kind of meaningful relationship and Blaine not be the first person Kurt turns to?

Or Burt. Really? The perfect dad who Kurt discusses everything with, who is always supportive and understanding and who'll always be there for his son?

Kurt's scene should have happened. But I think the God squad would be about the last place Kurt would go to have that discussion. JMO.

This is just how I interpreted the God Squad scene, but...

I think it wasn't so much that Kurt wanted to look to God, or was feeling religious. Nor were they trying to imply that Burt or Blaine were people Kurt can't turn to when he needs comfort or help.

But in this situation, I think Burt and Blaine were the wrong choices because of how dearly much they love Kurt, and especially if they know the full truth about what Karofsky did to him. If Kurt went to them with his guilt and his depression over what happened to Karofsky, they might tell him it wasn't his fault and that he's stupid for feeling bad at all, or to screw Karofsky because of everything he did in the past, or so on. And at that moment, that's not what Kurt wanted to hear (even if that first part, it not being his fault, is 100% true). I think Kurt went to the God Squad because he needed someone to listen to him and be there for him, but to also be more impartial, to be less involved in what had happened to Kurt and how those past actions should affect how Kurt reacts now. Kurt probably wanted someone to listen who wouldn't immediately brush aside what he perceived to be his responsibility. People who'd let him mourn the way that he needed at the time, and not just comfort him out right - to let him find an outlet for that guilt and sadness without trying to immediately extinguish it. I hope this makes sense....it probably doesn't. unsure

This totally makes sense to me. But then, you usually do. Smile I almost always agree with your posts.
mellama
mellama
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty a fun gif

Post  fantastica 2/22/2012, 3:47 am

look at Lea too: Razz
3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_lzrwonaFag1qfvij1o1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty max interview related to Kurt

Post  fantastica 2/22/2012, 3:50 am

TVLINE | Do you think part of Karofsky dreams of a future with Kurt?
No. I never thought Karofsky lusted after Kurt. I never saw it as sexual; I always saw it as a yearning for a genuine human connection. Karofsky’s whole life has kind of been playing this role and being what everyone wants him to be and tells him to be. But [then] he sees Kurt as a beacon of hope — somebody that can truly be who they are, say what they want to say, feel what they want to feel, and not really care what society has to say about it. And I think that’s such an admirable trait. Karofsky finds that so incredible and has such respect for Kurt. I think that’s what it’s been; I don’t think he imagines this life-long love with Kurt. I think there is a true friendship there. Kurt really is the guy that helps Karofsky see the light and brings him out of his darkness.

TVLINE | There are some fans who prefer Kurt with Karofsky instead of Blaine. Is it your understanding that that isn’t going to happen?
That is my understanding. I think there’s been too much history between the two of them to just completely forget about that and start a full-fledged romance. I think at this point, Karofsky is still dealing with his own struggles and his own identity and is not really stable or healthy enough to jump into a real relationship. I think at this point, Kurt is just an incredible friend, and in a way, a mentor for Karofsky. And I think at this point in their lives, Kurt is just an incredible friend that Karofsky truly needs. And my analogy in reading the script is picturing Karofsky hanging off a cliff by a really thin rope, and Kurt is the only one that is hanging onto him to bring him out from the depths of that.

TVLINE | How big a role will you be playing on the show moving forward?
I won’t be in the next episode after that, but as for the future? There’s [noting certain]. I would love to portray this character the rest of my life. It’s an incredible experience and I’ve learned so much. It’s just been a complete dream to have this opportunity. But as far as actually knowing what’s happening down the road? I don’t know; we’ll just have to see what happens.

http://www.tvline.com/2012/02/glee-max-adler-season-3-karofsky/
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty another screen gif

Post  fantastica 2/22/2012, 3:54 am

3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_lzruhyedN31qjzxpgo1_500

-blaine looks like a little brother whose big brother kurt is holding his hands and drags him to the whatever place (he looks especially short and small here).
-blaine to Quinn "looking good!"

Last edited by fantastica on 2/22/2012, 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mellama 2/22/2012, 3:56 am

Carousel wrote:
fantastica wrote:3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_lzs2l2mIbl1r3tr12o1_500

^ that's exactly how I looked when I watched this scene, except I am not that pretty. crycry

and neither of you will match MY FIGGY

Laughing I was thinking of you when Figgy was dreamily listening to the Madrigal group. Laughing The Golden Goblets. Someone knows that many Gleeks are HP fans.

I'm so glad I was invited to join this forum. This has been great fun. But it's getting late and I need to get some sleep. So, ' night all.

Last edited by mellama on 2/22/2012, 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total
mellama
mellama
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/22/2012, 3:58 am

^ for someone who loves classical music and operatic singing, I actually hope the GG get a second place at least. however, they probably just stood there singing, no dancing, thus the 3rd place.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/22/2012, 6:32 am

So, the most shocking Glee ever. We guessed every single plot line people. But I have to say even with all the Quinn foreshadowing in the episode, if you weren't spoiled about a potential accident, that car sure came on had and fast. Great ending.

The Regionals were like a freaking passing thought in this one. ND had too many songs IMO. I would have cut that Rachel solo completely. It was pointless and I wanted to wring her neck with all the Finchel love. We get it, you love him, but get a grip girl. The other two ND numbers were OK, but I hated the rapping (I though this was a show choir competition, so why in the hell was there rapping in the first place). I would have had them loss to be honest. That set list was hardly winning material, but what can you do.

PRAY CIRCLE FOR A KURT"S NATIONALS SOLO OR A HUMELLBERRY DUET. DELIVER IT SHOW. COME ON !!!!!!

Sebastian's turnaround - I can buy it, but it happened too fast. Obviously he knew Dave from Scandals and made fun of him. Not so funny now when the guy you tell to get back in the closet for not being your ideal man, gets outed in school and tries to commit suicide. I wonder if they are going to continue with the triangle possibility now. But loved it that Kurt hasn't exactly forgiven him anything. Good boy Kurt.

I wish DC would stop mugging and overacting when singing already. His vocal on CS was good, but the visual was terrible and it was ruining the whole scene with Karofsky, which on it's own was excellent. Some fantastic physical and facial acting by Max.

They were so heavy handed tonight with the message. I was disappointed by the professors, who were all so surprised with what happened. They could have and should have done more and it was pungent that Sue was the only one who connected what happened with Dave to Kurt. She finally got what he was hiding from her. The God squad scene was unbearable in it's preachyness until Kurt came in broth the necessary energy. Great work by Chris here, because everyone else was far to inactive in the scene, just saying their lines with out any emotion behind it. I do want more Kurt/Quinn interaction. They work well together. I don't think any of them is right of wrong. What you go through in life defines you and your obstacles and voes will always seam more difficult them those others face. For Quinn hers were the hardest, for Kurt who knows what is like to be in Karofsky's shoes and in that dark place naturally sympathise with him more.

And I love that short scene where you see Kurt turning Dave's calls/messages down and ignoring him. No wonder he felt responsible. Not that he is responsible, because what a person does is their own decision, but I can completely see how he felt guilty for not retuning those calls.

Sue and baby. We'll see. I feel it won't end well, but this hormonal Sue, this blend we are now getting for a few episodes (ever since Yes/No) is working for me. I feel they finally know how to write her without making her too cartoonish.

Finchel weeding - no effing comment. But he did see the bride before the weeding. That's bad luck, right ? Love the way the parents were freaking out at the event. They allowed it to come to that and now didn't know how to stop. Would have loved to see them try that Barbara/Broadway-vention on Rachel. And so happy that even though Kurt is there, he is still protesting and against the weeding. Listen to the boy Rachel, that weeding dress is timeless, way for another 5-10 years.

The Kurt and Dave scene was fantastic. Honest and true and with just enough of a kick to make it meaningful but not so much after school special for me. I also loved it when Dave said to Kurt that he is so much stronger then him. He lived with that bulling for months maybe even years, while Dave couldn't make it a week without doing something extreme. That future flash was great and thank God one of the writers remembered that Burt won an election this year.

Ok, that's all for now. Maybe more later after the episode settles in my mind and I get to look it again.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/22/2012, 8:47 am

fantastica wrote:3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_lzruhyedN31qjzxpgo1_500

-blaine looks like a little brother whose big brother kurt is holding his hands and drags him to the whatever place (he looks especially short and small here).
-blaine to Quinn "looking good!"

The angle of this makes Kurt look about a foot taller than Blaine. LOL.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 2/22/2012, 9:23 am

Finally watched the episode, and although I felt like I knew most of what was going to happen, it really impacted me. Chris and Max were both fantastic.

I really loved that scene with the peanut butter, it was very touching. I didn't really like the scene in Figgins' office (sorry Carrie, nothing against your man coool ), though Sue and Emma were good then. (Are there any other teachers in this school? Rolling Eyes )

This was the only way Sebastian's redemption could be believable, but I think once his guilt wears off, he's going to be back to his slimey ways (maybe tamer, though). I'm proud of Kurt for not trusting Sebastian completely.

Poor Quinn, but if anything good comes out of her accident, I hope it's disrupting (and hence ending) the Finchel wedding.

And the lack of communication between Kurt and Blaine really struck me this episode. But that's completely expected now. As an atheist myself, I didn't really mind Kurt turning to the God Squad. It's not like he was there to pray, he was there to be with the people who were possibly the only ones doing something about Karofsky. But I can't help wondering, where was Blaine in all this? I don't want too much screentime for Blaine, but I feel he could have been shown being supportive in this episode.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/22/2012, 10:56 am

I have a few more thoughts after rewatching some of the scenes this morning.

1. They missed (or avoided) another opportunity for Klaine to have a real discussion yet again. It's really becoming Blaine canon for him to avoid confrontation and/or discussion when it comes to anything that might be a thread to Klaine happiness. The whole transition from Kurt saying "Are you all right?" to "I have a song to nationals" was just odd (I'll save more on this one for the snark and bark thread tonight or tomorrow after more of our friends have the chance to see the episode).

2. Regarding Kurt not feeling that he didn't have any place else to go than to go talk to the God Squad: Kurt does have a history of holding things in to avoid hurting or upsetting the ones he loves. Kurt has a history of internalizing things (think back to how much he held in during the bullying arc). Bert and Blaine are the two most important people in Kurt's life. It is not outside the realm of possibilty for him to not mention Dave asking him out to Blaine and Bert. It seems a bit odd that he would approach Joe to talk when the other members of the God Squad are closer to him. But then again, sometimes it's easier to unload and vent to someone who is less connected to the situation and they needed to put Joe in a scene to get him in an episode so they can fulfill the seven episode commitment

3. I didn't notice it at first, but Kurt was wearing the Cough Syrup outfit in the Karofsky phone call episode, which implies to me that Dave tried to reach out to Kurt pretty close to the suicide attempt. That really adds a dimension to Kurt's guilt and feeling responsible--the if I had just answered his call, maybe this wouldn't have happened mentality.

4. I'm kind of glad that the Quinn accident happened as the result of her texting while driving. I know a lot of people don't like it when Glee gets too preachy, but I think the texting and driving thing is an important issue right now (speaking as someone who came inches away from being road pizza last week by a high school girl who was texting and driving quite similarly to the way Quinn was). I don't think think they need to make it a big teaching issue--but I hope it opens doors for parents to talk to their kids about how taking focus away from the road for even just a couple of seconds while you are driving can change everything.

I'm sure I'll have more thoughts later Smile
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 2/22/2012, 11:20 am

I'm basically going the put the same post here as I did in the other Glee forum for now. I'm not one who can handle multiple different posts a day tonguue

Just finished watching the Regionals episode a few minutes ago. I'll have to digest this one a bit more before I can comment more on it.

I may sound like a hopelessly biased Kurtsie here, but I feel that the only storyline worth watching in the latest episode is the Karofsky's attempted suicide and Kurt's guilt (from ignoring Karofsky's calls) and ultimate decision to help a friend in need.

Blaine should take notes. This is how you should behave towards a guy who expressed a romantic (or carnal) interest in you when you're already in a relationship with someone else. You IGNORE them. Though, in this instance, Kurt's decision to do this to Karofsky ended up causing himself pain.

I think the episode would flow better if they didn't have that 5-song medley lasting 14 minutes smack in the middle of all that serious storyline. I mean, it's a bit jarring to see every ND member smiling and jumping up and down with joy over their win at Regionals, in between scenes where they all feel sad and sorry about Karofsky and Kurt having that emotionally heavy scene with Karofsky in the hospital afterwards. I think better editing would go a long way to make this a better episode.

The competition songs take up too much time; they should've cut out maybe a song or two to leave more time for the important stuff... like plot. And yes, I agree the songs are all kinda lackluster and I was very tempted to fast-forward through it all. The only reason why I didn't do it was because I did't want to miss any of the audience reaction shots (especially those of Kurt's and the Berry dads').

But one thing that struck me early on in the episode, and which is relevant to what we had been discussing earlier in this thread, is that the show is determined not to show any meaningful conversations between Kurt and Blaine. I can't believe the script had Blaine cutting Kurt off abruptly in the middle of his attempt to bring up Sebastian and talk about him; and went straight to Blaine singing a song to Kurt instead (The lyrics of which may be relevant to the Karofsky scenes, but not really suitable for a song sung to Kurt by his boyfriend). I mean, seriously? Really, Glee?

Also, I'm amused by the meta shown by Tina's wish of 'I just want a song'. Yes, Tina fans, you have been heard. But Tina, didn't you sing 'ABC' in Sectionals?

Even Brittany gets more lines of singing than Kurt in the competition. This is just too depressing for words.

Sorry for being such a downer. I need to get the negative stuff out of the way first before I can look for the positive stuff in the episode to write about.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/22/2012, 12:25 pm

I think Tina saying, "I just want a song" was one of the best parts of the show. I was howling.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/22/2012, 1:19 pm

I'm still processing.

Very short impressions:
- The pacing of the episode was very, very off.
- A major and dramatic storyline like Karofsky should not have been in a competition episode and a cliffhanger heavy winter Finale.
- That being said: they handled that storyline well, and Chris nailed it (and Max too). But I really have to process this more to be able to comment on it. Thank God we have a hiatus coming up. It's enough for now.
- Loved the scene of Cough Syrup, the Karofsky part. Dislike Blaine's faces. It would have been beter if they just had him stand still and sing. Or even better: let Kurt sing this song. It would have suited much better.
- Hate that Kurt and Blaine didn't get to talk. Stupid RIB+.
- Hate that Kurt turned to the God-squad to talk about Karofsky, instead of Blaine, Finn, Rachel or Burt.
- Loved the way the adults responded, especially Sue and Emma. Kinda liked Will's story, but it felt contrived, just like Blaine's Sadie Hawkin's dance was contrived. But it was a beautiful scene anyway: the future wishes.
- And of course: they retconned Sebastian. At least it was for a good reason. But still: DNW. Wonder how Blaine fans will react when Sebastian and Blaine become boyfriends in season 4. Another bully/victim story or will the rock salt slushy be forgotten?
- RIB+ have really given up caring for the competitions, haven't they?
- The competition felt like nothing. The boys weren't even involved in 2 of the 3 songs. This was sh*t: the songs, the dancing, the stupid TT, the solo being at the end, and the non-involvement of half of ND.
- The Warblers should have won.
- Really don't care for the Finchel wedding. And Finn and Rachel are 2 of my most favorite characters, and I love the Berry dads and the Hudmels. But this is just nothing, not appealing at all.
- Quinn's accident made me furious. It was such a soap drama, and so contrived as a cliffhanger. After a sensitive story like gay suicide, this scene felt like Glee was the truck and it ran over my already stressed feelings, and only to create some cheap cliffhanger sensation. It cheapened the suicide story, imo.

There's a great recap that expresses my feelings about this episode perfectly:
http://www.avclub.com/articles/on-my-way,69570/?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=feeds&utm_source=channel_tv

I'll talk about Kurt and Karofsky another time.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/22/2012, 2:22 pm

Hi guys :( still shocking about last night episode. Despite I don't like when Kurt is suffering, there's no doubt his scenes , specially the one with Karofsky makes me feel SO EMOTIONAL 😢

This question is about Glee itself: Anyone is feeling that's not a comedy anymore? :huh:

- And of course: they retconned Sebastian. At least it was for a good reason. But still: DNW. Wonder how Blaine fans will react when Sebastian and Blaine become boyfriends in season 4. Another bully/victim story or will the rock salt slushy be forgotten?

Still not sure about Sebastian's attitude, I mean he did the right thing, he couldn't be a heartless person but deeply I'm thinking he will be again the jerk that everybody have seen.

About the competion, I only liked the first performance from ND.

Hate that Kurt turned to the God-squad to talk about Karofsky, instead of Blaine, Finn, Rachel or Burt.

Actually I wanted to know what do you think that Kurt went to the God's squad for supporting? For me is ok if anybody offers me their help, not mattering their religious if it comes from the heart but If something so delicate like suicide happen in my life or someone closer to my life, I would go first with my family!

I think Tina saying, "I just want a song" was one of the best parts of the show. I was howling.
It was hilarious and ironically at the same time ptdr

They missed (or avoided) another opportunity for Klaine to have a real discussion yet again. It's really becoming Blaine canon for him to avoid confrontation and/or discussion when it comes to anything that might be a thread to Klaine happiness...

The day Klaine will have a real discussion I'll be faint because of the SHOCK ohmy Razz

Last edited by brisallie on 2/22/2012, 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : so many things to comment)
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 2/22/2012, 2:49 pm

3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_lzs2l2mIbl1r3tr12o1_500

I can't get enough of this gif. He was so beautiful in this scene, and ethereal. wub

Delight wrote:
I may sound like a hopelessly biased Kurtsie here, but I feel that the only storyline worth watching in the latest episode is the Karofsky's attempted suicide and Kurt's guilt (from ignoring Karofsky's calls) and ultimate decision to help a friend in need.

Blaine should take notes. This is how you should behave towards a guy who expressed a romantic (or carnal) interest in you when you're already in a relationship with someone else. You IGNORE them. Though, in this instance, Kurt's decision to do this to Karofsky ended up causing himself pain.

But one thing that struck me early on in the episode, and which is relevant to what we had been discussing earlier in this thread, is that the show is determined not to show any meaningful conversations between Kurt and Blaine. I can't believe the script had Blaine cutting Kurt off abruptly in the middle of his attempt to bring up Sebastian and talk about him; and went straight to Blaine singing a song to Kurt instead (The lyrics of which may be relevant to the Karofsky scenes, but not really suitable for a song sung to Kurt by his boyfriend). I mean, seriously? Really, Glee?

Also, I'm amused by the meta shown by Tina's wish of 'I just want a song'. Yes, Tina fans, you have been heard. But Tina, didn't you sing 'ABC' in Sectionals?

Don't worry Delight, Ivana and I crosspost between the two forums, and Marie did just now too. I don't always, but sometimes, so I don't see why you can't.

I also found it really strange that they just passed over the perfect opportunity for Kurt and Blaine to talk about Sebastian. At this point, we don't even know for sure if Blaine knows about Karofsky asking him out. (Though I'm glad that it seems Blaine having a temper, or anger issues, is getting closer to canon. Yay flaws! Flaws hooray!) But now I'm wondering if it could be possible that the writers are intentionally not focusing on Klaine, if they're trying to frustrate the fans or make people care less about the couple, if an inevitable breakup is on the way. I'm probably giving the writers too much credit, and they just suck at writing. But if they want to make the audience *not* care about Klaine, they are doing a wonderful job, because at this point I will be full of joy if they break up.

As for Tina, I wasn't happy about the meta comment over her songs at all. This means the writers are well aware she never gets to sing. And if you know that, writers, then LET HER SING SOMETIMES. Goodness. They seemed to highlight that Quinn rarely ever sings solo too, with Sue's comments to her after Regionals. I still want that Kurt Nationals solo so, so, so badly. I'm hoping for it so much.
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty On My Way

Post  Guest 2/22/2012, 4:46 pm

OK - I have read most of the reviews and there seems to be a consensus that Max/Chris have great acting chemistry and even if they thought the scene wasn't the best, they agree these two nailed it. As Max nailed the scenes during Cough Syrup. By the way, Blaine wasn't really singing it to Kurt, Kurt just happened to walk in as he was about to practice it and he was invited to watch. As for Darren I was glad to see every site was not ass kissing his singing and acting. It seemed to be a mixed review, and while some fan reactions to these reviews were gushing, others noticed his faces and his "one note."

I thought the ep was a mixed bag, way too much thrown in and not enuf development for any of it, but that is the way Glee rolls so it is useless to complain. I understand they wanted a cliffhanger because of the long hiatus, but the car accident seemed a little too contrived to me. As did Sebby's way-to-quick redemption. How would he have changed for a guy he hardly knew when he didn't really seem to care about causing the guy he was actually crushing on to have eye surgery? Maybe he'll go back to being evil, just as Sue is constantly see-sawing.

I love the Berry and Hudmel parents, but the story line was frankly stupid. And those Finchel fans who wanted a wedding so badly are dying because they see the writing on the wall. I know kids get married out of h.s. but this is for all the WRONG reasons.

No way Klaine was going to get a conversation, because there was just no room for it. They even cut the Faberry scene, which drove those fans nuts (like the cut "ring" scene for Klaine). I think the next ep is about Blaine and his brother, Quinn's accident, the wedding wrap up, and God knows what else, so I doubt there'll be much Klaine interaction then. And I apologize to the Klainers, but I sincerely hope we get some good senior moments, sans Blaine, on senior skip day!!!!

I think our problem here is that they are trying to please too many groups of people, the LGBTQ community, the adults, all the shippers, and the people who watch it mainly for the music. They got too far away from the misfits in the choir room that made the show great in the first season. When Kurt left for Dalton, that was the beginning of the downfall for me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/22/2012, 5:15 pm

So, I've finally watched the episode. Not sure if I got everything right because these subs from speed fansub are sometimes so crappy, there're sentences which barely make sense. Anyway, here we go for my first impressions:

- Cough syrup. I didn't like that sequence. Max was wonderful but the song ruined everything for me. I would have preferred a much slower song, maybe more solemn, to translate Karosky's despair and progressive resolution to end it. Instead, it was that energizing song and the close-up DC derp faces didn't help. It's like they put him on a pedestal to emphazise the ridiculousness of his expressions compared to Max's acting. I can't help but dream about what it would have been if they did the same interspaced thing with an emotional song sung by Chris...

- the God squad sequence. Unpopular opinion I think, but I found it quite realistic. Kurt didn't want to be alone and the squad group is a good option, in the sense that they're planning to do sth about karofsky. I think he just didn't care if they are religious or not, he didn't come to them for the religious part. As for why he didn't turn to Blaine, Finn, Rachel or Burt, I can understand it. When you feel the need to express yourself about sth, you're not looking for the people who are the closest to you but the people who may understand what you need to express. For serious matters like life meaning, suicide and dealing with his guilt, I don't see Blaine or Finn concerned or interested, they would have simply listened to him out of politeness and Kurt probably knew it. It's not satisfying at all. The common point between Rachel and Kurt is their dream about Broadway, it doesn't bother me that he didn't think about her on the Karofsky topic. As for Burt, I can put it on the usual pride people can have towards their parents, to always put a brave face and not show some weakness. The fact that he approached the squad group through the member he's the least close to is revealing and actually, also realistic to me.

- the competition. No kurt singing in lead => regular fast-forwarding.

- the Sue plot. Amusing, I actually like this Sue 2.0, not that I didn't like the former one but she was becoming predictable and boring.

- the finchel storyline: less and less interested. I think Cory is pushing a bit too far the simpleness of Finn and it's becoming irritating to me. Finn can be naive but looking systematically surprised each time Rachel opens her mouth is a bit too much. The parents discussions was excellent though, but that's what you get with 4 good actors who have all a lot of presence.

- Kurt/Dave at the hospital. bah, what to say, except that I continue watching Glee for this.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/22/2012, 10:43 pm

Shinra17 wrote:

- the God squad sequence. Unpopular opinion I think, but I found it quite realistic. Kurt didn't want to be alone and the squad group is a good option, in the sense that they're planning to do sth about karofsky. I think he just didn't care if they are religious or not, he didn't come to them for the religious part. As for why he didn't turn to Blaine, Finn, Rachel or Burt, I can understand it. When you feel the need to express yourself about sth, you're not looking for the people who are the closest to you but the people who may understand what you need to express. For serious matters like life meaning, suicide and dealing with his guilt, I don't see Blaine or Finn concerned or interested, they would have simply listened to him out of politeness and Kurt probably knew it. It's not satisfying at all. The common point between Rachel and Kurt is their dream about Broadway, it doesn't bother me that he didn't think about her on the Karofsky topic. As for Burt, I can put it on the usual pride people can have towards their parents, to always put a brave face and not show some weakness. The fact that he approached the squad group through the member he's the least close to is revealing and actually, also realistic to me.

If you put it that way, is realistic,probably he was looking for a place to feel comforted spiritually. His family,bff and boyfriend should have listened him and give him supporting but I don't know what's going on with Blaine or Burt's life but at least Rachel is busy with her wedding now and I think she's more worried about it.
At the beginning I was shocked that Kurt went to see the God's squad
because he's atheist but then I thought, when is about human being issues, personally I need to go wherever I'll get comforted and answered and it doesn't matter your beliefs.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/22/2012, 11:05 pm

^ I am pretty sure they need to bring out god squad because dreadlock needs to be in the episode somehow. they are contractually required to give him 7 episodes this season.

i don't have any issues w/ this scene. I am an athiest but I am not allergic to religioius people, as long as they are not trying to convert me. Heck my mom is religious and attends church regularly. also, you can be spiritual w/o being religious.

last year in GC, kurt agreed to go to Mercede's church. It's for his peace of mind. when you really think about it, people pray to god not because they can actually literally community to God, but because it makes them feel better. Kurt heard they are doing prayers, so he wants to join, for his own psychological wellbeing, not to get in touch w/ God or religion. It's very understandable (for me, at least).

Last edited by fantastica on 2/22/2012, 11:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/22/2012, 11:06 pm

brisallie wrote:If you put it that way, is realistic,probably he was looking for a place to feel comforted spiritually. His family,bff and boyfriend should have listened him and give him supporting but I don't know what's going on with Blaine or Burt's life but at least Rachel is busy with her wedding now and I think she's more worried about it.
At the beginning I was shocked that Kurt went to see the God's squad
because he's atheist but then I thought, when is about human being issues, personally I need to go wherever I'll get comforted and answered and it doesn't matter your beliefs.
Actually, the only person I could think of for Kurt was Mercedes and it happens that she 's part of the Squad. From my experience, I know that for certain subject, I'm not going to see my closest friends, or boyfriend or family relatives to talk about it because they don't care about that subject, or won't understand what I'm going to say and will completely miss the point.
Kurt didn't say a word about the bullying to Burt, so I don't see him going to talk about his guilt or about Karofsky. With Blaine and finn, I think it would be like speaking chinese and Rachel would find a way to talk about her after one minute of conversation.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/22/2012, 11:24 pm

fantastica wrote:^ I am pretty sure they need to bring out god squad because dreadlock needs to be in the episode somehow. they are contractually required to give him 7 episodes this season.

That another good theory Kim Razz but we're trying to find a...How can I say it? a deep reason why he went to see the God's squad lol.

Actually, the only person I could think of for Kurt was Mercedes and it happens that she 's part of the Squad. From my experience, I know that for certain subject, I'm not going to see my closest friends, or boyfriend or family relatives to talk about it because they don't care about that subject, or won't understand what I'm going to say and will completely miss the point.
Kurt didn't say a word about the bullying to Burt, so I don't see him going to talk about his guilt or about Karofsky. With Blaine and finn, I think it would be like speaking chinese and Rachel would find a way to talk about her after one minute of conversation.

I'm glad they remember that Mercedes is friend of Kurt too, despite is been a while since we haven't seen their friendship on screen. Sometimes is better to spend time with ourselves in our rooms or wherever we find comfortable; if not talk to anyone that you feel will understand you, is good.Otherwise,sometimes personal issues are related to our closest people and is so hard to tell them what's going on with our lifes because you don't know what will be their reaction.
I remember Burt knew about the bullying because he was dancing (or Finn) with Kurt in the choir room and Karofsky passed by and made a "mocking" gesture, possibly if it weren't for that, he wouldn't have known nothing :(

... Rachel's joke makes me laugh because is truth, she could have the better intentions to listen his friend but I'm sorry she needs to talk about her.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/22/2012, 11:30 pm

the way klaine is written - I dont know if it's sloppy writing or is it part of hte characterization - klaine seems to have an issue of communication this season. in TFT at the locker room, kurt told blaine to take down rachel's poster if he sees one, and blaine completely ignores him and starts to talk about something else; in Lima beans when kurt was filling out the application form blaine also seems to be talking about something totally unrelated. they never talk about sebastian (the only two times kurt brought it up blaine turned them down). so kurt may very well not want to talk about Dave w/ blaine either - it may cause unnessary "angst" for blaine. blaine seems to get angry for no reason, so perhaps this is where they are going w/ his characterization.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next