Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread

+11
dap1217
brisallie
Glorfindel
Delight
Ireth
tanita_mors
ColferGirl
mellama
Shinra17
fantastica
Jellyrolls
15 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica 2/27/2012, 1:49 am

^ the link works perfectly on my pc, but won't work on my tablet/phone. to make it work on tablet/phone as well you need to use the link tool (like a chain link) on the tool bar which inserts proper html codes. It works a bit differently than in GF.

Unlike many of my kurtsie friends here and there I do not have a habit of over-analyze anything on this show (or hardly anyshow for that matter). the hospital scene doesn't bother me at all, and I never really considered Dave's behavior as "stalkish". I am speaking as a person who, in my younger years, had been stalked quite a lot by some pursuers. I just don't think Dave's pursuing of him is that a big deal (not counting the 9 calls, which sounds like his desperate attempt to talk to Kurt after he's been outted, rather than him asking for romantic outtings). Besides, it's Kurt who feels guilty. He doesn't have to but he does, and who is tell him that he shoudln't? There's no "right" or "wrong" feelings here. whatever he feels, no matter how unreasonable it maybe, it's his feeling. Now I understand that the writer needs to bring them together to do this scene. who else can deliver this scene better than Chris? so they need to make Kurt feel guilty to give him a reason to come to the hospital room. Also the 9 missing calls says 2 things: (1) kurt isn't interested in dave at all and acts accordingly (vs. blaine...), and (2) Dave's suicide seems more likely because the only person who can understand him and has the compassion to help him out is not available.

I may not see everything Claire sees in her recaps, but I sure enjoys reading them. They are well written and extremely fun to read in their own right.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  brisallie 2/27/2012, 12:19 pm

fantastica wrote:^ the link works perfectly on my pc, but won't work on my tablet/phone. to make it work on tablet/phone as well you need to use the link tool (like a chain link) on the tool bar which inserts proper html codes. It works a bit differently than in GF.

Unlike many of my kurtsie friends here and there I do not have a habit of over-analyze anything on this show (or hardly anyshow for that matter). the hospital scene doesn't bother me at all, and I never really considered Dave's behavior as "stalkish". I am speaking as a person who, in my younger years, had been stalked quite a lot by some pursuers. I just don't think Dave's pursuing of him is that a big deal (not counting the 9 calls, which sounds like his desperate attempt to talk to Kurt after he's been outted, rather than him asking for romantic outtings). Besides, it's Kurt who feels guilty. He doesn't have to but he does, and who is tell him that he shoudln't? There's no "right" or "wrong" feelings here. whatever he feels, no matter how unreasonable it maybe, it's his feeling. Now I understand that the writer needs to bring them together to do this scene. who else can deliver this scene better than Chris? so they need to make Kurt feel guilty to give him a reason to come to the hospital room. Also the 9 missing calls says 2 things: (1) kurt isn't interested in dave at all and acts accordingly (vs. blaine...), and (2) Dave's suicide seems more likely because the only person who can understand him and has the compassion to help him out is not available.

I may not see everything Claire sees in her recaps, but I sure enjoys reading them. They are well written and extremely fun to read in their own right.

^
Agree.

I haven't over analyze the scene either, for me it was an emotional scene well acting by Chris and Max. But you have a point there telling than more than stalking, Karofsky needs somebody to talk about what's going with him, specially after the outed.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/27/2012, 3:29 pm

I also have to say I did not see the scene between Kurt and Quinn as that offensive. To me it was 2 teenagers wrapped up in themselves and the particular problems they had/were facing. They were both wrong. Quinn did not understand Dave's pain and Kurt did not understand Quinn's pain. Pretty typical of teenage emotions. Geez, how many times as a teenager did I think about my parents - they just don't understand!! The teenage years are, by definition, dramatic.

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/27/2012, 4:44 pm

fantastica wrote:^ the link works perfectly on my pc, but won't work on my tablet/phone. to make it work on tablet/phone as well you need to use the link tool (like a chain link) on the tool bar which inserts proper html codes. It works a bit differently than in GF.

Bah, basically this, because it's Glee and they surely know a message needs to be simple and basic to get in the brain of the audience. I haven't read Cloveglee recap yet but more generally speaking, I don't really understand how Karofsky's calls can be seen as a stalkish behaviour now we know he was about to commit suicide. They were obviously calls for help.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/27/2012, 5:57 pm

I also dont agree w/ some people that Dave is selfish for attempting suicides (basically Quinn's point of view). It's not an uncommon view regarding suicides in general so i am glad they have Quinn being the mouthpiece for it. To me calling a suicider "selfish" is the ultimate victim blaming. when a person is so desperate, when he losts all hopes for living, he's no longer thinking about himself. You may call a mother w/ a very young child wanting a commit suicide "selfish" because she is putting her young child in a jeapardy. Then there's those who kill both themselves and their loved ones so they can end all the pain and sufferring for both themselves and their loved ones - is it "selfish" or not? the last behavior is either extremely selfish or not at all, depending on how you look at it. This will always be a contraversial topic. Personally I think for Dave, he's acting like many desperate and hopeless young people would. He's neither good nor bad. He's just someone who struggles w/ who he is and how he's been viewed by the society.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/27/2012, 11:58 pm

Take it from someone who dealt with it, when you are in such a world of pain that you contemplate suicide, you are not thinking of others feelings, you are too tied up in your own hurt and you just want it to stop. And in many cases, you honestly feel people would be better off if you were gone.

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/28/2012, 12:00 am

^THIS
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/28/2012, 2:33 am

Many fans seem to agree that Chris and Max's scenes were the best of the season. You can disagree with the content, but not the acting!

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/28/2012, 2:43 am

you know you may think glee writers are pretty bad but they do know exactly who are the good actors and who should be given meaty scenes. they are definitely not fools.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 2/28/2012, 4:41 am

^Agreed

Carousel wrote:Take it from someone who dealt with it, when you are in such a world of pain that you contemplate suicide, you are not thinking of others feelings, you are too tied up in your own hurt and you just want it to stop. And in many cases, you honestly feel people would be better off if you were gone.
^THIS

Carousel wrote:I also have to say I did not see the scene between Kurt and Quinn as that offensive. To me it was 2 teenagers wrapped up in themselves and the particular problems they had/were facing. They were both wrong. Quinn did not understand Dave's pain and Kurt did not understand Quinn's pain. Pretty typical of teenage emotions. Geez, how many times as a teenager did I think about my parents - they just don't understand!! The teenage years are, by definition, dramatic.
You know, I have problem with what Kurt said to Quinn but actually not because of the scene itself. It would be normal, like you said Quinn did not undertand Dave's pain and Kurt did not understand Quinn's pain, they were both wrong. I would be perfectly fine with it, if I didn't feel that the writers often use Kurt as their mouthpiece and let him say what they think it's true.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/28/2012, 3:29 pm

Yes, I think Kurt has become the "spokesperson" and not the snarky, flawed character he was in season 1 and part of 2. We see a bit of it here and there (with Sebastian and occasionally Rachel) and I miss those one liners like hell! His facial expressions alone convey so much. But they have mellowed him out (I think they think they have matured him) and now he always takes "the high road." People do find that annoying! He was so much more fun when he acted superior but obviously wasn't. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/28/2012, 4:45 pm

even that snarky Kurt may come to an end now that they've retconned Sebby.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/28/2012, 5:07 pm

I wonder if Sebby will be another Sue - people seem to love an evil character and I would find it completely unbelievable for him to become "good" so fast

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/28/2012, 5:20 pm

One reason I loooove Miyazaki's movies is because the characters are all very interesting - even the evil ones are not really bad, just misguided, or simply being on the other side. If glee wants to learn how to write evil characters who are also good, they should learn a thing or two from Miyazaki.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/28/2012, 5:24 pm

They do this all the time. The moment a character get a strong fan base they woobify them. It's because Glee can' do anything subtle and slow with natural build up. They went with Sebastian from a promiscuous flirt to complete douchebag and potential sociopath in 5 seconds flat. And then when you have to go back to the narrative, everything you do to the character is going to seam like a huge, sloppy retcon.

Moderation, you name sure isn't Glee.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/28/2012, 5:27 pm

Glee need to go back to the F13 representation, because back then every character was flawed as hell and actually interesting. everyone made mistakes and came out as the bad guy one time or another. While I love HummelBerry, some of the best interactions Chris/Lea and Kurt/Rachel had were in Wheels and Hairography ( I love their storyline in that episode and Rachel fans need to grow up)
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/28/2012, 5:30 pm

^ S1 Kurt is 3 dimensional. S3 Kurt is more or less one (maybe 1.5) dimensional. it's a shame.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 2/28/2012, 5:31 pm

Carousel wrote:Yes, I think Kurt has become the "spokesperson" and not the snarky, flawed character he was in season 1 and part of 2. We see a bit of it here and there (with Sebastian and occasionally Rachel) and I miss those one liners like hell! His facial expressions alone convey so much. But they have mellowed him out (I think they think they have matured him) and now he always takes "the high road." People do find that annoying! He was so much more fun when he acted superior but obviously wasn't. Laughing
Yeah, I think the writing for him was the best in season 1 and in the beginning of season 2, with the time the writers have been trying to be more a more inspirational and wanting to send big messages to the world and they have used Kurt for it and not always in the best way. Unfortunately he lost many fans because of it.
He is still my favorite character but it's true that most of my favorite scene of his are in season 1 (and beginning of season 2). There was also the best balance, he had great funny scenes, great drama scenes... And he was allowed to make mistakes. When I remember the way Chris was describing Kurt in interviews more than year ago (being very superiour and such), I don't think he could say the same things now, because it would not meet the qualities Kurt has now very much.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/28/2012, 7:26 pm

remember the good old days when we actually got to see the friendships?

3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_lzsa95t2mZ1qzzzloo1_500 3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_m039qfyrN81qcpsrlo2_250

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/28/2012, 9:58 pm

fantastica wrote:^ S1 Kurt is 3 dimensional. S3 Kurt is more or less one (maybe 1.5) dimensional. it's a shame.

Kurt is only one dimensional sometimes.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/28/2012, 10:07 pm

But then, some characters are non dimensional. Look at Blaine and Tina. They aren't even stereotypes any more.
I guess at the end of the day, Kurt is almost always in character, even when he does something we don't like or judge like hell, it's usually on point where he is at that moment in time.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/28/2012, 10:57 pm

Carousel wrote:I wonder if Sebby will be another Sue - people seem to love an evil character and I would find it completely unbelievable for him to become "good" so fast

Probably he will be evil again if the narrative need it. Is the same with Sue dryy

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/28/2012, 11:52 pm

RIB has always been inspired by the real actor in their writing of the characters, we know it's completely the case for Chris and Lea (roles especially written for them) but I think it's also true for the others, that's why they don't care a lot about acting skills, not super important if the actors are going to play a character close to them. The big difference between s1Kurt and s3Kurt is what Chris has publicly become in the meantime: icon and spokeperson for the LGBT rights and community. That's where Kurt is slowly heading to. It's a bad thing for Kurt as a fictional character but it will reinforce Chris's impact in his RL "role". In the last episode, Kurt talking to Karofsky could basically be a message of Chris for the Trevor project.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/29/2012, 6:05 am

All of that shows just how lazy and unimaginative RIB+ really are.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty HEART

Post  Guest 2/29/2012, 9:06 pm

Is he singing to the guitar player???
3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_lzu6d2DBLJ1qkxuj7o2_250
I had not seen this one before.
3x14 "On My Way" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_lzu6d2DBLJ1qkxuj7o1_250

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next