Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3x22 "Goodbye" Watch & Discussion thread

+28
Ireth
Emile
dap1217
tanita_mors
Heyerchick
valkeakuulas
Delight
Glorfindel
BlueJazz
arina
happydays
msjoanlucette
sheny
Vir Cotto
Buenos
ColferInspired
ChrisColferFan1
Catt24
sahhar
CloveGlee
M&M
fantastica
kac
Divalicious
Dame Loli
brisallie
Jellyrolls
paulopf
32 posters

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

3x22 "Goodbye" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 3x22 "Goodbye" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica 5/24/2012, 6:03 pm

the world is sure a better place now that people find purpose in their lives. Rolling Eyes
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

3x22 "Goodbye" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 3x22 "Goodbye" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Emile 5/24/2012, 6:13 pm

BlueJazz wrote:
Total direct conversation between couples during season 3

Source

Shocked Can't believe that somebody actually did this ! IT'S INSANE Shocked
It really is. Shocked They are so obsessed with the precise numbers/minutes of interactions.
*insert an awesome facepalm .gif here*
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  kac 5/24/2012, 6:15 pm

It is quality and memorability that matters, not minutes and seconds.
kac
kac
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/24/2012, 6:19 pm

even w/ the massive 22 minutes of klaine dialogue i can hardly remember anything meaningful.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/24/2012, 7:02 pm

BlueJazz wrote:

Source

I have a hard time believing that Klaine talked for 20 minutes over the course of the season. LOL. It didn't seem like that much.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  red texta 5/24/2012, 7:33 pm

Interesting statistics. It's quite telling that over half of Kurt and Blaine's interaction is in their two 'special episodes', The First Time and Dance With Somebody. Then we have the B+W Christmas special (I wonder if that person counted the Klaine stuff in that?) two scenes in The Purple Piano Project, the stairway scene in Asian F and now this last scene in Goodbye. Other than that it's just little snippets in the hallway. I'm guessing that the bulk of the Klaine interaction was right at the beginning of the season.

red texta
red texta
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/24/2012, 9:57 pm

Emile wrote:
BlueJazz wrote:

Source

It really is. Shocked They are so obsessed with the precise numbers/minutes of interactions.
*insert an awesome facepalm .gif here*

That means two things:

1- you have NOT life.
2- you're extremely obsessed with every detail from glee couples ohmy even the minutes they spend talking, kissing or making out. Freak.

And Emile, here is your facepalm multiplied by one hundred
3x22 "Goodbye" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 EpicFacePalm

You know, I'll be honest. I like that final sequence with Rachel, but you know what would have made it even better. If instead of a 3 minute solo with Rachel alone, we had inter-cut scenes of her and the other graduates settling in their future lives. But non for others. Rachel is all that matters.

AGREE.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 5/25/2012, 5:03 am

Because I had read the super spoiler about NYADA before watching the episode I wasn't able to concentrate on the episode properly. I watched it again yeasterday and I must say there were things I loved. The memory on first number of the original 5, Kurt's voiceover and Kurt Burt scene + single ladies - Burt is really the best dad!, the songs could be more interesting, but they served good to the storylines. I liked that every (or almost) senior had his part in the episode.

Quinn and Rachel friendship seem kind of forced, Kurt dedicating his song to boys after he was missing in every "Bro scene" was nonsense, Klaine continue to be portrayed as really old couple, but if there was not the shock in the end without any reaction from Kurt afterwards it's one of the better episodes think.

I was surprised about Finn wanting to still join the army, I thought he dropped this idea. And I must say Cory was really excellent, I think he is underrated by critics, he seems nothing like Finn in real live and I consider him one of the best actors on the show.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/25/2012, 5:11 am

I'm pretty sure that if I wasn't such a huge Kurt stan, I would say that Goodbye was maybe the best episode in the shows run. For some it was flat and emotionless, for me it was the exact opposite.

I could even get over the fact that he didn't get in (not really, that was the stupidest thing this show ever did) but I just can't get over the fact that his big failure didn't warrant at least 10 seconds of additional screen time (with Burt, or Blaine, or Rachel, or Finn or even Will or Sue or just with himself). I mean, to end the season on "I didn't get in". Just NO.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/25/2012, 5:13 am

And to think that it was Brad who said to Chris that he thought that "Kurt Hummel had no limits" when they were filming I Am The Greatest Star. We see how that turned out.

He better be a fucking superstar next season. sw022
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/25/2012, 5:30 am

^ the only "star" is rachel. rm also said next season will return to underdog status. for kurt i see 2 possiblities:

- stick w/ performing arts - he will try NYADA again until they are ready to write him off the show (once he succeeds, he's out);
- change to fashion or whatever - play support role to his boyfriend and be a happy clown.

i really think they hate him. they would love to get rid of him if not because his popularity. they probably still hate him for twittergate. i can't get this bitter taste out of my mouth.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 5/25/2012, 5:37 am

tanita_mors wrote:I'm pretty sure that if I wasn't such a huge Kurt stan, I would say that Goodbye was maybe the best episode in the shows run. For some it was flat and emotionless, for me it was the exact opposite.

I could even get over the fact that he didn't get in (not really, that was the stupidest thing this show ever did) but I just can't get over the fact that his big failure didn't warrant at least 10 seconds of additional screen time (with Burt, or Blaine, or Rachel, or Finn or even Will or Sue or just with himself). I mean, to end the season on "I didn't get in". Just NO.

Yeah, I would not mind failure of my favorite character now and then (it would be even boring and unrealistic if he won everything) but every one of his attempts failed (except of being finalist and good audition for NYADA which was later for nothing) and the only thing that was comforting the fans was the expected victory in the end which didn't happen. But much worse it made the fact that he didn't have not even little chance to express his opinion about it while Rachel had three episodes of crying and talking about her failed NYADA audition all the time. And she still got in. Kurt didn't have much screentime last episodes and I thought it was because his destiny after graduation was clear and safe.
There were supposed to be Kurt's scene with Will, I wonder if that had something to do with it. If it was filmed and they cut it instead of cutting much less important stuff I would be seriously mad.

Maybe I am optimistic but I believe Chris will continue have a good screentime in season 4, maybe not as good as he had last few seasons, but I assume that after Rachel Kurt is going to have a biggest screentime from seniors. Chris was with Lea promoting season 4, they know he is one of the fan favorites. I think that the writers like Chris, they would not listen his ideas otherwise. That they are enjoying writing Kurt as a undending victim is other thing.

He is going to have his own "star" mentor next year and I know Chris can't be totally honest in promoting, but he said he thinks fans will be very very very happy and I don't think he would say that if he assume he is going to be in the background all the time.

Last edited by arina on 5/25/2012, 5:45 am; edited 1 time in total
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/25/2012, 5:43 am

why do we need to see kurt's reaction? it's pretty clear that he is devastated. if they intend to leave it as a cliff hanger, it really doesn't matter if his aftermath is being shown or not.

to be honest if i don't care about kurt i would write this episode exactly like it was done.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/25/2012, 7:03 am

fantastica wrote:why do we need to see kurt's reaction? it's pretty clear that he is devastated. if they intend to leave it as a cliff hanger, it really doesn't matter if his aftermath is being shown or not.

to be honest if i don't care about kurt i would write this episode exactly like it was done.
Exactly. The episode had everything that a GA member would need and require for it to be a success. That is why most of critics loved it.

I needed that additional scene for the simple reason that Rachel had so many sob-fests and ruined each and every Kurt triumph (as few as he had this year) with her crying. I needed an acknowledgment from the show, and they gave us shit.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  red texta 5/25/2012, 7:35 am

I remember being angry and upset after Asian F and decided I hated the episode. In truth, I'd actually been semi enjoying it; the neglected Mike Chang and Tina got a storyline, Mike got his first solo, Mercedes sung a duet/diva off with Rachel and got a great singing scene with It's all Over featuring our Kurt! and Klaine were really sweet (disproving those Kurt-bashers on GF who before the episode were laying into him for being 'petulant over Blaine being better than him'). Of course we got Santana insulting Kurt and Brittany running against him for president, but that was okay... Then we got OFFICER KRUPKE and I was so, so angry it colored my whole view of the episode. Once again Kurt was getting beaten down. Suddenly Santana's insults seemed 20 times more offensive and Brittany and Rachel running against him was a betrayal because now he needed it more than ever.

I still haven't rewatched Asian F in it's entirety, just It's All Over on Youtube. "Goodbye" will be on Australian TV next week and I will watch it on the big screen to see the details I missed but I doubt I'll ever watch it again after that.
red texta
red texta
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/25/2012, 7:36 am

I get it. we need the writers to show us that they care about kurt - that he's not just a tool in the rachel storyline, that he deserves his own proper ending, and that he's important and can't just be tossed away. well the reality is they don't give a fuck about him. :angry:
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/25/2012, 9:26 am

tanita_mors wrote:
fantastica wrote:why do we need to see kurt's reaction? it's pretty clear that he is devastated. if they intend to leave it as a cliff hanger, it really doesn't matter if his aftermath is being shown or not.

Exactly. The episode had everything that a GA member would need and require for it to be a success. That is why most of critics loved it.

I needed that additional scene for the simple reason that Rachel had so many sob-fests and ruined each and every Kurt triumph (as few as he had this year) with her crying. I needed an acknowledgment from the show, and they gave us shit.
^THIS.
For a seasons finale that 'needed' a cliffhanger I thought the episode was decent. I still think they rushed way too much in one episode: Brittany failing (and Santana not knowing about that, WTF?), no voice-over for characters that will probably be gone for good except for reunions (Mercedes, Mike: RIB clearly show here that out of sight is out of mind), no resolution to what all the senior-junior couples will do next season, except for Klaine and Finchel.
But the flashbacks were nice, Burt Single Ladies was wonderful (and Kurt was so happy and laughing then), the songs were nice (but the juniors dedicating a song to Finn, and Kurt dedicating a song to the bros? blinkk ), graduation was nice.
I'd even say that the letter opening scene was brilliant in itself, and the Finchel car scene was well acted and a good temporarily ending of that couple.

But they dropped the ball with Kurt, they f*cking dropped the ball with Kurt. And that ruined it completely.

red texta wrote:I remember being angry and upset after Asian F and decided I hated the episode. In truth, I'd actually been semi enjoying it; the neglected Mike Chang and Tina got a storyline, Mike got his first solo, Mercedes sung a duet/diva off with Rachel and got a great singing scene with It's all Over featuring our Kurt! and Klaine were really sweet (disproving those Kurt-bashers on GF who before the episode were laying into him for being 'petulant over Blaine being better than him'). Of course we got Santana insulting Kurt and Brittany running against him for president, but that was okay... Then we got OFFICER KRUPKE and I was so, so angry it colored my whole view of the episode. Once again Kurt was getting beaten down. Suddenly Santana's insults seemed 20 times more offensive and Brittany and Rachel running against him was a betrayal because now he needed it more than ever.

I still haven't rewatched Asian F in it's entirety, just It's All Over on Youtube. "Goodbye" will be on Australian TV next week and I will watch it on the big screen to see the details I missed but I doubt I'll ever watch it again after that.
Exactly. Excellent example. 'Asian F' and 'Goodbye' were both good episodes, but the gutt wrenching blows at the end make me never wanting to watch them again.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/25/2012, 9:30 am

tanita_mors wrote:

CloveGlee had commented that it is inconceivable that the writers would make Kurt fail to get into NYADA in the final episode, because there really isn't enough time left to explore Kurt's devastation and to show him reconsidering his options for the future. Well, the inconceivable had happened. The writers really do not care at all about Kurt's story and it shows.

Everything that I wanted for Kurt, happened for Rachel instead. Getting into NYADA. Breaking up with the high school sweetheart.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/25/2012, 9:34 am

but i don't care for rachel. she can get the sun and the moon and i wouldn't be cheering for her. I only want kurt to get SOMETHING that's not a bf.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/25/2012, 9:45 am

Glorfindel wrote:
tanita_mors wrote:

^THIS.
For a seasons finale that 'needed' a cliffhanger I thought the episode was decent. I still think they rushed way too much in one episode: Brittany failing (and Santana not knowing about that, WTF?), no voice-over for characters that will probably be gone for good except for reunions (Mercedes, Mike: RIB clearly show here that out of sight is out of mind), no resolution to what all the senior-junior couples will do next season, except for Klaine and Finchel.
But the flashbacks were nice, Burt Single Ladies was wonderful (and Kurt was so happy and laughing then), the songs were nice (but the juniors dedicating a song to Finn, and Kurt dedicating a song to the bros? blinkk ), graduation was nice.
I'd even say that the letter opening scene was brilliant in itself, and the Finchel car scene was well acted and a good temporarily ending of that couple.

It's really the size of the cast that made the episode so rushed, and kept them for having more of the stuff that you have above. Once you figure in commercials and the "what you missed on glee" segment, they only had about 42 minutes tell the story. There just isn't enough time to fit everything in and do everyone's story justice. They couldn't reslove all the relationships, and quite honestly, there really is no reason to define them all now--let the fandom believe the couples will have happy summers together. Why break them up or put them all as long distance now? The relationships will mostly be tossed aside in episode one (i.e. Mike and I broke up so that he could focus on his dancing, etc).

At least they gave us the idea of where the seniors are going in their lives. The seniors that matter--the seniors that are the stars--got the most time to tell their story. Of course this show has always been about Rachel, so her story was the most important, and her and Finn are so intertwined that he got a good chunk, too. Kurt got a lot of screentime as well, with the Burt stuff, the Klaine talk, and the solo. Yes, it would have been nice to have more of the reaction to him not getting into NYADA, but the cast is so big, there just wasn't time for it. As Kurtsies, I think we got a lot more than most parts of the fandom.

I fear to think what is going to happen next year with a full sized Glee club, and the seniors. RIB (or I guess Brad) really needs to just focus on a handful of main characters, and regulate everyone else to supporting them. They can't tell everyone's story--there just isn't time.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/25/2012, 9:47 am

^ then having kurt stay in lima and having scenes w/ blaine will give both of them screen time and also make klainers happy. killing 3 birds w/ 1 stone. dryy
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/25/2012, 9:53 am

fantastica wrote:^ then having kurt stay in lima and having scenes w/ blaine will give both of them screen time and also make klainers happy. killing 3 birds w/ 1 stone. dryy

I do not think we'll see Kurt staying in Lima. Kurt will be in New York. And Kurt will have his own story.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/25/2012, 9:53 am

I think aside from a bf, Kurt's one true 'win' was kicking the winning goal in Preggers waaaaaayyyyy back in Season 1.

I think the finale is a super great episode for Rachel fans (who don't support Finchel) only. The ending made it unpalatable to a Kurt fan like me, despite all the positive feel-good stuff that happened for Kurt for the first 11 minutes of the episode.

They showed us a happy, content and confident Kurt, only to make his fall into despair all the more heart-wrenching at the end.

Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/25/2012, 9:59 am

confession of a glee retiree

he/she said exactly what I want to say.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 5/25/2012, 10:05 am

tanita_mors wrote:And to think that it was Brad who said to Chris that he thought that "Kurt Hummel had no limits" when they were filming I Am The Greatest Star. We see how that turned out.

He better be a fucking superstar next season. sw022

LOL at the bolded part! Did he even know what will happen to Kurt when he said that ? I don't think so.

Yup, unless he becomes some sort of superstar in the show next season in a reasonable way, I don't think I can forget what RIB did to us this season :angry: However, we all know that wouldn't happen, so...

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next