Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3x22 "Goodbye" Watch & Discussion thread

+28
Ireth
Emile
dap1217
tanita_mors
Heyerchick
valkeakuulas
Delight
Glorfindel
BlueJazz
arina
happydays
msjoanlucette
sheny
Vir Cotto
Buenos
ColferInspired
ChrisColferFan1
Catt24
sahhar
CloveGlee
M&M
fantastica
kac
Divalicious
Dame Loli
brisallie
Jellyrolls
paulopf
32 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

3x22 "Goodbye" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 3x22 "Goodbye" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica 5/25/2012, 10:07 am

kurt may have no limits but hte writers will do all they can to limit him.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

3x22 "Goodbye" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 3x22 "Goodbye" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Glorfindel 5/25/2012, 10:17 am

brisallie wrote:
Emile wrote:
BlueJazz wrote:
Total direct conversation between couples during season 3

Source

Shocked Can't believe that somebody actually did this ! IT'S INSANE Shocked
It really is. Shocked They are so obsessed with the precise numbers/minutes of interactions.
*insert an awesome facepalm .gif here*

That means two things:

1- you have NOT life.
2- you're extremely obsessed with every detail from glee couples ohmy even the minutes they spend talking, kissing or making out. Freak.
I actually appreciate this person for doing this. It is not much different from what I do with the song distribution: finding out who gets what, who gets most and who gets shafted.
It's interesting to know.

The difficulty is in finding a way to insert the importance of songs/scenes: was it a little part in a group number or was it a solo at a competition? <> was it a meaningful conversation or were thay talking about scarfs and football? <> was it a peck on the side of the mouth or a slobbering kiss?
And that quantity<>quality difference is almost impossible to catch in a graphic or numbers.

PDA, kisses and couples interacting with one another is important on Glee, especially with the gay couples vs. the straight couples.
So I compliment this person for the hard work he/she did. neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 5/25/2012, 10:32 am

Delight wrote:
Everything that I wanted for Kurt, happened for Rachel instead. Getting into NYADA. Breaking up with the high school sweetheart.

I have never thought of this! But after reading your post, I have to say, it's totally TRUE :angry:

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 5/25/2012, 10:34 am

Delight wrote:

I think the finale is a super great episode for Rachel fans (who don't support Finchel) only. The ending made it unpalatable to a Kurt fan like me, despite all the positive feel-good stuff that happened for Kurt for the first 11 minutes of the episode.

Yup, that's what I think. If you look at the reaction tweets to Brad after the finale, about 80% of them are negative ones. This shows how pissed the fans are, especially Kurt's fans.

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/25/2012, 10:47 am

fantastica wrote:confession of a glee retiree

he/she said exactly what I want to say.

Please don't leave us, Kim. We'll miss your company. :(

BlueJazz wrote:
Yup, unless he becomes some sort of superstar in the show next season in a reasonable way, I don't think I can forget what RIB did to us this season :angry: However, we all know that wouldn't happen, so...

Yes, to make up for the Kurt angst-fest that was season 3, they'd better give Kurt multiple victories in Season 4 to redeem themselves. The problem is that if they go about that in an unbelievable manner, there would once again be outcries that Kurt doesn't deserve this or that etc (If Kurt had copped so much flak for being praised by Finn and Carole during his dad's wedding...). A good balance is what I hope the writers will give us. The entire season 3 feels too unbalanced for me, full of Kurt losses and no substantial wins. I feel like I'm punishing myself by watching this show.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/25/2012, 10:52 am

All they needed to do was add some quick 5-10 second cuts to the rest of the seniors during Rachel's 3 minute solo in NY and everything would have ended on a fuller and somewhat more satisfying note.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/25/2012, 10:57 am

Lovely essay, but I fear that there is something wrong with me. I'm pretty sure that I have never cried about the fate of any of the tv characters I watch or love. I may have cried in the moment while watching the episode and feeling the impact of what is happening on screen at that moment, but never after or for days. Maybe it's a byproduct of being familiar how shows work and having seen so many.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 5/25/2012, 11:01 am

The mermaid below just summed up what the writers think :

3x22 "Goodbye" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3BaW19eeZAY6GBq3CG3ygjx47rcED5PjXHCp5VGlac5jcustC7MpiDCVa

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/25/2012, 1:08 pm

tanita_mors wrote:All they needed to do was add some quick 5-10 second cuts to the rest of the seniors during Rachel's 3 minute solo in NY and everything would have ended on a fuller and somewhat more satisfying note.
Exactly.
They made it all about Rachel, when they could have included every senior easily.
Not unlike last year with the "Why is the T-rex eating the Jew?" kiss and storyline.

tanita_mors wrote:Lovely essay, but I fear that there is something wrong with me. I'm pretty sure that I have never cried about the fate of any of the tv characters I watch or love. I may have cried in the moment while watching the episode and feeling the impact of what is happening on screen at that moment, but never after or for days. Maybe it's a byproduct of being familiar how shows work and having seen so many.
I was surprised at how much Kurt not getting into NYADA upset me. I'm also familiar with how shows work (hey: I lived through Dallas and Dynasty cliffhangers), but this really got to me.
My husband correctly told me that it's because I'm emotionally attached to Kurt because I lived through this myself (bullying, auditioning and not getting in), and that's true, and also because part of my job is helping kids like Kurt prepare for such auditions and I always feel for them, no matter the outcome. (My husband is sooooo clever.) Rolling Eyes
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/25/2012, 1:36 pm

I don't actually have a lot incomen with Kurt. I'm a straight girl (OK, we both admire good looking guys blushh ), I have never been bullied (I wasn't miss popular or anything, rather invisible with only a few close friends but never had problems of that kind), I'm not into high fashion or any fashion really (strange given my Kurt outfits fixation, but I'm a jeans and black rock tee-shirt kind of girl) and while I would like nothing more then to make movies my whole life, that is outside of my doing because it takes money and connections primarily, both which I lack. I do understand the struggles to fit in in a world that you aren't the norm and love things others find strange and can't understand or connect to.

I like Kurt because I like what he represents, the strength he possesses, the love he has for those closest to him, the willingness to fight those who want to take it all from him and most of all what he means to millions of other people who may understand him more then I ever will. It's not about LGBT issues for me. I'm not an activist. I'm "Live and let live" kind of person. You love who you love, it's non of my business and not mine to judge anyone.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 5/25/2012, 1:48 pm

^ Same here, Kurt's failure does affect me a lot more than his previous failures. I was shocked (in a bad way) when I first found out, then feel numb, then a mixture rage and sadness (I even feel like sobbing once and I've never feel that way towards a TV show!). I'm too emotionally attached and invested in that character (I've realized that long ago but now it feels VERY REAL) and it's not healthy anymore. Kurt's story has encouraged me in the past when I was down and felt like giving up. I've always sorta looked up to him (and Chris) even though we are very different individuals and I don't feel connected to him because I didn't go through most of the stuff that he has dealt with. He was always an admirable and inspirational person (he's more like a living person than a character) to me but now I'm not so sure anymore. :(

Thanks for crushing our dreams and the positive feelings that I used to have for Kurt , RIB dryy You guys have done a great job in doing that.

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 5/25/2012, 2:07 pm

tanita_mors wrote:I don't actually have a lot incomen with Kurt. I'm a straight girl (OK, we both admire good looking guys blushh ), I have never been bullied (I wasn't miss popular or anything, rather invisible with only a few close friends but never had problems of that kind), I'm not into high fashion or any fashion really (strange given my Kurt outfits fixation, but I'm a jeans and black rock tee-shirt kind of girl) and while I would like nothing more then to make movies my whole life, that is outside of my doing because it takes money and connections primarily, both which I lack. I do understand the struggles to fit in in a world that you aren't the norm and love things others find strange and can't understand or connect to.

I like Kurt because I like what he represents, the strength he possesses, the love he has for those closest to him, the willingness to fight those who want to take it all from him and most of all what he means to millions of other people who may understand him more then I ever will. It's not about LGBT issues for me. I'm not an activist. I'm "Live and let live" kind of person. You love who you love, it's non of my business and not mine to judge anyone.

3x22 "Goodbye" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 9 ThatsSoMe

Except the movie-making part, I'm more of a science student (who loves Math) than an art student. But I deeply appreciate arts all the time neutre Let's just say I'm an "art appreciater" rather then a "art producer/maker" fanny2

As for fashion, I'm certainly not obsess with it like Kurt do but I do enjoy reading fashion magazines and trying out new style sometimes. And my jeans definitely knows my legs more than any other trousers I have Razz

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/25/2012, 2:21 pm

BlueJazz wrote:I've always sorta looked up to him (and Chris) even though we are very different individuals and I don't feel connected to him because I didn't go through most of the stuff that he has dealt with. He was always an admirable and inspirational person (he's more like a living person than a character) to me but now I'm not so sure anymore. :(

Thanks for crushing our dreams and the positive feelings that I used to have for Kurt , RIB dryy You guys have done a great job in doing that.
I've also felt that Kurt was a real person, not a character. But I've noticed that through season 3 I sometimes see him more as a character now. The writing has become so bad that even Chris' magic acting skills can't always make me believe Kurt anymore. The best examples: Kurt sitting next to Blaine in the 'Ben' scene, and Kurt giving the tape back to Sebastian. That was so badly written, ugh.
It is a miracle in itself that Chris has managed to make Kurt believeable in so many other scenes. Like the dodgeball speech: that was so crappy written, but the way you could see Kurt's nerves, and his determination, saved that scene for me.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/25/2012, 3:01 pm

Is this mean you're leaving? or you're thinking to stop watching the show? Please tell me is the second one because personally I like your presence here and ironic comments as well Smile

@Marie, I forgot to say you aren't a bad fan because you're wanting something different for Kurt, is just a difference opinion between what are you expecting and what Chris is expecting. I'm agree that Kurt has became into (like) a real person to many people, who's their inspiration as well; I include myself into this group so possibley that why emotions are still on the surface, besides everything has been so recent.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/25/2012, 4:55 pm

I think some of us Kurtsies have more than heathlty connection to Kurt due to different reasons. I myself was brought up by a widowed father and lost my mom at a young age and always felt very out of place mostly because of that. Kurt was the first teenager that I came across in an TV show that had that similar attitude and situation, I'm sure there has to be others, I just have not seen them. And Kurt not getting into the school at a first trying is something that has happened to me as well.

But mostly why I feel Kurtsies are invested to his storyline is because no matter how comedic Glee started out, you need someone to tie it down to reality and Kurt is that person that can't always get what he wants. He also has the best coping methods out of all characters in this show and gives Glee the angle that you can hold on to. I feel nothing connected to let's say Santana or Quinn, so my investment into their SL is minimum to none.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 5/25/2012, 6:10 pm

I have decided my biggest problem with Glee this year is I do not fear for Rachel. Since the beginning she is told she is amazing, annoying but amazing. She may want roles, and practice a lot, but inthe end she gets what she wants. Others say she deserves all because she practices, but have they shown us a Rachel who continues to fight when she continually loses? She left the Glee club first season to garner more spotlight in a play. That is why I root for Kurt,he loses so much, so often, I worry and care for him.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/26/2012, 4:19 am

Glorfindel wrote:My husband correctly told me that it's because I'm emotionally attached to Kurt because I lived through this myself

BlueJazz wrote:I'm too emotionally attached and invested in that character (I've realized that long ago but now it feels VERY REAL) and it's not healthy anymore.

valkeakuulas wrote:Kurt was the first teenager that I came across in an TV show that had that similar attitude and situation, I'm sure there has to be others, I just have not seen them. And Kurt not getting into the school at a first trying is something that has happened to me as well.

Divalicious wrote:That is why I root for Kurt,he loses so much, so often, I worry and care for him.

Kurt also feels like more than a TV character to me sometimes. Like, you want to do things to bring a smile to his face, or hug him, because he's been dealt with so many angsty storylines on the show and doesn't get to be happy all that often.

I have to remind myself that Chris isn't Kurt, and that Kurt isn't real, so that the sting of his failures (on a show that denied him every chance of hope and victory) doesn't hurt so much. We all know that Kurt is a fictional character. A powerfully acted one that is inspirational to many people, yes, but still fictional.

As Jellyrolls had mentioned in another thread, we just have to find the balance between finding Kurt as inspirational and being fictional. His struggles and how he bounces back from his failures, how he's so uncompromising in staying true to himself in an environment which constantly punishes him for being who he is, how he places people he loves before his own dreams and ambitions, are things that make us root for and care about him.

In season 3, they've kept Kurt's integrity intact (at the expense of characterization sometimes), but they've also taken away a lot of his bite and fire. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I feel that the writers had 'damaged' Kurt's character somehow this season. Chris had tried to save Kurt to the best of his acting ability, but there's only so much one could do with scripts like those. I watch the episodes mainly for Kurt, but his storylines hardly brought any joy anymore, knowing how the season ended, knowing how everything he had fought for was denied to him. Kurt will likely continue his struggles next season, and maybe he will be allowed to triumph this time... But I've stopped allowing myself to be so affected by him anymore, and I've stopped expecting anything good to happen to him.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/26/2012, 11:52 am

I was listening to the new Keane Album and even if you are not their fan the lyrics in On the Road are so fitting to us Kurtsies that it is really uncanny. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i2ABrwDpww

I think Kurt and Chris fans are the most resilliant and supportive in that short time we've had time to be supportive and understanding.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 5/26/2012, 2:42 pm

There is a pool for the the TV's weakest twist, and 'Kurt not getting into NYADA' is in the list. - The pool on EW.com
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 5/26/2012, 2:49 pm

^ Can vote only once though dryy

Smile
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 5/26/2012, 2:53 pm

^Nope, I voted twice. ...just so it was clear. LOL.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 5/26/2012, 2:58 pm

^ Meh, how did you do? I got a message like "your vote has already been counted", something like that. dryy
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 5/26/2012, 3:01 pm

^Nono, you're right, you made me come some doubts and I re-voted: I only read the "thank you" part, can vote only one time. arghh Damn them.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/26/2012, 3:15 pm

^ pool or poll? lol

i will dip into that "pool" to cool down. it's so hot here today.

btw the poll works. i voted.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 5/26/2012, 3:24 pm

I voted for Kurt but Robin as a Barney's bride made me mad as well.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next