Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread

+24
happydays
GreenEyes
Esme
Delight
brisallie
Emile
ColferInspired
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Heyerchick
arina
CloveGlee
mellama
Dame Loli
ChrisColferFan1
Buenos
Shinra17
Jellyrolls
sahhar
fantastica
Divalicious
ColferGirl
paulopf
Glorfindel
28 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 5/1/2012, 10:19 pm

Hey, when you go on iTunes to buy Not the Boy Next Door, make sure you take the time to rate and comment on the song as well.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 5/1/2012, 10:23 pm

Rewatched the phantom part. I think they cut part of Blaine's reaction. He clapped and said, "Fantastic! I loved it!" But the full scene went like this: "Fantastic! I loved it! But I could have done it so much better. Here let me show you."
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 5/1/2012, 10:25 pm

To which Kurt points out Blaine would have to roll the pant legs up quite a bit if he wants to wear his costume.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/1/2012, 10:26 pm

Also, consider tweeting Brad to request that they release Music of the Night on iTunes.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/1/2012, 10:42 pm

paulopf wrote:
fantastica wrote:should I spoil it for you?? yes!!!!

It was a yes? I heard she congratulated her for his choice, but my stream jumps like crazy, so I missed part of the dialogue. So he got in? He did?

fantastica wrote:yes!

but poor rachel... lea was good though. made me want to cry for her.

Divalicious wrote:Yes, but I knew Kurt would get in, again, this is Lea's Emmy admission, so they have to have her emote. We'll have her emoting until she is "discovered" either by her ambush-auditioning, or her National's performance.

I can't wait to see Kurt's performance on my big screen in 2 hours and 18 minutes. Livestream is not quite sufficient.

Did she ever actually say he was in? She congratulated him on his bold choice, and said that she was impressed by what he did with the song, but I don't think the words "Congratulations, you're in" came out of her mouth.

Are we wrong to assume that he's in? Are the writers playing with us and going to poop on us?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 5/1/2012, 10:44 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
Did she ever actually say he was in? She congratulated him on his bold choice, and said that she was impressed by what he did with the song, but I don't think the words "Congratulations, you're in" came out of her mouth.

Are we wrong to assume that he's in? Are the writers playing with us and going to poop on us?

P_f people are telling me it's not 100% sure. They could still impale us. :(
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/1/2012, 10:46 pm

paulopf wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:

P_f people are telling me it's not 100% sure. They could still impale us. :(

It would be like RIB and the writers to raise us up and drop us down.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 5/1/2012, 10:47 pm

^Back to super nervous again. "Too invested in fictional character" keeps resonating in the back of my head right now.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 5/1/2012, 10:49 pm

My livestream was skipping, so I was going on what others had said. If it wasn't confirmed this episode, that could be her second appearance, and then the third would be Rachel proving herself again to Carmen.

Kurt might be a fictional character, but he is the one true underdog on Glee, IMHO. I always root for the underdog. Do I care too much? Hell yeah. Chris makes me care, darn that young man.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/1/2012, 10:51 pm

paulopf wrote:^Back to super nervous again. "Too invested in fictional character" keeps resonating in the back of my head right now.

Damn you, Chris Colfer! Making us care so much about a fictional character!

Can I just say that I would love to hear Chris sing "Being Alive" from Company?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 5/1/2012, 10:53 pm

^How he dares?! :angry:
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/1/2012, 11:05 pm

paulopf wrote:^How he dares?! :angry:

Tell me about it. He comes on my TV every week. He amazes me with his acting and his singing (when they let him sing), and he makes me care about a fictional character. And now I spend my valuable free time hosting this message board for him?

Damn you, Chris Colfer! If I didn't love you so much, I'd hate you.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 5/1/2012, 11:08 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
Tell me about it. He comes on my TV every week. He amazes me with his acting and his singing (when they let him sing), and he makes me care about a fictional character. And now I spend my valuable free time hosting this message board for him?

Woman, you think he makes /you/ suffer? He makes me watch Glee!
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/1/2012, 11:13 pm

paulopf wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:

Woman, you think he makes /you/ suffer? He makes me watch Glee!

He does that to all of us, sweetie.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 5/1/2012, 11:14 pm

^ ptdr
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/1/2012, 11:18 pm

ok, let me just say I love the episode for everything that's kurt. I don't like the domestic violence sl. it's very shoehorned in - it ends well but the beginning feel so weird! Rachel shouldn't choke but maybe because she is over confident well they need to manufacture some drama. Puck's story? ok. but if he fails, does it Mark stays on S4? hopefully. I like him, in small dozes.

now about phantom: i watched the show on bway as well as the movie. did the phantom do all these hand movments like Kurt did? why does he act like he was trying to hynotize someone? ok Tina's legs did fall asleep so I suppose this scene is for the laughs.

I dont think MOTN is seriously sung so they can provide a contrasts w/ the real audition song.

ok, now dont kill me, but tonight is the first time I like blaine this whole season. I liked when he supported kurt in rehearsal and praised him. i like when he's just being a nice supportive boyfriend in small dozes and hogging the microphone or hte screen. If he's always used like this I will be perfectly happy to be a klainer, even w/ that stupid useless boxing scene which serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever.

so, despite the problematic way they bring on the DV storyline, I still like this episode - because of Kurt and his songs (1.5!!!), and blaine being a good bf and not in the spotlight.

shake it out was beautifully sung. I don't think Jenna has ever sounded bettter. oh that NTBND number, guess what my hubby said? he said wow, I didn't know kurt can dance like that. I love that performance and it's VERY kurt. you see how he strips from his tux to the NTBND outfits? Razz I just love this boy, and chris nailed it as we all expected.

ok, I will talk more later.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/1/2012, 11:22 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Damn you, Chris Colfer! If I didn't love you so much, I'd hate you.
that's why gleeAddict snapped. too much love. then one day she woke up and one of her wiring got screwed up and it became intense hate. watch out she may want to come back today or tomorrow.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/1/2012, 11:23 pm

fantastica wrote:ok, now dont kill me, but tonight is the first time I like blaine this whole season. I liked when he supported kurt in rehearsal and praised him. i like when he's just being a nice supportive boyfriend in small dozes and hogging the microphone or hte screen. If he's always used like this I will be perfectly happy to be a klainer, even w/ that stupid useless boxing scene which serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever.

Were you drinking the Kool Aid, Kim?

Seriously, though, you are right. It was nice to see Blaine supporting Kurt and sitting on the stool for a change.

The hair gel thing was more meta. How much do we make fun of Blaine's hair gel? Ugh.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/1/2012, 11:24 pm

fantastica wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:Damn you, Chris Colfer! If I didn't love you so much, I'd hate you.
that's why gleeAddict snapped. too much love. then one day she woke up and one of her wiring got screwed up and it became intense hate. watch out she may want to come back today or tomorrow.

Don't worry. Shinra and I are ready for her. We can take her.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 5/1/2012, 11:27 pm

Someone somewhere pointed out that Rachel focused so much on rituals and things to avoid, but actually didn't mention practicing the song that she had sung so many times over the past 16 years. I can't verify, not until another 38 minutes, when it is live on the west coast. While Kurt seemed to do his audition on the fly, he had the costume on underneath. I think he's had it in the back of his mind the entire time, and just decided to go for it.

I think it was essential for the tightly wound Rachel to get up on stage and visualize singing this song to a NYADA representative prior to her audition. Sounds kind of like she was going to use her past experience and knowledge of all things Barbra.

I do think MOTN was done kind of for laughs, otherwise they wouldn't have used Tina like they did. I also think they would have lowered the register, because Kurt could have sang it lower and more like the original intent of the song.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 5/1/2012, 11:41 pm

Just watched the episode.

First the non Kurt stuff. I didn't actually mind the Beiste storyline, even though domestic violence is a subject that makes my blood boil. I was fine with it until she went back to Cooter at the end, that pissed me off no end. I'm not even going to bother recapping my feelings for this storyline because of the ending. Dot Marie Jones was splendid though. Puck's story was good. It just got boring after a point with all the bro scenes. There was really no point of them really. I felt for him at the end though, wonder what will happen.

Kurt and Rachel storyline. I was so nervous. Chris and Lea did a fabulous job acting this episode, but then again they always do. My heart was beating when Kurt was about to audition. I can't express how relieved I was when Kurt changed his mind with the song and his attire. Even though I kind of knew he would, but I was happy nonetheless. I screamed when he ripped off the phantom cover and the pants. He looked GOOD wub . I loved his performance, singing, dancing, everything. Favorite part of the episode for me, no doubt. Whoopi's reaction to his audition thrilled me too, I was so, so happy for him. FINALLY.

Rachel's audition was heartbreaking. I felt terrible for her. Lea really did a great job singing and acting tonight. I still have a feeling she'll get into NYADA eventually though, dunno why, I just have a feeling.

Short recap of this episode this time. I'm just really tired to go into too much detail. The episode was kind of boring, but Kurt's success made up for it Smile .

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/1/2012, 11:49 pm

^ as much as I hate for abused women to go back to their husbands, most do, at least in teh beginning - well for many "beginning" means the first 10-20 yrs unfortunately, but it feels realistic. besides, from the writers' point of view, if she is out of it, that story will end. now they can have her go back, and maybe fight w/ him, or whatever. they can drag this story along later when needed.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/1/2012, 11:50 pm

does anybody have a download link? I'd liek to watch it again. please??
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 5/1/2012, 11:51 pm

fantastica wrote:does anybody have a download link? I'd liek to watch it again. please??

Usually tvlinks.com has it up. I'm not sure if it's on the same day, but usually the next day. That's how I watch it again.

Last edited by sahhar on 5/1/2012, 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 5/1/2012, 11:51 pm

fantastica wrote:does anybody have a download link? I'd liek to watch it again. please??

I don't have a download, but a watch-online link. Hope it's good for you.

http://www.movreel.com/9pg4hnyn8cbf
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next