Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread

+24
happydays
GreenEyes
Esme
Delight
brisallie
Emile
ColferInspired
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Heyerchick
arina
CloveGlee
mellama
Dame Loli
ChrisColferFan1
Buenos
Shinra17
Jellyrolls
sahhar
fantastica
Divalicious
ColferGirl
paulopf
Glorfindel
28 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  tanita_mors 5/3/2012, 5:45 am

[quote="brisallie"]

Really? Was she that bad? ok searching immediately her performance on youtube ohmy Razz

[quote]
God luck with that, give that the video would have to be 25 years old. You may at best get one from a far, but that won't help you to see much of her acting I'm afraid.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 5/3/2012, 7:29 am

Is anyone else impressed by how quickly Rachel took off her Christine wig and changed into her regular clothes after Kurt switched songs? It was like 30-35 seconds. Do you think she had a tearaway Christine dress? And her hair was absolutely perfect despite have that wig on. Carmen shold be impressed by her quick changes Wink
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/3/2012, 7:33 am

tanita_mors wrote:
brisallie wrote:

Really? Was she that bad? ok searching immediately her performance on youtube ohmy Razz

God luck with that, give that the video would have to be 25 years old. You may at best get one from a far, but that won't help you to see much of her acting I'm afraid.
I have seen her on tv at the time (to promote the Phantom in shows and such), and she is really very wooden.
I also have the music book and another booklet of the musical with photographs of her as Christine in it, and even in those pictures she looks lifeless. Laughing
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/3/2012, 11:35 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
Has Blaine always had that little golf clap thing? Or is that something new that he does when he has to sit and watch Kurt sing?

I call these his Kawaii cute claps, he did those at least in IHN for Kurt. I have a feeling he has only recently started doing these small delighted claps.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 5/3/2012, 1:50 pm

So, I had computer problems but I've finally seen the whole ep. I really liked a lot of the episode whilst having a few dislikes and some disappointments.

Puck- I actually liked the fact that he got an F. I'm sure that won't be the end of the journey but it was realistic that one night of cramming after no study all year wouldn't cut it. I would like him to have to graft to get his diploma. I don't want it magically being handed to him. I hated the teacher 'seduction'; it was sleazy and not even funny. The scene with his Dad was ok, if short, but I hpe they show follow though and make him intent on graduating now for the last few eps.

Bro scenes- I actually liked the comedy of Finn's plan. This is the Finn I like. I thought the kidnap plan conversation was made of win.

Rachel- I thought the whole ep was good for her. Yeah, I'm not totally sure that I buy that she'd choke on that song but I suppose it can happen even to the best so I'll bite. I loved the monologue at the beginning. Very Rachel 1:0. Lea brought the devastation at the end beautifully. I also, btw, loved Finn here again. Finn, with stop watch, testing Rachel's 'faces' was brilliant. I loved him cradling her too. They can write Finchel as a sweet puppy HS love when they stop trying to sell them as Epic Love and keep them sweet and comedic. Have the drama for them as individuals, show!

Bieste and domestic violence- I liked the fact that it went dark and had her go back to Cooter. I wasn't expecting that and it was so realistic. I also liked the way they showed that during Shake It Out. Her face as she took their love and congratulations for getting out. The shame. The anguish. *That* was moving. I am waiting to see if they stick the landing though. As usual, they've set it up well. Will they actually, for once, resolve it well?

Kurt- So, so good. Loved the comedy of the MOTN rehearsal and the timing on his suggestions like being nude or having more candles. Hee. The vocals were beautiful though and I so want to buy it! crycry Oh, and incidentally, I liked Blaine more than I have for all of S3 when he was being comedic. Yeah, is there a pattern here, show? Stop trying to sell HS relationships as Love For The Ages. Kurt was also great at his audition. Ahem...

3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 Tumblr_m3duxasxFe1qzzzloo1_500

3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 Tumblr_m3f854IQ7W1qapg62o1_250

3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 Tumblr_m3diw8Y6Vb1qfoe0po2_250

3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 Tumblr_m3dl3p5I9D1qzzzloo1_500

3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 Tumblr_m3fk66bqRx1qj2lhoo1_500

3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 Tumblr_m3dh1et7zZ1qfoe0po1_500

ded

Um, where was I?

And I loved the vocals! Hee. But I was pissed they cut the high part out so abruptly. FFS, it was about 15 seconds more! Grrr...

I also loved the "I love you" scene with Rachel. Give me my Hummelberry, show, and I am happy. I want epic loves and epic fights from them. They can *do* epic and all without one bit of romance between them. Hee. I was irritated though that they packed so much into this episode that they weren't able to give Chris a few more scenes of comedy before the audition and perhaps a scene of celebration afterwards. It would have been a better arc for him then and, like Lea's was, a good tape for Emmys. Sigh. He still hasn't had a really stand out Kurt-centred ep through no fault of his own.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 5/3/2012, 2:39 pm

So, I didn't have any computer problem but I've finally managed to watch the episode Smile (my prob is more on a psychological level).
Quickly, as usual:
What I love: everything with Kurt, although I already have seen his whole performance beforehand through gif format lol.
Aside Kurt, my favorite part was Tina in the role of the wooden girl, she makes me laugh a lot with her way to not believe in her character for one second, and then when she scratched her wig Razz or when Kurt ordered her not to go too far, like a little spoiled brat.
Rachel: a bit a WTF moment for me with her audition. She had already performed at important events like regionals and nationals, even if she was extra-nervous for her audition, she should have been able to manage it and to go through, even if it means being terrible and more importantly she should have known that stopping herself was synonym of a game over. It's the first thing you learn about live performance: the show must go on.
The following moment, where she began to cry and to beg for a 3rd chance was horrible. If I was the casting judge, this lost of dignity would have definitely killed the candidate for me. Beside, from an acting pov and in the context of an emmy bait, it would have been more interesting to play a character who fought to keep her dignity while being devastated inside.
The last performance of Rachel is the usual thing I dislike about Lea. Unlike Chris who is in character and in context during the shooting and the recording of a song, Lea is over-emotional for the shooting but sing the song with a straight and clear voice. The gap between what I hear and what I see always put me off.

The 2 other sub-plots earned a lot of fast-forwarding Smile , what I kept from them is mainly: I like more and more the Nene character and I think the guys of the Puck SL lack a bit too much of comic timing (only Cory was good for me).
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 5/3/2012, 2:43 pm

brisallie wrote:Really? Was she that bad? ok searching immediately her performance on youtube ohmy Razz
Razz Razz Razz

Jellyrolls wrote:Is anyone else impressed by how quickly Rachel took off her Christine wig and changed into her regular clothes after Kurt switched songs? It was like 30-35 seconds. Do you think she had a tearaway Christine dress? And her hair was absolutely perfect despite have that wig on. Carmen shold be impressed by her quick changes Wink
Personally, I wondered about how Rachel would have reacted if she saw the Kurt's swan girls backstage before his audition Smile
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/3/2012, 4:08 pm

Kurt is quite a little pimp. Having 4 girls on his beak and call.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 5/3/2012, 4:37 pm

Dear heavens that one crotch shot is so dirty! I wonder if anybody really looked at that and realized how overtly sexual it comes across as? Oh, not saying I mind, or anything, but... uh... ahhhhhh.... wait, where was I? Oh, yes, this boy is gay and young enough to be my son. Ahem.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/3/2012, 4:47 pm

You mean this one phr34r

or this one

3x18 "Choke" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 Tumblr_m3f854IQ7W1qapg62o1_250

I believe that Chris has shown everyone what he has to offer whis
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/3/2012, 5:02 pm

I must really be old because I would never have noticed what the pervs on tumblr noticed. I think I was looking at his face or him as a whole, not focused below the belt.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/3/2012, 5:05 pm

Well, to bad for you Jelly. vexe

I'm just the right age. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 5/3/2012, 5:06 pm

I mean the close-up one that leaves absolutely nothing whatsoever to the imagination, as he looks at the camera with the expression that implies he's about to make a real mess of his clothes.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/3/2012, 5:08 pm

phr34r my favorite too phr34r
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 5/3/2012, 5:09 pm

But really, didn't anybody in the editing booth REALIZE THAT??????

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/3/2012, 5:10 pm

he looks HOT and READY for everything

phr34r (all is forgiven) phr34r
the editor - my new BFF
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/3/2012, 5:11 pm

maybe that should be my new avatar ???

nope, the pic isn't moving so no go. kitty for now, until i find my perfect phantom cap.

Last edited by tanita_mors on 5/3/2012, 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/3/2012, 5:13 pm

tanita_mors wrote:I believe that Chris has shown everyone what he has to offer whis
And apparently that is a lot. blushh

Jellyrolls wrote:I must really be old because I would never have noticed what the pervs on tumblr noticed. I think I was looking at his face or him as a whole, not focused below the belt.
I must be ancient too, because I always look at his face or his dance moves as well. I never notice this kind of..... 'stuff'. Smile

The gifs sure know how to make me notice, though. blinkk
Who cares about his vocal techniques and a high G now when we have gifs like that?

Dahum. I thought I wasn't that kind of a Kurtsie.
Well, the upside is: I'm still young at heart. whis

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/3/2012, 5:17 pm

CloveGlee wrote:But really, didn't anybody in the editing booth REALIZE THAT??????
Although I'm sure a lot of people are grateful for this..... inside information whis , I think they could have been a little more careful with this.

Imagine seeing yourself displayed like that on every forum and all over tumblr. unsure

Not that there is anything to be embarrassed about, but still.....
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/3/2012, 5:24 pm

could be worse or better depending how you look at it( phr34r he could be having a boner at that particular moment phr34r )

There was/is a video of a Defying Gravity performance from Arizona I think, that many peoples swear has Chris very "exited" in his tight blue pants (or maybe they very really tight and showed everything).
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 5/3/2012, 5:29 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
tanita_mors wrote:I believe that Chris has shown everyone what he has to offer whis
And apparently that is a lot. blushh

Jellyrolls wrote:I must really be old because I would never have noticed what the pervs on tumblr noticed. I think I was looking at his face or him as a whole, not focused below the belt.
I must be ancient too, because I always look at his face or his dance moves as well. I never notice this kind of..... 'stuff'. Smile

The gifs sure know how to make me notice, though. blinkk
Who cares about his vocal techniques and a high G now when we have gifs like that?

Dahum. I thought I wasn't that kind of a Kurtsie.
Well, the upside is: I'm still young at heart. whis

Oh, I didn't notice either, until tumblr made it really obvious. And you know... I guess there's something to be said for a young, attractive actor to be able to prove that he can be a real sex object instead of just a baby penguin. It's funny - he's like the only boy in Glee who has never had to show us his nipples, but we get to see exactly how thick and wide THAT is instead. I still can't believe they allowed that to get out.

Looks at gif again. And again. Ahem. Now, where is my husband?

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/3/2012, 5:34 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Is anyone else impressed by how quickly Rachel took off her Christine wig and changed into her regular clothes after Kurt switched songs? It was like 30-35 seconds. Do you think she had a tearaway Christine dress? And her hair was absolutely perfect despite have that wig on. Carmen shold be impressed by her quick changes Wink

Did you count how many seconds she took off her Christine costume into her black dress and regular hair? I did it too and it gave the same time so I'm impress how fast she was :O and I like your theory about the tearaway dress lol Talking about it, Kurt always has in mind as a second option NTBND? That why he was ready with that tearway outfit?

Glorfindel wrote:
I have seen her on tv at the time (to promote the Phantom in shows and such), and she is really very wooden.
I also have the music book and another booklet of the musical with photographs of her as Christine in it, and even in those pictures she looks lifeless. Laughing

Well I had not even born yet when this came out :p but as I told you in another forum fanny2 I only found the version of MOTN but it was enough for me to keep me away from that creepy look of her ohmy

Georgette888 wrote: Yeah, is there a pattern here, show? Stop trying to sell HS relationships as Love For The Ages.

AGREE.

tanita_mors wrote:Kurt is quite a little pimp. Having 4 girls on his beak and call.

tonguue Razz

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 5/3/2012, 5:37 pm

tanita_mors wrote:Well, to bad for you Jelly. vexe

and I'm just the right gender fufufu
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/3/2012, 5:40 pm

Shinra17 wrote:

Rub it in, why don't you. Mad Mad Mad crycry crycry crycry
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/3/2012, 6:05 pm

@Marie and Jelly , is not the age because honestly I didn't notice THAT what everybody in tumblr saw until precisely I saw the gift in tumblr Razz And damn I thought I was another kind of kurtsie too tonguue Wink

Glorfindel wrote:
Although I'm sure a lot of people are grateful for this..... inside information whis , I think they could have been a little more careful with this...

Some people in tumblr suggested that was done on purpose humhum But still don't see why?

tanita_mors wrote:could be worse or better depending how you look at it( phr34r he could be having a boner at that particular moment phr34r )

There was/is a video of a Defying Gravity performance from Arizona I think, that many peoples swear has Chris very "exited" in his tight blue pants (or maybe they very really tight and showed everything).

I saw that video sometimes ago and... and I'm not sure what to believe blushh I go for the second option that they were too tight.

Shinra17 wrote:

dryy you're evil Shinra!!!

I believe that Chris has shown everyone what he has to offer . whis

It sounds like he's a gigolo and you're the pimp Tanita lol

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next