Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread

+31
CloveGlee
M&M
Shinra17
BlueJazz
red texta
Jake667
Ireth
Kurt Hummel
happydays
sjonnepon
dap1217
Glorfindel
Emile
tanita_mors
valkeakuulas
Delight
ColferInspired
emilynna
arina
mellama
ColferGirl
angelnessa
brisallie
sahhar
kac
Buenos
Divalicious
fantastica
paulopf
Dame Loli
Jellyrolls
35 posters

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 11 Empty Re: 3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Emile 4/28/2012, 6:07 am

fantastica wrote:
Hahaha, "Sorry Rachel, all the solos went to Mike Chang!".
I would totally see a Barbra Streisand tribute with only Mike Chang singing. LOL.

But neither I think that he's backlashing Darren, he's noticing what everyone else have noticed: how much is ridiculous to do a BeeGees tribute and don't make Chris sing in it, and Darren's annoyingly evident overexposure.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 11 Empty Re: 3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Delight 4/28/2012, 6:20 am

Like the recap, especially when he said not having Chris sing in a Bee Gees episode is like not having Rachel sing in a Barbara Streisand one. I find that he's quite perceptive when he sang about getting hate from Klainers, and Gotye running the risk of having his career and reputation thrashed by outraged tumbler stans.

Divalicious wrote:
I didn't really perceive him dissing Darren, but pointing out the strangeness of not having Chris sing. The angel on my shoulder says that was all an experiment to find out if the audience doesn't like Chris' voice, or just falsetto in general. I think they know it is the falsetto they aren't appreciating, and not Chris' voice, because the songs didn't do great.

Yeah, the Glee songs from the disco episode did really poorly on the charts. The one that seemed to withstand the test of time a lot better was STIUTK.

I like your thinking. Now I can view this situation as people not being able to appreciate songs sung in falsetto in general, instead of people not liking Chris's voice.

Last edited by Delight on 4/28/2012, 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  red texta 4/28/2012, 6:21 am

Yeah, I woudln't claim Jim Cantiello actually dislikes Darren now. He'll probably like him again this week. But he's reflecting what a lot of fandom has been saying.
red texta
red texta
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/28/2012, 6:44 am

red texta wrote:Yeah, I woudln't claim Jim Cantiello actually dislikes Darren now. He'll probably like him again this week. But he's reflecting what a lot of fandom has been saying.

Remember the Big Brother recap. He spent the whole thing talking about Darren's overexposure, but then ended it with "but I want more." So, I don't think he dislikes Darren.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/28/2012, 12:19 pm

Hahaha. I also get that flailing is as extemporaneous as raging, but I'm noticing little stuff I missed the first time and I can't stop watching the "okay. Boo" bit. aa54

And the way he says "thaaanks" to the Chandler guy. More love! aa54
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/28/2012, 12:37 pm

Hm. I still have no problem with Chandler guy. He's kinda campy and a bit over the top, but even if he was a lot campy and a lot over the top, I'd still wouldn't have a problem with that. Though i understand where a lot of people are coming from when they dislike the fact that Glee didn't choose a more traditionally masculine guy to pursue Kurt. I know it's not hating against kinda flamboyant (thought Chandler's not really that much. He's noisy and yeah, feathers fly when he gets excited, but ) guys, but cause precisely, because in general there's some prejudice against, hm, more on the so called "feminine" end of the spectrum guys, and Glee for sure is aware of it, this could be interpreted, in general, as if Kurt is not attractive to "alpha" gays, which could reinforce the idea that Blaine's the "better catch".

This, I'd agree, is precisely while Blaine got Sebastian as a pursuer. According to Glee's standards (and probably to those of a lot of casual viewers), he also embodies a "better kind of gay", even if he's mean. Personally, I don't find him hot. He's not ugly, but he looks common and I roll my eyes at emaciated/baby-faced guys who try to pose as what they think it is to be "super masculine".
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 4/28/2012, 5:29 pm

I thought they made Chandler dorky for two reasons:

-To make fun of Taylor Oakley, which is disturbing, and

- To make sure that it was clear Kurt was enjoying the tweets because he liked the attention, not because he wanted to sleep with the guy sending the tweets. That's why he didn't realize it was cheating; he did not have any actual intention of doing anything physical with Chandler. Now, Chandler probably did. That's the sad part. I think it's almost certain Kurt really hurt this little puppy's feelings.

Just an aside... I wonder how much our moresongs4kurt twitter campaign impacted this episode and the one to follow next week?

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/28/2012, 5:37 pm

I think part of the reason I didn't like Chandler is because of the way it portrays Kurt vs. Blaine. It kind of implies to the audience that Kurt can't do better than Blaine. If they break up, Kurt can only get a flamboyant dorky guy like himself, but Blaine is "sex on a stick" (or perhaps sex on a twig would be more appropriate), and he will always have cool, hot guys interested in him if he breaks up with Kurt. I didn't need for Chandler to be hot, but it would have been nice if they didn't make him an overanimated annoying version of Kurt. They could have just made him a grounded sweet guy without making him overly flamboyant and irritating.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/28/2012, 6:27 pm

CloveGlee wrote:I thought they made Chandler dorky for two reasons:

-To make fun of Taylor Oakley, which is disturbing, and

- To make sure that it was clear Kurt was enjoying the tweets because he liked the attention, not because he wanted to sleep with the guy sending the tweets. That's why he didn't realize it was cheating; he did not have any actual intention of doing anything physical with Chandler. Now, Chandler probably did. That's the sad part. I think it's almost certain Kurt really hurt this little puppy's feelings.

Just an aside... I wonder how much our moresongs4kurt twitter campaign impacted this episode and the one to follow next week?

Can't stand Tyler Oakley. He seems so phony.

And about your second point, indeed, that's very acute, especially cause there's a tendency to desexualize flamboyant boys, like they're all about the glitter and the fashion so they mean no "danger". Interesting.

Jellyrolls wrote:I think part of the reason I didn't like Chandler is because of the way it portrays Kurt vs. Blaine. It kind of implies to the audience that Kurt can't do better than Blaine. If they break up, Kurt can only get a flamboyant dorky guy like himself, but Blaine is "sex on a stick" (or perhaps sex on a twig would be more appropriate), and he will always have cool, hot guys interested in him if he breaks up with Kurt. I didn't need for Chandler to be hot, but it would have been nice if they didn't make him an overanimated annoying version of Kurt. They could have just made him a grounded sweet guy without making him overly flamboyant and irritating.

I think different kind of people irritate different kind of people. Chandler didn't irritate me, probably because overly flamboyant doesn't irritate me when it's genuine. People like, I don't know, Santana, who think they're cool cause they say mean things, irritate me, though. Also, women like Rachel, who are convinced they are the best of the best. Yet, objectively, there's nothing wrong with a person like Rachel or even Santana, as long as they're not mean to others.

I, personally, don't think getting Blaine or getting Sebastian is necessarily getting something better than Chandler. But I understand your point and I agree with it: Glee wants the audience to believe that, in fact, getting a guy like Chandler, or Kurt, is not as good as getting the "alpha gays". Therefore, they're trying to make it look as if Kurt can't do better than Blaine.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/28/2012, 7:01 pm

^ it's those offensive undertones that made me rage.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 4/28/2012, 7:10 pm

While Sebastian is perceived as an alpha male, he still had no finer emotions for Blaine. All he wanted was a role in the hay, and then he would be on his merry way to the next cute guy. Kurt, on the other hand, attracts people who want Kurt, not just his body. They find him interesting, and seem to seek a relationship. Karofsky, which was wrong in every way, didn't want to just have sex with Kurt, he wanted a boyfriend. Chandler, while most likely not the most masculine of individuals, also wanted a relationship, and seemed willing to work for it. Blaine even, fell in love with who Kurt is, not just his physical form. While we may acknowledge what the writers will not, that Chris is a gorgeous young man, he is the kind you marry. Blaine is wanted for his physical appearance, whether he be your type or not, and not for who he is. From that point of view, I can see why he would be insecure, that people want what he represents, instead of who he really is, it's all shallow and meaningless. People know if you get Kurt, you get everything, intelligence, loyalty, attractiveness, talent and someone interested in making a life with you. Kurt isn't one for anything meaningless, over the long term. I will admit he is human and likes flattery, but he won't settle for flattery.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/28/2012, 7:18 pm

i would go one step further from the fact that kurt can't do better then blaine. i think the show wants us to believe that there is no better then blaine. blaine is the top of the hierarchy, every gay guy wants blaine and every gay guy who might want kurt just hasn't met blaine yet. dave is an exception because they started of antagonistic and blaine is the boyfriend of dave's long time fixation, but he just met them, you could bet he would want blaine. not because he is hotter or a greater guy then kurt, but because it's the way the show has set up their dynamic. everybody wants blaine, because everybody bushes non stop about darren criss (you should see the number of publications and podcasts that couldn't stop talking about dc in a black suit). the fact is, blaine's entire image and presence is strictly physical and vocal. he is there so he can be their teenage dream and nothing more.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/28/2012, 7:22 pm

^ they need blaine to lead their show in S4 so yeah, he has the be the alpha something.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Heyerchick 4/29/2012, 3:03 am

Interestingly, the most ardent Blaine and DC fans I know are upset and anxious about Season 4. They're not expecting Blaine to lead the show: quite the opposite. They think the choir room is dead, the competition treadmill has already been done to death, nothing about the juniors graduating next year will have the same drama or resonance, the writers will want to play with the shiny new toy of the graduate narrative strand in - presumably - NYC and the older main characters they can do more with. They recognise that the show is where Rachel Berry is, and are expecting less for Blaine in S4 if he's apart from Kurt.

I think there's a lot of angst and uncertainty throughout fandom, irrespective of who your favourite is. I know I personally won't be able to settle until I know how much Kurt I'm getting. I love Rachel too, I love Finn and Santana and Burt, but I *need* Kurt. It's Chris's presence that outweighs all the narrative issues that make me all brain hurty. Every week, I still experience a true thrill seeing Christopher Paul Colfer on my TV. Kurt is my pov character.

As for the alpha gay label, that was annoyingly meta in that way the Glee writers have: hang a lantern on a genuine narrative issue without any intention of addressing or resolving the issue. The fact is, Blaine may be the alpha gay in the eyes of the world, but Kurt is the alpha gay in Blaine's eyes. The adoration, admiration, desirability, loveability, the fascination - Blaine doesn't need or even really see anyone but Kurt. From the moment they met, Blaine has been all 'look at meeeeee, Kurt, look at meeeeeee!" Even when he's trying to push Kurt away, trying to learn to live without him, Blaine is all about Kurt. And that is pretty explicit in the narrative too, in my opinion.
Heyerchick
Heyerchick
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/29/2012, 3:15 am

Heyerchick wrote:Interestingly, the most ardent Blaine and DC fans I know are upset and anxious about Season 4. They're not expecting Blaine to lead the show: quite the opposite. They think the choir room is dead, the competition treadmill has already been done to death, nothing about the juniors graduating next year will have the same drama or resonance, the writers will want to play with the shiny new toy of the graduate narrative strand in - presumably - NYC and the older main characters they can do more with. They recognise that the show is where Rachel Berry is, and are expecting less for Blaine in S4 if he's apart from Kurt.

I think there's a lot of angst and uncertainty throughout fandom, irrespective of who your favourite is. I know I personally won't be able to settle until I know how much Kurt I'm getting. I love Rachel too, I love Finn and Santana and Burt, but I *need* Kurt. It's Chris's presence that outweighs all the narrative issues that make me all brain hurty. Every week, I still experience a true thrill seeing Christopher Paul Colfer on my TV. Kurt is my pov character.

As for the alpha gay label, that was annoyingly meta in that way the Glee writers have: hang a lantern on a genuine narrative issue without any intention of addressing or resolving the issue. The fact is, Blaine may be the alpha gay in the eyes of the world, but Kurt is the alpha gay in Blaine's eyes. The adoration, admiration, desirability, loveability, the fascination - Blaine doesn't need or even really see anyone but Kurt. From the moment they met, Blaine has been all 'look at meeeeee, Kurt, look at meeeeeee!" Even when he's trying to push Kurt away, trying to learn to live without him, Blaine is all about Kurt. And that is pretty explicit in the narrative too, in my opinion.

It's all up in the air.

No-one knows what is happening.

All the media reports I have heard this year is Chris, Lea, Corey, Naya Jane, Matt and now Dianna are all signed for Season 4. I have not heard anymore reports of others being signed.

I probably have missed a reports, but those are the ones that I have seen.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/29/2012, 3:21 am

there's a definitely a disconnection between the narative and the perception that fans or audiences are getting in their heads. Finn in the first 2 seasons were written as the best male singer in glee club. It didn't stick. Even as Cory's singing improved a lot over the years he's stuck in many fan's eyes as a "worst singer". They tried to push Damian as the "magical" creature of some sort and it quickly fizzled out. Kurt was labled as as Rachel's only competition yet he hardly gets any competition songs, and his solos are very limited, especially this season. the dynamic between klaine is very straight forward - they love each other. period. but somehow there are a lot of "inequalities" or double standards that fans noted based on the way their relationship is written, and they frequently are intepretated as kurt being the less attractive, less talented and less desireable. This discrepency between the canon narative and the audience perception is the often the source of a great deal of anger and rage in the fandom.

I don't hang out in blaine fan sites so i have no idea what his fans think. I guess fans of anybody is hard to please?? I can understand their fear that if the heavyweights are gone, blaine may not carry the show, and if the show's rating tank, people would blaine DC for ruining the show.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/29/2012, 3:27 am

just because someone is "signed on to season 4" doesn't mean they will appear regularly like the main characters do now. the truth is there is not "revolutionary" idea. every possible scenero we have already gone through, even the absurd ones like graduates being on a reality show, etc. there's really no way they can solve this mess w/o hurting the ratings. the show will fail. it's just a matter of time.

Lea, Chris, Cory and Diana each have over a million twitter followers. let's say only half of them watch Glee. plus there are also their loyal fans who do not have twitter. on episodes they are not on the show and their fans decide not to watch it can mean a reduction of millions of viewers. it would be devastating considered that they only have 6+ million viewers now, about half as much as they used to have in early S2.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/29/2012, 4:24 am

Heyerchick wrote:I know I personally won't be able to settle until I know how much Kurt I'm getting. I love Rachel too, I love Finn and Santana and Burt, but I *need* Kurt. It's Chris's presence that outweighs all the narrative issues that make me all brain hurty. Every week, I still experience a true thrill seeing Christopher Paul Colfer on my TV. Kurt is my pov character.
same here. w/o chris glee will be like any other TV show - I will only watch it if it's well written, well acted, having subject matters that interests me personally, and worthy of the hour I spend watching it every week. I know glee cannot pass this test, so I won't be watching w/o chris.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/29/2012, 4:57 am

Heyerchick wrote:Interestingly, the most ardent Blaine and DC fans I know are upset and anxious about Season 4. They're not expecting Blaine to lead the show: quite the opposite. They think the choir room is dead, the competition treadmill has already been done to death, nothing about the juniors graduating next year will have the same drama or resonance, the writers will want to play with the shiny new toy of the graduate narrative strand in - presumably - NYC and the older main characters they can do more with. They recognise that the show is where Rachel Berry is, and are expecting less for Blaine in S4 if he's apart from Kurt.

THIS. That is what I noticed as well. While Blaine is the ideal man to everyone else, Kurt is the same for him. I never felt that Blaine was settlement for Kurt. I think his falling in love with him was too sudden, but I never felt that he was the one who was in it for convenience sake. And I think this worshiping of Kurt as gotten stronger this season. Blaine adoration of Kurt is blinding him to the way him and Kurt are looked at and the way people act around them.

That is way I was so pissed off that they writers did all they can do to avoid the "two stars conflict" that they promised us at Comic Con. That would have opened so many doors into their relationship, how they view each other as well as each others talent in comparison to their own. We could have had some real, actual conflict that wasn't a third party contrivance. But no, God forbid, that ambitious Kurt says or does something that can harm his ship or anger his boyfriend. So much potential of I Am Unicorn ruined by one effing scene in Asian F.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/29/2012, 6:55 am

tanita_mors wrote:
THIS. That is what I noticed as well. While Blaine is the ideal man to everyone else, Kurt is the same for him. I never felt that Blaine was settlement for Kurt. I think his falling in love with him was too sudden, but I never felt that he was the one who was in it for convenience sake. And I think this worshiping of Kurt as gotten stronger this season. Blaine adoration of Kurt is blinding him to the way him and Kurt are looked at and the way people act around them.

That is way I was so pissed off that they writers did all they can do to avoid the "two stars conflict" that they promised us at Comic Con. That would have opened so many doors into their relationship, how they view each other as well as each others talent in comparison to their own. We could have had some real, actual conflict that wasn't a third party contrivance. But no, God forbid, that ambitious Kurt says or does something that can harm his ship or anger his boyfriend. So much potential of I Am Unicorn ruined by one effing scene in Asian F.
When they didn't follow through with the 'two stars conflict' they ruined Klaine, imo. Ever since then they are just.....there. Let's not touch the heavenly ship Klaine !!! Stupid rabid fans. dryy

The conflicts Klaine had since then, in TFT and last episode, were both based on silly love triangles. It did move them a bit forward in their relationship, but it was purely based on their jealousy and trust, and besides the 'Blaine will miss Kurt next year' there is no development in their relationship otherwise. I miss the negotiations in their relationship, the rivalry in show choir, the getting used to each other, their similarities and their differences and how they deal with that. They touched upon that again with Kurt going meta in the bed room scene, but there is absolutely no follow up and it's pissing me off.
And in 'Wanna Dance With Somebody' Klaine was completely about Blaine's feelings and grievances, not Kurt's. We owe it to Chris' fabulous acting that we got how Kurt was feeling about the conflict.

It's interesting that we only really got the hardship of Kurt going to NY next year in his scene with Burt. I felt that the heavy lifting of acting and storytelling why Blaine was upset about Kurt leaving for New York was done by Burt.
That one Burt/Kurt scene was inserted to hit the emotions home, because Mike O'Malley and Chris always know how to nail an emotional scene. All Blaine had to do after that is break down and confess he would miss Kurt: imo they didn't need Darren to try to go deep into the emotions, because Burt (Mike O'Malley) had already done that.
It's a nice trick to hide Darren's mediocre acting, imo. And it's not the first time they display Blaine's emotions via another actor or scene.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/29/2012, 7:08 am

Actually, I think that emotional impact of the departure hasn't hit Kurt yet. He realizes that he is leaving but now he is in the ecstatic phase where he can't wait to get out of Lima. I think it has yet to dawn on him that he is leaving everyone behind, no matter that they can skype or see each other often. Also, it show in him telling Blaine "YOU will visit ME in New York every weekend".
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/29/2012, 7:44 am

Heyerchick wrote:

Something weird happened when I tried to post this comment the first time. Okay. Here I go again.

I was saying that Kurt is my absolute favorite as well. I watch the show for him and I warmed up to other characters according to how they behave around Kurt. I think I will tolerate one more season, even if he's a guest star, but definitely not three more after that, if the seven year contract is observed. Also, I understand the secure paycheck concept, and I completely respect it if Chris' decisions have a lot to do with that. But I'm not sure, if being on Glee for so long, in the end, will be that productive for his career, especially for his image as a serious artist, not just a commercial one. I don't remember the exact quote, but there was a small note about Struck By Lightning where it was said that getting a movie script penned by a 21 year old from Glee would made anyone suspicious.

About the Blaine thing, I would agree that the show wants to sell the idea of him being completely in love with Blaine. Not from the beginning, though. Yet, as with pretty much everything else about this character, that too is very inconsistent. His situation with Sebastian was ambiguous and a door was left open there. And even in canon, he did see him and he did enjoy his attentions and flattery. He also seeks approval and acceptance from other people, which is not censurable. That's why he felt angry when Finn kept criticizing him, and why he reacted so strongly when Sam diminished his ideas in front of the club. Also, that's why he has a group of friends, the boys, among which Kurt in not usually included.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/29/2012, 8:14 am

paulopf wrote:
But I'm not sure, if being on Glee for so long, in the end, will be that productive for his career, especially for his image as a serious artist, not just a commercial one. I don't remember the exact quote, but there was a small note about Struck By Lightning where it was said that getting a movie script penned by a 21 year old from Glee would made anyone suspicious.

Glee is not a TV series that is considered quality television by any means (writing: inconsistent and occasionally horrible, acting: mostly mediocre). It got much critical acclaim during its first one and a half seasons, but things pretty much went downhill from there.

I believe Brian Dannelly recounted in one of the SBL interviews or Q&A's that he first reaction was to sigh heavily when he was introduced to the script of SBL as one that was written by one of the kid actors on Glee (Goes to show how Glee is generally perceived by the other professionals in the entertainment industry). It's really great that Chris's script quickly changed his mind and made him determined to be the one to direct the film.

paulopf wrote:
About the Blaine thing, I would agree that the show wants to sell the idea of him being completely in love with Blaine.

Blaine being in love with Blaine... A slip of the tongue? However, it's probably not that far off from the truth, when you think about it Razz

Attention seeker (even from people like Sebastian whom he really shouldn't continue to have contact with). Unable to tolerate criticisms (or any situation where he's not the one in the spotlight). Gets angry easily (and shows said anger by singing angry songs). Needs to have other people come to him first after every argument to apologize for bruising his ego and tell him he's the most talented and special person etc (see: Finn, Cooper, Kurt). Hey, we actually do have some consistent characterization for Blaine this season. Just none that, you know, actually makes him like-able.

Hmm... am I in the right thread for all this discussion? I sometimes lose track... tonguue
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/29/2012, 10:09 am

Delight wrote:
Attention seeker (even from people like Sebastian whom he really shouldn't continue to have contact with). Unable to tolerate criticisms (or any situation where he's not the one in the spotlight). Gets angry easily (and shows said anger by singing angry songs). Needs to have other people come to him first after every argument to apologize for bruising his ego and tell him he's the most talented and special person etc (see: Finn, Cooper, Kurt). Hey, we actually do have some consistent characterization for Blaine this season. Just none that, you know, actually makes him like-able.

Hmm... am I in the right thread for all this discussion? I sometimes lose track... tonguue

When you put it this way, Blaine really is unlikeable. LOL. But yet he is so loved and adored by everyone who lays eyes on him (based on the fact that everyone stops and watches and cheers for him when he sings, even the jocks in there lettermen jackets).

Blaine is really an enigma. Everything about him screams the exact opposite of how he is portrayed. It's like I said in a tweet to Brad, how does someone who dresses and acts like Blaine get not get bullied in a school that has a history of bullying like McKinley? How can the same students who voted Kurt prom queen and slushied the quarterback of the football team and head cheerleader not bully and slushy a boy like Blaine? Why has he been put on a pedestal and made to be loved and admired by everyone from the first episode he appeared in?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 4/29/2012, 5:18 pm

Just finished watching the episode (at last Smile )
quick impressions:
- No finchel drama => A+
- love chandler, he has something like 2 mn of screentime and already more personality than blaine after 30 episodes
- brittana's song => bah, fast-forward.
- LOL@Will who plans his wedding depending on the ND kids graduation. I wouldn't like to be in the shoes of Emma
- Kurt/Burt scene => <3<3<3 and quality acting as usual
- About acting, I think DC just scared the hell out 90% of the directors and producers who might be interested in him as an actor
- The klaine's plot was ridiculous, the least to do before getting overdramatic is to ask for explanations, blaine keeping Kurt's phone while being asked to give it back alone deserved a break up. And DC's acting isn't helping, blaine sounded either fake or completely childish.
- I have nothing is really out of Chris' tessitura, as usual he gave a lot of conviction to the lyrics and I would have prefered him singing to Burt.
- I like the quinn/dreadlocks scenes, I can't say if the TGP guy is good because he may be very close to the character but I find he has a good presence and owns his dialogue lines.
- lol@the last number, everyone's entrance was shown except Tina-Mike's
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum