Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies reviews by yourself

+19
ColdFlame96
ChrisColferFan1
ColferGirl
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Ireth
Jellyrolls
BlueJazz
Buenos
Kurt Hummel
Emile
Delight
Sani
Glorfindel
tanita_mors
brisallie
fantastica
paulopf
Shinra17
23 posters

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

Movies reviews by yourself - Page 5 Empty Re: Movies reviews by yourself

Post  brisallie 4/29/2012, 9:18 pm

paulopf wrote:

Do I want to watch this? Gulp.

fantastica wrote:i used to LOOOOVE horror movies. now I can ony watch it w/ other people in the room. I don't know why. I am now terrified of things that I used to think is very additive to watch. old age? unsure

To my both scary guys, I think the story behind this movie is more than horror, I won't deny there're scenes that are disturbing but I insist I recommend it. By the way I found the full lenght version in youtube:

Spoiler:

PS: by mistake I added the "story" word, is only A tale of two sisters.

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/29/2012, 9:27 pm

usually Asian horror movies are very gruesome.

Anybody watched Audition? a Japanese thriller. It's the last horror movie i watched. I still haven't reccovered yet. and i saw it like 7 yrs ago.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/29/2012, 9:34 pm

fantastica wrote:usually Asian horror movies are very gruesome.

Anybody watched Audition? a Japanese thriller. It's the last horror movie i watched. I still haven't reccovered yet. and i saw it like 7 yrs ago.

Audition! I don't remember that movie very well, since I saw it kinda through my fingers. Is it the one about the woman who would keep those moving bundles, who were her victims?
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/29/2012, 9:44 pm

there was one moving bundle. well the main guy, whose feet were being sawed off at the end...
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/29/2012, 9:49 pm

paulopf wrote:
fantastica wrote:usually Asian horror movies are very gruesome.

Audition! I don't remember that movie very well, since I saw it kinda through my fingers. Is it the one about the woman who would keep those moving bundles, who were her victims?

@Kim, now I see why. I remember I found it by mistake on TV some years ago, was just the scene she was torturing the old man ohmy I couldn't sleep later because of that, it was so disturbing and painful. But A tale of... is less eye hurt to watch.

@ Paulo, this's a picture to remind you
Movies reviews by yourself - Page 5 Audition3
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/29/2012, 9:53 pm

the reason Audition stuck to me is not only the horror of it near the end, but the fact that there's no ghost, no monster. the girl remains cool and calm and serene and "nice", but you sense the chill coming out of her calmness. it's psychologically more terrifying than the typical monstrous creatures.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/29/2012, 9:54 pm

brisallie wrote:
@ Paulo, this's a picture to remind you
Movies reviews by yourself - Page 5 Audition3

Evil person! Tonight I'll watch a horror movie and tomorrow I'll tell you all about it, just to prove you that I can! No pansy! Evil or Very Mad
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/29/2012, 9:56 pm

fantastica wrote:the reason Audition stuck to me is not only the horror of it near the end, but the fact that there's no ghost, no monster. the girl remains cool and calm and serene and "nice", but you sense the chill coming out of her calmness. it's psychologically more terrifying than the typical monstrous creatures.

Yes! It's like The Shining!
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/29/2012, 10:14 pm

fantastica wrote:the reason Audition stuck to me is not only the horror of it near the end, but the fact that there's no ghost, no monster. the girl remains cool and calm and serene and "nice", but you sense the chill coming out of her calmness. it's psychologically more terrifying than the typical monstrous creatures.

That why I can't stand horror or psychological movies with children because I see those sweet angel faces who became later in the most horrible people ohmy So is the same with Audition or any film that has those kind of "nice" people, are the worse.

paulopf wrote:

Evil person! Tonight I'll watch a horror movie and tomorrow I'll tell you all about it, just to prove you that I can! No pansy! Evil or Very Mad

Be thankful that I didn't put the trailer because I thought to do it to remind you the movie but instead I only put a picture Twisted Evil
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/29/2012, 10:15 pm

brisallie wrote:
Be thankful that I didn't put the trailer because I thought to do it to remind you the movie but instead I only put a picture Twisted Evil

Seems to be you're forgetting that I gave you Sadako's eye. Do you want more of that? Do you really? bih
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/30/2012, 5:27 pm

paulopf wrote:
Emile wrote:Okay. I've recently seen this greek movie, named Kynodontas, in english Dogtooth, that I want to recommend in case you haven't seen.

Wow. I read your summary and watched the trailer thanks to the link you provided. Now I really want to watch the whole thing! Looks disturbingly good, but I'm wondering where can I find a Greek movie in my country! Argh!
^Eh, probably only on the internet. I don't know if where you live it was released, here no (and probably will never, umpf, I hate my country), so I watched it online with subtitles. Wink (finding out that greeks talk incredibly fast, LOL).
I think you can find some links with english subtitles.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 5/4/2012, 2:41 am

I finally saw Avengers! It was a lot of fun, though I didn't like that Loki was not conceded his real badass moment. Boo on that. The other characters were meh, but not detestable, except for Captain America when he got preachy (bold movement there, by the way), and Iron Man when he tried to be all funny. Some mistakes that defied logic, easily ignored except for one, which, hello? I mean, the Hulk is unbridled brute force or he's a guy with a bad temper but a good heart. Can't see him being both, especially with no explanation for such a transition.

So that. And I ate a hot dog. Relevant cause food makes me all kinds of happy. bounce

Oh! And Loki looked absolutely beautiful. Absolutely. Captain American and Thor were hot too, of course.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/4/2012, 12:09 pm

paulopf wrote:I finally saw Avengers! It was a lot of fun, though I didn't like that Loki was not conceded his real badass moment. Boo on that. The other characters were meh, but not detestable, except for Captain America when he got preachy (bold movement there, by the way), and Iron Man when he tried to be all funny. Some mistakes that defied logic, easily ignored except for one, which, hello? I mean, the Hulk is unbridled brute force or he's a guy with a bad temper but a good heart. Can't see him being both, especially with no explanation for such a transition.

So that. And I ate a hot dog. Relevant cause food makes me all kinds of happy. bounce

Oh! And Loki looked absolutely beautiful. Absolutely. Captain American and Thor were hot too, of course.

I'm not into Marvel comics much, so can you tell me more about this Loki character? Is he a bad guy? And if he is, why is it that he seems to be very popular?

Since I'm considering watching this movie, I'd like to ask: Is it necessary to watch Captain America, Thor, The Incredible Hulk and the two Iron Man movies before one can enjoy watching this one?
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 5/4/2012, 12:51 pm

^ I haven't watched the movie yet but I've been reading the Marvel comics for a long time. Loki (in the Marvel universe, not sure if it's the case in the Scandinavian mythology) is a villain, he's the God of Mischief and also the half-brother of Thor and both are the sons of Odin. He's definitely a bad guy but because of his family position in Asgard, the good characters can't treat him like a mere villain character, they have to deal with him like parents have to do with a horrible kid. I can't tell you why he's popular, but personally, I find him funny though.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 5/4/2012, 3:14 pm

Delight wrote:
I'm not into Marvel comics much, so can you tell me more about this Loki character? Is he a bad guy? And if he is, why is it that he seems to be very popular?

Since I'm considering watching this movie, I'd like to ask: Is it necessary to watch Captain America, Thor, The Incredible Hulk and the two Iron Man movies before one can enjoy watching this one?

Well, I have not read the comics, so I know about them mostly from the movies and, I don't know... pop culture. Loki is, indeed a villain. I don't know why he's so popular, lol, I just know I loved him in Thor and I loved him even more in this movie. And that he looked really good. Look at me being all profound. Embarassed

Shinra17 wrote:^ I haven't watched the movie yet but I've been reading the Marvel comics for a long time. Loki (in the Marvel universe, not sure if it's the case in the Scandinavian mythology) is a villain, he's the God of Mischief and also the half-brother of Thor and both are the sons of Odin. He's definitely a bad guy but because of his family position in Asgard, the good characters can't treat him like a mere villain character, they have to deal with him like parents have to do with a horrible kid. I can't tell you why he's popular, but personally, I find him funny though.

Loki, in mythology, as far as I know, is an outcast and kind of a naughty character. Indeed like an unruly child, at times. He's a liar, he bribes and cheats. He was raised among Thor and other Gods.

I haven't read the comics. Another thing that now I would like to do. Meh. I liked him a lot, probably because it was impossible to completely figure him out and cause he seemed really tortured by his inner demons. Among my tribe when we distributed characters after watching the movie, I got Loki. See? He's cool.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 5/4/2012, 9:55 pm

paulopf wrote:Among my tribe when we distributed characters after watching the movie, I got Loki. See? He's cool.
I see. suspectt . he's like you or you're like him? Smile
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/5/2012, 8:17 am

Thanks for the explanation about Loki, guys neutre .

I'm not familiar with mythology and I guess various comics have their own versions of Loki.

The first time I've come across Loki was when I was reading Neil Gaiman's Sandman graphic novel series. In that comic, he was the schemer who brought about the death of the Dream Lord, and that's how I remembered him. The Loki in the Sandman comics isn't good-looking though tonguue

paulopf wrote:Well, I have not read the comics, so I know about them mostly from the movies and, I don't know... pop culture. Loki is, indeed a villain. I don't know why he's so popular, lol, I just know I loved him in Thor and I loved him even more in this movie. And that he looked really good. Look at me being all profound. Embarassed

That's a good enough reason for a character to be popular, evil or not Razz

The actor who played Loki must be good, if he can be villainous and appealing to the audience at the same time. I sometimes think that it is more fun for actors to play villains in the movies.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 5/5/2012, 10:15 am

Shinra17 wrote:
I see. suspectt . he's like you or you're like him? Smile

He's like me: cool. coool

Delight wrote:
That's a good enough reason for a character to be popular, evil or not Razz

The actor who played Loki must be good, if he can be villainous and appealing to the audience at the same time. I sometimes think that it is more fun for actors to play villains in the movies.

An excellent reason. I would say the actor is, indeed, very compelling. My only complaint about the movie is that I didn't feel like he had his moment to shine, to get fed up and go all badass on his own. I'm not sure about how fun it'd be to play the villain. Well, in a light movie like Avengers, I guess it must be fun, but when they're a bit darker, like The Dark Knight, playing those guys can do a number on actors' minds, especially if something is already happening there. Playing The Joker supposedly triggered Heath Ledger. RIP.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/8/2012, 11:23 am

I thought Tom Hiddleston who played Loki was perfect for the role. I'm not sure if he will also be starring in Thor 2.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/11/2012, 11:39 am

I read here or in the Tv Show tread that some of you like Korean tv shows. That reminded me of a movie I was about 10 years or so called Shiri (Swiri). I was incredibly impressed with the theme (a North vs South Korea spies), the action and the movie as a whole. It's very violent but for those who like political thrillers with great action scenes, some drama and romance it's a perfect movie. I give it my highest recommendation.

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/11/2012, 12:02 pm

The American film directed by Martin Scorcese, "The Departed" won alot of awards and accolades a few years back, starring Jack Nicholson, Leonardo de Caprio, Matt
Damon, Mark Wahlberg, etc, etc.

In some ways I prefer the original film in which it was based, a Hong Kong action thriller called "Infernal Affairs" made about 10 years ago. Great movie!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/11/2012, 2:24 pm

Buenos wrote:The American film directed by Martin Scorcese, "The Departed" won alot of awards and accolades a few years back, starring Jack Nicholson, Leonardo de Caprio, Matt
Damon, Mark Wahlberg, etc, etc.

In some ways I prefer the original film in which it was based, a Hong Kong action thriller called "Infernal Affairs" made about 10 years ago. Great movie!

I didn't watch 'The Departed' but I did watch Infernal Affairs! neutre

Most touching scene for me was when the true identity of the mole in the mafia/triad was protected by his somewhat dim-witted gangster sidekick (one whose intelligence he underestimated but who became his most loyal ally during his time of need). Did the American film have that character as well?

Then, because no successful HK movie can escape the fate of mediocre sequels, we got Infernal Affairs II and III...
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/12/2012, 9:57 am

Saw the Avengers movie today.

Favourite funny scenes in the movie: Hulk punching Thor after they stood side by side as supposed allies. Hulk beating up Loki. Thor saying that Loki was adopted.

Joss Whedon had successfully used the Hulk as comic relief. I stand in awe of his brilliance.

A friend who accompanied me to the cinema to watch the movie is now a Loki fan, and we followed that up by watching the Thor movie on DVD afterwards (Thor is so 'meh' in comparison, but we got to see more Loki!). There's something bewitching about the character Loki all right, or maybe it's all due to the actor who plays the character ooppss
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 5/12/2012, 10:45 am

^I'm a Loki lover, probably, as you said, cause of how the actor portrays him. I felt he wasn't allowed to shine in the movie. And I didn't like it when the Hulk beat him. I mean, he's super strong and whatever, but Loki is a god, and if the Hulk is unbridled rage, then Loki is unbridled madness. I would have liked some retaliation.

Speaking of the Hulk, maybe I missed something, but how comes he managed to control himself and even followed Captain America's orders, when not so long before he had tried to smash Black Widow?
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 5/12/2012, 10:52 am

I saw Battleship yesterday. Lol. If you're in the mood for some heroic cheesiness (but of the really cheese variation), and lame jokes, go see it. Otherwise, don't waste your money. I enjoyed it, especially the nauseated reactions of some of the people who went with me. ptdr Oh, and all the guys are hot. Also, first time Rihanna makes me say the same about her.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum