Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies reviews by yourself

+19
ColdFlame96
ChrisColferFan1
ColferGirl
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Ireth
Jellyrolls
BlueJazz
Buenos
Kurt Hummel
Emile
Delight
Sani
Glorfindel
tanita_mors
brisallie
fantastica
paulopf
Shinra17
23 posters

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

Movies reviews by yourself - Page 3 Empty Re: Movies reviews by yourself

Post  tanita_mors 4/24/2012, 9:17 am

Leach sites are sites that get download links for you. That is, you paste a RS,FF,Jf,.... link in a paste bar, and they download the file on their server for you to download with max speed and now waiting. Unfortunately they have time and space limits. For Example - LeachKing allows 500mb every 2 days and the file can't be bigger the 200 mb, and not all new file sharing sites are included (uploaded.to for example).

I asked because you said you need "enough data allowance to download the Glee episode later on." They work on that principal, but maybe you meant for you internet limit in general.

I have fleet adsl, so data allowance isn't a problem.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/24/2012, 9:53 am

tanita_mors wrote:Leach sites are sites that get download links for you. That is, you paste a RS,FF,Jf,.... link in a paste bar, and they download the file on their server for you to download with max speed and now waiting. Unfortunately they have time and space limits. For Example - LeachKing allows 500mb every 2 days and the file can't be bigger the 200 mb, and not all new file sharing sites are included (uploaded.to for example).

I asked because you said you need "enough data allowance to download the Glee episode later on." They work on that principal, but maybe you meant for you internet limit in general.

I have fleet adsl, so data allowance isn't a problem.

Ooh, this is the first time I've heard of such a thing as leach sites. I'm sure it's a feature that I would exploit more if and when I get decent speed internet.

But yes, I'm more limited by my internet data allowance limit, which is a measly 6Gb per month on a mobile broadband. contract. It's very slow too Mad

Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/24/2012, 7:57 pm

@ Tanita, thanks indirectly for that information about Leachsites neutre Never heard about it before.

So can I recommend a movie? Is a spanish film called CAMINO (path in english) and is about a girl whose name is precisely Camino,she was raised under a catholic family with strong and extreme values and has to deal with new things in her life such first love and an illness, mixing up this with her own reality and her fantasy. I aware those who're not very much into religion that the main plot is about how people in the movie see and feel the faith, what's the limit between be a religious person and a fanatic. Personally is a movie that made me think how catholic church it works and how far can go but also how there're people that has an immense faith that I wish to have, not only related to religion but on everyday things neutre

Reviews: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/camino_2008/ and http://www.smh.com.au/news/entertainment/film/film-reviews/review--camino/2009/04/15/1239474935778.html

I'm sorry the trailer doesn't has subs:

Some of the dialogues says:
"This girl is taken Jesus really serious"
"I thank God everyday for the illness of my daughter"
" Do you want me to pray to die too?"
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/24/2012, 8:14 pm

Seams interesting. I'll check out the trailer. I understand Spanish pretty well.

Now for one of my recommendations : My favorite Spanish film (and probably my favorite romance film ever ) that isn't an Almodovar picture is "El amor perjudica seriamente la salud" (1996). It's just glorious and probably the first film I have ever seen with Penelope Cruz. You wont regret watching it. It's about two people who love or are attracted to each other so much that when ever they meet the sparks fly, but just can't or want stay together.

Two young people meet in the 60's as a result of their devotion to John Lennon, and have a recurring relationship during the next thirty years at the oddest of moments, in the most diverse places, and during very important moments that defined several decades. Pay attention as one couple of younger actors alternate with the other couple of older actors to recreate this 30 year span in this Spanish-French comedy

I think the whole movie is posted on Youtube in 6 parts for Spanish native speakers or those who speak the language. Here is part 1 :

Last edited by tanita_mors on 4/24/2012, 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/24/2012, 8:19 pm

Ivana, did you learn all these languages from watching movies/tv? or did you study them in schools? or is it easier for Europeans to learn another european language?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/24/2012, 8:36 pm

Well, Serbian is very difficult and complicated language for non-Slavic people. For us, learning other European languages except Hungarian and Finnish (because they don't resemble anything else) is relatively easy if you have even a little bit of a gift.

English in particular is incredibly simple and easy for me. I have the biggest problems with spelling, because there aren't quite fixed rules in English as there are in Serbian. The basic writing and reading rule in our language is " Write exactly how it's spoken, read exactly how its written". Our alphabet has 30 letters. The letter A is pronounced in English like the letter E in ours, E like I, I like A. For example, the word "city" would be written by Serbian spelling rules like this "siti" or read as "citi" "took" written as "tuk" or read "tok", "read" written as "rid" or spoken as "read - each letter separately",... That is how your words are pronounced but you write them differently. That is why we must learn by heart how English is spoken because your way is unnatural to us. That is why I have a lot of spelling errors.

Spanish I learned completely from watching telenovelas in the 90's. I don't speak it all that well, but I understand about 90 % of all dialog and about 60 % with Portuguese and Italian. I leaned Russian in school and am I bit rusty because I don't ever use it, but it very similar to Serbian so you never really forget it.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/24/2012, 8:43 pm

I believe Chris Colfer's last name is pronounced like "golfer" but w/ a "k". I noticed during the festival the announcer introduced him as such and the director also pronounced it that way. In other words the "o" sounds more than the o in "box" than in "go".
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/24/2012, 8:54 pm

Yeah, that is how I pronounce it. Like Golfer but with a K instead of G. CH as K as well (but not always)
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/24/2012, 8:56 pm

Look, it's my 500th post which means I'm finally a

Movies reviews by yourself - Page 3 30675
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/24/2012, 9:08 pm

@ Tanita, though you understand spanish pretty well, I'm still searching the subs on internet if you wanna see Camino. And talking abou languages issues, Is also unnatural for us how english is spoken because spanish speakers- probably you know this- we pronounce the words exactly as they're written. So when I started to study english some years ago I had no clue about pronunciation lol.

I'll give it an opportunity to the movie you recommend Smile and you know the actress that appeared the first minutes of the film I know her for being more a singer than actress:

and Penelope is for me an Almodovar's muse despite she's being in other films.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/24/2012, 9:45 pm

congrats Ivana! that's a very pretty doll!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 4/24/2012, 10:58 pm

I never really took an interest in Spanish which is funny because I'm a quarter Spanish. I've been interested in French for as long I can remember. I was so happy when I started taking at school this year. It's probably one of the only classes I actually enjoy.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/25/2012, 11:25 am

Just watched Saved (thanks again, tanita_mors, for the DL link).

Let's just say that I was expecting more from the movie, because Brian Dannelly was apparently very well thought-of as a director after this movie.

I really can't judge a director's skills or genius by watching a movie, so I won't attempt to in this case.

The movie itself was a bit too heavy with the 'message', I thought. I also wasn't too impressed by the main actress, so I find it difficult to engage in the movie. Also, the mean girl in the movie is a too cliched Bible-thumper. It is interesting to see Macaulay Culkin in a role outside of his 'Home Alone' movies though. He plays the only character I kinda liked in the movie.

Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/25/2012, 3:16 pm

Delight wrote:Just watched Saved (thanks again, tanita_mors, for the DL link).

Let's just say that I was expecting more from the movie, because Brian Dannelly was apparently very well thought-of as a director after this movie.

I really can't judge a director's skills or genius by watching a movie, so I won't attempt to in this case.

The movie itself was a bit too heavy with the 'message', I thought. I also wasn't too impressed by the main actress, so I find it difficult to engage in the movie. Also, the mean girl in the movie is a too cliched Bible-thumper. It is interesting to see Macaulay Culkin in a role outside of his 'Home Alone' movies though. He plays the only character I kinda liked in the movie.

Has passed so many years that I barely remember the whole details from this movie, personally I didn't found it was heavy with the message because I've seen movies with a stronger religious message, but I can't deny that I was expecting something more than a dark comedy but at the end become into a dramedy. I didn't like the main lead either, actually my fav ones were Macaulay and the jewish girl who was his girlfriend Smile

About Brian as director, one thing is the director and one thing is the writer, what Brian did was putting on screen what the writer wanted to express. Maybe they discussed some scenes and how to show it, I don't really know how is the relationship between the director-writer in movies.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/25/2012, 3:17 pm

Delight wrote:The movie itself was a bit too heavy with the 'message', I thought. I also wasn't too impressed by the main actress, so I find it difficult to engage in the movie. Also, the mean girl in the movie is a too cliched Bible-thumper. It is interesting to see Macaulay Culkin in a role outside of his 'Home Alone' movies though. He plays the only character I kinda liked in the movie.
^I don't know, to me is the contrary. A lot of smart issues, developed in a superficial way.
Haha, I loved "Home alone" when I was little, but now the TV sends it broadcast like every. single. year. under the holidays. arghh

Regard the Spanish, I've never took a Spanish class, even if I'd like too because it's a really beautiful language.
And I don't like spanish telenovelas. phr34r ... When these are dubbed in Italian it cames out an hideous and unwatchable thing, really.

But maybe I should try to watch more spanish films. For now I only watched "Abre los ojos" during a cineforum (...I don't know how to say it in english! A sort of extra class at school were we saw a movie and when it ended we have a discussion about it).
Someone watched it?
I even watched the american remake, "Vanilla sky". But the original was surely better.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/25/2012, 3:33 pm

^

I watched "Abre los ojos" and I didn't like the remake at all, can't believe Penelope is in both version but it seems her character was different. Hollywood tend to destroy good movies, maybe The Ring was one of the exceptions.

O.O don't like telenovelas?! I'm fan of them, when I was a child I used to see all of mexican telenovelas and then I get into brazilian telenovelas which are the best for me, that why I understand a little bit of portuguese. But I see you point, there's nothing better than watch a movie, series or telenovela in their original language because what the actor is transmitted through the screen it feels more real and natural and you're learning a new language at the same time Smile

PS: in a previous post I recommended a spanish movie called Camino.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/25/2012, 4:04 pm

^Penelope is good in both of them, but IMO Tom Cruise is a dog at acting.
brisallie wrote:O.O don't like telenovelas?! I'm fan of them, when I was a child I used to see all of mexican telenovelas and then I get into brazilian telenovelas which are the best for me, that why I understand a little bit of portuguese. But I see you point, there's nothing better than watch a movie, series or telenovela in their original language because what the actor is transmitted through the screen it feels more real and natural and you're learning a new language at the same time Smile

No, I really don't like telenovelas. I'm sorry, but I find them so long, and boring and repetitive. arghh

But yes, I agree, there's really nothing better that watch a film/TV show in the original language, it seems to make me 'connect' more with what I'm watching. If it makes any sense!
Just recently here there was an art exhibition about the 70's in America, with a cinema, where they projected films like "Easy Rider" in the original language, and I was in absolutely heaven!! I was there almost every day, hahaha.

But about the Italian dubbing that was another thing. I mean that when we dub here a Latin America telenovelas cames out a really awful thing.
Like, watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXewh86EGaA
^Even if you don't understand Italian you can see the voices are out of sync, and it's an ufficial dubbing. arghh

Oh! I'm going to read about "Camino" then! I have nothing to do, so if it ispires me maybe I'll watch it.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/25/2012, 4:05 pm

brisallie wrote:^

I watched "Abre los ojos" and I didn't like the remake at all, can't believe Penelope is in both version but it seems her character was different. Hollywood tend to destroy good movies, maybe The Ring was one of the exceptions.

O.O don't like telenovelas?! I'm fan of them, when I was a child I used to see all of mexican telenovelas and then I get into brazilian telenovelas which are the best for me, that why I understand a little bit of portuguese. But I see you point, there's nothing better than watch a movie, series or telenovela in their original language because what the actor is transmitted through the screen it feels more real and natural and you're learning a new language at the same time Smile

"Abre los ojos" is fantastic! Vanilla Sky... Couldn't even watch it. The Ring? Nah... The American version didn't even have the inverted eye!

I'm not a fan of telenovelas either. No. No.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/26/2012, 11:51 am

But about the Italian dubbing that was another thing. I mean that when we dub here a Latin America telenovelas cames out a really awful thing.
Like, watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXewh86EGaA

That telenovela is argentinian and is called "Patito Feo", here is a original scene which is not the same from your video:
Patito Feo

And I didn't like that telenovela though some songs were catchy lol

@Paulo, what inverted eye? I don't remember that scene from "Ringu"
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/26/2012, 1:14 pm

brisallie wrote:That telenovela is argentinian and is called "Patito Feo", here is a original scene which is not the same from your video:
Patito Feo

And I didn't like that telenovela though some songs were catchy lol
Yeah, here it was called "Patty's world".
Such a bad telenovela, my god. And not one of those "so bad it's so good". No, LOL.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/26/2012, 1:49 pm

I used to watch telenovelas back in the 90's and probably till 2005-2006. The last one I remember watching (the whole thing) was La Madrastra. Now, I really can't stomach them (the overacting is terrible) or that template of television. I prefer the serialized shows with seasons and with out direct continuation of episodes.

My favorite one was a Venecuelan called Llovizna. I was obsessed with that one because it had a brilliant villain. He made the show for me and created a template which I mostly fallow to this day - if a show doesn't have a great villain, pass it. Some of my favorite characters are villains or anti-heroes/ambiguous characters. Glee is one of the first shows where I was rothing for a character like Kurt. Usually Sue or Santana are more my cup of tea, but not here.

Another great telenovela I liked was Mexican I think - La Usirpadora with Fernando Colunga and Gabriela Spanic.
Another one was a Brazilian called Lazos de Familia - Family Ties - huge cast and fantastic acting in that one.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/26/2012, 3:06 pm

brisallie wrote:
@Paulo, what inverted eye? I don't remember that scene from "Ringu"

Spoiler:

It's scarier in context, though.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/26/2012, 6:07 pm

tanita_mors wrote:I used to watch telenovelas back in the 90's and probably till 2005-2006. The last one I remember watching (the whole thing) was La Madrastra. Now, I really can't stomach them (the overacting is terrible) or that template of television. I prefer the serialized shows with seasons and with out direct continuation of episodes.

My favorite one was a Venecuelan called Llovizna. I was obsessed with that one because it had a brilliant villain. He made the show for me and created a template which I mostly fallow to this day - if a show doesn't have a great villain, pass it. Some of my favorite characters are villains or anti-heroes/ambiguous characters. Glee is one of the first shows where I was rothing for a character like Kurt. Usually Sue or Santana are more my cup of tea, but not here.

Another great telenovela I liked was Mexican I think - La Usirpadora with Fernando Colunga and Gabriela Spanic.
Another one was a Brazilian called Lazos de Familia - Family Ties - huge cast and fantastic acting in that one.

You know, La madrastra is a remake from a 80's telenovela with the same name which is from my country originally so I'd rather that version than the 2005, besides I can't bear the lead actress because her characters are always the same for me, the poor woman who's crying an episode behind another one. So that why I stop watching mexican telenovelas and I moved on to the brazilian ones because they're so much better, the plot and the acting. However I forgot what was the last telenovela I watched from the beginning to the end; I think it was "Cobras e Lagartos" (snakes and lizards)

I usually don't follow venezuelan telenovelas but YES I saw Llovizna Smile but I forgot the plot. Also I watched La Usurpadora, until today is one of my favorite ones and Lazos de Famila, I was so in love with Edu and I'd rather him with Helena than Camila.

From Llovizna:
The dead of the villain

@ Paulo, I was eating when I saw that picture so I spat out my lunch ohmy
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/26/2012, 7:37 pm

brisallie wrote:
tanita_mors wrote:I used to watch telenovelas back in the 90's and probably till 2005-2006. The last one I remember watching (the whole thing) was La Madrastra. Now, I really can't stomach them (the overacting is terrible) or that template of television. I prefer the serialized shows with seasons and with out direct continuation of episodes.

You know, La madrastra is a remake from a 80's telenovela with the same name which is from my country originally so I'd rather that version than the 2005, besides I can't bear the lead actress because her characters are always the same for me, the poor woman who's crying an episode behind another one. So that why I stop watching mexican telenovelas and I moved on to the brazilian ones because they're so much better, the plot and the acting. However I forgot what was the last telenovela I watched from the beginning to the end; I think it was "Cobras e Lagartos" (snakes and lizards)

I usually don't follow venezuelan telenovelas but YES I saw Llovizna Smile but I forgot the plot. Also I watched La Usurpadora, until today is one of my favorite ones and Lazos de Famila, I was so in love with Edu and I'd rather him with Helena than Camila.

From Llovizna:
The dead of the villain

@ Paulo, I was eating when I saw that picture so I spat out my lunch ohmy

She is an OK actress, but the crying episode after episode irritated me to no end as well. I think what really worked for me was that she and Cesar Evora really had amazing chemistry, they sold the show.

Another one i remembered is Mujer de Judas - a rather unusual telenovela in it's theme and I always remember it because they stole a murder scene from my favorite tv show - Profiler.

There are at least a dozen more I remeber watching. I'll list them some other time.

In Lazos de Familia - YES, Edu was hot, hot, hot ;but the pair I loved form it were the female veterinarian and that rancher/horse trainer (what ever he was).
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/26/2012, 9:18 pm

tanita_mors wrote:

She is an OK actress, but the crying episode after episode irritated me to no end as well. I think what really worked for me was that she and Cesar Evora really had amazing chemistry, they sold the show.

Another one i remembered is Mujer de Judas - a rather unusual telenovela in it's theme and I always remember it because they stole a murder scene from my favorite tv show - Profiler.

There are at least a dozen more I remeber watching. I'll list them some other time.

In Lazos de Familia - YES, Edu was hot, hot, hot ;but the pair I loved form it were the female veterinarian and that rancher/horse trainer (what ever he was).

I used to bear that actress more in the 90's ,then her acting level go down but I can't deny I like the chemistry she had with Cesar Evora. You know he's one of my fav actors and despite he's old enough to be my dad I think is handsome. The other day I caught a scene of him with a little boy in a new telenovela which name I don't know.

I didn't watch all the episodes of La Mujer de Judas but I remember what's the story was about and you're right, it was quite different from others, I like when telenovelas goes beyond the typical storyline and It seems you like venezuelan telenovelas a lot.

Only for your eyes: EDU
Movies reviews by yourself - Page 3 17221739

on a side note: this actor had lymphatic cancer last year but he's better now.

I liked the love triangle of Pedro (the horse trainer), his younger cousin and the female veteranian Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next