Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies reviews by yourself

+19
ColdFlame96
ChrisColferFan1
ColferGirl
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Ireth
Jellyrolls
BlueJazz
Buenos
Kurt Hummel
Emile
Delight
Sani
Glorfindel
tanita_mors
brisallie
fantastica
paulopf
Shinra17
23 posters

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

Movies reviews by yourself - Page 6 Empty Re: Movies reviews by yourself

Post  Delight 5/12/2012, 11:18 am

paulopf wrote:
Speaking of the Hulk, maybe I missed something, but how comes he managed to control himself and even followed Captain America's orders, when not so long before he had tried to smash Black Widow?

You're right about that change being a tad unbelievable, or maybe 'unexplained' is a better word.

Only reason I could think of is that Bruce kinda voluntarily transformed into Hulk when he took on the alien invaders, whereas on the ship, the Hulk got unleashed after a bomb made him really angry. Besides, the Hulk still punched Thor despite having shed most of his 'mindless berserker' status. Or maybe that has to do with Thor himself being so insufferable that the Hulk couldn't resist the temptation.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 5/21/2012, 10:03 am

I just saw this film, Hanna (with protagonist Saoirse Ronan, the young talented actress from Lovely Bones and Atonement), and if you didn't saw it, then I recommend it, it's not bad at all.

With IMDb words, the film talks about "a 16-year-old who was raised by her father to be the perfect assassin" and was "dispatched on a mission across Europe" while being "tracked by a ruthless intelligence agent and her operatives"; and like you can read, is not the most original of the themes for a movie about a ruthless killer who know nothing about life, apart what the books her father used to read her say.

But all the escape (not revenge) theme was treated more like the initiation to life she needed and its big and small pleasures: from the music, to the discovery of friendship. It's a movie that makes not desperate effort creating exciting action scenes or in affecting the viewer, but succeeds in both. Really nice!
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 5/21/2012, 3:08 pm

Ah! I've seen this movie and I did enjoy it as well. Hannah quickly was added to my list of awesome badass women that are also way more than one-dimensional characters, which I worship: Alice, Hitgirl, Beatrix Kiddo, Sarah Connor, Shoshanna Dreyfus, Cataleya, Ellen Ripley from movies.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/21/2012, 3:11 pm

@Emile, now that you have mentioned the "Lovely Bones" which is also a movie of Saoirse, Do you recommend it? I wanna know because I'm downloading it Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 5/21/2012, 3:52 pm

paulopf wrote:Ah! I've seen this movie and I did enjoy it as well. Hannah quickly was added to my list of awesome badass women that are also way more than one-dimensional characters, which I worship: Alice, Hitgirl, Beatrix Kiddo, Sarah Connor, Shoshanna Dreyfus, Cataleya, Ellen Ripley from movies.
Ohhhh yeah, Hanna sure is one of those badass. And don't forget Nikita!
brisallie wrote:@Emile, now that you have mentioned the "Lovely Bones" which is also a movie of Saoirse, Do you recommend it? I wanna know because I'm downloading it Smile
AH! Absolutely! Lovely Bones is one of those movies that stole my heart and cut it into little pieces. If you can watch it, do it!
And all the soundtracks are beautiful (I love "Alice" by Cocteau Twins)!
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/23/2012, 9:23 pm

Just saw THE LOVELY BONES and I cried like a baby crycry because since I read a book about a dead man who was looking everything from the heaven that I haven't seen/read anything with this plot ,so is a different point of view which is very interesting .But what broke me down was the fact that his dad went too far to find out the truth.

As Susie said hopefully those we're here we have a happy and long life Smile and that girl Saoirse Ronan has a future as actress.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 5/24/2012, 1:57 am

I saw a documentary today called Water Children. It followed the work of an artist who had recently lost her husband and was starting to think about how she wouldn't have more children cause her body was changing. Because of these two factors, she decided to make an installation, which she called a cathedral, made out of white silk dresses. In the center, there was a red room, which was some sort of hanging sculpture, made out of other dresses tinted in red. The resource used to tint them, though, was particular, because it was said that it was menstrual blood. Women who went to visit the cathedral, were invited to take one of the dresses and follow the same ritual: tint them with their menstrual blood and share her stories with the artist, so she would get inspired to make some variations to some Bach music.

Here, I make a parenthesis. I went to this movie with a woman, a lady in her thirties, and she was uncomfortable with the focus on that process of the female body. Personally, I felt detached from this particular situation, probably cause being a guy, it's a whole foreign process for me. I know how it works and having been raised by a woman, of course I've found myself in charge of administering pills and camomile and massaging stiff limbs once a month, but, in general, I don't really think about this process.

So, although the technicalities to follow the ritual made me wonder, I didn't really pay much attention to this particular issue. To me, this was a very beautiful and moving documentary. The photography was splendid. There was a particular panning, for instance, from the pianist's hand on the keyboard, to her shoulder and the side of her neck. It was breathtaking. I know noting of music, but I really connected with the emotions she was pouring into her interpretation of that piece, just by that shot.

The Water Children, in Japan, are babies who die before they're born. Women who followed the ritual shared their experiences about their feminine condition (although I think this was not deeply explored) and about these unborn creatures. One had an abortion, one didn't want children, one couldn't conceive (the film's director, actually), another one felt she was ready for a baby, but was afraid, another one wanted a second baby, another one kept suffering from spontaneous abortions so she and her husband decided to stop trying after the four miscarriage. Some of her partners also talked about it.

So, well, to me, it was a movie about life in itself and about being alive. There's a testimony from one of the husbands, who says that after visiting the cathedral, he changed his methods to cultivate his land. For instance, he stopped using pesticides. Instead, he trusted spiders to help him get rid of harmful bugs. And he started taking a camera, to capture everything, even dragonflies and other insects, he said. I understood this as turning every little detail in a celebration of life.

I liked the movie, and just so we're clear about this, it was not judgmental at all. It didn't criticize people who decided not to have children. The project (both movie and cathedral), simply invited people to share their experiences and testimonies.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 5/24/2012, 9:27 am

^Woh, from what you said seems like a really interesting project! Now I'm curious, I'll have to search for more info. Thanks for sharing!

Unfortunately: documentary that talks about spontaneous abortions = never gonna happen in Italy. Bless internet!

brisallie wrote:Just saw THE LOVELY BONES and I cried like a baby crycry because since I read a book about a dead man who was looking everything from the heaven that I haven't seen/read anything with this plot ,so is a different point of view which is very interesting .But what broke me down was the fact that his dad went too far to find out the truth.

As Susie said hopefully those we're here we have a happy and long life Smile and that girl Saoirse Ronan has a future as actress.
Oh, I know. The bottles scene was...Movies reviews by yourself - Page 6 Untitled-1
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/30/2012, 5:10 am

just watched Avengers last night. very entertaining but also very forgetable. what can I say, if you like superhero movies it's great. I am not a fan of super heros. in fact, among all the characters in the movie, I like the villain hte most. I find both the iron man and the captain America super annoying. actually I hate captain America. all the other "good guys" are also annoying but to a lesser degree. who is the guy who plays the villain? He's the only truly beautiful creature in that movie.

p.s. I find it very troubling when I am using Ivana's kitty pic as avatar. Everytime I see it I think of her. I need to cut that chord so I can be free. so I am back to my own kitty.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/30/2012, 6:01 am

What's with thinking about me ??? You should be doing it 24/7, all of you !!!!

Seriously though, every time I saw my ex-avatar, I always have to remind myself that it's not me, and they I gaze at it far to long and try to pet it with my hand cursor. blushh

You know what, the kitty is mine again from now - I'm too attached to it.

Oh and , Tom Hiddleston is a BAMF and I love him to peaces (I also love that Loki outfit so much). Hi's character (with the same actor) is also in the movie Thor.

Movies reviews by yourself - Page 6 LokiAvengers_1314991333

Movies reviews by yourself - Page 6 Loki_Avengers
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/30/2012, 6:32 am

not fond of those dung beatle horns. but yes he's so handsome. it's strange I am never attracted to classically beautiful men like that one who plays captain America. He's just super boring. and his character is laughable - If a wok lid can be used as a weapon then he needs a spatula too.

thanx for the pic Ivana!

no I don't want to think about you. I am glad you got your kitty back. now I have my own. we get twice as many kitties to look at. and no identify crisis to freak us out.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/30/2012, 9:17 am

fantastica wrote:who is the guy who plays the villain? He's the only truly beautiful creature in that movie.

Whoa, there is definitely something unnaturally charismatic and bewitching about this Loki character/ Tom Hiddleston actor.

I feel the same way too, after watching Avengers, and the friend who went to the cinema with me (who's never into superhero comic books as far as I could tell) was so smitten by Loki that we had to go out and rent 'Thor' afterwards just to get more doses of Loki. Loved Loki. Couldn't stand Thor ooppss
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 6/5/2012, 10:34 pm

fantastica wrote:just watched Avengers last night. very entertaining but also very forgetable. what can I say, if you like superhero movies it's great. I am not a fan of super heros. in fact, among all the characters in the movie, I like the villain hte most. I find both the iron man and the captain America super annoying. actually I hate captain America. all the other "good guys" are also annoying but to a lesser degree. who is the guy who plays the villain? He's the only truly beautiful creature in that movie.

I so agree with you. I've been hearing and reading a lot of Iron Man appreciation, and though at first the character that annoyed me the most was Captain America, now definitely Iron Man takes the prize. He wasn't witty as he was supposed to appear. He was just irritating and babbled too much. Ugh. Yeah. Loki.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/8/2012, 12:38 pm

fantastica wrote:just watched Avengers last night. very entertaining but also very forgetable. what can I say, if you like superhero movies it's great. I am not a fan of super heros. in fact, among all the characters in the movie, I like the villain hte most.

Same here, I only watched Avengers because of the good reviews but i find it entertaining but very forgettable. I watched it not long ago but I only remember a few funny scenes that make the viewers in cinema LOL (like the part where Thor said Loki was adopted Razz ) There're lots of low-budget films which are much memorable. I'm not a fan of superheroes,too. I don't know why but they're just not my thing. I didn't like/hate any of the characters but I think Loki is pretty gifable tonguue

Anyone watching Game of Thrones here?

Edit : I have moved the follow-up of your question about the Game of Thrones in the TV series thread Wink
- Shinra

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 6/14/2012, 5:04 pm

I'm going to post here too my review about a Danish movie called "In a Better World", which I went to see last night.

I went to see this kickass movie yesterday. First, I’d say that I would have preferred a different resolution, probably a bit darker, but that probably derives from a personal penchant than from anything else. Also, I think it was around 10 minutes too long, which makes the movie lose a bit of impact. Other than that, it was amazing.

The acting was superb. One of the friends with whom I assisted, wondered out loud how do directors get kids to act like that. Seriously: the two boys, who played Christian and Elias, were extraordinaire, both casting and acting wise. Christian’s gaze was genuinely scary, while Elias’ sweetness and innocence seemed completely natural, nothing forced about it or stereotyped.

The movie made me wonder if using violence against violence only generates more violence or if using the right amount of violence against violence actually stops it. It also made me consider that in this world there are actual evil people, not just products of an unfair system.

Christian loses his mom due to cancer. He and his father move to the countryside, with his grandmom. There he meets Elias, a kid who’s mocked and bullied by a bigger guy named Sofus and his small gang of brats. Meanwhile, Elias’ father works abroad, as a doctor, at some small and very poor African village. The conflict explodes when Christian beats up Sofus, who had hit him with a ball, right in the nose, after he (Christian) tried to stand up for Elias.

I must confess that I was rooting for Christian when he decided to beat the crap out of Sofus, with a metal pipe. He actually did it when Sofus had Elias cornered in the restroom. It’d sound terrible, but even if he had a knife and threatened the bully with it, I think he did the only thing he could to protect himself and his friend. And it worked. Starting from there, after being questioned by the school’s authorities and the police, Sofus started respecting Christian, and even tried to befriend him, but he dismissed him and kept loyal to Elias, even if he acted in a civil manner to seemingly reformed Sofus. As Christian complained, the school’s authorities were not moving a finger. After the beating up and the police intervention, they thought it was enough to make the boys apologize to each other and shake hands.

Of course, the problem was that what happened in the microcosmos which was school extended to the macrocosmos of real life, and we see Elias’ dad being hit, in front of his kids and Christian, just because he stopped a fight between his younger son, Morten and another guy’s kid. The other guy was a mechanic, as sturdy as Anton, but more aggressive. When Christian realizes that Anton is not going to do a thing to stop the other guy’s abuse against himself, he decides to take measurements in his hands and makes a ton of bad decisions. Worst part: he drags Elias into the mess.

With all his terrible mistakes, I still think Christian was a product of a system which turns a blind eye on injustice and which teaches individuals that showing emotion or affection is being weak, and that it’s useless and ridiculous to care about others’ pain. So even if his actions had terrible consequences for others (though the ending is not completely unhappy), I can’t blame him.

But, Christian’s counterpart would be another character. A guy known in the small African village where Anton worked, as Big Man. He’s Christian’s counterpart because he’s not a product. He’s evil. Plain as that. No trauma or influence that can somehow explain it. Just because he enjoys it. Sample: it’s widely known in the village, that when he encounters a pregnant woman, this man bets with his guards (and I don’t want to sound melodramatic but I’m tearing up while writing this part), about the sex of the unborn baby. The only way to find out is cutting the pregnant woman open, so he can check. That’s evilness. Pure evilness. At some point, this demon needs Anton’s help and he, though everyone is opposed to it, decides to help, because he’s a doctor and he feels like it’s his obligation. Til one of the women hurt by Big Man dies in the operation table and the guy doesn’t show any remorse. He makes crude jokes about her. Anton throws him out of the camp and tells loudly that he’s not his responsibility any longer. Of course, the villagers, once the doctor has taken away his protection, tear Big Man apart. I’m not sorry. I thought: “that thing had it coming”.

Tough movie, beautiful movie. If you can, check it out.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 6/15/2012, 1:24 pm

paulopf wrote:The movie made me wonder if using violence against violence only generates more violence or if using the right amount of violence against violence actually stops it. It also made me consider that in this world there are actual evil people, not just products of an unfair system.
These are some heavy moral issues. The movie eventually answered these questions or left the reflexions open?
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/16/2012, 3:14 pm

There's a new musical movie called "Rock of Ages" starring Tom Cruise, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Bryan Cranston, Alec Baldwin, Russell Brand, Julianne Hough, Diego Boneta etc. Has anyone seen it?

ps: I'm surprised that Tom Cruise is in it Shocked Can he sing?

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/16/2012, 4:10 pm

BlueJazz wrote:There's a new musical movie called "Rock of Ages" starring Tom Cruise, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Bryan Cranston, Alec Baldwin, Russell Brand, Julianne Hough, Diego Boneta etc. Has anyone seen it?

ps: I'm surprised that Tom Cruise is in it Shocked Can he sing?

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I have seen the Broadway version. I really love the show. They did a fantastic job of picking great 80s songs to tell the story. I am definitely going to see the movie .
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 6/17/2012, 9:44 pm

Emile wrote:
These are some heavy moral issues. The movie eventually answered these questions or left the reflexions open?

I'd say though the movie shows certain consequences that derive from the character's actions that can lead to these questions, clear answers are not provided. The spectator is left wondering about them and confronting his/her own certainties or doubts concerning them.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 6/18/2012, 7:41 am

^O-kay, thanks! Wink I was wondering because the movie seems interesting, so probably leave the audience with the reflexions open is for the best when it comes for these kind of questions.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/22/2012, 3:34 pm

Last night I saw (500) days with summer with Zooey Deschanel and Gordon-Levitt. I'd say it clasifies into the chick flick movies but is more realistic that other films from that genre. Tom (Gordon) I'd say is a romantic guy who since a young age have dreamt with his "ideal woman" or the "chosen one", so suddenly appeared in her life Summer (Zoey) who is more a free spirit soul and she immediately told him that she doesn't want to be girlfriend of anyone. But at the end they started to going out and everything seems to be very happy and this boy fell totally in-love but he's unsure what are they so there a moment in the movie he asked to Summer and she said something like "We're happy just the way we're. Why give a name to our relationship?" with a sweet voice. Then is funny to see how Tom started to hate every detail of her "I hate his smile" "I hate his crooked teeth" "His old fashioned hair", when at the beginnine he LOVED all those things.But that it showed how feelings are changing through

To sum up, I didnt like Summer because she reminds me a friend of mine, plus still don't get it what's so fascinating about Zooey. Anyway, as I said before and quoting the chracter of Chloe Moretz "To have the same hobbies or tastes,it doesnt mean a couple is meant to be each other" and that what this situation, he thought she was the "chosen one" but for her he wasn't "the boy".
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/2/2012, 10:55 am

Just watched the latest Pixar cartoon 'Brave' yesterday.

I know that this animated movie is famous for having a heroine as a lead character, and she's miles away from your typical damsel-in-distress princess, but... How do I say this? Most of the movie is about her trying to fix a problem she had created herself, so I'm not exactly awed by the character's display of wits and bravery later on.

It's no 'Finding Nemo'; but then, it's probably impossible to recreate a masterpiece like 'Finding Nemo'.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/2/2012, 6:58 pm

^ I am not crazy about Nemo. maybe because I am a cat and I am not into fish. blinkk

ok I watched the HP6 last night and may I just say it's kind of long and boring at some points. also it reminds me of LOTRs:

- the desaturated color w/ bluish hue
- the kids carrying the locket (or ring) on their necks before they can destroy it.
- the locket/ring's evil force will play w/ the minds of the carrier, causing distrust of their friends or some other conflict.
- the evil of the locket/ring cause them to split but they reunite when one is in eminent danger (in HP Ron returns to save HP from drowning and in LOTR Sam returns to save the main hobbit guy from the bad guys (forgot what they are called).
- they travel in the woods or wide open plains.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/2/2012, 7:46 pm

I went to see Rock of Ages over the weekend. It was OK, but not nearly as good as the Broadway musical version. Julianne Hough was pretty bad. She can't sing or act. Tom Cruise was better than I expected him to be. He really had the attitude of his character down. Though Alec Baldwin can't really sing, he was fine because the character doesn't really need to sing well. Malin Ackerman was really good, too.

The music was good, though, and I enjoyed it.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/2/2012, 7:47 pm

fantastica wrote:^ I am not crazy about Nemo. maybe because I am a cat and I am not into fish. blinkk

ok I watched the HP6 last night and may I just say it's kind of long and boring at some points. also it reminds me of LOTRs:

- the desaturated color w/ bluish hue
- the kids carrying the locket (or ring) on their necks before they can destroy it.
- the locket/ring's evil force will play w/ the minds of the carrier, causing distrust of their friends or some other conflict.
- the evil of the locket/ring cause them to split but they reunite when one is in eminent danger (in HP Ron returns to save HP from drowning and in LOTR Sam returns to save the main hobbit guy from the bad guys (forgot what they are called).
- they travel in the woods or wide open plains.

Psssst. That's HP7.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next