Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies reviews by yourself

+19
ColdFlame96
ChrisColferFan1
ColferGirl
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Ireth
Jellyrolls
BlueJazz
Buenos
Kurt Hummel
Emile
Delight
Sani
Glorfindel
tanita_mors
brisallie
fantastica
paulopf
Shinra17
23 posters

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

Movies reviews by yourself - Page 2 Empty Re: Movies reviews by yourself

Post  paulopf 4/18/2012, 2:24 am

Oh! One good thing about my movie adventure, though: I ate a hot dog and THREE macarons!
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/18/2012, 2:32 am

the food fits the movie - all junk. Razz

sorry my definition of jumk food includes anything that doesn't resemble their natural ingredients. for example, a hot dog doesn't resemble a dog at all. neutre
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/21/2012, 2:12 pm

Not sure if the SBL movie reviews would soon flood into this thread or the dedicated SBL thread...

Anyway, I just want to bring up a high school comedy movie I've watched recently which was surprisingly good-- 'Easy A' starring Emma Stone.

There's plenty of humour (not the usual slap-stick or gross-out kind), quirky, flawed characters with 'heart', and good, natural acting by the lead actress.

Admittedly, when I first read the plot (i.e. virgin girl pretends to have slept around with various guys as a favour to them), I wasn't expecting it to be any good. Decided to fork out money to rent this DVD today because I recall that someone else on this forum had mentioned Emma Stone being good in this movie. And yes, she really is good. Comedy suits her.

I wonder if anyone here had watched Brian Dannelly's other teen movie 'Saved', and know whether it's any good?
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 4/21/2012, 2:28 pm

Delight wrote:Not sure if the SBL movie reviews would soon flood into this thread or the dedicated SBL thread...
Neither of them Smile (nothing Chris related will come here)
in another special-spoiler allowed thread Wink

Delight wrote:I wonder if anyone here had watched Brian Dannelly's other teen movie 'Saved', and know whether it's any good?
I haven't watched the film but have read a few reviews a certain time ago, they were rather good, without screaming it was from a genius.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/21/2012, 2:44 pm

Delight wrote:I wonder if anyone here had watched Brian Dannelly's other teen movie 'Saved', and know whether it's any good?
I didn't watch 'Easy A' and, even if highschool movies are not my cup of tea (OMG, just learned this idiom and I love it haha) I have watched 'Saved'.

And I didn't liked it too much. I mean, from what I remember it's a nice and homely movie, and it's deal with a lot of smart issues, like relationship between gay, teen pregnancy and emargination, as well as religious dullness and the excessive mental conservatism (since the girl came from a religious school). And all of those themes are approached with an ironic and fun criticism, but pretty superficial IMO, thus the plot is fluent and doesn't have big surprises until the cheesy, really cheesy end.

But I don't want to discourage you, eh! It's only my opinion, so watch it, maybe you'll like it!
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/21/2012, 3:17 pm

I watched SAVED some years ago on TV and personally I like; I like how it was treated the religious fanatic through a satiric plot without being irrespectful to any ideology, also It was the first time I realized Mandy Moore can act lol
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/21/2012, 3:24 pm

And I didn't liked it too much. I mean, from what I remember it's a nice and homely movie, and it's deal with a lot of smart issues, like relationship between gay, teen pregnancy and emargination, as well as religious dullness and the excessive mental conservatism (since the girl came from a religious school). And all of those themes are approached with an ironic and fun criticism, but pretty superficial IMO, thus the plot is fluent and doesn't have big surprises until the cheesy, really cheesy end.
Yeah, but most of the things you described is a byproduct of the script and plot, not the director and his visual guidance. The director visualizes the writers vision, he may give his opinion on certain scenes if they don't flow the right way, but most directors care about angles and light, the actors performance and how to better it, overall edit of the film and ctr.

If the movie fails because of the theme and content it's the screenplay-writers fault. If it fails because of poor execution, that is the directors fault.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/21/2012, 3:31 pm

tanita_mors wrote:
Yeah, but most of the things you described is a byproduct of the script and plot, not the director and his visual guidance. The director visualizes the writers vision, he may give his opinion on certain scenes if they don't flow the right way, but most directors care about angles and light, the actors performance and how to better it, overall edit of the film and ctr.

If the movie fails because of the theme and content it's the screenplay-writers fault. If it fails because of poor execution, that is the directors fault.
Oh, indeed I didn't want to give an opinion on Brain Dannelly's work, but on the film in general.
I don't remember anything about the shooting or the photograph of it, and I thought her question was about the movie in general.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/21/2012, 3:35 pm

OK. I thought you were commenting on the director. Truth be told, I haven't seen this movie so I wouldn't know anything about his work.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/22/2012, 10:49 am

Emile wrote:
Oh, indeed I didn't want to give an opinion on Brain Dannelly's work, but on the film in general.
I don't remember anything about the shooting or the photograph of it, and I thought her question was about the movie in general.

Yes, my question was about the movie in general. Thanks for responding. And you too, brisallie. neutre

I'm just so desperate for SBL that I'm very tempted to buy the DVD of the only other teen movie that Brian Dannelly ever directed. I know that 'Saved!' and 'SBL' are probably light years apart in terms of plot, but it would satisfy my curiosity about how good a director Brian is.

Thing is, the DVD is not cheap (maybe because the store just doesn't stock all that many copies of it). I'm trying to get a sense of whether 'Saved!' is a movie that's worth buying and keeping.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/22/2012, 11:21 am

^

Why don't you download it from internet Delight? humhum
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 4/22/2012, 10:02 pm

I saw The Hunger Games on my birthday and I loved it! I didn't read the book but still thought it was great. I think Peeta is definitly my fave.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/22/2012, 10:05 pm

which one is peeta? i don't remember everybody.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 4/22/2012, 10:17 pm

He was the guy chosen from Distract 12 with Katness.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/22/2012, 11:34 pm

oh I see. funny I don't remember his name at all. i only remeber his face. Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/23/2012, 5:34 am

Kurtsie4ever wrote:I saw The Hunger Games on my birthday and I loved it! I didn't read the book but still thought it was great. I think Peeta is definitly my fave.
Mine too, but in the books. He is so well described!
And both Haymitch and Katniss are great characters! Cought, I don't like Gale at all.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 4/23/2012, 9:37 pm

Emile wrote:
Kurtsie4ever wrote:I saw The Hunger Games on my birthday and I loved it! I didn't read the book but still thought it was great. I think Peeta is definitly my fave.
Mine too, but in the books. He is so well described!
And both Haymitch and Katniss are great characters! Cought, I don't like Gale at all.

Haha. I'm not big Gale fan either.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/24/2012, 2:19 am

brisallie wrote:^

Eh... Limited broadband data download limit is one reason. The other reason is because I'm not sure where to get downloads of the movie. Would you have a link, by any chance?
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/24/2012, 5:02 am

Delight wrote:

Eh... Limited broadband data download limit is one reason. The other reason is because I'm not sure where to get downloads of the movie. Would you have a link, by any chance?

This is what I could find in 5 minutes that works. Maybe you should try torrent search as well.

http://pastebin.com/TTkwjkeA
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/24/2012, 7:22 am

tanita_mors wrote:

This is what I could find in 5 minutes that works. Maybe you should try torrent search as well.

Thank you heaps, tanita_mors! neutre

I can always rely on you to find these links to download movie files of questionable legality tonguue

I tried to go the route of torrent, but there just aren't enough seeds for the download to happen.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/24/2012, 7:58 am

Delight wrote:
tanita_mors wrote:

Thank you heaps, tanita_mors! neutre

I can always rely on you to find these links to download movie files of questionable legality tonguue

I tried to go the route of torrent, but there just aren't enough seeds for the download to happen.
I know not what you speak off. vexe phr34r
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/24/2012, 8:14 am

^ My bad! Razz

Piracy? Perish the thought!

I'm currently in the process of acquiring the movie file through totally legal means whis

Have to be careful though. Must leave enough data allowance to download the Glee episode later on.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/24/2012, 8:20 am

Delight wrote:^ My bad! Razz

Piracy? Perish the thought!

I'm currently in the process of acquiring the movie file through totally legal means whis

Have to be careful though. Must leave enough data allowance to download the Glee episode later on.
Are you using a leach site? I know a few, like LeachKing, but their size and time limits are well, limiting for me.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/24/2012, 8:25 am

tanita_mors wrote:
Are you using a leach site? I know a few, like LeachKing, but their size and time limits are well, limiting for me.

Um... what's a leach site? blinkk And how is it better than torrent?

I download Glee episodes via torrent, and I get the torrents at eztv.it

I use bit torrent and really limit the data it forces me to upload while I'm downloading (to around 1kb/s), so it's not too bad.

Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/24/2012, 8:56 am

Delight wrote:

I usually use Ares, most of the time it works perfectly and until now I haven't have problems with virus. If not I search on internet until I find a proper link :D Then I add the subs from another site that I've saved.

But I already see Tanita helped you. She's always there when's about to download a movie or series Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next